Thomas Cook Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by H Aldirmaz    (UK)

I have been travelling 3-4 times a year with Thomas Cook for the last 5 years. Have had 1 delayed flight during this time. I'm going back to Turkey again to visit family in the summer. Thomas Cook prices seem to be more expensive than other airlines but I might be willing to pay the extra as I have no problems with Thomas Cook. Also travel with 2 kids!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by V Stratton    (UK)

I flew back from Egypt yesterday on a 767. It was very uncomfortable. There was very little legroom so the man behind me had his knees resting on the back of my seat so I felt it every time he moved. The seats were very upright and didn't recline which is ridiculous for a 5 hour flight. The seat pockets were just slots that you couldn't put anything in and the tables were tiny and too high for comfort. The TV screens are up on the ceiling but it is hard to tip your head back comfortably in those seats. We were sitting right in the middle of the plane so most of the food, drinks and duty free we wanted had sold out by the time they got to us. I don't want to fly with Thomas Cook again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by G Rogers    (UK)

The most cramped lack of space I've ever had on any aircraft! My knees were pressing into the seat in front, no doubt to the discomfort of the person in that seat, and to me also as the person behind also obviously had his knees wedged into the back of my seat. What a cattle truck! - and for 6 hours. Apart from comfort there must also be safety implications, with people having difficulty getting out of their seat/row. Awful. Always had much more legroom on other operators aircraft.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by B Austin    (UK)

Worst long haul flight I have had. If they spent more time and effort trying to make customers feel relaxed and valued rather than trying to squeeze every last penny out of people then it might be a good airline. I did have enough leg room but seats were very narrow. There were no air vents blowing out cold air so flight was very hot and uncomfortable. A lot of the entertainment screens did not work and the ones that did the volume was broken. Every other long haul flight that I have been on has given passengers free snacks and soft drinks at the very least but not Thomas cook they don't give you as much as a bottle of water unless you pay very unrealistic prices for them. When checking in, all Thomas cook flight leaving that day checked in at the same desk which was just chaos and led to a very long wait. Unless you decided to take up the offer of the young girl offering passengers a quicker check in for another extra fee. All in all a very poor flight and very poor level of service by Thomas cook. The only good thing I can say about the airline is that it got me to where I was going.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Andrea Shaw    (UK)

Dreadful flight to Cyprus from Manchester in March 2014. Asked for a window seat but was given 28a which is not a window seat because it's near the exit. In fact you could hardly call it a seat for a small person which I am. Very claustrophobic. Asked to move and staff very unhelpful. Basically if I had wanted a better seat I should have pre booked or upgraded. My shoulder was stiff the whole holiday as I had to lean in. Never will I fly with Thomas Cook again!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by P Gillespie    (UK)

Manchester- Holguin (Cuba)- Manchester. March 19-28, 2014. Airbus A330 outward replaced by absolutely ancient Boeing as former was 'poorly' announced the captain. 3 timed films on drop-down screens. No seat recline available on 10 hour flight ! Constant selling from staff. A330 now recovered for return 8.5 hr night flight. Pillows and blankets only available for limited number of passengers. No priority, just lucky dip. 'Company Policy'. I only found seat recline lever within 1 hour of Manchester. Nobody else did. All passengers upright all night. Obviously in staff interest not to say because they have targets to meet re. headphones, drinks (twice), duty-free, questionnaires etc. Lights were down 2 hrs max. Really surprised how desperate the announcements were to push tobacco products. Lastly why does Thos Cook Airline teach its staff to use the p.a. as though a nursery teacher to 4 yr olds? Too patronising, lacking respect. We are actually fare-paying adults.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by J Gunstone    (UK)

