Thomson Airways Passenger Reviews and Thomson Airways Customer Trip Reports

Thomson Airways Customer review :  5 May 2013 by Theo Williams    (UK)

Manchester to Cancun, we were ready for take-off when a fault was discovered. We taxied back to the terminal, then left on the aircraft without water or food for 3.25 hours whilst the engineers tried to fix the problem. We were then disembarked, and bussed back to the terminal without Thomson representation or any advice or guidance on next steps. Eventually we were asked to collect our baggage and stayed at the airport hotel until the following day. We flew out eventually 23.5 hours late. The service throughout was non-existent, with a catalogue of promised updates that didn't come, alongside receiving no updates or advice when it should have been due or apology. To add insult to injury, once we did get under way, food and gift options had been forgotten.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  2 May 2013 by P Birchall    (UK)

Premium economy Manchester to Dominican Republic return. On both flights we found cabin staff very friendly and helpful. Inflight entertainment provided was excellent. Comfort was good, seats comfy and plenty of legroom. The pamper packs provided proved to be most useful. Inflight meals of the highest standard and drinks service regular. All in all a very enjoyable experience and can't wait to fly Thomson premium again!

Thomson Airways Customer review :  29 April 2013 by Chris Ramsden    (UK)

Just travelled to Tenerife and back, flight only with Thomson. Flight out from Manchester, 20th April at 13.55pm. Off on time, new plane, great staff, comfortable seats and arrived early. Did not purchase any food. Back on 27th April, 19.25pm from TFS arrived early in Manchester, again a great flight, friendly staff and new aircraft. Such a contrast from our last flight with Monarch. Will definitely fly Thomson again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  26 April 2013 by M Hicks    (UK)

Just travelled to Marrakech with Thomson Airways. We have now travelled with Thomson 3 times since they changed from an inflight meal service to purchasing snacks. On the way back from Marrakech which was a 3 hour 10 minute flight at tea time. We were sat on row 20 which is about 2/3's the way back of the plane. The snack service took over 2 hours to get to us. The cabin crew were like headless chickens up and down the aisle collecting hot food from the rear of the plane and passing it between the rear and front trolley. Go back to a full meal service and stick another few quid on each ticket. It is much simpler and surely easier on the poor cabin crew.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  26 April 2013 by R McNeil    (Scotland)

Premium

Booked extra leg room seats for our flight, however, prior to going on holiday my wife had to have a shoulder op, therefore did not meet the min requirements for those seats, so we upgraded to Premium Economy at the extra cost. One week prior to travel we were told that due to technical reasons our return aircraft had changed and that we would not be traveling back P/E (what technical issues did they foresee 3 weeks down the road). This happened to a number of people on our flight, and other flights after that, apparently not an uncommon occurrence for Thomson to do this. Appalling customer service, with hardly an apology.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  25 April 2013 by H Singh    (UK)

Stansted to Rhodes and back. The flight was comfortable and nice clean leather seats although not a flexible pitch. The legroom was enough for me. There was no option for tv but it just for 3hr 50 mins flight. The inflight meal was on payment and they served nice hot meal. The water bottles are really expensive.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  24 April 2013 by Lucy Hardy    (UK)

Bristol - Tenerife - Bristol, travelled in April on Boeing 757-200. Noticed that we had more legroom than previously and was informed on return journey that they have removed some seats in response to passenger comments and its not much more roomy. Plenty for a four hour flight, but shame about the entertainment being switched off still. Food and drink reasonable and service excellent.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  24 April 2013 by Stephen P Kennedy    (UK)

I am a frequent traveller and in the most recent years I have suffered severely with arthritic knees and hence require an extra leg room seat. I have found that this, given the appropriate booking time allowance has never been a problem on other airlines. Thomson however have as other airlines always told me to book only seven days in advance, but never deliver, only to tell you on the day that all leg room seats are booked. I am currently at the RIU Karaamboa I Boa Vista Cape Verde and returning home on the 30th April to Gatwick. The usual story I'm afraid, after requesting my leg room seat on arrival I was told to request 7 days before departure (today) when I'm told that there was none available.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  17 April 2013 by Joe Wildman    (UK)

