Thomas Cook Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 May 2013 by J Middleton    (UK)

Very disappointed with the service from Thomas Cook Airlines. They left a plane load of Belfast bound passengers delayed in Tenerife Airport for 7.5 hours on Friday 17 May. When we eventually boarded the Captain apologised for the delay and then said that we should appreciate that the staff came in on rest days to get us home. I thought we paid Thomas Cook to bring us home and it was due to a good will gesture from the staff!! I hope I never have to use Thomas Cook again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 May 2013 by S Blair    (Northern Ireland)

Both outbound and inbound flights from Belfast International to Las Palmas were on time and the cabin staff were very attentive and good. My only gripe was the seat pitch and legroom for a 4.5 hr flight which was uncomfortable & made worse by inconsiderate people in front reclining their seats back.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2013 by P Kieran    (Scotland)

Arrecife (Lanzarote) to Glasgow on a Boeing 757-300. We had booked extra legroom seats which I've noticed are much more generous than those on the 757-200 which is a smaller plane. Flight left on time, cabin crew were friendly & helpful, pilot kept us informed and all in all it was a pretty good flight. My only gripe is with the miserable 5kg hand-luggage allowance policy. Even Ryanair (allow more)!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  16 May 2013 by C Waters    (UK)

Just back from Gran Canaria having flown Flythomascook. Outbound flight was OK but inbound had been subcontracted to another airline. Delayed 2 hours. Off hand crew and just very poor experience. I fly this route 5/6 times a year and usually use easyjet who are far superior. Will never use Thomas Cook again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  15 May 2013 by G Pickering    (UK)

Family of 6 flying from Manchester to Sanford and return in May 2013. This flight should have been our first flight on a Dreamliner but flight was on 767. Flight was on time outbound and inbound, entertainment was poor as headphones useless (we were told none available on return as we should have kept the ones given on outward flight). I had to fold cardboard to support screen and games did not load. The Daily Mail was loaded but not distributed despite my request. Food was inedible (tough cold chicken out and back). Breakfast was a cold Sarah Lee Apple Pie. Staff collected rubbish by dragging a waste sack down and no effort was made to collect waste. I received better staff service on so called "budget airlines" in Europe. Staff had new "Dreamliner uniforms" and Sanford has a huge welcome sign saying Welcome to Thompsons Dreamliner (once enthusiastic customer but now not sure).

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2013 by D Buffey    (UK)

The booking in was normal. When we entered the aircraft we were horrified to see the tiny aisles and the equally tiny legroom and width of the seats. Neither of us are large and it was not a comfortable flight. Plane was very basic. Staff were fine. The day after our arrival we were informed that the early evening flight we had booked had been bumped forward 4 hours and we now were flying at 23.30. We asked if we could change to another flight and were prepared to fly out a day or two earlier but were told we would have to lose the money on the booked flight and pay the full fare for the second flight. No flexibility at all. On the return flight there were lots of families and some had been at the airport since the earlier time as they had not been informed of the change. After half an hour in the air we had to come back due to engine problems. We all disembarked, collected our luggage and were quickly herded out of the airport as it was closed. Waited outside the airport with no seating and no amenities for approx 2 hours for the coaches to turn up and take us to hotels for the night. With a few seats, a bottle of water and some good customer care skills it could have been so different! The hotels were fine and the rules were adhered too. The total delay was 23.5 hours. I would not fly with them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2013 by Peter Sleet    (UK)

San Francisco to Heathrow, flight booked in Aug 2012, arrived at airport March 1 2013. However no flight, flight was cancelled in Oct 12 but no notification to us. No help / assistance offered. On return home battle for compensation. They say 'its your responsibility to check flight 72 hrs prior to flight'.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2013 by D Brushwood    (UK)

MAN-Las Vegas-MAN. We flew on an A330 aircraft. We arrived at check in very early but they were unable to seat our party of 3 together. In fact most of the rear 30 rows were split up unless you had pre-booked your seats and paid extra. The cynic in me says they do this purposely to get you to pre-book seats next time. Strangely on our return everyone appeared sat together with their parties. The entertainment system appears quite old and had several vision and sound problems. 4 movies out and 3 in. Seats were fairly hard. The food was standard airline quality. Going long haul again I would rather fly with a different airline.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2013 by A Hills    (UK)

Just returned from Cuba. Very worried about flying with Thomas Cook due to poor reviews but was very pleasantly surprised, outbound and inbound flights both on time, returning we were 2 hours faster. We booked bulkhead seats which were worth the money although seats slightly narrow, the food was excellent, both ways hot and tasty. The plane was clean and tidy and the staff were attentive and friendly. No concerns about using them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2013 by Lloyd Clark    (UK)

I've been flying with Thomas cook for many years now and not had a bad experience yet. I'm 6/2 and although legroom is on the tight side its manageable. I'd choose not to have the set inflight meal and rather choose from the menu. The hot meals from the menu's although not massive are tasty. Always found the crew to be happy and helpful.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by G Hicham    (Sweden)

I traveled from Copenhagen to Thailand on a long 11 hour trip. Seats are quite narrow for such a long journey, though you do have a personal screen to watch movies. You have to pay for drinks, staff will wake up with loud announcements to try to sell you things. Buy a large bottle of water or two in the airport before going in! It's not the best for long trips!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by N Smith    (UK)

