TAP Air Portugal  Customer Reviews and TAP Portugal Passenger Trip Reports

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 February 2013 by Jorge Campos    (Portugal)

Perfect Flight from Porto - Lisbon and return. Bumpy due to very small plane. Staff disappeared all flight. Didn't hear from Pilots until approaching Lisbon. Apart from that good company to fly with.

TAP Portugal customer review :  13 February 2013 by Jorge Campos    (Portugal)

Flight from OPO - Moscow (DME). Perfect crew very helpful and entertaining. Pilots not too informative. A Good food and drink service. I was sat near some rude passengers, the crew noticed that and offered me an empty row, where I could lay and sleep a while. I more than recommend this company.

TAP Portugal customer review :  13 February 2013 by Sally Daw    (UK)

Having read all the reviews we were very dubious about flying with TAP. I can only say positive thinks about the whole experience. We travelled business class short haul to Funchal, the plane left on time and arrived 20 minutes early. Our bags were first off and all together. The service on board was excellent as was the quality, standard and presentation of the food. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I can't find anything to fault with the service today.

TAP Portugal customer review :  31 January 2013 by Michel Perrin    (Brazil)

LIS-GIG. Old 330. Seat 1J. Worst IFE in Business Class than most of Economy Class existing on the market. Very rude staff, who spent most of the 10hr flight laughing together. After the 1st drink, they disappeared foe 1.5 hrs. Part of the menu was just not available, and other options had so little quantities that they became unavailable. I could not find my headphones when requested to return them - I was accused of having stolen them. I flew more than 40 times on C class between Brazil and Portugal, this was just the worst cabin crew I've faced.

TAP Portugal customer review :  25 January 2013 by Anthony Hollis    (UK)

We have travelled to Funchal with TAP for the past 12 years and it has been an excellent experience. Their service when we usually travel in the winter is excellent - a good choice of flights and highly competitive prices for a scheduled service. There is no scramble for seats, and the whole process from booking in to boarding is well organised, particularly for someone like myself who is disabled. The in-flight service is exactly right for what is a short flight of under four hours.

TAP Portugal customer review :  15 January 2013 by A Moskona    (USA)

MIA-LIS: old-ish A330. Video barely worked and audio was broken. Food quality was poor and to our surprise, it was even worse on the return leg (LIS-MIA), where we were served an aluminium foil container with parboiled rice and a few cubes of chicken, a barely-edible fish spread, and a totally unpalatable desert. LIS- MIA: newer A330. Better entertainment system, except that audio was broken (again), and cheap earphones just didn't work. Cabin service was minimal. Meal was quickly cleared and crew disappeared for the rest of the 10 hour flight, only to re-emerge to serve a snack. If you were thirsty, you could go to the back where a flight attendant with an attitude poured you half a cup of water.

TAP Portugal customer review :  3 January 2013 by D Jones    (USA)

Newark to Lisbon in business class, then on to Funchal in coach plus. Returned from Lisbon to Miami. Service and food quality on outbound portion from Newark was much better than on return to Miami. Quality and service seems to be luck of the draw and inconsistent. I booked the flights 8 ght months in advance and originally booked Miami to Lisbon on the outbound portion. They cancelled the outbound flight from Miami but did not notify me. I found out 5 days before departure by calling the airline to reconfirm everything. Fortunately I was able to rebook out of Newark for the same day of departure, although this entailed an 8 hour layover in Lisbon for the continuing flight on to Funchal. The only other glaring negative was the food service on the return portion from Lisbon. The food was really poor. "Priority" luggage came off the airplane last in Miami. I would fly TAP again only if my destination was in Portugal. Otherwise, it's at the bottom of the barrel for European carriers in my opinion.

TAP Portugal customer review :  19 December 2012 by M Studzinski    (Poland)

10/12/12, Lisbon-Rio De Janeiro, Business Class. Big disappointment. Flight delayed for over 1 hr, but this is standard with TAP. Check-in agent didn't bother to explain why, just said that they changed departure time for today. Lounge in Lisbon was crowded, food was gone as well. Boarding chaotic, with many ground staff walking around the cabin with boxes, paperwork, chatting with cabin crew, ignoring passengers, no help with baggage, coats etc. Food was ok, edible, if you were not missed while giving trays. Despite having wine list, stewardess poured the one she had open on a drink cart! Some dishes were served still with foil wraps on. I was asked to pass every single item of china, cutlery and food to passenger seating next to me, felt like me being cabin crew. Everything looked rushed, without any attention to detail. Cabin crew were not interested in any kind of conversation or smile. Seat was ok, but not fully reclined, which is ok on day flights. IFE very old, with no AVOD, only 6 movies (you can not even stop them), and a map. Generally, not worth the money. TAP on European flights is better than most of the airlines, on long haul way below!

