Thomas Cook Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2013 by A Hills    (UK)

Just returned from Cuba. Very worried about flying with Thomas Cook due to poor reviews but was very pleasantly surprised, outbound and inbound flights both on time, returning we were 2 hours faster. We booked bulkhead seats which were worth the money although seats slightly narrow, the food was excellent, both ways hot and tasty. The plane was clean and tidy and the staff were attentive and friendly. No concerns about using them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2013 by Lloyd Clark    (UK)

I've been flying with Thomas cook for many years now and not had a bad experience yet. I'm 6/2 and although legroom is on the tight side its manageable. I'd choose not to have the set inflight meal and rather choose from the menu. The hot meals from the menu's although not massive are tasty. Always found the crew to be happy and helpful.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by G Hicham    (Sweden)

I traveled from Copenhagen to Thailand on a long 11 hour trip. Seats are quite narrow for such a long journey, though you do have a personal screen to watch movies. You have to pay for drinks, staff will wake up with loud announcements to try to sell you things. Buy a large bottle of water or two in the airport before going in! It's not the best for long trips!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by N Smith    (UK)

Was travelling on flight TCX 4013 Larnaca to Birmingham on 10th April, 2013. I asked and paid for extra legroom at 21 euro's per seat (booked at check in desk at Larnaca). I was allocated seat 2b which when I got to it is far from extra legroom. I am 6'4" and knee's only just free of bulkhead of toilet and could not adjust feet, very cramped. Thanks to crew, prompt action got me into seat 11E. My experience of Thomas Cook 757's is that extra leg room is in rows 11 and 31. I don't blame Thomas Cook, it seems strange that original passengers in row 11 did not pay for extra leg room, were about 5'6" tall. Beware of Larnaca check in staff.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  26 March 2013 by G Gardener    (UK)

Flew from Newcastle to Palma and return last summer, delayed both ways, miserly 5 euro voucher for 8 hour delay. Staff off hand to the point of rudeness, catering poor, seats dirty, cramped seating. Wouldn't use them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2013 by G Morrell    (UK)

My return flight from Goa on TCX319 GOI-LGW was, as far as flight service is concerned, as good as my experience on the outbound flight the week earlier. Another excellent team of cabin crew who remained friendly and happy despite the 10.5h night flight back to the UK. This time we had paid to upgrade to the "Premium" cabin and to allocate our seats in advance. I thought this well worth the small additional premium. Cabin service is however the same throughout the aircraft. In-flight meals again very nice. Whilst this was an A330-200 aircraft it was a different registration to the outbound flight and I can't score the interior as well. My Premium seat was old, leather ripped and the bottom padding worn out. A shame that the interiors of these aircraft are so old and tatty - definitely need an update TC! Crew great, meals great. In-flight entertainment fair to poor, aircraft needs a deep clean and refurbish.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2013 by G Morrell    (UK)

Flew TCX318, LGW-GOI on one of their A330-200 aircraft. Fortunate to be in the "Premium" section (more by luck as you can't book this ex-UK due to the excessive APD taxes) and seat and leg room good. Having walked around the cabin even the regular economy seating seemed to have plenty of leg room. Aircraft interior somewhat worn and in-flight entertainment not as up to date as most airlines these days but not sure this is too much of a problem for most these days as many passengers travel with I-PAD's and alike. Cabin crew and in-flight service very good as were the meals.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  8 March 2013 by C Watkins    (UK)

I took my wife and my Mother and Father on Holiday from Manchester-Larnaca flying outbound 17th June 2012 and flying Inbound 1st July 2012. We got to the check-in desks of Terminal 1 to be told that there was a delay expected of 3 hours on departure due to waiting for the inbound aircraft to arrive. Flew on Boeing 767-300 series aircraft with winglets, and once onboard I was surprised to see the wonderful seating, almost of a leather type feel to them. I am not exactly short in height being 6ft 2in, but I was surprised to be able to move my legs quite freely without touching the seats in front. The cabin crew were helpful. The pre-booked in-flight meals were quite tasty, but could have done with jazzing up a little. I didn't manage to catch the in- flight entertainment, as the interruptions to the film from over the tannoy were often and noisy. However, on the way back I found it interesting to see they had no films showing and just an intermittent update of flight information and map displaying location over the globe of the flight itself. Overall a very good experience.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2013 by M Graham    (UK)

Manchester to Banjul The Gambia and return flight time was 6 hours. Worst flight I have ever been on. Aircraft used was a B757-200 which seemed to be the oldest in their fleet. Legroom was a very poor 28 inches. Flight entertainment was very poor. I had pre paid for inflight meals and they were not worth the money paid. Flight going out was on time but return flight had a 2.5 hour delay. Cabin crew seemed to want to sell as much stuff as possible.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2013 by J Guest    (UK)

My husband and I travelled from Bristol to Paphos, Cyprus last September. Aircraft seats were very cramped with little legroom. Return flight was a nightmare. Halfway through the flight the captain announced that the aircraft was being diverted to Cardiff due to "operations systems". The plane was needed at Cardiff to return to Cyprus. We were then coached back to Bristol adding nearly 3 hours to our journey. We have since learned that these diversions are a regular occurrence with Thomas Cook flights. This is the last time we will ever use Thomas Cook.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  1 March 2013 by P Molyneux    (UK)

Flew East Midlands to Tenerife South and back. Flights on time. Cabin crew friendly and helpful. Booked extra legroom seats which was worthwhile. Aircraft oldish, but appeared well maintained. In flight food and drink perfectly satisfactory. In flight entertainment likewise. No complaints at all.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2013 by Ryan Biggerstaff    (UK)

Flew Thomas Cook A330-200 Gatwick-Cancun - will never use again, poor leg room - only long haul flight I have had to pay for drinks on. Inflight entertainment very poor. Paid 40 in total to select seats, booked with a window as stated on seat map when choosing, got there and there was no window!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2013 by D M Garner    (UK)

Very pleasantly surprised. Flew MAN-TFS on 757-200. Smooth check-in, very friendly cabin crew, good meal and bar service. Return on A321, once again good meal, cabin crew keen to oblige, and all in all very satisfied. Only negative was that a passenger fell ill, requiring oxygen, and two female cabin crew members were superb in dealing with the emergency. The Cabin Crew Manager carried on with his Duty Free selling, and offered no help at all to the other crew members. I know Duty Free sales are important to airlines, but the safety of passengers should be of paramount importance. This marred what otherwise was a very pleasant charter flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2013 by Tracey Kernig    (UK)

Manchester-Cayo Coco (Cuba) out 18/1/13, return 01/02/13. Couldn't complain about flight crew and service - excellent on aircraft both ways. Near enough on time both sectors. We paid extra for leg room - well worth the 40. Only setback was the inflight entertainment was poor. Would I fly Thomas cook again? Yes but would pay the extra for legroom due to long flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 February 2013 by A Best    (Northern Ireland)

My wife and I flew from Belfast to Lanzarote on January 24 2013 and returned on Jan 31 2013. Flight from Belfast was on time and no problems boarding. First thing we noticed on boarding was the narrow space between the seats, other passengers commented on this. When I sat down the space to the next seat was so narrow that I was unable to put the food tray down flat. I am 5 ft 5 and found that I was cramped. Other passengers who were taller than I experienced greater discomfort. There was also a lack of overhead storage for all passengers and some had to shove baggage between their legs. On the return journey we were collected from our hotel 20 minutes late. Wen we got to the airport Thomas Cook had 6 check in desks open for people boarding 4 of their flights, all leaving within 15 minutes of each other. 4 desks were open for speedy boarding and Thomas Cook were actively trying to sell this service to people in the queue. As a consequence we had little time in the airport to have lunch or shop before boarding. When the plane took off and the set belt sign was switched off most passengers stood for the 4 hour journey. I have travelled with Thomas Cook in the past but their service has declined and they seem to be preoccupied with getting more and more money from passengers. As a seasoned traveller I have never seen such cramped conditions on any plane including so called budget airlines. I will never travel with Thomas Cook again and would not recommend this company to anyone.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2013 by E Picking    (UK)

