Thomson Airways Passenger Reviews and Thomson Airways Customer Trip Reports

Thomson Airways Customer review :  23 December 2013 by T New    (UK)

Good experience with Thomson Airways travelling on the Dreamliner. The cabin crew were professional, polite and helpful. I'm a nervous flier and the flight deck crew made me feel safe with regular updates about the flight and timings etc. The plane food was tasty and the tea/coffee included with the meal was both welcome and a surprise as we thought we had to pay for all beverages. The only thing that didn't make it excellent was having to pay for snacks and drinks in between meals. Aside from that it was up there near Emirates on service and product (the best I've experienced). If only they hadn't marketed the food with the label "economy club". The complimentary daily mail on the way back was a nice touch as I was desperate to find out what was going on in the world. We flew economy so were surprised. The inflight entertainment was okay. A better selection of music and movies could improve this. Pleasantly surprised all in all and would definitely use them again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  17 December 2013 by P Scully    (UK)

Premium

We flew the new Boeing Dreamliner, Manchester to Barbados to join a P&O cruise ship, it was superb, just 7.5 hours out and 6.5 hours returning. 41,000ft at speeds up to 650 mph. The service was good, the food better on the outbound, not wonderful but good. However the design of the seating whilst very comfortable made exiting when the flat screens employed virtually impossible. Finding the control and call buttons is also a challenge. The choice of in flight entertainment was very limited, in particular music. We are used to Emirates economy where there is just so much choice. We have been back in the UK for a few days now and the jet lag does not seem as bad as previously.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  10 December 2013 by P Cowell    (UK)

MAN-CUN-MAN, B787 Dreamliner, Economy Class both ways. Inflight Entertainment good, crew / service good. Slightly better outbound than inbound. Food perfectly acceptable - hot and tasty. Coffee served with meal is lousy though. Only gripe is that seats are too narrow (I'm average build but sat in the middle seat for 8 hours plus through the night is uncomfortable and claustrophobic - especially when seat in front is reclined).

Thomson Airways Customer review :  9 December 2013 by G Morell    (UK)

TOM810/1, LGW-HRG-LGW. After reading reviews we weren't exactly looking forward to our 5hrs plus flight to Egypt. Both flights on a B737-800 and just 5 empty seats outbound and a full flight on the return. It really wasn't that bad. Legroom wasn't as tight as I expected and perfectly ok for my 5ft 11ins. Crew worked hard and considering the long flights (they don't stop over, but return straight way) did very well. Food and drink payable on board, very similar to a LCC now. I would have preferred a meal service given the length of this flight.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  6 December 2013 by Michael Shellock    (UK)

Flew from Cancun to LGW on flight TOM 063 which was scheduled to depart Cancun at 16.20 hrs local time 1/11/13 but, due to as yet proved reasons, did not depart until 13.05hrs the following day 2/11/13 - a delay of nearly 21 hours. Together with another flight, TOM195 to Manchester due to fly 17.00hrs on 1/11/13 but flew 11.30 hrs 2/11/13, we were eventually transferred to the Riu Palace Peninsular for overnight stay having stood at Cancun airport for 7 hours! Blame for delay of both flights according to Thomson staff was that check-in was prevented by SITA or US TSA failing to confirm passenger details since aircraft flew over US airspace, although staff admitted that Thomson failed to send info on time &/or that info had errors. On top of that delay with all the to-ing and fro-ing then the crew were timed out! On our eventual flight, as we were getting settled in our seats, guess what one of flight staff asked us to do - you guessed it, please fill your questionnaire about our holiday experience! The food was pretty disappointing too!

Thomson Airways Customer review :  5 December 2013 by P Hartley    (UK)

Uncomfortable, dirty aircraft. No food or drink when delayed, and no compensation due to hiding behind "exceptional circumstances".

