Thomas Cook Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 June 2013 by K Barton    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Sanford America, and returned 2 weeks after. On our outgoing flight it was delayed over 2 hours, when finally seated on the plane we were offered one complementary drink due to the delay, on other long haul flights we have had complementary drinks throughout the flight. The televisions showed the same shows in the long time we were on the flight and had long breaks in-between shows where nothing could be watched. Travelling with two children is difficult any way but when flying long haul it would be nice to have something to entertain them. on our return flight again same problem with the televisions. We flew overnight and was given one pillow and blanket between three.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 June 2013 by Robert Worgan    (USA)

We left from Sanford Florida to Glasgow Scotland and sat in the economy seats on the way over and were annoyed the entire flight by cramped seats and screaming kids. The airline should stop nickel and diming the customers and at least offer them water if they need it. On our returning flight we opted for an upgrade in seating which cost around 300 USD and what a joke. We were graced in the cabin with screaming kids who were kicking the back of our seats for the better half of an eight hour flight. This will be our last flight with this airline.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 June 2013 by A Marjoribanks    (UK)

Well Thomas Cook, you have surpassed yourself this time. Not only did you manage to delay our holiday from Glasgow to Dalaman by 8 hours on 22 May 2013 and having to bus down to Manchester to get our flight out. Now, on our return journey on 3/4 June 2013 we turned up at Dalaman airport at midnight, to be told that our flight back to Glasgow TCX3876 was going to be delayed by 5 hours. Now we have been informed that, in fact, it is going to be delayed by 14 hours. The Doncaster flight and the Newcastle flight have also been massively delayed. Absolutely shocking.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  30 May 2013 by Gary Ho    (UK)

Manchester to Bodrum return. Check in at Manchester terrible. Up to 21 Thomas Cook check in desks but only 2 were open for general check-in. Unable to check in online as the fee is 7.50 per person! Both flights were around 1 hour late departing. Seats are very cramped. No complimentary food or drink. No in flight entertainment. Focus of staff is to sell as much duty free and refreshments as possible.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 May 2013 by Eleanor Bell    (UK)

Glasgow to Dalaman on 18/05/2013, worst experience of flying in 14 years. Have used TC on numerous occasions but never again. Flight delayed 2.5 hours going out, most uncomfortable seats I have ever had the displeasure of using. Flights delayed 40 mins on the way back, this was a night flight but used the table to sleep on. Flight attendant in charge seemed very offhand verging on rude. Again as I said will never use TC again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  28 May 2013 by R Bloss    (UK)

There is only one possible good reason for flying with TC and that would be if there was no other alternative company available. I paid for extra for leg room and got less than the already cramped seat room my fellow passengers had to endure. The stewardess on the outward journey was very defensive when I pointed the fact out and seemed to enjoy speaking in a loud voice that she was 'doing her best for me'. Thankfully another passenger came to my aid and told her I'd said nothing unreasonable. For the record I'm referring to seats in row 1. The food, well James Martin should be made to eat it himself as punishment for putting his name to it. Do not complete the feedback questionnaire on your return journey, not unless you want to receive a host of unsolicited mail and nuisance phone calls.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  27 May 2013 by J Yates    (UK)

Have flown with Thomas Cook in the past but don't remember it being as bad as recently. The food on the return flight was terrible. No room in the seat. Plane wasn't particularly clean. Will avoid travelling with TC again at all costs.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  27 May 2013 by S Smith    (UK)

Flew Faro-Gatwick and paid for extra leg room seats, definitely worth it looking at the rather cramped space in the standard seats. The pre-booked meal (devised by Chef James Martin) was very good; tender chicken with vegetables, orange marmalade pudding & cheese/biscuits. Crew were friendly. It was not possible to do online check in however we timed it well as there was no queue at the check in desks.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2013 by D Murray    (UK)

Never will I use this airline again! Travelled to Cancun on 1st May 2013 and I paid for pre-booked window seats and I had no window. What a waste. The seats were so narrow and cramped and I'm average size not overweight. Most uncomfortable flight I've had. Even Ryanair short haul is preferable to this. I cannot believe a long haul flight is bad. Going home tomorrow and dreading the flight back. Oh and NO entertainment. What a nightmare. I travel a lot but will never use this company again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 May 2013 by S Dixon    (UK)