Tenerife from Manchester in June 2012 for 2 weeks. Outward was fantastic new style seats made extra legroom, after a fantastic holiday with my family we returned to the airport making sure we arrived in plenty of time 3 hours! When we arrived at check-in, the man said there was some sort of problem with flight and left us stood there for 1.5 hours when we were finally told there was a delay and to move to a queue further down the line where we ended up for another 2 hours. Finally told our flight wasn't leaving until late that night instead of lunch time and given a small food voucher. Ended up sitting around the airport for a total of 10 hours and departed at approx 8pm. Got back to Manchester well after midnight on a plane that was falling apart, too hot and very discourteous staff. If they had told us about this earlier we could have re- booked a car and enjoyed the day as we were flight only and not part of a package holiday we wouldn't be entitled to any compensation anyway! I think it was disgusting the way we were all treated especially with a young child to keep entertained in a small airport with not much to do. Will not be Flying with Thomas Cook again!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2013 by Geoff Valentine    (UK)

LGW-ACE-LGW. Recently used TC to visit relatives in Lanzarote. Booked the flight online with the added items I desired. Arrived Gatwick early and used their baggage drop service, excellent. Flight out A321 was ok, I had been advised a few months earlier that the aircraft type had been changed, but my seat booking was still valid. Cabin staff excellent, nothing was to much trouble for them. Flight back via Boeing 757, again used TC baggage drop facilities so missed the usual long queue's. Found the flight to be very good and again found the cabin crew to be very good, service excellent. Would definitely use TC again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2013 by C Matthews    (UK)

We went to Mexico from Gatwick on 5 December. Flight delayed 2 hours - both sides to and from - but mostly the seats were so awful. Customer satisfaction was poor and the TC aircraft's must be revamped to improve the overall travelling experience. The actual holiday was great. Awful seats, incredibly small seat width. The worst I have experienced by far.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  7 January 2013 by L Gallagher    (Wales)

Had such a wonderful holiday, Christmas in Lanzarote. On our return, due to an issue back at Manchester we were informed that the plane allocated was different to the scheduled aircraft. Pre-booked seats were meaningless. Flight took off in it's customary late fashion. Due to the passenger in front reclining his seat, I found myself wedged between the planes window port and the seat headrest. My wife had to quickly tell the occupier of the seat to ease up. The maintenance of an aircraft is paramount, however the maintenance of its passengers is another question.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2013 by S Lockett    (UK)

Flight time was altered before we set off and several travelers were not informed - ourselves included so only just caught plane, which got as far as Belfast before turning back to Manchester because of engine problems. Put in hotel for night and off we go next morning. On way back stuck in Cancun airport for over 9 hours getting various pieces of information, the one I liked best was we were stuck there because the Mexican Government had changed that weekend and there was no-one to sign papers! Eventually took off 51 hours late, reps from the company were useless. I will definitely travel with another company if at all possible.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  23 December 2012 by W Tweats    (UK)

Manchester to Lanzarote, departed 45mins late, fight diverted to Fuerteventura with two engineers on our aircraft and spare parts to fix broken plane in Fuerteventura. Arrived in lanzarote over 2 hrs late. Return flight Lanzarote to Manchester also delayed for 4hrs - told because of operational problems.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2012 by F Michael    (UK)

Manchester - Cancun (1st December). Flight delayed an hour but we had been informed of this by TC about 2 months previously that this would be the case so this was no problem. We pre booked seats both outbound and inbound and, after reading other people's reviews about these pre paid seats not being kept, I was worrying although I had no reason to as everything was fine. The plane, an Airbus A330 was in good condition, the seats were comfortable with plenty of leg room, the cabin crew were friendly, the entertainment was good and helped pass the time and the food was decent quality. Flight back was on time, we had very good tail wind which knocked off a good 1-1.5 hrs off the flight. Food was good again, as was the entertainment. The cabin crew were perhaps not as attentive coming back but this was only a minor snag and it didn't ruin our flight by any means. After reading so many bad reviews, I had feared the worst but we had two very pleasant flights with them and would fly again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2012 by J Morrison    (UK)

Manchester - Cancun 17th November. Flight delayed an hour, got as far as Belfast before one engine lost power. Captain had to dump fuel and make emergency landing back at Manchester. 24 hour delay and flew out next day. Cancun to Manchester on 1st December delayed by 6 hours, before being told that "Thomas Cook hadn't paid the Mexican Authorities". Airport grounded the Manchester and Gatwick flight for 48 hours - flew home on the 3rd December. A330 aircraft are dated, entertainment system didn't work for a few hours on the outbound, it's on a loop and so no on demand entertainment. Food was awful, service poor and a shambles. The inbound flight had an extra crew member on it as one stewardess had got on the Manchester flight and not the Gatwick!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  7 December 2012 by D Haoues    (UK)

Flew Gatwick to Cancun, the worst flight I have ever been on. One and half hour delay going out and coming back, no reason given, it was just accept it and that's it. Cabin crew scruffy, and more interested in speaking to each other about what they did the previous evening, laying over the trolley, giggling. Awful service. No one seemed in charge, No one cared about the passengers except when they were trying to sell something. The aircraft was tatty, not very clean, tatty magazines. Inflight film kept cutting out even after having to pay 2.75 for the adapter. For a 11.5 hour flight. The leg room was minimal and uncomfortable.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2012 by B Lorimer    (Scotland)

Flew to Larnaca in July. Delayed 24 hours on the outbound leg as plane had a technical problem. Virtually non existent information and passengers pretty much left to use word of mouth to get bussed to hotels as only one member of airport staff (Glasgow) was out helping at the bus pick up points (which was like something out of a Carry On Film - total chaos) as the Thomas Cook staff invisible. Flight next day on different plane - horrible old plane, no legroom, overpriced snacks. Got form at Larnaca saying claim off your insurance. Reading through other posts this airline seems to be going downhill very fast. Another customer lost.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  26 November 2012 by L Muir    (Scotland)

Have travelled with Thomas Cook on several occasions and found their flights to be very good however having travelled to Fuerteventura I have noticed a big change in standards. The seats and tray areas were very dirty and the seat pitch was tiny. The aircraft itself was very old and dated. Flight was delayed on way back with no explanation. Staff were okay although did have to ask for a lap belt for my 7 month old son. Not sure I would fly with Thomas Cook again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  23 November 2012 by L Warcup    (UK)

We flew to Fuerteventura for Oct half term. Flight out was ok but the flight back TCX6335 was delayed for 23 hours due to a technical fault. Having sat on the tarmac for 2 hours we were sent to a shabby hotel for the night. Children on the flight back had to pay for earphones despite the horrendous delay. This is not the way to treat your customers. We will not book with Thomas Cook again. Finally got home at 2am on Monday morning when we should have been back on Saturday night.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  22 November 2012 by C Stamp    (UK)

Scuba Equipment. I noticed on the website that if you show your diving log book, you get 5kg extra baggage allowance for scuba gear. I checked in at B'ham airport and the check in staff accepted my diving certificate offhandedly. On check in at Sharm airport, I was told I would have to pay for excess baggage over the 20kg limit. Although I quoted the 5kg extra allowance and showed my diving certificate, they had no knowledge of it and persisted to charge me. Fortunately, I had printed out the terms for scuba equipment from the web- site and only when I produced that did they allow the excess free.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  22 November 2012 by N Barnett    (UK)

