Swiss International Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  19 August 2013 by Enrique Simeone    (Belgium)

BRU-ZRH-LUG-ZRH-BRU. All 4 legs in Avro and Saab planes, from different Swiss codeshare airlines - C class - I am delighted to fly Swiss. Good check in - vile lounge in BRU though, using SN Star alliance which has become a joke and always packed. Once on board it is good, even for small equipment and short flights, they are probably the best. Have never tried them in Y class must admit. Zurich airport in a breeze. Will recommend and fly them again. In fact flying 1st class intercontinental in a couple of weeks.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  19 August 2013 by Viktor Frkal    (Czech Republic)

Prague-Palma De Mallorca via Zurich. Another excellent experience onboard Swiss. Flights perfectly on time, luggage arrived immediately. Service very personalized and always with smiles. Nice snacks although limited, complete drinks menu including Champagne (Heidsieck Monopole on the PRG-ZUR leg). Value is unbelievable, price was nearly the same as return Economy flight on a charter. Will always use Swiss in the future and can highly recommend.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  16 August 2013 by C Dappiaggi    (Italy)

MXP-ZRH-JFK and return. Excellent service, with rather good meals. All flights were punctual and the A330 from Zuerich to New York had very comfortable seats. Flight attendants were simply amazing, very attentive and skilled in different languages. I would not hesitate to fly with them again. The only negative point is the IFE system with very few choices.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  15 August 2013 by Kotenev Vlad    (USA)

Barcelona to Zurich on August 9, 2013. Check in was not easy and not quick. Agent was very busy chatting with other agents. Agent forgot to assign a seat for me during check in procedure. I entered into a plane without a seat. Later they figured out and wrote a seat number on my boarding pass at last minute. Flight supposed to depart at 6.30am but took off at 6.45am. For breakfast they served: Coca Cola and a puffy muffin. No croissants, no yoghurt, no oatmeal, no omelette, and no appropriate breakfast meal.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Bosco Lui    (Hong Kong)

Travelled round trip SIN-ZRH-GVA. All flights on time, even though the connection flight is very tight we made it without any fuss. The plane is a little dated - would be better if the fleet is upgraded. Food is fair - I can't complain much since I'm at Economy - but they're better than quite a few. Service is good - not great but very adequate.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Stuart Reay    (Australia)

Flew in July and August on various Swiss flights - mostly in business. LAX-ZRH and ZRH-SIN were both fantastic on A340. The flat bed is 2 metres long as very comfortable when flat and in seating position. Staff were very good and nothing was too much trouble. It would be helpful if there were 2 pillows per person as when flat the 1 small pillow isn't sufficient to get comfortable enough. not a problem when flight isn't full but when it is none spare. Also flew GVA - Athens and Athens - Zurich in business. Typical short haul flights but very comfortable in business and excellent food and service. Lounges also great in LA Geneva Zurich and Athens. For the price charged Swiss is an amazing option. Also flew 1 leg Nice - Geneva in economy and couldn't fault anything.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  7 August 2013 by G White    (Switzerland)

In the last year I have travelled SWISS about half a dozen times, of which over 50% of these experiences have led to severe delay, cancellation or worse. I have been re-routed to Zurich from Geneva due to a cancelled flight, put in a hotel and flown the next morning. I have been driven across London from London City to Heathrow due to a cancelled flight arriving in my destination many hours after I was meant to. Tuesday (23 July), we had engine trouble mid-air on a flight from Geneva to London City and I was re-routed to Paris CDG, put in a hotel and flown the next morning. The handling of the situation on Tuesday by the ground handling agent was chaotic, with only 2 staff on duty to manage 100 passengers. It took several hours to resolve. Following this incident, on the return leg, the SWISS passenger system claimed I hadn't taken my outward leg so ground handlers tried to remove me from the return flight. 45 minutes to resolve. In the end, the flight on 28th July (1935, LCY-GVA) was also cancelled. I had to stay in London until Tuesday 30th July for the next available flight out of LCY.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  5 August 2013 by Linhares Heloisa    (Brazil)

Flew business from Sao Paulo to Zurich - Sao Paulo. Seats are ok, but service was not as good as expected. Staff are not friendly and food is ordinary.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  30 July 2013 by J Chua    (Singapore)

