Thomas Cook Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by K Kowalczyk    (UK)

After reading so many bad reviews I was actually afraid to fly with TC and didn't want to start enjoying holidays until I actually get to Cancun. However we were surprised! Everything went smoothly and everything was fine! Indeed seats are not as comfortable as in the usual airlines ( Virgin, BA etc) but it was not that bad. Food was this same quality as with other airlines - it was good. Ice cream and mini cheese board was a very nice addition. Staff and service was great! Entertainment - not a great selection and for the best movies you need to pay. I watched couple of movies I haven't seen before. Modern screens - working on both flights - get your own earphones with you. I got my book and magazines to read with me. We got a blanked and a pillow on a night flight back. We bought our own bottle of water at the airport and paid for beer on a board. I like the seating plan that seems to be perfect for couples! It was very good flight (both ways)!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by F Michael    (UK)

Flew Manchester - Cayo Coco - Manchester. Initially had a three hour delay flying out to Cuba, but we were kept up to date with information and a spare plane was flown up from Gatwick. It was a newly refurbished A330 cabin with on demand entertainment which was great, though the choice was fairly limited, but better than the older A330 cabin entertainment systems. Flight back left on time and we even arrived into Manchester an hour ahead of schedule. Overall, food was good, staff were good. We couldn't complain at all. It may not be a glamour airline but TC does the job.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Volante Suzanne    (UK)

We flew long haul from Manchester to Cancun on 17th Oct returning 31st Oct. After reading some of the reviews on here I was dreading the flight. I can only say we didn't need to worry from check in to landing, each flight was great. We paid extra each to have just 2 seats together at the back of the plane as my partner likes to look out of the window and I have a bad right leg so would have more room to stretch. This wasn't needed as the leg room was great even for my partner who is over 6ft. The attendants were very nice even though they were very busy. The food was good for airline food. We knew b4 hand the cost of drinks so bought water and coke at the airport. Never watched the films so I had put films I wanted to watch on my kindle so going I watched these and read a little coming back the same. My partner slept most of the way both trips and he said the seats were very comfy.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by J Winn    (UK)

My wife and I live on the Isle of Man and use Easyjet to connect with other flights. They allow you to check-in 3 weeks in advance for both the outbound and return flights together, so I can't understand why this airline don't have a similar service. The reason for this became clearer on our return flight from Milas airport in Turkey. We weren't allowed to check-in online for the return journey so made sure we arrived at the airport well in advance which put us in around the first 30% of the queue. I don't believe that every other passenger on the flight would have booked their seat, but maybe that was the case. As we class the flight as part of our holiday experience, this was ruined by the fact that we were separated on the flight. The only reason I can think for them doing this, is so that next time we book we pay extra for our seats, except this will never happen as we won't ever fly with Thomas Cook again. As we normally sit together when travelling, my wife usually carries the money, water, reading glasses, magazines etc. along with my tablets as I'm diabetic. I donít suppose this company would even be bothered about the hassle and inconvenience this would cause their customers. The real problem I have is the fact that the person who checked us in never mentioned this whatsoever and the first we realised is just before we got on the plane. A simple bit of common courtesy and an apology e.g. I'm sorry I have to split you up as the seats are all taken would have sufficed but not a mention. There is no possible excuse for this which makes it the worst customer service we've ever experienced and my wife and I have travelled all over the world on a lot of different airlines.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by A Reid    (UK)

This was the worst set of flights I have ever taken. Both directions were over 4 hours and overnight, however the seats were the narrowest I have ever sat in and fixed in place. The seats were so small that it was not possible to hold a book normally but to have to hold it up much closer to your face and with so little space that they did not have space for a normal tray which meant when food came round there was not space to also have anything to drink. The food was awful and struggled to eat any of the hot meals, which were of course an extra charge. There was no entertainment full stop. This was an awful experience but then every step of the way with Thomas Cook was an awful experience and would not recommend them to anyone. Every seat on the plane was reduced room and non- recline so paying to upgrade is not an option either.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by P Phillips    (UK)

Just got back from Barbados on the (now) infamous TCX816 fight which was delayed a few times. We initially sat on the plane for 4hrs without going anywhere (not good) due to technical problems. Eventually got off the plane and taken to a hotel which was very nice. Thomas Cook did everything possible to make the transition smooth, staff very helpful and polite. Should have left 6.30pm Thursday, eventually left around 4pm Saturday. Would like to thank Thomas Cook for doing everything they could with efficiency and polite staff. My only criticism was having to hang about waiting for further updates every few hours, had they said 24 plus hrs delay we could have enjoyed extra time on the beach instead of hotel room waiting for calls.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Brian Hitchen    (UK)

LGW to Tenerife 17/10/14 returning 24/10/14 - both directions by B757-300. Cabin crew on both legs quite helpful - beverages a little pricey. I must say in 47 years of flying around this planet these two flights were without doubt the most uncomfortable I have had to endure, the seats are far to narrow and are fixed. The seating plan was 3x3 after a 4 hr flight I felt cramped being unable to move about. If I am unfortunate enough to travel with this airline again I will first check which model of aircraft is being used, if its a B757-300 I will change my travel arrangements. I travelled to Malta in June 14 with this airline in an Airbus aircraft which although had fixed seating it was far more comfortable - it is a wider aircraft unlike the B757-300 which is very narrow with 285 people crammed inside when full, which it was on both legs of my journey.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Trigg Joyce    (UK)

On our return flight to Las Vegas we found the seats far too narrow. Leg room was fine but width totally unacceptable. I couldn't use the controls on my arm rest as the person sat next to me completely obstructed them. In flight entertainment was not available on both legs of the flight but the crew sold ear phones for £3.00 each to all passengers. Totally unacceptable.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by P Kieran    (UK)

We flew from Glasgow to Tenerife on 22nd October on a 14yr old Boeing 757-200. This must be one of the aircraft that Thomas Cook are retiring at the end of the year as it certainly looked its age! Legroom was as expected, quality of the James Martin breakfast was predictably poor and the entertainment screens didn't work properly (I think a betamax tape was used)! Staff were helpful and approachable and carried out their tasks efficiently and professionally. Flight was more-or-less on time. Main criticism is Thomas Cook's lousy hand luggage allowance of 5kg, if Jet2 can do 10kg and Easyjet unlimited, why can Thomas Cook not do the same? Would fly with them again, but if Jet2 was much the same fare I'd fly with them for thw simple reason that they allow 7kg extra per person (with hand and hold luggage combined).