Thomson Airways Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Vicky Coates    (UK)

Flew BHX-SIN-BHX on 757-200 in row 20 outbound and row 25 inbound. Far too cramped and claustrophobic for a 6 hour flight. Impossible to get comfortable in the seat or walk down the aisle without tripping over someone's foot and hitting someone's knee or elbow. I'm 5'2" and small and I had trouble moving around. There was no entertainment of any description which just isn't good enough for a flight that long. The food wasn't great but edible and if you wanted to drink anything with the meal you had to buy it. The crew was a mixture of those who seemed to enjoy their job and others who would rather have been elsewhere. They ran out of most duty free items on the inbound journey. I wouldn't choose to fly with Thomson again unless they invest more in their ageing fleet and inflight entertainment.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  3 December 2013 by P Reynolds    (UK)

BHX - HRG, B757-200. I pre purchased extra legroom seats (row 8) as I had flown on this type of aircraft before and found the seats very tight for a 5 hour plus journey. Well worth the extra as I had at least 36in legroom. The outbound flight left 3 mins early and arrived 10 mins early, similar coming back. Yes there was a bit of sell, sell, sell, but I suppose they need to make some money. Overall a good experience with the extra legroom seats and wouldn't hesitate to book again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Jeffrey Matt    (UK)

TOM5678/5679, Luton-Las Palmas-Luton. Aircraft both ways was a 737-800 with the return aircraft being only a few months old. Outward flight left on time & the cabin crew were friendly and efficient. Flight deck crew both ways were fantastic and very informative about our flight and routing. PA was very loud which was great as I enjoy listening to updates from the flight deck. Legroom good on both sectors. Return flight 30 mins late departing but no fault of Thomson just volume of traffic at Las Palmas. Hot food purchased on board was nice and drinks services were frequent for a short haul flight. Overall very impressed with Thomson.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  2 December 2013 by K Dugan    (UK)

We flew back from Mexico, Cancun on 26/11, sat in 37 E, above the seat tissue paper was shoved into the roof, it was slowly dripping water. On take off, as the aircraft leans back water rushes out and pours over me and the passenger in front. Alerted the cabin crew, they simply said it was the condensation on the air conditioning due to the heat of Mexico, no apology. Asked to report to maintenance staff, the cabin crew outright refused saying it wasn't a maintenance issue, it was normal for the aircraft to do that. Seating is very cramped, cabin crew look untidy and have a terrible attitude toward passengers. Food was ok to poor, out bound was better than in bound meal. Entertainment was the only decent thing, with plenty of films to watch. Would strongly recommend people to consider other travel providers before using Thomson.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  29 November 2013 by L Dolder    (UK)

We have just travelled to the Maldives on the 787 Dreamliner. We sat in row 35. I think there is a definite design fault with this aircraft. The toilets are at the back, which were fine but the ones at row 30 have not been logically placed. They serve everyone in the middle section of the aircraft and people in the low to mid 30's look forward and see these ones rather than the rear ones. On our night flight out, theses new loud super flushing toilets with their noisy pivot doors were in constant use. The constant whooshing of the loos and banging of the doors could be heard all night from row 35 goodness knows how cross the people who paid for extra leg room in row 30 must gave felt. As if this wasn't enough of a noise the cabin crew obviously had lost something as with a small light they proceeded to open every single overhead storage compartment and close it 3 times during the night, I guess it was the forms you fill in to gain access to the Maldives as they announced they had run out before we landed. I also feel that although the leg room is good the width room didn't feel very spacious and due to the configuration of 3x3x3 there were a lot of people, who I guess hadn't booked seats together, who were across isles or one behind each other for the flight. The captains messages were also not very loud and clear so you couldn't always hear what had been said. A positive thing, the new design windows that black out are great.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  21 November 2013 by A Starr    (UK)

Myself and my husband recently travelled from Manchester to Cancun on the Dreamliner - TOM 144, 26 October. The flight itself was great ie entertainment, comfort and the cabin crew were very pleasant. We were absolutely disgusted though with the standard of food offered. The main meal was a chicken and rice dish which was awful but the teatime cheese and pickle ploughman's on some sort of bread was absolutely disgusting. It really turned my stomach and my husband refused to eat his as well. The flight was 10 hours long so I would have expected a better standard of food with the money we paid. On return TOM145, 9 November - the food was not much better. The best part was the bacon sandwich for breakfast just before landing at Manchester. Thomson are letting themselves down.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 November 2013 by Glenn Biffen    (UK)

