Sunwing Airlines Passenger Reviews and Sunwing Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  25 April 2015 by F Durelle    (Canada)

Mar 26 to Apr 9, 2015. This was our first time using Sunwing and it was their first year offering direct flights from Moncton, N.B. to Orlando, Florida. Our trip to Orlando went without a hitch. Staff were extremely friendly and service was good. Inflight entertainment wasn't anything to brag about, but I had come prepared and had my own music and magazine, therefore I would not factor that into the equation whatsoever. Except for the aborted landing on the first try, the flight was very enjoyable. Our return trip was like it was with a totally different airline. Firstly, we were disappointed in the way they handled and failed to inform us of the delay in processing and checking us in. We were standing in line for at least one hour without the line moving at all. We finally heard from someone in the lineup that he heard that their computer system was down. It would only have taken 1 employee to speak up nice and loud telling us that their system was down instead of letting us stand in line like that. Needless to say, that made us late in getting checked in. We were finally onboard and ready for take off when the captain came on the line informing us that there was a light on that he needed to go back to the station and turn it off and that it would only take a few short minutes. Approximately 1/2 hour later, he comes back on informing us that they needed the services of a mechanic and that once the mechanic arrived, it wouldn't take long to fix but that it could take a while for the mechanic to arrive at the airport to fix it. We are now over 1.5 hours late for our return flight. Nothing was offered to compensate the passengers for this delay. We were all starved by then. Once we arrived in Moncton we were unable to disembark because there was another plane boarding, then we were unable to disembark because another plane had arrived and they were going through customs, so we spent another hour just sitting there. So what should have been a 3 hour 15 minute stay in the plane ended up being almost six hours. Not good. I would still recommend Sunwing if only for the fact that this was their first year offering the service direct from Moncton to Orlando, but from reading all of the other reviews, just remember, it is buyer beware.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2015 by Michael Redmond    (Canada)

My family and I along with 184 other passenger were all in the understanding that our Sunwing direct return flight was a direct flight from Punta Cana to Edmonton. However, Sunwing purpose held back this information from everyone's itinerary on the whole flight. Why stop in Hamilton? 1) More effective us of their flight crew (same flight crew can not do Edmonton to Punta Cana return) 2) Air cargo from Dominican very lucrative for the carrier 3) Southern Ontario to Edmonton cargo market lucrative for Sunwing. This stop added 2.5 hours onto our flight time and not one passenger de-planed not had prior knowledge of the stop over. Nothing but a cash grab at passengers expense an insult to our intellect! Never again!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2015 by C Bazinet    (Canada)

Ottawa to Punta Cana, April 4, flight 448. Punta Cana to Ottawa, April 11, flight 449. I have flown several times in the past and I did like everybody else, went to a travel agent. I assumed that everything would be organized for us, but it wasn't. The seats are so tight together, we couldn't move, we were not allowed to go to the bathroom because of turbulence which I understand, but when you have to go, you have to go. We were never at any point in time told that we would have to drop off other vacationers to other resorts. We were told there was a 90 mins bus ride to the resort. It took us 3 hours on the bus because of drop offs. We were given a piece of paper that indicated we needed to check out at 5 am, to be picked up at 6 am (wasted 45 mins waiting) to be brought to the airport and be 1 hour too early at the airport. The flight wasn't even on the board yet. After getting our seats eventually and we were not allowed to choose the seats we wanted, we had to wait another 2.5 hours. There was a 25 min delay taking off in Punta Cana. No explanation why, yet when we landed, we were told not to be late because they don't wait for anybody, but somehow, we had to wait for someone! There was 3 bathrooms on the plane, but one of them was in the galley, so not very convenient because we were told not to block the path for the stewardess, understandably, and the looks we got when we would go to the bathroom, yikes! One of the questions on here asked if I flew Premium or economy? We were never offered premium, plus there is no way there is room on the plane to have Premium? I will travel again, but I will be wiser the next time and I will ask a ton of questions until I am reassured that everything will go smoothly.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2015 by A Borowsky    (Canada)

Trip to Fort Lauderdale and back to Toronto on April 12 and 19th. Boarding was disorganized. We were called to board, and then made to wait in line before boarding, this happened in both Toronto and Fort Lauderdale. Our luggage was off loaded in Fort Lauderdale, but nobody announced which of the 13 carousels it was coming down at, and the signage at Fort Lauderdale doesn't indicate it for Sunwing. The Fort Lauderdale check-in happens at the west side of terminal 4, the plane is loaded from the east side of terminal 3. Yes, a different terminal, and the opposite side too. It's a bit of a walk, but doable if you don't have much carry on. In Toronto, the plane touched down early, but nobody was available to guide us to the gate, only a 10 minute wait to get to the gate, and another 5 or so for the door to be opened. Luggage came out an hour later. Staff near the luggage carousel were unable to find out what the delay was or do anything other than apologize once the luggage did start to come out. Meals - On the way down, I had a breakfast muffin. It was warm on one half, cold on the other. Soggy pizza, about the size of a cheque book, on the way back. I guess that it costs around $3 per meal, they should just pocket that money, and drop this lousy food. Charge me $10 extra and give me something well prepared and tasty. I don't see how I would willingly take Sunwing again. Hopefully my future flights will have other choices available.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2015 by G Walker    (Canada)

Recent trip from Calgary (through Saskatoon) - Zihuatanejo, MX. 40 minute stop in Saskatoon to pick up passengers became a 90 stop due to double booking of some passengers. Staff were like the keystone cops trying to get things moving. On the way home the flight left 1hr late even though we could all see the plane on the tarmac with no explanation given. Stop-off in Saskatoon to drop off passengers and do a "crew change" became a 2 hour fiasco as the replacement crew were locked out of the closed airport. Different stories were given on what was going on but when the new crew arrived they told the remaining passengers to complain to the Saskatoon Airport Authority for locking up for the night. Surely this was not the first time this route has been taken. Sunwing came across as teh keystone cops. When we complained that our seat was in permanent recline mode and wouldn't stay up for take- off or landing the flight attendant told us not to worry about it and that there were 6 other seats on the plane with similar issues. Never will I fly with them again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  5 April 2015 by M Lanoue    (Canada)

Flew from Kitchener to Cancun March 16, 2015 - no issues with the outbound or return flight. Flights were on time, seats were comfortable enough for a brief flight, crew friendly. The champagne service is on the flight going to your vacation, not on the way back. Very small amount, and the food wasn't great. Despite a previous reviewer mentioning that these perks are "free" - they are not. You pay for them in your fare. Still, no complaints, I didn't expect to receive a full glass of Dom Perignon in a crystal flute! We had serious issues with the resort. I won't go into full detail here but despite our efforts to change resorts, we received very little assistance from the Sunwing reps in Cancun, and no assistance from calling the 1-800 in Toronto. In short, we spent a nightmare week in Cancun and there was nothing we could do about it.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  5 April 2015 by Kristine Chanas    (Canada)

My son and his fiancee planned their destination wedding based on flight schedules. Because at the time Sunwing was offering a direct flight to Los Cabos (under 5 hours from Winnipeg), that is the package they choose. Everything was planned and paid for in January. 3 weeks before departure, Sunwing changed the flights. Instead of a direct flight to Cabos, we were redirected to Ixtapia. This added an additional 3 hours to our travel. Once in Ixtapia, we had to get off the plane, retrieve our baggage, clear customs and the recheck our baggage. The walk must have been 4 miles in total. Really great when you're elderly and walking is difficult, or if you're a young family that's has to carry babies and try and manage toddlers and luggage at the same time. Half a day of our vacation wasted! Return flight home was much better. Got on the plane in Cabos, flew 2 hours to Ixtapia, waited on a hot plane for 1 1/2 hours, then flew another 5 hours to Wpg. Another half day of vacation wasted. Will never ever book with Sunwing again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2015 by T Cann    (Canada)

Just arrived back from a trip to Mexico. 1 hour late leaving Toronto, no explanation given as to why. We were up early at the resort as we had a 12 noon check out deadline. We were taken to the airport at 5pm for a 7pm flight. We were supposed to arrive back in Toronto at 1.58 am. However we didn't arrive in Toronto until 6.10 am. Delayed for over 4 hours. In reality we were up for close to 24 hours. Reason for the delay, the flight leaving Cuba for Toronto was delayed. In this day and age, this should not happen. This airline could care less about how we felt. Do yourself a big favor, fly with somebody else.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2015 by P Olson    (Canada)

We flew from Ottawa to St. Martin on March 16 and returned on March 23. Everything went smoothly and I have no complaints. We arrived at the airport 3 hours before the flight to check in (both ways) and experienced no line- ups. We paid for Elite Plus and sat in the exit rows which was probably worth the extra $50/person each way as we had lots of leg room and were first served in flight. Our flights were fine and while I didn't "love" the 2 hour stop in Punta Cana on the return trip, we still arrived back in Ottawa on time. The in-flight entertainment wasn't great but we expected that so brought our own entertainment (books and music). Food was fine for airplane food, and it's included in the price along with wine with supper. For the amount we paid for this trip, I feel we got excellent service! I will definitely fly Sunwing again!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  29 March 2015 by J Blakey    (Canada)