Just returned from TFS from MAN. 4 house delayed because they had an unserviceable aircraft. The planes are old, the seating is the worst and service is poor. Ryanair for me.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2012 by J Sergeant    (UK)

TCX2157 Larnaca to Manchester delayed 5 hours - 'flight no longer available for operational reasons'? No-one around to give explanations or apologies. Booked this flight because of good flight times in first place! Food vouchers OK. Arrived back Manchester to then experience further delay disembarking - very slow, bussing passengers to terminal bit by bit as 01.30 in morning by now. Then further delay getting baggage - total nightmare. Later found out this flight has appalling on time record!! Will not use TCX again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  15 November 2012 by R Weavill    (UK)

Having read page after page after page of poor and negative reviews one might wonder what the point is as there seems to be little done about the recurring complaints but here we go. Memo to Chief executive: "strap yourself into one of your tatty planes, sit for 5 hours unable to recline or even move due to the ludicrously tiny space you seem to think is adequate, add to that no ventilation, oppressive heat and cabin crew more interested in gossip than service and see how you like it". Why do they have to ruin a holiday with such shoddy service!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2012 by David Newman    (UK)

ACE-LGW. Check in very good with helpful staff. Boarding fairly quick and smooth. B757-300 looked a tad shabby but much more comfortable than Airbus. We had elected to have a pre-booked meal which was quite pleasant. Cabin crew were friendly and professional. A surprisingly good experience.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  13 November 2012 by P Kieran    (Scotland)

Glasgow - Tenerife - Glasgow on a Boeing 757-300. Flights left on time, crew friendly enough. Main gripe is the exceptionally mean 5kg hand luggage allowance, even the low-cost airlines give you 10kg! We booked an extra-legroom seat and a seat by the emergency exit (this being the same price as a regular seat), both had excellent legroom. Stewardess told us that the emergency exits on the 757-200s don't have as good legroom as the emergency slide sticks out, however this is not the case with the 757-300. Meal coming back was OK, breakfast going was poor. When purchased as part of the bundle for choose your seat/meals/luggage it works out OK value for money. No in-flight entertainment whatsoever.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2012 by Stacy Garner    (UK)

LGW to Sanford. Boarded on time then sat on the runway while fixing problem! Left hour late then 3.5 hours into the flight we got redirected to Iceland! No mention of when we would next fly. We had to call the UK to find out what was happening. Finally left the hotel at 1.30pm on the Saturday (landed 5.30pm Friday) to be told we would be flying 16.55, then delayed until 6.30, after boarding sat on the runway for 1hr. Finally arrived in Orlando 2.30 am Sunday morning, when we should have landed 2.30 pm Friday! On return flight, no reclining seats! Again boarded on time then again some excuse and left yet again an hour late.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2012 by K Singleton    (UK)

We flew Manchester to Tenerife South recently and I must say I wasn't looking forward to it after reading bad reviews. However, I must admit we had an excellent experience. We left Manchester on time and arrived back in Manchester half an hour early. We managed to book extra leg room on the return journey, which was good, but even in the normal seats we had as much leg room as other airlines we have flown with. There was no entertainment on the outward journey, but we were treated to a film on the return leg. All in all a stress free experience and I would definitely recommend to family and friends for future travel plans.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2012 by Jacqueline Bird    (Canada)

Delayed 3.5 hours with no explanation. Flight times changed twice during the delay. Inflight service was terrible. No drinks offered with dinner, you had to ask for them, tea and coffee finally came round a good 45 minutes after dinner. No garbage collected. Two babies in front of us were allowed to stand on their mother's knees during take off and landing. Nobody did a pre-take off or landing check to see who had seat belts on. I will never book Thomas Cook/Air Transat again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 November 2012 by Jean Haines    (UK)

Stansted to Dalaman. Delayed going out by 2 hours even though they boarded us as if we were on time. Flight deck insisted on telling us we were sitting on the plane because they were performing running repairs on landing equipment. The seat pitch was unacceptable, so tight and uncomfortable and the flight staff were scruffy and unhelpful. I even had to draw their attention to the state of the loo! Whoever was in charge of the announcements on both flights was dreadful - got all her words mixed up and giggled in the middle of her announcement.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 November 2012 by S Johnson    (UK)

Outward flight from Gatwick to Orlando delayed 5 hours due to technical problem with Airbus! Return flight from Orlando to Gatwick delayed 25 hours due to technical problem. Premium seats were comfortable. The outward bound food (by chef James Martin), sausage and mash- very good, Thai curry - very dry. Return flight food, not very good and the breakfast is not worth bothering with, may as well just offer fruit juice or a tea/coffee. This is the first time we have flown with Thomas Cook, overall experience has not been a good one.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 November 2012 by Declan Marsh    (UK)

Norwich to Palma on airbus A321, the legroom is shocking. I am 5ft 11 and found it quite uncomfortable. Staff were friendly onboard and the service was good. Will use again providing there is more legroom.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  1 November 2012 by Helen Thatcher    (UK)

Just returned from two weeks in Florida, outbound journey was 5 hours late leaving due to technical problems, received a voucher at the airport which was acceptable. Crew on board were very attentive and our 6 year old son was sick they were very helpful. Seats were reasonably comfortable, food and entertainment ok. Return journey a different story, delayed 25 hours due to technical problems, after a wait at the airport with no information as to what was going on we were told to take bits from our cases for an overnight stay, taken to a local hotel for the night. Eventually left 25 hours late! The plane was dirty. Crew were not particularly helpful. It was an experience I would not want to go through again and will not fly Thomas Cook ever again!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  1 November 2012 by Andy Letts    (UK)

Just had 2 weeks in Florida. The flight out was good, staff were excellent and the aircraft, an airbus, was comfortable with good leg room. Flight back was terrible, 3 hour delay with no explanation, the seats were very narrow and extremely uncomfortable on this aircraft, a Boeing 767, and they did not recline at all. No seat back entertainment, just overhead screens in the aisle but this didn't matter because none of the sound sockets controls on the right side of the aircraft worked anyway which is a joke when flying long haul with children. We asked to move but were told we couldn't even though there were empty seats at the rear of the cabin. Very poor.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  1 November 2012 by Owen Evans    (UK)

LGW-LPA-LGW - Very old 757-200 on both legs, overhead screens for IFE on the way over but no IFE on the way back. Leg room was an absolute joke! Made worse when the person in front tried putting their seat back and jamming my legs completely in place for 4 hours. Crew were not the greatest and on the way back were too busy talking. Glasgow based crew on the way over far more friendly and chatty to passengers rather than each other. Check in a LGW very good with no wait at the bag drop desk at LGW, return check in at LPA only 2 check in desks opened and Thomas Cook wanted an extra €10 to jump up the line, waited 50mins to get to the front, agent was very chatty and pleasant. Didn't buy anything on board and the food looked quite poor quality. Wouldn't choose to fly with them again I'd rather pay a bit more and fly with a proper airline.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  30 October 2012 by Richard Piatkowski    (UK)

