Thomson Airways Passenger Reviews and Thomson Airways Customer Trip Reports

Thomson Airways Customer review :  28 December 2012 by R Bennett    (UK)

Premium

Premium Cabin, Manchester - Varadero Cuba. Bulkhead seats 3F and 3G and 2A and 2B on return. Do not book these seats in premium cabin. Row 3 is better than row 2 but there is no legroom and you might as well sit in economy. Row 2 is extra squashed and the lights from the galley are bright on a night flight as the curtain is constantly being opened etc. The crew seat is on the other side of the bulkhead so every time the crew got up it banged and woke me up. There is a 'reduced service' and night to 'let you sleep' but they still bring put the duty free etc. The plane was an old First Choice plane that was really tatty. Hopefully the new Dreamliner will be a lot better. Was a horrible return flight and I think we might as well have saved the money and gone economy.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  25 December 2012 by J Watkins    (UK)

We flew from Cardiff to Sharm el Shiek on 10th Dec 2012 and back on the 17th. This is a 5 hour flight out and 6 hours back. With no inflight entertainment! There were lots of children on board with absolutely nothing to keep them occupied for the flight. This is acceptable for a flight of up to 3 hours but not longer. If there is any alternative to Thomson Holidays in future we will be booking with them.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  21 December 2012 by M Crowe    (UK)

Have flown with Thomson, Glasgow-Funchal for 10 years and noticed a general overall deterioration, not only in flight quality etc, but in check in times and rush to board at Funchal allowing very little time to relax prior to flight, this should not be too difficult to improve. Unfortunately it is Thomson or nothing from Scotland. It would seem that Thomson are ignoring these reviews.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  20 December 2012 by D Stead    (UK)

Flew to Madeira from East Midlands. Flight left on time with quite a few spare seats. Very disappointed with the cleanliness of the interior of the plane. Substances were splattered over the tray, seat and menu card. When this was brought to the attention of a member of cabin crew I was informed that "it was probably just tomato juice." This is not the first time we have experienced dirty interiors on Thomson flights but feel on this occasion we had to complain.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  19 December 2012 by Michael Kemp    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Tunisia on 2nd December, flight was 6am and left at 9.04am - the excuse was staff problems. Arriving at the airport at 4am and having to wait 5 hours is awful but Thomson could not care less. On the plane, a 737/800 was ok, the seat space was terrible and staff rude and bad tempered. Return journey on the 16th December was a lot better and landed almost on time.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  17 December 2012 by T Martin    (UK)

Newcastle to Las Palmas (Gran Canaria), Dec 2012. Both flights on B737-800. Usual Thomson Faux leather seats not the most comfortable. Just because it has recaro written on it doesn't make it comfortable. In flight entertainment was non-existent. Inflight meals non-existent. The outbound aircraft had even had the radio channels disabled in the armrests! Leg room was minimal luckily the person in front of me didn't recline their seats on the outbound or inbound flights. The crew on both flights were professional but are basically just sales people/cleaners. The levels of comfort and service that Thomson now provide would never have been allowed to exist in the days of Britannia before the bottom line became more important than customer service.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  6 December 2012 by John Doig    (UK)

EDI-ACE-EDI. Both outbound and inbound journeys fairly comfortable on a B757-200 having paid for 'Extra Legroom Seats'. I would not travel on this airline if I had to use standard seats, as the pitch is 'tight' at around 28''. The food and drink for purchase was reasonable in quality but rather highly priced in my opinion. Cabin crew, GLA based, were kept busy throughout and were friendly. Flights operated on time. Hold baggage arrival a bit slow at EDI, perhaps as aircraft was parked on a remote stand?

Thomson Airways Customer review :  6 December 2012 by R Parker    (UK)

Thomson used to be one of the best airlines for short haul - how things have changed. Flight to Sharm El Sheikh with nothing more to do than look at the seat in front of me! I will never fly them again unless they bring back the Inflight Entertainment and the proper Inflight meal.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  6 December 2012 by K Leadbeater    (UK)

18.11.12, MAN-PFO on board B757-200. Our 9am slot was delayed twice for air traffic control reasons even though we were all onboard at 8.50am. At 9.50am taxied onto the runway, braked heavily, taxied off and stopped. Repairs completed about 11.15am and then pilot had to wait for fuel top up. At 11.30am fuelling completed and then another air traffic delay. Eventually took off 12 noon and once in the air were offered a small carton of orange and a 2 finger KitKat to compensate for the 3 hours we had already sat on this old aircraft with no individual air conditioning vents and one of the smallest seat pitches in the industry. With the 4.5 hour flight we spent 7.5 on that aircraft. Unfortunately our return 2 weeks later was on the same aircraft, but at least we got off on time. Never again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  6 December 2012 by M A Howett    (UK)

