Thomson Airways Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 October 2014 by Adam Williams    (UK)

I flew from Gatwick to Paphos on a 757-200 and from Paphos to Gatwick on a 737-800. Both flights were excellent, the seats were very comfortable and there was excellent legroom. The cabin crew were extremely friendly and I thoroughly enjoyed the flight. I brought a cheese and ham Panini on board and thinking it would be horrible as most airline food is, it was actually very tasty. The only moan was that we were delayed leaving Gatwick by 20 minutes but was because 5 people were late for the flight. Not at all Thomson's fault. Going from Paphos to Gatwick was on time. Both airports were great. Would recommend.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Anne Stephanie Gately    (UK)

My friend took seriously ill on flight TOM2217 arriving in Manchester at 0140am on Wed 1st October. The whole staff and crew were absolutely wonderful in dealing with the awful situation. As well as arranging for my friend to be met by ambulance they helped his relative with the luggage. Their kindness was outstanding and will be always remembered. We can only say thank you so very much.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by S Martin    (UK)

Flew to Cancun from Manchester. Good flight with no problems. Paid for extra leg room seats, not much space between passengers. My boyfriend is 6'2" and he found it very small and had to change seats with me to the window seat for little bit of added space. Not worth paying the extra money for at all! On the flight back the staff looked like they couldn't be bothered and didn't even force a smile out. Food was thrown at us and everything was rushed. They had sold out of all duty free and there was no choice. If Thomson are bragging about how amazing this new Dreamliner is then you would expect better from it, both staff and seating.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  9 October 2014 by A Brydges    (UK)

Premium

First time on the Dreamliner Premium Class, nothing but praise. We went Gatwick to Sanford, 17th September and returned 2nd October. Everything went smoothly, no delays or hold ups, our own check in and boarded and unboarded first. Little things but help when you have paid quite a lot extra to upgrade. Cabin crew on both legs were friendly and helpful, food lovely (I am a vegetarian) plenty of drinks offered and entertainment was good. If possible I would only fly Premium Class again. I made sure we had row 1, loads of leg room, seats also big and comfy.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by P Blakey    (UK)

Where do I start? Fast bag drop off at Bournemouth, what a joke same line for all so no time saved. The flight left on time and it was a very well organized and good flight. The return flight was interesting. It showed me why Thomson are good. There was a medical emergency 4 rows in front and the calmness and professional conduct of the crew was fantastic. The crew showed great compassion and comforted the patient and relatives.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Ian Smith    (UK)

Glasgow to Dalaman, 22 Sept to 29 Sept return on a 757-200.The outbound flight's seating comfort for a four hour flight was extremely poor. I'm 5'10, not particularly tall, but my knees were jammed up against the seat in front, thankfully the woman sitting there didn't recline her seat or I would have been stuck. The return flight was better as it had Recaro seats where the seat pocket is missing giving more legroom which was more comfortable. It was a typical holiday charter flight, full to capacity, with the cabin crew working hard to sell, drinks, food, and duty free throughout the flight. It got us there and back with the minimum of fuss, but if you're over 5'8 just hope you have Recaro seating on the plane.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by A Lloyd    (UK)

Flight to Sanford in premium seating, even though Dreamliner was only one year old it had dirty seats and crumbs in crevices and overall looked like it hadn't been cleaned properly for a while. Shame as overall the Dreamliner comfort levels and room were great. Two man crew never smiled during service and didn't stop economy passengers using the premium toilets causing queues to form which shouldn't happen when paying additional 250 per person for the extra service.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by J Marsden    (UK)

Premium

Flight TOM 162/163 MAN-PVR-MAN outbound 11/09/2014 inbound 25/09/2014 on the Dreamliner. Both flights were good - the cabin crew were professional and cheerful on both flights. Had good seats in the premium cabin with plenty of leg room, only one fault on the return journey was the table was too wide for the seat obviously original had been damaged. Only moan for the return flight was arriving back at Manchester 35 minutes early and then the plane was parked up for over an hour with engines running whilst Manchester Airport sorted themselves out. Captain was not happy. Had to deplane by steps and bussed to terminal - not a great end to what was a good holiday.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Matt Camp    (UK)

Premium

We booked with Thomson in the Premium cabin hoping we would be on the new Dreamliner aircraft, unfortunately this was not the case and we were on one of the 767 aircraft. What I didn't realize until on the day was that they are still using old First Choice 767 aircraft, and when I say old I mean the Aircraft looks like it hasn't had an update since it rolled off the production line nearly 20 years ago. How they can call what that 767 offers as a premium cabin and charge a premium charge for it is beyond me. Looking at the economy cabin I struggled to see what the difference was minus free drinks and an amenity kit, was this worth the substantial increase in cost over the economy cabin, I fear not. The whole aircraft was incredibly dated, dirty and rattled like an old bus, this wasn't what I was expecting flying with a company such as Thomson. I understand they are in the process of updating their fleet with the new sought after 787 Dreamliner aircraft, but I really can't understand how they can charge such an amount of money to fly in the Premium cabin of the 767's. Our seats looked like they came out of a 30 year old Jaguar and had such little padding in them that we had to buy a large pillow for our buttocks for the journey back. The meals served were awful, I don't exactly expect fresh gourmet food on an aircraft, but from all the literature I was certainly expecting better than what we were served with. That brings me on to the entertainment on board, or lack of shall I say, yes they have got individual monitors in the backs of the seats with a control, but the quality of the screen was awful. Scratches and marks everywhere and the picture quality of a 90's TV set, which I suppose ties in with the rest of the dated aircraft. The entertainment on board was also woeful, I haven't seen such a lack of entertainment since we only had 4 terrestrial TV channels. We must have been spoiled going on Virgin Airways expecting quality entertainment with brand new films on board, not titles from 5 years ago. I fear that it is not only the aircraft that has let down the Thomson name but also the service, despite being in the Premium cabin we were consistently served last for all meals and drink rounds, despite expecting a dedicated staff and the galley being just in front of the Premium cabin. Again not like we missed out on much from the quality of the food, but we expect to at least be served first after paying the premium cost. Although there was priority boarding there certainly was not priority exiting of the aircraft. Overall we are severely unimpressed with our experience and with it being our first long haul flight with Thomson I am afraid that it will be our last. There is a certain level of quality, value for money and service I expect when flying with an airline, and I am afraid they have not delivered on this occasion and have pushed us back into the direction of Virgin Airways, where we know exactly what to expect.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by A Bowles    (UK)

I felt a bit let down by this airline. We travelled as a couple, long haul. We couldn't sit together on either leg of the trip as we didn't pay extra (15 each, each way) this was quite a big deal to us. There wasn't as much choice of movies/entertainment as the bigger airlines. Also the refreshments were pretty poor. There was only 2 complimentary coffees throughout the whole of the flight. Every other drink had to be paid for. Also I found it a bit cringey how they kept pointing out the different classes of the plane. For example telling economy customers not to pass the premium curtain under any circumstances or use their toilets. The seats are uncomfortable for long haul. The only benefit I found of the Dreamliner was the bigger windows.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by K Hughes    (UK)