Was travelling on flight TCX 4013 Larnaca to Birmingham on 10th April, 2013. I asked and paid for extra legroom at 21 euro's per seat (booked at check in desk at Larnaca). I was allocated seat 2b which when I got to it is far from extra legroom. I am 6'4" and knee's only just free of bulkhead of toilet and could not adjust feet, very cramped. Thanks to crew, prompt action got me into seat 11E. My experience of Thomas Cook 757's is that extra leg room is in rows 11 and 31. I don't blame Thomas Cook, it seems strange that original passengers in row 11 did not pay for extra leg room, were about 5'6" tall. Beware of Larnaca check in staff.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  26 March 2013 by G Gardener    (UK)

Flew from Newcastle to Palma and return last summer, delayed both ways, miserly 5 euro voucher for 8 hour delay. Staff off hand to the point of rudeness, catering poor, seats dirty, cramped seating. Wouldn't use them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2013 by G Morrell    (UK)

My return flight from Goa on TCX319 GOI-LGW was, as far as flight service is concerned, as good as my experience on the outbound flight the week earlier. Another excellent team of cabin crew who remained friendly and happy despite the 10.5h night flight back to the UK. This time we had paid to upgrade to the "Premium" cabin and to allocate our seats in advance. I thought this well worth the small additional premium. Cabin service is however the same throughout the aircraft. In-flight meals again very nice. Whilst this was an A330-200 aircraft it was a different registration to the outbound flight and I can't score the interior as well. My Premium seat was old, leather ripped and the bottom padding worn out. A shame that the interiors of these aircraft are so old and tatty - definitely need an update TC! Crew great, meals great. In-flight entertainment fair to poor, aircraft needs a deep clean and refurbish.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2013 by G Morrell    (UK)

Flew TCX318, LGW-GOI on one of their A330-200 aircraft. Fortunate to be in the "Premium" section (more by luck as you can't book this ex-UK due to the excessive APD taxes) and seat and leg room good. Having walked around the cabin even the regular economy seating seemed to have plenty of leg room. Aircraft interior somewhat worn and in-flight entertainment not as up to date as most airlines these days but not sure this is too much of a problem for most these days as many passengers travel with I-PAD's and alike. Cabin crew and in-flight service very good as were the meals.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  8 March 2013 by C Watkins    (UK)

I took my wife and my Mother and Father on Holiday from Manchester-Larnaca flying outbound 17th June 2012 and flying Inbound 1st July 2012. We got to the check-in desks of Terminal 1 to be told that there was a delay expected of 3 hours on departure due to waiting for the inbound aircraft to arrive. Flew on Boeing 767-300 series aircraft with winglets, and once onboard I was surprised to see the wonderful seating, almost of a leather type feel to them. I am not exactly short in height being 6ft 2in, but I was surprised to be able to move my legs quite freely without touching the seats in front. The cabin crew were helpful. The pre-booked in-flight meals were quite tasty, but could have done with jazzing up a little. I didn't manage to catch the in- flight entertainment, as the interruptions to the film from over the tannoy were often and noisy. However, on the way back I found it interesting to see they had no films showing and just an intermittent update of flight information and map displaying location over the globe of the flight itself. Overall a very good experience.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2013 by M Graham    (UK)

Manchester to Banjul The Gambia and return flight time was 6 hours. Worst flight I have ever been on. Aircraft used was a B757-200 which seemed to be the oldest in their fleet. Legroom was a very poor 28 inches. Flight entertainment was very poor. I had pre paid for inflight meals and they were not worth the money paid. Flight going out was on time but return flight had a 2.5 hour delay. Cabin crew seemed to want to sell as much stuff as possible.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2013 by J Guest    (UK)

My husband and I travelled from Bristol to Paphos, Cyprus last September. Aircraft seats were very cramped with little legroom. Return flight was a nightmare. Halfway through the flight the captain announced that the aircraft was being diverted to Cardiff due to "operations systems". The plane was needed at Cardiff to return to Cyprus. We were then coached back to Bristol adding nearly 3 hours to our journey. We have since learned that these diversions are a regular occurrence with Thomas Cook flights. This is the last time we will ever use Thomas Cook.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  1 March 2013 by P Molyneux    (UK)

Flew East Midlands to Tenerife South and back. Flights on time. Cabin crew friendly and helpful. Booked extra legroom seats which was worthwhile. Aircraft oldish, but appeared well maintained. In flight food and drink perfectly satisfactory. In flight entertainment likewise. No complaints at all.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2013 by Ryan Biggerstaff    (UK)

Flew Thomas Cook A330-200 Gatwick-Cancun - will never use again, poor leg room - only long haul flight I have had to pay for drinks on. Inflight entertainment very poor. Paid 40 in total to select seats, booked with a window as stated on seat map when choosing, got there and there was no window!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2013 by D M Garner    (UK)

Very pleasantly surprised. Flew MAN-TFS on 757-200. Smooth check-in, very friendly cabin crew, good meal and bar service. Return on A321, once again good meal, cabin crew keen to oblige, and all in all very satisfied. Only negative was that a passenger fell ill, requiring oxygen, and two female cabin crew members were superb in dealing with the emergency. The Cabin Crew Manager carried on with his Duty Free selling, and offered no help at all to the other crew members. I know Duty Free sales are important to airlines, but the safety of passengers should be of paramount importance. This marred what otherwise was a very pleasant charter flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2013 by Tracey Kernig    (UK)

Manchester-Cayo Coco (Cuba) out 18/1/13, return 01/02/13. Couldn't complain about flight crew and service - excellent on aircraft both ways. Near enough on time both sectors. We paid extra for leg room - well worth the 40. Only setback was the inflight entertainment was poor. Would I fly Thomas cook again? Yes but would pay the extra for legroom due to long flight.