Thomas Cook Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  25 October 2012 by C Richards    (UK)

Manchester to Hurghada on Boeing 757-200 G-FCLH and it was the worst flight I have been on! Sat in window seat 15F. I argued at check-in that although 15F was on the side of the aircraft with windows it did not have one. Boarded the plane, seat 15F. No window! I am by no means large, neither was the 10 year old who was kicking my seat behind me which could not be helped as he also couldn't move because of the poor legroom. Aircraft was filthy. Flight time from Manchester to Hurghada is usually 5 hrs 35 mins. It was pleasing when the crew said this was to be only 5 hrs 18 mins. In truth the aircraft shut down 5 hrs 50 mins after it had first moved for the purpose of its flight. Will I fly them again? Yes but only because I need to fly home. Lookout for an identical review about Halloween time. Unless they send an A320/A321/A332/A333/B753/B763 to cover the flight instead I don't expect to be happy!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2012 by Dave Parker    (UK)

Manchester to Dalaman. Outbound flight was on time, but that is about the only positive. Aircraft was a 757-200, it was far too old! We had the two seats at the rear of the aircraft 30 C/D. The seats did not recline at all and the legroom was bad. You had to pay for pillows, blankets and headsets now. Not that the headset was any good, because the TV screens were so small and far away you couldn't see the film. Return flight was almost one hour late taking off. The aisle is so narrow that you were frequently knocked by the trolley. The main problem was the legroom, just awful.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2012 by M Waddell    (Scotland)

Glasgow-Malta return, economy class, as part of a Thomas Cook package holiday in Gozo. Outbound flight delayed 30 minutes, largely due to the police having to come on board and remove a drunk passenger. Return flight was on time. The aircraft seemed clean and well-prepared, but the legroom was pretty restricted (I'm 6'6"). Nonetheless, I found it reasonably ok for a 4 hour flight, although I wouldn't want to go on a long-haul in these conditions. Staff were friendly and helpful, and provided good service. I was particularly impressed by the way in which they dealt with the drunk passenger on the outbound flight, and by their announcement on both flights that they would sell alcohol in moderation but reserved the right to refuse it - marked contrast to another airline where we had to sit next to two obnoxious drunks whom the staff kept plying with booze. All in all, a perfectly reasonable trip, and in view of all the negative reviews that this airline has received, I thought it only appropriate to give the other side of the story.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2012 by G Buxton    (UK)

We travelled to Hurghada from Gatwick on 5th October and returned on 12th October. We had a 4 hour delay on both outward and return flights and was offered a 5 voucher on the outward journey and a couple of stale rolls on the return as compensation. The leg room was virtually non existent on the standard seats but luckily we had pre-booked long legroom seats on the way out at a cost of 30 each extra. The guy sitting next to us who had left the UK 3 weeks before had had a 6 hour delay on the outbound journey and said delay on this airline was normal! Altogether a very unpleasant experience and would never fly Thomas Cook again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2012 by M Harvey    (UK)

I flew to Hurghada from Gatwick on 5th of October. The flight was 4.5 hours late leaving (should have been 12.50, left 17.20), we received a 5 food voucher at Gatwick as compensation. The return flight was 3 hours and 26 mins late leaving (should have been 20.10, left 23.36) we received a meal box at Hurghada containing two rolls, a small carton of fruit juice and a bottle of water. The aircraft (Boeing 757/200, G-FCLJ both ways) was clean but seat space was fairly tight, two inflight movies were shown each way, the staff were polite and efficient. Passengers who asked to be seated together on the return flight were distributed randomly around the cabin. This flight from Gatwick to Hurghada and the return seems to be regularly delayed, see other posts on this board. I will be a very reluctant passenger on a Thomas Cook flight in the future.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2012 by A Cowie    (UK)

Flight out to Tenerife bearable but the return was a joke. Party of 20 blind people, no priority boarding arranged, flight back delayed then diverted to Glasgow "for operational reasons". Cabin staff unhelpful, especially manager who stated "if you have a problem see me or the captain when we land and we will call the police". Very diplomatic and calming! Waited over 2 hours for coaches then had to try and arrange homeward travel for 20 disabled travellers at midnight. Unfortunately Thomas Cook Holidays faired little better and were unhelpful and full of undelivered promises.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  10 October 2012 by J Pegg    (UK)

