TAM Airlines Customer Reviews and TAM Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

TAM Airlines customer review :  4 April 2011 by W Duits   (Netherlands)

IGU-GRU flight, check in very rude, as it was the start of a long international flight with change to international from GRU - check in lady insist to decline my luggage as hand luggage. The first ever time when this was declined as hand luggage. Snack was not tasty very dry, flight delayed, had to run to catch connection. TAM was not a pleasant flight.

TAM Airlines customer review :  28 March 2011 by Nelson Junzo   (Brazil)

SSA-GRU on A321. I define TAM a minimal company - minimal legroom, minimal onboard catering (they serve beer on internal routes) and minimal customer care by ground staff. Flight scheduled to depart from SSA at 5:17PM but took off more than 1:30 hours later due to logistics problems with crew, which in the end had to be replaced. One of the many nightmares with TAM lately. The only positive point was the fast and efficient check-in.

TAM Airlines customer review :  28 March 2011 by G Moraes   (Brazil)

GRU-MXP-GRU A340. This flight was overbooked, so after boarding we had to hear a lady who was screaming she had lost this flight the previous night, and was assigned an already-taken seat (they gave her a business class seat in the end). When we tried to buy their confort seats all have been taken, and all of them by TAM staff. Crew were not friendly, rude sometimes. Bad food in plastic material. Seat-pitch not good at all

TAM Airlines customer review :  28 March 2011 by S Koenig   (Brazil)

GRU-FOR in economy class. Normally that's the only class available on this flight. In this case, the A320 had both biz and economy. Although I had been travelling Continental Biz-First, I was, as expected, assigned an economy class seat (had never seen a two-class plane on this leg). Once we took off, I was asked if I was alone and could move, and was put in a biz class seat. Could have been due to my Continental booking or because of my Star Alliance status, but I understood it to be since the father of the mother and child next to me wanted to be with them. Food consisted of the usual small ham and cheese sandwich (no options). The two attendants spent much of their time at the very front of the plane, by the cabin door, with the curtain drawn. One dozed. As we landed, no one checked to see if people had their seat belts fastened, seats in the upright position, etc. Not the best attention to safety, but seemed par for the course.

TAM Airlines customer review :  28 March 2011 by A Hijmans   (Brazil)

CDG-GIG-SSA in economy. Transatlantic leg oldish Airbus 330 with a tatty interior, IFE system gave trouble throughout the flight. Reasonable but bland dinner and breakfast served. Domestic leg in A320; mini-breakfast and decent coffee served. Staff courteous.

TAM Airlines customer review :  25 March 2011 by W Speers   (Australia)

GRU-CWB, the final leg in a long trip from Australia. Check in at GRU after customs was easy (no queues), no issues through security and once on board, service on such a quick flight was exceptionally good. Hot snack and a beer.

TAM Airlines customer review :  15 March 2011 by Jon Tydeman   (UK)

We flew with TAM to and from Sao Paulo and found them at best mediocre. The food was alright and there was some IFE but way poorer than major airlines, and frequently had to be re-booted by staff who frankly couldn't be bothered. The crew were poor at answering call bells and didn't seem to like their jobs. Check-in queues were very long and slow and the seats were very uncomfortable. We had exit seats on the way back but had to pay extra for the privilege, and of course despite the extra leg room, you still feel cramped because they are so narrow. If I was to recommend them it would only be for the price.

TAM Airlines customer review :  7 March 2011 by Marcio Mondin   (Brazil)

CWB-GRU-FRA return in First. Lie-flat bed on B777-300 ER. Check-in flawless with special service accompanying you through security, lounge and gate. Lounge in GRU okay for First Class, in FRA is LH Senator Lounge - crowded and inadequate for F class. Service onboard attentive, food and drinks adequate (nothing special). Seat comfortable until it is laid into a bed - then the junction between seat segments creates discomfort in hip-zone. FA prepared bed with duvet and pyjamas. Deplane in GRU not okay for you are among the last in Business class to deplane and Immigration in GRU is not smooth. Flight arrived in GRU at 0400 and no transfer check-in until 0600.

