Thomson Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Thomson Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by E Fitzsimmons    (UK)

Premium

This was the first time we flew the Dreamliner and was lucky enough to be sitting in the premium cabin at the front. Firstly many thanks to the cabin crew who were the best we have flown with. Nothing was too much for them and we never went without a drink or a friendly smile. The Dreamliner was brilliant and we cannot wait to go back on one. The flight (8 hours) seemed like a short haul flight - no tiredness as the pressurised air in the cabin is one of the best (extra oxygen). Plenty of seat space and leg room - head height was very high and didn't at all feel cramped at any time. The food was great! Fantastic overall.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by E McAvoy    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Gran Canaria (10.07.14) and my husband and I thought we were in a cattle market, far too cramped and uncomfortable, interior was dirty, Thomson crew spent too much time gossiping on personal issues and did not appear to be interested in the passengers during service, safety brief (via monitor) very lazy idea, does not work, return journey (18.07.14) exactly the same however staff wore different uniforms and again limited attention to passengers, more interested in gossiping yet again. Positive note: captain of the plane honest and attentive with minor problems landing on both outward and inward flight and also bag drop off section the staff were lovely, we bought this holiday very late and expected possible issues with hotel etc, what we were not expecting was to complaining about what we thought was a reputable flight company.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by A Smithson    (UK)

TOM024. Supposed to fly Premium club on Dreamliner to Montego Bay on 25/06. Told at check in there was a plane change but still would get Premium etc. On arrival at gate told no premium, as reviewer below said - put on an old 767 with only minimum leg room, lack of toilets. Crew were OK but inflight entertainment poor - only two new films on a ten hour flight. Still awaiting my promised Premium club refund. Never again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Dennis Haggett    (UK)

Premium

Travelled to the Dominican Republic on 25 May 14, premium cabin seats 1g and 1j on the Dreamliner both ways. These seats yes had more than adequate leg room but that's all, not comfortable the recline is not adequate, very worn out for such a new plane, TV screens lose and dirty. This plane really has not a lot to offer and all the hype given to it is not justified. The food choices both ways ran out so you didn't get what you preferred to eat, drinks selections again ran out. There were people coming through from economy to use the toilets in premium and staff weren't able or bothered to prevent this which meant that there were lines of people waiting. To top everything off on the inbound flight on the 8th June to Gatwick there was no water, so no hot drinks or hand wash facilities, in all this was supposed to be an experience for my partner who had never flown long haul to remember. It certainly turned out that way for all the wrong reasons and was not worth the near 600 it cost for the upgrade. Never would I recommend upgrading to anyone and in fact will never use Thomson again no customer support or service when we raised our concerns with them. If you have the chance use anther company.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by C Cazaam    (UK)

Ironically, I went on a Thomas Cook holiday to Costa Adeje in Tenerife, but flew both ways with Thomson. I don't have a clue why this is the case but it's beyond the point of this review. My review here is of my flight back to EMA. It was a little cramped in the seats (I'm over 6' so to be expected) I'm no stranger to my legs being cramped. That's why I reserved an aisle seat where I could get my legs into a more comfortable position which they did follow through on so that's a good thing. The cabin crew were a bit lazy on this flight back which was over night so instead of doing the airline safety demonstration themselves, they decided to instead bring down the screens and showed a video of a 5 year old girl run through it. The video wasn't anything good, just the same malarkey that you hear every damn flight. The flight though was pretty bland, 4 hours without any real entertainment to pass the monotony and I was instead using my tablet for the whole flight (I turned off the Wifi so don't think I'm stupid like that) which did help, but I found myself still just wanting to get the flight over with. The food aboard was like any other. Snacks and drinks always the same but they did have some hot meals. Too bad they tasted cheap and I heard someone complaining of heartburn when they ate their meal. Still, the price paid to fly was decent and the seats were somewhat comfortable, (it would be a 5 if not for the horrible armrest which wouldn't lift and kept digging into my elbow) The seats did recline which is a positive and some people could sleep pretty easily. Not me, I can't get to sleep on any plane, doesn't matter how tired I am.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by A Edon    (UK)

Tom 2200, 8th July, MAN-JSI (Skiathos) on B757. Plane took off on time, fairly clean, but showing its age. Cabin crew ok but did the minimum and pulled the curtain across blocking the use of front toilet. Note to cabin crew, its a curtain and not a wall, you can hear everything they say. Return Tom 2201, 22 July, JSI-MAN again on B757. Cabin Manager loved the sound off her own voice, never off PA system! Plane clean but again past its sell by date, looks good from outside though. Very bumpy on return and again Cabin Manager serving drinks at 2 pax at a time, ok as in turbulence, but after 15 mins no turbulence but continued to serve drinks at 2 pax at a time? We had Britannia Airways free headphones / free entertainment / free newspapers / cabin staff that loved their jobs, now we have Thomson / First Choice. Pay for everything, Tea / Coffee / seats, constant use of PA, selling this and that. 1 drinks service on both flights but all hot food is cooked, and what's left (huge amount I saw) is thrown away. Can Thomson really afford to throw it all away on every flight! Can we please have cabin crew who look like they enjoy their job, more face to face contact, rather than look above. A better uniform would look great too, some of the shirts looked very creased.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by A Byrne    (UK)