Having travelled to Cyprus with a large wedding party, we weren't even sat anywhere near each other on the plane. The planes were old, tatty and cramped. At Larnaca airport there was a massive queue to check in, so 4 of us decided to part with 40 Euro for express check in. We ended leaving the desk at the same time as our friends who took the long queue. When asking the reps why this is acceptable, they advised 'it's the risk you take'.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2012 by J Bradley    (UK)

This was the first (and last) time we had the misfortune of flying with Thomas Cook to Antalya in Turkey from Manchester airport on the 24th September. We were supposed to fly at 07.45am and eventually took off at 22.45 a full 15 hours late . Any information about what was happening was sporadic to say the least. When we realised we would probably arrive at our accommodation in the middle of the night we were given International Phone Cards!! Worth wait for it - 66p. !! We had to ask for food vouchers throughout the day which totalled a massive 14 per person. The whole experience was a shocking shambolic mess Oh and to add insult to injury we were also delayed one and a quarter hours on our return flight. Thomas Cook Airways your Customer Service stinks and you should be ashamed of yourselves! Never again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  9 October 2012 by P Smith    (UK)

Flew with Thomas Cook to Dalaman on 21st September, 5 hour delay going out and 3 hour delay coming home, as they were late flights we obviously lost 2 nights sleep out of a weeks holiday, the seating very tight in cabin, not very impressed as we have spent a lot of money with above over the years, and feel as a company they are letting their name and standard's slip.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2012 by E Kenny    (UK)

Booked with Thomas Cook Manchester to Tenerife South - disgraceful treatment. Following a 7 hour delay, ended up being shuffled onto a eastern european budget airline. No seat allocation, food or drink or English speaking cabin crew. No prior information or update.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  5 October 2012 by J Howfield    (UK)

Flew from Heraklion to Gatwick TCX1269, 03/10/12, 01.05am - Sat in seat 40a. Very cramped. Cabin temperature was uncomfortably warm. Food - breakfast was more like a soup. Poor service and poor value. Not booking with Thomas cook ever again!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  3 October 2012 by C Charnley    (UK)

Flew Manchester to Antalya and back. Hopefully I will never have to fly with Thomas Cook again as it was not a good experience! Flights were booked as part of a package deal. We picked this holiday because it had semi decent flight times (departing 3pm out and 10pm back). When filling in the API online I found that the flight times had been changed to departing at 7pm and 2.30 am. No communication about this from TC. Their response was 'oh you should have had a letter'. Yes I should have but I didn't! Checked in online, no queue for bag drop but told flight delayed by 3.5 hours. Then 4 hours. Finally called to gate to be told that although plane is here there is now a technical problem and we'll be updated in an hour. Bearing in mind how long people have been in airport (and some of them drinking) this does not go down well, especially as all airport facilities now shut. Eventually boarding commenced and we set off at 12.30 am. The flight was just about bearable - rock hard seats that don't recline and no seat back pouches to hold water etc. As plus point the food was good. Coming back at least we weren't delayed but you can't check in on line for the return flight. We weren't at the back of the queue and we stood in line for 1 1/4 hrs. Same rock hard seats and less leg room - we were on the same row as we flew out on and there was a noticeable difference. The only good thing I can say is at least the luggage arrived.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2012 by Malcolm Roberts    (UK)

Travelled Birmingham - Paphos return on one of their ancient 757's and have never experienced such little leg room. My wife stands 5'2" and found the seats cramped, as I had an aisle seat I spent most of the time standing on a flight lasting well over 4 hours. When the staff enquired why I was standing for so long I explained the space situation and their lack of interest was underwhelming. Never again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2012 by S Morrissey    (UK)

Quite easily the worst flying experience that I have ever had to endure. I had a flight only deal to Naples. The flight was originally due to take off at 8.30. We were then advised there was a delay until 12.30. We then turned up at the gate with a boarding card to be told we had been put on another flight that would not leave until 16.30. We actually took off at 17.30! We received 2 x 6 vouchers for our inconvenience. We also suffered a 4 hour delay coming back. Lovely. There were 2 couples who had missed connecting flights to Ireland and Scotland who then had to purchase new flights at their own cost. Thanks Thomas Cook for ruining mine and many others holiday.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2012 by A Willacy    (UK)