We were flying from Bristol to Orlando on a B767-300. The flight all went smoothly. However, on arriving at Orlando airport we found out the aircraft had pressurisation problems back at Bristol. So we had a long 8-9 hour wait (longer than our flight), whilst they flew in a very old, and uncomfortable B757-200. It was a very bad flight.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  17 April 2013 by L Walters    (UK)

I cannot find the words that express how bad this flight is. Just returned from Tunisia - but having left the hotel before breakfast and then find on the flight they did not have enough food, and I am diabetic. All they said y is 'we have sold out of that' - Food, Drinks and Duty Free. Previously on a trip to Egypt they forgot to load the food on board.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  12 April 2013 by F Chappell    (UK)

Manchester to Punta Cana, December 2012 in Economy and had plenty of leg room. I'm only 5'6" so not very tall but could stretch my legs out fully in front of me no problem. Plane was 2-3-2 rather than 2-4-2 which we had the previous time. Staff were good, friendly and always at hand. Paid the extra £5 for the extra TV options which I think is worth it just for the on demand option. Food was good though the pillows on the night flight home are pretty useless, better to take your own neck pillow. All in all I would definitely recommend Thomson/First Choice and will be flying with them long-haul in the future.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  5 April 2013 by S Rielly    (UK)

Manchester to Cancun. Booked extra legroom seats in economy, no problem with legroom. The problem was, my seat was faulty and would not stay in the upright position. Every time I tried to relax, as you would on an almost 11 hour flight, the poor guy behind me would have the back of my seat almost in his face. The stewardess did try to fix it, to no avail. Basically we endured a hellish flight, as we had to sit bolt upright. The food was so so, nothing to rave about. The other big issue  was that about 5 hours into the flight 3 of the 5 toilets were blocked and out of order. Drinks were not served after the announcement regarding blocked toilets. Thankfully I had brought water on board, but really felt it for those who hadn't. I would never fly more than a couple of hours again with Thomsons.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  3 April 2013 by M Whiteley    (UK)

Manchester - Malaga - Manchester, 08/03/2013 to 19/03/2013. Both aircraft's were fairly new 737 which have the new Dreamliner style interior. The blue leather seats were comfortable enough for a short flight, especially considering I am 6ft 1 tall! I did notice that the aircraft could have done with a deep clean. Service on board was professional and friendly. The onboard menu was quite expensive - especially £2.50 for a tiny portion of chips. I highly recommend the cheese and tomato Panini which although does not look nice tasted delicious. The only IFE is the map, this may be an issue if on a longer flight. This is the first time flying with Thomson Airways as I usually fly with Monarch and overall I was satisfied and will use them again if the price is right.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  2 April 2013 by Liam Morby    (UK)

Leeds Bradford to Sharm El Sheik. Never been particularly bothered about the quality of 'package airlines' such as this but on this occasion I felt the aircraft was of a poor standard considering the length of flight (5.5 hours). Too often on Thomson flights there is a complete lack of hot food options (despite the fact that prices are over inflated and they need you to buy things). The seat quality and leg room for a medium haul flight wasn't acceptable. Of course a pillow and blanket can be bought - but I doubt this would compensate. No inflight entertainment i.e. TV, radio, papers, magazines. The only thing of interest was to observe how much people bought from the endless trolley services or over priced food, drinks, souvenirs and duty free. Thomson seem to be severely lacking in the art of distraction.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  2 April 2013 by K Oldfield    (UK)

Manchester to Sharm-El-Sheikh return. Without any doubt the worst flight we have been on. Never been so uncomfortable, horrible leather seats, no overhead air vents. Then they have the cheek to charge £1.40 for a tea bag and some hot water, and £7.50 plus £2.50 for head phones if you want to watch a television. Come on Thomson, I didn't expect Emirates standards, but you really need to up your game!

