Thomas Cook Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by S Goddard    (UK)

TCX718 Manchester to Orlando 9th July 2014 on A330, G-MLJL. We were a party of five all booked in economy, we decided before hand to book our seats online as the extra cost allowed us to be guaranteed seats together. We boarded on time but were delayed "on stand" for around thirty minutes, no explanation of this slight delay was given however our flight still arrived early at Orlando but more on this later. The aircraft itself was quite old and the cabin was tired and in need of renovation. We were sitting in row 12 and seat 12G would not stay in the upright position we asked a member of the cabin crew if they could help in any way and two of our party were upgraded to premium economy straight away. The seat pitch in economy was fine with plenty of leg room but they were not very wide with no room at all for movement. The entertainment selection was good but the system is dated and not all screens and audio outlets worked correctly with some not working at all. The flight crew were professional, polite and attentive. They did not try to sell us things other than the normal duty free stuff. The food was prepared well and was a little better than average but not to the taste of everyone in the party so the pre packed sandwiches came in handy. Orlando airport were not prepared for our arrival and were late connection the air ridge to the aircraft and they did not unlock the door at the exit point prior to letting passengers off the aircraft. We would use this airline again but the aircraft would need to be refurbished.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Paul Todd    (UK)

Flew on June 4th from Manchester to Tunisia on a 767, had to say was impressed with new design seats, which offer much more leg room (I'm 6'2"). Meals delicious and entertainment was good. Pre-booked seats and used fast track at security in Manchester. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by N James    (UK)

Flew from Glasgow to Turkey and paid 10 to have bags off plane first but they were last so claiming that money back! On return flight the aircraft had cold air blasting in and passengers were really cold. One of the flight attendants were walking past me and when I said "excuse me" to catch her attention she stopped walking with a look on her face and turned with almost a sarcastic smile as if I was bothering her when all I wanted to ask was if I could have a blanket as me and my son were cold - but she said they don't carry blankets. Not really a brilliant service to be honest.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by E Cholerton    (UK)

Flew Manchester to Las Vegas in June 2014. I paid extra for premium economy to have that extra bit of room. Premium is quite expensive for saying you don't get food or drinks included (I booked the flight only not a package and they charge you 44 if you want meals for 2 people). The flight itself was OK but the entertainment was bad - the films were rubbish and on a continuous loop. The films advertised on the inbound flight had been changed. It seemed that many people that had booked premium hadn't been told by their travel agent that drinks weren't included. The cabin crew going out were really good and friendly but the crew on the inbound flight were just rude and miserable. We checked in the night before at Manchester and had to pay 5 each, I think if you're paying the extra for premium you shouldn't have to pay for this. Drinks and food should also be included. We flew with Thomas Cook a few years ago when premium actually meant premium and it was a lot better then.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Poynter Laura    (UK)

Arrived at Gatwick at 02.30, we waited around at the check-in desks for about half an hour, put our bags through and showed the man our passports, he told us our flight was delayed until 10.4. After an agonising 6 hours we were allowed to go to the gates, this was an experience in itself! We arrived at the gates and there were people everywhere. The women at the desk were so rude and were not giving us any information whatsoever. 40 minutes later we finally boarded the plane. The plane had flown in from Switzerland so we were unable to understand the crew, pilot, safety sheets, catalogues, I believe 2 members of Thomas Cook staff were on board. Arriving at the airport the other side - easy! Arriving back at the airport the other end, the boarding gate on our ticket was different to the gate we were supposed to be at. We had to run to our gate, typically it was over the other side of the airport! We boarded the plane no problem but had another delay and sat on the runway for an hour in the boiling hot weather. To this day we've had no apology.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by S Bradley    (UK)

Dalaman to Manchester, seat 19a. No legroom whatsoever. I felt so cramped I nearly had a panic attack and it's not something that's happened previously. Lots of passengers saying the same. I won't be flying with them again, easyjet and Ryanair much better.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by C Miller    (UK)

Disgusting service. Had a 9.5 hour flight to UK from Vegas and were given one glass of water complimentary for the whole duration. Everything else you had to pay for unless you had booked a package holiday which included food and drinks. Staff were extremely rude and incompetent. My boyfriend and I were given seats miles apart. When we questioned this at the gate we were told there were no other seats and there was nothing they could do (even after I had told them how difficult I find flying alone). The lady said they had seated us as close as possible but when we got on the flight there was a row completely empty which we eventually got moved to when we asked again. Entertainment system was broken for most of our flight and when it did work it the quality was awful. Seats were uncomfy, the blankets and pillows smelt horrible and there was dirt down the side of the wall. We were charged to use headphones, adapters and even our credit card. Next time I will pay the extra flight money for some decent service.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by R Lowe    (UK)

Flew direct to Las Vegas from Manchester, 20/6/14. Flight slightly delayed but even after due departure time the board stated "on time". On long haul flights cabin gets cold so on any other airline pillows and blankets supplied as standard but they only seemed to have a dozen which were all claimed before take off leaving some people cold for 10+hr flight. Charge for head sets to use their entertainment system and can't really use your own as requires a 2 pin adapter! Drinks overly priced (which I didn't know weren't included) meal standard plane stuff. Just seemed to want money from you at all times be it duty free, scratch cards, drinks, food, headsets, charity bag etc. Now I know I was going to Las Vegas but this is my 11th trip there but 1st time with Thomas Cook and I've never had this type of experience before but flight was full of noisy drunken stag groups who hadn't booked seats together so were gathered in groups in the aisles, personally I felt the cabin crew should have refused alcohol to some they were that drunk but they didn't because they just want money from you. Return flight pretty much the same except blankets were provided to everyone and stag groups had worn themselves out so most we're sleeping so was much quieter.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by P Lyons    (UK)