Flew to Rhodes from Manchester on 22nd September. 5 minutes before gate opened were told we'd have to be bussed to East Midlands. Three 52 seater coaches showed up for over 200 people. Do the maths. When at East Midlands airport flight was delayed for a further 30 minutes. Given 6 vouchers each as compensation. Didn't cover the cost of a coffee and sandwich. Flight back from Rhodes on 29th September was late by over 2 hours. Won't be flying Thomas Cook airlines again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  1 October 2012 by Teresa Smith    (UK)

Just got back from Egypt, lovely holiday except the flights. It is the last time I will fly Thomas cook. The leg room was terrible, no space at all. The service was slack, we travelled as 4 but had to sit scattered all over the plane.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  28 September 2012 by C Carr    (UK)

East Midlands to Ibiza 16th Sep returning 23rd Sep. Airbus 321 both ways. Flight left early on both trips, staff were friendly and professional and smartly turned out, vegetarian option meal was delicious on return journey but breakfast was bland. My husband is 6'4" and his leg room was much better than Thomson's 757 that we experienced last year, was able to actually get his feet on the floor unlike the 757. On this experience, would travel with TCX again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  26 September 2012 by Kayleigh Pickering    (UK)

Flew from Gatwick to Hurghada on 14/09/12 - service was not great - the inflight entertainment was terrible, the film was shown on old-style televisions and the picture quality was awful. Food was actually very good for plane-food, the leg room was laughable! I'm only 5'5" and my knees were touching the seat in front so I dread to think how it must be for those who are actually tall! The flight back into Gatwick on 25/09/12 was awful - again the leg room was awful, the food was not as good. The worst thing was the absolute lack of inflight entertainment - a 5 hour 29 minute flight with no entertainment is a absolute disgrace. Extremely disappointed - would have expected if we had flown with EasyJet or some other budget airline, but for an airline such as Thomas Cook this was completely unexpected and very disappointing! Very reluctant to book with Thomas Cook in the future and we have used them for many years.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  26 September 2012 by R Palethorpe    (UK)

We have flown Thomas Cook for may years always to Kos, this year we were due to leave Kos at 01.10 hrs but were delayed by fog. All incoming flights diverted to Rhodes or Athens, we had already given our luggage in prior to the announcement of the delay, but the Thomas Cook reps were superb, they returned our luggage, we were then transferred to a hotel and kept informed of the expected time of departure, collected and returned to the airport. On the return flight a meal was given to all passengers free of charge, we had already booked our meals but thought it was a very good gesture by the company, they did their best under very difficult circumstances. My only complaint is that they are no longer flying to Kos from EMA, and as we go there twice a year we are not looking forward having to travel to Manchester as we only live 11 miles from EMA.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  26 September 2012 by Ian Moses    (UK)

We had return flights from Glasgow to Bodrum. I doubt if the person who designed the seats and the pitch has ever had to fly in them. I would rate myself as an experienced traveler but I have never experienced such uncomfortable back breaking seats in any of my travels in addition there is no seat pocket for your personnel items books, Ipad, iPod, Mp3 player, water etc. I am afraid after this experience Thomas Cook will be my airline of last choice.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2012 by S Harris    (UK)

Flew from Gatwick to Hurghada 18/09/2012. Initially delayed by 4 hours which was annoying but not the end of the world. The real horror was to come which was the woeful state of the 757 we would travel in to Egypt. A very old plane with trim filthy or missing. The worst thing was the totally inadequate seating space (I can't bring myself to call it leg room as there was clearly no room for your legs). I am 5'8" and could barely squeeze in, the whole experience was so claustrophobic that I am dreading the return flight. The inflight entertainment was laughable with pull down black and white TVs which appear to have been acquired from a 1980's defunct coach fleet, the temperature also did not help the overall experience, although went some way to acclimatise us to the heat of Egypt. The holiday itself has been fantastic and such a shame to be so spoilt by the flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2012 by G Chapman    (UK)

