Thomas Cook Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  27 June 2013 by David Walker    (UK)

Flew from East Midlands on TCX5894 to Dalaman on 15th June. We added extra legroom for first time, which was great. Last year we flew on 757 and the seats were so close together it was uncomfortable. We boarded the plane and the locker above our seats was for airline equipment so I asked the stewardess where I could put my bags, she was very abrupt and told me to put it into the locker adjacent to the other one. I found her attitude throughout the flight quite rude, and as if she didn't want to be there? She was quite short 5ft 2ins approx. To be honest I found the whole team to be quite "glum". Having said that on the way back on TCX 5895 from Dalaman on 23rd June the team were so different and very friendly.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  22 June 2013 by E Borthwick    (UK)

Flight from Manchester to Cancun delayed just over 24hours! Nobody from TC at airport. Given small value vouchers through the day to cover drinks, but not of sufficient value to cover a decent meal in the airport. Eventually told flight will tomorrow and had to collect baggage and board coaches for overnight stay. Transported to wrong premier travel inn in Manchester for overnight stay. Nobody from TC on coaches or at Premier Travel Inn. Limited food and no drinks included although we were supposed to be all inclusive. Flight following was still 25 minutes later than scheduled for takeoff. We were given one free drink on the airplane in compensation. Once we were at the destination, we had an excellent holiday and would recommend it!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 June 2013 by E Hepburn    (Scotland)

Nightmare start to 10 day holiday with a 2 year old. Glasgow to Dalaman flight initially delayed 6 hours. Replacement aircraft chartered to fly. After waiting for 2 hours at departure gate waiting to board, buggies had been taken away, informed that the replacement plane wasn't licensed to fly in Turkish airspace! Flight cancelled to next morning at 8.40. Vouchers offered but very few outlets in the airport accepted them. No overnight accommodation was offered, no Thomas Cook rep was available. A few people on a 7 day break gave up and went home. Absolutely shocking treatment from Thomas Cook. Will never fly with them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2013 by A Phillips    (UK)

Awful start to our long awaited holiday. 3 hour delay at Gatwick with very little apology and no complimentary drinks or anything onboard by way of an apology. 3 hour delay again on our return flight from Antalya. Leg room is atrocious on Thomas Cook planes. Will never fly Thomas Cook again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2013 by K Mynard    (UK)

Stansted to Antalya on an Airbus A320. Both outward and return flights left on time. Pilots were informative and cabin crew pleasant enough. Meal OK. Wouldn't mind more legroom but for a 4hr flight it wasn't really too bad. No complaints.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  12 June 2013 by Kris Hetherington    (UK)

Travelling from Birmingham to Heraklion. Uncomfortable seats, limited leg room, crackling CRT televisions, delayed flights, booming announcements through PA system at 3am when kids are sleeping, chaos at the airport, the list goes on. Last trip with TC.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  6 June 2013 by K Barton    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Sanford America, and returned 2 weeks after. On our outgoing flight it was delayed over 2 hours, when finally seated on the plane we were offered one complementary drink due to the delay, on other long haul flights we have had complementary drinks throughout the flight. The televisions showed the same shows in the long time we were on the flight and had long breaks in-between shows where nothing could be watched. Travelling with two children is difficult any way but when flying long haul it would be nice to have something to entertain them. on our return flight again same problem with the televisions. We flew overnight and was given one pillow and blanket between three.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 June 2013 by Robert Worgan    (USA)

We left from Sanford Florida to Glasgow Scotland and sat in the economy seats on the way over and were annoyed the entire flight by cramped seats and screaming kids. The airline should stop nickel and diming the customers and at least offer them water if they need it. On our returning flight we opted for an upgrade in seating which cost around 300 USD and what a joke. We were graced in the cabin with screaming kids who were kicking the back of our seats for the better half of an eight hour flight. This will be our last flight with this airline.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 June 2013 by A Marjoribanks    (UK)

Well Thomas Cook, you have surpassed yourself this time. Not only did you manage to delay our holiday from Glasgow to Dalaman by 8 hours on 22 May 2013 and having to bus down to Manchester to get our flight out. Now, on our return journey on 3/4 June 2013 we turned up at Dalaman airport at midnight, to be told that our flight back to Glasgow TCX3876 was going to be delayed by 5 hours. Now we have been informed that, in fact, it is going to be delayed by 14 hours. The Doncaster flight and the Newcastle flight have also been massively delayed. Absolutely shocking.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  30 May 2013 by Gary Ho    (UK)