London Gatwick to Male, direct flight out 25 Nov 2012, flight back Male to London Gatwick on 3rd December 2012. I should of realised things had changed when we first had to pay £30 extra each to sit next to each other (total £60) having paid just under £4,000 for the one week package holiday. Next the baggage allowance of 20 kg checked and 5 kg hand luggage - fortunately we under so no charge. Checked in 2 bags, told the one with 2 wheels was OK but the one with 4 wheels would need to be checked in as 'oversized baggage'. When I politely refused they accepted the 4 wheel case but told me it would be my fault if it didn't arrive at our destination, it arrived as expected. Boarded and took off on time. All tea, coffee (except with a meal) was charged extra, all water, beers, wines, spirits were extra. The service was the worst ever and the food awful. The cabin staff are rude and rush through the cabin. The aircraft and crew were the same on the return. Return flight took off 1 hour late. Crew and attendants arrived late. Service was better but still not good. At check in at Male Airport the Thomson check in assistant kept our landing cards which we later needed to pass through border control. The cabin was freezing, my wife asked for the temperature to be increased on 2 occasions and no change, all passengers were wrapped in blankets. Cabin Manager did offer us an entertainment upgrade but I used my ipod anyway. Thomson, you have taken the pleasure out of travel and taken economy to a level.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  4 December 2012 by F W Tipton    (UK)

London Gatwick to Puerto Plata (Dominican Republic) on 22nd of November and returned on 30th of November. The Long haul product was fantastic. The flight out was very long due to head winds but the 767 used whilst being full was still very open and airy. The flight home was a bit of a surprise as the plane that we were supposed to fly home on had one of its emergency slides deployed after landing and after the allotted boarding time had passed we were told by the Captain that unfortunately the plane could not fly with a full complement of passenger and that 50 people would have to be left behind to legally fly. As this was not an option for the Captain all 258 of us were put up over night in a 4 star hotel. Staff were fantastic answering all questions and keeping us informed at all times. A 15 hour delay and most was spent in a very nice hotel. We still returned on the Friday but at 8pm rather than 6am. I found the food very nice and plentiful, however take lots of money for drinks. The in-flight entertainment looked good and varied but I listened to my iPod and slept so didn't use it. All in all I was very impressed and would fly long haul again with them.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  3 December 2012 by J Brayford    (UK)

What a change a year makes, having used Thomson for the last 5 years of holidays which have all been excellent, we decided we would have no problems booking our August honeymoon to Cyprus. The flights there and back were a complete nightmare! Our outbound flight we found out that the in-flight entertainment and in-flight meals had been scrapped on short haul flights. We only found out about this 3 hours into the flight when we questioned the stewardess when the meals were being served. At this point all hot food had been done with so we had to settle with cold cream teas. On the return flight with the knowledge of the meals situation on the plane we knew we had to purchase them during the hot meals service. Due to our seating location on row 24 E and F by the time the meal trolleys from both ends of the plane had reached our seats they had run out of practically everything. Only Soups and a few snack pots where left. There was several items on the menu that where not even available at the start of the flight. Not the comprehensive snacks menu you see in the brochure. The overall feel of the flights was of a cheap budget company. Not the sort of flight we expected to get for what we had paid for. Never again with Thomson!

Thomson Airways Customer review :  2 December 2012 by Kevin Joy    (UK)

Flew LGW-ACE on 13th November ageing B757 AW The seats were so close that when the person in front reclined the seat back it hit my right knee. I really cannot see how this airline can have certification for such a seating plan. God forbid in an emergency situation I cannot see how you could exit quickly. Very expensive food no entertainment rude staff. The return flight was a tad better ACE-LGW 27th November solely because the aircraft was a newer B737-800 however it was still cramped. I will not travel with Thomson again in these conditions.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  29 November 2012 by Yvonne Mackay    (UK)

We have travelled on many Thomson flights/holidays with and without children and used to look forward to the flight as the first part of our holiday. Not any more. What an endurance test! The seats are so cramped, hard and uncomfortable. Doing exercises to prevent DVT impossible! With the unsubtle removal of the back- of-the-seat-storage nets to try to create a feeling of more leg room, we were left with nowhere to put book, glasses and ever-needed purse/wallet. The cabin staff (sales girls) had to start by going through the plane offering "comfort bags" at a mere £5! (containing a blanket, pillow). Drinks are dispensed slowly as "food" items are sold at the same time. We were 1.5 hours into our flight before we had a drink, which were expensive eg gin/tonic £5.20. The "food" on offer was horrible. Please bring back the hot meals - we don't mind paying a few pounds for them. Our 4.5 hour flight had no entertainment, music, radio or film. Overall, a huge disappointment and takes cost-cutting to new depths. Worse than many of the low cost carriers.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  29 November 2012 by Sue Jefferys    (UK)

Took 90 minutes to get through check-in at Sharm El Sheilkh. One check-in desk for LGW TOM235, queues getting muddled then refusing to open extra check-in desks. Tempers were frayed, flights getting delayed and some passengers getting checked in with flights wating. Thomson reps just leaning on desks with head in hands! Thomas Cook check-ins just sailed through. After 40 years and many a trip to Sharm, never seen it as bad as that. Why have all those flights on one day, the airport is not that busy on other days. Never again!