Only chose Thomas Cook due to it's preferential flight times to Larnaca. Plane was an old 757-200, it still has the old style televisions hanging out of the ceiling, showing one film and desperately old TV shows. You'll need to buy headphones at 2.75. If you do bring your own, make sure you get a double pin adapter, otherwise you will pay 1.50 for one of those. No personal air conditioning. Return flight was so old and tired that it had no auxiliary power meaning no air conditioning at all when on the ground. The seats are terrible, 28" legroom is all that you get, which means you spend your flight pinned up against the seat in front of you. Equally the width of the seats is poor too, meaning you have to take great care not to knock out the person next to you whenever you move! We only flew as far as Cyprus - I pity anyone who has or will travel any further. The service is okay, but is clearly a charter flight style - continually trying to sell something to you. If you haven't paid in advance for food, you can buy it on the plane, but it is expensive for what it is and pretty mediocre. They don't even give you water, tea or coffee during a 4.5 hour flight. In conclusion, I will never travel with TCA ever again. I should have listened to the reviews I read before travelling.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  30 October 2012 by C Appleton    (UK)

Due to travel back from Tenerife South on 26th Oct 2012. Take off should have been 1.40 instead without explanation it ended up being 01.40 on the 27th Oct. Absolutely no customer service. Updates were by means of the flight board, There were 11 changes to the flight time. Ended up on another airline, Cosmo brought us to the UK on our return journey. Handed a letter on arrival at Newcastle airport giving the flight details and how to make a claim through our own Insurance Policy.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  30 October 2012 by J Bellamy    (UK)

Flying out to Orlando we were delayed 5 hours, when we checked in the night before, no mention of any delays, however when we looked at the board before our flight it said it had been pushed back 5 hours. Flight itself was horrible, small seats, no legroom. Inflight entertainment was even worse, 3 movies to choose from and you had to start watching at the same time as everyone else. After a lovely holiday in Orlando we were meant to fly at 12.30, given a hotel, and our flight is now 17.30 - a delay of 25 hours.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  30 October 2012 by B Hill    (UK)

Birmingham to Antalya on 13.10.12. However we had probably 20-25 % children on board and the choice of film for general viewing was poor and was not suitable for kids viewing. Secondly, I flipped up a tap on the toilet washbasin to find it was filthy with slime under the head. Obviously a long time since any cleaner had investigated the area. Other than these things, the flight went well with all other aspects being ok.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  30 October 2012 by C Price    (UK)

Travelled TCX4329 from Lanarca to Birmingham. Arrived early at the airport waited to check in and must have been 20th in queue. After experiencing cramped conditions on inward journey asked for extra legroom but none available so asked for aisle and next seat, were put on row 30 right next to toilets, no leg room and head pushed forward for whole journey. Staff oblivious and unprofessional, did not do a last cabin check to make sure every thing stored and seatbelts on - more interested in selling lottery. We paid a lot for flight, would now use a low cost airline over TC every time.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2012 by G Muir    (UK)

TCX6025 Tenerife to Newcastle. Supposed to take off at 13.40. On arrival at airport at 11.30 all seemed well. Called to gate 37 around 1pm. Staff took 4 wheelchairs through and returned with them minutes later. Never at any time informed as to why our flight was cancelled/delayed. Food vouchers were given out but had to be spent in same establishment. Constantly had to visit the information desk to find out what was going on. We eventually left at 01.38am, 12 hours late on a Cosmos plane. Customer service needs seriously considered!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2012 by H Fletcher    (UK)

Delayed 6 hours on outbound journey to Orlando. Flight itself was very turbulent. The crew, service and food was excellent! Seat pitch excellent, entertainment average. Return flight delayed, we don't know how long, we are currently in a hotel overnight waiting for information on when we will leave! Will never fly Thomas Cook again!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2012 by B Wilson    (UK)

TCX2026 Manchester to Paphos on 16 October 2012, delayed 8 hours and the handling of passenger welfare was unacceptable. Flight due to depart at 0700 hrs. On checking in at 0545 we were advised it was still 0900 for a technical problem. Only update was via the departures board which pushed back to 0930 then further information at 1000. A tannoy announced delay until 1400hrs and to collect a 10 refreshment voucher in a queue that took 1 hour. Thomson flight drafted in as replacement - departure now posted at 1430. As boarding given letter of explanation, found out that the meal we had prepaid for was not available via Thomson. Letter stated we would be refunded flight meal money on return to UK but now have discovered we have to write in to claim it back. Took off at 1505.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2012 by J J Schmid    (UK)

Boeing 757-200 Gatwick to Antalya return. My husband and I returned from Antalya, a 4 hour flight, at 4am Wednesday (after a 3 hour delay). We had the same problem on our outward journey. The worst thing was the inadequate seating space, plus both of our seats had clasped, so it was just impossible, from the time we sat down to get any comfort. I had a bump on my seat which caused discomfort at the base of my spine. Difficult to eat our meals because of elbow room. We sat in row 40E and F at the back of the aircraft, the seats did not tilt back to any degree so we sat bolt upright for the 4 hour night flight! Yes we tried to buy extra leg room on the way back but there was none available. What a shame Thomas Cook! Everything else was just great!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2012 by S Gedge    (UK)

No problems with our flight from Stansted to Fuerteventura, but on our return flight never before have I encountered such an unprofessional team of stewardesses, all making unsuitable jokes and talking to passengers as if they were old mates, not to mention using the trolleys as weapons, crashing into elbows of passengers etc. We were rudely told we couldn't have the in-flight meal as 'you ain't paid for it, you're on a Thomson's holiday', although they did relent under protest. The aisle on the plane was too narrow for a toilet queue.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  25 October 2012 by C Richards    (UK)

Manchester to Hurghada on Boeing 757-200 G-FCLH and it was the worst flight I have been on! Sat in window seat 15F. I argued at check-in that although 15F was on the side of the aircraft with windows it did not have one. Boarded the plane, seat 15F. No window! I am by no means large, neither was the 10 year old who was kicking my seat behind me which could not be helped as he also couldn't move because of the poor legroom. Aircraft was filthy. Flight time from Manchester to Hurghada is usually 5 hrs 35 mins. It was pleasing when the crew said this was to be only 5 hrs 18 mins. In truth the aircraft shut down 5 hrs 50 mins after it had first moved for the purpose of its flight. Will I fly them again? Yes but only because I need to fly home. Lookout for an identical review about Halloween time. Unless they send an A320/A321/A332/A333/B753/B763 to cover the flight instead I don't expect to be happy!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2012 by Dave Parker    (UK)

Manchester to Dalaman. Outbound flight was on time, but that is about the only positive. Aircraft was a 757-200, it was far too old! We had the two seats at the rear of the aircraft 30 C/D. The seats did not recline at all and the legroom was bad. You had to pay for pillows, blankets and headsets now. Not that the headset was any good, because the TV screens were so small and far away you couldn't see the film. Return flight was almost one hour late taking off. The aisle is so narrow that you were frequently knocked by the trolley. The main problem was the legroom, just awful.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2012 by M Waddell    (Scotland)

Glasgow-Malta return, economy class, as part of a Thomas Cook package holiday in Gozo. Outbound flight delayed 30 minutes, largely due to the police having to come on board and remove a drunk passenger. Return flight was on time. The aircraft seemed clean and well-prepared, but the legroom was pretty restricted (I'm 6'6"). Nonetheless, I found it reasonably ok for a 4 hour flight, although I wouldn't want to go on a long-haul in these conditions. Staff were friendly and helpful, and provided good service. I was particularly impressed by the way in which they dealt with the drunk passenger on the outbound flight, and by their announcement on both flights that they would sell alcohol in moderation but reserved the right to refuse it - marked contrast to another airline where we had to sit next to two obnoxious drunks whom the staff kept plying with booze. All in all, a perfectly reasonable trip, and in view of all the negative reviews that this airline has received, I thought it only appropriate to give the other side of the story.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2012 by G Buxton    (UK)

