TAP Air Portugal  Customer Reviews and TAP Portugal Passenger Trip Reports

TAP Portugal customer review :  22 July 2013 by B Bantam    (UK)

Portugália Airlines: Ancient aircraft, lateness and worn out wobbly seats - Portugalia is for you. Stewardesses were very good. Flew Manchester to Lisbon. Booked to fly on TAP but they decided to shunt us onto their poor relation. Ridiculous delays and poor aircraft experience (Fokker 100). Worn out seats and broken fittings. Will go out of my way to make sure next time we fly to Lisbon that we avoid Portugalia - or TAP for that matter.

TAP Portugal customer review :  22 July 2013 by J Gonzaga    (UK)

Check in at LGW, agent did not even greet me, took my passport, tagged my bag and that was the extent of the exchange. Boarding was on time however, my seat (6B) was still in a business call setting so I had to call a steward over to sort this out which she did but then I had to find my own head rest which was under the seat. Lunch was so poor, I wish they had not bothered with it. Flight arrived early and we were off quickly. Poor service, flight attendants not interested and unfortunately this is not the Air Portugal service that I use to know and I hope that this will change soon.

TAP Portugal customer review :  20 July 2013 by D Freitas    (Portugal)

FNC-LIS-FNC. There is a recurring issue when flying with this airline which is the cabin crew. More than usual, they are flying with ‘minimum cabin crew’ which actually means you won't get served any meal whatsoever. Not even a cup of water, don't mind asking. Cabin crew, more than surly, seems absent minded and just don't care about passengers. I'm a frequent flyer and I always get the feeling I'm a burden to them. Low cost carriers offer much better product. Unfortunately for some routes they got the exclusive monopoly. Don't mind complaining too, they won't read or reply.

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 July 2013 by C MCconnell    (Czech Republic)

Flight delayed 2 hours from Prague to Lisbon. Arrived at midnight. I missed my connecting TAP Portugal flight to Faro. I was sent to a hotel without my luggage. I was given a boarding pass for the next day at 22:30 which is unacceptable. I also had a hotel booked in Faro for one night, which I obviously missed yet still paid for. I went to the airport at 05.00 to reclaim my baggage and was denied it. I managed to get transferred onto the morning flight at 09.45. Changed gate almost 5 times before passengers commenced boarding. In the process of boarding, flight was cancelled. I asked for food vouchers which they very nearly refused to give us. Waited at baggage claim for our luggage for over 4 hours! My bag, in the end, did not appear. Finally a bus arrived and I made it to my destination at 22:30. Return flight from Faro to Lisbon was fine. Arrived at noon. Flight from Lisbon to Prague was scheduled at 14.45, delayed until 16.15. Then delayed another hour and another and another. No concrete information given. They were understaffed and short 2 cabin crew members. Stayed in the airport until 21.30 and 9.5 hours later we finally boarded the flight to Prague, with no in-flight meal. Landed in Prague at 02.30.

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 July 2013 by R Harrington    (UK)

28th June, TP331, London Gatwick to Porto. 12th July, TP332, Porto to London Gatwick. Traveled twice with TAP in last 2 weeks. Have flown many times for both business and leisure, both short and long haul. I have to say TAP is probably the worst airline that I have come across. Late seems to be the norm, with no information about the cause and no real apology. Blaming a "late inbound aircraft" is not really an explanation - after all, its their fleet. Cabin crew surly and unfriendly. Choose another carrier if you can would be my advice.

TAP Portugal customer review :  16 July 2013 by V Naidoo    (Australia)

BCN to LIS return (TP1039, 10 July 2013/ TP 1038, 14 July 2013). Both flights were on-time and commendable. The flight was smooth, food (sandwich and juice) was decent for the short flight. The flight attendants seemed rather friendly also.

TAP Portugal customer review :  15 July 2013 by A Ricardo    (Portugal)

Had two flights, LIS-LHR and a Portugalia (Tap owned) MAD-LIS recently. TAP flight was steady, great pilot. Delay of 30mins solved and arrived on time. Meal: ok for such short flight, A320 is not a plane that I like a lot but its ok. Service with a smile. Portugalia's flight was on a Fokker 100 and I liked it a lot. Plane looks less cramped than the A320. Good service, helpful crew. In check with PGA normal service. Smooth flight. Luggage: no problems.