Hurghada, November 2013 and January 2014 from Manchester. Found check-in staff in November really unhelpful. We were told to weigh our hand baggage first and found to be 1Kg over. We explained it was the paperwork for the flight and certain medication but to no avail. We were made to take stuff out and place in hold bags, she was very rude and although it was explained to her that people go to the duty free shops and fill their cabin bags with goods, she said that this didn't happen! Also explained that 5Kg was a legal limit for cabin bags (total lie). January flight different again, obviously different staff but helpful cheerful and made the transfer a non stressful event (as it should be). Both flights uncomfortable, no leg room, broken seats and the seemingly compulsory broken toilet on the return trips. Thank goodness Monarch are now flying to Hurghada, approx 50% of the cost and better service. As frequent travelers to Hurghada, we welcome this competition, hopefully TC will up their game, their whole booking online system is inadequate with frequent changes to aircraft and therefor your seat reservations. We found that paying to book your specific seat/s is a complete rip off. They can (and do) change your seat, without telling you, and let it be a complete surprise when you get on the (different) aircraft.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by R Shevels    (UK)

Tenerife - Newcastle, Boeing 757, Seat 12F, Behind exit door. Huge gap between door seal and airframe, icy draft for 5 hours, paid for extra leg room not a cold draft up the trouser leg, asked for a blanket, received a small thin piece of cloth labeled "Polar Fleece", only 5 of these available. Cabin crew not interested, only spoke to passengers when they were selling something. Don't bother, book with a better airline.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  26 March 2014 by P Manning    (UK)

Just returned from Cuba and was worried by bad reviews. We booked premium upgrade and seats and cabin were just as comfortable as Virgin. Only criticism is that the lights were not dimmed early enough on the return flight so unable to rest as much as would have wished. In economy the seats were narrow and it was hotter especially in the middle of the plane. Flight attendants were polite and helpful. As the upgrade is half the price of Virgin you would not expect wine with meals and free drinks on demand but tea or coffee is provided with the meal which was tasty, choice of two mains. Drinks can be purchased. Tea £2.50. Choice of films or radio adequate. I enjoyed the flight even though it was longer than usual as the pilot diverted to avoid bad weather.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by S Quinn    (UK)

Excellent flight from Manchester to Barbados via Antigua, January 2014. Seat felt roomy and plenty of leg space. Good food and very pleasant crew. Was not expecting much because the flight was so cheap so was really pleased. Have already booked again for January 2015.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Matt Jeffrey    (UK)

London Gatwick-Barbados-London Gatwick onboard the A330-200. This flight was part of a P&O Cruise package and having flown Thomas Cook to Miami on another cruise charter a few years ago we were not looking forward to the experience! However, both flights were on time, the food was fine and the legroom has been improved dramatically since our last trip. I'm 6ft and had plenty of space in front of my knees even with the seat in front reclined. The crew and service provided on both legs was excellent.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  12 March 2014 by A Harrison    (UK)

Just returned from flight Barbados, the worst airline we have travelled on. Booked extra leg room this was row 30, firstly seat near window should not have been charged for, also not told toilets were there. People crowded there. Had long delay at Barbados airport and not 1 person from company came to departure lounge, nothing offered in about 8hrs, then had to collect baggage and go to different hotels at midnight, then collected from hotels and once again taken to airport. Absolutely horrendous, finally arrived in Manchester on Monday morning at 7am instead of Sunday at 4am.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  10 March 2014 by D Bodicoat    (UK)

Main complaint is over seat spacing and lack of seat comfort. This was on an Airbus 321, from East Midlands to Lanzarote and back. How anyone would expect to be able to evacuate the aircraft in an emergency is little short of a joke. Looking at other reviews, I was pleased not to have paid a premium, all that seems to achieve is to add to the cost. Food was just about adequate, with a hot drink served in a very small paper cup. At least the flights were on time in both direction and the cabin staff were pleasant enough. Could have done without the bombardment of announcements on the outward flight in connection with scratch cards and customer reviews - do they take any notice of the latter anyway?

