TAP Air Portugal  Customer Reviews and TAP Portugal Passenger Trip Reports

TAP Portugal customer review :  15 November 2013 by W Pawe    (Poland)

Lisbon - Warsaw - direct flight, flight delayed 1 hr 45mins, no information, extremely rude staff on the ground, once more an old aircraft. Crew this time more friendly but without experience, lousy service, the wine was good but the food awful. As I said before high fares in exchange a low cost service. I was totally in love with Lisbon and Portugal but next time I will flight via Swiss or Germany to avoid TAP Portugal flights.

TAP Portugal customer review :  15 November 2013 by W Pawe    (Poland)

Warsaw - Lisbon - direct flight, horrible experience, this is definitely a low cost company with high fares. No food on board, awful crew, old and dirty aircraft, the ground service match the poor quality in the air. I hope low cost carries start to operate this route, having this high fare company offering a low cost service at high prices need to end. easyJet offers a better service twice cheaper. Avoid TAP Portugal.

TAP Portugal customer review :  14 November 2013 by D Philip    (UK)

Do not fly TAP Economy (certainly not if you are towards the back of an A320) if you have legs: there is nowhere to put them! Even Ryanair has more legroom. Additionally they have redefined the meaning of "meal" to refer to a minuscule filled roll and an eggcup full of home made glue purporting to be a fruit drink. Avoid if you can.

TAP Portugal customer review :  12 November 2013 by M Brown    (UK)

Gatwick - Lisbon - Heathrow - spotless A319 outbound and A320 return, and friendly, competent crew. I've flown this route on TAP five times now and it's always been OK, although the return flight was on a substitute aircraft as the first one was taken out of service. The delay was only about 20 mins. Sandwiches a bit basic but ice cold Sagres beer.

TAP Portugal customer review :  8 November 2013 by M Vieira    (UK)

Flew to Porto from Amsterdam with a stop in Lisbon. On time with a nice crew and good food onboard. Both flights early and bags were delivered soon! Lisbon airport has some improvements and looks nicer, so connecting there is a lot more confortable!

TAP Portugal customer review :  6 November 2013 by A Saraiva    (UK)

I fly with TAP about 5-6 times a year, mainly on the Lisboa - London route. One of my main issues with them is their ground handling "Groundforce", in Lisboa. The flight information screens are not always updated or accurate and the check-in area is always overcrowded and disorganized! To make matters worse, many of the check-in and gate agents are unprofessional and rude. Last week, we were kept 15min inside a hot bus before it was dispatched to the aircraft. When we arrived at the aircraft a further 10min wait before the doors were open. The flight was over an hour late and the all male cabin crew looked scruffy and had a bad attitude!

TAP Portugal customer review :  24 October 2013 by Lynne Hopkins    (France)

I am a frequent flyer passenger with TAP. I flew from Lisbon to Geneva yesterday (2 pm flight, October 22 2013). Only when we were on board did the announcement come that they were flying with a "minimum crew" and therefore there would be no on-board service. During the 2.5 hour flight they offered us a glass of water. I know this airline is in trouble financially, but they could have announced the absence of service before people boarded (preferably at check-in) so that we could at least buy some food and coffee to take on board (Starbucks in the departure lounge, for example). This has never happened to me before - on this or any airline.

TAP Portugal customer review :  23 October 2013 by D Barker    (UK)

Flew from Heathrow to Lisbon, then Lisbon to Faial at the end of June. Both flights delayed and baggage lost for two days. Return flights on time but no cabin service, this seems to be very common reading other comments. Never flying with them again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  21 October 2013 by Rajan Parrikar    (USA)

EWR-LIS in Business Class on an A330. The flight was delayed by over an hour. Warmly greeted upon boarding. Cabin was clean, but the seats were not flatbed. Service was polite and attentive, and the food served was excellent.

TAP Portugal customer review :  16 October 2013 by Elaine Hall    (UK)

London Heathrow to Lisbon. Service was fine at Heathrow and fine to Lisbon, there was delay at Lisbon airport and at Miami due to air strike in France. The service could of been better to Miami, only one choice of meal on long distance but two choices of meals coming back from Miami to Lisbon and not happy that you only get half a cup of coffee or tea. Price is ok but not when you pay for your inflight meals on all your trips. Staff at Lisbon airport was fine, air stewardesses were not pleasant, the male stewards were fine and helpful. I felt uncomfortable on the flights, leg room was not good on flights to Miami, the return was better.