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by A Par    (UK)

I travelled with Thomas Cook on the 12th October from Newcastle to Tenerife flight time 0930. I decided to travel with Thomas Cook as it is a well known popular company, and it's fair to say I will never travel with them again! The seats were uncomfortable - the leg room was poor. I asked for an extended seatbelt quietly as I was embarrassed but the cabin crew was not so quiet about it! The cabin crew going to Tenerife were not customer friendly. I overheard them moaning to each other about passengers needing the toilet. However the flight home on the 19th October at 1530 had lovely cabin crew who were so friendly and very good with the passengers. Also found that the aircraft were dirty in general. On balance I would never travel with Thomas Cook again was so disappointed with the at the start of my holiday! I think staff need extra customer service training.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by James Garratt    (UK)

24th October, Birmingham to Heraklion. Boarding was hassle free and on time, the crew were helpful and generally nice. However, seats were torn, arm rests were dirty and the overhead panel was wonky. I know that they are replacing the 757s with A321s which would counteract the mess. Food was good and plentiful. Knowing that there will be clean new aircraft, I would fly Thomas Cook again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by Ruscoe Jacqueline    (UK)

1st Oct 2014, London Gatwick to Rhodes, return 8th Oct, TCX1487, Rhodes to London Gatwick. If you are thinking of booking a holiday with Thomas Cook, my advice would be don't. We certainly expected more than the budget airline we received. Rigid upright chairs with a lump in the centre back that leaves you trying without success to gain a comfortable position to sit for the flight to Greece. We didn't expect food, however on our outbound trip they offered snacks and drinks just into the flight, we asked if we could get food and drinks later and were advised yes. When we did later ask we were told by a quite snotty stewardess that if we wanted something we would have to get it ourselves from the back - none of the purchase meals were available just chocolate, crisps etc. On our return trip it was the same scrum to check in. Once boarded we now knew we had to have our knees under our seats so no shock. The staff on this flight were friendlier, but the level of comfort is nil. We had a family behind us with two babies who screamed and screamed throughout the flight. Shame on Thomas Cook.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Paul Todd    (UK)

Flew Manchester to Bodrum on 29th September on the Boeing 767. We pre-booked our seats, meals and extra luggage. Cabin crew fantastic and nothing was a bother. Really friendly and genuine. Good inflight entertainment and delicious meals.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Julie Gilham    (UK)

For the extra £400 to upgrade to Premium it was a joke. No extra legroom in row A, planes were filthy, staff were unapproachable on the return journey. Inflight entertainment did not work properly on the outbound and inbound journeys. Delayed on the runway for 2.5 hours on the return journey due to a runway being closed, after an hour we were offered a small tub of water and a cereal bar which was 5 days our of date! The boarding card on the return journey stamper 'Business Class' absolute joke! Virgin airways are far superior and you get most things included in the price, would never fly Thomas Cook again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by L Webster    (UK)

Thomas Cook are not a family friendly airline. Following booking for a long haul flight we contacted Thomas Cook to request a bassinet for an infant however apparently Thomas Cook do not offer this service but we were not made aware of this at the time of booking. The only alternative is to pay for a full price seat and to bring your own car seat, however if you do this, no infant baggage allowance is given so you can add on an extra £200 for baggage alone. What a complete rip off. Bassinets are offered by other airlines, which is who we will travel with in future as it's too late to do anything about it now. I will certainly never book flights with Thomas Cook again. What an appalling way to treat families travelling. Since we can't afford to pay another full price fare as well as the extra baggage fee on top of the existing holiday cost our poor little man will have to sit on our knees for the whole lengthy flight without the option of lying him down in a bassinet where he would be able to get some sleep, and I'm sure is would also have been beneficial to other travellers on the flight. So disappointed.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by S Williams    (UK)

London Gatwick to Antalya - like most of the reviews on this forum my expectations were not high, but it is clear that the airline have cut their product to the minimum and are not really interested in the overall customer experience. The aircraft are now configured to the maximum capacity which means that seat pitch is virtually the smallest in the industry. When will Thomas Cook wake up to the fact that this damaging their brand. If you are flying customers off to four and five star hotels, the last thing they want is to start their holiday in a manner that resembles a cattle truck. Think about your product and other reviews on this site and start making improvements before it is too late.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Gillan Hope    (UK)

Once again, Thomas Cook has proven themselves to be little more than extortionists. The last two times I have booked a holiday with them I have attempted to use their online check in almost 48 hours prior to my flight and each time it has shown me an empty plane with sufficient seats to be had and yet from the outset we are placed in adjoining seats on both sides of an aisle while a prompt asks if you would like to pay extra to move to seats that are next to each other. You can't even move just one seat next to the other as it charges you double as if you had moved them both! Last time this happened I decided to wait and check in at the airport just to see if they had since allocated those seats to someone else and given us new ones, but no, they had specifically allocated the same ones to us from the outset even though the plane was empty at that time still. I have just gone through the same process and once again, they have placed me and my husband on two sides of an aisle. This company can claim all it likes that it attempts to sit people together when possible but the fact remains they are now deliberately carrying out this practise so that people are forced to pay extra for holidays they have already paid for. This will be the last holiday or cruise I will book through this company until they become more honest in their dealings will their passengers.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Linda Stewart    (UK)

We flew from Glasgow to Antalya on 18th September. I wish we hadn't. The cramped seats were expected, the lack of any interesting entertainment likewise. So we'd taken books and we'd booked the James Martin inspired meal, thinking this would keep us occupied throughout the four and a half hour trip. How naive of us! Screaming, crying, shrieking and general shouting and bawling were the order of the day. And then there were the kids. Most of our fellow travellers seemed to have to bellow at each other in order to be heard. Well, it was either that or sign language. The steward who made the intercom announcements on the plane clearly felt the need to jolly us into enjoying the initial stage of our holiday - he repeatedly addressed us as 'Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls' in a Hi de Hi 'aren't we having fun' tone of (loud) voice, admittedly the only way anything could be heard above the screaming, but it did make us feel a little like breaking into a rousing rendition of 'Didn't we have a luvverly time the day we went to Bangor'. Reading? I don't think so. During the very few lulls in the general pandemonium a few of us tried to escape from the carnage by burying ourselves in a chapter or two. Only to be rudely wrenched away by yet another piercing scream from a child (or adult) demanding something else. I've never been so glad to touch down and disembark. Still, look on the bright side - we've definitely learned something. None of us will ever fly with Thomas Cook airlines again!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Vanessa Davis    (UK)

Flight TCX 1134/1135 to and from Gran Canaria. New A320 airbus. Lovely flights both ways attentive cabin crew and updates throughout flights from the Captain. Love the new Ergonomic Seating 31in seat pitch and they cant recline which is more comfortable. Easy to get in/out of for those trips to the loo. Will definitely book again with this Tour Operator!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Linda Bagan    (UK)