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2014 by P Simpson    (UK)

We travelled from Manchester to Cancun, and return, on one of their Airbus A330-200. The aircraft has been reconfigured to a 2-4-2 seating plan. We were seated mid cabin in the 2 seat starboard side. There was sufficient legroom, however, the seats were narrow with little padding for this long hall flight. They were most uncomfortable. Do not book the extra legroom seat by entrance toilet, your gets hit by the door every time it is opened.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by N Laver    (UK)

Economy flight to Llieda (for skiing in Andorra). Fairly quick and efficient check-in. Hassle free boarding and greeted pleasantly onboard. However, the flights to and back were ruined by the seat comfort. As a very seasoned and regular passenger on scheduled flights throughout the world, the TC 757-300 aircraft had the most unpleasant, uncomfortable seats that I have ever had the misfortune of using. I am around 6ft and my knees were jammed against the seat in front. The seats were very thin and offered little support. The tray table was higher than I am used to and around 2/3 of the standard size. When the mediocre food arrived it was a struggle to find room to eat. Clearly Thomas Cook believe that they have found a 'winning formula' to cram the maximum seating into the aircraft. They have lost my future custom and I am actively ensuring that I don't recommend them to anyone else.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2014 by A Cook    (UK)

Gatwick to Dalaman. Both times I have flown with this airline have been really bad. On one flight I was so cold and they refused to get my friend a blanket. The next time we were sat by the toilet and of course that's never good but mostly the problem was the tiny seats! I am a slim woman and not really that tall but I was so uncomfortable.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2014 by L Vernon    (UK)

Just got back from Tenerife flying from Newcastle, the outbound and inbound flights were a pleasure, the stewards/stewardesses worked throughout both flights although the inbound flight only had 77 customers on so the staff had more time to talk to everyone especially our twin 4 year old grandsons whom they joked and played with. A great experience for us.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2014 by A Kola    (UK)

TCX816, 29/1/14, TCX854, 9/2/14. MAN - Barbados - MAN. Outbound asked 4 times for a blanket, only when the duty free trolley came round was I able to get one as I refused to buy anything until I got a blanket. Return trip had no blankets or pillows and the worst vegetarian meal I have tasted. A joke for long haul and the price we have to pay and no alternative other than expensive snacks.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  13 February 2014 by R Sargeant    (UK)

Gatwick to Cancun, 29/1/2014 to 10/2/2014. Well what can I say simply this look at all the bad reviews take them in and understand that if you want a good flight experience please book with another company, Thomas Cook are a let down from start to finish. Whatever they tell you you are getting with them I can assure you, you are not. Premium is a joke, select your seats - no point you won't get them anyway. Your inflight entertainment won't work so take your tablet, on the upside the the staff are friendly and do their best.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  11 February 2014 by P Johnson    (UK)

Gatwick to Goa return on A332. We were very pleasantly surprised at the TC product. Adequate legroom and reasonable food, we had no need for the IFE. Flight was early on both legs. Cabin Crew were friendly and engaged. We would happily fly with TC on this route and aircraft type again. I am 6 ft 2 inches tall so I know the misery of a cramped aircraft.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  11 February 2014 by J Stafford    (UK)

7 Feb 2014, TCX2515, Hurghada (HRG) to Manchester (MAN). Worst flight experience I have had, leg room was the worst I have come across, cabin temperature was faulty - too hot. No individual controls. Boeing 757 far too small for a six hour flight. It is a budget airline but there are limits.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  11 February 2014 by P Clayton    (UK)

Went to Banjul, Feb 2014. We are well travelled and have flown many times and I'm 6'1" and slim. This was by far the worst travel experience made even more uncomfortable by an extended trip to pick up fuel on way back in Las Palma's. The seats are ridiculously uncomfortable and we had a pair of drunken passengers behind us. We tried to upgrade our seats on the way back but sold out. I will never fly in these planes (757s) or with TC ever again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by J B Staines    (UK)

Flew to Banjul and back end January/early February from Gatwick. We had booked extra leg room seats and could not have endured the journey without them. The flight should have been 6.5 hours but took over 9 hours going out and 7.5 hours coming back because of unscheduled re-fuelling in the Canaries and issues loading cargo. Staff were great on both journeys, plenty of communication (even when it was bad) and customer focused hostesses, particularly on the return flight. The food was quite good for airline food. One film shown on outbound flight, no entertainment system on inbound. On the outbound flight my seat was broken and I couldn't stop it reclining and crushing the knees of the tall gentleman behind me. It was a newer plane on the return journey and for the first time ever, I had to have an extension seat belt (I'm a size 20 and 6 feet tall). All Thomas Cook need to make them a good airline is to increase their seat pitch. I just don't know how the tall people on our flights endured over 9 hours in such cramped conditions.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  5 February 2014 by A Gillard    (UK)