Good value, good inflight service but Sunwing dropped the ball badly on our recent return flight from Cancun to Ottawa (Mar 26). First, the pick up from our resort to the airport was far too early (5.50 am pick up for a 10.40 am scheduled departure). On arrival at Cancun airport, none of the Sunwing reps there could say which counter we should go to for check-in. We wound up standing in an uncertain line for more than an hour before Sunwing staff finally showed up to begin the check-in process. It makes no sense to transport passengers to the airport more than an hour before Sunwing staff will begin the check-in process. Second and more disappointing was the way they handled and failed to keep passengers informed about the departure delay back to Ottawa. We later learned that a flight attendant had suffered a medical emergency on the flight into Cancun that would prevent them from working our flight back to Ottawa. Obviously Sunwing isn't responsible for something like this which is totally out of their control. However, it took Sunwing more than an hour to relay this information to passengers. Instead, they simply provided rolling notifications of boarding time delays, at times posting new departure times that were already outdated when they were posted. When they notified passengers to come to the gate to receive news of the flight status, they failed to give the Sunwing rep a microphone-so very few passengers could actually hear news about the medical status of the flight attendant, or that Sunwing was looking for 20 "volunteers" to relinquish their seats on our flight to take a connecting flight through Toronto, or what the details of the Toronto connecting flight were. Ultimately the situation was resolved when another Sunwing attendant agreed to step in for their unwell colleague and everyone was able to fly direct to Ottawa - albeit 1.5 hours late. Sunwing must do a better job of keeping its passengers informed and in communicating with them.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  29 March 2015 by Neil Freeman    (Canada)

Flew to Los Cabos, March 19 on Sunwing - worse flight my wife and I have experienced. First the flight was 3 hours late leaving Toronto - no one could offer an explanation. Poor food, flight attendants seemed to be hiding behind the curtain most of the flight, seats worn and very uncomfortable. Flight home March 26 was supposed to leave at 4.20 pm - got to the airport and flight not on the board when later flights with other airlines were - a number of passengers inquired and were told we could be boarding within 20 minutes or possibly 3 hours? When flight was posted it showed a delay of 2 hours - settled in playing cards and having lunch when we heard an announcement the flight was boarding at the other end of the terminal - we left our food and dashed to the other end telling other passengers we recognized the flight was leaving - this could have been a issue with the Cabo airport but Sunwing showed no concern. The only reason the flight back to TO was tolerable was my wife and I had an empty seat between us - lots more room. I'd rather pay a little more and have a more accommodating airline.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2015 by J Moceri    (Canada)

Overall a horrible experience. Booked a vacation to Cancun through this company. I can understand delays due to weather and safety. My wife and I both seated in different sections for both directions of our trip. We requested seats together but this seems to be too complicated of a task for this company. Found that there were many other couples and families that this happened to as well. Seats extremely cramped on plane. Mine was broken, did not recline. Also when we arrived in Cancun and boarded our bus for our transfer to resort we waited for approx 70 mins after getting on bus to leave airport. We landed at 1.30 pm and were told it was approx 45 mins to our resort. Problem was that this bus carried many other Sunwing customers going to other resorts and the bus was to stop at each one. Ours was the last. We did not arrive to our resort until 6.30 pm! Approx 4 hours later! Will never use Sunwing again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2015 by B Rudolfsen    (Canada)

Flew from Edmonton to Veradero on Feb 14, stayed at Paridisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and returned to Edmonton 7 days later. If you did not sit in rows 1 to 8 or 15 to 21, you did not get a choice of food item. The item left was left over for a reason, absolutely disgusting greasy pastry (pizza type) item for both breakfast and dinner. Cabin crew were poor on flight to Veradero. Sat on bus in Veradero for almost an hour waiting for Sunwing reps to try and find 4 people that had likely taken a taxi to their resort and could not be bothered to let the Sunwing reps know. Return trip cabin crew were nicer, food was still disgusting. Most of the flights luggage was left in Veradero due to "the plane being too heavy". Our baggage was flown to Vancouver, trucked to Edmonton and then sent by bus requiring us to drive to nearest bus depot and retrieve. We received our luggage 8 days after getting home (I guess we should be thankful we received it at all). Will likely not book a Sunwing Vacation ever again, and not sure Cuba is on our future travel list either.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2015 by T Bateson    (Canada)

We just flew Toronto to Ixtapa. I booked through a travel agent and there was no mention about a 5kg carry-on weight limit - so we were very disappointed and frustrated to have to check 2 of our 4 small carry on bags. Flight was on time both ways - good job, food was horrific. Champagne was awful - they shouldn't call it that (it's a tacky gimmick). One movie over four hours on the way there - no movie on the way back because the system was down, and basic indifference for the lost 2 hours of entertainment. Flight staff were average - none were particularly friendly. Drink service was limited - felt like we should have had the cart come around at least one more time - I was totally parched when we got there. Staff at check-in in Ixtapa were the best part of the experience - too bad they weren't all as good. At over $800 a ticket I certainly don't think it was particularly good value - that is certainly one of the most expensive tickets I've purchased - and it came with the worst amenities. I'd fly Sunwing again but only as a last resort.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2015 by Jennifer Brandon    (Canada)

Sunwing is awful. The champagne service is a joke. The ads show a champagne glass filled with champagne and they even say "Bon voyage glass of sparkling wine", meanwhile it is about an ounce of sparkling wine in a plastic cup you would expect salad dressing to be served in. I mean, can't they even use the plastic wine cups? So misleading. Furthermore, the "hotel towel service" is nothing more than a small wet napkin that has been warmed up. The seats were terribly uncomfortable and small. My last flight, the air regulator was broken and it was stifling on the flight. I will never willingly fly Sunwing again! Also, no TVs on the back of seats so bring your glasses if you get stuck in a row that is far from the nearest TV. The food was awful.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  20 March 2015 by B Justin    (Canada)

Just got back Toronto from a trip from to Cuba. Friends of ours had to wait over an hour for Sunwing to get their daughter a wheelchair to get through customs. They were then rushed to get on the flight "first" where they were put on the plain, but their daughter had to stay outside on the tarmac until every other passenger got on. At Toronto, they, again, did not have a wheelchair ready and were last off. The food was terrible. Apparently a cheese croissant is considered pizza? There was no inflight movie. The flight attendants seemed lost whenever they attempted to make an announcement. At times, we had no idea what they were trying to say. One example, "We are preparing to land, so we will be landing soon. When we land, which will be happening momentarily".

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  20 March 2015 by R Knowles    (Canada)

Took Sunwing to MBJ Jamaica, Jan 26/15 and return Feb 09/15, YEG Canada. These were the worst flight experiences, I've had in 35 yrs of aviation employment and extensive airline holiday required flying. They allowed a drunk to upset the flight down with loud, disruptive and aggressive behaviour. The FA helped by supplying doubles to him throughout the flight. Our return trip included a very poorly padded seat with fold out of the arm table trays, which made it very cramped and uncomfortable, a screaming child right behind us, that FA did nothing to help calm down. A diversion to YWG for fuel because of head winds. The pilot did inform us ahead that this might occur! No Enforcement of no cellphone use as we were being refuelled with passengers onboard.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  20 March 2015 by J Sangha    (Canada)

Future first preference would not be Sunwings Airlines. Our departure to Cancun on Feb 22 was 1.5 hrs late - announcement was made informing us the pilot had called in sick and head office in Toronto had mistakenly not replaced him!! No compensation for this delay was provided. Planes felt quite old, seating space really small and lacking cushioning, no space in seat back to put your things, pop-down TV's outdated, static sound, and food was of poor quality. The small amt of champagne (on the way over only), the warm 'hot' towel, and chocolate mint were not enough to impress. Attendants on the return flight were much friendlier and out servicing more. Sunwings/Nexus rep.s at the resort seemed to be always available, friendly and helpful.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by H Smith    (Canada)

Premium

Traveled from Regina, SK. to Puerto Vallarta on Feb 22nd. I was a little worried after reading all the negative reviews but I thought that Sunwing was great. The flight crews on both our flights were very nice and provided good service. Granted the food onboard wasn't great but what do you want for airline food. We booked the Elite Plus and I am happy that we did. The extra leg room was a huge bonus. We also avoided the long lineup at the airport coming home. The only things that I didn't like were that the transfer bus from the airport didn't have a list of names of people that should be on the bus. I have no idea how they knew when they had everyone of if someone was missing. I also didn't like that you had to see the Sunwing reps the morning after arriving to book the shuttle back to the airport. We ended up waiting quite awhile to see a rep as people were booking excursions. If hotel transfers are included in the package price you shouldn't be required to talk with a rep.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Sheffield Ron    (Canada)

Flew last week Calgary to Punta Cana. They have crammed more seats into their small 737. You hardly have room to breathe. They don't tell you this but apparently now they cannot go direct from there to anywhere in the west. We learned on plane that they had to go to Hamilton for fuel. We were on that for almost 9 hrs getting into Calgary 1.5 hrs late cramped up in the plane. The crew got to change in Hamilton. There were flights to Edmonton and Vancouver and they too had to go to Hamilton. Airline should either stop flying these long routes or get planes that can go that distance. Never again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by N Sulz    (Canada)