Flew return flights between Glasgow and Dalaman Turkey. We booked extra legroom seats both ways. There was a lot of space but in reality we paid £25 per seat each way, only to provide a stopping place for passengers waiting to get into the toilet. On the flight out, the cabin crew actually parked the service trolley in the leg room space and set up a little "stall" to sell their duty free. We were trodden on many times and at one point when the crew left the trolley for a few minutes to deliver some duty free, the heavy trolley started to slide towards our legs! A stewardess just managed to catch it in time. On the way back, someone was sitting in my (£25) seat! It's a row of 3 seats the middle and aisle are Extra Legroom, the window seat isn't as it's partially blocked by the plastic container which houses the emergency evacuation shute. The nearby stewardess simply pointed us towards the available seats - one of which was the cramped window seat. Long story short, we eventually got the seats we'd booked. But it turned out that we were the only schmucks who'd paid for the extra space. The other 4 people had been allocated these seats on check in free of charge. We'll never fly Thomas Cook again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by C Guilford    (UK)

Holiday to Skiathos returning 12th September to East Midlands. The outbound flight was acceptable but the return flight gave a new meaning to cattle class. We were in very cramped seats, my table was broken and the ingrained dirt on the hinges was disgusting. I reported the broken table to one of the cabin crew and was advised to use the table of the empty seat next to me - not sure what would have happened had the seat been occupied. I had to speak to this steward again, and he made it more than clear that I was being annoying - he persistently called me "love" in less than endearing terms. What needs to be remembered is that we have paid a lot of money for the holiday - £1000 of which was for the travel alone, and actually deserve a little more respect. I would challenge the CEO to travel as we have done and be satisfied with the experience. Anyway, we are returning to Skiathos next year and have already booked flights on BA at a fifth of the price of this years travel cost. I think Thomas Cook need to improve drastically before we use them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by G Garmston    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Tenerife, paid for pre booked seats both ways but outbound and inbound aircraft changed so seats were a free for all at check in. Cabin crew were surly and only interested in getting as much food, drink and duty free sold as possible. One was actually eating off the top of the cart as they did drinks service whilst another was overheard to say to a passenger asking for something for his toddler 'I can't I have to do a duty free service, ask later'. Seats were cramped and fixed upright. Entertainment on inbound failed but only after they had sold the headphones. Inflight meal was standard but narrowness of the seat coupled with the obese woman next to me literally required me to eat the whole thing one handed. Overall a clear example of 'cattle class' I would rather holiday at home than subject myself and my family to such a poor unprofessional service again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Chris Johnson    (UK)

We booked a two week package in Turkey through an agent with Thomas Cook (TC). Although the flights were managed by TC they contracted them out to Pegasus Airlines, a Turkish low cost airline. Having read a variety of reviews about Pegasus we didn't know what to expect. You don't get the same pre-flight facilities as with TC, such as online check-in, extra payment for extra legroom seats or an early bag drop the evening before. These facilities are available with direct bookings with Pegasus. Some reviewers have commented on the poor condition of aircraft, but we flew B737-800 in good condition each way. We found the staff to be friendly and courteous, but we had few dealings with them as everything onboard, even water, has to be paid for. There is no entertainment, only drop down screens showing flight progress and data. The outbound flight was OK, but the return form Bodrum was a nightmare. Having been collected from our hotel at 0145, the first of five stops, we went to check in. Only one desk was open, then more staff arrived at 0400. At the scheduled departure time of 0600 we were told of a 30m delay due to a technical fault on the aircraft, then 1h 30m at 0630. At 0730 the delay became 6h, later extended to 10h. The situation then descended into chaos. Our only source of information was the airport departures board until a TC airport rep. appeared. He announced (to those that could hear him) that we would go through immigration to have our passport exit stamps cancelled, collect our luggage then be coached to a local hotel. More queuing and waiting, and we eventually got to the hotel. Before we had time to eat, an update said that we would return to the airport at 1230 for a 1500 departure. That was changed to a 1200 collection for a 1530 flight. Back at the airport we had more queues, for the first security check before check in, then passports and another security check. We finally left ten hours late on a replacement aircraft. That was better than what we were told at one time, that we might not leave until the next day. Whilst the TC airport rep. tried his best, the situation was chaotic. A Turkish TC guide helped to translate and transmit messages, but not everyone could hear what was being said so they had to ask others what was happening. There was no offer of refreshments at the airport, and most people had already spent their Euros or Turkish Lire. Once airborne the flight was a copy of the outbound. A free meal or snack onboard would haven an appropriate gesture but was not provided. We had not eaten a meal since dinner the evening before. We will never book a TC package again that uses Pegasus, and will certainly think carefully before booking a TC package at all. They don't deserve repeat custom.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by J Compton    (UK)

Flew Gatwick to Dalaman and back. Worst flying experience ever, given wrong information before the flight so took baggage to drop off evening before flight to be told not possible so had to drag it all back to the hotel, no management at all on ground at Gatwick, spoke to an agent acting for the airline who said she would go and get information, after an hours wait she had still not returned so gave up. Witnessed many other disgruntled passengers, all having their hand luggage weighed and charged excess if more than 5 kgs (small bag with SLR camera plus iPad not far off 5kgs before anything else packed) Paid extra for extra legroom seats, very uncomfortable, flight crew appeared very unhappy with no interest in passengers needs or comfort, to crown it all over 2 hour wait for luggage on return to Gatwick.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 September 2014 by M Brimble    (UK)

Booked a single flight from Antalya back to Gatwick as we'd been travelling around in Turkey. After the initial confusion when checking in of finding out that there was no luggage included in the ticket price, the remainder of check was quite smooth right through to getting to the gate. Once at the gate their system, if in fact they have one, fell apart. Despite seats being allocated it was a virtual bun-fight to get on the plane. This would appear to be seasoned Thomas Cook travelers (poor souls) knowing that there is inadequate hand luggage storage, particularly when nearly everyone has at least 2 bags and duty free. At 6ft tall I don't expect leg room to be huge on this type of airline, but my goodness, the pitch on these seats was tiny. Almost instantly the domino effect of reclining seats forced everyone to attempt to regain the lost 3 inches of space to avoid chewing on the seat in front for the whole journey. Loading passengers on had been left so late that we were moving before everyone was settled. A half-hearted attempt to carry out a safety demonstration was totally ignored. Then during the thorough (lack lustre) inspection by cabin crew, the couple in front of us were calling their friends during take-off whilst a man opposite watched a film on his laptop. However the cabin crew seemed a lot more on the ball in their attempts to sell us headphone adapters so we could watch the film on the roof mounted screen which was about 15 feet away. Whilst I am not expecting to get the level of service from a larger airline, this was without doubt the worst flying experience of my life. Other "budget" airlines have massively upped their game and unless Thomas Cook follow suit they can't hope to keep any customers. Now wishing I could have stayed a little longer and flown home with Turkish Airlines, who set the bar so much higher taking us out there.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Lynne Brown    (UK)

