Thomson Airways Passenger Reviews and Thomson Airways Customer Trip Reports

Thomson Airways Customer review :  11 June 2013 by Rob Oldham    (UK)

Cardiff to Dalaman on 20/5/2013 and return on 30/5/2013. We often travel from Cardiff with Thomson and always have great service. On the outward flight the aircraft was clean and tidy and took off early, Excellent announcements from the cockpit crew and even told us sights we were overflying, Cabin Crew were very helpful and attentive. Its a shame that Thomson have removed the inflight entertainment but didn't seem to bother anyone, Food was great but perhaps a bit expensive. Return flight was also excellent, departed 25mins early from Dalaman and arrived in Cardiff 1hr early, A bit bumpy on the way back but again excellent announcements from the cockpit. All in all a great experience and as always is from Cardiff with Thomson.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  8 June 2013 by A Lord    (Scotland)

Edinburgh to Palma (18/05/13) on the Sunwings aircraft that Thomson are using out of Edinburgh this year. The plane was comfortable, better than the usual Thomson offerings supplied by Monarch that we've had previously. Cabin crew going out weren't too bad but coming back they seem to be more human and interacted with passengers. After a delayed take off from Edinburgh (1 hour delay) they announced that orders would be taken for any hot foods, bacon baguettes seemed to be the order of the day only for staff to then come round telling most folk that they'd run out due to not getting the full quota of baguettes. Due to the plane being Canadian all the safety announcements were made in English and French which was different. On the return flight there were no announcements from the flight deck other which I thought was somewhat unusual and the seatbelt signs seemed to be activated after the turbulence not before!

Thomson Airways Customer review :  7 June 2013 by B Endean    (UK)

Flew to Lanzarote in April from Newcastle. Had pre booked and chosen our seats, when we boarded the plane asked why we didn't have seats we chose, told different plane but we were seated together. Very rude staff, no people skills at all. Plane was cramped, no leg room, seat in front was pressing on my knees - felt so claustrophobic. When getting off plane same member of staff very sarcastically said you might get right seats going back as it wont be same plane. Coming back didn't get right seats again, better plane more room.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  5 June 2013 by N Blanchette    (UK)

After reading reviews was terrified that I was flying with Thomson, but flight from Luton to Las Palmas was great, smooth check in, cabin staff polite and attentive. Sat together 3 of us there and back at no extra cost. Only had drinks on outward flight but enjoyed hot snacks on way back, no complaints at all and will fly with them again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  4 June 2013 by J Wastie    (UK)

London Gatwick to Aruba, May 2013. First flight with Thomson, never again! I object to having to pay in order to sit with your family, that should be given. 2 hour delay on the way out, no proper communication. Ground staff said it was due to cleaning and maintenance requirements after previous flight delays. Captain then said it was due to an incident at Heathrow meaning too many flights having to go out of Gatwick. Plane was shabby and old, working a 2-3-2 configuration. Staff seemed miserable and de-motivated, plane full which meant constant queue for toilets. Space issues meant that queuing got in the way of cabin crew constantly selling. One of our tables had a broken arm. Food was fine and so was in-flight entertainment. On the return journey, there was another 2 hour delay, with no explanation given. Had the same seats and the table still had a broken arm! This was a night flight and none of the lights for the middle aisles were working so couldn't read a book or even see to fill in their questionnaire the whole journey! Cabin crew tried to fix them but couldn't. Again - miserable female staff, males were a bit more cheerful. Will never fly with Thomson again, BA, Virgin and Thomas Cook are infinitely better.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  4 June 2013 by Ray Bather    (UK)

Manchester to Boa Vista, April 2013. I booked every extra as a special treat for my girlfriend and Thomson failed on every one. Airport lounge was appalling and we left early. Fast Track security was open to all, another lot of money wasted. The bubbly and chocks booked, the cabin crew had no knowledge of, and refused to give me the chocolates. Only 2 drinks services on a 7 hour flight. Having booked legroom seats at 85 pp for the return, the airline denied all knowledge the day before return. On check in we were 6 rows apart having previously selected adjoining seats. The bar had sold out on the outbound flight. Lazy cabin crew, disinterested reps, old, tired aircraft, poor selection of airport partners (lounges) and no quality control. Unfortunately they were the only option to my chosen destination. Next time I will chose more wisely.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  30 May 2013 by J Freeman    (UK)