Flight from Manchester to Cancun 8/9/14 - check in was quick and efficient and flight left on time. A man took seriously ill approx 3 hours into the flight and we were subsequently diverted to the Azure's. We were stuck on the plane for approx 2 hours whilst Thomson considered their options with the pilots offering little correspondence to the customers. We were finally told we would continue and under the circumstances the cabin crew performed extremely professionally. Return flight no problems, the only issues we had with the Dreamliner are the air conditioning leaked water a few times onto my partner on both flights and my entertainment screen would not work. Would fly with Thomson again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Scott Banks    (UK)

Premium

Flew from Manchester to cancun at beginning of Sep. Was first time flying on the Dreamliner and overall it was an excellent flight. Check in was quick at Manchester and we boarded on time and took of on time. Sat in premium club cabin and paid 400 per person (return) for the pleasure. First drinks service was out promptly and each had two vodkas from the bar along with bar nibbles. Then served inflight meal of Thai chicken which was delicious, along with coffee and choice of baileys or brandy to accompany. Plenty of legroom and room to move around and entertainment systems was fab. Couple of hours later the 2nd bar service followed. Ordered vodka again only to be told they had completely ran out on the first bar service. So asked for a beer (again none left). Third choice was a magners (again none left as ran out on first drinks round) so had to settle for a cocktail. This left a sour taste as between the 4 of us we paid 1600 to upgrade to the premium club cabin only to be told on the 2nd drinks service that they had ran out of most things. If they are marketing themselves as a premium airline and charge premium prices for the seat upgrades then they seriously need to have a look at including a premium drinks service as it's completely unacceptable to be charging these prices to upgrade and not providing the service to match. I notice that from next year that economy passengers are having free drinks included. I wonder how they are going to manage to provide 300 plus passengers with free drinks if they can't deliver right now to 50 passengers at the front. I'd rate the Dreamliner aircraft and crew 10/10. Drinks choice in premium club 2/10.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  23 September 2014 by T Watson    (UK)

Premium

Flew on the Dreamliner to Florida from Gatwick. Although these planes are quite new they already have a huge amount of wear and tear. The seats are wide but are uncomfortable on your legs after a nine hour flight, and to get out of them when the seats in front are reclined you have to be a mountain goat. The arm rests could do with being about 2 inches shorter. The cabin crew out were average but the crew coming home made up for that, they were excellent. Would I fly again - probably.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by C Renfrew    (UK)

Premium

4 of us flew Glasgow to Sanford in Premium. Reading earlier reviews, I was apprehensive, as it has been a long time since I booked a holiday airline. Quite a surprise. 787 was great, and the captain was obviously proud on the outbound flight, going into some details about this particular aircraft. The cabin crew worked extremely hard, constantly in the cabin with food, snacks and drinks. Unlike other carriers the crew did not vanish. Movie choice was good for the duration of the flight. Same high quality experience on the flight home. Sanford airport is very small, but the benefits are obvious, and on a holiday worth the trade off for expanded facilities. I would not hesitate to book with Thomson on this route/holiday again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  20 September 2014 by D Lismore    (UK)

Flew home from Zante yesterday 16th September - I was impressed with the very new B737-800 aircraft and also the nice crew they looked after us all very well. Both outward and return flights were right on time. Great flying experience, will definitely use again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by K Galligan    (Spain)

Premium

How can an airline who sells a premium service that says it includes a choice of meal fail to be able to offer the choice of meal? On our flight the stewardess came around asking what meal people wanted but by the time she got to the last 20 or so people there was only one option left! The poor stewardess told us this was a common event on return trips and head office just do not seem to want to address the problem. Shame as the service from the crew was very good but they are being let down by this problem. Also, how badly designed are the Dreamliner seats. You need to be a four foot limbo dancer to be able to exit during the flight.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by G Hotchkiss    (UK)

Poor quality service from this aspect of our First Choice holiday. Overcharged for baggage allowance and First Choice has failed to respond to the complaint. The staff at Rhodes failed to provide any information re flight delay and customer service best described as sullen. The so called budget airlines provide better service.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  18 September 2014 by B Taylor    (UK)

Dreamliner passengers avoid seat 26C with all your might. It's adjacent to the toilets which is ok but everyone who passes this seat or waits there will lean on your seat back or whack it as they pass, thump it with the food trolley, the duty free trolley, the snack trolley, and anything else they can think of. There is no cabin wall at the rear of this seat. It is also conveniently furnished in black unlike every other seat which is a light grey so you can forgive passengers for not seeing it. This wears very thin on an 8/9 hour flight. It also doesn't help when some members of the crew are miserable as sin and don't even apologise to the row in front who got quite a down poor from 'condensation' as we took off. No understanding in her comments at all, just a robotic response, even dismissive and quite rude to the point of why are you even mentioning it. Poor sight lines to cabin safety demo and I'm quite tall and saw very little through the heads of people leaning into the aisle to watch. Good seat pitch though not quite as good as Emirates but a lot better on a medium haul flight.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by H Monk    (UK)

I flew Manchester to Sanford with Thomson on TOM144 outbound (August 23rd) and TOM155 inbound (September 6th). Both flights were on the Dreamliner. We were impressed from the outset. Bag drop and security were quick and efficient and the flight boarded on time and took off on time. We were pleasantly surprised when the captain announced that the flight would take only 8 hours! The crew were fantastic, the flight smooth and hardly any turbulence other than having the seatbelt signs on for ten minutes just prior to entering the Florida area due to some clear-air turbulence, though it was something and nothing. The inflight entertainment kept me, my hubby and two daughters aged 10 and 12 occupied throughout without any boredom and the flight passed by quickly. On the return flight, we again took off on time from a small and basic Sanford and the flight time was 7.5 hours. Again, very smooth flight and efficient crew (except for one rather cheeky announcement from the head stewardess about adults not setting an example to their kids by standing when the seatbelt signs were still illuminated after landing) She had a fair point but made in in rather the wrong way! The only real problem was unavoidable, we had to make a go around on landing (on time) at Manchester due to low mist on the runway which the captain kept us well informed about which resulted in sitting on the tarmac for fifteen minutes as by the time another plane was in our gate, but this was a minor hitch, rather a go around than a dangerous landing! All in all a very enjoyable experience and everyone I know who has travelled Dreamliner has been very taken by it, and I would most definitely fly on it again in the future.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Bedwell Simon    (UK)

Is it reasonable to expect that if you pay many thousands of pounds to take your family for a special occasion to Orlando you would assume that Thomson would help you have great time right from the outset? We are a group of six adults, in three pairs, due to travel on Saturday. When you buy a holiday you are asked whether you want to pay extra to ensure that you can sit together. However, for me that equates to an extra 180. I assumed that if we didn't take the option at least the airline would try to sit us in pairs, as I never expected to be six together. On flights with other airlines it has never been an issue. Always together on long haul. The other day I looked at our allocation, and to my disgust we had all been split up. I went to Thomson because many of the unallocated seats were in better combination positions that we had allocated. No joy from Thomson unless I was willing to pay for change of seats, even if no one had been allocated to them. They advised me to phone Thomson which I did. Again absolute stone wall response. I was told that because a computer had made the allocations that was final. I couldn't change to spare seats without paying, even though no one had been allocated to them. I was told that buying a flight only entitled me a seat on the plane. Not a seat with a fellow passenger. So I asked, "on a long haul flight where I have three pairs of passengers nothing can be done to change our seating arrangements to spare seats without me paying". "No", they replied. In one swoop it confirms that because computer says no Thomsons claim that where possible they will seat passengers from the same group together is absolute rubbish. It is all about money grabbing. I can understand it if I was popping across the channel, but an 8 hour long haul. It makes a complete mockery of having a system where you can just buy a holiday with an expectation that you will sit next to your partner. Flying Sat 13/9 to Orlando from Gatwick.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by T Ward    (UK)