Flew to Dalaman Turkey, flights were on time, pleasant crew, captain was informative. Food very good, would have no problem flying with Thomas Cook again. Only negative was the low baggage allowance compared to other airlines.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 September 2014 by R Barrigan    (UK)

STN-MAH-STN first time on a charter airline for a couple of years and can see why. We were on an airbus A321 and talk about claustrophobic! the back of the seat in front of you was practically in your face and you didn't even have the room to read a tabloid newspaper! Mercifully it was only a two hour flight and flew by so to speak. Crew out were very good and on the way back the same if some what over familiar with certain passengers. Ok for a short hop but would not be happy with anything over two hours.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by A Bennett    (UK)

Booked a package holiday and flew from London Gatwick to Zakynthos (Zante). The flight out was good, friendly staff but no entertainment. No reps to greet us at the airport. The flight back to Gatwick was a different story. At Zante airport an announcement came over the tannoy saying that all those in seat rows 1 to 29 to board at the front of the plane and the rest to the back of the plane. We were in row 29, therefore obviously we would board at the front of the plane. When we walked in to the plane we got greeted by an unhappy air hostess who told me off for boarding the wrong end of the plane even though this was what we were told. This made us feel very unwelcome onboard. After take off we waited a very long time before drinks and snacks were bought round. They then said we could all fill out a questionnaire regarding Thomas Cook. The air hostess started distributing these but when she got to about row 28 she just walked straight past and ignored the fact that I would have liked to complete one. She seemed stressed and far from happy and lacked customer service. I asked one of the other air hostess's if I could have a questionnaire to complete and she was more than happy to get me one and apologised. The unhappy air hostess then came round collecting rubbish but once again missed us out, so we sat for the rest of the trip with cups and wrappers on our tables. There was definitely very much a lack of customer service and polite attitude from one of the air hostesses which you don't really expect when you are a customer. I appreciate everyone has an off day, but you still have to be polite to others especially in this kind of work.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Colin Pay    (UK)

Gatwick-Kalamata return on B757. Both flights full and on time. Crew very good. Seat pitch a bit tight as are all charter flights. This was compensated by the seats having a very small recline, cutting out the seatback in your face as soon as the wheels are up situation. We took our own food and drink so no requirement to purchase on board. These flights were part of a villa package so no choice off carrier but compared very well with other charter airlines we have flown with.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by R Cordiner    (UK)

Just returned from a trip to Dalaman, Turkey. This is the first time I've travelled with Thomas Cook Airlines. The staff were helpful and friendly and the service was excellent. The captain kept us informed throughout the journey. Check-in and loading were very quick and efficient. The seats were a bit narrow and not masses of leg room but satisfactory for a 4 hour flight - on a 757. Will certainly book with Thomas Cook Airlines again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Jean Hinton    (UK)

TCX 412 from Gatwick to Cancun on 4th September 2014†and return flight was TCX 413 from Cancun to Gatwick on 18th September 2014. We flew 4th September premium upgrade and were very disappointed. We have flown with First Choice and Thomson for years and have upgraded to premium every time. You get treated really well, priority boarding, inflight drinks, free headphones, pre-flight drink whilst waiting for the plane to takeoff, newspapers and a whole lot more. I was not aware that with Thomas Cook you only get a wider seat and extra leg room which is a disgrace and I will not fly with them again!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by G Lyall    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Cancun. Great flight with really nice meal. Cabin crew were very friendly and helpful. Their job was not helped by a passenger who thought he would be the "hard man" and start swearing over something insignificant. Well done to the girl for keeping her cool. Seat width is a bit tight but who cares, the end destination is the goal - just put up with the flight!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  11 September 2014 by Terry Phil    (UK)

My family and I flew from Manchester on TCX472 on the 2nd of August with Thomas Cook to Orlando MCO for the first time. We've previously flown to the same location with Virgin. We tried booking with them again but the price had really increased from the last time we flew in 2011. Thomas Cooks price was practically the same as I paid in 2011, even with two of us having extra legroom as an option! OK, the TC price didn't include food and entertainment but even taking that into account we still were £500 better off. I did worry a little when I looked at the mixed reviews. I've only flown the premier carriers before like BA and Virgin so expected the worse! I needn't have! Despite airport security being really bad at each ends the flight in between was really good. The reviews go on about the seats being hard and cramped but I found them acceptable. I'm a big guy and I coped. Sitting down in most seats for over 9 hours is uncomfortable. My family sat in the standard seats and my brother and I sat in ones with extra legroom. After our last time to MCO on a Virgin jumbo we thought the idea of alternating was worth the extra money but nobody needed to move, they found the standard legroom ok. The flight crew were excellent. They were attentive and very approachable. I noticed that one of the stewardesses made a real effort to keep the families with little children comfortable which made all the difference. They also came around regularly and took away rubbish. Last time I flew to Orlando with Virgin I literally had to wade through empty bottles, papers and magazines to get off! We opted not to have the food because to be frank I don't like eating with knives and forks in cramped conditions so bought sandwiches and drinks at the airport. The entertainment was ok, even though you have to pay for the head sets and movies! The highlight of the trip was when we landed at Orlando. We spent 100 minutes going through US immigration but I felt sorry for the Virgin passengers who were behind us! Nice one Thomas Cook! All in all I would rank them better value for money than Virgin based on my trip. We will fly with them again!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by A Hodder    (Spain)

I travelled late August 2014 on Flight TCX 724 Manchester to Las Vegas and was apprehensive about the flight having read no many negative reviews beforehand. It seems to me that your luck is down to the aircraft you fly on. The Premium cabin extra legroom is definitely worth it as we travelled back with Virgin en Economy which was far worse. All the complaints seem to be petty (films on loops, no free drinks, person in front reclined seat). We really enjoyed the flight and glad I did my research before hand and was prepared with my own drinks and my own films on tablet. Not difficult really. Food was excellent but I'm sure James Martin did not prepare it himself as it seems some of the reviewers wanted! Cabin crew where helpful and polite and no different to Virgin Staff. Word of warning on hand luggage - 6 Kgs only so make use of the 23 Kgs in the hold. Overall I say "hats off" to Thomas Cook for offering an alternative to Virgin with no frills and making everything very clear on their website including the information on cost for drinks. I will certainly be paying half price compared to Virgin and fly with TC again. I understand that next year the food will be included in the ticket price and some beverages. I just hope they don't hike the prices up!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Lucas Gregersen    (Sweden)