Gatwick-Kalamata, out 16th Sep, returning 23rd Sept. Going out flight was much to time and smooth journey. Argument beside me when lady decided to recline her seat to dismay of person behind her who, I think, was still eating. Return journey was originally delayed 1 hour - 'due to late arrival of incoming aircraft' - then extended to approx 4 hours as the aircraft was diverted to Bulgaria to take an engineer and parts to a stranded aircraft. Kalamata airport is small so there were not enough seats and the snack bar ran out of food (eventually they opened the arrival area to accommodate us). We were updated but, beyond a complementary drink on board, little was done to alleviate the considerable inconvenience. The real drawback of flying Thos Cook is the check-in system. Unless you pay extra for an allocated seat, you cannot check-in on-line so have to join the one common queue for all their flights.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  24 September 2012 by A Frost    (UK)

Never Again. Third holiday in a row that we have flown with Thomas Cook and each time we have suffered bad delays. Last one was from Dalaman to Manchester TCX2985 on 21st Sept 2012. - 1.5 hours late returning to Manchester. Thomas Cook will be our last choice for all future holidays.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  24 September 2012 by R Cox    (UK)

BHX-CFU-BHX, 757-200 outbound 10th September. Had used online check in, so baggage drop was swift and painless. Departed on time, cabin clean and tidy, cabin crew were friendly and helpful. Seats 31E and F so plenty of legroom although the seats did feel a little narrow. In flight meal good although the gluten free meal could be a little more imaginative. Flight arrived a little early. In bound flight 17th September same aircraft and seats, departed on time. Meals good and cabin crew as good as the outward journey, flight arrived a little early. All in all a pleasant experience and one I would be happy to repeat.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2012 by Lou Sullivan    (UK)

We used Thomas Cook to fly to Tenerife. (TCX1012 and TCX1013). I am shocked that I can honestly say that I have used 2 other low cost companies, and had much better experience than the one I have had this week. I found on flight staff incredibly rude, unapproachable and miserable. I am 5ft 4 and my poor other half is 5ft 11, and we were rammed in behind people who reclined their seats (how can there be room for reclining seats when you can't even put arm rest up properly or have enough space to sit comfortably?). This happened on our way out and back! On our way back to Gatwick we had a four hour delay. So our 19.20pm flight didn't leave until 23.20pm. As we were both so uncomfortable neither of us could sleep on plane. So by the time we got to Gatwick at 2:45am we had both been awake for 19hours and had to drive 2 hours to get home. This was such a downer to our Holiday. Will never fly Thomas Cook again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2012 by C Pritchard    (UK)

10 Sep, LGW-AYT. On time, comfortable seats with plenty of legroom (A330) and tasty inflight meal. Friendly and helpful crew. 17 Sep, AYT-LGW. On time, with good inflight meal and efficient crew but the worst legroom I have ever experienced (B757), 4 plus hours of extreme discomfort, unable to move legs and sat so far back in the seat that I was sat on the metal cross-bar. Would/could never fly Thomas Cook again unless could guarantee plane type.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2012 by P Conlon    (UK)

Outbound. 6th September 2012. 7 hour delay. Very poor updates of flight status to passengers. 4.00 voucher given to each person for food and drink - this didn't go anywhere near covering the cost. I got crackers and cheese and some melon that came to 8.20. Inbound. 1.50pm, 13th Sep 2012 from Zante to Manchester. Staff were professional and polite.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2012 by John Kirkpatrick    (UK)

Gatwick to Hurghada 7th Sep and 14th Sep, without doubt the worst flight for many years. Not for the service but seats and lack of leg room. At 6'4, like many of the other comments, the pitch of the seat left me with my knees against the arms rests on the seat in front. After an hour pins and needles set in for the next 4 + hrs. I don't know how the company can get away with this. All of us comparing notes when we got off. One thing to note the flight was good leaving on time and the staff all very great. The flight wasn't cheap but disgraceful.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2012 by Pat Conlon    (UK)

Outbound, 6th Sep to Zante. 7 hour delay. Minimal information. Wrong gate on screen when boarding announced, had to set off again to another gate. Food voucher of 4.00 given which was not enough to buy anything decent. Inbound, 13th Sep 1.50pm. All ok apart from the attitude of 1 of the cabin crew who was arrogant and sharp in her responses to customers. Other cabin crew were professional in their manner.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 September 2012 by G Dunn    (UK)