EMA to Madeira. August 2014. Positives: Both flights departed and arrived on time. Both planes new. Negatives: Seating - cramped / uncomfortable. I'm 5ft 10 so not overly tall but 3.5/4 hours really is the limit. Food: You book a five star hotel but the experience on board is far from five star, why on a 4 hour flight can we no longer order / pay for a proper meal? Being offered chips at 7am just doesn't work in my opinion / neither does a Kit Kat. East Midlands airport is an absolute joke and by the time you've 'dropped your bags off' and cleared security, you have no time to buy something half decent to eat for the flight. Crew were OK. Miserable on the outward flight and to be honest they looked liked they'd had a rough night previous. Thomson flights aren't cheap but the level of service doesn't reflect this. I've booked this trip for my family independently for next year and booked TAP flights to Madeira. Just a note: why do people feel the need to say how bumpy their flight was? This isn't controlled by the airline and shouldn't be mentioned to quantify how well the airline performed on a particular trip!

Thomson Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Lovesey Robert    (UK)

Gatwick to Sanford Florida, 25th July 2014. Dreamliner 787 Boeing. 5 Adults 2 children. Check in quick. Slight delay - half an hour. Good flight, smooth. Economy seats pre-booked together, 3 in the middle and 2 adults either side at the very rear of the plane. Good leg room. good pitch, no one behind the two seats each side. Mood lighting good. Window blinds are good with less noise from engines. The children's meals were passed out first which was good. Meals not the best. Service not bad. The female crew members could have been a lot more pleasant. All in all I would fly with Thomson again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by David Webb    (UK)

We flew from Dalaman Turkey on Monday 8th Sep. We were 25 mins from Luton, the pilot told us there was a security problem at Luton airport. They had evacuated the airport. He told us we were diverting to Stansted, and there would be buses to take us to Luton. There were 20 other planes diverted to Stansted at the same time, when we got through customs we waited 2 mins and a message came over the tanoy that our busses were waiting for us. 90 minuets later we were in our cars on the way home.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  15 September 2014 by J Moss    (UK)

Dreamliner. Flew to Cancun on 21 August 2014. The aircraft itself is ok. Food is disgusting and no choice. You have to pay if you want a drink with your meal! How ridiculous! Toilets were filthy. On the inbound journey, water from the lockers above poured over me. We had to beg for headphones. One female member of staff was quite rude. Never ever again will I go with Thomson.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  11 September 2014 by D Earl    (UK)

Birmingham to Orlando on Sunday 17 August. Excellent flight on a new Dreamliner. Plenty of leg room, comfortable seats and attentive cabin crew. Pushed back 10 minutes early and kept updated by the captain. Food and drinks good. Return flight on Sunday 31 August. What a difference! We arrived at the airport to be told the return flight would be on a 767 not a Dreamliner, disappointed but not big problem. On board the Captain had a rant amongst the things he said was "its not my fault that we are not flying the Dreamliner and its not the fault of the cabin crew so I expect you to treat them with respect". It seems the crew were rostered at short notice and what a miserable lot they were. One female member banged into me every time she walked up and down the aisle without once apologising. After dinner an announcement was made that if you wanted anything else, you were to come to the galley for service. The curtains were drawn and the cabin crew were not seen again for several hours. Having crossed the Atlantic at least 20 times I have never heard such announcements. The seats on 767s are very hard and the leg room minimal. I conclusion 10/10 for the outbound flight, 3/10 for the return flight.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Ann Markham    (UK)

TOM126 and TOM127. Over 5 hour delay at Manchester to Sanford Orlando, no information given at gate, 5.00 meal voucher given after 3 hours, didn't cover cost of sandwich and coffee, on return from Sanford 2 weeks later, no Dreamliner, everyone in small seats, TV screens not working my seat covered in crumbs and an hour late into Manchester. Thomson at its best.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Ian Robinson    (UK)

LGW-REUS-LGW. We flew with our 2 grandchildren last month. Check in was relatively easy and we were airside in approx 25 minutes. Boarding was OK although there was some confusion with the wrong passengers sitting in the emergency exit seats which caused a delay and resulted in the pilot saying unless it was sorted out in 2 minutes we would miss our slot and would incur a 2 hour delay. This did the trick and after a rapid push back and taxi, we were airborne very quickly, albeit 25 minutes late. The flight was uneventful although quite noisy with happy families and kids looking forward to their holidays. The return flight was the same although we departed and arrived bang on time. Overall good holiday flights with friendly and efficient cabin crews and as a result I would have no hesitation in recommending Thomson Airlines.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Cornelius Jones    (UK)

Flew from Gatwick to Antalya on 22 August with return on 2 September. Bag drop took over an hour from 7.30am in the morning. There was no management organising the long queues and with one side overflowing we were sent to the opposite side which was a shorter queue. However the side we were told to queue in only had two people working on the 15 desks. At 8am one left leaving everyone frustrated. The flight was delayed by an hour. On arrival in Antalya the plane parked up in the middle of the airfield so we had bus transfers. Our luggage took over an hour to arrive from the plane. Another 4 planes arrived after us and they all left the baggage reclaim area before us. I appreciate that this is not the fault of the airline, however I am sure that the lack service provided to them is reflected by how the airline is viewed by Antalya Airport. The return flight was only 45 minutes late leaving. The aircraft for flight TOM707 must have been one of the oldest planes I have ever been on. At take off I had water dripping down on me, we were sitting in row 12 and 13 by the exit door. If you touched the door it was like an ice block. My daughter asked about a blanket and had to buy one for 5. When we landed at Gatwick at 2.15 in the morning the plane was parked so far from the main terminal building it must have been over a mile walk. One last thing to mention; why do Thomson ask you to check in online and print off your boarding pass? At Gatwick and Antalya they just ripped them up and issued a boarding card!