We flew from ARN-AYT and back, this was Thomas Cook Scandinavia airlines it was an A330 very hard seats, no flight entertainment just some poor movie on the ceiling screens. However, we liked the food and the staff service was really nice, they were so friendly.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Michelle Scully    (UK)

Booked holiday to Vegas in January 2014. Specifically requested at Thomas Cook travel agents that we wanted to fly with Virgin. Told by the agent who handled our booking that Virgin no longer flew Manchester to Vegas, but that Thomas Cook was "just as good". This is incorrect. Virgin DO fly Manchester/Vegas, which unfortunately we only found out just before we departed for Vegas. We paid for upgraded premium seats. Wish we hadn't bothered. James Martin food was okay. Seats shabby and not particularly comfortable, especially on a 10 hour plus flight. In-flight TV/video poor to say the least. Bad selection of videos (unless re-runs of George and Mildred are your thing). To say we are unhappy is an understatement. Will never book through or fly with TC again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by J Dean    (UK)

Flew Dalaman to Gatwick, Well I say flew, I felt more like I was the piston in an engine being rammed into the tiny space they call a seat. I believe Thomas Cook have come across a material harder than diamond and they make their seats out of it; comfort is something you'll definitely be sacrificing if you choose to use this airline. You'll also find the cabin crew are more interested in attempting to solicit money from your wallet for scratch cards and other 'duty free' products at 600% RRP. If you weigh anything more than 4 stone or you're taller than a garden gnome I'd avoid travelling with Thomas Cook, that is unless your intention is to become a paraplegic. Why their seats still recline I've no idea, I made the unfortunate choice of booking the seats behind the extra leg room seats as I'd missed out on the extra leg room ones. The giant who sat in front of me immediately reclined his seat back into what was left of my knee caps once we'd taken off. So I had to put my knees either side of his seat leading to much discomfort. I will never make the mistake of flying Thomas Cook again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Tony Hess    (UK)

Having read so many negative comments on various websites about how awful Thos Cook Airlines are, I thought it only right to compliment them on a superb return flight from Gatwick to Antalya. Cabin crew were excellent. Food superb. Seats comfortable. And both flights on time. I have flown with a number of different airlines. My first time flying with Thos Cook and nothing but praise.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by C Peacocke    (UK)

Flew Thomas Cook from Glasgow to Lanzarote, 14/8/14 to 21/8/14. After reading some reviews I was a bit worried but shouldn't have been. No real issue at all. Flight out was a little late but nothing major. Plane was clean and cabin crew very polite. I'm 6'3 so was worried about leg room in a Standard seat but, although not great, I was by no means uncomfortable. I got up to stretch my legs twice and I was fine. The meals were great. Either Beef or Chicken, both lovely and Pasta as a kids meal which my son loved. On the return we were on time and made up 30 minutes coming home. This was a night flight and I was told Thomas Cook no longer do blankets on board. All money saving I suppose. Again the meals home were great. A Chicken Curry or Beef in Red Wine sauce. I ate my sons meal of Chicken Strips as he was asleep, best out the three. Thomas Cook are all about money. Everything costs. Food and drink is not cheap but you have the option of buying in the airport so I don't know why people complain so much as they know what to expect. Headsets, headphone adapters etc it all costs but what do you expect? I don't understand anyone who would book through a low costs holiday firm and expect everything to be handed out free. Cheap airlines charging for these things is not new. If you want it all free, book a Virgin airline but I bet it will cost you more for the flight overall with them. My only issue is that we did not have Thomas Cook representative on our transfer to the hotel. Simply told which stop to get off. The only negative aspect of the experience.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by G McCormick    (UK)

Flew Manchester to Orlando International late July. Have travelled many times with Thomas Cook and have always been satisfied. We booked the rear seats of the plane which have a larger aisle space and not as cramped. The seat pitch is more than Virgin and BA , newly refitted planes with good seat back TV's. Excellent cabin crew on both outbound/inbound flights, meals good. Will fly again with them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Jackie Pirini    (UK)

Having read all the reviews I was a little apprehensive about flying with Thomas Cook to Cuba this month. However, I had nothing to worry about. We flew Premium and it was well worth the money - plenty of space, leg room and the extra seat recline was perfect. Both the outbound and return flights were on time and a pillow and blanket was provided for the return which was an overnight flight. The staff were excellent - very friendly, polite and professional. We had to divert to Bermuda on the return as a passenger took ill and the staff remained calm, were very supportive and the captain kept us all informed of what was happening. The food was good and better than some other airlines I've flown. In summary, I wouldn't hesitate to flying premium economy with Thomas Cook long haul again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Z Levenson    (UK)

Flew out from Gatwick to Tenerife South on 16th August 2014, check in wasn't too bad and the plane was quite modern. TC's seat configuration on there 757's can make leg room very tight and squashed. There was TV's on this plane. They played a decent movie and programmes but the TV was so small and the picture quality was so bad it was very difficult to watch. Landed earlier than scheduled. Baggage claim took forever. After a 10 day holiday in Tenerife we flew black on 26th August 2014. This flight was definitely not as good as the one out. As we boarded the plane we were greeted by extremely rude staff who told us the seats that we had reserved and paid extra money for had to be given to someone else on medical terms which I understand but not only did they give us bad seats they also split us up. We were all given extra leg room seats but one of them was away from the family while the rest of us had to sit in the extra leg room seats next to the toilet and the place where they prepare their disgusting onboard food. The very rude staff who had no concern for passenger welfare thought giving us a free drink each would make up for this which it did not. There was no TV on this flight because it was 10 mins shorter than the one going out. I was very relived when we landed early at Gatwick. Because of this incident I don't think I'll fly with Thomas Cook again, Easyjet, Thomson or Monarch would be better options.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Watson Kim    (UK)

We flew the beginning of last year to Austria from Manchester. Flight was great but for long haul flights would not use them as last summer we went to Mexico and on the way back just as we got to sleep lights went on for them to sell drinks. Why do they do this on night flights. They should have a designated area where people can purchase drinks rather than waking everyone up every hour.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by A Schiller    (UK)

Flew 5th Aug, Newcastle to Turkey, the plane was horrendous, seats didn't even recline, my husband and I were squashed in our seats with the tray down could hardly move arms to eat the food - and we are average build god help the really overweight people. The food was disgusting, I can't believe James Martin puts his name to this, both ways we were given breakfast, a tomato that had disintegrated, scrambled tasteless egg, stringy bacon and an ok sausage. I will never pay for airline meals again after this experience. On return we paid £17.50 each for extra leg room at check in, given our boarding passes then told to go and pay elsewhere. Went to pay to be told Thomas Cook don't accept payment by card! We had no cash so my husband had to go back out of the airport to go to cash-point then had to come back through all security again, had to wait in horrendous queues too. Terrible service and I doubt very much I will travel with Thomas Cook again!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Annie Crest    (UK)