Manchester to Dominican Republic and return. We recently visited the Dominican Republic for a 2 week all inclusive holiday. The holiday was great. The flight seats and leg room were adequate. However, the food was dreadful. James Martin should be dismissed! I requested a special dietary meal, gluten free because I have coeliac disease. Gluten free food is not particularly nice as its quite dry so care has to be taken to choose something appealing. I was given a fairly decent hot meal on the outbound journey but why oh why does James think we just want fruit as a dessert when everyone else was getting a very nice sponge type dessert? The 'breakfast' later in the flight consisted of a yoghurt and a piece of fruit. There was a bread roll but it was very dry and very brown. The return journey was no better but because the flight attendants didn't get the food out quick enough, my very dry rice and extremely dry chicken was too awful to eat. I had the obligatory piece of fruit for dessert and then the breakfast was the same as on the outbound flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by A Unsworth    (UK)

Manchester to Heraklion, Crete and back. Heraklion is not a comfortable airport and you will be lucky to find seats in the waiting area. One poor old woman was sick while she was waiting and nobody came to clean it up in the remaining time I waited before boarding (about 20 minutes). I had paid an extra 34 for seats with more leg room on the return journey. It was a flight arriving about 12.30am (which would equate to 2.30am Greek time that we would be accustomed to). I was working the next day and hoped to get some sleep. I might as well have saved my money as the seats were the most uncomfortable I have ever been in. They were almost vertical and offered no option to recline. The staff did their job - no friendly smiles or comments. The pilot sounded like he may have some interesting comments on the journey but we couldn't make out what he was saying. We love Crete but would avoid this airline if at all possible.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Michael Weir    (UK)

TCX 1052/53 from Gatwick to Enfidha on TC A320 - seats were alright, not much legroom but it was adequate, if you sit in the first two rows, be aware, you will not have an overhead bin. The overhead bin is used for safety equipment and you can't put it under your seat as some one else has already put theirs there! No inflight entertainment, cabin crew were extremely rude on the way back, the crew refused to put this lady's sick bag in the bin because apparently it is again health and safety law? Me being the nice person I am, I went and put it in the bin in the toilet for her as she had a broken leg and was unable to do this herself. I gave a glare to the cabin crew, only to receive a tut from them. Food was ok but not worth paying for. Highlight of the flight was when we landed back at Gatwick, the cabin crew said the usual 'thank you for flying Thomas Cook we hope to see you again in the future' and then everyone in the plane shouted together 'As If.'

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by S Moloney    (UK)

The plane was pre-historic. I travelled from Gatwick to Cancun. The seats, torn, worn, with grubby food down the sides of them. Made to pay 2.75 for a headset, when the entertainment system did not work for 10.5 entire hours and for this one measly complimentary drink was offered! The staff were rude, and when I asked for a glass of water, I was told to go to the back and help myself. The aircraft felt like Antarctica, and when I was given a blanket after an hour, it was covered in hair. I struggle to understand an entertainment system that works with 8mm tapes, as we are in 2014, and one where the films start every two hour. The service given by the staff is appalling. I will never fly with Thomas Cook.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Ian Tilbury    (UK)

We flew LGW-HOG, Cuba. The A330-200 chartered was pretty shameful to be honest. The easiest way to describe Thomas cook is a long haul Ryanair. Beverages and snacks onboard are outrageously overpriced (2 small beers at 8) and the crew as miserable as possible. IFE on a loop with 2 films and a couple of TV shows. The cleanest aspect of the aircraft was the toilets. On a good note, legroom pretty plentiful. Premium cabin only had another 2" of leg room at 38". All food, beverages and headsets are not included in the premium cabin price.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Ben Taylor    (UK)

My experience was terrible with Thomas Cook. We were flying to Las Vegas which on the way there is a 10.5 hr flight. The entertainment system wasn't working on the way there and I tell you it is not easy to entertain yourself for that long on a plane. They hand out what can only be described as a few pieces of tracing paper as a pillow so comfort obviously is there main concern. The flight attendants were clearly stressed as you can imagine their job will get harder with a plane full people with nothing to do but tried their best. On the way back only 3 channels on the entertainment system had sound. As well as the same comfort problems as on the way there the flight attendants where very rude and not interested in doing there job. One lady asked for some water and was told to get it herself which is when my jaw hit the floor. overall it was terrible they should stick to short haul or make big changes.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Peter Dyer    (UK)

Arrived at Luton airport for our 07.00 flight to Zakynthos at 04.45 to find all Monarch flights which were being used by Manos/Thomas Cook to fly us to Zakynthos had only 4 check ins open for all flights to all destinations. It took over 3 hours for us to check our bags in and thus our flight was over an hour late departing. When we arrived at Zakynthos one of our bags was missing. We were told our luggage was still at Luton and would be flown out the next day. The Thomas Cook rep told me it had been sent to Amsterdam and would arrive later that day. After waiting for the luggage to arrive and it not being on the flight I again was abruptly told it had been flown to Athens. The bag did finally arrive that night but our first 3 days of holiday was ruined by waiting around so many times after being given false information.