TAM Airlines customer review :  6 March 2011 by N Darby   (UK)

Heathrow to Rio, then to Sao Paulo, Iguacu, Curitiba, Salvador, Rio and return to Heathrow. Several flights arrived early, delay from Curitiba appeared due to air traffic control as boarding on time. 2 hours late on return to Heathrow disappointing - little/no info at Rio, and evening catering facilities airside in Rio inadequate and horribly expensive. Overall experience good check-in, friendly crew,. Reasonable legroom, /comfort, IFE, catering on A330 apart from poor breakfast on Rio-Heathrow. Assigned seats for all flights prior to leaving UK, which worked. A320s for internal flights less legroom but fine for these shorter journeys. The short haul ham/cheese roll is best described as adequate, though we were not expecting a great culinary experience. For us, on these flights, TAM represented good value, and an experience I would recommend. When flying out of Sao Paulo and (but less so) Rio, I recommend careful watch on last minute Gate changes. Having been warned of this, at Sao Paulo 5 gate changes in about 30 mins didn't surprise us, and I suspect due to SP ground control rather than the airlines.

TAM Airlines customer review :  27 February 2011 by R Jones   (UK)

LHR-SCL via GRU in economy. LHR check at Terminal 1 the most efficient I have seen in many years of travel. Onboard the seats are not as comfortable as they should be and the entertainment system has quite a limited selection. Crew efficient and friendly. A rather depressed vegetarian dish (nothing else left) served on a poor plastic tray that slips around your fold down table was served shortly after take off - poor looking panini breakfast served before arrival. Overall the crew made this flight worthwhile and at around GBP 1000 cheaper than alternatives for this single ticket, I would be tempted to use them again.

TAM Airlines customer review :  26 February 2011 by G Chin   (UK)

Several flights within Brazil during January-February 2011. Domestic fleet seems to consist of narrow body airbuses which are at least a decade old. Ground staff very professional and helpful; cabin crew slightly less so. Free non-alcoholic drink and snack served - the snack usually consisted of an almost inedible ham roll. Attitude to onboard safety sometimes seemed a little more casual than some airlines.

TAM Airlines customer review :  26 February 2011 by S Politis   (UK)

LHR-GRU-EZE return economy class, experience was mediocre. Inflight entertainment is okay, cabin staff polite but nothing special, and seat space was a bit tight. Some of the flights were delayed up to 1hr. Overall a mediocre experience, but the ticket was cheaper than competitors - hence the choice.

TAM Airlines customer review :  22 February 2011 by R Casa   (Brazil)

Last February I tried to fly from Salvador to Lima. The flight from Salvador left on time; had a stopover in Vitoria - plane was defective and did not start for 3 hours! I missed the connection in Sao Paulo. Had to wait 5 hours for the luggage. Nobody at TAM gave any passengers any help - not to talk about a hotel voucher. I gave up and flew back to Salvador. This year in January we tried to fly to Cartagena, Colombia. Same story; the flight left so late that we got stranded (again) in Vitoria. Took 6 hours to get a voucher for an absolutely lousy hotel. On the flight back from Cartagena, the connection was a bit tight, but so far OK. When we arrived at the TAM check in counter one hour before the start,; TAM personnel was cleaning up and leaving. Refused to check us in, said, we were 1 minute late. Refused also to book us for the next day. They asked us to come the next day 4 hours before the start, what we did. They had us wait 3 hours at the counter until they finally gave us 2 coach seats (we had paid business) - then they told us to rush to the gate. When we arrived there; the plane was 1 hour delayed and there were at least 30 empty seats in the plane! In the internet they present their business class with fantastic seats etc. In reality, the business class seats that they offer on the 6 hr trip to Bogota are lousy, narrow and do even not have a feet rest.

TAM Airlines customer review :  22 February 2011 by S Koenig   (Brazil)

FOR-GRU. Efficient flight, adequate if limited seating space, and the now-common tiny ham and cheese sandwich (at least it and drinks were free). Crew was efficient enough until we landed, but then things sort of fell apart. When the plane briefly stopped taxiing, still far from the gate, many people stood up to get their bags to get in line and be among the first to disembark. When the plane continued moving, with many people still standing in the aisle, crew did nothing. Did not even make an announcement over the public address system. When we disembarked, to busses to go to our gate, airline personnel disappeared for a while. People continued to push onto the first bus in line. All in all, an appalling inattentiveness to safety.