Thomson Airways Customer review :  28 November 2012 by P Largent    (UK)

Avoid this airline on short haul at all costs. The comfort, entertainment, food, customer service by cabin crew are deplorable. As it was a short haul flight there was no choice of cabin class. If you cannot get extra leg room you need to be a midget. The food is disgusting. We were most upset with the care and attention of the cabin crew, they showed none. I felt like an inconvenience to them. I will never fly with this airline again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  27 November 2012 by J Bentley    (UK)

Premium

Flew Barbados to Gatwick as part of charter P and O post cruise package. Paid to upgrade to PE and paid another £15 to secure two seats together which seems a rip off. This has to rate as one of the worst flights I've ever done. Apart from fresh fruit, the food was virtually inedible, coffee and tea so strong that a bitter taste was left in my mouth. No extra pillows offered and the seat was hard with a very limited recline. My bulkhead seat had less leg room to stretch out than I have in BA's economy. I dread to think what economy seats must have been like if this was my experience in PE. Never again. 8 hours in this discomfort is totally unacceptable.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  25 November 2012 by Ian Preston    (UK)

Flew Manchester to Sharm on 8/11/12 and returned 22/11/12. Flight out OK as we had 3 seats between two of us. Flight back really uncomfortable due to poor, cramped seating. We knew about the new catering arrangements and took our own food on both journeys as the Thomson offerings seem poor value for money. The lack of entertainment on a 6 hour flight is a joke. Staff on both flights were OK but they are obviously under orders to make as much money as possible.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  23 November 2012 by Mathew Davies    (UK)

Flew to Cape Verde in July and after reading comments regarding the aircraft and leg room felt compelled to write a review. 757-200 series was old, cramped and had no leg room whatsoever. Middle Toilet was blocked resulting in large queues and they ran out of tea and coffee on return journey. Again no in flight entertainment even though the flight was 5.5 hours long. After this flight I will be seriously considering flying Thomson again, unless you pay for an upgraded seat or happen to be lucky and sit behind the toilet block where there is plenty of leg room!

Thomson Airways Customer review :  23 November 2012 by D Beatty    (UK)

Manchester - Marsa Alam, 06/11/12, return 20/11/12. No premium economy cabin available on either flight. Suffered nearly six hours in unbelievable cramped conditions as far too many seats are crammed into the aircraft. Situation made worse when passenger in front of me decided to "fully" recline his seat, further reducing what little space I had. Warm wine with tasteless microwaved panini was very expensive. In flight entertainment non existent. Cabin crew on return flight considered far from "friendly" saving any smiles for disembarkation.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  22 November 2012 by J Roche    (UK)

Flew from Manchester to Marsa Alam and back. No entertainment on the plane. Very cramped for 5.5 hours. On the way back sold out of food when they got to me only had snack box and soup, no bread. The cabin crew were great despite the problems they had to deal with.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  20 November 2012 by Victoria Bowen    (UK)

Flight out from Manchester the Sharm at 13.55 on 2nd November, good size plane. Warm enough. Staff friendly, helpful and efficient. Very disappointed about no in flight entertainment. We expected it so packed the books in the suitcases. Couldn't hear anything the captain was telling us over the tannoy because he was too quiet. Return flight 9th November 18.30. Delayed an hour but nobody was told, in fact at 7.15 pm the screens showed our flight departed which was a bit disconcerting. We got into the smallest, most uncomfortable plane I've ever been on. Cramped to the point every time the rude staff went up and down the aisle I got knocked sideways. The seats reclined to the point where the person in front was laid on you. I'm 5ft2 and my knees were touching the seat in front. Staff were rude and inefficient. The plane was freezing. Given the choice, I will never fly Thomson again. 6 hours if far too long to be cold, uncomfortable and have nothing to take your mind off it.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  16 November 2012 by C Baker    (UK)

Flew Manchester to Sharm 7/11/12 returned 14/11/12. Flight out day flight, cabin was unbearably hot - they sold lots of drinks, return flight night flight, cabin freezing - they were selling fleece blankets. Is this a coincidence? Service going out was ok but return flight was poor, they ran out of chips, no fresh sandwiches and we were row 7. Seating is unbelievably tight and the seats still recline which makes the space between you and the person in front unacceptable. We are frequent flyers on budget Airlines and know what to expect and have become accustomed to service levels, so it came as a shock that Thomsons fell far below our expectations and indeed the levels we enjoy from budget airlines. We would never recommend Thomson and we would avoid using them again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  12 November 2012 by E Wojcik    (Scotland)