Very pleased to experience an excellent flight with Thomas Cook. I flew from Manchester to Barbados in January 2014. After reading all the negative reviews, I was really worried about travel arrangements. From check in to arrival, I could not fault anything, the staff were very pleasant and helpful, seats comfortable and food good (for an airline). I look forward to travelling with them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by A Humphries    (UK)

Flew TCX 148 on an A330 Manchester to Cancun on 21/1/14. Paid the 'Premium upgrade' not knowing that Thomas Cook had transformed themselves into an absolutely 'no frills' carrier! Everything was extra from headphones to tea, coffee, soft drinks, water and of course alcohol! The meal was overheated and dry with a small tea or coffee included although no offer of a second cup. If I were James Martin I wouldn't want my name printed all over the food cartons! Cabin staff were unwelcoming and quite surly once we informed them of out dissatisfaction and disappointment when we compared the 'upgrade' to that offered by Thomson on the same route previously. One replied 'well you're not flying with Thomsom now'. Shall not fly with Thomas Cook again and would not recommend to anyone else on the basis of my experience. It's the first time I've ever been hungry and thirsty on a long haul flight. Not looking forward to the return flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2014 by Edward Pugh    (UK)

Travelled premium class to Goa in Jan 2014, what a waste of money. The extra money pays for priority booking and extra weight and leg room. The service is poor, having travelled this way with other operators I was looking for that bit extra, forget it, save your money. We paid over £300 for this, about 70 bottles of their overpriced bottles of wine.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 January 2014 by D Brettschneider    (Austria)

Gatwick-Cancun-Gatwick. TCX186 and TCX187, 18 December 2013 - 1 January 2014. We had expected the flight from hell after reading some of the reviews but we were pleasantly surprised. Food was far better expected and the flight attendant on the flight back from Cancun to Gatwick was lovely. It's definitely worth paying for extra legroom.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 January 2014 by R Simonds    (UK)

Our return trip with Thomas Cook airlines was one of the worst that I have come across. The crew were offhand and the cabin administrator on charge of the others was positively rude. The meal numbers had not been checked at Cancun so they did not realise that the correct number had been heated. By the time they reached our row they had run out and we were told that it would take another 45 minutes. On suggesting that we may be given a complementary drink (either soft or otherwise )the cabin chief steward told us that this was not going to happen in no uncertain terms and blamed the Cancun caterers for placing the food wrongly. He then said that it would be 20 minutes. We received half heated chicken!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 January 2014 by John R Montgomery    (UK)

My experience of Thomas Cook Airlines is a much more positive one than the majority posted here. Travelling for the second successive year from CWL to PFO in high season their performance was flawless. On time both ways, efficient and personable cabin crew who worked as team and OK seat comfort. I can be difficult to please but there was really nothing to fault - although the ticket cost could have been better. My son wanted a model plane which was in the inflight brochure and they cheerfully found it for him. I recognised some of the cabin crew as being the same from the previous year and I would suggest that having a tight knit team operating out of CWL helps to avoid some of the flaws that have been identified elsewhere.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2013 by F Michael    (UK)

Flew Manchester-Cancun-Manchester on 30/11/13 - 11/12/13. We had pre booked seats well in advance and while this has always been honoured by TC in the past and was on this occasion, I keep reading reviews of peoples seats not being reserved. I shouldn't have worried. Food was good. One or two passengers complain but seriously what do you expect, a gourmet meal? It's not bad in the great scheme of things. The seat pitch is good and better than Virgin Long Haul and while the entertainment isn't on demand, there is a wide range of choice. Cabin crew were ok going out, much more attentive coming back. Will continue to fly with TC whilst we keep enjoying good experiences with them.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  16 December 2013 by G Gaztab    (UK)