Thomson Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Jeremy Pawson    (UK)

Mon 25 Aug Leeds/Bradford to Corfu. What a disaster. Supposed to fly 22.15, processed through passport control - 10 mins later flight delayed then back out again. Waiting in arrivals (no seats) and no information either. Flight cancelled to 11.15 following day. 1.45 coaches come to take us to hotels. 50 fellow travellers on coach outside IBIS in Saltaire, Shipley, only 4 rooms. Got back to airport Tuesday 26th, flight delayed again. A complete disaster and every single passenger was up in arms. Flight supposed to have been cancelled for bad weather but we couldn't understand why other flights were arriving and departing, turned out it was a medical emergency diverted to Manchester. I understand these thing happen but why lie about it. Never again will I use Thomson.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Darren Cunliffe    (UK)

TOM162, MAN-PVA, 21st August 2014, Manchester to Puerta Vallarta on a Boeing 787 Dreamliner. Absolutely brilliant service from the crew, lovely clean aircraft, ample leg room, great attentive service and rapport with the crew. Adequate information and ultimately an enjoyable long haul 10 hour flight.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Ian Bignell    (UK)

Premium

Flew Premium LGW to Orlando Sanford and return August 2014. Flight out was excellent - everyone was wide awake and excited, seats were comfy and managed to snooze. Food was good and drinks service was regular - very attentive and pleasurable cabin crew. Slightly frustrated that leaving the cabin was a free for all with economy but I expect that is because I am used to premium classes being given priority with BA and Virgin. Flight back was a completely different experience - cabin crew were okay and worked hard with what they had but that was the issue - no drinks, no snacks no nothing - choice was full fat pepsi or water for the kids, everything else had been used on the flight out - no crisps nothing. Food was very poor and the breakfast inedible. Probably the most frustrating things was the seats - you just could not get comfortable to sleep at all and the arm rests between the seats are so poorly designed that you could not move or get in or out. Dreamliner lighting not used properly which was a shame. So close to being a good product but for the price it will be BA or Virgin in the future.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by A Johns    (UK)

Premium

Flew to Cancun on 5th August, TOM28. There were 3 of us, 2 adults and one 7 year old. Having missed out on a holiday in 2013 we decided to treat ourselves and upgrade to Premium. I cannot fault the outbound flight. Priority check-in with separate baggage check-in and separate security passport control all taking no more than ten minutes or so. Staff - friendly and attentive, got customer care spot on. Came round with drinks trolley numerous times. They were happy to make conversation and made a fuss of the kids. Food was good with a very good choice - sparkling wine or orange juice was offered pre-flight which was a lovely touch. Separate meals for the kids. Snacks offered with drinks and some small chocolate bars offered. The individual mini desserts were particularly good and the inclusion of an afternoon tea prior to landing was again well thought out. The plane: Nice wide leather seats with moveable head rests, lots of leg room with pop up leg rest, blankets, pillows and a travel bag, with toothbrush eye patches ear defenders all a nice touch. The actual plane noise was minimal with auto dimming on the windows. Inflight entertainment: Good selection of movies for adults and kids, nice quality headphones handed out once seated, there were also music channels, some interactive games and some drama and comedy channels a pretty good selection with some quite new films. Now the bad, the return. 19 Aug, TOM 29. We were so disappointed after having a fantastic family holiday, no welcome onboard. All extras that had been handed out to us on the inbound flight - head phones etc were just thrown on your seat, The three women and one guy barely managed a smile let alone spoke to customers. I was reading my magazine and I had a menu thrust over the top. Food trays were whisked away swiftly. The main meal was a poor reflection on the outbound meal. Main course was as uninteresting, the dessert was written on the menu as a chocolate indulgence - well it was one squirt of vanilla whip and one chocolate whip on a piece of sponge. Drinks offered with meals. We did not see the waiting staff for about 6 hours as they eventually pulled their curtains and were not seen till breakfast not even to check everyone was ok or offer water etc. There were supposed to be two different inflight entertainment menus, one outgoing, one return. Well we had exactly the same films and offer on both journeys.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by C Yim    (UK)

Flew Gatwick - Cephalonia and return in Economy. Both times there were no delays departing or arriving and throughout both flights there was never any turbulence and the seat belt sign never went on (apart from, obviously, take off and landing). However, the planes (737-800) were dirty and the leg room was awful. The crew, although friendly, spent most of the time trying to sell you stuff including their ridiculously overpriced tiny portions of food. We checked in on line for both flights and used back, drop at Gatwick, but they didn't offer this at Cephalonia so we had to wait in the same queue as people checking in to be served by the same rather unfriendly check in person. Toilets existed but were very small and dirty by the end of the flight.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Alan Bray    (UK)

Travelled from Gatwick to Dalaman on 11th August 2014, flight number TOM862 with Thomson Airways on a 767-300, flight there and back on time, crew very polite and flight deck crew kept us up to date. No issues with Thomson Airways will travel with them again. Inflight Entertainment would be nice on a 4 hour flight.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by K Alex    (UK)

Nothing but good things to say about Thomson. Flew to Puerto Vallarta on August 14th on G-TUIE, and my flight couldn't have been more enjoyable. The crew were friendly, the meals were great, and the seats were roomy and comfortable. The crew kept my champagne on ice until we were ready for it, with fresh Orange juice on the house in case we wanted to make Bucks Fizz. Snacks were handed out at various points in the journey and we arrived in Puerto Vallarta feeling surprisingly fresh for an 11 hour journey. On the return journey, airport reps were helpful and friendly and the cabin crew were as friendly as always. After arrival back in Manchester, the two captains and first officer were happy for me to join them in the cockpit for some photographs and a brief chat about the aircraft. My only slight criticism about the 787 is that the entertainment system seems particularly prone to crashing and freezing up, but the crew were happy to reset it for me and provided a free beverage when they weren't able to immediately rectify it. This happened on both G-TUIE and G-TUIF, but these teething troubles will disappear over time, I should imagine.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Grice Julie    (UK)

Premium

We flew in premium on Dreamliner from Manchester to Sanford on 2nd Sep 2013 and returned 16th Sep 2013. We paid 800 each and can honestly say was worth every penny, we had big leather seats, plenty of width and great legroom. The service of staff was excellent. The aircraft was lovely and very quiet. We have flown premium on many other airlines and Thomson Dreamliner beats them all. We are flying to Orlando Sanford on Thomson Dreamliner in premium cabin again on 5th Sep 2014.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by T Stroud    (UK)

Travelled to Cancun from Gatwick on 1st August and returned 11th August. Both ways on the Dreamliner. Flew out on G-TUIE on the way there. On the way back we were on Dream Maker (G-TUIC). Premium is not worth the hike in price. We were sat 2 rows behind premium both ways in economy in extra space seats and they were just as good. I guess premium gets better cutlery and dishes, slightly larger TV screen but that's it. The flights themselves were fantastic, so smooth. The inflight entertainment was great, wide variety of choice along with games too. Tip for people who want to sleep, it wasn't until we landed coming back that we realised you could bend the headrest round your head! Might've helped if the cabin crew make everyone aware of what does what when they're sat down. I ended up with such a crick in my neck from sleeping in an awkward position with the unfluffiest pillow. Food going to Cancun was great. The Lily Obrien salted caramel chocolate mousse was to die for! And then to have 'afternoon tea' shortly before landing was a nice touch. Coming back was a different story. The food was mainly dry, the bread roll was stale and like cardboard, the dessert looked and tasted very artificial. Considering the flight back is almost 9 hours long there was a gap of 6 odd hours where the cabin crew didn't bother coming up and down the aisles anymore to see if anyone wanted anything. We had dinner shortly after take off and then an hour before landing we were served breakfast. I guess because it's a night flight they don't want to be disturbing people, however I was so hungry! Guess I could've called them but they seem quite unapproachable. I'm a lover of Starbucks coffee, so to see this on the menu was great. The pilots were great at keeping us informed.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by P Mott    (UK)