Just returned from Crete. I am male, 5' 10" average build. The seat was extremely uncomfortable. My knees were hard up against the seat in front. It was a night flight but absolutely impossible to even relax let alone snooze. I will never fly them again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  14 September 2012 by D Huggett    (UK)

Gatwick to Dalaman and back on A330 wide body. Hour delay on outbound flight but when gate was announced, boarding was very fast indeed. Aircraft clean and seat had lots of leg room but was hindered slightly by video box under seat. One film to watch whilst eating breakfast was OK. Crew serving me were rubbish and seemed robotic and couldn't really care less. On return, flight departed on time, crew were a lot better. Half the toilets were not working so queues built up quickly. Food good, film rubbish but landed 20 minutes early. All in all a pretty good experience.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  12 September 2012 by D Winship    (UK)

Have just returned from Kefalonia with Thomas Cook in a 757 aircraft and have to say I have never encountered or endured so much discomfort from a seat. I am 6ft tall and weigh 16 stones and was by no means the largest person on this particular flight. I just managed to fit in the seat and found that my knees were pressed hard against the seat in front with my legs apart. I paid for an inflight meal but was unable to eat it properly as the tray came down against my tummy due to the massive size of the hinges on the tray, the food when made was probably ok but after flying from the UK first found gravy in chicken dinner all dried out. All large gentlemen around me were also complaining about the leg room and tempers became evident as the ignorant people sitting in front who think they must put their seats in a reclined position for a three hour flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  12 September 2012 by H Cross-Costello    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Las Vegas return with my family (2 adults, 3 children) and I have to say I was worried about the flight after reading some reviews of Thomas Cook, but my family and I were thoroughly satisfied with the service provided. The food was good on both flights, the staff were nice and dealt with an argument between passengers quickly and efficiently. Only complaints were delays both on the inbound and outbound journeys, but this was due to the previous passengers leaving the plane. The in flight entertainment wasn't brilliant but I think that was because of my anxiety during the flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  12 September 2012 by J Bonsor    (UK)

We travelled from Gatwick to Hurghada, Egypt at the end of August 2012. I am 6' 4", with very long legs, and the legroom on this ageing 757 was simply unacceptable. My knees had to squeeze into the gap either side of the seat in front where the arm rest mechanism is, often getting trapped as people moved the rest up or down. I had an aisle seat on both outward and return journeys, but could not raise my arm rest to stretch my legs into the aisle, although people on the other side of the plane could! There was simply no button for me to lift it. Extra legroom seats where of course available for a fee (30!) but these were not available to book in advance online. When I walked past the seats on the plane they were full of pretty short people looking very comfortable indeed! I see this as direct discrimination against the tall, I can't control it so why should I have to sit in utter agony for 5.5 hours because you're too tight to add a few inches more leg room to your flights? The return journey was very warm onboard, I asked 4 times if there was any chance the temperature could be turned down slightly, along with several other passengers. I was told by the stewardess that "a couple of people have been saying it's too cold so we can hardly make it colder just for you can we?" Give them a blanket! Overall shockingly bad, never again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  31 August 2012 by N Kenny    (UK)

Flew Gatwick to Larnaca - awful experience. Nine and a half hour delay due to faults, when we arrived at larnaca we were then told our luggage had not flown with us. Can't believe there is no entertainment on a four hour flight. Airplane cramped and very old on outward bound. On return - on time but only one working toilet.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  31 August 2012 by P Shoesmith    (UK)

Manchester-Corfu-Manchester. Having pre-booked additional legroom seats, arrived at airport at 5am (2 hours ahead of flight) to be told that the flight was split onto two planes, no additional legroom seats available on the first one to leave, so we could sit several rows apart or travel at least 4 hours later on the second plane. Our tickets included meals but the cabin crew tried to pass us by without giving us the meal we had paid for until asked, and did not appear to believe that we had booked them. Return flight was better, though again had to ask for meals. Customer service experience on return was far worse, including being offered a voucher with Thomas Cook holidays (which we had not booked through) rather than offering to reimburse the 60 that the pre-booked seats had cost. No contact information on their website, and was cut off 5 times when calling the only number I had, and then 15 minute average wait on hold before customer service answered. Finally have been promised a reimbursement cheque, but nothing above the amount we paid.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2012 by R Montgomery    (UK)