Manchester to Sanford Florida at the beginning of May, it was the first time we have travelled with Thomson and will be the last. The plane was dirty and the seats were tatty and uncomfortable, the films would not play and the staff were very rude. Food was terrible and was skimmed across to us with such force I didn't know if I would be eating it or wearing it.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  29 May 2013 by I Lucas    (UK)

We flew from Glasgow to Cancun and back. The seats were worn, filthy and torn. I had to keep all of my things on the floor the whole flight which was uncomfortable on a 10.5 hour flight. My husband and I don't drink alcohol, we kindly asked them to sell us diet coke or water with the dinner but staff said "No, sorry. Only red or white wine." It's unacceptable to eat only chocolate or sweets for 10.5 hours. The food they served was microwaved pasta which makes you feel full for 30 minutes. On a 10.5 hour flight we could only buy something to drink 2 times. The plane was extremely warm and passengers was sweaty and thirsty. Service from staff was non existent.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  28 May 2013 by Brian Currid    (Scotland)

Flight Tom1454 ex Edinburgh to Lanzarote 02/05/13. Booked in at 04.45 for a 07.10 departure-advised 3 hour delay. Departure board at 09.00 advised flight now cancelled. At least 15 minutes to be advised by tanoy - "collect luggage from baggage hall2. 30/40 minutes later we were being bussed to Glasgow for a 14.30 departure - no sign of any Thomson Staff. At Glasgow 1 hr 15 mins to be rebooked in again at check in. After going through security check in for a second time went for a bite to eat with our "8 food vouchers". Went to the departure gate to find that the flight was now departing at 15.30. Gate staff gave the impression that they were being put out. Boarded the plane to find that our seats were not the extra leg room seats that we had paid for at time of booking, but just normal row seating. Cabin manager did not want to know when approached for an answer/solution, her overall attitude left a great deal to be desired. Pilot announced to passengers "please do not take out all our frustrations out on the cabin crew". Arrive 8.5 hours late in Lanzarote. I find it unbelievable that passengers/customers that can and are treated in this way, especially not from a major airline like Thomson.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  24 May 2013 by C Snowball    (UK)

14 March 2013, Manchester - Tenerife South, Flight TOM2458. Return 21 March 2013, Flight TOM2459. I will keep it short. No entertainment. No proper food - microwaved. Staff more interested in duty free selling than looking after customers comfort. Plastic bags full of sandwiches kept in overhead lockers. Seats torn and sagging, pull down tables broken. Will be a long time before I use them again. I did send a letter of complaint which has taken 8 weeks to be acknowledged.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  24 May 2013 by S Bates    (UK)

We travelled to Zante on a 737 800, in all the years we have flown it was the worst plane! It was too small, the cabin much smaller. The seats were uncomfortable and worn and if you are tall then there is no chance! No entertainment on board. Hated the whole experience, cant believe they use them on 3.5 hrs journey. As for the toilets, keep well away, no room at all.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  23 May 2013 by G Rudland    (UK)

Flew to Egypt in February. From the day before departure up until reaching the airport on the morning of our flight we were trying to book extra baggage allowance. We were given 15kg for an 11 night holiday. At check in desk we were 10kg over between 4 people, that cost us 110. Said that we tried to book more baggage, told the website closes 3 days before travel. Not told this at time of booking, it is not on there website neither is it in their terms and conditions, apparently it does not have to be. Told to buy extra luggage allowance to save paying on return journey which we did. You do not have to do that as no one checks your weight at Sharm El Sheik airport they are not interested how much your suitcase weighs. We will be very careful when using Thomson again as they are one of the dearest package holiday companies but give you the least of everything.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  22 May 2013 by P Rose    (UK)

Flew out on the 13th May and to be honest was dreading the flight because of all the bad reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. Lots of legroom, not cramped, prompt service for food and drink which was good and the cabin crew were fine. Return journey however, the cabin crew were too busy talking to each other to bother about whether or not we had been served food and drink, we had to ask for hot food which we got but were then not charged for because he forgot about us, all a bit hit and miss. Plane was ok though, again lots of legroom, cabin crew needed to be more attentive, we had an hour and half delay out of Gatwick which was a pain but coming back from Gran Canaria on 20th May there were no delays. No entertainment which is not good, people have taken note of this and took their own entertainment on board and a lot of people also took their own food.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  20 May 2013 by K Fletcher-Biles    (UK)