Premium

Flew 24/7/14, Manchester to Cancun, sat on row 1, seats a and c (next to each other). Recline could have been better but had plenty of leg room. Was worth upgrading to premium did not feel like other long haul flights I've been on.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by A Clark    (UK)

Travelled to Corfu from Gatwick with Thomson, bag drop had a queue so long it took us an hour and a half to drop bags, plane was not the cleanest in the world. Landed at Corfu then had to queue outside on Tarmac for nearly an hour in 30 heat until doors were opened felt sick from aviation fuel smells, cruise was excellent. Return to Gatwick, queued outside terminal for an hour and half as had 6 flights and 3 check in staff, then flight delayed so waited in packed terminal with no air con - was 34 degrees. Plane was late so to save time they didn't really clean it, no food available on flight. Last time we use Thomson, they charge for everything but service is so bad.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Orville Castro    (UK)

Flew from Tenerife South to Gatwick on the 8/8/16 and found that most of the flight attendants were really unhelpful. Most were just concentrating on selling duty free items and snacks. No inflight entertainment at all during the 4 1/4 hrs flight, my 2 kids were really bored.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Beth Tether    (UK)

Went on the Dreamliner on 30th July after being told they had no headsets for the inflight entertainment and after that screens didn't work anyway! Nothing offered to us for over an hour on the flight! Then after over 3.5 hours of flying the pilot announced he was turning back to Manchester England because of a fault with the plane! Landed at Manchester only to wait over an hour and nobody telling us what was happening! Wasn't happy! Missed a days holiday because of this.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by S Wright    (UK)

TOM 144 and 145 from Manchester to Sanford, Orlando, FLA, Aug 2-16. Both ways were trouble-free, clean surroundings, good food and friendly crews. Coming back took less time of course due to tailwind. Staff were attentive and alert but much better banter on return. The seats were slightly cramped for my liking and I would have traded my TV screen for a footrest in front to take pressure off the top of my legs as I'm 5.3, but there was still more room than some airlines I've been on. I enjoyed both flights, no delays or problems going, a slight delay on return by 15 minutes due to ill crew member but provisions speedily made and we made up the time getting home and landed practically on time in Manchester. Take off and landing were smooth and the plane had very little turbulence both ways. Baggage was handled speedily for us with no case problems. The flight entertainment was plentiful with music, TV and films available to select. Food in Economy was as good as it can get on any flight that doesn't have a built-in restaurant. Drinks and trolley food a bit expensive but main meals and snacks that came round I found to be quite tasty and varied, but I'm not hard to please with food. I've read several reviews here and it seems as if we hit a lucky window with the best journey and staff at the time! But it does happen obviously. I can honestly say everything was great. Would I fly again? Well, I'm not a long-haul flyer by nature so it's unlikely, but I'd have no reservations about re-booking a Dreamliner with Thomson if I were.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Greg Austin    (UK)

Just travelled from Newcastle to Sanford with Thomson on the Dreamliner and experience was mixed. Plane was spacious, clean and comfortable which was exactly what was promised. Cabin and flight crew on the way out were friendly, helpful and informative with a very smooth flight and as a nervous flyer this was a great start to the holiday. The only downside was that 2 of the 5 entertainment systems did not work which made it difficult to entertain 3 excited children. The crew were clearly harassed as this appeared to the case across the plane and despite numerous attempts to reset the system our TVs did not co-operate. I have contacted Thomson to complain but no response to date. The return flight was a different experience, we heard from the flight crew at the start and end of the journey but despite constant turbulence throughout the majority of the flight and the seatbelt sign being on there was deafening silence from the flight crew. This caused additional anxiety as it would only have taken a moment for someone to say don't worry, this is normal. The flight crew were pleasant and efficient rather than friendly which was a marked difference from the crew going out. Despite a tailwind of over 150 mph for a large portion of the flight we were slightly delayed but overall the Dreamliner lived up to expectations.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Michelle Fullerton    (UK)

Flew from Gatwick to Puerto Plata (TOM096) on 3/8/2014 on the "Dreamliner", more like nightmare liner. Plane was dirty with water dripping onto my friend, food disgusting, was supposed to be some kind of chicken and pasta in a tomato sauce, was so dry and hard I think we were all served food left over from the week before. Staff, well all I will say is if you hate your job that much then do something else. Pilot unable to land first time, lots of panicking going on but not one word from pilot or flight attendants to let us know what was going on (quick message after from the "spare pilot" (yes that was his words). Return flight (TOM097) on 17/8/2014 was a completely different experience, clean plane, friendly, happy flight staff, and edible food. Please be aware you are offered no tea or coffee refills, so the only free drinks you get are the ones you get with your meal. we travelled economy class and the seating is more spacious than normal.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  21 August 2014 by A Parnell    (UK)

Flight from Nottingham East Midlands to Cancun on 30th July 2014, aircraft type - 787 Dreamliner. Took off 40 min late due to issues with catering and inflight entertainment. Inflight entertainment intermittent and then reduced capability. At 3 hours out (Mid Atlantic) pilot announces technical issue with aircraft, problem with hydraulics and that we need to return to Manchester to have replacement parts fitted. Upon arrival, no crew available to enable replacement aircraft to be used. We ended up in a local hotel overnight with a replacement flight on an old 767 at 09:30 next morning. Eventually arrived almost 23 hours late, great start to a much needed holiday! I understand that technical issues do occur but the turn back apperars to have been solely based on a commercial decision by TUI to avoid having an aircraft on ground in Cancun. 787 is a great aircraft when it works, however there are too many problems with it currently. Avoid until fixed properly.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Alan Sanders    (UK)

Flight from Birmingham to Cancun on Dreamliner. The most uncomfortable flight myself and wife have ever been on. My wife being under 5feet ended up with a bad neck due to the poor seat design and swollen feet as the edge of the seat cut off the blood supply. A foot rest would have prevented this. The food was the worst ever any on the return flight was inedible.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Richard James    (UK)

TOM144 and TOM145, Manchester to Orlando Sanford. After booking many holidays with Thomsons I have to say this is the last. Booked with the promise of Dreamliner both ways, never got it due to technical issues! Old tatty plane with the worst entertainment I have ever had to put up with, the food was disgusting, half the meals were missing out of boxes! I will avoid Thomson's at all costs, charge the earth and don't deliver on promises.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Ralph Terry    (UK)

We travelled to Cape Verde on 28th July 2014. Thomson's desks were chaotic. We printed out e-tickets and boarding passes online but this was a waste of time because we had to queue for 2.5 hours to "drop" our bags off. All different destinations went through the desks. Total Chaos. We had to go straight to boarding gate and only just made it. We had hoped to relax before the flight, do a little last minute shopping - have a cooked breakfast etc. But instead we had to dash to the departure gate. What is the point of checking in online and having your boarding passes already printed? Those people who had not checked in on line or printed their boarding passes queued with everyone else.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Nigel Hocknell    (UK)