Manchester to Bodrum return. Check in at Manchester terrible. Up to 21 Thomas Cook check in desks but only 2 were open for general check-in. Unable to check in online as the fee is 7.50 per person! Both flights were around 1 hour late departing. Seats are very cramped. No complimentary food or drink. No in flight entertainment. Focus of staff is to sell as much duty free and refreshments as possible.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 May 2013 by Eleanor Bell    (UK)

Glasgow to Dalaman on 18/05/2013, worst experience of flying in 14 years. Have used TC on numerous occasions but never again. Flight delayed 2.5 hours going out, most uncomfortable seats I have ever had the displeasure of using. Flights delayed 40 mins on the way back, this was a night flight but used the table to sleep on. Flight attendant in charge seemed very offhand verging on rude. Again as I said will never use TC again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  28 May 2013 by R Bloss    (UK)

There is only one possible good reason for flying with TC and that would be if there was no other alternative company available. I paid for extra for leg room and got less than the already cramped seat room my fellow passengers had to endure. The stewardess on the outward journey was very defensive when I pointed the fact out and seemed to enjoy speaking in a loud voice that she was 'doing her best for me'. Thankfully another passenger came to my aid and told her I'd said nothing unreasonable. For the record I'm referring to seats in row 1. The food, well James Martin should be made to eat it himself as punishment for putting his name to it. Do not complete the feedback questionnaire on your return journey, not unless you want to receive a host of unsolicited mail and nuisance phone calls.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  27 May 2013 by J Yates    (UK)

Have flown with Thomas Cook in the past but don't remember it being as bad as recently. The food on the return flight was terrible. No room in the seat. Plane wasn't particularly clean. Will avoid travelling with TC again at all costs.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  27 May 2013 by S Smith    (UK)

Flew Faro-Gatwick and paid for extra leg room seats, definitely worth it looking at the rather cramped space in the standard seats. The pre-booked meal (devised by Chef James Martin) was very good; tender chicken with vegetables, orange marmalade pudding & cheese/biscuits. Crew were friendly. It was not possible to do online check in however we timed it well as there was no queue at the check in desks.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2013 by D Murray    (UK)

Never will I use this airline again! Travelled to Cancun on 1st May 2013 and I paid for pre-booked window seats and I had no window. What a waste. The seats were so narrow and cramped and I'm average size not overweight. Most uncomfortable flight I've had. Even Ryanair short haul is preferable to this. I cannot believe a long haul flight is bad. Going home tomorrow and dreading the flight back. Oh and NO entertainment. What a nightmare. I travel a lot but will never use this company again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 May 2013 by S Dixon    (UK)

MAN-LAS return on an A330-200. Couldn't do advance check in on this route meaning we had to queue for half an hour. We booked the seat allocation, meal and baggage bundle and this was honoured. I was annoyed about the way that Thomas Cook try to charge for everything on long haul I don't think it's too much to expect checked baggage included and a meal. They only give 5 kg hand baggage. Moreover, the checked baggage is pretty expensive given that they only give you 20 kg. Onboard, it was sad to see how tatty it was. The leather on the seats is cracked, ripped and generally worn. My seat had a metal bar just under the foam that was really uncomfortable. Leg room was pretty good and I'm 6ft and this is about the most positive thing I can say about the interior. Meals were small and of average quality, certainly not worth the cost. Free drinks given with the meal only. Tea or coffee or juice. If you want water the cabin crew have to go back to the galley to get it. The crew were good though, it was a shame that they spent so long on the tannoy system trying to sell things like drinks, duty free, head phones, comfort packs, bingo cards etc. Not much peace to be had in the first 3 hours of the flight. Entertainment was good given the quality of the airline. Not on demand but 8 channels of films, dramas, documentaries, kids TV etc. On the way out we could look through cameras in the front and bottom of the plane during take off and landing. Not available on the way back. Overall, with all the extras (food, baggage and seat allocation) the cost of this flight was only marginally cheaper than Virgin Atlantic and in future I'd go Virgin.