Flew GLA to Sharm El Sheikh on 27th Oct - back on 5th Nov. Flight out was bearable mainly due to it being only 70% full - we had 3 seats between 2 people, so could stretch out. No warning that there would be no in-flight entertainment - 6 hours is a long time to pass with no distractions. Having been ripped off for excess baggage at check-in, we were further stiffed by the price of in-flight food - although, in fairness, the chicken sandwiches were edible. However, return journey was a nightmare. Fully loaded, it also felt as if an extra row had been put in the front cabin. Added to the joys of a child kicking the back of my seat, a faulty tray table led to my husband wearing more of his drinks than he managed to consume, and both of us struggled to get into any sort of position where we could be remotely comfortable. These seats are obviously designed with smaller than average passengers in mind. The worst aspect of the flight home was the food. Very little on offer. If we ever have to resort to flying with this company again, we'll take a cool-bag and buy sandwiches at the airport.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  8 November 2012 by Andy Ruddick    (UK)

MAN - Montego Bay on 767 G-OOBK. Ex First Choice Aircraft. To sum up - "The Big Sale". You pay for everything except your meal and one cup of tea or coffee. Even water costs. They do a bar service first so you do not receive your meal until at least a good hour after departure. Then its Duty Free sales followed by 2 or 3 further bar runs. IFE is on a loop unless you want to pay an extra £5 to upgrade to the On Demand system. This uses the same screen and handset on the seat back. They just go to the back of the cabin and punch in your seat number. You get issued with a head set once which you have to keep for the way home. If you lose it then you have to pay for another set. An adapter is included and required if you want to use your own headset.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  5 November 2012 by M Smith    (UK)

BHX - Antalya - TOM253 Boeing 757-200 (same plane inbound / outbound). What's happened to Thomson Airways? - It seems in the space of a year it has become a flying cash register. We were unprepared for a 4.5 flight as I had not read or seen anywhere that inflight entertainment had been cut from the budget for this year. Apparently no-one watched it according to the cabin staff, however, on both inbound and outbound I counted the 18 seats around me and only one person had anything to do. The past inflight meals were garbage but at least edible on occasions and were actually something you looked forward to, but the simple thing is its paid for as part of your initial holiday cost - it just does not feel right paying cash at inflated prices for something that represents less value than the old style inflight meals. Seats are small, you can see where the rows are altered against the window alignment. One steward seemed really grumpy on the outbound but was smiling on the inbound but as we were last flight of the day for the team they were as keen to get home as us.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  2 November 2012 by E Winter    (UK)

Premium

Flew premium economy long haul to the Caribbean, we made an excellent decision to go premium! Staff were very helpful and kept us supplied with drinks. If staff weren't serving, you could always ask for a drink or snack and they'd organise something. Leg room was fantastic even when passenger in front reclined their seat, lots of space to stretch out. Complimentary pack was useful but not essential. Blankets issued on both outward and return flights with neck pillow, neither were used on outward flight but were good for the night flight home. Seat width more than adequate and seat was fairly firm, fine on the outward day flight but on the return overnight I found the seat very hard after a few hours. However sitting on the neck pillow helped. The only criticism I have was that the film choices were very poor and fairly old. Also the plane interior was showing signs of age, the seat storage fell apart easily and spilt contents on the floor, some neck rests wouldn't adjust on some seats. However I really enjoyed flying Thomson and would recommend premium economy to anyone flying long haul.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  30 October 2012 by K Leadbeater    (UK)

Manchester-Funchal and return onboard B757-200 series. Seat pitch dreadful - tatty interior and not clean. Large wad of paper towels stuffed in trim above window about row 3 and signs of some liquid having run along the bulkhead. Roof drop down screen (no longer used) but held together with black and yellow tape. Latest announcement from the captain included reference to no more than 1 passenger to queue for front toilet for security reasons. Probably because it slows down cabin staff pushing trolleys up and down trying to sell very overpriced and poor quality food and drink. Can't avoid flying with this second rate airline when going on a package holiday booked with Thomson.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  30 October 2012 by P Turner    (UK)

BHX-Zakynthos-BHX. Both journeys comfortable. However, due to my height I paid for extra legroom seats and if the day ever comes when Thomson will not allow me to do this, perhaps because of age, I will have to stop using them. Even though airline food on charters is not great, it was infinitely preferable to the offering currently available. IFE - I don't think there was any.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  25 October 2012 by R Matthews    (UK)