TAM Airlines customer review :  16 February 2011 by F Kaufmann   (Brazil)

Staff in GRU airport very arrogant and rude. I had to wait 30 minutes on check in. I had bought the tickets with assigned seats in the internet but somehow I was given other seats. As a Star Gold I went to the business class lounge with is located in the terminal 1 - the check in is in the terminal 2 of course nobody tells you that. Lounge crowded and very simple. Inflight meal is a joke, just a sandwich. IFE with just a few movies and old ones at that. How come Star Alliance let them in?

TAM Airlines customer review :  6 February 2011 by Ramesh Thadani   (Brazil)

Extremely disorganized in check-in, and boarding. I made a web-check-in with a connection, and printed my boarding pass at home. The first flight worked perfectly well, the second, I boarded normally, and on the plane, my seat had been booked to another passenger. The staff took more than 20 minutes to sort out another seat, which included referring me to a seat already taken, with the passenger in the bathroom. And some of the staff on board did not even know that the airline had web-check-in with home-printed boarding passes, doubting the validity of my boarding pass. Seats are very cramped. Ground staff do not have a pro-active and helpful attitude. If you have a problem, they tell you to sort it out yourself, and if they have a problem, they'll try and put the blame on you. Bad experiences. If you have a choice, avoid.

TAM Airlines customer review :  31 January 2011 by I da Silva   (France)

Sao Paolo-Fortaleza-Porto Alegre, and refused to fly them on two more sectors. Chose GOL instead. Staff on the ground are indifferent, and hardly speak English. One bag did not arrive and I had to wait for two hours before I got assistance. Inflight service is a disgrace. We decided to fly Gol, an airline that reflected the true spirit of Brazilian hospitality. Good seats, friendly crew fluent in languages. Tam, never again, not even for free.

TAM Airlines customer review :  28 January 2011 by R Bacas   (Netherlands)

Sao Paulo International airport it was hard to find english speaking staff. Sao Paulo - Manaus more than 3 hrs flight, told we get a hot meal - it was a tasteless sandwich. The entire business class was crowded with staff, they were still having drinks during and after landing. Very arrogant attitude. Manaus- Belem: flight was canceled. We had to queue for almost 90 minutes. No english speaking staff, and three different versions were given why the flight was canceled. Belem- Fortaleza birds in the engine during stopover in Sao Luis : No english explanation. Despite having Germans, Italians and French passengers. It took us almost 4 hours to leave the airport. Hotel was a disgrace. Had to wait for two hours before meals were served. Some meals were not available. Fortaleza - Salvador I asked the steward why the pilot doesn't make announcements in English : I am sorry sir, the captain is Japanese, maybe he doesn't speak English. How did TAM enter Star Alliance?

TAM Airlines customer review :  26 January 2011 by P Thompson   (UK)

Sao Paulo GRU to London LHR Economy, B777-300. There were a few films I would like to have watched but the audio in my seat 45G wasn't working. The crew said it was a fault with the aircraft and nothing could be done. Two hours into the flight the water systems in the toilets failed so the crew provided bottled water - but one toilet was completely out of action which caused huge queues down the aisles. The crew on this flight were cheerful but I will not fly TAM international by choice again.

TAM Airlines customer review :  25 January 2011 by L Rieser   (Austria)

GRU-NAT REC-GIG and GRU-CDG. Onboard experience so-so on domestic flights, meal OK, crew serving two rounds of drinks at 3hrs flight time, completely unsmiling, rude to passengers - they hate their jobs and make you feel it. On the longhaul fake smiles but rushed service, then crew disappear to the galleys. Extremely disorderly cabin, passengers disputing over reclined seats (as others have posted, they do recline right up to your nose), throwing trash everywhere, safety rules (such as open shades for landing) ignored - crew absent or indifferent. Flights not more than one hour delayed. Ground handling OK when you have Star gold as practically no lines, but staff indifferent and unsmiling (one exception at domestic baggage drop GRU to be fair), do not bother to ask if assigned seats are ok, forgot priority tag to on GRU-CDG leg - they want you out of the way quickly and make you feel it. Worst part is customer service : I tried to credit mileage for the long haul on TAM FF, did not work, online form it states I need to fax a copy of the boarding pass to Brazil as check in was done "with another airline" (checked in at GRU for a TAM flight on TAM metal). Also, and worse, I have been trying to get refunds for the tickets of one member of our party that chose not to travel since November, no answer and when you call there is always some one else responsible - they do not care about you and make you feel it. All in all a horrible mess of an airline, possibly acceptable for domestic flights without connections if fares are cheap. For longhaul never again.

