Thomson Airways Passenger Reviews and Thomson Airways Customer Trip Reports

Thomson Airways Customer review :  10 February 2014 by M Ward    (UK)

I will never use this company again, after flying from Manchester to Montego Bay and paying for Premium Upgrade I was disgusted, the seats were shabby the entertainment system kept breaking down and the drinks service was non existent. On the return flight the arm of my seat fell apart. I for one will never use Thomson again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  7 February 2014 by John Moore    (UK)

Premium

We used the Dreamliner from Gatwick to Phuket Thailand. The Dreamliner is a superb plane and the jet lag was minimised. Our complaint is the stub for screens etc which is between each passenger and projects too far toward the seat in front and makes for a very difficult exit to the toilet etc. Everyone seemed to mention this and although the staff were sympathetic, this design needs urgent re-styling considering the extra charged. I also felt that the food was not up to scratch, particularly on the return journey. I always highly rated Thomson food, but not on this occasion. Most people seemed to think that with the introduction of the Deamliner, this was a golden opportunity lost to upgrade the safety video and get rid of "that precocious child." I do hope that when we use Thomson again, possibly to Thailand, then the Premium seat problem will have been sorted.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  5 February 2014 by J Hayle    (UK)

Premium

Dreamliner LGW-GOA in premium cabin. Definitely not worth the extra 900, priority boarding at Gatwick and priority luggage off on return to Gatwick was good. Service out to Goa was good, lovely food, lots of drinks services, tea, coffee etc. nice crew out (Gatwick based) return journey crew were miserable (except for a good lady in premium), food was awful and inedible. Ran out of various drinks. Hardly any cabin services (and I didn't want alcohol just water and tea etc. Sat in two seats together each way. Fine until the seats in front recline and the person by the window has to climb over the person next to them. Poor designed windows which even on darkest setting let the blinding sun through. Lots of the chairs look shabby already and the arm rests sunk in when you leant on them. two toilets in cabin but the economy pax kept coming in to use them. On the good side, go in economy in the extra leg room seats. Felt no jet lag either way. We hit fast head winds and a jet stream on the return journey but the turbulence was definitely diminished by the plane. A beautiful plane but was a bit disappointed I think the crew on the return journey really let it down.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  5 February 2014 by D Garner    (UK)

Just flown MAN-Agadir on a lovely new 737-800. Good announcements from the flight deck. Lovely clean and comfortable plane. But oh the Cabin Crew - they must really hate their job.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  5 February 2014 by A Blaz    (UK)

Flight number TOM4666 on 25th January to Sofia - took off on time. After 1 hour in the sky the captain informed us of a small technical problem and that we have to land in Munich. After 10 minutes we were landing in Munich. Having spent 4 hours in Munich airport we were informed that the technical issue was not resolved and we could not continue our journey. We were offered overnight accommodation. Next day after again 1.5 hours delay we finally took off and reached our destination. This awful experience was then followed by next delay on the return flight from Sofia TOM4667 on 1st February. Two hours were crucial for us as we could not reach our home due to plane landing after midnight. We had no other choice as to spend the night at the airport. Meanwhile we also tried to speak to Thomson staff at the airport with no result and no apology. Flying with Thomson was one of the most unpleasant experiences with airlines. Will definitely avoid them in the future.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  31 January 2014 by J Bailey    (UK)

Flew on the new Dreamliner aircraft from Gatwick to the Maldives on 12 January 2014. This is a very quiet aircraft even on takeoff. The Premier Club cabin was spacious and there was plenty of legroom between seats. The inflight service provided on both the outward and return flights was excellent. The crew in both directions were professional and attentive. Food was generally very good, in particular the main meals on each flight. Numerous drink rounds were carried out throughout the flights. The IFE worked well, although the choice of films on offer I felt was not that great. The system is all touch screen with quality headphones, which produced a great sound for both the films and music channels. Overall this was a very pleasant charter flight and we really had no complaints at all. This aircraft claims to reduce jet lag and I have to say, we have never felt so good as we did after the 10 hour flight, so I believe the claim to be correct.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by P Clarke    (UK)