TAP Portugal customer review :  16 October 2013 by T Cuberos    (Holland)

October 5th from Seville to Caracas. Flying Seville to Lisbon first. Travelled with my 7 month old baby and my husband, when we arrived in Seville the woman at check-in told us that there was something wrong with my ticket, she told me my child appeared linked to my husband ticket and not mine. Told to fly to Lisbon and they would resolve my issue. In Lisbon I was told I had no ticket and that my son could fly with my husband but not me. I did not move from the front of the line when they told me they could not assist me, it took almost 2 hours to solve my issue. A very impolite man came and gave me the boarding pass for my baby and me. I can not believe how we were treated and how difficult it was for them to put us on the plane we paid for. To top of it the food served during the flight was very poor.

TAP Portugal customer review :  11 October 2013 by A Lopes    (Switzerland)

Had a business class flight from Milan to Lisbon (1/10/13), was very nice. The cabin crew were friendly and always helped. The food was good for airline meals. Very efficient serving. No problem with the luggage. Got back to Zurich on 9/10/13 again business class. Very nice service as described before, always refilled the glasses. The priority luggage is always the first which comes out. I always travel with TAP when I go to Portugal, they still maintain a certain high lever which is very satisfactory.

TAP Portugal customer review :  11 October 2013 by Theresa Flora    (USA)

Flew out of LIsbon to New Jersey on 10/8/13. We had one bag of checked luggage between the 3 of us. It was 6 kilos over. We were told it would cost 8 euros to check the bag. My husband took out 10 euros and the rep said to bring the cash to customer service. When we got to customer service we were told it was 80 euros, not 8. We had to pay it because the bag had already been taken, otherwise we would've emptied some things into our carry- ons. Keep in mind we had one checked bag between us. We were technically under weight! Next, we were seated in the back of the aircraft, so by the time the food cart came to us, they were out of one selection. The other selection was awful. Our child ate barely anything. The snack brought later on was a dried out Swiss cheese sandwich that was inedible. Most passengers left it intact and sent it back. For $950 a ticket, one would think the food would at least be edible. We won't be using TAP again. We've had a better experience on United, and we can pick our seats.

TAP Portugal customer review :  11 October 2013 by Bruno Cardoso    (Portugal)

February 2012 from Lisbon to Rome and vice-versa. The flights departed on schedule and the crews were excellent. On our returning flight, the crew were very friendly. The meal on board the first flight was the thing I considered very poor: a cup of juice and some biscuits for a journey of 2.5 hrs. On my returning flight the situation was worse because TAP didn't serve any meals. The experience on board was ok: the aircraft, A319, were clean and comfortable. An experience to repeat, I hope.

TAP Portugal customer review :  3 October 2013 by Nicolaou Nicos    (Germany)

It appears that TAP has made it a habit to announce no cabin service at the very last minute. Flew back to Germany from Lisbon. One hour delay at airport, 3 hours flight and only a glass of water not even a coffee. It appears that they save the food and drinks for the return flight from Frankfurt to Lisbon. What do they mean with minimum cabin crew? There were 3 air stewards for 135 passengers. Still no service on board. Totally unacceptable. I will never fly with TAP again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  2 October 2013 by M Ritter    (Germany)

FRA-LIS, 2013/09/08, LIS-Horta (Azores), 2013/09/13, back to FRA, 2013/09/21, economy. Had booked the flight 10 months in advance, scheduling was changed twice during the first 6 months. Had planned to fly back on Sept, 20th, flight from Horta to LIS was cancelled in April, and would we change to fly from Ponta Delgada (350 km distance). We booked on the flight for the 21st and had to book (and pay of course) one night plus in our hotel. For the flight home, we luckily did online check-in the day before, where we learned that we were not booked on the flight. Phone call revealed that the flight we had originally booked had been re-established and carried out, though, and that they had booked us back on that plane without telling us, so that we had unwillingly produced no- show some hours ago. Luckily there were still free seats on the plane for next morning so they booked us back, and 5 minutes later we could proceed to our online check-in. Flights as such were okay, food was rather good, crew quite kind, but I had to go myself to the rear and ask for water because nobody responded to the attendant's call. The captain on LIS-FRA very kindly invited us to the attention of a very clear nocturnal sight on Paris. IFE on small ceiling-hanged monitors ridiculous if you have no binoculars.

TAP Portugal customer review :  2 October 2013 by H Andrade    (Portugal)

GIG-LIS. Another delay, according to FlightStats TAP has a 80% delay score frequently and I suffer with many of them. Another disgraceful economic class flight, the same food was served days before, same old A330 airplane without wi-fi or any on demand service on board. The crew were young, without any visible experience and unprofessional, to many problems and mistakes, lack of solutions to solve them. They spend all the time hidden, chatting and laughing behind curtains. As a frequent flyer I saw TAP service getting worst flight after flight.