MAN-LAS return on an A330-200. Couldn't do advance check in on this route meaning we had to queue for half an hour. We booked the seat allocation, meal and baggage bundle and this was honoured. I was annoyed about the way that Thomas Cook try to charge for everything on long haul I don't think it's too much to expect checked baggage included and a meal. They only give 5 kg hand baggage. Moreover, the checked baggage is pretty expensive given that they only give you 20 kg. Onboard, it was sad to see how tatty it was. The leather on the seats is cracked, ripped and generally worn. My seat had a metal bar just under the foam that was really uncomfortable. Leg room was pretty good and I'm 6ft and this is about the most positive thing I can say about the interior. Meals were small and of average quality, certainly not worth the cost. Free drinks given with the meal only. Tea or coffee or juice. If you want water the cabin crew have to go back to the galley to get it. The crew were good though, it was a shame that they spent so long on the tannoy system trying to sell things like drinks, duty free, head phones, comfort packs, bingo cards etc. Not much peace to be had in the first 3 hours of the flight. Entertainment was good given the quality of the airline. Not on demand but 8 channels of films, dramas, documentaries, kids TV etc. On the way out we could look through cameras in the front and bottom of the plane during take off and landing. Not available on the way back. Overall, with all the extras (food, baggage and seat allocation) the cost of this flight was only marginally cheaper than Virgin Atlantic and in future I'd go Virgin.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 May 2013 by J Middleton    (UK)

Very disappointed with the service from Thomas Cook Airlines. They left a plane load of Belfast bound passengers delayed in Tenerife Airport for 7.5 hours on Friday 17 May. When we eventually boarded the Captain apologised for the delay and then said that we should appreciate that the staff came in on rest days to get us home. I thought we paid Thomas Cook to bring us home and it was due to a good will gesture from the staff!! I hope I never have to use Thomas Cook again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 May 2013 by S Blair    (Northern Ireland)

Both outbound and inbound flights from Belfast International to Las Palmas were on time and the cabin staff were very attentive and good. My only gripe was the seat pitch and legroom for a 4.5 hr flight which was uncomfortable & made worse by inconsiderate people in front reclining their seats back.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2013 by P Kieran    (Scotland)

Arrecife (Lanzarote) to Glasgow on a Boeing 757-300. We had booked extra legroom seats which I've noticed are much more generous than those on the 757-200 which is a smaller plane. Flight left on time, cabin crew were friendly & helpful, pilot kept us informed and all in all it was a pretty good flight. My only gripe is with the miserable 5kg hand-luggage allowance policy. Even Ryanair (allow more)!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  16 May 2013 by C Waters    (UK)

Just back from Gran Canaria having flown Flythomascook. Outbound flight was OK but inbound had been subcontracted to another airline. Delayed 2 hours. Off hand crew and just very poor experience. I fly this route 5/6 times a year and usually use easyjet who are far superior. Will never use Thomas Cook again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  15 May 2013 by G Pickering    (UK)

Family of 6 flying from Manchester to Sanford and return in May 2013. This flight should have been our first flight on a Dreamliner but flight was on 767. Flight was on time outbound and inbound, entertainment was poor as headphones useless (we were told none available on return as we should have kept the ones given on outward flight). I had to fold cardboard to support screen and games did not load. The Daily Mail was loaded but not distributed despite my request. Food was inedible (tough cold chicken out and back). Breakfast was a cold Sarah Lee Apple Pie. Staff collected rubbish by dragging a waste sack down and no effort was made to collect waste. I received better staff service on so called "budget airlines" in Europe. Staff had new "Dreamliner uniforms" and Sanford has a huge welcome sign saying Welcome to Thompsons Dreamliner (once enthusiastic customer but now not sure).

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2013 by D Buffey    (UK)

The booking in was normal. When we entered the aircraft we were horrified to see the tiny aisles and the equally tiny legroom and width of the seats. Neither of us are large and it was not a comfortable flight. Plane was very basic. Staff were fine. The day after our arrival we were informed that the early evening flight we had booked had been bumped forward 4 hours and we now were flying at 23.30. We asked if we could change to another flight and were prepared to fly out a day or two earlier but were told we would have to lose the money on the booked flight and pay the full fare for the second flight. No flexibility at all. On the return flight there were lots of families and some had been at the airport since the earlier time as they had not been informed of the change. After half an hour in the air we had to come back due to engine problems. We all disembarked, collected our luggage and were quickly herded out of the airport as it was closed. Waited outside the airport with no seating and no amenities for approx 2 hours for the coaches to turn up and take us to hotels for the night. With a few seats, a bottle of water and some good customer care skills it could have been so different! The hotels were fine and the rules were adhered too. The total delay was 23.5 hours. I would not fly with them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2013 by Peter Sleet    (UK)

San Francisco to Heathrow, flight booked in Aug 2012, arrived at airport March 1 2013. However no flight, flight was cancelled in Oct 12 but no notification to us. No help / assistance offered. On return home battle for compensation. They say 'its your responsibility to check flight 72 hrs prior to flight'.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2013 by D Brushwood    (UK)

MAN-Las Vegas-MAN. We flew on an A330 aircraft. We arrived at check in very early but they were unable to seat our party of 3 together. In fact most of the rear 30 rows were split up unless you had pre-booked your seats and paid extra. The cynic in me says they do this purposely to get you to pre-book seats next time. Strangely on our return everyone appeared sat together with their parties. The entertainment system appears quite old and had several vision and sound problems. 4 movies out and 3 in. Seats were fairly hard. The food was standard airline quality. Going long haul again I would rather fly with a different airline.