We travelled to Hurghada from Gatwick on 5th October and returned on 12th October. We had a 4 hour delay on both outward and return flights and was offered a 5 voucher on the outward journey and a couple of stale rolls on the return as compensation. The leg room was virtually non existent on the standard seats but luckily we had pre-booked long legroom seats on the way out at a cost of 30 each extra. The guy sitting next to us who had left the UK 3 weeks before had had a 6 hour delay on the outbound journey and said delay on this airline was normal! Altogether a very unpleasant experience and would never fly Thomas Cook again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2012 by M Harvey    (UK)

I flew to Hurghada from Gatwick on 5th of October. The flight was 4.5 hours late leaving (should have been 12.50, left 17.20), we received a 5 food voucher at Gatwick as compensation. The return flight was 3 hours and 26 mins late leaving (should have been 20.10, left 23.36) we received a meal box at Hurghada containing two rolls, a small carton of fruit juice and a bottle of water. The aircraft (Boeing 757/200, G-FCLJ both ways) was clean but seat space was fairly tight, two inflight movies were shown each way, the staff were polite and efficient. Passengers who asked to be seated together on the return flight were distributed randomly around the cabin. This flight from Gatwick to Hurghada and the return seems to be regularly delayed, see other posts on this board. I will be a very reluctant passenger on a Thomas Cook flight in the future.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2012 by A Cowie    (UK)

Flight out to Tenerife bearable but the return was a joke. Party of 20 blind people, no priority boarding arranged, flight back delayed then diverted to Glasgow "for operational reasons". Cabin staff unhelpful, especially manager who stated "if you have a problem see me or the captain when we land and we will call the police". Very diplomatic and calming! Waited over 2 hours for coaches then had to try and arrange homeward travel for 20 disabled travellers at midnight. Unfortunately Thomas Cook Holidays faired little better and were unhelpful and full of undelivered promises.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  10 October 2012 by J Pegg    (UK)

Having travelled to Cyprus with a large wedding party, we weren't even sat anywhere near each other on the plane. The planes were old, tatty and cramped. At Larnaca airport there was a massive queue to check in, so 4 of us decided to part with 40 Euro for express check in. We ended leaving the desk at the same time as our friends who took the long queue. When asking the reps why this is acceptable, they advised 'it's the risk you take'.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2012 by J Bradley    (UK)

This was the first (and last) time we had the misfortune of flying with Thomas Cook to Antalya in Turkey from Manchester airport on the 24th September. We were supposed to fly at 07.45am and eventually took off at 22.45 a full 15 hours late . Any information about what was happening was sporadic to say the least. When we realised we would probably arrive at our accommodation in the middle of the night we were given International Phone Cards!! Worth wait for it - 66p. !! We had to ask for food vouchers throughout the day which totalled a massive 14 per person. The whole experience was a shocking shambolic mess Oh and to add insult to injury we were also delayed one and a quarter hours on our return flight. Thomas Cook Airways your Customer Service stinks and you should be ashamed of yourselves! Never again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2012 by P Smith    (UK)

Flew with Thomas Cook to Dalaman on 21st September, 5 hour delay going out and 3 hour delay coming home, as they were late flights we obviously lost 2 nights sleep out of a weeks holiday, the seating very tight in cabin, not very impressed as we have spent a lot of money with above over the years, and feel as a company they are letting their name and standard's slip.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2012 by E Kenny    (UK)

Booked with Thomas Cook Manchester to Tenerife South - disgraceful treatment. Following a 7 hour delay, ended up being shuffled onto a eastern european budget airline. No seat allocation, food or drink or English speaking cabin crew. No prior information or update.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  5 October 2012 by J Howfield    (UK)

Flew from Heraklion to Gatwick TCX1269, 03/10/12, 01.05am - Sat in seat 40a. Very cramped. Cabin temperature was uncomfortably warm. Food - breakfast was more like a soup. Poor service and poor value. Not booking with Thomas cook ever again!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  3 October 2012 by C Charnley    (UK)

Flew Manchester to Antalya and back. Hopefully I will never have to fly with Thomas Cook again as it was not a good experience! Flights were booked as part of a package deal. We picked this holiday because it had semi decent flight times (departing 3pm out and 10pm back). When filling in the API online I found that the flight times had been changed to departing at 7pm and 2.30 am. No communication about this from TC. Their response was 'oh you should have had a letter'. Yes I should have but I didn't! Checked in online, no queue for bag drop but told flight delayed by 3.5 hours. Then 4 hours. Finally called to gate to be told that although plane is here there is now a technical problem and we'll be updated in an hour. Bearing in mind how long people have been in airport (and some of them drinking) this does not go down well, especially as all airport facilities now shut. Eventually boarding commenced and we set off at 12.30 am. The flight was just about bearable - rock hard seats that don't recline and no seat back pouches to hold water etc. As plus point the food was good. Coming back at least we weren't delayed but you can't check in on line for the return flight. We weren't at the back of the queue and we stood in line for 1 1/4 hrs. Same rock hard seats and less leg room - we were on the same row as we flew out on and there was a noticeable difference. The only good thing I can say is at least the luggage arrived.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2012 by Malcolm Roberts    (UK)

Travelled Birmingham - Paphos return on one of their ancient 757's and have never experienced such little leg room. My wife stands 5'2" and found the seats cramped, as I had an aisle seat I spent most of the time standing on a flight lasting well over 4 hours. When the staff enquired why I was standing for so long I explained the space situation and their lack of interest was underwhelming. Never again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2012 by S Morrissey    (UK)

Quite easily the worst flying experience that I have ever had to endure. I had a flight only deal to Naples. The flight was originally due to take off at 8.30. We were then advised there was a delay until 12.30. We then turned up at the gate with a boarding card to be told we had been put on another flight that would not leave until 16.30. We actually took off at 17.30! We received 2 x 6 vouchers for our inconvenience. We also suffered a 4 hour delay coming back. Lovely. There were 2 couples who had missed connecting flights to Ireland and Scotland who then had to purchase new flights at their own cost. Thanks Thomas Cook for ruining mine and many others holiday.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2012 by A Willacy    (UK)

Flew to Rhodes from Manchester on 22nd September. 5 minutes before gate opened were told we'd have to be bussed to East Midlands. Three 52 seater coaches showed up for over 200 people. Do the maths. When at East Midlands airport flight was delayed for a further 30 minutes. Given 6 vouchers each as compensation. Didn't cover the cost of a coffee and sandwich. Flight back from Rhodes on 29th September was late by over 2 hours. Won't be flying Thomas Cook airlines again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  1 October 2012 by Teresa Smith    (UK)

Just got back from Egypt, lovely holiday except the flights. It is the last time I will fly Thomas cook. The leg room was terrible, no space at all. The service was slack, we travelled as 4 but had to sit scattered all over the plane.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  28 September 2012 by C Carr    (UK)

East Midlands to Ibiza 16th Sep returning 23rd Sep. Airbus 321 both ways. Flight left early on both trips, staff were friendly and professional and smartly turned out, vegetarian option meal was delicious on return journey but breakfast was bland. My husband is 6'4" and his leg room was much better than Thomson's 757 that we experienced last year, was able to actually get his feet on the floor unlike the 757. On this experience, would travel with TCX again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  26 September 2012 by Kayleigh Pickering    (UK)

Flew from Gatwick to Hurghada on 14/09/12 - service was not great - the inflight entertainment was terrible, the film was shown on old-style televisions and the picture quality was awful. Food was actually very good for plane-food, the leg room was laughable! I'm only 5'5" and my knees were touching the seat in front so I dread to think how it must be for those who are actually tall! The flight back into Gatwick on 25/09/12 was awful - again the leg room was awful, the food was not as good. The worst thing was the absolute lack of inflight entertainment - a 5 hour 29 minute flight with no entertainment is a absolute disgrace. Extremely disappointed - would have expected if we had flown with EasyJet or some other budget airline, but for an airline such as Thomas Cook this was completely unexpected and very disappointing! Very reluctant to book with Thomas Cook in the future and we have used them for many years.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  26 September 2012 by R Palethorpe    (UK)