EMA-LAS PALMAS (15-10-2012) return 22-10-2012. A very uncomfortable experience and disgraceful legroom for a 4 hour flight. The crew advise moving around during the flight but this would be impossible. Drinking water is ill advised as it is almost impossible to get out of your seat to get to the toilet this increases the risk of DVT.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  19 October 2012 by D McConnell    (Scotland)

Just back from Crete and flew Thomson Airways on a 757-200 both ways. They really are just another budget airline and far from the best may I add. Gone are the flight meals and the inflight entertainment and in comes a trolley of overpriced microwave slop. I've flown Thomson long haul for the last 2 years and they are like night and day compared to the short haul product. The legroom is ridiculous, verging on unbearable if the passenger in front reclines onto your lap.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  17 October 2012 by Fraser Miller    (UK)

LGW to Bodrum. Outbound 8th October, return to LGW 15th October. Full flights both ways. First Choice A321. Seat pitch tight. Cabin staff on both sectors worked hard and were pleasant. Didn't bother with food or drink as too expensive. Lack of IFE not a problem as had reading material. Flight Deck info was clear and informative on both flights. Only problem was both flights left and arrived at the farthest gate at LGW making for a very long walk. Overall not brilliant legroom but you get what you pay for.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  12 October 2012 by Stephen Garrett    (UK)

My wife and I flew out to Mahon on the 3rd October, returning on the 10th to Manchester. Flights there and back on a full 737-800. Flight out was fine, almost on time and uneventful. The Captain gave the passengers fairly regular flight updates and I would say most passengers were quite satisfied with things. Flight home about the same but the cabin crew were a little more 'in your face' when it came to selling stuff. We didn't buy any on board food as is was too expensive and the flights were only a couple of hours in any case. My only real complaint concerns the lack of leg room; this airline really does 'pack em in' tightly. Not that bothered about lack of in flight entertainment or an airline meal but having flown with Thomson many times dating back to the Britannia days, I will say without hesitation that the overall product and flight experience is not the same; it is something more akin to the other low cost carriers and Thomson should take note of this.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  11 October 2012 by S Mitchell    (UK)

Travel long haul to Montego Bay in May and again in September. I have travelled many times to Montego Bay with Thomsons and have seen the condition of the cabins and food get worse and worse. The planes are old and due to the delay with the delivery of the B787 they are getting even worse. Thomson should have upgraded the cabins but seem to spend money on promoting the B787. On our flight back to the UK we had to watch a video on how good it would be to be one of the first to fly the new B787. I have sat on better park benches and at this point in time I will not fly Thomson Airways again. There were 4 in my party and the extra cost was £179 per person.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  9 October 2012 by Stanley Blackburn    (UK)

I travelled to Florida May 2011 with Thomson premium seating, I could not fault it. We have just returned on 28th September flying with Thomson premium seating. This time I wish we had not - it was an old first choice 767. The only difference I could see from premium and the rear cabin seats was the distance from the seat in front the seats were very hard and uncomfortable. I doubt very much if I will be travelling long haul again with Thomson.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  5 October 2012 by S Blair    (Northern Ireland)

Outbound flight from Belfast International Airport to Las Palmas was on time and the cabin crew very attentive, no complaints. The return flight back from Las Palmas to Belfast International Airport was very disappointing due to a long delay of over 4 hrs. We boarded the flight an hour late and after the safety brief by the cabin crew the jet engines that were revving to go were shut down. A couple of minutes later, the Pilot came on tannoy to explain he had to shut them down because there was a technical problem and the parking brake would not release. We were stuck on the plane for 3hrs because according to the Pilot the plane was registered in Canada and the Spanish airplane mechanics refused to fix the problem for this reason. The pilot was not to blame and kept us informed of progress although passengers were becoming restless and angry by the delay. Fortunately, the problem which in all intents and purposes was probably minor was fixed after 3 hrs and the plane eventually took off. I urge Thomson Airways to review the logic of using aircraft that are registered to another country outside of Europe for this causes added problems and delays.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  4 October 2012 by S Cooke    (UK)

Dreadful food and unbelievably bad customer service on our flight home. I flew from Sharm El Sheik to Luton on 26.9.12. Despite it being a 5 hour flight there was no meal included so I bought a bacon baguette to eat. The baguette had been in the heater for so long that it was rock hard, so I gave up trying to eat the bread and pulled out the single piece of bacon. It was revolting so I ate none of it. When the stewardess came to collect the waste I gave her the uneaten baguette and told her it was disgusting. Her response was not 'sorry', not 'can we offer you something else' and not 'would you like your money back'. Her response was 'do you want to fill in a feedback form'. If that is how Thomson train their staff to respond to a complaint, they have much to learn about customer service.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  4 October 2012 by A Waters    (UK)

