TACA Passenger Reviews and TACA Customer Trip Reports

TACA 3-Star Airline Ranking

TACA Passenger Trip Reviews

TACA Aircraft Seat Plans

TACA Economy class seat reviews

TACA Customer review :  5 April 2013 by Edward Ringle    (USA)

I asked for a Baileys before takeoff and was told that due to their new policy, I would be served after the plane was airborne. I waited 40 minutes after takeoff and was ignored. Only after normal beverage service was I given my drink. I have been a TACA Diamond member for several years, why? I recently bought promo- tickets on TACA and though I travel over 14 flights to Central America from the US yearly I will proudly lose my Diamond status this year, but save over $3000 that I would have normally spend to maintain my Diamond status. I look forward to using Delta Airlines new direct service between LA and Costa Rica.

TACA Customer review :  3 April 2013 by Marcos Parada    (USA)

I flew Los Angeles-El Salvador. Though it was June and pretty busy because of travelers going out for summer vacation, the lines moved fast and efficiently. Aircraft was a clean and new Airbus A321. Cabin crew were friendly and helpful. The entertainment was also good since this was the new AVOD system instead of the traditional overhead entertainment, though some planes still use this. Food was okay, French toast with strawberry preserves I think. Landed 15 minutes early instead of the scheduled 7.30 am arrival time.

TACA Customer review :  26 February 2013 by E Moore    (Canada)

Impressed with the cabin crew but not impressed with their flight operations . They need to work on their on timings - flight is late. We should have been sitting on the plane in San Salvador but the plane is late getting in from Toronto. Operations in Toronto need to be worked on. When we came down to Costa Rica we were delayed because of mechanical issues that got the flight cancelled until the next day. The next morning chaos ensued at the desk as my husband and I were put on different flights to San Jose. It did get resolved but only after some screaming and making a lot of noise about it.

TACA Customer review :  18 February 2013 by A Martinez    (USA)

I fly with them once a month SFO-SAL and back for work reasons. The times I used to fly in coach were alright. Flight attendants are dedicated to their job but only when they serve food, at the beginning and end of each flight. Sometimes throughout the flight they don't come around that much. But business is a whole different thing. They are constantly asking if you need anything, bringing you food and drinks. Flights are on time, always. For an airline of it's range I think it's more than excellent. Of course, it can't be compared to Emirates or Virgin America.

TACA Customer review :  14 February 2013 by Kevin Robertson    (Canada)

Our experience started with a flight out of Toronto that was delayed (with little to no communication from employees as to the reason for the delay). When everyone finally boarded we sat onboard for 1.5 hrs. They then required that we all deplane for 2 hours while they investigated further. After this they finally cancelled the flight. They did put us up in a hotel overnight, but our luggage was left on the plane. Told the flight would be rescheduled for 8am the next day. When we arrived at the airport at around 6am, we stood in line waiting for them to reissue our boarding passes - waited for 30 mins with little to no movement in the line. We finally flew out at around 10am. We finally arrive in Costa Rica only to be one of several on the original flight whose luggage did not make it on the flight. After wasting more hours filling out forms, we were told that our luggage would be delivered to us at our hotel the next day at 7am. It's 1.25pm and it still hasn't arrived.

TACA Customer review :  29 January 2013 by Andre Franca    (Brazil)

SJO-PTY in business class. Returning to report on my latest flight with Taca, this time less impressed with the service on one of its main hub, SJO. After staff took my Brazilian passport, she started to talk to me very slowly, after telling her I spoke fluent Spanish she made odd comments as how she was surprised to see a Brazilian speaking other language than Portuguese. When I asked for a plastic bag to protect my bag which was no problem in San Salvador, the same lady said she had run out, I asked her colleague who told me she was not going to do it herself, so I had to jump over the scales and put the plastic bag on my luggage myself. On board, the service was once again good, happy and polite staff, had a chicken salad with beverages, short flight though, I can not blame the whole airline for one or two staff members attitude but will think twice when booking a flight in Central America.

TACA Customer review :  28 January 2013 by Heidi Machel    (Canada)

My flight from Toronto to Costa Rica was delayed departing due to a long queue to be de-iced after a pretty major snow storm. I, along with 39 others found myself stranded in El Salvador having missed my connecting flight. The TACA ground staff were great - after getting us all rebooked onto a morning flight, we were bussed to a great hotel, fed 2 meals, offered free international calls and taken back to the airport well rested and ready for that last 1 hour leg of travel the next morning. I was so impressed with their customer service.