We have flown Thomas Cook for may years always to Kos, this year we were due to leave Kos at 01.10 hrs but were delayed by fog. All incoming flights diverted to Rhodes or Athens, we had already given our luggage in prior to the announcement of the delay, but the Thomas Cook reps were superb, they returned our luggage, we were then transferred to a hotel and kept informed of the expected time of departure, collected and returned to the airport. On the return flight a meal was given to all passengers free of charge, we had already booked our meals but thought it was a very good gesture by the company, they did their best under very difficult circumstances. My only complaint is that they are no longer flying to Kos from EMA, and as we go there twice a year we are not looking forward having to travel to Manchester as we only live 11 miles from EMA.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  26 September 2012 by Ian Moses    (UK)

We had return flights from Glasgow to Bodrum. I doubt if the person who designed the seats and the pitch has ever had to fly in them. I would rate myself as an experienced traveler but I have never experienced such uncomfortable back breaking seats in any of my travels in addition there is no seat pocket for your personnel items books, Ipad, iPod, Mp3 player, water etc. I am afraid after this experience Thomas Cook will be my airline of last choice.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2012 by S Harris    (UK)

Flew from Gatwick to Hurghada 18/09/2012. Initially delayed by 4 hours which was annoying but not the end of the world. The real horror was to come which was the woeful state of the 757 we would travel in to Egypt. A very old plane with trim filthy or missing. The worst thing was the totally inadequate seating space (I can't bring myself to call it leg room as there was clearly no room for your legs). I am 5'8" and could barely squeeze in, the whole experience was so claustrophobic that I am dreading the return flight. The inflight entertainment was laughable with pull down black and white TVs which appear to have been acquired from a 1980's defunct coach fleet, the temperature also did not help the overall experience, although went some way to acclimatise us to the heat of Egypt. The holiday itself has been fantastic and such a shame to be so spoilt by the flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2012 by G Chapman    (UK)

Gatwick-Kalamata, out 16th Sep, returning 23rd Sept. Going out flight was much to time and smooth journey. Argument beside me when lady decided to recline her seat to dismay of person behind her who, I think, was still eating. Return journey was originally delayed 1 hour - 'due to late arrival of incoming aircraft' - then extended to approx 4 hours as the aircraft was diverted to Bulgaria to take an engineer and parts to a stranded aircraft. Kalamata airport is small so there were not enough seats and the snack bar ran out of food (eventually they opened the arrival area to accommodate us). We were updated but, beyond a complementary drink on board, little was done to alleviate the considerable inconvenience. The real drawback of flying Thos Cook is the check-in system. Unless you pay extra for an allocated seat, you cannot check-in on-line so have to join the one common queue for all their flights.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  24 September 2012 by A Frost    (UK)

Never Again. Third holiday in a row that we have flown with Thomas Cook and each time we have suffered bad delays. Last one was from Dalaman to Manchester TCX2985 on 21st Sept 2012. - 1.5 hours late returning to Manchester. Thomas Cook will be our last choice for all future holidays.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  24 September 2012 by R Cox    (UK)

BHX-CFU-BHX, 757-200 outbound 10th September. Had used online check in, so baggage drop was swift and painless. Departed on time, cabin clean and tidy, cabin crew were friendly and helpful. Seats 31E and F so plenty of legroom although the seats did feel a little narrow. In flight meal good although the gluten free meal could be a little more imaginative. Flight arrived a little early. In bound flight 17th September same aircraft and seats, departed on time. Meals good and cabin crew as good as the outward journey, flight arrived a little early. All in all a pleasant experience and one I would be happy to repeat.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2012 by Lou Sullivan    (UK)

We used Thomas Cook to fly to Tenerife. (TCX1012 and TCX1013). I am shocked that I can honestly say that I have used 2 other low cost companies, and had much better experience than the one I have had this week. I found on flight staff incredibly rude, unapproachable and miserable. I am 5ft 4 and my poor other half is 5ft 11, and we were rammed in behind people who reclined their seats (how can there be room for reclining seats when you can't even put arm rest up properly or have enough space to sit comfortably?). This happened on our way out and back! On our way back to Gatwick we had a four hour delay. So our 19.20pm flight didn't leave until 23.20pm. As we were both so uncomfortable neither of us could sleep on plane. So by the time we got to Gatwick at 2:45am we had both been awake for 19hours and had to drive 2 hours to get home. This was such a downer to our Holiday. Will never fly Thomas Cook again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2012 by C Pritchard    (UK)

10 Sep, LGW-AYT. On time, comfortable seats with plenty of legroom (A330) and tasty inflight meal. Friendly and helpful crew. 17 Sep, AYT-LGW. On time, with good inflight meal and efficient crew but the worst legroom I have ever experienced (B757), 4 plus hours of extreme discomfort, unable to move legs and sat so far back in the seat that I was sat on the metal cross-bar. Would/could never fly Thomas Cook again unless could guarantee plane type.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2012 by P Conlon    (UK)

Outbound. 6th September 2012. 7 hour delay. Very poor updates of flight status to passengers. 4.00 voucher given to each person for food and drink - this didn't go anywhere near covering the cost. I got crackers and cheese and some melon that came to 8.20. Inbound. 1.50pm, 13th Sep 2012 from Zante to Manchester. Staff were professional and polite.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2012 by John Kirkpatrick    (UK)

Gatwick to Hurghada 7th Sep and 14th Sep, without doubt the worst flight for many years. Not for the service but seats and lack of leg room. At 6'4, like many of the other comments, the pitch of the seat left me with my knees against the arms rests on the seat in front. After an hour pins and needles set in for the next 4 + hrs. I don't know how the company can get away with this. All of us comparing notes when we got off. One thing to note the flight was good leaving on time and the staff all very great. The flight wasn't cheap but disgraceful.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2012 by Pat Conlon    (UK)

Outbound, 6th Sep to Zante. 7 hour delay. Minimal information. Wrong gate on screen when boarding announced, had to set off again to another gate. Food voucher of 4.00 given which was not enough to buy anything decent. Inbound, 13th Sep 1.50pm. All ok apart from the attitude of 1 of the cabin crew who was arrogant and sharp in her responses to customers. Other cabin crew were professional in their manner.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 September 2012 by G Dunn    (UK)

Just returned from Crete. I am male, 5' 10" average build. The seat was extremely uncomfortable. My knees were hard up against the seat in front. It was a night flight but absolutely impossible to even relax let alone snooze. I will never fly them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 September 2012 by D Huggett    (UK)

Gatwick to Dalaman and back on A330 wide body. Hour delay on outbound flight but when gate was announced, boarding was very fast indeed. Aircraft clean and seat had lots of leg room but was hindered slightly by video box under seat. One film to watch whilst eating breakfast was OK. Crew serving me were rubbish and seemed robotic and couldn't really care less. On return, flight departed on time, crew were a lot better. Half the toilets were not working so queues built up quickly. Food good, film rubbish but landed 20 minutes early. All in all a pretty good experience.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  12 September 2012 by D Winship    (UK)