TAP Portugal customer review :  12 July 2013 by A Nikunen    (Finland)

FAO-LIS-Helsinki. TP 1912 and TP796. 8/7/2013. During the last month I have had 4 flights with TAP. Delays seem to be business as usual. But the thing that really amazes me is the unfriendliness of the cabin crew. Are they trained to be stiff and impolite? What would a smile and a friendly, positive attitude towards the customers cost? Now the basic feeling on the flights has been that the customers are only irritating nuisances.

TAP Portugal customer review :  11 July 2013 by H Andrade    (Portugal)

Lisboa - Sao Paulo - Flight overbooked! (Maybe that's why on-line check was not working). As a regular Silver passenger I have to wait 45 minutes to be confirmed on the flight. Once more the flight departed with a two hours delay. Food OK, Very young friendly crew but the old supervisors not friendly. Every month I have a transcontinental flight with TAP, the feeling I have is: "they are doing us a favor." Flights are much more expensive and the service is everyday poor.

TAP Portugal customer review :  11 July 2013 by H Andrade    (Portugal)

Sao Paulo - Lisboa - once more the flight was overbooked, consequently delayed. Ground staff was horrible. This time I don't have any luck and catch one of the worst cabin crews in life. Food was served like a campus without option, for the first time I skipped a meal on a transatlantic flight. I prefer to starve to eat such crap, many around do the same. Cabin crew do not offer an option. Breakfast service was poor. TAP abuses a dominant position, we don't have any other option to cross the Atlantic to Brasil. This explain the highly prices (3400 euros) in economy and the poor service.

TAP Portugal customer review :  11 July 2013 by H Andrade    (Portugal)

LIS-MUN. Flight delayed 3 hours, no service provide on the ground, remember Lisbon Airport is the main hub for TAP. Boarding by bus, old A320 with the interior dirty, old and smelly. No food, drinks or snack served on board due to "one missing cabin crew". On the way back the flight was operated by the Star Alliance partner Lufthansa A321, a superb flight experience, like should be always.

TAP Portugal customer review :  9 July 2013 by Rainer Rohdewohld    (Germany)

Flew from HAM to LIS, 29/6/2013 and return a week later in Economy. Flight from HAM was delayed 3 hours, no service was provided during the flight because of lack of staff (official explanation). Since it was a day after the general strike in Portugal I thought this might be bad luck. Return flight slightly delayed and again no service on board because of "lack of staff". This information came together with the boarding announcement so no chance to stock up provisions before boarding. After reading other comments my impression is that this is corporate policy although TAP does not claim to be a low-cost airline and is certainly charging significantly more than LC carriers. Definitely not recommendable.

TAP Portugal customer review :  5 July 2013 by Roger Childs    (Spain)

As a regular traveller AGP/LIS/FNC I am left with no choice but to fly TAP, This must be the worlds worst airline for lost bags, late flights and missed connections. The last time I flew this route they lost our bags, missed our connection and gave us a biscuit for lunch. I wish another carrier would start to operate on this route.

TAP Portugal customer review :  4 July 2013 by S McAllister    (UK)

Tried to fly LHR-LIS-FAO: after checking in at Heathrow saw a delay on the screen and departure time pushed back and back. Finally found the one representative (trying to cover 45-odd airlines) and was told the flight was late as the incoming flight had to unexpectedly land at Gatwick. When we did take off, 3 hours late, there was no running water in the loos or to make hot drinks with. Offered a seat on the next Faro flight as I'd missed the connection, but it was 7 hours later. I said I would rather drive as that took only 2 hours, cue much head- scratching about the craziness of this when a meal voucher was on offer. Took over an hour to get my bag back. Then came the return flight from Lisbon - longest queue I have ever, ever seen to check in, even longer queue for security. Flight was over an hour late taking off for no particular reason. Will never fly TAP again no matter how cheap they are.