Don't know where all the negativity comes from. Booked an all inclusive through Sunwing to the Bel Air resort in Nuevo Vallarta from February 27 to March 6. Flight left Vancouver at 6 am to Puerto Vallarta. Flight was right on time. Great, friendly cabin crew. Captain came on several times during the flight to update our arrival time, weather in Puerto Vallarta, etc. The seats aren't that comfortable but find me one on any other airline in economy class and I'll give you an award! Nice smooth flight, served champagne (yes, it was a small amount but who cares..it was free! Breakfast was a muffin with sausage, egg, cheese and was as good as any I've had in the fast food retaurants (again..absolutely free). We were given shortbread cookies which were delicious and free. Chocolates..free. Free coffee, soft drinks, water, etc. entertainment is overhead TV but so what? Bring a book. Flight landed 25 minutes early. Luggage was there before we were. Transfers arranged through Sunwing were on time and Fun and free. Flight coming back left a few minutes early. Again, super attentive cabin crew and announcements from the pilot. Lunch was a smoked meat sandwich or a pizza. Not gourmet but good enough. If you want something of better value then buy it at the airport. Don't know how you can complain about something that is free. Same cookies, chocolates and free wine with lunch. We were also given a second cabin service of a snack and free bevies. Flight landed early and again our luggage was there before we were. Great experience all around. In fact I felt it was better than the many flights I've taken on supposed first class airlines.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by M Mitchell    (Canada)

Just back from trip to Santa Clara. Both outbound and return flights were on time. The aircrew was very friendly and the food offered was fine. We did buy the extra legroom seats (exit row). The regular seats looked quite tight.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Saudia McDonald    (Canada)

Very disappointed. Flew with Sunwing on February 21 2015, checked in on time and we were told to go and wait in lounge area with other travellers, our flight was 8.45 am, and we were called at 8.35 to go through customs - it was crazy. Later found out they were not suppose to do that. On top of that our flight was delay 2.5 hrs, we had to get to Miami for a cruise leaving at 4, got to Miami and it took forever to get our luggage, but luckily for Carnival they were very patient and got us to ship. We boarded the ship at 4 pm. Flew back with Sunwing on Mar 1, was delayed again - not surprising. Staff had no idea what they were doing. Don't think I would fly with them again. You would think they would get it right by now with all the negative reviews.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Arlene Small    (Canada)

Premium

I want to thank Sunwing for "making the most" out of a terrible "blizzard" that postponed my holiday to Cancun for 2 days. We were to leave Saint John (Feb 15 at 7.30 am). Due to a catering issue and then the blizzard hitting the East Coast we did not fly out until early Tuesday morning (at 3.30 am arriving in Cancun at 8.00 am). I lost 2 days. But once aboard the crew had "unlimited" drinks all the way to Cancun and were Wonderful. The airline refunded my first day lost and the second day they provided a $150 voucher for our next trip. They arranged hotels and cabs, gave vouchers for lunch and dinner on the Sunday and on the Monday returned us to our hotels with a $45. lunch voucher. So yes my 14 day vacation turned into 12 days. I would definitely recommend.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Jan Thompson    (Canada)

Departure was 1.5 hrs late - it was announced that the pilot had called in sick and head office in Toronto mistakenly did not replace him! Nothing was offered to passengers to compensate for the delay. The plane felt older with outdated overhead viewing screens, static sound, seating space is small and uncomfortable, no place in seat back to tuck your things and food was of poor quality. The 'extras' - wee bit of champagne (only on the way over), warm/hot towel, and chocolate mint - were not enough to impress. Staff on the return flight were out more and much friendlier than on the way over. Sunwing (Nexus) reps. were at the airport to assist, although there was initially some confusion and they were available, friendly and helpful at the resort.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by G Hargrove    (Canada)

Premium

Flew from Ottawa to Punta Cana on March 7, 2015. Experienced a one hour delay due to an air conditioning problem. All in all it was a pleasant flight with a hot breakfast sandwich served. Had lots of legroom but I paid for that.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by G Jackson    (Canada)

Ottawa to Cancun Feb 9-16/15. Delayed coming back for 4 hrs with no explanation. Very old airplane with some sort of Russian language everywhere. Seats were so worn that there was no foam to sit on. Extremely cramped and uncomfortable. Had same experience Dec/14. We will never fly them again - even it was free!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by T Tavares    (Canada)

We flew to Punta Cana recently and I wanted to add my review regarding the service and overall experience with Sunwing. Their planes are old and purchased from other airlines. The leg room is non existent! Their on time departure is never "on time". The flight attendants are hit and miss, but mostly miss. As I'm sure they deal with frustrated vacationer all the time. Check in staff have very poor customer service. If you can avoid flying or booking a trip with them I would highly recommend it!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Mike Dunn    (Canada)

Premium

Return trip Varedero to Winnipeg, Sat March 7/Sunday March 8/15, Flt WG679. Vacate room for noon. Must wait till pick up bus at 9.05pm. No bus, taxi to airport for 11.40 flight. Flight delayed till 3.45 am. Board at 3.50am Leave after 4am. Arrive Wpg after 8 am. Been up over 26 hours. Never again on Sunwing. Terrible flight times.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by S McCarthy    (Canada)

Flew non stop Toronto to Puerto Plata, 22 Feb 15, WG411 - plane was old and seats very small - big people better book Elite Plus to be comfortable. I am average sized and it was cramped, movie didn't work - flight was on time and service was fine. Champagne is a thing Sunwing does, doesn't matter if it is there or not to me. WG410 on way back, 1 Mar 15 - plane was quite new and seat room was much better - food typical plane food both down and back. Flight on time, plane clean. I was satisfied with the service both ways. This is the second time I have booked with Sunwing - once to Cuba and this time to Puerto Plata - no problems either time.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by R Romain    (Canada)

We flew Feb 21-28 and had great service with Sunwing. Ott-Cancun. Flights were 1 hr delayed both ways but everything was well organized and smooth.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by G Mehta    (Canada)

Premium

Very disappointed. Flew Ottawa to Cancun, WG 553. Paid extra for Elite Plus - seats are not wider nor is there extra leg room. We were seated in Row 1, next to a single bathroom and galley, with people lining up for the bathroom. We had passengers banging into our legs and chairs as they made room for the flight attendants to go by. Do not bother to pay extra for Elite Plus seats. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 5pm, it was delayed and did not take off until 9pm. Sunwing Staff did not bother to apologize once for the delay to all the waiting passengers nor bothered to provide an explanation for the delay. Unacceptable. We arrived in Cancun at 1.30am and waited for our luggage for 1 hour! Again, no apology or explanation from Sunwing Staff. We arrived at our hotel at 3.30am when we were supposed to be there at 9.30pm. Our family was exhausted and the following day was spent recovering and catching up on sleep and as a result, we lost a day. The crew were unprofessional and rude. Cancun-Ottawa WG554, our plane was delayed for 1.5 hours and again passengers did not receive an apology or an explanation for the delay. We will never fly Sunwing Airlines and we will gladly pay extra for other airlines that understand and deliver good customer service!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Deborah Thompson    (Canada)

Never again! We were supposed to be home at 8pm on Feb 18 from Mexico, we got home at 3am, Feb 19. There was not enough food, water was rarely offered. We were supposed to be direct home to Edmonton, but were diverted to Winnipeg! We travel quite a bit, and always go away in the winter, but I would not recommend this airline.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Allan Craig    (Canada)

Very disappointed in Sunwing! Outbound I wasn't able to check in online so at the airport early. Was given row 28 at rear of plane. The flight magazine was so soiled the attendant didn't like touching it. There was wads of gum stuck in the window. When food finally arrived they ran out on row 27 with only one choice for us in row 28. Leaving Mexico the Sunwing rude personal wouldn't let us carry on our luggage which was underweight and that we had carried on in Vancouver. She then gave us row 32 even thought we were 3 hours early at the terminal. She also insisted it was a direct flight to Vancouver. At 6pm we left Los Cabos and flew 55 minutes south to Puerto Vallarta, sat on the ground for 50 minutes before a 4.5 hour flight to Vancouver. This was not a direct flight and not only in a non reclining chair but no food until after 9pm. Seven hours to get home from Mexico! Never again with Sunwing.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Eleonora Tartakovsky    (Canada)

On February 19, 2015 we flew to Santa Clara, Cuba. Flight No: WG301. Returned flight was on February 26, flight No: WG301. On the way to Cuba we were served a meal accompanied with champagne. Nice touch. But, on the way back they demanded $3.00 for a small bottle of water. I was in complete shock and asked a stewardess if we really are required to pay for the water. She confirmed that. Some time later juice and sandwiches were offered free of charge. That $3.00 bottle of water cancelled all the other pleasantries, like champagne. I would be very hard pressed to fly with Sunwing again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by M Comuzzi    (Canada)

After booking and paying for a direct flight from Vancouver B.C. to Los Cabos we were flown to Puerto Vallarta, made to disembark, pick up our luggage, go through customs, recheck our luggage and get back on the same plane! Then flown back to Los Cabos. The flight back home was similar. Lost 2 full days to travelling for a 4.5 hour original flight! Will never fly or recommend this airline again. Everyone on this flight was very angry.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Marianne Edgar    (Canada)

Flight WG063 from St. Petersburg Florida to Toronto on February 23. I arrived 2 hours before the departure time and I had purchased Elite pkg. There was no Elite service and the line up was extremely long. It took over an hour and a half to get to the counter to receive my boarding pass. It seemed very disorganized. Then the passengers were rushed through the security section, ducking under the line barriers as the flight was being called. I have flown many times with Sunwing and I must say I was very disappointed with the service on this flight.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by V Zanfir    (Canada)