Premium

Our first flight to Kenya on the Dreamliner 787, Dec 10th 2013. All cabin staff welcoming and helpful. Flight started off on time but due to people arriving late and luggage going missing we sat on the Tarmac for nearly an hour before we took off. Flight went smoothly and was non eventful. We were in premium class and seats were comfortable and leg room more than adequate. Only gripe was that the centre arm rest which stored the screens stuck out making it difficult to manoeuvre when people in front had their seats reclined. Usually feel rubbish for first few days on arrival in Kenya but can honestly say I didn't have that jet lagged feeling this time. The flight back on 24th Dec was as equally comfortable. Again all cabin staff friendly and hard working. Slight problem with water leaking but that soon stopped once we were airborne. Again flight went smoothly with no problems. Plenty of duty fees available on flight back. The food was edible on both flights and drinks were constantly flowing. We had to disembark at south terminal due to flooding in north terminal. That was a nightmare and took 1.5 hrs to get suitcases. No announcements made so it was a case of wait and see. We enjoyed our Dreamliner experience.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  23 January 2014 by T Elwell    (UK)

Just arrived from Phuket on the Dreamliner, 23/1/2014, TOM 095. Nice aircraft but poor seat layout and mentioned by other reviewers, constant queue for the wcs, flushing for 12.5 hours not nice. Cabin crew were ok. Courtesy for passengers should be premium on this the flagship aircraft, our 1st dreamliner flight will be remembered for all the wrong reasons, normally go to the Maldives for Christmas, the last 3 times with Thomson, booking Kuoni this year.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  20 January 2014 by Nicklas Robert    (UK)

We flew to Barbados on the Dreamliner. On both legs of the journey there was a constant queue for the toilets sometimes six deep. The design of the plane puts the obvious place to queue opposite the toilet doors but Thomson sell this space as extra leg room. You are asked to queue in the narrow aisles which is a serious squash. Thomson like to sell drinks first so we were prevented from sleeping during the 8 hour return flight by having to wait nearly three hours for a poor meal then the usual attempt to sell duty free goods. The cabin lights were finally dimmed four hours and fifty minutes into the flight. When you are landing at five in the morning and facing a drive home this is Thomson putting profit ahead of comfort and safety.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Drew Harvey    (UK)

LGW-SID-LGW, flight 612/613. Out on 9/1 and back on 16/1. Flew old B757 which going out was spotlessly clean and found the seat pitch just about bearable. I'm just over 6'2" but object to paying the ridiculous amount they were asking for extra legroom - talk about squeezing every last penny they can out of you! The crew were excellent, really happy and friendly and made the 6 hour flight seem to go very quickly. Food was pretty good, but if they offer you a free hot meal why not include tea/coffee. Seemed a bit penny-pinching. Coming home old and tired ex- First Choice B757 and despite having exactly the same seats the leg room was much worse. The crew did their job but for a lot of flight were behind the curtain in the forward galley. Very uncomfortable and cramped flight home. Find easyJet much better, aircraft much more pleasant to fly on and not such a rip off if you want to pay for extra leg room. Shame they don't fly to Cape Verde!

Thomson Airways Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Dawn Light    (UK)

Cabin crew were awful, no eye contact. I had a window seat and unless you was in an aisle seat you missed out. Food was inedible throughout the flight. I choose this flight as I thought it would be so much better than travelling to Heathrow and changing at Bangkok as I do this trip alone but I was wrong, I'd much rather do that than go on the Dreamliner. They could learn a lot from Air Asia, their service is second to none.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Nigel Castle    (UK)

We flew to Phuket with Thomson on December 24th from Gatwick's North Terminal. We awoke at our hotel to news we should check in early to poor weather. We arrived at the north Terminal and could only just get in due to the queues .We queued for 3 hours with no communication from Thomson or anyone. The systems were down and we can understand that. After 3 hours we finally arrived at the next check in and were told to go to the South terminal? Those further to the back of the queue could transfer over easier and we ended up at the back of the queue at the South Terminal. 2 hours later we checked in. Still no communication from anyone from Thomson. After another 2 hours or so at the gate and many people losing the plot. There was a situation at the gate where make shift check in staff were arguing with passengers and these were giving their time and they were not from Thomson doing their best (Monarch I think). Yet again there were no Thomson staff giving any feedback or help whatsoever! We ended up boarding and going by bus to meet our aircraft and leaving at least 4 holiday makers missing their flight.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  9 January 2014 by D Robbie    (UK)