Flew Singapore to Venice and Rome to Singapore, all via Zurich, by Swiss International after a lapse of 6 years. On first look, the new fully flat Business class seats (5D & 5G) were too small and narrow, and there is a serious lack of storage spaces. Lowered seat to the lowest possible level but did not sleep well as any food trolley movement or turbulence could be clearly felt since bed was close to the floor. So on the return journey, I lowered the bed close to but NOT to the lowest level, and slept much better. Service was generally good although food variety and quality cannot be compared to SQ Biz class. But then we got the Swiss Biz class tickets during their promo period, and thus we are not complaining. Lounge in Zurich was huge with good food and shower facilities and luggage arrived from Rome to Singapore via Zurich with no incidence, overall, a great airline!

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Colin Pay    (UK)

LHR-ZRH return on A320. Both flights on time. Leg room good. Sandwich and drinks out, ice cream and beer on return and a Swiss chocolate.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  23 July 2013 by Jess La Bella    (USA)

July 2, 2013. Marco Polo to Zurich and Zurich to London Heathrow. I will fly Swiss whenever I can. Check in is efficient and courteous. I had to check extra baggage on return flight and they were very helpful and the cost was minimal. The cabin is clean and spacious with room for my legs to actually stretch out and the person next to me was not sitting on top of me. The food is amazing and the hostesses are very friendly and conscientious. I flew Venice to Zurich and Zurich to London, both flights were top notch. The inflight tourism video is good. The take off and landings were smooth. I would recommend.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  22 July 2013 by A Bogojevic    (Australia)

Zurich-Singapore. A long 14 hour flight so during those long hours I expected only the best service. I arrived to my seat and realized I did not have a TV in-front of me. Not only that but my seat was broken. It would move as I leaned back and fourth. My TV was located on the seat to my right which meant for those 14 hours I had to lean to the side while watching a movie. I called the flight attendant over before take off and showed her the problems and asked what can be done. She said there was nothing wrong with the location of my TV and would not look at my broken seat. She just walked off and told me she would be back soon - never came back. When we first got on the plane there was no air con for at least 40 minutes. Everyone was using magazines to cool themselves down. I suggest in the future to not choose this airline. Service is very poor.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  19 July 2013 by Claire-Lise Jaquier    (Switzerland)

Problems can happen, it is just the way they are solved that makes a difference. Booked on a Nice - Geneva flight, July 15th - departure at 3pm. Flight delayed more than 2 hours and no information no Swiss representative available at the airport. At check in time, no info. re. delay. Right until "original boarding time" - no mention of gate number or delay. Eventually, a sms alert informed my colleague of a 1.5 hour delay - while speakers eventually indicated a 45 minutes delay at 3.20pm. Service that should have been available at Nice airport was a Swiss representative - there was none.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  19 July 2013 by B Bonelli    (Switzerland)

Flights from ZRH-NCE and return. Very good service, with a nice meal and a wide variety of drinks. Both flights on time and baggage service efficient after one of my hold bags got forgotten in Zurich. Immediate delivery at home 5 hours later as it arrived with the following flight. Flight attendants attentive, skilled in different languages and willing to help you. I highly recommend.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  18 July 2013 by Thomas Eriksson    (Sweden)

The Swiss First is truly a very good product. I flew ARN-ZRH-EWR with the first leg in Business. Spent 3 hours in the excellent First Class lounge before boarding. The boarding process was smooth. I was offered a snack and a glass of Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle. The seat is very comfortable with a completely 180 degree recline and up to 2 m length. Shortly after take-off I was offered a 3 course meal with caviar, scallops, salmon and chicken. Stags Leap Artemis was the best choice of wine on the list along with the Santa Barbara Chardonnay. Went to sleep after the meal and slept for almost 3 hours. A very nice feature is the small cube lamp that provides a very comfortable light. Landed on time in Newark and immigration was empty. Was in the limo in 25 min after landing.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  18 July 2013 by Klaus Hudelist    (Austria)

ZRH-JNB Business class cabin of A340 already a bit old, but clean and ok. Seat comfortable. Service and crew excellent, very professional and consistent. Quality of food not so good, much better is Austrians Do&Co or Emirates. Quality of wine excellent though. Inflight entertainment system ok. Would recommend Swiss.