Flew Dreamliner to Orlando, 25th July , took over 1 hour to drop our bags off after checking in online. Departed 1 hour late after sitting on plane with no explanation why, arrived in Florida in thunder storm so pilot aborted landing and circled airport for 1/2 hour before saying we needed to divert to another airport because we were low on fuel. Landed at nearby airport then sat on plane for 2 hours waiting for fuel, then took off again for 1/2 hour flight back to Sanford airport, 13.5 hours in total! TV entertainment onboard very poor compared to Virgin, food and drinks service poor. Sat for 2 hours waiting for refuel, not offered a drink. Return flight told we had been downgraded. Small seat, no leg room, very poor recline on seats - wouldn't like to fly much longer then 4 hours on this plane never mind back through night from Florida. Entertainment - TV very poor and food poor.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Elaine Pank    (UK)

Flew to Antalya from Gatwick on 18th July. Out going flight was ok despite no inflight entertainment and overpriced average quality food. We experienced a huge amount of turbulence - no reassuring words from the flight crew as to what was going on. Very disappointing return flight which was at tea time. We were all very hungry and had not eaten at Antalya Airport due to the horrendous prices. We sat in the middle of the plane (rows 24 and 25) and they ran out of food before they got to us! In fact they had run out of food after the first five rows. All they could offer us was basically junk so we feasted on chocolate and kettle crisps. Not good enough on nearly a four hour flight - we were told this is typical on return flights. Shame on you Thomson I will not fly with you again if I can help it.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  15 August 2014 by T Prince    (UK)

Premium

Manchester to Punta Cana to Manchester, TOM 172 and TOM 173, 23rd July 2014, 6th August 2014. We booked premium seats. We checked in the night before and dropped off luggage. In the morning we went through to security. No problems. Boarding was slightly delayed as they changed a part. On board, the staff were very good and kept the refreshments coming with no isses. Service was quick and friendly. Going back, the flight was delayed an hour. But, nothing major. Again, a good and friendly flight home. The seats were nice. I just wish that they reclined more. The entertainment system was good with lots of choice. Overall, we were happy with our flights.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Sheila Evans    (UK)

Flew to Orlando Florida with my daughter and family. Arrived at airport 3.5 hours before flight and joined a long queue all waiting to check in even though we had checked in online the day before. Stood in queue for over an hour before being told that there was a computer failure and we had to wait for outside company to arrive to take over checking us in. Flight was then delayed for over 3 hours. Eventually boarded plane only to sit there another hour whilst we waited for paperwork and push off. All we got was a 3 voucher to spend on plane. Also booked with promise of flight on Dreamliner but got some very old tatty plane. Good holiday but then to travelling home. Received message from Thomson on morning of departure to be told that flight was delayed but to go to airport at normal time. Arrived at 2.30pm for 5.20 departure to find our flight time was now 9.40pm. We were given a $8 voucher to spend on refreshments. When we got to departure lounge we found that the restaurant was closed for the day and all that was open was duty free newsagents and sports bar. Only place accepted voucher was sports bar and food cost a lot more than $8. Finally boarded plane at 10pm and only consolation was it was the Dreamliner. We got served our dinner just after 11pm which was a long time since our breakfast at 9 am and then we did not see any crew member until breakfast was served at 8.30 next morning. Would I fly to Florida with Thomson again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  9 August 2014 by T Bowler    (UK)

From Palma to Bristol on 3rd August 2014. Arrived at airport at 11.30pm for a 00.20 gate to find long check in queues. Thomson arranged the coach to the airport so not our fault cutting it fine. Only 4 check ins available and absolutely no advantage in using Bag drop as this was slower than normal check-in. Panic amongst Thomson staff finally set in and 2 more desks were opened to move the 200 people who were waiting to check-in. Long queue for security who were so rushed you could have taken anything on board. Got to gate at 00.30 to find the plane was not ready.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  9 August 2014 by I Richards    (UK)

Flew from Birmingham on a very old 757 which had seen better days, very tired interior and dirty, was supposed to take off at 6pm, we all boarded on time and seemed ready to go, when it got to 6.30pm I realised there was a problem, captain came on and said he was sorry for the late departure but due to heavy traffic in and around Birmingham we had to wait for the head cabin crew member to arrive, funny how over 200 people made it on time but the crew couldn't, wonder if they would have held the plane if passenger was stuck in traffic... I think not. When she arrived she strolled on and stopped for a chat in the front galley with other crew members before even taking her coat off or putting handbag away, she was in no rush whatsoever. We took off at 8pm, 2 hours late, not even an apology from the crew member, the flight took off and wasn't great, poor start made a lot of people fed up that they had to sit in the cramped conditions for 6 hours instead of the 4 it should have been. Service on board was terrible, its just constant sales of junk food that tastes like cardboard, 4 for bacon roll, 3 for a box of micro chips and 2.60 for a cup of tea, day light robbery. Be warned if you are unlucky enough to fly Thomson take your own food or they will rob you blind, no entertainment on flight whatsoever so take ipads etc - what a shame how this airline has gone from good to bad, now in the Ryanair league.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Peers Andrew    (UK)

Premium

We flew to Cancun on 24/07/14 on the new Dreamliner from Manchester. We flew in premium economy which was very spacious and comfortable. The food and service is fantastic, and I thoroughly recommend this experience.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  4 August 2014 by G Swift    (UK)

Newcastle to Palma on new 737's which were clean, comfortable with plenty of room as we were sitting in the new extra leg room seats (3 rows at the front) and crews were friendly (unlike some reports below). On time but map display only shown on outbound (same as last year do they not work the other way?). My grudge though is you are sold a dream holiday with Thomson (differentiated product) for which you pay a fortune but in turn you get to fly with an airline that just isn't very special. Britannia and Air 2000 which were the best holiday airlines made you feel like you were going on holiday but have been transformed into a poor version of a low cost airline. If I wanted to fly on easyjet I would and I'd know what to expect. The flight used to mark the start of your holiday and include meal, cup of tea etc now its just nothing special and you're asked to part with money every time you see the crew (including scratch cards sales and charity collection not just food and drink).

Thomson Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by S Whitham    (UK)

Thomson Sensatori Holiday to Turkey in June Gatwick to Antlaya. Outgoing flight: Checked-in online and printed boarding passes the day before with the idea being when we arrived we went just to 'drop bags'. We arrived nearly 2.5 hrs before the flight to then queue for over an hour - which seemed like a normal 'check-in' and then they printed boarding cards - why ask us to? Flight was cramped, probably the smallest plane we've been on, impossible to get comfortable and no entertainment for 3.5 hrs. Return flight was even worse - arrived at Antalya airport at 12 noon and got through security for 1.50pm for a 2.15pm flight so no time for food or drink at the airport. The plane was the same as outgoing flight, no entertainment, this time no food to choose from, no ice for drinks etc. Flight experience both ways was awful to say the least.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by E Fitzsimmons    (UK)