TAP Portugal customer review :  4 July 2013 by Pat Harvey    (UK)

Flew to Oporto from Gatwick as part of package holiday with Titan Holidays, 18/06/13. Warned at check in flight 70 minutes late which apparently is quite usual and to have something to eat before the flight as the food is minimal and awful. Good advice, as light snack was very dry bread roll with plastic ham. Staff were not very friendly and carried out a minimum service. On positive side Oporto airport very spacious and efficient. Return flight 26/6/13, on time, better service but still the dry bread roll.

TAP Portugal customer review :  27 June 2013 by John Roder    (Australia)

Marseille to Lisbon, 18/5/13, flight TP409. Lisbon to Rome, 22/5/13, flight TP842. Flew Tap twice in May 2013. The crew and flight were very pleasant. They need to get rid of the dry bread roll for the snack and replace it with something better. Would fly with them again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  27 June 2013 by Nicolette Nathon    (Hungary)

BUD-LIS-MIA in January 2013. Nice and polite crew, landing on time, good catering. The greatest surprise was overnight service in Lisbon: private transport to 4* hotel downtown (everything included in the very reasonable price). On the way back from MIA 6 hours in Blue Lounge, also very good experience, nice assistance and food.

TAP Portugal customer review :  20 June 2013 by Jose Carvalho    (Germany)

MIA-LIS on a quite new A330. Flight full and on time. Nice tasty meal, good inflight entertainment system and very attentive crew who managed to re-launch the AVOD system as it was not working at all seats. After that ok. As usual with TAP a very smooth, quiet flight. Close to landing in Lisbon a nice breakfast was served. As first flight arriving in Lisbon, 30 minutes after landing we left the airport.

TAP Portugal customer review :  20 June 2013 by D Kenworthy    (UK)

Checked in for a scheduled flight from Miami to Lisbon and on to Manchester, UK. Flying Executive (Business) with departure scheduled for 16.30, Mon 3rd June. Waited with no information in lounge until 21.00 when agency staff arrived to collect our bags as we were going to be taken to a hotel for the night. Provided with adequate accommodation and dinner and breakfast. Taken back to airport at 12.00 noon when were rechecked onto the supposedly repaired aircraft and a connection from Lisbon to Manchester. Scheduled take off 15.00. At 14.25 asked the lounge staff to confirm if we needed to go to the gate as the Departures board had not changed. They had no information and could not get a reply by telephone from TAP so we were advised to go straight to the Gate. No TAP staff there and very few passengers. Went back with other passengers to the Check-in Desks which were simply chaotic. Offered seats on an alternative flight by BA but warned by other passengers that BA were not honouring TAPs tickets. This was because of the difference in value and even after wasting an hour walking round the airport with a TAP staff member the best we could get was an economy ticket in exchange for our TAP Club equivalent. Ended up paying 650$ extra for World Traveller Plus upgrade so we could at least sit together on what was a full flight. Finally departed 28+ hours late. Claim going in to TAP. Whilst the outbound flight was on time TAP's idea of Executive Class is a joke.

TAP Portugal customer review :  11 June 2013 by Emanuel Santos    (Finland)

Helsinki Vantaa to Lisbon. Excellent flight unlimited drinks (FREE) and excellent food! Nice crew, very friendly.

TAP Portugal customer review :  10 June 2013 by Mark Hughes    (UK)

TP331, LGW-OPO, Efficient check-in, given an invitation to the No 1 Traveller Lounge in South Terminal Gatwick. The lounge is adequate if unexceptional. Flight was well above average with attentive cabin crew and really excellent imaginative catering. The only downside was our baggage was given priority stickers which almost automatically relegates then on most airlines to being delivered last!

TAP Portugal customer review :  8 June 2013 by S Rasmussen    (Denmark)

CPH-LIS return. Flights on time, seating was OK, and legroom with no worries, even if I am tall and overweight. A hot meal was served (a very positive surprise), it wasn't to my taste, but other passengers really enjoyed it, so I cannot complain. Only thing that annoyed me was the cabin crew who spoke very bad English, and an attitude that made me feel as if passengers were a major source of trouble to them. Entertainment options on this 3 hour flight was equal to zero. Altogether, I got an OK flight, but TAP should really Work hard on learning their staff what service attitude is all about.