This airline's service has diminished significantly over several years. Their fleet is old and small, so when they have mechanical issues as old planes are prone to do, they don't have the fleet capacity to replace those planes to avoid delays. Our most recent trip to Mexico was delayed 2.5 hours on the way in and 6 hours on the way back due to - surprise - mechanical problems. Their fleet is ancient, the plane on the way back had ashtrays in the chair armrests. During the delay, we had no communication, the reps on the resort notified no one about the delay with the result that the guests scheduled to leave that day were packed and ready to go when they were told they would have to stick around in the lobby for another 6 hours to wait for their airport bus, which turned into an even longer wait at the airport. Sunwing then changed gates at the airport twice without informing the waiting passengers. It was a fiasco. Funny thing is, we had paid over $100 extra per adult to return on the earlier flight (there was a cheaper option for a later flight). Sunwing took our money, but then only provided the cheaper, later option for flying out anyway. No refunds were ever issued.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Bell Gail    (Canada)

Travelled from Ottawa to Cuba in February 2015. Meals were terrible. Seats so close together you could barely move. No champagne on return flight. No hot beverages. Flight delayed leaving then took 5 hours to get to Cuba but only 3.5 hours return. Ended up in Cuba with no money, and I mean no money because our cards were not acceptable. Only enough cash to pay tax to depart. Sunwing Reps could do nothing to help us. Poor service to say the least.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by C Zettel    (Canada)

We went from Toronto to Cancun and then back to Toronto. The flight was great, no turbulence and we had purchased the elite seating and the extra leg room was great. The lunches served were tasty and the staff very friendly. The only complaint were the movies both going and coming, thank heavens I had a good book to read. Then again I was not on flight for the entertainment. We will definitely fly with them again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by P Laing    (Canada)

Premium

Flew from Toronto to Varadaro, Cuba on February 12, 2015. Our 0700 hrs. departure was delayed until 1530 hrs due to a mechanical issue on the beat up old 727 they had. Lost an entire day of our vacation. Flight back to Toronto on 19 February was on time but it took two hours to get our baggage off of the plane. We paid an additional $60. on the return flight for upgraded elite plus seating and priority baggage. Our seat was fine, but our baggage arrived with everyone else's two hours after landing. The flight crews were great, the overall experience - terrible!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Eugene Ogino    (Canada)

We chartered for a 2 week all-inclusive trip to Cuba in February of 2015. The seats were very, very close together and the aisle was so narrow that the refreshment cart could just get by. One could not get past the cart unless you stood in someone's space until the cart went by. On the return flight, the elderly guy behind me kept bumping the back of my seat, probably with his knees, and hopefully unintentionally, thus waking me up whenever I dozed off. Our "dinner" comprised of one piece of 2x4 piece of "pizza". They only have one drop down TV screen for 3 rows of seats and no choice of movies. The red-eye flight was brutal. Leave YVR at 7 pm, arrive Cuba at 12.30, 5.30 am Cuba time. The return is worse. Leave Cuba at 6 am, and after a 7 hour flight, arrive YVR at 10 am BC time. On a positive note, the stewardess was very efficient and calm when the lady in front of us got sick and passed out. Would I travel with Sunwing again? No.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by K Smith    (Canada)

We traveled with Sunwing Feb 12 and 19. We flew from Montreal to Cayo Coco, Cuba and have nothing but praise for this airline. The check-in staff in Montreal were friendly. The flight attendants were pleasant and helpful. The inflight meal was nothing fancy but edible and hot. On our way home I was not feeling well and they went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. Despite a snowstorm leaving Montreal we were on time arriving and the plane looked fairly new. Overall a great experience! I traveled economy class and no problems with seat selection.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Daria Horbay    (Canada)

So disappointed in our recent trip with Sunwing. We booked a direct, non-stop flight from Edmonton to Huatulco in October. In January, we received confirmation of the trip. Three days later, we were notified that we would now be traveling via Winnipeg on both legs of the trip. No explanation why. Just told that it's within Sunwing's legal rights to make changes. This added an extra 3 hours to each leg of our trip. On top of that, the plane was old, food scarce and not tasty, ground staff dismissive, and no in-flight entertainment to speak of. So disappointing as the resort we were at was fantastic.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by D Richardson    (Canada)

Premium

Just returned home from St Maarten. My wife and I flew Sunwing for our first time. Everything was fine until we arrived back in Toronto on Sunday night. We sat on the tarmac for half an hour because no gates were available. Once we finally got off the plane and made our way down to baggage we sat there for two and half hours before they told us that the luggage was not going to be unloaded off the plane due to the cold temperature. The place went crazy and no one with any authority from Sunwing was present to provide proper details to a very tired group of passengers. 4 days later we finally received our luggage.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2015 by K Preston    (Canada)

Premium

We booked an all inclusive wedding pkg over a year in advance, being assured of the best price and non stop flight from Edmonton to Huatulco. We got neither. Our flight ended up going to Winnipeg both coming and going, and others in the wedding party on the same flight got a much better price. Unfortunately other things happened that I am unable to talk about. I have traveled many times before and this was by far my worst experience.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by B Knutson    (Canada)

We have traveled twice in the last two months on this airline and found the service to be extremely slow, the food awful. On our last trip we were in the air for over 6 hrs and I turned on my overhead light for service (another drink) only had one to that point as that was all that offered up till then. To be told we would be landing in 1 hr and I could wait till then and could my drinks for free at the resort. Very rude comment and also, we were only landing to drop off people at Punta Cana and still had approx. another 3 hrs of air time. All four trips (2 to point of destination and 2 return) they had run out of tomato juice before they had got to our row 11. The movies were bad and then to have to watch 3 same re-runs of a sitcom after - that's bad. Both trips we thought were direct flights and only found out after we paid that there were stoppages on all. Not to mention delays at airports or on runway. Always was something going wrong!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by J Lesperance    (Canada)

We booked a direct flight to Huatulco from Edmonton for early February 2015. Two weeks before our flight we were notified that our direct flight was now a connection to Winnipeg and would mean leaving two hours earlier and arriving two hours later than originally planned. Since we had not purchased the cancellation insurance - or as we now call it the Sunwing messes you over insurance" - we had no options but to spend 9 hours each day travelling that reduced our 7 day vacation down to 5 days. What was worse about all of this was that when we picked up people in Winnipeg - it was approximately 30% of the plane. So they choice to connect in Winnipeg and inconvenience 70% of their passengers rather than connecting in Edmonton and inconveniencing 30% of their passengers. This was not our first travel experience with Sunwing but I can assure you - it will be our last.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Marc Labbé    (Canada)

Premium

Excellent service from staff either at the airport or in the plane, flights were on time on the way to Holguin and back to Montreal, food was decent and free, the only complaint is that the plane on the way to Holguin was old and seats were bad.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Len Smith    (Canada)

Premium

Jan 30/15, WG521 to Puerto Vallarta return WG 522, Feb 6th. 28 of us going to a wedding. We paid extra for Elite Plus and did get extra legroom but still cramped 3x3 seating, audio system unintelligible, food average. A cold pizza accompanied by a 2 oz. glass of complimentary wine, cabin staff sat around, no drink service, even forgot the complimentary glass of champagne on return trip.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Calder Hendrickson    (Canada)

Premium

Feb 15 2015, flight 619 from Cuba. Delayed 8.5 hours on direct flight to Saskatoon had to redirect to Toronto to fuel up as we were too heavy. Had to sit in the plane for 2.5 hours in Toronto as well. Sunwing service on flight was rude and lack of food for such a delay. 188 people on board this flight. Were to land in Saskatoon at 8am Sunday morning, finally made it to Saskatoon at 6pm Sunday night. We will never fly Sunwing again nor recommend to anyone we know. Very unprofessional, chaotic, unorganized, rude, lack of communication. All around a terrible experience. Were told we could not recline seats and made for a very uncomfortable flight both ways.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Venessa Cam    (Canada)

This airline has a reputation for being terribly late. Our flight to Cancun was delayed 8 hours which resulted in a full day loss on our trip. They would tell us every hour "the plane will be here in an hour", but that went on for 8 hours. Our 6am flight turned into a 3pm flight which means they served us old breakfast sandwiches on the plane. The return flight was also delayed. We were picked up at our resort at 6:50pm and our plane finally departed at 3.30am. The flight attendants handed out $75 coupons to everyone for the delays, but they ran out of copies for the last row of the plane (where I sat). This was January 5th. Still haven't received my coupon.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Dennis Warner    (Canada)

We travelled from Kelowna to Ixtapa for a one-week all-inclusive this past month (January, 2015). We were promised a direct non-stop flight and that's what we got. Our flights were not only on time but a bit early, both down and back, and the service onboard was above average. We received a little bit of champagne both there and back (yes, a small amount but that's okay) and complimentary wine with our meal on the way back. The price was right, Sunwings delivered what it promised, and we already have another trip lined up with Sunwings. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Ixtapa and were are very happy with Sunwings.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Wendy Oliver    (Canada)

Currently sitting on tarmac for flight WG571. Not impressed with the lack of communication and services with this flight. Was boarded at 3.30 when flight was scheduled to depart at 3. Was further told that luggage was delayed being boarded on plane when actuality was the previous flight luggage had not even been removed. No working sink in the bathroom. Hopefully return trip from San Jose Del Cabo will be better.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  18 February 2015 by M Ferguson    (Canada)