I regularly fly to Cyprus with Thomson but was none too happy when my return flight was arranged with Jet2.com, Thomson charged me £320 for my flight and I found out from other passengers (on the Jet2 flight) that they had paid circa £180 for their flights with Jet2. What a rip off - no meals, no entertainment and they arrange a budget airline for the return flight. I have flown with Thomson for over 20 years, but they have now lost me as a customer.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  4 October 2012 by C Foster    (UK)

I was unfortunate enough to fly from Tenerife South to Manchester early morning on the 3rd of October. The Boeing 767 was packed and I was sitting behind a woman who thought it would be fun to slam her reclining seat hard into my knees which because of poor leg room and my height (1.88m), were touching the back of her seat. I told her that her reclined seat was causing me pain. At this point a member of the cabin crew arrived. After informing him of the problem he told me that she was quite within her rights to move the back of her seat and that I should have informed Thomson of my knee problem before the flight. He then went away and did nothing further until after an hour of agony, my wife insisted that another seat be found for me. This he grudgingly did. Whilst I have to concede that there are people in this country who are prepared to let others endure over 4 hours of agony whilst they lay back in comfort. I do not expect this behaviour to be condoned by Airline staff.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  1 October 2012 by Paul Harvey    (UK)

Gatwick to Marsa Alam return on a fairly new packed 737 both ways. Both flights left on time and arrived early. On both flights the cabin crew worked hard to ensure every passenger was able to buy food / drinks / duty free etc and cannot be faulted in their diligence or cheerfulness.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  28 September 2012 by R Higdon    (UK)

Exeter to Tenerife and return in a 737-800. Took off on time and arrived at both destinations early. Got the seats we selected and the only problem was the leg room which I found a bit tight but managed the 4 hours without any aches and pains. The cabin was very clean and the CC were pleasant but very busy. Cockpit kept us well informed throughout the flights. All in all not bad flights.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  26 September 2012 by J Berteska    (UK)

BFS-PMI. Quick check-in at both airports, pleasant crew, meal is expensive, but nice and fresh. B737-800 was clean, so were the toilet facilities, there is no entertainment as its short haul flight. We had pre-booked our seats in front rows, so had enough legroom.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  25 September 2012 by L Burnie    (UK)

We flew from Glasgow to Cape Verde islands Boa Vista, like most people the plane was very cramped. It took around 6.5 hours to get there, we did get the usual meal but again no inflight entertainment. Coming home we were advised we didn't have enough fuel to get home and had to stop at Gran Canaria (for one hour) to re-fuel. Again we got food but no entertainment and the flight was just over seven hours in total. Not a great flight in either direction but like a lot of people there is less and less choice in holiday companies available unfortunately.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  25 September 2012 by Andrew Sexton    (UK)

Travelled from East Midlands to Sharm and I don't think I have ever been more uncomfortable on a plane. There was absolutely no room to move and the staff had forgotten to smile. Thomson proudly boast they take more people on holiday than any other airline, it is likely the also do this on fewer aircraft's!

Thomson Airways Customer review :  24 September 2012 by D West    (UK)

Return from Gatwick to Luxor 12 and 19th September 2012. At 1.95 m, the seating plan made the trip absolute torture. My wife is 1.58m and had very little room to spare - when a seat reclined she had her first attack of claustrophobia on an airplane, ever. Cabin crew expertise extend only as far as selling overpriced, horrible food, booze and cigarettes. Other airlines shift passengers around for the sake of comfort and safety when things are tight - quite infuriating when some passengers were allowed to sleep across 3 seats when others cant even sit with their legs pointing forward. Check in staff on the 12th at Gatwick were rude and dictatorial. Paid 24 pounds for being 2 kgs (combined between my wife and I) over what was a pathetic baggage allowance. We travelled with them as 'holiday experts' but really, every aspect we can do ourselves.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  24 September 2012 by D Snelling    (UK)

Flight Luxor-Gatwick, 5.5 hours (plus 1.5 hours kept on plane by Port Authority) As others have commented, absolutely no room whatsoever to read or attempt comfort and I and a friend are only 5ft 1". My husband and another friend both 6ft 2" struggled in pain. Crew knock you sideways in your seat every time they whizz through the aisle with no apology. The seat space is criminal. Food - what food? They told us they didn't have anything as the previous flight had had it all. But they have alcohol at an extortionate cost, even tea and coffee are charged for! Crew - manners were obviously alien to them. Night flight lights were left on - but you won't get comfortable enough to sleep anyway.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  20 September 2012 by John Wilson    (UK)