TACA Customer review :  10 January 2013 by Lowell Britain    (USA)

Flew round trip from San Francisco to San Jose, Costa Rica. Had to change planes at San Salvador. Flights left and arrived on time or a little early. Friendly flight attendants. The food was good compared to what you get on U.S. airlines.

TACA Customer review :  9 January 2013 by Andre Franca    (Brazil)

SAL-SJO. Surprised with the service, even standing in the business class line the check-in took a while, but staff are warm and helpful, boarding and flight on time. Served welcome drinks, fruits and salad as breakfast, there are PTVs with some movies. Their price was cheaper than their main competitor, and I was surprised that departure tax was included. Will fly them again in a few weeks.

TACA Customer review :  2 January 2013 by Ermano Monari    (Italy)

This morning the flight Cusco-Lima was more than one hour late. I missed my plane to Quito (by 5 minutes). They, of course knew our flight was late, but the plane took off without us. Now I have to wait 12 hours, arrive at Quito airport at 1 am and lose my trip to south Ecuador.

TACA Customer review :  30 December 2012 by J Eagleson    (USA)

Appalling customer service. I am a Star Alliance gold card frequent flier and had a flight booked from Belize City to San Salvador and then from San Salvador to JFK on 26 Dec 2012. When I checked in at Belize City I didn't look at my onward boarding pass just the pass for the first flight. When I got to San Salvador I discovered that the San Salvador-JFK flight had been changed from 3.10pm departure to 9.00pm departure. The check-in agent at Belize City did not mention the change although it was shown on the boarding pass so was known to her. There was a United flight leaving for Houston at around the same time which I would have asked to be moved to if I had realised that the TACA flight had a 6 hour delay. At San Salvador airport there was only one person working on the TACA customer service counter (3 empty slots) which resulted in standing in line for 30 minutes by which time the only other possible flight that I could have moved to that could have provided a connection to get me to JFK at a reasonable time had closed. I am now sitting in the lounge in San Salvador airport with 4 hours to go until boarding and a flight that if it really goes at the time given will get me to JFK at around 2am. There is one newspaper in the lounge that is in Spanish, virtually no food and at the other end I will have to pay for a taxi because it will be too late to use the subway. All in all a very unpleasant experience.

TACA Customer review :  18 December 2012 by S Baxter    (UK)

Lima - Cuzco - Puerto Maldonado - Lima. All flights on time. Comfortable seats. Good snacks and drink selection on board.

TACA Customer review :  27 November 2012 by Jean Louis Vergaert    (UK)

Buenos Aires to Lima return, economy: nothing to really complain about, everything average, neither excellent nor bad (state of plane, boarding organization, seats pitch, food, drinks including a good rum, attendants). The huge complaint I have is about the check-in in Lima: we arrived with our check-in boarding pass pre-printed, we were led to the queue which did not move at all. They only had 2 counters open, and it took us 40 minutes to complete the queue. A few of us complained, falling on deaf ears. 40 minutes waiting at check-in, 30 minutes for security and 30 more minutes for immigration - not a pleasant experience.

TACA Customer review :  21 November 2012 by T Smith    (USA)

Second leg on GRU-LIM-SAL-LAX itinerary. Service level differs slightly between TACA subsids. TACA Int'l tries to add upscale touch, but fails in the execution: "hot" towels are only hot in spots when they come mostly dry, food presentation out of LIM terrible. Class Ejecutiva like U.S. domestic First, 2x2 seating with some recline, no individual IFE. Plane interior old, leather seats worn and hard from use. FA on this leg one of the hardest working I've had. TACA's contract lounge at LIM terrible, its facilities vile; public restrooms were cleaner.

TACA Customer review :  21 November 2012 by T Smith    (USA)

Final leg on GRU-LIM-SAL-LAX itinerary. Execution better than last legs, most polished product, good food. SFA had a floral arrangement going in First Class restroom, with little hand written note to help keep 'her' room tidy. Smart. It worked. Forgot that connect flights into the U.S. require full re-screening; got caught with some duty free liquid. To my surprise, screeners arranged for me to get my luggage gate-checked on last call, and even affixed a hand written note "Fragile".

