TAP Air Portugal  Customer Reviews and TAP Portugal Passenger Trip Reports

TAP Portugal customer review :  25 July 2013 by D Barker    (UK)

Flew to Horta via Lisbon from Heathrow. All 4 flights there and back were delayed. Luggage lost for 2 days on outward flight. On last leg Lisbon to Heathrow not enough cabin staff to serve the light meal and drink, just offered cup of water.

TAP Portugal customer review :  25 July 2013 by P Besnard    (Netherlands)

16/6/2013, Amsterdam - Lisbon, departure time approx. 12.15 hrs. 28/6/2013 instead of 27/6/2013 (cause: strike, 25 hours delay): Lisbon - Amsterdam, flight 662. Very bad experience. Flight 1: overbooked, no security instruction, unfriendly personnel. Flight 2: totally insufficient management of Portuguese strike, no security instruction, unfriendly personnel, same entertainment as during flight 1.

TAP Portugal customer review :  22 July 2013 by J Johnny    (Portugal)

Portugália Airlines: LIS-BRU, on a Fokker 100. Departure slightly delayed. Aircraft was dated, there were no information monitors but seats were comfortable, although space under the seats could be bigger. Crew was friendly but the meal consisted only of a turkey and cheese sandwich, accompanied by a fruit drink, however this was a mid- afternoon flight of 2 hours 40 minutes, so there is no need for a fancy meal.

TAP Portugal customer review :  22 July 2013 by B Bantam    (UK)

Portugália Airlines: Ancient aircraft, lateness and worn out wobbly seats - Portugalia is for you. Stewardesses were very good. Flew Manchester to Lisbon. Booked to fly on TAP but they decided to shunt us onto their poor relation. Ridiculous delays and poor aircraft experience (Fokker 100). Worn out seats and broken fittings. Will go out of my way to make sure next time we fly to Lisbon that we avoid Portugalia - or TAP for that matter.

TAP Portugal customer review :  22 July 2013 by J Gonzaga    (UK)

Check in at LGW, agent did not even greet me, took my passport, tagged my bag and that was the extent of the exchange. Boarding was on time however, my seat (6B) was still in a business call setting so I had to call a steward over to sort this out which she did but then I had to find my own head rest which was under the seat. Lunch was so poor, I wish they had not bothered with it. Flight arrived early and we were off quickly. Poor service, flight attendants not interested and unfortunately this is not the Air Portugal service that I use to know and I hope that this will change soon.

TAP Portugal customer review :  20 July 2013 by D Freitas    (Portugal)

FNC-LIS-FNC. There is a recurring issue when flying with this airline which is the cabin crew. More than usual, they are flying with ‘minimum cabin crew’ which actually means you won't get served any meal whatsoever. Not even a cup of water, don't mind asking. Cabin crew, more than surly, seems absent minded and just don't care about passengers. I'm a frequent flyer and I always get the feeling I'm a burden to them. Low cost carriers offer much better product. Unfortunately for some routes they got the exclusive monopoly. Don't mind complaining too, they won't read or reply.

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 July 2013 by C MCconnell    (Czech Republic)

Flight delayed 2 hours from Prague to Lisbon. Arrived at midnight. I missed my connecting TAP Portugal flight to Faro. I was sent to a hotel without my luggage. I was given a boarding pass for the next day at 22:30 which is unacceptable. I also had a hotel booked in Faro for one night, which I obviously missed yet still paid for. I went to the airport at 05.00 to reclaim my baggage and was denied it. I managed to get transferred onto the morning flight at 09.45. Changed gate almost 5 times before passengers commenced boarding. In the process of boarding, flight was cancelled. I asked for food vouchers which they very nearly refused to give us. Waited at baggage claim for our luggage for over 4 hours! My bag, in the end, did not appear. Finally a bus arrived and I made it to my destination at 22:30. Return flight from Faro to Lisbon was fine. Arrived at noon. Flight from Lisbon to Prague was scheduled at 14.45, delayed until 16.15. Then delayed another hour and another and another. No concrete information given. They were understaffed and short 2 cabin crew members. Stayed in the airport until 21.30 and 9.5 hours later we finally boarded the flight to Prague, with no in-flight meal. Landed in Prague at 02.30.

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 July 2013 by R Harrington    (UK)

28th June, TP331, London Gatwick to Porto. 12th July, TP332, Porto to London Gatwick. Traveled twice with TAP in last 2 weeks. Have flown many times for both business and leisure, both short and long haul. I have to say TAP is probably the worst airline that I have come across. Late seems to be the norm, with no information about the cause and no real apology. Blaming a "late inbound aircraft" is not really an explanation - after all, its their fleet. Cabin crew surly and unfriendly. Choose another carrier if you can would be my advice.

TAP Portugal customer review :  16 July 2013 by V Naidoo    (Australia)

BCN to LIS return (TP1039, 10 July 2013/ TP 1038, 14 July 2013). Both flights were on-time and commendable. The flight was smooth, food (sandwich and juice) was decent for the short flight. The flight attendants seemed rather friendly also.

TAP Portugal customer review :  15 July 2013 by A Ricardo    (Portugal)

Had two flights, LIS-LHR and a Portugalia (Tap owned) MAD-LIS recently. TAP flight was steady, great pilot. Delay of 30mins solved and arrived on time. Meal: ok for such short flight, A320 is not a plane that I like a lot but its ok. Service with a smile. Portugalia's flight was on a Fokker 100 and I liked it a lot. Plane looks less cramped than the A320. Good service, helpful crew. In check with PGA normal service. Smooth flight. Luggage: no problems.