I flew to Punta Cana (PUJ) from LGW. We were told that we would be flying on the new 787-8 Dreamliner and with its surrounded hype from the airline had given its newest addition to its fleet as 'impressive.' To comment on the service received outbound and inbound is quite mixed, leaving London to Dominican Republic the flight was easy seats acceptable but the IFE is very limited which one would expect from a charter airline. I just wished that the staff were more 'willing' to help, please don't get me wrong I am not criticising their ability to do their job's I am sure they are more than capable when they have a good attitude. With such a brand new aircraft being the showpiece in Thomson's fleet I would have expected a 'first rate service.' I partly echo that statement on the return journey back to London the crew was short due to a crew member being taken 'ill' so cabin service was reduced or seemed slower than normal. Turning this into a positive they did the best of a difficult situation and carried out their jobs with a smile much more warming and friendly than the inbound trip. Rating the food isn't really something I want to moan about continuously but even for airline food the standard is pretty poor not something I would find appealing nor would I receive say on British Airways flying to e.g. Cancun. I haven't flown with Thomson before but knowing what I know even though the airline got me to my destination safely it just feel that they have all the right tools e.g. new aircraft, willing staff but they need to be utilised a bit more tactfully in gaining more willing and paying clients.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  8 January 2014 by D Light    (UK)

Went to Thailand on the new Dreamliner and was thoroughly disappointed, food was awful, the cabin crew were so disinterested - no eye contact so having a window seat was a nightmare. I would rather travel with Air Asia and change at Bangkok the service was excellent.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  6 January 2014 by R Walker    (UK)

Thomson Fly: Flew NCL-TFS-NCL. Out 24/12/13, back 3/1/14 so very surprised by the changes in a Thomson cabin. Haven't flown on Thomson for years, new B737/800 and leg room! Still over priced food but staff very good both ways, on time also both ways. Again so pleased we did not get one of the old B757 so hope this becomes the norm it is long time over due as old planes give wrong impression of the UK top holiday company. We asked for 12e/f no problems at all.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Mike Parker    (UK)

We just returned from the Dominican Republic on the Dreamliner, we had pre-booked leg room seats in row 30. This we found was a waste of money as any extra room you had was full of people queuing for the toilets anyway, also the extra legroom seats in the middle of row 30, the passengers kept getting trodden on. The smell from the toilet was awful. If you want extra legroom try row 10 it may be better. The seats to me are smaller in width and very hard so not very comfortable. This aircraft is faster saving at least 30-45 mins flying time compared to the older 767s.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Andrew Smith    (UK)

We flew from Gatwick to La Palma on 6th December. First there is the combined check-in. Only 5kg hand luggage per person, not one bag between two weighing under 10kg. More than my jobs worth we were told. Everyone in the queue was re-packing their luggage causing long delays as only 4 counters open. Then onto an elderly 757 - only 93 of us on a plane with 220 seats! Return was similar, at check-in in La Palma all passengers wearing coats and jumpers to avoid the same problem but the counter people did not bother about hand luggage. What a farce. Thomson Airways has now gone onto our Ryanair list - never again!

Thomson Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Anita Case    (Spain)

Flew from Manchester to Cancun Mexico on 4th December 2013. Upon take off water came flooding in over people. We were sat in seats 37. Obviously concerned with all the previous troubles the Dreamliner has experienced, people started to panic. The staff were unhelpful advising that this was normal from the air/conditioning system. People were soaked and the overhead compartments had previously been stuffed with tissue paper, to top it all the aircraft crew simply gave people mounds of tissue paper, and were very unhelpful and not sympathetic at all. Food was terrible. We had a 40min wait on the runway when landing in Cancun. Never again.