TAP Portugal customer review :  14 December 2012 by Kristiina Suviste    (Estonia)

Brussels-Lisbon-Miami-Lisbon-Brussels. Outbound trip ok - flights on time, we made the connecting flight and although the snacks and food were nothing special they were still ok. Cabin crew could have been friendlier. Baggage was on time and I was a happy traveller. The long haul flight was with an older plane, but it still had the small screens for every seat and they provided some entertainment. Flights back were a different story. Flight from Miami to Lisbon departed almost 2 hours later and the crew assured us they would do everything to get us to the connecting flight, which was supposed to leave an hour after the first one should have landed. We went to the services desk, got our food vouchers and were forced to wait another 6 hours for the next flight. Lisbon airport is a fairly uncomfortable airport to wait around at, connecting flight was of course late and they switched gates so after we finally arrived I was exhausted. Crew on our way back was more friendly though. I would use them again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  7 December 2012 by Abreu Henrique    (Portugal)

Took an outbound Long haul flight from São Paulo to Lisbon. I learnt while checking in that the airport does not have a Lounge or any type of restaurant in the Boarding area, meaning that all services are being delivered in the overcrowded, Public area. Only 3 small Food areas which were packed so no seats available, all power connections for laptops were occupied, waited 30 minutes to get my food and had to eat it standing. The service on board (economy) is poor, a scarce meal is served during the first 2 hours and then for 6 hours staff (not friendly), get to rest and only show up 1 hour before landing to serve a snack. The same during day time on the Flight LIS-SP.

TAP Portugal customer review :  6 December 2012 by Z Molnar    (Hungary)

Budapest-Lisbon and back, both on A320. Though my first flight was 2 hours late, the crew and service was nice, two rounds of drinks served. The seats were comfortable. The flight back left Portugal on time, the food was exactly the same as on my previous one.

TAP Portugal customer review :  6 December 2012 by Finn Birger Halvorsen    (Sweden)

Flew from Copenhagen to Faro via Lisbon. We were seated in the first row and both felt very uncomfortable in the cramped space. After and hour we were served a hot meal. No drinks offered before or after take off. Had to ask for more during dinner. Other seats in business class occupied by deadheaded crew. From LIS to Faro we were offered a glass of juice or water. Nothing else.

TAP Portugal customer review :  5 December 2012 by Alan Ramsay    (UK)

Lisbon to Heathrow in Sep 2012, with onward flight to Glasgow. First I was bumped off my booked flight with inadequate explanation. Made to wait for an hour despite turning up on time to have cancellation of seat confirmed, and booked on a later flight. Was reassured I would make my re-arranged connection. However, TAP announced a delay to the second flight Lisbon departure, making it very tight to make the next BA connection. Pointed this out to them, but treated in a very off-hand fashion, and told there would be no problem. This second flight was further delayed taking off, and after landing at Heathrow, took 30 to 40 mins bringing up the steps. I told flight staff, but complete disinterest. They also lost my luggage for both this and the outward flight to Lisbon for 3 days. Missed connection to Glasgow, and therefore the last evening flight to Glasgow. Went immediately searching for TAP staff, but they had all left. Had to book a hotel at my own expense overnight, and sort out rebooking BA flight in the morning to Glasgow. TAP customer care is absolutely dreadful.

TAP Portugal customer review :  5 December 2012 by Roger Childs    (Spain)

I have travelled AGP-LIS-FNC 5 times in the last 3 years and we have yet to enjoy a satisfactory flight. The flights are never on time so you miss your connection and you lose your baggage. The TAP information desk at Lisbon is under manned and twice I have queued 90 mins to get assistance, the catering is a joke, last September we received a biscuit and a bottle of water for lunch. This is the worst airline I have ever flown on but unfortunately I have no alternative because TAP are the only airline that fly the route.

TAP Portugal customer review :  3 December 2012 by Thomas Echter    (Germany)

Berlin - Lisbon - Sal Island and back Praia - Lisbon - Berlin. TAP has much improved in recent one or two years. Nice onboard service, with really good food (actually for Economy standards I might even say excellent food). Flights outbound were on time (as there is also some tough competition for Sal island). Backwards from Praia, the usual delay of one hour or so, nevertheless flight connection was working. Seats still old and only basic in flight entertainment. But in general I really enjoyed the flights.