TAP Portugal customer review :  12 July 2013 by A Nikunen    (Finland)

FAO-LIS-Helsinki. TP 1912 and TP796. 8/7/2013. During the last month I have had 4 flights with TAP. Delays seem to be business as usual. But the thing that really amazes me is the unfriendliness of the cabin crew. Are they trained to be stiff and impolite? What would a smile and a friendly, positive attitude towards the customers cost? Now the basic feeling on the flights has been that the customers are only irritating nuisances.

TAP Portugal customer review :  11 July 2013 by H Andrade    (Portugal)

Lisboa - Sao Paulo - Flight overbooked! (Maybe that's why on-line check was not working). As a regular Silver passenger I have to wait 45 minutes to be confirmed on the flight. Once more the flight departed with a two hours delay. Food OK, Very young friendly crew but the old supervisors not friendly. Every month I have a transcontinental flight with TAP, the feeling I have is: "they are doing us a favor." Flights are much more expensive and the service is everyday poor.

TAP Portugal customer review :  11 July 2013 by H Andrade    (Portugal)

Sao Paulo - Lisboa - once more the flight was overbooked, consequently delayed. Ground staff was horrible. This time I don't have any luck and catch one of the worst cabin crews in life. Food was served like a campus without option, for the first time I skipped a meal on a transatlantic flight. I prefer to starve to eat such crap, many around do the same. Cabin crew do not offer an option. Breakfast service was poor. TAP abuses a dominant position, we don't have any other option to cross the Atlantic to Brasil. This explain the highly prices (3400 euros) in economy and the poor service.

TAP Portugal customer review :  11 July 2013 by H Andrade    (Portugal)

LIS-MUN. Flight delayed 3 hours, no service provide on the ground, remember Lisbon Airport is the main hub for TAP. Boarding by bus, old A320 with the interior dirty, old and smelly. No food, drinks or snack served on board due to "one missing cabin crew". On the way back the flight was operated by the Star Alliance partner Lufthansa A321, a superb flight experience, like should be always.

TAP Portugal customer review :  9 July 2013 by Rainer Rohdewohld    (Germany)

Flew from HAM to LIS, 29/6/2013 and return a week later in Economy. Flight from HAM was delayed 3 hours, no service was provided during the flight because of lack of staff (official explanation). Since it was a day after the general strike in Portugal I thought this might be bad luck. Return flight slightly delayed and again no service on board because of "lack of staff". This information came together with the boarding announcement so no chance to stock up provisions before boarding. After reading other comments my impression is that this is corporate policy although TAP does not claim to be a low-cost airline and is certainly charging significantly more than LC carriers. Definitely not recommendable.

TAP Portugal customer review :  5 July 2013 by Roger Childs    (Spain)

As a regular traveller AGP/LIS/FNC I am left with no choice but to fly TAP, This must be the worlds worst airline for lost bags, late flights and missed connections. The last time I flew this route they lost our bags, missed our connection and gave us a biscuit for lunch. I wish another carrier would start to operate on this route.

TAP Portugal customer review :  31 July 2013 by T Pinheiro    (Netherlands)

AMS-OPO (TP651 on 25/7/2013) and OPO-AMS (TP652 on 29/7/2013). Inbound flight delayed 1hr 35mins for a 2hr 38mins flight. Outbound flight delayed 30 minutes. Delays are constant on this route. The last 10 flights I flew on this route were all delayed. The explanation was always the same: "late arrival of the aircraft", which really is no explanation whatsoever as to say that the flight is late because the aircraft is late amounts to say nothing at all. The delays led to the loss of takeoff/landing slots and/or to the allocation of the farthest takeoff/landing runaway in Schiphol which adds to the delays and is frustrating to the passengers. Priority luggage at the arrival of the aircraft in Amsterdam was delivered last compounding the delay. Boarding was chaotic, with everyone boarding simultaneously and queues not being respected both in OPO and AMS. Aircraft on this route (Fokker-100) are old and outdated. TAP Portugal is expensive (flight costs are those of a premium airline, while the service is certainly not), inefficient and its on-time performance is appalling. Although the food is decent in the business cabin, the service is nothing special, with attitude shown from both the cabin crew and the handling staff. It is dangerously placed in an airline limbo: its service is slightly better than a low cost - food/drinks and newspapers are provided - but its cost is that of a premium airline. However, delays are a constant. All in all it would not be a sustainable airline, if it did not have the advantage of the de-facto monopoly in certain routes. Not recommended.

TAP Portugal customer review :  31 July 2013 by J Garnett    (USA)

My flight yesterday was from Brussels to Marrakech - connecting in Lisbon. Initial flight out was delayed, causing us to miss our connecting flight to Marrakech, which was the last flight and only flight into Marrakech out of Lisbon airport. The whole situation was preventable, had the airport staff skipped us to the front of the customs line, or even moved us to the European passport line. We waited in the US passport line for 30 minutes - while there was no wait in the European passport line. When I explained to staff that I was going to miss my flight, he responded that the TAP Portugal flight had been delayed 30 minutes, so I would still make my flight. When I got to the gate, the plane was there but the gate was closed. In fact the flight was not delayed 30 minutes, rather they waited an extra 10 minutes for late passengers, but apparently not for us. The TAP customer service rep was rude and incompetent. She gave us bad instructions on retrieving our luggage, and it took us almost 3 hours to get our suitcases. We arrived at Lisbon airport at 2.15 - by the time we dealt with all the unfortunate nonsense it was almost 6pm before we got in a cab. TAP Portugal's standards of service are unacceptable.

TAP Portugal customer review :  25 July 2013 by D Barker    (UK)

TAP Portugal customer review :  25 July 2013 by P Besnard    (Netherlands)

TAP Portugal customer review :  22 July 2013 by J Johnny    (Portugal)