Premium

I will never fly Sunwing again. Currently I am sitting on a plane on the Tarmac in Toronto. I have been here 2 hours (it was supposed to be at most a 60 min stop for fuel). I was supposed to fly home to Saskatoon direct from Cuba, but apparently due to wind that was not possible. This of course after I am awake all night waiting for a delayed plane. Sunwing is terrible at communicating delays with their customers. We were unable to obtain info in Cuba as to what was going on, the customer care center was not answering. Finally a fellow traveller called Saskatoon to find out what was going on. It was then we learned we would be re-routed - something Sunwing kept denying once we got to the airport in Cuba. I can understand delays related to weather, but a delay related to an airlines greed and tight schedule is totally inappropriate. Also inappropriate is the airlines failure to communicate with their customers.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  12 February 2015 by Maria Krenos    (Canada)

Flight 238 from Toronto to Cayo Coco was very good. Service was excellent, delicious lunch, hot turkey sandwich or pizza with glass of red or white wine or pop and cookies. Flight attendants were very friendly and helpful. On the return flight 239 we had medical emergency which was handled very professionally. Overall very satisfactory trip.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  6 February 2015 by M Henderson    (Canada)

The food was terrible and they ran out, I mean everyone expects nasty food on an airplane, but it was barely edible. The "veggie pizza" was greasy dough with about a teaspoon of pasta sauce. They ran out of the other option long before they got to my family, and since we didn't get an option (not that we complained), our flight attendant offered us each a full can of soda instead of a glassful. The people in the 2 rows at the very back didn't get anything - they were offered 2 desserts, and one of the flight attendants actually offered part of his own bagged lunch to them! I would pay more for my flight just to get a nutritious, filling meal. It seems like they actually go out of their way to find the most unappetizing, cheap food possible. They also showed current movies good for viewers of any age, and gave a free set of headphones on the way to our destination (you must keep them for the return flight). The flight attendants were all very nice and did there job (plus more as stated above), no baggage was lost, and check-in was simple. The Sunwing reps in Ixtapa, Mexico were very nice. They also worked certain hours throughout the week for bookings. The flight schedule was posted and kept up to date in the lobby of our hotel, so we were aware of any delays (there were none) and of the 1 hour stop in Saskatoon, AB before landing in Calgary, AB. We ended up arriving in Calgary an hour ahead of schedule! Overall good, but the food - really?

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  6 February 2015 by Peter Plastina    (Canada)

Premium

This airline has a reputation for not being on time as I have now discovered. We were on a flight on December 21, 2014 to Punta Cana and the flight was delayed for an hour with no explanation. On the return flight from Punta Cana to Toronto, the flight was delayed 3 hours. Once we boarded we were advised by the Pilot that there was a mechanical problem but they would be able to obtain the required information from the ground? We were also advised that the air conditioning was not functioning but once airborne the air condition would be resolved. The Sunwing customer service is non existent and especially if you purchased the package through a Travel Agent, their response was that they did not communicate directly with customers and it would be necessary to contact the Travel Agent for assistance. Try contacting anyone at Sunwing, not possible! They do provide customer service and avoid any contact with customers as much as possible. Would not book any vacations again with Sunwing.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Caterina Williams    (Canada)

Flight 764, Jan 11 2015. Montreal to Sint Maarten. Flight 765, Jan 18 2015. Sint Maarten to Montreal. We found the ground crew to be very courteous and that is where our compliments stop. I have never seen cabin seating so tight and I am only 5 ft tall. The planes are not only cramped but also outdated not having screens behind the seats. On our return voyage which departed Sint Maarten at 6.30 pm we did not see any cabin crew for 2 hours after take off. We could not get water or any beverages until halfway through the trip. I have travelled with Air Canada, WestJet, Thomas cook and Air Transat and have found those experiences more enjoyable. I will avoid any destination in the future if Sunwing is the carrier. It is most definitely not pleasant feeling like I am being herded like cattle in tight spaces. Surely with the money being saved on cheaper fuel today, Sunwing could take out a few rows of seating In order to allow its passengers to be able to shift a little in their seat. On a final note, I am happy that I did not pay a premium for Elite as the seats appeared to be at best 2 inches larger.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Linda Bell    (Canada)

Premium

The flight was a disappointment for 2 reasons. You see the ads on TV for "champagne flights" where people are given a normal glassful. In reality all we got was a thimbleful in a tiny plastic shot glass - less than one ounce. If they are going to push these champagne flights in every ad, it should be as advertised. The other problem is the outdated movie screens and lack of choice in inflight entertainment. Many airlines these days have a screen in the back of every seat and a selection of things to see.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  26 January 2015 by Qushair Rick    (Canada)

Purchased a 4 night trip to Nassau, flight scheduled to leave Toronto at 6.10pm (WG746) arriving in Nassau at 9.35pm. We were delayed with no explanation for 3 hours. After de-icing we took off around 9.20pm, We were in the air for about an hour and a half, the Pilot messaged that one of the 2 airplane systems is down and we have to fly back to Toronto. There are plenty of airports in the states to land in but Sunwing decided to fly back to Toronto. We landed back in Toronto at around midnight. I bought a 4 night trip, the first night is done by the time we fly back to Nassau it will 4am the earliest. No food or drink were served, customers were complaining. I opted not to go to Nassau since we lost so much time and asked to be let off the plane. I emailed Sunwing looking for my money back or hesitantly a replacement trip. Awaiting a response. I would pay the extra money to fly another airline.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  26 January 2015 by G Feenstra    (Canada)

This was our first time using them. We went to Mazatlan, Mexico from Jan 16/15 to Jan 23/15. I do not know if we had an exception to the rule, but Sunwing was excellent. Great check-in people, coming and going, great flight staff, and great on the ground people at the resort. A few things we did not like were: we used their Elite Plus service which was great to get a emergency exit, but man the seats seemed hard. Maybe not used to flying, as we only fly a few times a year, sorry but Air Canada has a leg up on the seating department. You do get a free meal, but it was really bad going down, but an above average coming home. They only play one movie for the whole plane out of roof TV's, I would rather have a seatback selection like the other airlines. Small thing, but when stuck on a plane for 5 hours it's nice to have a selection. Would we use Sunwing again? For sure if going to the west side of Mexico. Planes were on time, boarding on time, great resort and good price. All in all, great holiday provided from Sunwing Vacations.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Cote Myriam    (Canada)

If you fly to Cuba, chances you will get a direct flight but if like us you are going to Mexico, chances you will stop somewhere in Cuba to let some passengers off. Lost a full day of vacation because of travel time. On return, they made us wait over an hour for our luggage (yes the airline is responsible for delivery of luggage). Even the Customs Agent waiting for us to show our customs cards was laughing and guessed we were with Sunwing. Never again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2015 by D Caston    (Canada)

After reading some of the reviews on here, I am starting to think there must be 2 Sunwing Airlines! We have flown Sunwing for years now and have had the pleasure of smooth flights and friendly staff. We have just recently returned from Cuba, on time with no issues yet again. I have flown WestJet and Air Canada and was treated like they (the staff) were doing me a favour by letting me be their customer. With Sunwing, I think it is really a nice touch that you get a warm towel, glass of champagne on departure, red or white wine with your meal and a milk chocolate bar upon arrival - all free! Cost you 6 bucks for a 3 day old sandwich on Air Canada! It was only recently that Sunwing stopped giving away headsets. We are indeed satisfied Sunwing passengers.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Brenda Kowaluk    (Canada)

We just returned from a 7 day vacation to Los Cabos. What was initially a direct flight turned into a 14 hour nightmare both ways. We left WPG (late) at 10 am, Jan 8th and did not arrive at our hotel until midnight. We left the resort at 10 am, Jan 15 and did not arrive in WPG until midnight. We paid for Elite Service each way and while we received it on the trip out, no one who booked elite seats were assigned them on the return flight. We were encouraged to book excursions in-flight for better pricing which turned out to be a bad idea because we could have received 3 for the price of 2 at the hotel. Had no representation at the airport - everyone was just told to call customer service, which we did, however, to date no one has bothered to return our call. Will definitely look for another airline next time we travel and we take a minimum of 2 each year. Horrible customer service. Someone should at least acknowledge your phone call or email.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2015 by T Wiebe    (Canada)

First off let me say I have flown many airlines including charter carriers. Sunwing was by far the worst experience I have had flying. Staff were extremely rude and unhelpful. On our outbound flight Edmonton to Varadero we had a stewardess ask us to move out of the walkway so she could get by-and by asking I mean in a snarly tone 'sir you need to move, I need to get past'. I replied back by saying 'give me one moment just getting my bag in the overhead bin' she ended up pushing her way past. Are they not there to assist us in helping the plane take off as scheduled and not be pushy. On our return flight - before even taking off you could here 2 of the attendants fighting with each other that there was not enough food on the flight to feed everyone - that is exactly what you want to hear after spending a week in Cuba! The aircraft's themselves are very small and cramped, even if you are shorter. Overall I would be willing to pay more to fly on a competitors flight to avoid traveling with Sunwing. I would not recommend it.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by G Simm    (Canada)

Booked a supposedly direct flight all Inclusive vacation to Los Cabos Mexico leaving Winnipeg Xmas day, returning on New Years day, Flight was changed 3 weeks before departure now leaving 3 hours later than originally scheduled, the return flight was changed to leaving 3 hours later again but we had to stop at Ixtapa to let people disembark and to embark a nightmare of a flight. We were on the plane for 8 long hours, very disappointed as the reason we booked with Sunwing was because of the convenient originally advertised flights. They know exactly what they are doing to maximize profits combining two flights and disrespecting their customers by only changing flights after booking. Never flying Sunwing again as they cannot be trusted.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by S Clucas    (Canada)