Have just returned from Kefalonia with Thomas Cook in a 757 aircraft and have to say I have never encountered or endured so much discomfort from a seat. I am 6ft tall and weigh 16 stones and was by no means the largest person on this particular flight. I just managed to fit in the seat and found that my knees were pressed hard against the seat in front with my legs apart. I paid for an inflight meal but was unable to eat it properly as the tray came down against my tummy due to the massive size of the hinges on the tray, the food when made was probably ok but after flying from the UK first found gravy in chicken dinner all dried out. All large gentlemen around me were also complaining about the leg room and tempers became evident as the ignorant people sitting in front who think they must put their seats in a reclined position for a three hour flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  12 September 2012 by H Cross-Costello    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Las Vegas return with my family (2 adults, 3 children) and I have to say I was worried about the flight after reading some reviews of Thomas Cook, but my family and I were thoroughly satisfied with the service provided. The food was good on both flights, the staff were nice and dealt with an argument between passengers quickly and efficiently. Only complaints were delays both on the inbound and outbound journeys, but this was due to the previous passengers leaving the plane. The in flight entertainment wasn't brilliant but I think that was because of my anxiety during the flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  12 September 2012 by J Bonsor    (UK)

We travelled from Gatwick to Hurghada, Egypt at the end of August 2012. I am 6' 4", with very long legs, and the legroom on this ageing 757 was simply unacceptable. My knees had to squeeze into the gap either side of the seat in front where the arm rest mechanism is, often getting trapped as people moved the rest up or down. I had an aisle seat on both outward and return journeys, but could not raise my arm rest to stretch my legs into the aisle, although people on the other side of the plane could! There was simply no button for me to lift it. Extra legroom seats where of course available for a fee (30!) but these were not available to book in advance online. When I walked past the seats on the plane they were full of pretty short people looking very comfortable indeed! I see this as direct discrimination against the tall, I can't control it so why should I have to sit in utter agony for 5.5 hours because you're too tight to add a few inches more leg room to your flights? The return journey was very warm onboard, I asked 4 times if there was any chance the temperature could be turned down slightly, along with several other passengers. I was told by the stewardess that "a couple of people have been saying it's too cold so we can hardly make it colder just for you can we?" Give them a blanket! Overall shockingly bad, never again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  31 August 2012 by N Kenny    (UK)

Flew Gatwick to Larnaca - awful experience. Nine and a half hour delay due to faults, when we arrived at larnaca we were then told our luggage had not flown with us. Can't believe there is no entertainment on a four hour flight. Airplane cramped and very old on outward bound. On return - on time but only one working toilet.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  31 August 2012 by P Shoesmith    (UK)

Manchester-Corfu-Manchester. Having pre-booked additional legroom seats, arrived at airport at 5am (2 hours ahead of flight) to be told that the flight was split onto two planes, no additional legroom seats available on the first one to leave, so we could sit several rows apart or travel at least 4 hours later on the second plane. Our tickets included meals but the cabin crew tried to pass us by without giving us the meal we had paid for until asked, and did not appear to believe that we had booked them. Return flight was better, though again had to ask for meals. Customer service experience on return was far worse, including being offered a voucher with Thomas Cook holidays (which we had not booked through) rather than offering to reimburse the 60 that the pre-booked seats had cost. No contact information on their website, and was cut off 5 times when calling the only number I had, and then 15 minute average wait on hold before customer service answered. Finally have been promised a reimbursement cheque, but nothing above the amount we paid.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2012 by R Montgomery    (UK)

CWL-PFO-CWL. My expectations were low but I came out of the experience pleasantly surprised. Without exception the crew were personable and interacted well with passengers. On time departure from CWL and return arrived 30 minutes early. Pre-booked in-flight catering which was flavoursome and served its purpose. Aircraft clean and did not feel too cramped. Seems my experience is not typical but perhaps the team operating out of Cardiff could give the rest of the Thomas Cook network a lesson or two.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  31 August 2012 by Robert Graves    (UK)

Gatwick to Crete in August and were pleasantly surprised with Thomas Cook, especially after the negative reviews. They seem to be really listening to customers and we can't fault them, everything was smooth, on time, comfortable (certainly no less so than any other budget flight) and the food was worth every penny. Only negative was on the return leg, Heraklion airport is tiny and stuffed with English tourists this time of year. This isn't Thomas Cook's fault though and there was a small army of cheerful reps ready to help and marshal the queues.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2012 by A Dempster    (Jersey)

Having booked with Thomas Cook (flight only) to Dalaman, I was expecting the worse after reading the reviews. Left on time from Gatwick, seats fine for a short flight, staff really friendly, food good. On our return we had a tight connection to Jersey, flight arrived 30mins earlier than expected. Staff were pleasant and once again food good. No entertainment but really not a problem. Overall experience very good.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2012 by M Wright    (UK)

Newcastle-Antalya return. Aircraft old but clean. Did not have a meal. Flights early both ways. Cabin crew polite and friendly, (unlike Thomson Airways). All in all a good flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  24 August 2012 by J Embling    (UK)

LBA-LPA-LBA. Check-in was hassle free. Boarded quick and efficient. Away off stand 5 minutes early. Breakfast was standard, typical airline food. No entertainment meant we had to use our own entertainment devices (iPods etc). Arrived 10 minutes early. Inbound flight was exactly the same however the food was a 5/5! Chicken dinner or beef and mash. Cabin crew professional.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  24 August 2012 by L Chimes    (UK)

We flew to Cancun and back from Gatwick in August. Flight was on time, the seat pitch huge (even my 6ft 2' boyfriend and leg room) and the cabin crew and flight deck crew were great. We have two rounds of drinks services on the way out, one on the way back (which you have to pay for) one main meal (we opted for sausage and mash) which came with a roll, crackers, cheese and a hot drink. The snack was a scone with jam and clotted cream! Each seat had its own TV and there was a wide choice of entertainment. There is also a camera on the font of the plane so you can watch the whole flight from the flight decks point of view. We were kept informed by the pilot throughout the flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  22 August 2012 by P Porter    (UK)

Dreadful experience - Gatwick to Hurghada and back - very dated 757 that was scruffy and dirty and the seat pitch was extremely cramped (I am only 5 feet 11 inches tall) and it reminded me of the awful charter flights of the 1980's. No in-flight entertainment of any sort and the 'James Martin' meals were unappealing stodge. Cabin crew were either oblivious or didn't care that passengers were getting very drunk from drinking alcohol that they had carried onboard with them. Even budget airlines give a better flying experience.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 August 2012 by Sam Nicol    (Belgium)

Flew in May this year, Brussels-Kos. Flight there 'ok', old plane though very dated and cramped, paid for food and was not worth it at all. Flight back was a night flight and having booked a direct flight we ended up having to stop over in Crete, actually had to get off the plane for an hour! However our holiday in Kos was wonderful so we booked another one and are going back in two weeks 27th Aug, thought we would give Thomas Cook another shot. Got our flight documents through and the airline has changed our return flights by 10 hours earlier! I wouldn't mind but I could of booked for 8 nights (instead of 9) and had 8 days instead of 9 and would have paid 200 euro's less. Who on earth would not be a least a 'little' miffed at losing the whole last day? We will have to leave at 10 am instead of 10pm. Thomas Cook this is the last time!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 August 2012 by I Driscoll    (UK)

TCX 1542 on June 30 was delayed for over 4 hours as a baggage handler drove into the rear door of the plan. This happened at 3am and when we checked in at 4.30 we were not told, there was no announcement in departure lounge. Finally spoke to a representative at about 6.30 who said the plane had technical issues and to wait until 9am for the next bit of information. At 9.30 we were given GBP 6.50 voucher per person for food and told to come back at 11am. I only found out the nature of the delay after insisting on speaking to the duty manager. When on board (757-200) leg room not even big enough for my 18 month old daughter who continued to kick the seat in front. Same on the way back. Not impressed and will do everything possible to avoid TCX in the future.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  13 August 2012 by C Gough    (UK)