TAP Portugal customer review :  29 November 2012 by G Santos    (Brazil)

BSB-LIS-ROM and ROM-LIS-GRU last month, in economy. All flights, no exceptions, were delayed, one connection was missed and we were denied boarding even though there was still time available. This airline is disorganized and what they do best is to exempt themselves from any responsibility whatsoever in delays - they're never to blame! In some flights the temperature was unacceptably cold and despite requests (including from other passengers) flight attendants did not raise the temperature. Value for money is not acceptable and I will never choose this airline again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  20 November 2012 by E Rosenthal    (USA)

Newark to Lisbon on Airbus A330. Check in was quick and pleasant. Attendant confirmed our kosher meal request. Since the flight was not full, we asked to change our seat to the middle section so we would have empty seats between us, and it was done quickly and cheerfully. Also given boarding passes for our next flight from Lisbon to Malaga on Portugalia, a TAP subsidiary. Boarding started on time. As Continental silver elite we were able to board early. Plane was nice and clean, seating was 2x4x2. My carry on fit in the overhead bin. Legroom and seat width were about the same as coach on other airlines. Armrest on the aisle side goes up. The seats were pretty comfortable, the seat belts extremely long, and there was even a foot rest. Blankets and pillows for each person. Blankets were needed for the first half of the flight which was very cold. Although we pushed back for an on-time takeoff, we were delayed thereafter because of runway traffic for about 30-40 minutes. After takeoff the entertainment system was turned on. There was personal video with touch control. About 8 recent movies, other foreign language films, TV shows, games and other stuff. Once we reached cruising altitude, the food service began. Our kosher food was brought to us early, to the right seat, even though our seat was changed at check in. Overall it was a good flight.

TAP Portugal customer review :  14 November 2012 by Luuk Eveleens    (Netherlands)

Miami to Amsterdam via Lisbon. Departed on-time unfortunately we again had an old plane. On this flight my TV screen did not work at all. The crew did what they could but it still didn't work. Inflight entertainment really needs an upgrade. The meals were decent and we made an on-time arrival in Lisbon where we had 1 hr transfer. Long lines at security and it took a long time to get through. Luckily the flight waited for us and after 20 mins we departed. After that an announcement 'no commercial service on this flight', I didn't know what this meant but that became clear, there was no service or drinks at all! I didn't see any crew members during the 2 hour flight! Very disappointing.

TAP Portugal customer review :  9 November 2012 by C King    (UK)

Used four times now and have to say the service is consistent - bored, unhelpful staff and 3 late flights. These have been either LGW or LHR to Lisbon. On the last flight I witnessed a steward ignore an elderly gentleman who couldn't find overhead locker space. A disgrace.

TAP Portugal customer review :  9 November 2012 by Greg Smart    (UK)

LHR-LIS-LHR in economy, both flights on A320s. Outbound, checked in online and found no queue at the baggage drop off point. Very friendly check-in agent, who gave our bags 'Priority' stickers for no apparent reason. Boarding was 20 minutes late with no explanation but still managed to push back on time. Seat comfort and leg room fine for a 2hr flight. Drop down TV's had something showing, but with no sound or headphones, it was lost on me. Free meal was a decent sandwich and fruit drink, along with a choice of another complimentary drink (incl. alcohol). Cabin crew were professional, my partner left his mobile phone on board, which was discovered by an FA after everyone had alighted the aircraft. FA then ensured that the bus to the terminal didn't leave until she had found the owner of the phone. Return flight - check-in, bag drop, and onboard service and comfort as outbound, but the flight was delayed 2hrs with no apologies or explanations given. Boarding was chaotic - the usual case of too much 'large' hand luggage causing problems for everyone else on what was a very full flight. Overall, an excellent experience outbound and a disappointing return flight due mainly to poor communications and the chaos of boarding, but I'd give them another chance.

TAP Portugal customer review :  8 November 2012 by Fang Jun    (China)

AMS-OPO. Fokker 100. Aircraft was clean, the service was good. Crew were helpful and friendly. On time flight. From OPO to MXP, ER4 was even smaller. Breakfast was served. Nice trip. On time flight.

TAP Portugal customer review :  8 November 2012 by L Sampo    (Finland)

Not the best of experiences Oct/Nov 2012 (HEL-LIS and LIS-HEL). We had golf bags with us, which required a lot of interaction with customer service. Unfortunately, there was just one person working at the desk, with queues of 10s of metres. The cabin (A319) was old fashioned with sweaty leather seats and worn out equipment. The food was ok. The return was also similar, with lots of waiting for just to pay our golf bags. Return flight was delayed and just a part of the customers luggage was loaded into the plane to make it in time to Helsinki.