Travelled in Premium Economy on the Dreamliner on 15th May 2014 from Manchester to Puerto Vallarta, Angel of the Skies on the way out and Alfie on the return. We were lucky enough to get seats 1G+J on both legs of the journey so had lots of legroom. The seat was comfortable as long as you only wanted to sit and relax but it was extremely uncomfortable for sleeping. The footrest is a complete waste of time and quite dangerous as it doesn't go up high enough and therefore pressure is on the lower leg which can't be good when you're flying for 11+ hours. The armrests were very shabby and quite loose, the TV unit was also wobbly and dirty although it did work well and was responsive. Considering the plane is not very old it's starting to look quite worn and untidy, it wasn't very clean on either journey. The crew on the outward journey were a bit miserable and not very forthcoming with drinks, the return crew were much better although there was very little choice of drinks left and even less items to purchase onboard. Obviously we had no problems getting out of the seats in Row 1 and we couldn't guarantee getting those seats each time so unless the seats are changed I don't think I'd waste my money travelling in premium again in the future. It could be so good with just a few tweaks here and there, overall ok but a little disappointed. The positive aspects were reduced jet lag, very quiet and a great sense of space due to the height of the cabin.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by S Broadbent    (UK)

Premium

Flew premium to Mexico, 26th April 2014. Flight out food, service, drinks and seat pitch fantastic, return flight 10th May 2014, food disgusting and inedible, my husband called it slop. One drink the whole 9.5 hour flight, seat pitch no more than you would get on normal economy, flight back was on very old tired interior plane, trays didn't work, had to hold with your hand or knee as food and drinks would have fallen off. Don't bother booking and paying for premium on return flights from Mexico.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by A Davis    (UK)

TOM7238, BHX-KGS, 01/07/2014. Waited in a line for one hour due to a missing crew member who came strolling down like she didn't have a care in the world. Only to get onboard to be told we had another 30 minute wait due to missing our slot. Once we finally got into the air the crew did a chaotic drinks service which seemed rushed and unorganised. It must have become all too much for three of the crew as they decided to take a seats in row one for 20/25 minutes taking about their children. Just before landing one of the crew members did the most pathetic congratulation to a just married couple I have ever heard, she even put the tannoy down before finishing the sentence. The return flight (TOM7239, 08/07/14) at least had crew that seemed interested and actually interacted with the customers.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Evelyn Petrie    (UK)

Premium

We travelled from Newcastle to Mexico on the 23 June 2014 for two weeks, we were told it would be the Dreamliner, it was not. We had booked premier seats on the direct flight. After we boarded we were told we had to fly to Manchester to stock up with fuel and food and a new crew, an hour down and an hour on the ground at Manchester, two hours more to a ten hour flight. Coming back on 8th July, no drinks on board. Crew spent all the time sitting at front speaking.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by William Walker    (UK)

Premium

TOM670, Glasgow to Punta Cana. Wife and I went premium for the first time, will not be the last. Seats 1A, 1C brill, service from staff both ways excellent, food good enough to eat although not quite enough. Punta Cana airport a complete disaster, no organisation whatsoever, not the fault of Thomson. Will be using this service in the future.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Sally Ben    (UK)

TOM719, Agadir to Stansted. The crew on this night flight stampeded along the aisle like a herd of elephants. I sat in the aisle and was knocked constantly. This was magnified by the hard seats with no cushioning. They really wanted to maximise discomfort. The plane was really filthy, they did not clean between flights, I wonder if they ever do as they maximise the number of trips. They failed to order disabled assistance, as always happens, then blame someone else. This was confirmed by the lovely people who eventually came to assist. Thomson is only interested in flogging anything and everything, you're a captive audience to be sold to. There is zero service only selling. I will never use this company again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by L Bradley    (UK)

Flew on the New Dreamliner, 9th June 2014 Gatwick to Cancun, very disappointing. Yes you get a bit more leg room but that's it, plane dirty, TVS not working properly and not enough toilets for the amount of people. We were boarded at the correct time but sat on the runway for 90 minutes sweating because of a mess up and then they had the cheek to charge us for a water once in the air. I know no airlines are perfect but Thomson has been the worst airline I have flown with.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by P Dwye    (UK)

Thomson seat selection is a joke if you are traveling for more then 2 weeks. We decided to go to Florida for 28 days, Thomson seat selection policy is that you can only select seats 90 days prior to your return flight. So if you traveling for 2 weeks you get to select your seat 2 weeks before I can. When I was given the choice there was not 2 seats left together. I've tried to point this problem out over the last 6 months by phone and email without any luck, remember I paid for seat selection.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by S Mitchell    (UK)