Manchester to Palma return. Thomas Cook really need to give up on their 757's unreliable, dated and grubby. Flying used to be pleasurable. I will not re-book with TC whilst they continue to fly these aircraft. Would also comment that their check in online service is a joke. The queue for baggage drop took longer than those checking in at the terminal 6 check in desks and one baggage drop. To make matters worse they tore up the boarding cards I had printed to replace the with smaller ones for my convenience.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  10 August 2012 by Patricia Bramley    (Cyprus)

Cyprus from Birmingham on 7th August 2012. Cabin crew, as always, first class. Flight delayed 5+hours - a technical fault, the captain emerged from his cockpit to give a face-to-face explanation as to what had happened. One problem I encountered with booking over the Internet - I purchased the inclusive 'bundle' but found it impossible to add an extra 5kg online. Told by customer services it was a fault in the programme, but 3 weeks later this still had not been attended to. A further problem I have Airlines is trying to discover which days they fly from Paphos to East Midlands/Birmingham and return during Summer and Winter seasons. When I try to book a flight for a certain date I am usually told no flights available, but it would be extremely helpful if they could offer something close to that date or that airport. If it were not so difficult to book I would use them much, much more. I really think they have a good product - once I am on the plane!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  8 August 2012 by Charlie Wooding    (UK)

MAN-IBZ-MAN. Had a 2 week holiday in Ibiza with Thomas Cook, and was left overly impressed by everything, considering the horror that we had last time with them. Flights were excellent, Cabin Crew on the way back were excellent! Seat comfort was adequate, a little hard, but apart from that, excellent. We were delayed by 40 mins on the flight home, but not Thomas Cook's fault. Two bags un-accounted for was the problem, but there wasn't one because we arrived only 20 minutes later than scheduled! Excellent service from TCX overall, 10/10.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  8 August 2012 by N Hardie    (UK)

We went on a holiday to Kos, Greece between 19th July and 2nd August flying from Gatwick Airport. Not much leg space at all. We decided to buy in-flight meals as we have small children. Never again. They served the hot meals 2 hours after take off, first passing with drinks for anybody else, magazine, headphones for in- flight entertainment that you have to pay for! We could live with it on the outbound flight as it was the afternoon but coming back the flight was at 8pm. As soon as I boarded, I went straight to the crew manager asking to serve at least kids meals before starting with anything else as they were tired, hungry and it would be too late for their dinner waiting for 2 hours. Big smile on, he said sure, no problem. I was so angry when they did come around 2 hours later with the meals. Do not waste your money on in-flight meals, which are not worth the money they charge! We will avoid it in the future! Flight entertainment choice was OK but TV small and quality is terrible!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 August 2012 by J Hewitt    (UK)

Dreadful flight, cramped conditions, husband 6 ft 4 had to pay extra, and be seated elsewhere from myself and our little children. Although we had paid for an in flight meal, once the flight attendant got to myself and my children, they had ran out, with ten other guests with the same misfortune. We were told that they had only put two crates of food on rather than three. I had to wait with a crying child until my meal came, and was thanked for my being patient, although this was said with a rather sarcastic tone! Passengers were classes as customers over the tannoy system, when being ordered to use the correct toilet, and the pilot spoke to us passengers twice.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2012 by R Peters    (UK)

Only now do I realise our so called one off "adventure" is in fact a regular occurrence and many people have had the same experience. Do not fly Thomas Cook until they take their ailing older 757 aeroplanes out of service due to continually having technical faults and operational difficulties. Flight from Mahon to LGW, 16th July 2012 departed on time 10.25 am. 15 minutes prior to landing our Captain announced that weather conditions at Gatwick had deteriorated rapidly and we could not land, diverted to CDG Airport Paris. Later told our plane had a technical fault and our de-icer wasn't working, therefore we couldn't land. Sat on the runway for more than 4 hours. Food and drinks could not be bought as the provisions were on a timer. Crew were exceptionally good given the circumstances. It took hours to get steps to the plane before doors could open and air could filter into the oven like interior. Engineers had to fly from the UK and work through the night. Eventually offloaded and sent to the terminal. Tried to get alternative flights home but none available except Air France to Heathrow at 395 euros pp, our car was parked at Gatwick. A meal voucher was issued for dinner and breakfast in several sittings. We had to get up at 4am to return to the terminal for our flight to LGW. We were met by Thomas Cook reps and given a letter of apology!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2012 by K Roberts    (UK)

I flew from Gatwick to Larnaca. I have never had a worse flight in my entire life (except the return journey). There was absolutely no room to move in the seat, I am quite tall (5 ft 10") and my knees where jammed up against the seat in front for over 4 hours. The extra legroom seats where taken so I had to put up with being in a cramped, cold plane with no way of sleeping at 2.30 am. I will not be using Thomas Cook again, unless their planes are updated.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2012 by Mason Murray    (UK)

Flew on the 15th of June from Glasgow Intl. as the start of a 2 week holiday to Tenerife South. The check in desk people were extremely helpful as we had requested a window seat for my son. We were given it and shortly went through to departures. Plane took off 5 minutes late but didn't bother anyone as the plane arrived ahead of schedule. The seats had lots of legroom as it was the new 757/300 the inflight entertainment was good. Food was lovely. Coming back the plane was the same one, we took off and arrived 25 minutes before scheduled time. It was a night time flight and was a good one, very peaceful and there were not a lot of announcements due to the time which I thought was good.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 July 2012 by E Bennett    (UK)

Travelled 6th July from East Midlands to Tenerife, after 2hrs flying we returned to Manchester airport. The pilot said a plane was waiting at Manchester to fly us straight out, got to Manchester, had to go to departure lounge, new plane not ready as it had a fault too. After 2hrs we boarded new plane, however, we had to sit on the plane again as they had not loaded the cases. We arrived at hotel Saturday at 12.30am, we left East Midlands at 12.05pm Friday lunchtime.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 July 2012 by P O'Brien    (UK)

Flew LGW to LPA and return in June/July. Aircraft B757-200. Showing age but clean and felt a generally comfortable journey. Pre booked seats on exit row (11DE) where plenty of leg room. Crew friendly, and almost too chatty but was nice to have real humans and not robots looking after us! Food tasty, new chef apparently. Recommended! Free drink with meal. Also drinks trolley for pay came round twice. Pilot announcement almost inaudible, couldn't actually hear clear works, just a muffle. No apology for 1 hour delay outbound. On time inbound. Tip: use online check in for LGW departure as there is a separate bag drop desk which was very quick. LPA check in almost painful as not clear which desk is what flight and left lot of people hovering and guessing.. All in all, excellent value, great hot food for a charter airline. Would be great if Thomas Cook put their version of premium economy on such flights. Will fly again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 July 2012 by Linda Maccorin    (UK)

We flew on Airbus 321 there were holes in the wall panels and the leg room was awful, the crew were very good though. The James Martin meal was ok, if you like that sort of thing. Would we fly with them again - no definitely not. We have always used Thomson's before and their standard is 100% better and you get in flight entertainment too.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 July 2012 by Paula McArthur-Haley    (UK)

Flew 3 May from Belfast to Lanzarote and Lanzarote to Belfast 10 May. Was informed there would be in flight entertainment for kids, don't know where they got that info from as there was no entertainment to keep a 4 year old child amused for over 4 hours. Was given the very back seats on the plane so asked if I could move a few rows forward where there was seats open with exact same leg room, was informed I could move for 10 euros per person. Plane is very small inside no legroom, and passageway is very tight. Interior is terrible and seats were stained and dirty. My seat could not even recline but staff were not interested, they are there to sell as much food, beverage and gifts as possible to passengers. Planes need upgrading. Pilot spoke twice during flight.