London Gatwick - Antalya return - Boeing 767. Overall this was OK. We used the day before check in at Gatwick which was superb - no queues, and on the day just turned up at Gatwick and went straight to security. Boarding at Gatwick was by row which meant no hassle on the plane. At Antalya, boarding was a free for all and a bit messy. We sat towards the back of the plane both ways and at 6'2" I had enough legroom! Certainly more legroom on the 767 than the 757's. TV screens in all seat backs, however nothing shown other than the 5 different Thomson images for the entire flight. They could at least have put the map on to show where we were flying over. Cabin Crew were fine and friendly both ways, but what lets the Thomson holiday experience down is the onboard service. Food portions were small and quite expensive for what you got. Drinks prices were very expensive. Luggage limits are also small so you're forced to pay more. The whole Thomson airways short haul feel is a low cost and tacky. There's nothing to get you in the holiday mood on board. All other elements of the Thomson package are slick and glossy, apart from the flights.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  20 September 2012 by Keir Gordon    (UK)

We flew out to Paphos in Cyprus with my disabled father with Thomson on 9th September and the return flight on 16th September was Monarch. We were given no information why this happened, the cabin crew were more interested in reading magazines than seeing to the passengers boarding the aircraft. As for my father who has a prosthetic leg he was told that he could not sit in the aisle seat in row 3 as it was required for an able bodied person in case of an emergency, but no other aisle seat was offered which made his journey uncomfortable with my father having to remove his prosthetic leg. On disembarking the aircraft we had requested airport assistance but were told just to make our way to the doors of the aircraft where we would be met by porters with wheelchairs along with everyone else leaving the aircraft, not an easy proposition for a 80 year old disabled person. The cabin crew were less than helpful, not like Thomson who were excellent. Would not voluntarily use Monarch again but had no choice in this case.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  20 September 2012 by David Goff    (UK)

BOH to PMI, TOM B737-800 (Sky interior). Check in 6am was very easy and through to Departures very quickly. Boarded and ready to go on time but an ATC delay of 15mins. Flight and service fine, seating fine, plane very new so clean and tidy. Landed at PMI 10 mins early and bussed to terminal. Very busy inside with a good 40 min wait for luggage but probably not TOM fault.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  18 September 2012 by W Johnson    (UK)

Newcastle to Larnaca, paid £50 for extra leg room seats, put in row 32f next to emergency exit , no room due to bulk head on door. Spent the whole duration of flight with my legs stretched over guy in next seat. On return flight Larnaca to Newcastle I was put in row 32 again but seat D, an aisle seat - plenty of leg room but spent the whole flight getting battered on the shoulder by crew members rampaging up and down plane without any apologies.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  18 September 2012 by Karen Chater    (UK)

We flew to Sharm el Sheik from Glasgow. I wasn't really prepared for the lack of food and drink and on board entertainment as had assumed wrongly a near 6hr flight would warrant at least some entertainment and some water. Seats were very cramped and the cabin crew did their best with what they had. On the way back, seats were slightly better as they'd moved the seat back pockets to the headrest which was a way to create an inch extra leg room. However the flight left Egypt 20mins late at nearly 10pm and the cabin crew decided to try and sell us duty free at 1am in the morning, loudly proclaiming we should all purchase stuff. They didn't turn the lights off until after 2am. On arrival back to Glasgow at 2.30am GMT we then proceeded to stand around for 75 mins until our bags came out 1 by 1. I guess having one or two baggage handlers seemed fine on paper. I have also since found out that I could have flown Egypt Air from London to Cairo, and got an internal flight to Sharm for at least £100 less than this flight and would have got entertainment and food/drink. Its such a shame as Sharm is a lovely destination to be spoilt by the flying experience.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  17 September 2012 by Paula Lucas    (Ireland)

Booked to fly from Dublin to Verona on 8th September flight delayed by 7 hours, all we received by way of compensation was a pathetic 8 euro voucher - you couldn't fill your stomach with 8 euro and not even an apology. Arrived eventually at our hotel at 4 in the morning with a two year old baby. You could put it down to bad luck - planes get delayed but never did we imagine that on our return journey on 15th September back to Dublin we are delayed again, flight due to leave at 8.25pm and at this stage we don't even know if the flight will run at all - one minute we told the flight will leave at 2am, now we are hearing it's been cancelled altogether - this can't be bad luck again. No one to come and explain the situation and leaving people frustrated and angry. A shocking bad airline, one we will never use again.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  14 September 2012 by M Evans    (UK)

Flew from Gatwick to Sharm el Sheikh in August. Outbound flight 4.45 hrs, very cramped, no in flight entertainment, expensive drinks, pilot kept us informed. Return flight was 5 hours 20 mins, very hot, lack of in flight entertainment really let's Thomson down on longer flights, very cramped seats. Plus side, both flights took off on time and cabin crew were good.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  12 September 2012 by J Brocklesby    (UK)

