Swiss International Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Customer Trip Reports

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Colin Dahl    (Norway)

OSL-ZRH-BOS in First. I flew OSL-ZRH in Business, food just ok, service great, seating ok. Arrived in Zurich, went to the First lounge. Open and clean, with good choices of food and drinks. But not stunning in any way. But they had a restaurant there with pretty good options and wine, also a big liquor trolley. After some hours me and four more passengers where driven to terminal E for boarding in a Caravelle mini van. Upon boarding I was greeted by the Captain and the Maitre de Cabin and two other very nice FA`s. The cabin feels opulent but not bling like EK. Food was the best I have had in the air, wine list good but not the best. Service was very good, but I prefer BA. 4/8 in F so we all got window seats. This was a day flight but still I wanted to sleep a couple of hours. They made my bed beside me so I could go to sleep when I felt like it. All in all a great experience.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  29 January 2014 by C Francq    (Austria)

I have flown more than 10 times with Swiss in the past year, both intra-European and long haul, and have found a reliable product every single time. What strikes me reading some of the other reviews here is how thoughtless some comments are. On a 40-min flight from Luxembourg to Zurich, there is no other option than to serve small bottles of water to speed up proceedings. Swiss does not (yet) operate 777 aircraft, and if you can't stand that half the space in the long-haul planes caters for business and first class passengers, don't book an economy class seat!

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

LX1254 from ZRH-ARN, January 20 2014 in Premium Economy. The aircraft used on this service was an Airbus A320 and I was seated in the last row (36F). Since this is a code-share flight with SAS Scandinavian Airlines and I was booked on a SK-flight number you are normally only offered a middle-seat by Swiss unless you select to sit in the the last couple of rows in the airplane, which I did. (Gave me a row on myself). The experience with Swiss on Intra-European routes is by no means anything extraordinary. The comfort of the seats are resonably ok, but basically the same type of relatively uncomfortable Recaro seats you will find on the other Star Alliance Partners within Europe (Austrian, Lufthansa). The Airbus A320-series of Swiss have an in-flight entertainment system with the first generation of screens sliding down from the overhead bins. What is shown on the screens are however so, so. Even in economy you are offered free drinks and a snack. On this flight we were offered a "Tasteful Italian Pizza Slide". Exactly the same pizza slide has been offered for the last three years while I have regularly been travelling on this specific route. I can tell you, that the pizza slide is indeed not especially tasteful! To summaries, really nothing to complain about, but not a special experience.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  20 January 2014 by T Freiburghaus    (Switzerland)

ZRH-PEK-ZRH, A330-300, new airplane. Outbound about 1hr late, at the beginning temperature quite low, somewhat uncomfortable. But overall a good flight, unlimited drinks and food, always served to the seat, good AVOD. Inbound - no complaints, on-time landing in ZRH.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  20 January 2014 by R Thut    (Switzerland)

I haven't flown LX for some time so I had mixed feelings of what it will bring. ZRH-HAM-ZRH. Surprisingly the staff on the ground and in the air where very nice and friendly. Flights were each 1 hour +, so much expected. Flight to HAM a nice sandwich and a drink was served with a smile, the same back. It seems the mentality has changed a bit to the right direction. Flights were on time. On 1 leg we arrived 25 minutes early which was great.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  16 January 2014 by B Feuz    (Switzerland)

ZRH-DEL, Oct 5th. Seats very tight, no place for legs! Main meal: four little pieces of chicken with a nondescript puree. White wine in small plastic bottle, absolutely tasteless, red wine just drinkable. Second "meal" a kind of wrap. Disgusting. The steward in my sector was quite nice, but when I to the galley to ask for some water, the man there did not say a word, only showing me with his chin where water was. DEL-ZRH, Oct 20th, same wrap and breakfast with frozen pieces of fruits. Will avoid LX for long haul flights. Hopefully we have good alternatives from Switzerland. Only good points, the flights were on time.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  16 January 2014 by T Tomaso    (Italy)