CWL-PFO-CWL. My expectations were low but I came out of the experience pleasantly surprised. Without exception the crew were personable and interacted well with passengers. On time departure from CWL and return arrived 30 minutes early. Pre-booked in-flight catering which was flavoursome and served its purpose. Aircraft clean and did not feel too cramped. Seems my experience is not typical but perhaps the team operating out of Cardiff could give the rest of the Thomas Cook network a lesson or two.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  31 August 2012 by Robert Graves    (UK)

Gatwick to Crete in August and were pleasantly surprised with Thomas Cook, especially after the negative reviews. They seem to be really listening to customers and we can't fault them, everything was smooth, on time, comfortable (certainly no less so than any other budget flight) and the food was worth every penny. Only negative was on the return leg, Heraklion airport is tiny and stuffed with English tourists this time of year. This isn't Thomas Cook's fault though and there was a small army of cheerful reps ready to help and marshal the queues.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2012 by A Dempster    (Jersey)

Having booked with Thomas Cook (flight only) to Dalaman, I was expecting the worse after reading the reviews. Left on time from Gatwick, seats fine for a short flight, staff really friendly, food good. On our return we had a tight connection to Jersey, flight arrived 30mins earlier than expected. Staff were pleasant and once again food good. No entertainment but really not a problem. Overall experience very good.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2012 by M Wright    (UK)

Newcastle-Antalya return. Aircraft old but clean. Did not have a meal. Flights early both ways. Cabin crew polite and friendly, (unlike Thomson Airways). All in all a good flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  24 August 2012 by J Embling    (UK)

LBA-LPA-LBA. Check-in was hassle free. Boarded quick and efficient. Away off stand 5 minutes early. Breakfast was standard, typical airline food. No entertainment meant we had to use our own entertainment devices (iPods etc). Arrived 10 minutes early. Inbound flight was exactly the same however the food was a 5/5! Chicken dinner or beef and mash. Cabin crew professional.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  24 August 2012 by L Chimes    (UK)

We flew to Cancun and back from Gatwick in August. Flight was on time, the seat pitch huge (even my 6ft 2' boyfriend and leg room) and the cabin crew and flight deck crew were great. We have two rounds of drinks services on the way out, one on the way back (which you have to pay for) one main meal (we opted for sausage and mash) which came with a roll, crackers, cheese and a hot drink. The snack was a scone with jam and clotted cream! Each seat had its own TV and there was a wide choice of entertainment. There is also a camera on the font of the plane so you can watch the whole flight from the flight decks point of view. We were kept informed by the pilot throughout the flight.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  22 August 2012 by P Porter    (UK)

Dreadful experience - Gatwick to Hurghada and back - very dated 757 that was scruffy and dirty and the seat pitch was extremely cramped (I am only 5 feet 11 inches tall) and it reminded me of the awful charter flights of the 1980's. No in-flight entertainment of any sort and the 'James Martin' meals were unappealing stodge. Cabin crew were either oblivious or didn't care that passengers were getting very drunk from drinking alcohol that they had carried onboard with them. Even budget airlines give a better flying experience.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 August 2012 by Sam Nicol    (Belgium)

Flew in May this year, Brussels-Kos. Flight there 'ok', old plane though very dated and cramped, paid for food and was not worth it at all. Flight back was a night flight and having booked a direct flight we ended up having to stop over in Crete, actually had to get off the plane for an hour! However our holiday in Kos was wonderful so we booked another one and are going back in two weeks 27th Aug, thought we would give Thomas Cook another shot. Got our flight documents through and the airline has changed our return flights by 10 hours earlier! I wouldn't mind but I could of booked for 8 nights (instead of 9) and had 8 days instead of 9 and would have paid 200 euro's less. Who on earth would not be a least a 'little' miffed at losing the whole last day? We will have to leave at 10 am instead of 10pm. Thomas Cook this is the last time!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 August 2012 by I Driscoll    (UK)