Premium

This was the first time we flew the Dreamliner and was lucky enough to be sitting in the premium cabin at the front. Firstly many thanks to the cabin crew who were the best we have flown with. Nothing was too much for them and we never went without a drink or a friendly smile. The Dreamliner was brilliant and we cannot wait to go back on one. The flight (8 hours) seemed like a short haul flight - no tiredness as the pressurised air in the cabin is one of the best (extra oxygen). Plenty of seat space and leg room - head height was very high and didn't at all feel cramped at any time. The food was great! Fantastic overall.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by E McAvoy    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Gran Canaria (10.07.14) and my husband and I thought we were in a cattle market, far too cramped and uncomfortable, interior was dirty, Thomson crew spent too much time gossiping on personal issues and did not appear to be interested in the passengers during service, safety brief (via monitor) very lazy idea, does not work, return journey (18.07.14) exactly the same however staff wore different uniforms and again limited attention to passengers, more interested in gossiping yet again. Positive note: captain of the plane honest and attentive with minor problems landing on both outward and inward flight and also bag drop off section the staff were lovely, we bought this holiday very late and expected possible issues with hotel etc, what we were not expecting was to complaining about what we thought was a reputable flight company.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by A Smithson    (UK)

TOM024. Supposed to fly Premium club on Dreamliner to Montego Bay on 25/06. Told at check in there was a plane change but still would get Premium etc. On arrival at gate told no premium, as reviewer below said - put on an old 767 with only minimum leg room, lack of toilets. Crew were OK but inflight entertainment poor - only two new films on a ten hour flight. Still awaiting my promised Premium club refund. Never again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Dennis Haggett    (UK)

Premium

Travelled to the Dominican Republic on 25 May 14, premium cabin seats 1g and 1j on the Dreamliner both ways. These seats yes had more than adequate leg room but that's all, not comfortable the recline is not adequate, very worn out for such a new plane, TV screens lose and dirty. This plane really has not a lot to offer and all the hype given to it is not justified. The food choices both ways ran out so you didn't get what you preferred to eat, drinks selections again ran out. There were people coming through from economy to use the toilets in premium and staff weren't able or bothered to prevent this which meant that there were lines of people waiting. To top everything off on the inbound flight on the 8th June to Gatwick there was no water, so no hot drinks or hand wash facilities, in all this was supposed to be an experience for my partner who had never flown long haul to remember. It certainly turned out that way for all the wrong reasons and was not worth the near 600 it cost for the upgrade. Never would I recommend upgrading to anyone and in fact will never use Thomson again no customer support or service when we raised our concerns with them. If you have the chance use anther company.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by C Cazaam    (UK)

Ironically, I went on a Thomas Cook holiday to Costa Adeje in Tenerife, but flew both ways with Thomson. I don't have a clue why this is the case but it's beyond the point of this review. My review here is of my flight back to EMA. It was a little cramped in the seats (I'm over 6' so to be expected) I'm no stranger to my legs being cramped. That's why I reserved an aisle seat where I could get my legs into a more comfortable position which they did follow through on so that's a good thing. The cabin crew were a bit lazy on this flight back which was over night so instead of doing the airline safety demonstration themselves, they decided to instead bring down the screens and showed a video of a 5 year old girl run through it. The video wasn't anything good, just the same malarkey that you hear every damn flight. The flight though was pretty bland, 4 hours without any real entertainment to pass the monotony and I was instead using my tablet for the whole flight (I turned off the Wifi so don't think I'm stupid like that) which did help, but I found myself still just wanting to get the flight over with. The food aboard was like any other. Snacks and drinks always the same but they did have some hot meals. Too bad they tasted cheap and I heard someone complaining of heartburn when they ate their meal. Still, the price paid to fly was decent and the seats were somewhat comfortable, (it would be a 5 if not for the horrible armrest which wouldn't lift and kept digging into my elbow) The seats did recline which is a positive and some people could sleep pretty easily. Not me, I can't get to sleep on any plane, doesn't matter how tired I am.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  28 July 2014 by A Edon    (UK)

Tom 2200, 8th July, MAN-JSI (Skiathos) on B757. Plane took off on time, fairly clean, but showing its age. Cabin crew ok but did the minimum and pulled the curtain across blocking the use of front toilet. Note to cabin crew, its a curtain and not a wall, you can hear everything they say. Return Tom 2201, 22 July, JSI-MAN again on B757. Cabin Manager loved the sound off her own voice, never off PA system! Plane clean but again past its sell by date, looks good from outside though. Very bumpy on return and again Cabin Manager serving drinks at 2 pax at a time, ok as in turbulence, but after 15 mins no turbulence but continued to serve drinks at 2 pax at a time? We had Britannia Airways free headphones / free entertainment / free newspapers / cabin staff that loved their jobs, now we have Thomson / First Choice. Pay for everything, Tea / Coffee / seats, constant use of PA, selling this and that. 1 drinks service on both flights but all hot food is cooked, and what's left (huge amount I saw) is thrown away. Can Thomson really afford to throw it all away on every flight! Can we please have cabin crew who look like they enjoy their job, more face to face contact, rather than look above. A better uniform would look great too, some of the shirts looked very creased.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by A Byrne    (UK)

Travelled in Premium Economy on the Dreamliner on 15th May 2014 from Manchester to Puerto Vallarta, Angel of the Skies on the way out and Alfie on the return. We were lucky enough to get seats 1G+J on both legs of the journey so had lots of legroom. The seat was comfortable as long as you only wanted to sit and relax but it was extremely uncomfortable for sleeping. The footrest is a complete waste of time and quite dangerous as it doesn't go up high enough and therefore pressure is on the lower leg which can't be good when you're flying for 11+ hours. The armrests were very shabby and quite loose, the TV unit was also wobbly and dirty although it did work well and was responsive. Considering the plane is not very old it's starting to look quite worn and untidy, it wasn't very clean on either journey. The crew on the outward journey were a bit miserable and not very forthcoming with drinks, the return crew were much better although there was very little choice of drinks left and even less items to purchase onboard. Obviously we had no problems getting out of the seats in Row 1 and we couldn't guarantee getting those seats each time so unless the seats are changed I don't think I'd waste my money travelling in premium again in the future. It could be so good with just a few tweaks here and there, overall ok but a little disappointed. The positive aspects were reduced jet lag, very quiet and a great sense of space due to the height of the cabin.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by S Broadbent    (UK)

Premium

Flew premium to Mexico, 26th April 2014. Flight out food, service, drinks and seat pitch fantastic, return flight 10th May 2014, food disgusting and inedible, my husband called it slop. One drink the whole 9.5 hour flight, seat pitch no more than you would get on normal economy, flight back was on very old tired interior plane, trays didn't work, had to hold with your hand or knee as food and drinks would have fallen off. Don't bother booking and paying for premium on return flights from Mexico.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by A Davis    (UK)

TOM7238, BHX-KGS, 01/07/2014. Waited in a line for one hour due to a missing crew member who came strolling down like she didn't have a care in the world. Only to get onboard to be told we had another 30 minute wait due to missing our slot. Once we finally got into the air the crew did a chaotic drinks service which seemed rushed and unorganised. It must have become all too much for three of the crew as they decided to take a seats in row one for 20/25 minutes taking about their children. Just before landing one of the crew members did the most pathetic congratulation to a just married couple I have ever heard, she even put the tannoy down before finishing the sentence. The return flight (TOM7239, 08/07/14) at least had crew that seemed interested and actually interacted with the customers.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Evelyn Petrie    (UK)

Premium

We travelled from Newcastle to Mexico on the 23 June 2014 for two weeks, we were told it would be the Dreamliner, it was not. We had booked premier seats on the direct flight. After we boarded we were told we had to fly to Manchester to stock up with fuel and food and a new crew, an hour down and an hour on the ground at Manchester, two hours more to a ten hour flight. Coming back on 8th July, no drinks on board. Crew spent all the time sitting at front speaking.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  7 July 2014 by William Walker    (UK)