TACA Customer review :  23 October 2012 by K Cronin    (Australia)

TACA are helpful and accommodating. When our flight was delayed in transit due to poor weather, they bussed passengers to a hotel to get some sleep. When I got so muddled to lose our passports that we missed our flight, they organised another flight for us.

TACA customer review :  17 September 2012 by M Bernhard   (USA)

Flights delayed, connections were missed, and my luggage did not arrive at my destination (leaving and returning). I didn't have my luggage for the first 5 days of my vacation, and now I am home and waiting for my luggage.

TACA customer review :  5 September 2012 by P Prasad   (USA)

We flew direct to San Jose from JFK on 8/1/12, the flight was great, it did take a while getting used to announcements made only in Spanish at times. However, our flight back wasn't quite as great, we usually ask for pillows and blankets at the beginning of our flight, but on our 8/10/12 flight back from SJO to JFK there were none available. The plane was also nowhere close to the pictures they have on their website. The food was mediocre on both flights.

TACA customer review :  4 September 2012 by Davide Greco   (Italy)

I flew 4 legs with them during August (LIM-VVI-LIM-GYE-LIM) and it was my first experience with this carrier. All flights (except the first one, LIM-VVI) left slightly late but arrived at destination on schedule. They use A320 and A319 on these routes: planes are not brand new but well maintained and reasonably comfortable, row 4 is just after business class with plenty of leg room. Generally speaking crew members were friendly but some a little grumpy. Ground services okay, did not stay in the queue for long as I checked in online so the processes was smooth and fast. The price I paid was rather high (USD 1.400) but there were no other options for the dates and destinations I needed. Food / drinks very basic, but all flights were less than 2 hours long so kind of normal.

TACA customer review :  29 August 2012 by Hugo Mora   (Guatemala)

On Tuesday, June 26th., flight TA511 from Guatemala to El Salvador. Business Class. We deplaned on the tarmac and were shuttled to the terminal in small cramped buses which was an inconvenience for everyone involved, specially for the elderly, women with children for we all had to deal with our hand luggage. That same morning, Flight TA582 from El Salvador to Washington, DC, the lavatory in Business Class was out of order which is totally unacceptable in a long flight with full occupancy. On 24 July, 2012, Flight 581 from Washington, DC to El Salvador, the tray table on my wife's side was not working properly for it slid from its resting place and a glass of juice fell to the floor splashing the surrounding area. It is my observation that the planes used in both flights are old and not getting the proper maintenance required which leads to the inconvenience of paying Business Class customers since both episodes were in Business Class. The on board service was very much up to standards.

TACA customer review :  14 August 2012 by Roberto Alas   (USA)

TACA is very irresponsible, the flight was cancelled yesterday in Chicago leaving more than 50 passengers without a flight until today. We are travelling Monday night and incurred extra expenses due to the irresponsibility of TACA. Our tickets were more expensive than American Airlines but I purchased the ticket for my wife that has used this airline before. I am very angry and disappointed about this and the rest of the group that we had to stay in Chicago.

TACA customer review :  23 July 2012 by Andy Esposito   (USA)

Round trip from Miami to Asuncion, Paraguay (plane change in Lima, Peru) and return in May. Good pricing and schedules. No problems at check-ins. Comfortable planes. Landed early on every flight segment. Decent food. Seats were not cramped, Nice flight attendants. I prefer the A320 and A319 to the wide bodies. Less people, less congestion, easier to get on and off the plane.

TACA customer review :  9 July 2012 by C Plethora   (USA)

SFO-SAL. Check-in line was long and slow, but we were able to move to another line, because we had printed our boarding passes at home. Food was better than average (no dinner, but a breakfast sandwich); seats were comfortably wide, with good legroom, slept most of the flight. SAL-Roatan. Smooth connection and on- time departure/arrival. Roatan-SAL. After check-in, they cancelled our flight (due to mechanical problems) and put us up at the La Sirena resort for the night. We flew out the next morning on a flight, which had been brought in for us. 7 hour layover at SAL, but they allowed us into the VIP lounge, which made things more bearable. SAL-SFO departed/arrived on time. Food was better than average (dinner and a sandwich before landing); seats were comfortably wide, with good legroom, although we were in the row just in front of wing exit row and could not recline. I noticed that they were departing two flights to SFO, within a few minutes of one another, so I suspect our 'mechanical' problems on the previous day, was more an attempt to fill these two flights.

1 2 3 4