TCX 1542 on June 30 was delayed for over 4 hours as a baggage handler drove into the rear door of the plan. This happened at 3am and when we checked in at 4.30 we were not told, there was no announcement in departure lounge. Finally spoke to a representative at about 6.30 who said the plane had technical issues and to wait until 9am for the next bit of information. At 9.30 we were given GBP 6.50 voucher per person for food and told to come back at 11am. I only found out the nature of the delay after insisting on speaking to the duty manager. When on board (757-200) leg room not even big enough for my 18 month old daughter who continued to kick the seat in front. Same on the way back. Not impressed and will do everything possible to avoid TCX in the future.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  13 August 2012 by C Gough    (UK)

Manchester to Palma return. Thomas Cook really need to give up on their 757's unreliable, dated and grubby. Flying used to be pleasurable. I will not re-book with TC whilst they continue to fly these aircraft. Would also comment that their check in online service is a joke. The queue for baggage drop took longer than those checking in at the terminal 6 check in desks and one baggage drop. To make matters worse they tore up the boarding cards I had printed to replace the with smaller ones for my convenience.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  10 August 2012 by Patricia Bramley    (Cyprus)

Cyprus from Birmingham on 7th August 2012. Cabin crew, as always, first class. Flight delayed 5+hours - a technical fault, the captain emerged from his cockpit to give a face-to-face explanation as to what had happened. One problem I encountered with booking over the Internet - I purchased the inclusive 'bundle' but found it impossible to add an extra 5kg online. Told by customer services it was a fault in the programme, but 3 weeks later this still had not been attended to. A further problem I have Airlines is trying to discover which days they fly from Paphos to East Midlands/Birmingham and return during Summer and Winter seasons. When I try to book a flight for a certain date I am usually told no flights available, but it would be extremely helpful if they could offer something close to that date or that airport. If it were not so difficult to book I would use them much, much more. I really think they have a good product - once I am on the plane!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  8 August 2012 by Charlie Wooding    (UK)

MAN-IBZ-MAN. Had a 2 week holiday in Ibiza with Thomas Cook, and was left overly impressed by everything, considering the horror that we had last time with them. Flights were excellent, Cabin Crew on the way back were excellent! Seat comfort was adequate, a little hard, but apart from that, excellent. We were delayed by 40 mins on the flight home, but not Thomas Cook's fault. Two bags un-accounted for was the problem, but there wasn't one because we arrived only 20 minutes later than scheduled! Excellent service from TCX overall, 10/10.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  8 August 2012 by N Hardie    (UK)

We went on a holiday to Kos, Greece between 19th July and 2nd August flying from Gatwick Airport. Not much leg space at all. We decided to buy in-flight meals as we have small children. Never again. They served the hot meals 2 hours after take off, first passing with drinks for anybody else, magazine, headphones for in- flight entertainment that you have to pay for! We could live with it on the outbound flight as it was the afternoon but coming back the flight was at 8pm. As soon as I boarded, I went straight to the crew manager asking to serve at least kids meals before starting with anything else as they were tired, hungry and it would be too late for their dinner waiting for 2 hours. Big smile on, he said sure, no problem. I was so angry when they did come around 2 hours later with the meals. Do not waste your money on in-flight meals, which are not worth the money they charge! We will avoid it in the future! Flight entertainment choice was OK but TV small and quality is terrible!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  2 August 2012 by J Hewitt    (UK)

Dreadful flight, cramped conditions, husband 6 ft 4 had to pay extra, and be seated elsewhere from myself and our little children. Although we had paid for an in flight meal, once the flight attendant got to myself and my children, they had ran out, with ten other guests with the same misfortune. We were told that they had only put two crates of food on rather than three. I had to wait with a crying child until my meal came, and was thanked for my being patient, although this was said with a rather sarcastic tone! Passengers were classes as customers over the tannoy system, when being ordered to use the correct toilet, and the pilot spoke to us passengers twice.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2012 by R Peters    (UK)