Premium

Booked to visit Montego Bay flying on a 787 from Gatwick, when it came to boarding at Gatwick plane downgraded to a very old 767 without notice. Flight out was very poor but at least cabin crew were OK. Inbound flight was. 787 but the seating is a joke, You have to be an escapologist to get out to go to the toilet, to make matters worse this was a new plane and the TV nor reading light worked, this on a 9 hr overnight flight. Thomson have spent thousands on the 787 hype and in my case the whole flight experience in both directions was a joke. Never again Thomson, I have to work too hard for my money to waste it on very poor service.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Darryl Cartwright    (UK)

Flew from Birmingham to Palma Mallorca, 31/05/2014. We dislike the new common queue system intensely as no matter how early you arrive there is a long, snaking line of passengers for other destinations. It is now required that all passengers check in online. This saves Thomson time and the cost of ink and paper to print boarding passes. When we arrived at the airport we imagined that we would be through to security quickly as we only had to leave our cases at the baggage drop. Imagine our disappointment and annoyance to find that not only was there still the long queue but there were only two people accepting the baggage as opposed to seven or eight staff in the previous check in process. We had to queue for 35 minutes to drop off our bags. It would appear that these new processes only advantage Thomson to the detriment of the customer experience that they offer. It really is no better than using Ryan Air's cattle class service. It does not get ones long awaited holiday off to a very good start and leaves one with a negative opinion of Thomson.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Emma Sidley    (UK)

TOM175 back from Cancun to Manchester on 16 June. Plane dirty as it was going out. Food disgusting. When customers are obviously going to be hungry, thirsty and tired, the drinks and snacks that you have to pay for come out first, oddly enough. TV console was broken.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  19 June 2014 by R Taylor    (UK)

Recently flew from Glasgow to Antalya, Turkey with Thomson - a 4.5 hr flight and it was shocking. Seats were uncomfortable, little leg room and seats and pouches were dirty. Totally unacceptable.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by M De Souza    (UK)

Premium

My wife and I flew on TOM052/053 Gatwick to Cancun on 19th May, as it was our honeymoon we flew Premium on the dreamliner. We were excited about going on the dreamliner and overall we were happy with our choice, The previous comments regarding the seats are accurate as the recline is poor and the footrest isn't much better, The inflight entertainment needs expanding, the screens are stored within the armrests and they are very dirty inside, My wife's screen was insecure and wouldn't stay in the one position, Thomson really need to address the seating in this aircraft as this is a new plane and already showing signs of wear and tear and isn't very comfortable for long haul, the staff are very good and the service is good.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by John Flynn    (UK)

LGW to Kefalonia, outbound 25/5, inbound 8/6, both flights cramped and complete with young unhappy children, TG it was only 3 hours, cabin staff try very hard to make a sale as there is no meals or snacks included in the flight, not the most comfortable of flights and glad to get off.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by David Moore    (UK)

Premium

Flight TOM 046 - TOM 047 Sanford. Everything top class except the seat pitch in premium economy is very poor, I understand that Thomson has started taking out the seats in premium economy on 1st June to enable more pitch as either Thomson or Boeing got it all wrong, this was according to one of the cabin staff we were talking to at the end of our holiday, this would be a big improvement. Otherwise, cabin staff very good, flight very good, felt a lot better when you get off the plane compared to the 767's. Flight was one hour late getting away but managed to cut half hour of this by the time we landed, (outward journey) and this was headwind all the way to Florida. Quieter flight, lots more oxygen in the cabin making it a comfortable flight, seats were row 5, 2 seats starboard side, good window seat. Have booked the same again for next June, one hiccup, Jetsave forgot to arrange our transfer from Sanford to Disney but Mickey and Minnie rescued us for $5.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by A Marks    (UK)

Flew BRS - EFL on 29/05/2014 and return leg on 05/06/2014 on a 757-200. Positives first, both flights on time and landed early, cabin crew were polite and helpful and leg room was just about OK bearing in mind I'm 6ft 2in but for a 3.5 hour flight it was OK even with the window seat. The negative, the plane was dirty on the inside and we were the first flight that plane had done one the way out, no excuse really for Thomson apart from cutting corners with cleaning! Also, the plane was very old now it works and got us there and back but was rather tatty in places and could do with a re-furb or replacement! Overall it was good, like I said on time, friendly staff just a bit dirty/grubby and old/tatty will use them again if the price is right!

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by J Williams    (UK)

Flew to Corfu with Thomson to join one of their cruises, all I can say is the inflight experience leaves a lot to be desired. The way out they didn't carry half the items listed because they had been delisted, this apparently was only after a few weeks? On the return the flight was shambolic, no hot food by the time we got served in the middle of the aircraft, we waited in excess of 1hr 45mins for a drink. Crew either incompetent or inexperienced. No tonics carried that day due to stock issues! No crisps, hardly any hot food to buy. Only red wine available. The flight was painful start and end to the holiday. Never again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  12 June 2014 by D Brushwood    (UK)

Doncaster - Paphos. Seated in seat 2a,b,c due to my son being autistic. Airline arranged this ahead of time and arranged same seats on return. Uneventful flight. No flight meal as they now only do a pay meal from the eatery range. Decent leg room.