MAN-CUN-MAN, 28th Nov/12th Dec. New to TCA A330 which has a had a complete interior re-fit, only 31" legroom but felt like more and was ample, seats comfortable with a good recline, new good/clear quality touchscreen IFE also with USB socket so you could charge any gadgets you have, 8 movies, various TV shows and music channels, food good but not very big portions, overall a good experience for a charter long-haul flight, would have no problem using them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 December 2013 by J Ross    (UK)

Dreadful, never again will fly with Thomas Cook. Flew Gran Canaria to Glasgow on a very old 757. Dreadfully slow loading procedure (took off 30 minutes late and no announcements in the airport on the delay), didn't board by row numbers so chaos in getting up the aisle, cramped legroom, poor attempt at inflight movie (understandably poor quality on a plane of this considerable age). Cabin crew did make up for the experience slightly in flight but generally a horrible experience.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  13 December 2013 by J Clarke    (UK)

Traveled Manchester to Barbados on the first flight out there on 10th November. We were even greeted by a steel band and water cannon salute. It was a comfy seat, I think it was a new airplane and great service. The James Martin meal was lovely, better than last time on another airline. Seat configuration was 2x3x2 so excellent when travelling in pairs. I would go on them again long haul.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  11 December 2013 by C Garraway    (UK)

Just returned from Banjul Gambia on TCX 1032/33. Not a good start when we all on board on time the Captain announced that "sorry we need another 10 minutes to upload more fuel". This made us actually 1 hour late - thought they would have known well before the flight how much fuel was required - doesn't inspire much confidence does it? Cabin crew were excellent and so was the food but how any self respecting airline can expect their customers to sit in a 28" pitch seat for a 6 hours flight is beyond me: this is really appalling. This airline is rapidly loosing the plot - they want to present the cheapest prices simply forgetting that not everyone want this - most want Value For Money which is definitely what you do not get with them.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by C Booth    (UK)

Don't ever fly with Thomas Cook to Goa. I travelled with a group of 8 people and booked their so called premium class seats. What a huge disappointment that was. As far as I am concerned, Thomas Cook and Thomas Cook Airlines are not interested in their customers comfort and I would never use them on a long haul flight again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  3 December 2013 by W Moss    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Mexico on 16th November 2013 and returned 1st Dec 13. We had pre booked seats on the way out, row 8, no premium cabin but the seats were good. Decent legroom, comfortable seats and good inflight entertainment. Touchscreen TV where you can pause, start and stop movies when you liked. Cabin crew staff on the other hand, different story. Not interested in anyone, no order to what they were doing. Each time I went to the toilet cabin crew staff was stood by the toilets being rude about passengers and made no effort to stop or hide conversations when I came to use the toilet. This I find very unprofessional and uncomfortable. Check in lady at Manchester had no customer service skills, never once made eye contact. Return journey. Plane was changed that morning for some reason so the layout of the plane was totally different to what it was when people paid to pre book seats! This meant that pre booked seats went out of the window. The plane was old and very small. Arm rests didn't come up so you had very little space to move! The TV screens tiny and fuzzy. Entertainment on a loop and the sound was crackling! The plane was dirty and very uncomfortable. A lot of people very unhappy due to all the moving around etc including myself. I paid to pre book my seats for a reason. The rep at the airport said TC are allowed to make changes at anytime and if this causes problems with your seating arrangements then complain when you get home! Staff on this flight, better than going out but I still feel they need lessons in customer service skills. I found the food generally ok for plane food. Breakfast on the way home was a bit naff though, a muffin and a yoghurt, I was very surprised you had to pay for soft drinks, I get paying for alcohol but soft drinks I would have thought would have been included. Overall a very disappointing experience from booking to coming home.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by Patricia Lyne    (UK)