Thomson Airways Customer review :  30 March 2013 by A Aston    (UK)

Premium

Flight out delayed an hour. We were flying to Cancun we had about 2.5 hours to go when they said there was only 1 toilet working, people were queuing 45 mins to use it. The inflight service stopped which is very annoying when you have upgraded. The seats were very uncomfortable, there was a crying child in front and when the seat in front was reclined they were almost in your lap. Food was mediocre.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  25 March 2013 by Louis Jameson    (UK)

I flew twice with Thomson last year, BRS-EFL (Kefalonia) in May 2012 and BRS-FUE (F'ventura) in Sep 2012. Both flights had attentive staff and as I am blind they went through the safety brief, not all airlines do. The seats were very hard with tight leg room, B757s on both routes. I felt the new onboard catering was good, had a baguette which was tasty. I cannot say they are a good airline but adequate and I will use them in the future.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  22 March 2013 by S Hunter    (UK)

Manchester - Puerto Plata - Manchester. Travelled in the Premium Cabin for the first time, row 2 on right- hand side of plane (opp side to the loo). Very impressed - all aspects comparable to a Virgin Premium Economy seat (apart from Virgin seats are wider), for half the price. Good and plentiful food, individually served. Good entertainment. Snacks/water/drinks/ice cream all kept on coming. Complimentary papers and magazines and useful pamper pack. Coupled with the priority check-in and fast track security I was really impressed - especially after an awful trip to Sharm in the regular cabin the year before. Very pleasantly surprised.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  19 March 2013 by G Taylor    (UK)

Luton - Sharm el Sheikh - Luton. Just returned from a Cruise and Stay package - a wonderful holiday only marred by the flights. It would seem now that Thomson Airways do all they can to make this part of the holiday as uncomfortable and unpleasant as possible. Staff are miserable, food is awful and seating cramped. You can only concentrate on the disadvantages even more because there is no in-flight entertainment to take your mind of the inadequacies over a 5 plus hour flight. When my husband ordered food on our evening flight home we were told by a grumpy crew member that 'you can only have what wasn't wanted from the outward bound flight, so not everything is available - after all you really can't expect us to cater for 400 people!' If Thomson Airways continue in this way, then we just have to look elsewhere to get to our holiday destination.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  25 February 2013 by K Tyler    (UK)

Premium

Flew to and from Maldives. Outbound flight was okay but return flight was terrible. The cabin crew in premium were downright rude. My husband had been watching one of the onboard films and it reset itself after half an hour, he asked the steward what had happened and the steward said, 'I didn't even know the films had started yet but don't worry, you have another 11.5 hours to watch it'. I was sat in the middle seat of the centre row, I was served my tray of food from the right hand crew, but they bypassed me with the actual meal, wine and roll, so when my husband was being served from the left hand crew, he asked her for a meal, wine and roll for me first, she said I will be served from the other side, who had already finished serving by the way, and when I pointed this out, she huffed and almost threw my meal at me. Later into the flight, my husband needed some water, and as he didn't want to wake the people around him by calling the cabin crew, he went to their kitchen area and asked for a bottle, only to be greeted with great huffs and the crew looking amongst themselves to see who would serve, everything just seems to much trouble for them. We paid a lot extra to sit in the premium cabin, but be warned, the extra wide seats do not apply to the centre seat in the middle row, this seat is the same size as the seats in economy. Thomson really need to look at all the seats on their flights, they are so old, the cushion has collapsed on them and it is like sitting on a block of wood. I will never fly long haul with Thomson again, the crew on this last flight has put both myself and my husband off using this company.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  23 February 2013 by Glenn Biffen    (UK)

LGW-LXR-LGW. Having read reviews on this airline, I felt dread; mainly because of the seat pitch, my height and a knee problem, but I discovered that although it was a bit tight, it was comfortable enough. Both flights were at least 98% full and when the cabin service was in full swing, the queue for the toilets meant chaos ensued. The aircraft was very modern and clean though and cabin crew were pleasant enough, although a smile from some of them wouldn't go amiss sometimes. Safety video made my partner and I smile though!

Thomson Airways Customer review :  21 February 2013 by Nicola Neyhaul    (UK)

Birmingham to Las Palmas on 11 February and back the week later. 757-200 both ways. Pretty cramped on the outbound flight but loads of room on the inbound - there seemed to be some row numbers missing. I thought the cabin crew were excellent both ways and the Captain's handling of the sudden go slow at LPA on the return was managed with great aplomb. Yes I wish they'd bring back a proper meal and entertainment but we coped for 3hrs and 45mins.