TAP Portugal customer review :  2 October 2013 by H Andrade    (Portugal)

LIS-AMS. Inside the airplane we were told there was no service on board. This is the sixth time this has happened to me on TAP this month. The flight was delayed 1hr 20mins. Once more typical and standard TAP no service and delayed flight.

TAP Portugal customer review :  2 October 2013 by H Andrade    (Portugal)

LIS-FCO. In Europe this was my last flight with TAP. Once more no service on board, I saw crew denied a bottle of water to a mother with a child in arms. If I serve you, I have to serve all. This was the response from an extremely old cabin crew chief. Would have been better off flying a low-cost and benefited of a much cheaper ticket and at least could have bought something to eat and drink during the flight!

TAP Portugal customer review :  2 October 2013 by H Andrade    (Portugal)

DUS-LIS. Flight from Dusseldorf to Lisbon got cancelled but no one told me about it. This situation is standard service by TAP. Its the third time this month TAP have cancelled and changed my flights without a warning. But the worst was to come, TAP lost is sense of good service, they are turning into a cheap low-cost”airline. TAP got me on an afternoon flight to Lisbon. Suddenly they announced we have to land in Hamburg and then we would leave for Lisbon! We all couldn't believe it, now had to go back to Hamburg and then go to Lisbon. The plane to Lisbon wasn't full and when we landed in Hamburg people actually got off and new passengers got on it. So seems like we had to do the whole detour just to pick up more passengers. TAP is just a bus with wings. From Hamburg to Lisbon, no food. Once more a poor service, lack of communication and another delayed flight with TAP.

TAP Portugal customer review :  2 October 2013 by H Andrade    (Portugal)

LIS-GIG. Boarding in Lisbon was chaotic and painful, lounge full without food. Once more the flight was delayed, old and smelling A330, friendly staff but not efficient, I waited a long time for working headphones and blanket. As a frequent flyer the meal is always the same, dry and cold without any option. Entertainment system is old and poor. TAP service is going down rapidly.

TAP Portugal customer review :  30 September 2013 by Michel Perrin    (Brazil)

LIS-MRS. Embraer 145. Portugalia plane and staff. Slightly delayed. Very frequent Captain announcements. Friendly staff too.

TAP Portugal customer review :  30 September 2013 by Michel Perrin    (Brazil)

LIS-GIG. Old A330. Business class. Cabin Chief of Staff, did not even said a welcome. Staff were smiling. Main dish (veal) was greasy and unappetising. Wine list has improved. IFE unacceptable. Not on demand. And breaking constantly.

TAP Portugal customer review :  30 September 2013 by Michel Perrin    (Brazil)

ORY-LIS. A321. As a Star Alliance GOLD, I checked in at Business Class counter. Attendant was extremely arrogant. Made numerous mistakes, showed total lack of skill ( I was connecting in LIS to GIG), tagging my luggage to LIS only. I noticed. She did not apologized. 15 mn after check-in, I discovered she had not given my passport back. Indeed she had it, gave it to me, and said that I (Yes, I!) should be careful. NO apologies of course. I was the guilty one. No food on board. Water on request, in the galley - not served. Just unacceptable. Is TAP willing to through us in low cost hands?

TAP Portugal customer review :  30 September 2013 by Michel Perrin    (Brazil)

GIG-LIS. A340. Sep 19. Business Class. Refurbished and comfortable. Reasonable food. Wine list has been improved. Late on departure, earlier on arrival. Staff more friendly than usual. Captain announcements however at minimum levels.

TAP Portugal customer review :  25 September 2013 by Mike James    (UK)

My wife and I flew LGW-LIS on 14/8/13 and returned LIS-LHR on 12/9/13. We have a house in Portugal and fly this route twice a year usually with TAP. As with all the other TAP flights we have taken in the past 5 years or so departure and was on time on both legs. The aircraft's were clean, the cabin crew smart and reasonably friendly. The service provided was good. We know not to expect 4 star cuisine on European short-haul flights and the snack provided is quite acceptable. The seats and legroom are perfectly adequate. Lisbon Airport is now a joy to travel through with the recent improvements made. Contrast this with the shabby and overcrowded T1 at LHR!! The only downside is for some unknown reason the LGW-LIS flight is always parked at a remote corner of Lisbon airport necessitating a somewhat lengthy transfer by bus to the Terminal. I would always choose this airline in preference to Easyjet since once you factor in all the Easyjet 'options' there is usually not much difference in the price of the ticket.