Our flights to Cuba and back were on time, the staff at the desk were very good and the plane crew were excellent. I am Celiac and called the airline office a few weeks before leaving to insure there would be a gluten free meal on board for me and was pleased to see it was taken care of. All in all, it was very good.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Robert Quesnel    (Canada)

Premium

I booked a trip from Ottawa to Cancun from December 8th to 12th. I was assured that this was a direct flight. 24 hours prior to us leaving I received a phone call from Sunwing informing us that we now have to stop in Cayo-Coco Cuba to offload some passengers. I was very upset with the agent and she informed me that they are allowed to do this as per the fine print on the agreement. We were told that it would only take 30 minutes and it was closer to an hour. The flight back is where this falls apart. We were scheduled to leave Cancun at 8.10pm when we arrived to check in we were informed that the flight will be delayed and that we are now leaving at 10.10pm. We were not informed by any Sunwing rep and the flight kept getting delayed more and more. Finally a Sunwing Rep spoke on the intercom and updated us that we would be leaving at 1.20am. We didn't leave Cancun until 3am. The Flight attendants were the most unprofessional I have met in all my years of travelling. I will never use Sunwing again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by A Deagle    (Canada)

My wife and I recently travelled with Sunwing to Cancun for a two week vacation. The flights to and from Cancuun consisted of rude staff, poor service and horrible food. When we arrived in Cancun it took SunWing 2 hours to arrange our transfer from the airport to our hotel, leaving us and a number of other guests who had young children standing on the curb for that time. Our return flight originating in Cancun was a disaster. During check-in, the agent informed us that we were over our baggage limit, which was not possible, as we were returning with the same bags with which we had arrived (no additional weight). When we explained to them at length that we had purchased an extra baggage allowance, and showed the receipt, they replied we did not, that we only had advanced seat selection and early boarding with our additional purchase. This was not the story we got either from the agent when booking, or at the Calgary airport agent during check in. They both stated that the package we bought included extra baggage. We ended up having to explain ourselves to the check in agent, the manager, and another customer service rep, but to no avail. We were told the only way we would be able to take our bags home was to pay an additional $100, or to take our bags and leave. We were given two options: either pay for the additional baggage, or take our bags and leave. Of course we ended up paying the baggage fee of $100, but we left feeling very disappointed in our choice of booking on SunWing, especially when we had other choices for this trip. We had made our decision to book with SunWing based in part on the additional baggage we would be allowed, but it is clear that the additional baggage offering is not what it appears to be. We will never book with Sunwing again and advise others to find other vacation providers. We travel frequently and have had some great experiences and some mediocre experiences, nothing we couldn't live with. But this experience is by far the worst and was worth taking the time to comment about.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Albert Crane    (Canada)

Travelled to Cuba, 30 Dec returned 13 Jan. No movie enroute plus no headsets to listen to, on return miscount of babies and were delayed almost an hour while recount was done. The smoked meat was horrible couldn't eat it. I had paid for the Elite plus package and the stewardess wanted $3 for the headset on the return because she had informed that they were not free anymore even after I had questioned it because I was entitled to them with the elite package and what first run movies. To make things worst I paid $200 extra for this package when a passenger sitting next to me had his family of five sitting in the preferred seats at no extra cost to him. If this isn't false advertisement what is.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  19 January 2015 by J Zerr    (Canada)

Travelled Jan 9 2015, flight WG320 to Santa Clara Cuba. 12 in my group, 6 of them children. I cannot say enough good things about Sunwing from the people who checked us in to aircraft crew. We flew economy and compared to many other airlines we've flown were treated wonderfully. One of our group was a nervous flyer, captain and crew went out of there way to make her comfortable. Champagne and juice, great. Not served on any other airline. Plastic glasses are great. People don't realize that china and glass isn't used on most airlines. Breakfast was served- again it's airline food and it was good. Gourmet dining, you'll have to pay a lot more for. Arrived in Cuba on time and had a wonderful vacation. Returned Jan 16, flight WG321. Again we were greeted by efficient, friendly attendants. Service on plane was again Wonderful. Flight home was great. I would recommend this airline. The staff from the gate to aircraft are friendly and professional, the airplane, cabin and toilets were very clean and well stocked.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Quesnel Marc    (Canada)

Absolutely worst airline service ever. Flight was delayed from 8pm to 3am because of weather and late flights, and we were sent to the airport and passed through customs only to be told that the flight was cancelled because the crew needed rest. We then had to pass through all the arrival procedures and security checks. We eventually arrived at another hotel at 4 in the morning and it took 2 hours to check in because there were 180 passengers and 3 clerks. Everyone got to bed at around 6am. The next morning the flight was set to leave at 6 pm, but none of the Sunwing representatives had any idea what was going on. After arriving the airport for the second time, the flight was constantly delayed by 10 minutes for reasons unknown to everyone. The flight ending up leaving 2 and a half hours later. When we arrived back in Canada, everyone thought this nightmare was over until we find out the baggage is locked into the plane because of a frozen door. We ended up having to wait an extra 2 hours for our luggage. Total delay time, 26 hours.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Jim Barraclough    (Canada)

We left Vancouver on Dec 31 and everything was fine except for the non working entertainment problem - the service was good and friendly. However on the return flight from Cancun Jan 7, after 3 gate changes we were en-route for Vancouver - tired, thirsty and most of our $ spent in the airport- after about 1/2 hour in the air the stewardess came around asking if anyone wanted to buy a bottle of water. Another 1/2 hour or so they came around with a comp glass of water (about 3 mouthfuls) and then they left again behind the curtain - they were fixing our food I guess. They ran out of one selection just after of our seat (10) then they came again - duty free sales. Finally they came and gave another half glass of water or pop. It seemed as though their priority was to sell everything we had already paid for. Why sell water on a flight where they are supposed to include it? The seats are cramped together and its a tight fit for anyone over 180 lbs to even sit in the seat. The seats themselves are probably the least comfortable I have ever flown on - and I have been in a lot of aircraft. If the lack of service that was displayed by these stewardess is any indication of Sunwing then I will never be back.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Herb Hummel    (Canada)

We booked a return flight from Montreal to Puerto Plata with Sunwing Airlines. Both flights were supposed to be direct flights. I booked the flight because of this reason only. 1 week before the departure we received an e-mail that we would fly to Punta Cana first and then back to Puerto Plata. Flight # WG428. Consequently I phoned Sunwing Airlines and also send an e-mail to their Customer Service pointing out that I paid for a direct flight. The customer service person answering the phone, told us in a not very pleasant way, that this is what Sunwing can do and it is in their conditions. The e-mail request didn't get answered at all. I pointed out that at time of booking I spoke with the reservation agent and was told it would be a direct flight. Additionally arriving in Punta Cana we had to leave the plane (which we were assured it wouldn't happen) and re-board. Instead of a 5 hour flight we needed 9 hours. If I add up the costs (we had to pay separate for everything), the customer service and the treatment in general, this was my last trip with Sunwing. I wouldn't recommend this airline at all.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by D Lukas    (Canada)

Travelled YYC-CUN return. Check in on both flights was quick as we had purchased the premium package. First flight was uneventful, although it took far too long to start service. Breakfast was disgusting though. The return flight was marginal. The washrooms ran out of water shortly into the flight. When I asked for another drink I was told quite rudely that meal service was starting in a few minutes so I'd have to wait. 30 minutes later with no sign of any meals I asked again and was told bluntly no I'd have to wait. It would be bad if they were a full service airline to get such an attitude, but for one who charges for drinks it's also pretty stupid. Not the biggest deal but wasn't a nice way to end our vacation. Everything else was fine, but only just. Unless they have a major sale I won't travel with them again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  11 January 2015 by T Dunphy    (Canada)

We arrived at the Edmonton Airport 2 hours prior to our flight with Sunwing to go to Cancun. We booked a $5000 package through Sunwing for our trip. The gate agent was outright rude, snappy and demanding. Apparently there were only 2 seats left next to each other in front of the emergency exit which do not recline which i found hard to believe. She set the tone for our experience with Sunwing. We arrived at the gate to find the flight delayed by 2.5 hours however she didn't bother mentioning that at check in. No Sunwing staff in sight. Other passengers waiting around complaining that this happens with Sunwing all the time. That lady working the gate the morning of January 5th 2015 should not be in a customer service role. Sure put a bad taste in our mouth when prior to that we were excited to go to Mexico.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Katelynn Sperling    (Canada)

I have travelled Sunwing twice (Cancun & Varadero) and have no complaints. Both times there was no delay getting to our location however when we were leaving Cuba out bus transfer was late and our plane was delayed by 1.5hrs. This was not the biggest issue since I love hanging out in airports and was in good company. The seats are not the best but I would say no worse then Air Canada or Westjet. I really enjoyed the hot towel you receive onboard. Food was so-so but we usually grab our own snacks and food before boarding.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Vincent Hian-Cheong    (Canada)

I booked a non-stop flight from PIE to Toronto. Instead, my flight has been delayed by 1hr and my arrival to Toronto has been delayed by more than 6 hours. What was a direct, 3 hour flight has now turned into a +6 hour, multi-layover flight. What kind of second tier airline is this? In addition to this, we haven't been notified of any compensation. I would not recommend this airline to anyone.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Pat Mitchell    (Canada)