Birmingham to Antalya Turkey - very, cramped conditions for a 4.5 hour flight. No legroom, the seats were very uncomfortable. My husband is 6'2" and was in pain. This cannot be legal to cram so may people into such a small space. We have never had a problem in the past with both Thomson and First Choice, but will consider other airlines in the future. This is not value for money and I now consider them a budget airline.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  11 September 2012 by Gillian Knowles    (UK)

Larnaca to Bristol Sept 2nd 2012. So little space. I am amazed its actually legal to cram so many people so close together on a flight of over 4 hours duration. We flew out Thomas Cook and I had no complaints. The return journey I had very little room and I am only 5'2". My hubby of 5'10" had his knees in the seat in front the whole journey. I put the tray down and it was touching my midriff, then I tried to read the inflight magazine and it was difficult to turn a page over as one end was in my midriff and one end touching the seat in front. Thomson will be my last choice from now on, I paid almost as much for these flights as a friend paid for her holiday so it wasn't a cheap option.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  11 September 2012 by W Heppenstall    (UK)

5.5 hr flight to Egypt, 767-300, 2-4-2 config. Uncomfortable and cramped seats, as others have mentioned absolutely no entertainment free or paid, no option for inflight meals not even a map to show where you we're. Blankets etc now charged for. Thomson are now a budget airline, unbearable on anything over 2-3 hours. Please bring back the entertainment or at least let us to choose to pay or not.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  7 September 2012 by B Hunter    (UK)

Appalling flight to and from Egypt, simply not an acceptable level of comfort for an almost 6 hour flight. Seats cramped, no legroom and if the person in front reclines their seat you cannot even put your table down. No entertainment, expensive and not really edible heated snacks. Staff did their best and were pleasant enough but this really is cattle truck travel at its worst. Compare this to any other airline flying to Egypt where even in the poorest economy seat there is a level of comfort unheard of in a Thomson flight. Would I fly Thomson long haul again? Never.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  6 September 2012 by I Garnham    (UK)

Very cramped seating on 757, NCL to Gran Canaria - 4hrs 20 mins flight. Inflight drinks and food were a total rip off. Fly easyjet or jet2 as they are the premium carriers now.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  6 September 2012 by Jade Ramsey    (UK)

When booking with Thomson I thought we were going to be flying with an above low budget. I thought wrong, they are no better than the low budget airlines, trying to cut back saving themselves a few pounds. We flew to Tenerife South from EMA in August 2012, the Thomson flight there was nice, decent leg room and nice cabin crew. Though my boyfriend paid for some food (what a waste of money) chips were all stuck together, and the chicken wrap, where was the chicken? Also, no air-conditioning which was not a noticeable problem when flying out. However, on the way home the plane was hot and stuffy and very uncomfortable. Cabin crew staff were quite rude, bumping into passengers and not saying sorry etc. I would not recommend flying them unless you have to fly less than 2.5 hours as it is unbearable. For saying we paid a lot of money for the flight, we really didn't get our moneys worth. Disappointed.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  4 September 2012 by G Kennedy    (UK)

Glasgow to Paphos August 2012. B757-200 aircraft with no seat pockets to give a little more legroom but nowhere to store water bottles etc. Seats were very tight and I'm not over five foot nine. When the person in front reclines it's awful as the small pocket is now at the top and in your face! Check in at both airports uneventful. Staff pleasant on both flights. Two cans of coke came to 6 euros and the excuse for a sandwich that was a fiver was not a patch on the Boots meal deal bought at the airport. Buy food and drink before you go. At Paphos buy pop and water at the newsagents, it's cheaper. Flights both on time. Lack of in flight entertainment puts this flight in budget class and five hours is a long time when you have nothing to do.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  31 August 2012 by Chris Prentice    (UK)

Flew to Tenerife from Gatwick. Thomson Airlines are now simply a budget airline. Think of everything a budget airline offers and Thomson have it: No inflight entertainment, rip off meals and drinks and extremely squashed up seats. Use to enjoy Thomson flights but never again!

Thomson Airways Customer review :  31 August 2012 by G C Nock    (UK)

Premium

Manchester to Sanford Orlando 10th August in Premium cabin. Both flights on time, reasonably comfortable seat, food not too bad, free drinks, decent afternoon tea on the outbound flight. IFE acceptable. The people who complain about the premium class on this site should understand its not Business class they should use Virgin or BA at 4 or 5 times the cost of the Thomson flights.

Thomson Airways Customer review :  31 August 2012 by D Hambridge    (UK)

Recently flew Thomson/First Choice to Orlando from Birmingham on July 28th on 767-300. Both ways good service and the flight was on time. I was a little bit disappointed at the fact we were flying on a First Choice aircraft as every time I'd flown First Choice the seats were extremely uncomfortable. However, I found that the seat was actually quite comfortable and spacious. Cabin crew were friendly and me and my family had a pleasant trip to and from Orlando Sanford!