TACA Passenger Reviews and TACA Customer Trip Reports

TACA 3-Star Airline Ranking

TACA Passenger Trip Reviews

TACA Aircraft Seat Plans

TACA Economy class seat reviews

TACA customer review :  5 July 2012 by D Irwin   (USA)

SFO-San Salvador-Roatan. I was worried about flying TACA after some of the reviews of people losing their seats and other complications but both ways, our flights were complication free. Check-in went smoothly with no lines, our flights and connections were on time and there was never a question of our seat assignments - a good thing flying with 4 kids. I might have given the plane higher marks in the comfort, entertainment and food categories if I hadn't just flown Air New Zealand which sets the bar pretty high. That said, with the exception of JetBlue, TACA is a much better value and flight experience than any of the US carriers. I would definitely fly them again should we find ourselves vacationing in Central America again.

TACA customer review :  18 June 2012 by J Brook   (USA)

Miami-Lima-Cusco return. With one exception (below) the planes were on time, clean, and comfortable. Staff provided pleasant excellent service including small hot meals. Service and timeliness ahead of major US airlines. The first leg of my return trip was delayed but Cusco staff hustled us onto a LAN flight that fully maintained our connections. Lima staff provided timely special assistance for me as well.

TACA customer review :  1 May 2012 by Hector Leiva   (El Salvador)

I am a silver LifeMiles member. I fly Taca 2-3 times per month and usually have no problems. On my last flight from Santa Cruz, Bolivia to Lima I experienced less than stellar service from the ground crew at VVI. Flight departs at 7.00 am. I arrived at the Taca counter at 4.45 am. Within minutes, the line grew to about 60-75 people and agents were nowhere to be found. We waited and waited, finally, at 5.45 am, agents showed up and started checking people in. We waited a whole hour before we saw anybody from Taca. The rest of the trip, all the way to San Salvador was uneventful and on time.

TACA customer review :  28 April 2012 by D Hufford   (USA)

IAD-SAL-SJO round trip. Online booking could not be completed due to glitches, but was called by an agent promptly to complete the process. Flights and services were excellent: all flights on time, friendly and helpful employees at airports and onboard, decent food, good IFE and free drinks. New, comfortable Airbus. SAL is a very easy airport for connections. Overall a very good value, easily beating all my recent experiences on US carriers.

TACA customer review :  24 April 2012 by J Pugah   (Mexico)

I had layover flight in Costa Rica to Mexico City. Flight arrived 15 mins late, I was not supposed to change planes as informed. No information provided in cabin about connecting flights. On landing they announced the gates for connections but never mentioned anything about those continuing to Mexico. Seated towards back of plane but I noticed everyone was exiting. I ask one of the flight attendants and was informed, as far as they knew, the plane was not re-boarding so was directed to the TACA counter. Informed I had a connecting flight leaving from another gate at other side of terminal, told the flight was full and I can no longer board. Told I had to buy a new ticket to fly the next day. I tried to reason with her and finally issued a new ticket for next day, same time, same flight. No compensation for meals, transportation or lodging.

TACA customer review :  10 March 2012 by Walter Guyer   (South Africa)

Very impressed, flew IAE to SAL and BOG during March. New planes, friendly and smiling staff, flights on time, a nice change to US airlines and their flight attendants!

TACA customer review :  15 February 2012 by J Bacallado   (Spain)

Several flights from/to Central America-Miami during January. All flights on time. Fast check-in service, nice and new airplanes. Usually you have personal IFE, with personal choice of movies, TV. Always a snack served with a smile.

TACA customer review :  4 January 2012 by K Matthews   (Australia)

Lima to Cusco on the 24th of December. My wife and I were meant to fly on the 23rd, but after waiting 3 hours on the Tarmac, we were returned to the terminal with little explanation. An hour later, we were re- boarding the aircraft, once onboard everyone was once again returned to the gate. After another 2 hours, the flight was cancelled. No hotel or meals offered, causing a plane load of people to find their own solution. The next flight they put us on was 7.40am - a very early wake up without a shuttle bus or organized hotel. On the return leg, we turned up at the airport 2hr 30mins before the flight, at check-in, we were informed the flight would leave 3 hours later than expected and they contacted us via email and phone. This is untrue. Now we have a 5 hour wait in the airport thanks again to TACA. Not recommended.

TACA customer review :  28 December 2011 by R Witt   (USA)

LAX-SAL-LIM-EZE, return EZE-LIM-SJO-LAX. Executive class comparable to US domestic First (2x2 seats, no in-seat entertainment). is limited, and a few inches give and take depending on newness of a/c. Attentive FAs necessaire, thin pillow & blanket provided on overnight segments. Open bar in LIM lounge, just one drink on the house in SJO. Security check in LIM in between int'l segments, very long line, no biz priority. Priority baggage first out on carousel at end of each segment.

TACA customer review :  23 December 2011 by Robert White   (USA)

Lima to Miami. Paid for a Business class ticket and had connecting flights in Miami. TACA delayed the flight twice and then switched all passengers to different airlines a few hours later. Refused to honor my Business class ticket and put me in economy class. Called TACA after the flight and after many calls they said "there's nothing we can do, you already took the flight and we can't issue you a refund." In other words, I paid twice the normal price to fly economy on a different airline and had to spend hours with TACA's horrible customer department.

TACA customer review :  22 December 2011 by Gordon Pollard   (Australia)

Rio to Lima then to San Salvador and finally on to LAX for a transpacific flight to Australia. At all times the flights were on time, planes were new and seats the most comfortable we have experienced in economy including the flight with Virgin Australia across the Pacific. Well designed seat support helps in long distance travel and leg room was excellent.

TACA customer review :  30 November 2011 by L Shane   (Canada)

Toronto to SJO return. Hot meals on each flight even the one hour flight to and from San Salvador, free drinks, great cabin crew, more leg room than US airlines. Clean aircraft, flight on time with no problems, pre- booked seats were honoured and plane change in El Salvador quick and easy. Connections from Canada much better than any other airline getting to SJO just after 4pm rather than after 8pm. All in all a great experience.

TACA customer review :  30 November 2011 by F Yu   (USA)

My friends and I booked flights to Cancun in May for our trip in November. On our return, we arrived 2.5 hrs early to the airport and was told only one person had a confirmed seat, while the rest of us (11) no longer had a return flight. They proceeded to tell us that they could only put us as standby on next night's flight to SFO. In our group of 12, one of us was able to catch the return flight to SFO, 4 of us took the first flight to LAX (to rent a car), and the remaining 7 are currently still in Mexico. In addition to this mess, I found the TACA representatives were incompetent, inattentive, and extremely unprofessional. They were not able to give us options on how they could help us return home and they did not offer explanations. The possibility of being indefinitely stranded in another country was not the highlight of my trip.

TACA customer review :  22 November 2011 by B Helper   (USA)

My wife and I flew 3 legs on TACA, Santiago to LAX. Each crew was great, the flights were comfortable and on time, planes clean, and the business class food was decent. At the beginning of our trip, we flew a highly rated domestic airline, but found TACA to be superior.

1 2 3 4