TAM Airlines customer review :  17 January 2011 by Hiromi Saito   (Uruguay)

ASU-EZE in A320. The seats were narrow, poor legroom. Entertainment was Ok, magazines and Headphones with good music. The cabin crew service was good, always with a smile. Food service was good for a 2 hour flight, with a snack and drinks.

TAM Airlines customer review :  14 January 2011 by Carlos Motta   (Brazil)

GRU-LHR-GRU B777-300ER. I wouldn't recommend flying international with TAM. Me and my wife we had an awful experience during the 13 hours flying to LHR. The seats were narrow and thin. The seat ahead of us were almost in our noses when reclined. We couldn't sleep nor rest for the entire trip. The food were not so bad, cabin crew were OK.

TAM Airlines customer review :  11 January 2011 by Dave Coombs   (UK)

LHR-GRU-LHR and what an experience. Only advice to others who already have a ticket, or no option but to fly with TAM is take a large packed lunch including drinks with you, take as much personal entertainment stuff as you can, do not expect to make any connecting flights, learn Portuguese before you go, if you have rugby scrum experience this may prove useful. I was delayed by 17 hours so maybe I'm a bit jaded. Would I fly with them again? Never in a million years.

TAM Airlines customer review :  7 January 2011 by P Thompson   (UK)

FRA-GRU-FLN. I had chosen seats via the TAM call centre in advance and they showed on my booking online but for some reason on check-in the system had allocated totally different seats which irritated me. Boarding in Frankfurt for GRU was chaotic with different groups being called at the same time. Seats onboard have a footrest which folds up meaning if raised it sticks into my shins but when dropped it is too high for me to put my feet on. Departed on time and soon dinner was served. No menu choice - a small salad, a roll and a small pasta box. Not really enough for 12 hours. One drink was served then rubbish cleared away, lights dimmed for the night and the crew vanished. It was only about 10.30 European time. The only drinks available were glasses of bottled water so if you fancied a nightcap or something else it was hard luck. AVOD is average but there was enough to keep me entertained. Breakfast was a reconstituted ham and gouda panini with some fruit and a tiny polystyrene cup of coffee. Horrible. Swift transfers at GRU with an uneventful flight to Florianopolis on a modern and clean 320. In future I will not fly TAM to Brasil, I will opt for one of the European carriers as TAM is now too basic when I can pay a similar amount and have a much better journey with another airline.

TAM Airlines customer review :  21 December 2010 by H Kariyawasam   (UK)

LHR-GRU-EZE-LHR. Polite and efficient ground handling. New B777 with AVOD. Hard working, helpful crew who seem to enjoy the job. Food standard airline and small quantity. On time flights and easy transfers at GRU.

TAM Airlines customer review :  20 December 2010 by Grace Penabad   (USA)

Six passengers from New York to Brazil to Buenos Aires. Terrible experience. Return flight cancelled less than one week before we left the United States, with no notice from the airline. The only reason we knew about the cancellation was because we were checking the reservation on-line. Cancellation caused our trip to be cut short by one full day. On the outbound flight there was a 3 hour delay - not weather related - that caused us to miss our connection. Had to spend the night at the airport. Lost another day of our trip. Customer service could not be worse. Desperation is the only reason one should fly this airline. Never again.

TAM Airlines customer review :  19 December 2010 by S Koenig   (Brazil)

FOR-GIG return. Seating and food about par for a domestic flight in the US, though we did get small snacks and a tiny, non-descript sandwich. Customer service reps at GIG did work hard to correct a dropped reservation caused by the other airline (US Airways). I'd rate TAM about equal to Gol. All about equally overpriced.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7