I flew with Thomas Cook for my holiday to Corfu, which was a 2 hour 45 minute flight, so not too bad. Now being 6ft 1, which is over average height for a girl, I knew that I would be a little uncomfortable with legroom so I wasn't expecting anything amazing, but I was expecting a little more than what I got. I literally had my knees pressed so hard against the seat in front I couldn't move at all once I had sat down, and had to rest them across my mothers lap because sticking them out in the aisle meant I was in everyone's way. I understand Economy doesn't have masses of leg room but this is ridiculous. This had the least leg room of all the companies planes I have been on, and I have been in a 757 before so I know that there is more room for legs than that. The staff however were lovely. The nicest people ever, they were the only thing that made the trip bearable!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by E Ashington    (UK)

We flew from Birmingham to Turkey and returned 10 days later. On the way out headphones and starbucks coffee had not been put onboard. As a coffee drinker I was disappointed but would have accepted the coffee that goes with the meal if offered but nothing was suggested as an alternative. To help people with infight entertainment without headphones they decided to play the family movie, but you could barely see it and it was so quiet it was a pointless attempt to please people. The flights/planes overall are dated and uncomfortable. My husband is over 6ft and we travel with three children making it difficult to get extra leg room seats, which are often fully booked. The leg room is so poor that you feel that you can't recline your seat which is difficult when flying over night and everyone is tired. The staff overall were pleasant but not overly helpful, just doing their jobs. I've flown many times and this was one of the worst companies I've flown with.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by J Hiscott    (UK)

Booked with James Villas flights included, on receipt of e-ticket, nothing advising you to check in online prior to arriving at airport, started my holiday eleven rows behind my husband. I am a nervous flyer and found this distressing. On return flight from Fuerteventura, we were called to the gate and then left standing for over half an hour with no explanation as to why, eventually boarded the plane, I am 5'4 I had the seat in front of me right up against my knees but not as bad as later when seatbelt sign went off. The chap in front reclined his seat which came back so far, my knees were crushed, I couldn't have eaten a meal if I'd wanted to as the tray couldn't come down. If I had needed to get my lifejacket from under the seat I would have drowned, as this would have been physically impossible to do. I feel as a paying customer, we are not getting the service deserved and will endeavour never to fly with this airline again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by C Porter    (UK)

My partner and I travelled from MAN to Punta Cana, 19/7/14. We flew economy outbound and the flight itself was good, very smooth and on time and the service was avarage. The entertainment was very poor with limited film selection, no musi cand just some old radio recordings. On our return flight we were offered a flight upgrade for £100 which I thought was good value for money and the seat pitch is bigger but this is where the premium upgrade ends. You have to pay for earphones and the poor entertainment is exactly the same, no free drinks and same food menu. If you think that paying for a slightly larger seat is worth the money that is fine, but Thomas Cook should not advertise this as a premium service.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by P Jeffrey    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Kalamata Greece on 20/7/14 and return a week later. Booked extra leg seats on row 31 for the three of us. Both flights were on 767-300 aircraft and were excellent. Both on time. Comfortable (I'm a big boned 6'3") and the food was absolutely fine, they even got my gluten free option right on both flights without being prompted. Cabin crew were professional and helpful both flights. I am really pleased to be able to redress the balance here because to be honest with all the negativity on some of the reviews here we had some trepidation about our holiday flight which proved totally unfounded.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Jay Murray    (UK)

Manchester to Las Vegas, 11 July. Paid extra for premium cabin thinking it would be a superior service with superior seats - how wrong I was. The seats, although slightly wider than economy didn't have a great deal extra leg room and were so old that they has no padding in them. I don't think the cabin had been refurbished since the aircraft was new. It was very shabby, the monitor in the seat back was scratched and the quality of the picture was poor. Outbound the crew were very pleasant - not so on the return - the senior crew member spoke to a passenger in front of others in a disgusting manner - a quiet word would have sufficed. The food by James Martin, to be fair was very good - if only it had not been overcooked and dried out. We arrived in Vegas and although our bags were labelled 'priority' they didn't arrive first and on the way back they weren't labelled 'priority' and arrived 40 minutes after landing. On our return from Vegas - no priority boarding until somebody complained Basically you receive nothing extra apart from slightly wider seats for paying the extra to upgrade. Not cheap and very poor - next time will travel Virgin - even their economy service is better than this.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by G Fisken    (UK)

Having booked a package from Glasgow to Orlando and later reading reviews about the flight I was slightly nervous re what to expect. However we found the flights and service excellent. My son decided at the last minute that he didn't want to get on the plane and I have to say the airlines staff were fantastic (not the gate staff though). Not only did they help get him on the plane they reassured me, had a special announcement made for him and when the flight was in the air the pilot came out to see how he was. Glad to say he was fine once we were in the air! The meals were all included in our package so we just had to buy drinks. I was ok with this given to fly with Virgin with drinks included was an extra £2000! The meals were really nice and the flight was on time. Inflight entertainment was ok-I have seen better but this would not stop me flying with them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by J Castleford    (UK)

1 Aug 2014 night flight from Birmingham to Burgas, Bulgaria. I regularly fly across Europe and this was the worst flight I have experienced. The airplane departure was delayed due to a small "technical fault" but no further information was forthcoming. Although I paid £10 to choose my seat it was very cramped, with no leg room (I am 5'5"). The cabin crew were surly to the point of being rude, the "meal" was a disgrace, which I'm glad I didn't have: the passenger next to me paid £8.50 for a single small serving of a very basic meal with no dessert or any other accompaniment and a tea or coffee. The seat was lumpy and very uncomfortable and had not been cleaned. I am aware that this was the cheapest flight for the date I travelled but I do expect a basic level of care to be met. This most certainly did not!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by J Williamson    (UK)

Flew Thomas Cook from Glasgow to Antalya and back and I have to say the flights were disappointing. The seats were okay but the leg room was a disgrace. It was a night time flight back and I found difficult to sleep as my legs kept cramping up. The cabin crew were friendly and helpful but the food wasn't great. The inflight film, Fast & Furious, didn't get finished and was constantly interrupted. In conclusion, I would not recommend Thomas Cook Airlines.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Steve Marsh    (UK)