TAP Portugal customer review :  25 September 2013 by Alfonso Gonzalez    (USA)

I traveled from Miami to Lisbon on August 30, the flight was on time and the food and service was very good. I would recommend this airline.

TAP Portugal customer review :  25 September 2013 by M Bauernfeind    (Portugal)

I am flying frequently with TAP between Vienna and Lisbon. The flights themselves are usually unspectacular, however the course on Sunday evening from VIE to LIS has a delay rate of 100% (everytime approximately an hour). In general, flying TAP from Lisbon to anywhere with TAP has become a nightmare over the summer period: Chaotic check-in in LIS with huge crowds as TAP seems to be unable to deal with the amount of passengers they have during the summer season. Latest event: My wife flew today LIS-GVA-VIE. She was informed at check-in that the flight would be delayed 35min, but that there would be no meal served to insufficient crew. She was not given a voucher or anything like that. In the end, they were unable to find any crew at all, the plane finally took off with more than 2 hours delay. Since at some point it got tight with the connecting flight, she tried to get a place on a different flight (there was a direct one to Vienna more or less at the same time) at the transfer desk in Lisbon. Staff there were very unhelpful, just telling her that they could do nothing and that she had to ask the ground staff in GVA for help, not respecting repetitive information by wife, that the flight she had to catch in GVA was the last one of the day to VIE. She only made that connecting flight thanks to the kind help of the ground staff of SWISS in GVA, who picked her up at the plane from LIS and guided her directly to the gate for VIE. In a nutshell, TAP Air Portugal should be renamed into Take Another Plane (at least if you have an alternative). I only use it, since it is the only airline offering direct flights between VIE and LIS.

TAP Portugal customer review :  18 September 2013 by Maria Lalousi    (UK)

I travelled from London to Lisbon on Friday 12 September 2013, the flight was more than an hour delayed, there was no food on the plane, we were given vouchers to get food from Heathrow food shops. There were no space between the seats even though I was sitting at the aisle. If I wanted such service, I would have booked a ticket with a low budget airline and not with TAP. On the return flight, the flight was delayed only 45 min, we were given food, but they were short of staff so when one of the cabin crew from the business class willed to help his colleagues in economy, he was told off by his other colleague and probably superior from the business class. If I was you, I would think twice before I book with TAP Portugal again.

TAP Portugal customer review :  16 September 2013 by Vander Orianna    (UK)

Disgraceful business class flight, flight 346 from FNC to LGW on 14th September. No food or drink served for entire flight, other than one small glass of water, as they were operating to "minimum safety" standards. No warning prior to boarding, so no chance to even get a sandwich and a bottle of water from the airport departure lounge. I understand that emergency staff shortages can, and do arise however this has happened on several occasions recently and seems to be something more than just a shortage of one member of cabin crew. Flight arrived from Lisbon short crewed, so the airline had several hours before the Gatwick flight departed to either arrange for another member of crew to join our flight, or to make provision for passengers to be given a voucher for food/drink before departure or at the very least to make passengers aware of the situation on check-in so they could make their own arrangements to take food/water on board. The lack of communication was disgraceful. The entire episode was very poorly handled and not what one would expect from a national carrier airline. It's really not good enough when you pay a premium to not have to travel with a "no frills" airline and get less than basic service. Passengers have a choice of airlines on the Funchal - Gatwick route and TAP would be well advised to re- think some of their policies if they do not want to lose their market share of this route.

TAP Portugal customer review :  16 September 2013 by Michael Dornan    (Portugal)

I have just travelled form Lisbon to Amsterdam and 5 minutes before boarding we were told there was no service on board. This is the second time this has happened to me on TAP. In June I flew from Zurich to Lisbon and was also told there was no service on board. I don't suppose TAP has ever heard of the word replacements so when one of the crew cannot make it then someone replaces them. TAP is the best advertisement for other airline companies. I shall do everything I can NEVER to fly TAP again. I am a frequent flier but can also get miles when I fly Lufthansa. I travel to Amsterdam every other month so I shall fly KLM. TAP has just lost another customer. I am appalled at the lack of care TAP gives to its customers.

TAP Portugal customer review :  13 September 2013 by Alessandro Iglesias    (Brazil)

Flight from Lisbon to Salvador (Brazil). We left on time, but staff was very rude, and never took care of the requests of the passengers. I asked for headphones but they took 2 hours to arrive and half an hour for a glass of water. The entertainment system was not working properly and some movies never started playing. The speakers were really bad, and we could barely hear the announcements. The seats are old and quite uncomfortable. Food was ok and we arrived on time.