I was dreading the Thomson flight from Gatwick to Sharm last week. The last time I flew on this route was on an old 757 with very cramped seats and no elbow room. My flight booking indicated that we would be on the same type of aircraft. What a surprise on boarding! A brand new 737-800, clean and fresh with almost decent legroom. The price is such that this is what should be supplied on this route, it is no longer a cheap option to fly Thomson. There is no entertainment at all on a 5.5 hour flight, not even recorded music. Thank god for i-pods. The bacon baguette was decent and the drinks not too expensive. The only niggle is that I often fly on full service carriers to Thailand (Twice the distance) with everything free and great in flight entertainment for only 100 more. Not only are the fares now much higher you are charged for baggage, seat allocation, food, drink etc.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  17 May 2013 by J Everett    (UK)

Leeds Bradford to Sharm El Sheik was satisfactory although many passengers were unhappy with the lack of any entertainment. We had booked the extra leg room seats and these were fine with lots of leg room, however there appeared to be little food to eat and that which was available was rather expensive. However, on the flight back the plane took off late (no explanation nor apology). The crew were the slowest I have seen (it took almost an hour to serve drinks and food to row 5). As the crew started at the front and rear of the plane, it became clear that there was not sufficient food on board (there had been no hot food and only 'a couple of sandwiches' - which had sold before row 5! Since the extra leg room seats are in row 16 which is the middle of the plane, there was no food left even for the children (as adults in desperation had ordered these!). Again the duty free followed the same route, therefore after trying to purchase 5 different items in a row (out of stock, did not have any), one could only feel rather put out that we had paid extra for a minimal amount of extra leg room on the return journey and for this extra fee we got the worst service possible. Even when raising this with the crew, the reply was that they were 'fed up of giving Thompson feedback as it is ignored!'. So, in warning, no entertainment, no food, no duty free. Very basic service.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  16 May 2013 by Brian Mccreanor    (UK)

We fly with Thomsom/First Choice a few times each year to Mombasa in Kenya, for us it is good and comfortable. We have just returned from Mombasa on 5th May 2013, the food was smashing, the staff very helpful and polite - what more can you ask. Being disabled I know they will look after me and my wife.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  13 May 2013 by R Muir    (UK)

Manchester to Larnaca return. The 757 was showing its age, and the cabin crew seemed a little more interested in gossiping among themselves than offering a prompt service. However, we arrived on time on both flights, and actually departed early on the way home. The croque monsieur, bacon baguette and chips were all pretty good. We knew before booking that there would be no IFE, tight legroom and no traditional meals and in fairness to Thomson they met our expectations. Far from a bad experience.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  8 May 2013 by Mark Hayward    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Sanford Florida on an old workhorse (as described by the pilot) Boeing 767 in economy, this aircraft was used because of the Dreamliner issues. Seating configuration was 2-3-2. Seat width was not good but legroom was decent. My biggest complaint has to be the staff who just were not interested in the passengers, I was knocked a couple of times by passing crew with not a word of apology from them.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  7 May 2013 by J Davies    (UK)

Regardless of anything else, the fact that this company charge me 1500 for a week away and then want me to pay to sit next to my partner is simply not acceptable. I can see why one might be asked to pay for seat selection in the prime spots but to have 2 seats together, no, that is wrong. This is the last holiday I book with Thomson. If I wanted to be treated like this I would have used Ryanair.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  6 May 2013 by S Roscoe    (UK)

Premium

Flew premium cabin to Punta Cana, April 2013. Return flight was terrible. The seats were old and the cushioning was worn. As we were served last, we had no choice of menu and had to make do with the food that nobody else wanted. The cabin crew were short and rude to some passengers and they appeared to be improperly trained to deal with passenger demands and were unable to remain professional when dealing with passengers. A training need maybe? Thomson seem to have gone 'downhill' lately. What has happened to them? Lack of competition perhaps?

Thomson Airways Customer review :  6 May 2013 by Catherine Unitt    (UK)

Departure from Cardiff Airport - surly and unhelpful check in staff. Although my carry on luggage was the correct dimension, it weighed more than the sparse 5kg - my fault for not checking this. However other airlines allow 10kg carry on. I had to pay 44 to put bag in hold. During my holiday I tried to use the 'manage my booking' online option to pre pay for my return luggage and not incur further penalty charges. However, this proved impossible. Thomson's login screen doesn't allow a departure date to be inserted once you have left the UK - so you can't get beyond the login screen. Their systems seem to be engineered to extort as much money as possible out of passengers. This is the first time I have flown with Thomson and will not do so again.