Premium

WG547, 4th Nov. Returned on 18th, WG 548. Do not know where the pictures they have on TV are taken, but nothing like we experienced. Champagne was served (about 1 ounce in bottom of a little plastic glass). When questioned were told what do you expect for free. Staff were busy trying to sell tours or duty free for which they must get bonus as they did not care that travellers were looking for service. It was evident if not buying a tour or duty free we were seen as a nuisance. Seats were small, even when we paid for elite, we were put in regular seating, flights were changed to having a stop coming and going from Van to Calgary, so much for our direct flight to Hultuco. Best thing was the resort.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by P Snyder    (Canada)

Our package was to provide a non-stop flight to and from our vacation destination which was changed, without compensation, to include a stop on our return flight. After arriving at the originally unscheduled stop, we were told to disembark and remove all of our carry-on's from the plane. We were herded through pouring rain to an awaiting bus, deposited in a waiting area, then sent through a security check. This involved personal scans and a scan of all our carryon luggage. We were then queued back through the rain to our bus back to the plane where we waited in line, in the rain while passengers searched for their boarding passes required to re-enter the plan. What a disaster! I have never received such terrible service.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by P Lahey    (Canada)

Travelled from Ottawa to Varadero. Boarded the plane on time, and sat on the ground for additional 30 minutes while the announcement came that they were still loading baggage. Once in the air, the crew took their time getting the drink service going. 50 minutes into the 3.5 hours flight they encountered some turbulence and this continued off and on for 1.5 hours. Finally a rushed food service where they threw you a sandwich and cookies. 30 minutes before the plane landed they announced the waste system was full and the lavatories could no longer be used. Even though we spent 30 extra minutes on the ground because of baggage loading, no one thought to empty the toilets on the plane.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by M Michelle    (Canada)

Premium

I booked a vacation from Calgary to Varadero, Cuba leaving on Oct 30/14 and returning November 7/14. Flight was scheduled to depart at 7 am and I was advised we must be at the airport 3 hours in advance (4 am) as the check in counter closes 1 hour prior to departure. They also advise that you check your flight status before you leave for the airport to ensure there are no delays which I did right before I left home and the flight was "on time". I arrived at the airport as instructed to find a huge line up at the check in counter, however no Sunwing staff in sight. I again checked the flight status, and it was still saying "On Time". After waiting for an hour, and continuously checking the flight status, I attempted to contract the call center, which does not open until 6 am ironically. Eventually 2 hours later Sunwing staff showed up to check us in after waiting at the counter. When questioned as to why we were delayed, I was advised by a Sunwing employee "I don't know why they tell you to be here 3 hours in advance, we don't start work until 6 am". Finally we check in, rush through security, and board the plane. On the plane I found the flight attendants lazy, and rude. You had to request drinks, as well as snacks and after enough people started asking, they finally came around. On a 6 hour flight they only offered a tiny glass of pop/water to drink twice. If you asked for anything you received attitude. I found the breakfast sandwich to be decent however, although I may have just been that hungry as I missed my chance to eat anything before boarding due to the delay on the part of Sunwing. The seats are really uncomfortable and you have no room. The person in front reclined their seat and practically hit me with it. Their TV's are hard to see and movie choices were terrible. Finally made it to Varadero and thankfully the resort was great. On the way home, flight was on time, we actually watched it arrive and saw all the passengers deplane. Then again without any explanation were delayed with no Ssunwing staff around to advise when they would be boarding, or advise there was a delay. Overall the service was the same on the way back, The flight attendants were not attentive at all, and you had to ask for drinks. I normally fly Westjet, and I can say there is no comparison between the two. I am not a fan of Air Canada, but can safely say I would fly them no questions asked before I would ever fly Sunwing again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Verdon Stephane    (Canada)

Everything was good! Take off on time, free lunch and free glass of wine and the crew were kind! Same thing for the return journey! It was a 4 hr flight and everything was good. Low cost vacation so I am eager to book my next trip with Sunwing!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by S Vik    (Canada)

Edmonton-Las Vegas on Oct 30, 2014 and returned on November 2. Overall very happy with the Sunwing product. Sure the return flight time was not ideal (landing at 2 am on Monday morning but all things considered - solid product. I booked within 14 hours of departure and got a great deal. The planes are newer - 737 next gens and everything that comes along with that - the mood lighting, the overhead bins, the new plane feel. Sure there is no seat back TV, and seat size/recline a little less than some airlines, but for what Sunwing is and what they do, I think they do it well. Customer service was great, food was good (and inclusive), the tunes playing upon boarding and arrival over the speakers, and the flight deck announcements/updates gave it that appeal of flying (like it used to be 20 years ago). Everyone has to understand that yes, there could be delays and their routes can change last minute but the are a charter airline and do not have the fleet size as the majors.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Cassano Anna    (Canada)

Premium

Returning to Toronto from Varadero Cuba. Flight WG683 was supposed to leave from Varadero at 8.30 pm on Monday October 27, 2014 arriving to Toronto 11.55pm. We flew with Elite Plus. Our flight was delayed 4 hours, we were told at the last minute. We had to hang around the hotel dressed to leave. We did not get seated before everyone else as our flight going to Varadero, we had to stand in line with everyone else. We also did not get champagne service. Why did we pay elite plus? I was very disappointed.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Collins Ken    (Canada)

We went from Vancouver to Cancun on October 19th and we were about 25 min late leaving Vancouver but this was because air traffic control closed down some of the air space on the original flight path so that was not anyone's fault. I was very impressed with the hot towel service and the hot meal you get. Staff were very good at what they do. There is only one thing that needs major improvement and that is the inflight entertainment. On both our outbound and return flight they had several problems trying to get the movie to work properly and if you ask me they were too worried about trying to fix this issue when they should have been bringing around drinks for there customers. I understand that one of the things that is advertised is the movie but really all in all my only complaint is that I should have had water or pop a lot earlier than when I got it. I will definitely choose this airline again for our future travel.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by E Fitzgerald    (Canada)

We traveled from Halifax to Orlando in March. The line up for check in was long but this was due to a computer problem, took over an hour, flight left on time. The return flight was an 90 mins late leaving, seats are tight but overall trip was fine. We already have a trip booked with Sunwing to Florida for February 15. We are upgrading our seating this time. I have travel on many different airlines and this one is about average, good value for the money.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2014 by F Brooks    (Canada)

Premium

I travelled to Jamaica from Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014. We had read so many reviews about Sunwing (not many positive ones) before we left (but after we had already booked the trip) and were worried and dreaded the flight. Honestly, we worried for nothing. I realize other people have had horrible experiences, but we had nothing but positive experiences. Everyone from the counter staff, to the stewardesses and captains were nothing but courteous, friendly and kind. Anything we needed, they were more than happy to help with. The flight itself was on time, smooth and comfortable. They served champagne and hot sandwiches on board, and we got to see some new, decent movies onboard also. I can't say enough about my experience with them. I wouldn't hesitate to book with Sunwing again. I don't usually write reviews, but felt that they deserved a positive review amongst all the negative. I am a serious traveller and been to many places on a few different airlines. The level of service I experienced with Sunwing was literally 100x better than the experience I had when I went to NYC in May with another airline that I shall not name. I am pleased with every aspect of my first Sunwing experience.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Ada Sera    (Canada)

Premium

Take note! If you are planning a vacation with Sunwing, please think again. This charter airline is starting to get a bad reputation due to their continual delays getting people to their destination or home. We are in Puerto Vallarta and were supposed to go home today. Our flight has been delayed by 14 hours! Unacceptable, and never again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Gerry Lucas    (Canada)

After getting to Vancouver airport for a 7am flight we were informed that our flight was delayed and we would be leaving at 3pm. So off to a friends place we went seeing as we don't live in Vancouver and have a 19 month old with us. Upon returning to the airport we were told that it was delayed again to 5.45 and they gave us a $20 food credit to make up for it. After we finished lunch we walked back into the airport and on the departure listing our flight was delayed again this time 7.40 pm so now we have been waiting for over 12hr and have lost a day from our holiday. I will never travel with them again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Elena Panova    (Canada)

We just got back from our trip to Santa Clara, Cuba on 23-30th August 2014. Our airline was Sunwings. It was our first experience of flying with that company. When the departure from Toronto to Cuba got 3 hours delayed, we understood and waited patiently for out flight. Our vacation in Iberostar Ensenachos was absolutely amazing, but the flight back from Santa Maria to Toronto on 30th August was awful. The flight got delayed more than once, and the overall delay was over 9 hours. Moreover, that delay was during night time and all of us (with our children) spent all that time waiting with our luggage in the hotel lobby, bus station, and airport. Got home exhausted, frustrated and more tired than before the vacation. We recovered from that trip for two days, and the impression of the vacation was ruined due to the flight experience. Flying with Sunwings is a waste of money and energy. It was our first and last trip with Sunwings airlines.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Dale Samson    (Canada)

On Aug 28 2014 I booked a flight to St. John's, N.L. The flight was suppose to leave at 8.20am and arrive in St. John's at 12.50pm. The flight was delayed 6 hours! We didn't arrive until 7pm that evening. I was very disappointed that the airlines had no one there to tell us what was going on or that the flight was delayed, they should have shown some common courtesy by having someone to explain. Instead we stood in a line that wasn't moving, wondering, why it wasn't moving. We were told once we got to the desk. I was disgusted. I was to attend a wedding rehearsal and missed it so thank you very much!! I will not make this mistake again and booking a flight with this airlines. Oh but Thank you for the $14.00 food voucher that I did not use.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Patrick Madigin    (Canada)