I travelled on a Saga Package to Turkey in Early October so didn't have a choice of airline. However, everything about Thomas Cook was very good indeed with the exception of the leg room which was very cramped indeed. I am a vegetarian and the James Martin food provided was superb!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2013 by J Haycock    (UK)

Just got back from a TC holiday from Cuba. We flew from Manchester to Cayo Coco, there were no premium option available on the flight as it is the new A330. However as someone with dietary restrictions, I was appalled. I ordered a Gluten free meal, but clearly their catering department cannot be bothered other than providing a gluten free roll. The side dishes are usually given in a separate box. My OH has desert, cheese biscuits etc. In mine, one gluten free roll, that's it. Nothing to replace the pudding. Tea time came and once again the food was served. The cabin staff could not be bothered firstly looking up who had ordered special meals, so was firstly given a pack of sandwiches, and a box again with something sweet. On correcting them they delivered mine. No alternative for the sandwiches instead a box with a gluten free roll and a banana. Nothing else. The return journey wasn't much better.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  22 November 2013 by Rebecca Lewis    (UK)

We travelled as a family of four to and from Mexico. Considering I have flown dozens of times all over the world this has to be the worst experience yet. Firstly, the cabin crew were unfriendly and found it appropriate to discuss their personal lives whilst handing out the food. They also found it acceptable to comment on the behaviour of someone else's child. Secondly, we were given one pillow (of such cheap quality they were of no use) between three people and one blanket. When my 11 year old asked for another pillow the staff told her to look round for another one! Thirdly, the crew took their breaks near to the toilets and felt it appropriate to read magazine and block everyone out, even those who had queries. Fourthly, the drinks are over priced and when you ring the bell to ask for another they just ignore. when we arrived to our destination we were so dehydrated as they also only come round a couple of times on a long haul. This really is an appalling airline. I accept it is a budget airline but really this takes the biscuit. Thomas Cook, you need to up your game. We will never will fly them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  22 November 2013 by G Townshend    (UK)

Just flown Thomas Cook Gatwick to Orlando - never again! Flight out was OK, but coming back none of the aircraft seats reclined. Try spending 8 hours in a bolt upright position with very little leg room and a headrest that actually bends your head forwards. Needless to say nobody could relax, let alone get any sleep on a night flight. On top of that one of our cabin crew was extremely rude and unprofessional, they ran out of meal choices almost straight away, the in-flight entertainment did not work properly and there were only a handful of pillows/blankets to go around. Worst flight ever, which my back and neck is still suffering from a week later.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2013 by S Patton    (Ireland)

Long haul Gatwick to Cancun. Didnt bother to check airline reviews as I wrongly expected it to be long but half way comfortable, it was almost unbearable. Seats became painful after about an hour, I spent most of the flight standing. I presume the seats were old and had no padding left. With a layout of 3-3-3 there was no room, when seated I had to be bolt upright as my elbows would have no room. The staff were obviously stressed out with that working conditions, you could barely move the trolley down the aisle. There were no free drinks or snacks but most of the time there was a trolley in the way selling scratchcards or duty free. Just a painfully uncomfortable flight. Also when we got there we were told that we were responsible for the airline departure tax, on return was several stressed out staff taking cash only payments. I said i would pay but only if I got a receipt, this was refused? Very strange behaviour not taking card payments or giving a receipt. Flight back was same as flight over but an hour shorter. Will do my homework and research to avoid another long haul from hell with TCA.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by Ankers Graham    (UK)

Travelled to and from Turkey at the end of October - holiday from heaven but flights from hell. Paid extra for the extra leg room seats but I wonder why as these were of an inferior quality and actually seemed narrower than the normal seats. Don't get me wrong I didn't expect plush seats but I did expect a little more than we got and certainly expected that I would be able to put the table across my knee to eat my meal. The extra legroom seats were also made pointless as the cabin staff were constantly blocking the aisle so they could sell their wares, thus causing passengers wanting to get to the toilets to congregate in the space that was sold as the extra leg room. Inflight film looked like it may have been worth a watch, apart from the fact the screen was so far away you would need binoculars to watch it, and to hear it would be impossible in the extra leg room seats as to plug in the over priced headphones would mean sawing your leg off. Food was hot but pretty much inedible (to me at least). Luckily the food was included in the package as it is definitely not worth bothering with. No choice in what you are served up - just get what they have left. Yes I will fly again with them but only because the hotel I like in Turkey can only be booked through them. Yes it is a budget airline but they don't half fleece you when they take £30 each way off you for the extra leg room seats that are not fit for purpose.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  7 November 2013 by D Barnard    (UK)