Premium

TOM670, Glasgow to Punta Cana. Wife and I went premium for the first time, will not be the last. Seats 1A, 1C brill, service from staff both ways excellent, food good enough to eat although not quite enough. Punta Cana airport a complete disaster, no organisation whatsoever, not the fault of Thomson. Will be using this service in the future.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Sally Ben    (UK)

TOM719, Agadir to Stansted. The crew on this night flight stampeded along the aisle like a herd of elephants. I sat in the aisle and was knocked constantly. This was magnified by the hard seats with no cushioning. They really wanted to maximise discomfort. The plane was really filthy, they did not clean between flights, I wonder if they ever do as they maximise the number of trips. They failed to order disabled assistance, as always happens, then blame someone else. This was confirmed by the lovely people who eventually came to assist. Thomson is only interested in flogging anything and everything, you're a captive audience to be sold to. There is zero service only selling. I will never use this company again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by L Bradley    (UK)

Flew on the New Dreamliner, 9th June 2014 Gatwick to Cancun, very disappointing. Yes you get a bit more leg room but that's it, plane dirty, TVS not working properly and not enough toilets for the amount of people. We were boarded at the correct time but sat on the runway for 90 minutes sweating because of a mess up and then they had the cheek to charge us for a water once in the air. I know no airlines are perfect but Thomson has been the worst airline I have flown with.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  4 July 2014 by P Dwye    (UK)

Thomson seat selection is a joke if you are traveling for more then 2 weeks. We decided to go to Florida for 28 days, Thomson seat selection policy is that you can only select seats 90 days prior to your return flight. So if you traveling for 2 weeks you get to select your seat 2 weeks before I can. When I was given the choice there was not 2 seats left together. I've tried to point this problem out over the last 6 months by phone and email without any luck, remember I paid for seat selection.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by S Mitchell    (UK)

Premium

Booked to visit Montego Bay flying on a 787 from Gatwick, when it came to boarding at Gatwick plane downgraded to a very old 767 without notice. Flight out was very poor but at least cabin crew were OK. Inbound flight was. 787 but the seating is a joke, You have to be an escapologist to get out to go to the toilet, to make matters worse this was a new plane and the TV nor reading light worked, this on a 9 hr overnight flight. Thomson have spent thousands on the 787 hype and in my case the whole flight experience in both directions was a joke. Never again Thomson, I have to work too hard for my money to waste it on very poor service.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Darryl Cartwright    (UK)

Flew from Birmingham to Palma Mallorca, 31/05/2014. We dislike the new common queue system intensely as no matter how early you arrive there is a long, snaking line of passengers for other destinations. It is now required that all passengers check in online. This saves Thomson time and the cost of ink and paper to print boarding passes. When we arrived at the airport we imagined that we would be through to security quickly as we only had to leave our cases at the baggage drop. Imagine our disappointment and annoyance to find that not only was there still the long queue but there were only two people accepting the baggage as opposed to seven or eight staff in the previous check in process. We had to queue for 35 minutes to drop off our bags. It would appear that these new processes only advantage Thomson to the detriment of the customer experience that they offer. It really is no better than using Ryan Air's cattle class service. It does not get ones long awaited holiday off to a very good start and leaves one with a negative opinion of Thomson.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Emma Sidley    (UK)

TOM175 back from Cancun to Manchester on 16 June. Plane dirty as it was going out. Food disgusting. When customers are obviously going to be hungry, thirsty and tired, the drinks and snacks that you have to pay for come out first, oddly enough. TV console was broken.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  19 June 2014 by R Taylor    (UK)

Recently flew from Glasgow to Antalya, Turkey with Thomson - a 4.5 hr flight and it was shocking. Seats were uncomfortable, little leg room and seats and pouches were dirty. Totally unacceptable.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by M De Souza    (UK)

Premium

My wife and I flew on TOM052/053 Gatwick to Cancun on 19th May, as it was our honeymoon we flew Premium on the dreamliner. We were excited about going on the dreamliner and overall we were happy with our choice, The previous comments regarding the seats are accurate as the recline is poor and the footrest isn't much better, The inflight entertainment needs expanding, the screens are stored within the armrests and they are very dirty inside, My wife's screen was insecure and wouldn't stay in the one position, Thomson really need to address the seating in this aircraft as this is a new plane and already showing signs of wear and tear and isn't very comfortable for long haul, the staff are very good and the service is good.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by John Flynn    (UK)

LGW to Kefalonia, outbound 25/5, inbound 8/6, both flights cramped and complete with young unhappy children, TG it was only 3 hours, cabin staff try very hard to make a sale as there is no meals or snacks included in the flight, not the most comfortable of flights and glad to get off.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by David Moore    (UK)

Premium

Flight TOM 046 - TOM 047 Sanford. Everything top class except the seat pitch in premium economy is very poor, I understand that Thomson has started taking out the seats in premium economy on 1st June to enable more pitch as either Thomson or Boeing got it all wrong, this was according to one of the cabin staff we were talking to at the end of our holiday, this would be a big improvement. Otherwise, cabin staff very good, flight very good, felt a lot better when you get off the plane compared to the 767's. Flight was one hour late getting away but managed to cut half hour of this by the time we landed, (outward journey) and this was headwind all the way to Florida. Quieter flight, lots more oxygen in the cabin making it a comfortable flight, seats were row 5, 2 seats starboard side, good window seat. Have booked the same again for next June, one hiccup, Jetsave forgot to arrange our transfer from Sanford to Disney but Mickey and Minnie rescued us for $5.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by A Marks    (UK)

Flew BRS - EFL on 29/05/2014 and return leg on 05/06/2014 on a 757-200. Positives first, both flights on time and landed early, cabin crew were polite and helpful and leg room was just about OK bearing in mind I'm 6ft 2in but for a 3.5 hour flight it was OK even with the window seat. The negative, the plane was dirty on the inside and we were the first flight that plane had done one the way out, no excuse really for Thomson apart from cutting corners with cleaning! Also, the plane was very old now it works and got us there and back but was rather tatty in places and could do with a re-furb or replacement! Overall it was good, like I said on time, friendly staff just a bit dirty/grubby and old/tatty will use them again if the price is right!

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 June 2014 by J Williams    (UK)

Flew to Corfu with Thomson to join one of their cruises, all I can say is the inflight experience leaves a lot to be desired. The way out they didn't carry half the items listed because they had been delisted, this apparently was only after a few weeks? On the return the flight was shambolic, no hot food by the time we got served in the middle of the aircraft, we waited in excess of 1hr 45mins for a drink. Crew either incompetent or inexperienced. No tonics carried that day due to stock issues! No crisps, hardly any hot food to buy. Only red wine available. The flight was painful start and end to the holiday. Never again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  12 June 2014 by D Brushwood    (UK)

Doncaster - Paphos. Seated in seat 2a,b,c due to my son being autistic. Airline arranged this ahead of time and arranged same seats on return. Uneventful flight. No flight meal as they now only do a pay meal from the eatery range. Decent leg room.