FLR-ZHR-MIA and back on a 777, the available space for the legs is very tight and the seat is small. Staff, depending on the mood, some of them are rude with the typical "German" kindness. Entertainment system is adequate. Good web-check in system. Fare was really competitive.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Gioles Eugenia    (USA)

Flew from New York to Greece through Geneva and returned through Zurich. Half the plane caters to business class. If you're flying economy you're out of luck. The economy class passengers are packed like sardines. No leg room and very tight seats. I'm a small person and I was very uncomfortable. I can't imagine how a larger frame person will be. I'm told that Airbus has nothing to do with the number of seats in a plane. Seats are installed based on the airline requests. An additional issue: I enrolled to the Star Alliance award program through United and Swiss would not credit the missing miles because the trip was already complete when I enrolled but their website does not indicate this. If I recommend Swiss is for the fair last minute booking price and no delays.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  14 January 2014 by A Tungsiri    (Sweden)

I flew GVA-ZRH-ARN on January 4, 2014. Prior to that I wrote an email to the airline to request a special meal. The airline wrote stating "you can't order a special meal as we only serve snacks, no meals on short flights within Europe." I was flying business so I was surprised to get such an answer. I provided the airline with my booking number when I contacted them so they saw my booking details. Other than that, the flights were great, members of the crew onboard were friendly and knew what they were up to. Great service onboard, not as good ground service at GVA. The lounge in GVA was all right and customer service agents could definitely do a better job.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Karl Moosbrugger    (Austria)

ZRH-DEL in Business. Excellent in-flight service, in particular the menu and the Swiss wines were delicious. Very friendly crew on board; comfortable seats, in-flight entertainment was adequate. On the Swiss business lounge in ZRH was pretty crowded and the snack selection so-so.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by A Kellner    (Luxembourg)

Travelling from Luxembourg, you will first have to deal with the lack of a proper drop-off zone. This actually makes online check-in a bit useless. The short flight to Zurich is not very pleasant, as I really don't like to be flown on those Avro planes. Service is ok for such a short flight even though there was a lack of standards like napkin with the drink or even a cup with the water bottle. They don't serve snacks in economy on a 40 min flight. Unusual for somebody used to the local carriers excellent service. Zurich airport is fantastic! Quiet, well organised and nice to look at. The long haul flight to MIA was of good standard. IFE is slow and a bit old fashioned. Service and food was ok for a 10 hours flight. The two girls on our side of the plane were very friendly, courteous and helpful. I have to point out the impeccable state of the restrooms throughout the flight! Arrival in MIA was hassle free as we were the only international flight arriving at that time (6pm) and all immigration officers were there only for Swiss. Return from LAX, also no drop-off zone for baggage, again pre- checked-in online. Treated ourselves to a paying upgrade into business class. The seats are nice and good. Not my favourite though. The food concept is ok and especially the service routine for breakfast was confusing to me: No information about the options on the menu card, which makes it even harder to pick a choice from the service cart, and it all was on demand. Espresso service is great! All of the cabin crew were really nice, caring and friendly. The downturn was the 'maitre de cabine' who was rushing down the aisle with her service cart and lacked proper service enthusiasm and should have taken her team as role models. IFE again too complicated for me compared to LH and EY. Short hop to Luxembourg, again, uneventful but on an Avro-liner.

Swiss International Air Lines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by T Mahr    (Germany)

SIN-ZRH-MUC in Business proved to be a great experience. Charming crew provided a good (and important for me as the flight departs SIN very late) and quick service. Food and drinks good to excellent. A comfortable seat allowed me to sleep for +8 hours. The only thing (which doesn't bother me personally) some may not like is their IFE which seems to be from yesterday. Quick and agreeable connection in ZRH and again charming service on the 35 minute hop to MUC. All flights were bang on time. I will try to use Swiss more from now on!