Travelled out from LGW last Sunday. Aircraft was late boarding (20 minute ). Once on board we were We flew as 'flight only' passengers: EMA-ALC-EMA; travelling to own apartment so no hold baggage whatsoever. Dismayed that even for this travel status there was no on-line checking facility. The weight and size restriction was adhered to (5kgs so quite limited compared to most) however, as a result, many essential items such as documents were ultimately (and accidently) left at home so as to avoid problems and embarrassment. Arrived to check in for this early flight and discovered that majority of passengers had cabin baggage that deserved to be in the hold and appeared not to be checked for size and weight. Rules need to be consistent across the board with this airline regardless of your travel status. On-line check in would be a good idea too! Overall, cabin crew were fairly good.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 November 2013 by Graham Bateman    (UK)

Travelled out from LGW last Sunday. Aircraft was late boarding (20 minute ). Once on board we were informed by the captain that we were still refuelling and this would take another 20 minutes. Once this had bee completed we were then told of a further 20 minute delay as they were waiting for a spare part to take on our flight to Mali. This delay turned I to a 1 hour and 30 minute hold up stuck on the plane! I travel frequently and I have to say that Thomson are really going down hill. Staff only interested in trying to sell the duty free.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  10 November 2013 by K Hughes    (UK)

My husband and I travelled on our 5th flight in 3 years with Thomson from Birmingham to Rhodes and the outbound flight was a complete shambles. We purchased extra leg room seats at the airport and these were located at the front of the plane. Immediately upon boarding the cabin manager exclaimed that Thomson really shouldn't sell those seats as they were in her workspace so we could get a lot of disturbance - very professional of her! 30 minutes into the flight a cabin crew member was taken ill and was seated in the kitchen area in front of us and opposite the toilet. We were then all told we could no longer use that toilet because it impinged on her privacy and had to use the one's located the other end of the plane. Okay but the way the crew spoke to passengers who were queuing was an utter disgrace they were so rude. We had paid over 1000 for our seats and were spoken to as if we were just a complete nuisance for wanting basic needs to be met. There were 2 crew members looking after the one taken ill and service in the cabin was severely inhibited because of this and passengers were unable to obtain food and drink and told to stay seated. The Cabin manager told us that the reason her colleague had been taken ill was because she had been doing a fasting diet - very irresponsible when she had duty of care to hundreds of passengers at 37000 feet! When we were due to land I was told I needed to move from my seat so that the ill crew member could be seated near the exit for landing and I was hurriedly escorted to a crew seat at the back of the plane and told to leave my belongings because I could get them later. I was given no assistance to get back to my seat, my husband and my belongings when the plane landed and this was virtually impossible to do with all the passengers blocking the aisle. My husband did not realise I had put the books purchased at the airport to enjoy on my holiday in the overhead locker and subsequently they got left behind. My complaint to Thomson took 2 months to get a response and their reply was inadequate. It appears that customer service comes way down the list of their priorities and we will not travel with Thomson again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  6 November 2013 by W Smith    (UK)

Travelled on the Dreamliner from East Midlands to Cancun 16/10/2013 and returned 31/10/13, fantastic plane, smooth flight, mood lighting reflects the time of day / night and didn't suffer with much jet lag after return. Lots of room in economy and I'm glad I didn't upgrade to cabin, plenty of entertainment to choose from seat back touch screen TV and excellent food and service. Can't wait to book up and fly on the Dreamliner again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  5 November 2013 by T Cal    (UK)

Flew MAN-IBZ-MAN on TOM2322/2323 on the Boeing 757-200 which was the exact aircraft going as coming back. The cabin crew were pleasant and welcomed each passenger on board and pointing out which way each passenger was seated. Leg room was fair but for a 2 hour 30 min flying time it didn't bother me but any longer would have presented a problem. If flying long haul the leg room wouldn't be ideal to places such as SID etc. IFE seemed to be TVs that were overhead but due to the shortness of flight were not used. The cabin service was adequate however everything you had to pay an inflated price for but not as bad as Ryanair etc. Flight deck announcements were great and kept the cabin up to date including cruising altitudes and route information with weather information also. Overall the Thomson B757-200 is a great aircraft however would only be ideal for me flying 3 hours or less unless the seat pitch was improved like other airlines.