Used this airline Manchester to Orlando as 10 members of same family were travelling together and this was the only option. In hindsight, we would have rather split up to different airlines than use Thomas Cook. The only part of the flight that I can say was excellent was the leg room. Everything else from the agony of the rock hard seats, the miserable staff, having to pay for everything onboard (even a cup of tea or coffee) to the paltry entertainment package was shocking and below standard. This was a scheduled flight and not a package and on the 20+ transatlantic flights we have had I have never paid for drinks - this was a first. You get a few items to watch on the screen, nothing to get exited about but if you want more films or a better content, yes you've guessed it you pay extra. You even have to pay £20/person extra for the meals. There is no individual air con and the aircraft was so warm all the way back. I mentioned it to the cabin staff but was totally ignored. I would say that this is the EasyJet or Ryanair airline of the transatlantic route.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Marilyn Laurence    (UK)

I recently travelled to Cuba in a group of 32 - although all booked at same time our seats were throughout the plane both times - I was told each time I could get a special meal - none available. On flight home stewardess was rude when asked if I could have the child's meal as no snacks available at Cuba airport to take on board - she then blanked me for rest of journey. Drinks and food expensive - lights would not go out on home flight - overnight which meant - arrived exhausted and hungry.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by C Pattenden    (UK)

My daughter and I just came back from Djerba, Tunisia. We had booked an all inclusive holiday, thinking it would be easier and stress free for once. How wrong can you be! We arrived at Gatwick on 11th July at 3pm for a flight due to leave at 5.20pm to be told at check-in that it was delayed by over 6 hours! We were given £15 each towards food and drink, and as everybody will know, that didn't go very far at the airport. On the plane, they tried to convince us to buy bottles of water telling us it would be too late to get anything from the hotel - this was not the case. We finally got to our hotel room around 4 in the morning. The Rep wasn't particularly apologetic for the delay. On departure day, 18th July, we were picked up at 6.55pm and told our flight was delayed by an hour. This seemed ok after the dreadful start the week before. We got to the airport, was left in a queue by the Rep who wished us all a good trip back. After around an hour in the queue without much happening, somebody came back to say that our flight was now delayed until the next afternoon. The Rep should have known this and not taken us away from the hotel. At this point, it was chaos, the Rep didn't reappear until around 9.15pm and despite everyone asking him for information, he didn't seem to know much and was very slow to sort transport back to the hotel. We finally made it to our hotel around 10.40pm, nearly 4 hours after leaving for no reason. We were picked up again to go to the airport for a second time at 10am the next morning and the flight was delayed even more - instead of leaving at 1.10pm we finally took off at 2.50pm. The plane itself seemed to be very old, the seats were uncomfortable with no leg room. While on the tarmac, water was dripping from the ceiling due to the heat outside apparently! On arrival rows 1-10 were asked to stay seated as the plane might tip forward if everyone get up at the same time. The staff on the plane tried their best to be helpful but I would never fly with Thomas Cook airlines and I will never again book a holiday with Thomas Cook.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by S Goddard    (UK)

TCX718 Manchester to Orlando 9th July 2014 on A330, G-MLJL. We were a party of five all booked in economy, we decided before hand to book our seats online as the extra cost allowed us to be guaranteed seats together. We boarded on time but were delayed "on stand" for around thirty minutes, no explanation of this slight delay was given however our flight still arrived early at Orlando but more on this later. The aircraft itself was quite old and the cabin was tired and in need of renovation. We were sitting in row 12 and seat 12G would not stay in the upright position we asked a member of the cabin crew if they could help in any way and two of our party were upgraded to premium economy straight away. The seat pitch in economy was fine with plenty of leg room but they were not very wide with no room at all for movement. The entertainment selection was good but the system is dated and not all screens and audio outlets worked correctly with some not working at all. The flight crew were professional, polite and attentive. They did not try to sell us things other than the normal duty free stuff. The food was prepared well and was a little better than average but not to the taste of everyone in the party so the pre packed sandwiches came in handy. Orlando airport were not prepared for our arrival and were late connection the air ridge to the aircraft and they did not unlock the door at the exit point prior to letting passengers off the aircraft. We would use this airline again but the aircraft would need to be refurbished.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Paul Todd    (UK)

Flew on June 4th from Manchester to Tunisia on a 767, had to say was impressed with new design seats, which offer much more leg room (I'm 6'2"). Meals delicious and entertainment was good. Pre-booked seats and used fast track at security in Manchester. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by N James    (UK)

Flew from Glasgow to Turkey and paid £10 to have bags off plane first but they were last so claiming that money back! On return flight the aircraft had cold air blasting in and passengers were really cold. One of the flight attendants were walking past me and when I said "excuse me" to catch her attention she stopped walking with a look on her face and turned with almost a sarcastic smile as if I was bothering her when all I wanted to ask was if I could have a blanket as me and my son were cold - but she said they don't carry blankets. Not really a brilliant service to be honest.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by E Cholerton    (UK)

Flew Manchester to Las Vegas in June 2014. I paid extra for premium economy to have that extra bit of room. Premium is quite expensive for saying you don't get food or drinks included (I booked the flight only not a package and they charge you £44 if you want meals for 2 people). The flight itself was OK but the entertainment was bad - the films were rubbish and on a continuous loop. The films advertised on the inbound flight had been changed. It seemed that many people that had booked premium hadn't been told by their travel agent that drinks weren't included. The cabin crew going out were really good and friendly but the crew on the inbound flight were just rude and miserable. We checked in the night before at Manchester and had to pay £5 each, I think if you're paying the extra for premium you shouldn't have to pay for this. Drinks and food should also be included. We flew with Thomas Cook a few years ago when premium actually meant premium and it was a lot better then.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Poynter Laura    (UK)

Arrived at Gatwick at 02.30, we waited around at the check-in desks for about half an hour, put our bags through and showed the man our passports, he told us our flight was delayed until 10.4. After an agonising 6 hours we were allowed to go to the gates, this was an experience in itself! We arrived at the gates and there were people everywhere. The women at the desk were so rude and were not giving us any information whatsoever. 40 minutes later we finally boarded the plane. The plane had flown in from Switzerland so we were unable to understand the crew, pilot, safety sheets, catalogues, I believe 2 members of Thomas Cook staff were on board. Arriving at the airport the other side - easy! Arriving back at the airport the other end, the boarding gate on our ticket was different to the gate we were supposed to be at. We had to run to our gate, typically it was over the other side of the airport! We boarded the plane no problem but had another delay and sat on the runway for an hour in the boiling hot weather. To this day we've had no apology.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by S Bradley    (UK)

Dalaman to Manchester, seat 19a. No legroom whatsoever. I felt so cramped I nearly had a panic attack and it's not something that's happened previously. Lots of passengers saying the same. I won't be flying with them again, easyjet and Ryanair much better.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by C Miller    (UK)