Flew to Cuba with Thomas Cook on 21/10/2013, A330, economy. I have to say after reading some of the reviews I had a few worries, but I was presently surprised. I'm 6'4 and a bit of a wide load, although the seats were a bit on the narrow side the leg room was very ample, fortunately I have a skinny wife so I had a bit of over spill space, I did keep leaning on the controls of her TV which she did find a bit of an annoyance. I don't go on flights for the food, but it was quite good, in fact much better than the last time I flew with BA and Thomson. Ok so you get nothing included for free but this is long haul Budget flying, and worked out allot cheaper than other suppliers (£500 or so for the 2 of us). The cabin crew on outward and inward flights were brilliant. Very polite even when some of our fellow passengers seem to go out of their way to be awkward and rude. Please remember this is a budget airline! Looking forward to returning next year.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by John Fernyhough    (UK)

Manchester to Menorca, Flight TCX2442, 17 August 2013, Return Flight TXC2443. The outbound flight, the scheduled aircraft was withdrawn and replaced by a standby plane. The standby aircraft had two less seats. As a result there was no seat for me and I was allocated the jump seat at the back of the plane. Thomas Cook offered a £70 voucher as compensation which I have rejected. The return flight to Manchester was delayed by nearly 6 hrs.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by Antoinette Johnson    (UK)

I travelled to Cuba which is a 7 hour flight, I was shocked to know that you have to pay for soft drinks. I can understand if they were charging for alcoholic drinks but water and soft drink is disgraceful. We were given 15kg for a two week holiday but others were given 20kg we had to pay an extra £20 each way £40 for what others got free, same holiday destination. Thomas Cooks priority was making money it is not customer service or customer satisfaction. We will not be cooking with Thomas Cook again. Most disappointing.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by P Kieran    (UK)

Glasgow to Gran Canaria (Las Palmas), then Tenerife South to Glasgow. Both flights were on time, with friendly cabin crew. Plane in both directions was a pretty old Boeing 757-200 which had seen better days, although to be fair the outbound flight had been fitted with new seating. Flights on time in both directions, food served was fairly average and pretty much what I expect these days. Main gripe is that 5kg hand-luggage allowance is pretty mean, even Ryanair allow more!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2013 by D Wood    (UK)

I have just returned from holiday from Tunisia, we flew from Birmingham TCX4028/9, 16th until 23rd Oct 2013. I agree the legroom is not the best but you get what you pay for, I'm well aware when I travel on a charter flight that your not going to get legroom so I cant understand why people complain about their seats. If you want comfort pay to go business class with British Airways. The seats in general were very good and the crew had told us that the aircraft had just had new seats fitted. Products are expensive to purchase on the flight but again its a charter flight not a scheduled airline so you have to expect to pay, the airline is a business at the end of the day and has to make money! The meal was very nice made by James Martin and we had a choice of meal on way home something that my airline back in the day did not offer. Staff onboard were excellent on the outward flight, spoke to every row of passengers and were very funny. Inward flight crew were very good again. I shall be flying with them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Barbara Fletcher    (UK)

While the flight there and back was very good and the food was lovely, we felt totally ripped off because my husband paid £200 to upgrade us to premium, the only good thing about it was by passing everybody to get through security. I know other airlines give you free drinks, newspapers , headsets and amenity kits, wine with dinner and choice of food. No such luck with Thomas Cook, you get a little bit extra legroom and priority boarding. I enjoyed the return journey more because the cabin crew were much more friendly. Next year we are going with Monarch. We flew from Manchester to Sanford on 4th of October and returned on the 18th.