Only now do I realise our so called one off "adventure" is in fact a regular occurrence and many people have had the same experience. Do not fly Thomas Cook until they take their ailing older 757 aeroplanes out of service due to continually having technical faults and operational difficulties. Flight from Mahon to LGW, 16th July 2012 departed on time 10.25 am. 15 minutes prior to landing our Captain announced that weather conditions at Gatwick had deteriorated rapidly and we could not land, diverted to CDG Airport Paris. Later told our plane had a technical fault and our de-icer wasn't working, therefore we couldn't land. Sat on the runway for more than 4 hours. Food and drinks could not be bought as the provisions were on a timer. Crew were exceptionally good given the circumstances. It took hours to get steps to the plane before doors could open and air could filter into the oven like interior. Engineers had to fly from the UK and work through the night. Eventually offloaded and sent to the terminal. Tried to get alternative flights home but none available except Air France to Heathrow at 395 euros pp, our car was parked at Gatwick. A meal voucher was issued for dinner and breakfast in several sittings. We had to get up at 4am to return to the terminal for our flight to LGW. We were met by Thomas Cook reps and given a letter of apology!

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2012 by K Roberts    (UK)

I flew from Gatwick to Larnaca. I have never had a worse flight in my entire life (except the return journey). There was absolutely no room to move in the seat, I am quite tall (5 ft 10") and my knees where jammed up against the seat in front for over 4 hours. The extra legroom seats where taken so I had to put up with being in a cramped, cold plane with no way of sleeping at 2.30 am. I will not be using Thomas Cook again, unless their planes are updated.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2012 by Mason Murray    (UK)

Flew on the 15th of June from Glasgow Intl. as the start of a 2 week holiday to Tenerife South. The check in desk people were extremely helpful as we had requested a window seat for my son. We were given it and shortly went through to departures. Plane took off 5 minutes late but didn't bother anyone as the plane arrived ahead of schedule. The seats had lots of legroom as it was the new 757/300 the inflight entertainment was good. Food was lovely. Coming back the plane was the same one, we took off and arrived 25 minutes before scheduled time. It was a night time flight and was a good one, very peaceful and there were not a lot of announcements due to the time which I thought was good.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 July 2012 by E Bennett    (UK)

Travelled 6th July from East Midlands to Tenerife, after 2hrs flying we returned to Manchester airport. The pilot said a plane was waiting at Manchester to fly us straight out, got to Manchester, had to go to departure lounge, new plane not ready as it had a fault too. After 2hrs we boarded new plane, however, we had to sit on the plane again as they had not loaded the cases. We arrived at hotel Saturday at 12.30am, we left East Midlands at 12.05pm Friday lunchtime.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 July 2012 by P O'Brien    (UK)

Flew LGW to LPA and return in June/July. Aircraft B757-200. Showing age but clean and felt a generally comfortable journey. Pre booked seats on exit row (11DE) where plenty of leg room. Crew friendly, and almost too chatty but was nice to have real humans and not robots looking after us! Food tasty, new chef apparently. Recommended! Free drink with meal. Also drinks trolley for pay came round twice. Pilot announcement almost inaudible, couldn't actually hear clear works, just a muffle. No apology for 1 hour delay outbound. On time inbound. Tip: use online check in for LGW departure as there is a separate bag drop desk which was very quick. LPA check in almost painful as not clear which desk is what flight and left lot of people hovering and guessing.. All in all, excellent value, great hot food for a charter airline. Would be great if Thomas Cook put their version of premium economy on such flights. Will fly again.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 July 2012 by Linda Maccorin    (UK)

We flew on Airbus 321 there were holes in the wall panels and the leg room was awful, the crew were very good though. The James Martin meal was ok, if you like that sort of thing. Would we fly with them again - no definitely not. We have always used Thomson's before and their standard is 100% better and you get in flight entertainment too.

Thomas Cook Airlines Customer review :  17 July 2012 by Paula McArthur-Haley    (UK)

Flew 3 May from Belfast to Lanzarote and Lanzarote to Belfast 10 May. Was informed there would be in flight entertainment for kids, don't know where they got that info from as there was no entertainment to keep a 4 year old child amused for over 4 hours. Was given the very back seats on the plane so asked if I could move a few rows forward where there was seats open with exact same leg room, was informed I could move for 10 euros per person. Plane is very small inside no legroom, and passageway is very tight. Interior is terrible and seats were stained and dirty. My seat could not even recline but staff were not interested, they are there to sell as much food, beverage and gifts as possible to passengers. Planes need upgrading. Pilot spoke twice during flight.