Disgusting service. Had a 9.5 hour flight to UK from Vegas and were given one glass of water complimentary for the whole duration. Everything else you had to pay for unless you had booked a package holiday which included food and drinks. Staff were extremely rude and incompetent. My boyfriend and I were given seats miles apart. When we questioned this at the gate we were told there were no other seats and there was nothing they could do (even after I had told them how difficult I find flying alone). The lady said they had seated us as close as possible but when we got on the flight there was a row completely empty which we eventually got moved to when we asked again. Entertainment system was broken for most of our flight and when it did work it the quality was awful. Seats were uncomfy, the blankets and pillows smelt horrible and there was dirt down the side of the wall. We were charged to use headphones, adapters and even our credit card. Next time I will pay the extra flight money for some decent service.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by R Lowe    (UK)

Flew direct to Las Vegas from Manchester, 20/6/14. Flight slightly delayed but even after due departure time the board stated "on time". On long haul flights cabin gets cold so on any other airline pillows and blankets supplied as standard but they only seemed to have a dozen which were all claimed before take off leaving some people cold for 10+hr flight. Charge for head sets to use their entertainment system and can't really use your own as requires a 2 pin adapter! Drinks overly priced (which I didn't know weren't included) meal standard plane stuff. Just seemed to want money from you at all times be it duty free, scratch cards, drinks, food, headsets, charity bag etc. Now I know I was going to Las Vegas but this is my 11th trip there but 1st time with Thomas Cook and I've never had this type of experience before but flight was full of noisy drunken stag groups who hadn't booked seats together so were gathered in groups in the aisles, personally I felt the cabin crew should have refused alcohol to some they were that drunk but they didn't because they just want money from you. Return flight pretty much the same except blankets were provided to everyone and stag groups had worn themselves out so most we're sleeping so was much quieter.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by P Lyons    (UK)

Manchester to Dominican Republic and return. We recently visited the Dominican Republic for a 2 week all inclusive holiday. The holiday was great. The flight seats and leg room were adequate. However, the food was dreadful. James Martin should be dismissed! I requested a special dietary meal, gluten free because I have coeliac disease. Gluten free food is not particularly nice as its quite dry so care has to be taken to choose something appealing. I was given a fairly decent hot meal on the outbound journey but why oh why does James think we just want fruit as a dessert when everyone else was getting a very nice sponge type dessert? The 'breakfast' later in the flight consisted of a yoghurt and a piece of fruit. There was a bread roll but it was very dry and very brown. The return journey was no better but because the flight attendants didn't get the food out quick enough, my very dry rice and extremely dry chicken was too awful to eat. I had the obligatory piece of fruit for dessert and then the breakfast was the same as on the outbound flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by A Unsworth    (UK)

Manchester to Heraklion, Crete and back. Heraklion is not a comfortable airport and you will be lucky to find seats in the waiting area. One poor old woman was sick while she was waiting and nobody came to clean it up in the remaining time I waited before boarding (about 20 minutes). I had paid an extra £34 for seats with more leg room on the return journey. It was a flight arriving about 12.30am (which would equate to 2.30am Greek time that we would be accustomed to). I was working the next day and hoped to get some sleep. I might as well have saved my money as the seats were the most uncomfortable I have ever been in. They were almost vertical and offered no option to recline. The staff did their job - no friendly smiles or comments. The pilot sounded like he may have some interesting comments on the journey but we couldn't make out what he was saying. We love Crete but would avoid this airline if at all possible.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Michael Weir    (UK)

TCX 1052/53 from Gatwick to Enfidha on TC A320 - seats were alright, not much legroom but it was adequate, if you sit in the first two rows, be aware, you will not have an overhead bin. The overhead bin is used for safety equipment and you can't put it under your seat as some one else has already put theirs there! No inflight entertainment, cabin crew were extremely rude on the way back, the crew refused to put this lady's sick bag in the bin because apparently it is again health and safety law? Me being the nice person I am, I went and put it in the bin in the toilet for her as she had a broken leg and was unable to do this herself. I gave a glare to the cabin crew, only to receive a tut from them. Food was ok but not worth paying for. Highlight of the flight was when we landed back at Gatwick, the cabin crew said the usual 'thank you for flying Thomas Cook we hope to see you again in the future' and then everyone in the plane shouted together 'As If.'

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by S Moloney    (UK)

The plane was pre-historic. I travelled from Gatwick to Cancun. The seats, torn, worn, with grubby food down the sides of them. Made to pay £2.75 for a headset, when the entertainment system did not work for 10.5 entire hours and for this one measly complimentary drink was offered! The staff were rude, and when I asked for a glass of water, I was told to go to the back and help myself. The aircraft felt like Antarctica, and when I was given a blanket after an hour, it was covered in hair. I struggle to understand an entertainment system that works with 8mm tapes, as we are in 2014, and one where the films start every two hour. The service given by the staff is appalling. I will never fly with Thomas Cook.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Ian Tilbury    (UK)

We flew LGW-HOG, Cuba. The A330-200 chartered was pretty shameful to be honest. The easiest way to describe Thomas cook is a long haul Ryanair. Beverages and snacks onboard are outrageously overpriced (2 small beers at £8) and the crew as miserable as possible. IFE on a loop with 2 films and a couple of TV shows. The cleanest aspect of the aircraft was the toilets. On a good note, legroom pretty plentiful. Premium cabin only had another 2" of leg room at 38". All food, beverages and headsets are not included in the premium cabin price.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Ben Taylor    (UK)

My experience was terrible with Thomas Cook. We were flying to Las Vegas which on the way there is a 10.5 hr flight. The entertainment system wasn't working on the way there and I tell you it is not easy to entertain yourself for that long on a plane. They hand out what can only be described as a few pieces of tracing paper as a pillow so comfort obviously is there main concern. The flight attendants were clearly stressed as you can imagine their job will get harder with a plane full people with nothing to do but tried their best. On the way back only 3 channels on the entertainment system had sound. As well as the same comfort problems as on the way there the flight attendants where very rude and not interested in doing there job. One lady asked for some water and was told to get it herself which is when my jaw hit the floor. overall it was terrible they should stick to short haul or make big changes.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Peter Dyer    (UK)

Arrived at Luton airport for our 07.00 flight to Zakynthos at 04.45 to find all Monarch flights which were being used by Manos/Thomas Cook to fly us to Zakynthos had only 4 check ins open for all flights to all destinations. It took over 3 hours for us to check our bags in and thus our flight was over an hour late departing. When we arrived at Zakynthos one of our bags was missing. We were told our luggage was still at Luton and would be flown out the next day. The Thomas Cook rep told me it had been sent to Amsterdam and would arrive later that day. After waiting for the luggage to arrive and it not being on the flight I again was abruptly told it had been flown to Athens. The bag did finally arrive that night but our first 3 days of holiday was ruined by waiting around so many times after being given false information.