We just returned from our first trip to Cuba. Our party consisted of 8 members including our two grandchildren ages 1 and 3. Our flight down on Aug 16/14 was delayed 4 hours supposedly as a result of an incident with a plane in Vancouver 36 hours previous? This caused us to arrive at the resort at 3am instead of 11pm as expected. Our return flight WG0305 on Aug 23/14 was also delayed 1.5 hours causing us to arrive back in Toronto at 3am clearing the airport by 4am. I found the communication at YYZ explaining the delay was non existent every time the delay was extended no one said anything. In Cuba the communication of the delay was again not communicated. The pilot indicated it was a result of other flights during the day being delayed thus resulting in our problem. Sunwing and advertise themselves as a family friendly vacation. I think they need to put more effort into improving the reliability of the flight times to allow young families to travel and arrive at a more reasonable time not force them to arrive at destinations well after expected times.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Tina Van Roon    (Canada)

July 19th 2014, flew to Cayo Santa Maria Cuba. At the airport our gate changed four times. We were supposed to be at our hotel by 10.30pm, arrived around 2am. Our stay at the hotel was great! No complaints. Now coming home, that is a different story. Found out our flight was going to be delayed by 5 hours, tried to talk to the Sunwing rep to get anther room because we had four children with us under the age of 8. They were no help and didn't care. We then went and talked to the hotel staff and they found us a room. We were now not supposed to be picked up until 10.30pm. It is an hour and half trip to the airport. We did not land until 7am in Toronto. All of us were up for over 24 hours. That was my first experience with them. Needless to say this is not a one time thing and will never fly with them again. Pay the extra and you will arrive to your vacation on time.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by C Moyle    (Canada)

Flew to Los Cabos, Dec 5 2013, stopped at Puerto Vallarta on the way down, and back. Returned to Toronto a week later. My vacation was ruined because I chose to use Sunwing. The lengthy layovers, baggage problems, their poor planning, terrible food and a tendency to do everything on the cheap, regardless of the impact on their passengers. I have never had such terrible food. It would be better just to dispense with meals altogether. The flight staff were so rude. All I asked for was one option that was more in accordance to my lactose reduced diet. They had run out and when I complained, I was told to be quiet. If you consider the amount of extra time you have to spend when travelling with them vs another airline, you will soon realize that the amount of time you lose beside the pool and your added aggravation, could easily offset the savings. Pay a bit more so that your period of relaxation is not filled with stress and frustration and consider the extra time you can spend at the resort.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by N de Jesus    (Canada)

July 31-Aug 8 2014. The flight was supposed to depart from Toronto at 5 pm arriving at 8.30 pm in Varadero, Cuba. First, it was delayed until 6.50 pm and then until 11.50 pm (although it took off later than that). The lady at the check-in counter said that there were "mechanical" issues. We accepted that things happen, but it wasn't easy for our 4 children to arrive at the Cuban hotel and go to bed at 6.30 am! On the way back, the shuttle bus was supposed to pick us up at the hotel at 6pm for a 9.30pm flight. We confirmed the flight was on time with our hotel Sunwing representative, at 4pm, and hurriedly showered to get ready for the bus. After waiting 45 minutes, in the lobby, for the bus, we checked with the front desk and were advised that the flight had been delayed by 3 hours, therefore the bus would be by at 9pm. Our Sunwing representative had said that any delays would be posted on his bulletin board, which is where we checked before 6pm, and it wasn't there. Apparently, the change came around 5.30pm, after he had left, but the staff didn't post it on his board, so we had no clue. We went to the lobby again at 9pm only to hear that our bus wasn't coming until 11pm - two more hours to wait in limbo. Eventually, the bus showed up, at almost 12am, and we departed at 3.30 am! Luckily, we live close to the airport and were in bed by 8.30 am. So what are the chances that the same airline would have "mechanical" issues again, a week later, and at the same time? Why keep delaying the flight every couple of hours? I'm sure they know more than 2 hours ahead of a flight. At least if we knew that we had all those hours to wait at the onset, we would have managed our time more efficiently, instead of sitting and waiting. It is bad enough to have over 6 hour delays on 3.5 hour flights, but when it starts to interfere with eating and sleeping patterns, then something has to be done! Unfortunately, it seems that our story is one of many and it doesn't seem to be changing anything with the way Sunwing runs its operation. This is a warning, from another unsatisfied family, to anyone who is considering a vacation with them, to really evaluate if saving a few dollars is worth the hassle, especially when travelling with children.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by D Fraser    (Canada)

Premium

Terrible airline. First and only time I will fly with them. Flight to Punta Cana delayed by a late pilot by 3 hours. Pushed our arrival to past 1am. No rep at the resort to help with schedules, just a binder. Consulted binder on return trip day. It said 5pm. No transfer arrived by 5.45pm. Worried I would miss my flight I took a $70 cab. At the airport there was no one from Sunwing. A very helpful Air Canada employee informed us of the delay, another 5 hours. No way to get through the gate to food or water. Originally due into to Pearson at 2am, arrived at 6am. Excuses from the crew was that they have been late for the last eight days and can't seem to make it up. My recommendation is they hire Air Canada to pickup their slack. I highly recommend that you don't fly this airline.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Marilyn Hamilton    (Canada)

Flight to Jamaica was fine, the return flight was a nightmare. Sunwing bus picked us up at hotel lobby at 6.25 am before breakfast was served. Arrived at Montego Bay airport at approximately 9.00 am, by the time we checked luggage, got through customs and walked across airport to terminal, we had only a few minutes to do some Duty Free shopping, then board the plane for 10.40 am, not enough time to eat. Once on the plane, we flew to Puerto Plata, waited an hour for people to exit and new people to board. At 4.00 pm, I informed the Stewardess that we haven not had an opportunity to eat, she blamed us for booking into the flight late, despite using their transportation. When they did serve food, they ran out by the time they got to us. We had two young kids with us, who did not get a proper meal until 9.00 pm. The Stewardess was extremely rude to both myself and my husband sitting in different rows in different conversations/situations.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Cynthia Hamilton    (Canada)

Premium

Travelled to Cayo Cocco, July 3rd 2014. All great except for check in at Toronto Pearson. I had paid $50 extra for the premium package. This gives priority boarding and check in. There is a woman employed by Sunwing that goes along check-in line checking tickets. She told me I was in the wrong line and was to go to the regular line or pay $40 dollars more to stay in the priority check-in line. I knew this was false as the same woman had done the exact thing to myself and my sister in April 2013. At that time I did not know the difference and paid another $50 on top of the $50 already paid. This latest episode by said employee was very embarrassing as she flat out told me loudly I was wrong and to move. I did not move and the girl at ticket desk apologized and assured me that I was indeed in the right line. So beware if you have purchased Premium package and someone tells you that you are not to be in the Premium\Elite Plus line and to pay more. I am travelling to Cuba again next month so it will be interesting to see if the same thing happens.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by R Wilson    (Canada)

Flew to Varadero Cuba from Calgary on July 3rd and returned July 17th. Flight, Inflight service, customer support, connections, excursions were all good, can't beat the value for your dollar!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by A Pieta    (Canada)

I traveled from Mexico Cancun on July 16 2014. Myself and my daughter had to check out of our hotel room at noon. Our flight back to Toronto WG 514 was supposed to be at 20.10 and pick up from the hotel at 16.45. When we went around 16.20 to check on our pick up bus to the airport we noticed the Flight Alert and delay from 20.10 to 23.59. In the addition on the alert notice was a mistake to the flight number and original time - mistake from the Sunwing representative. Anyway, we were picked up at 20.35 and driven to the airport. Our flight did not leave at midnight, what was already 4 hrs of delay, we left around 1 am. On the plane we were told that the flight crew was not to blame for this delay, that Sunwing is responsible for not scheduling our pick up from Cancun. The flight crew were working on their days off to get us to Toronto. Picking up the luggage took over an hour. The conveyer delivered a few suitcases and as we found out after a few travelers started to get very annoyed, tired, some with small children, the conveyer jammed. They brought the rest of bags on the carts. The whole time in Cancun was very relaxing but the trip back drained all of it out of us. It was my first time using Sunwing, next time I will try to avoid them.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by C Shaw    (Canada)

Vancouver to Toronto on June 22 red eye and returned on the Toronto to Vancouver 8.30 pm flight. Both flights were delayed. On the Van-TO I was told that they were waiting for a pilot to arrive and we waited 1.5 hours. When we finally boarded, although it was obviously a red eye, running from 10.30pm to arrive at 6am (original schedule), they did their best to keep us awake during the flight, by making loud announcements, keeping the lights on, and serving us sandwiches/pizza or drinks. On the TO-Van return, we were delayed 5 hours. When I checked in at 5pm I was told that they were waiting for a plane to arrive at 10pm, so the flight was delayed until 11pm. This time changed again, to 12.01 am and we finally left at 1.30 am. When the time stretched to a 5 hour delay, the only thing the airline offered was a $15 food voucher. The flight back was better for sleeping. This is truly a case of you get what you pay for. I will never fly Sunwing again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Knapp Sherry    (Canada)

I traveled with Sunwing June 17, 2014. The flight was a complete disaster. My flight was supposed to leave Pearson International at 5.15pm and arrive at Juan Gonzalez airport Varadero, Cuba at 8.45pm. The flight got delayed 6 hrs and there was not 1 single Sunwing rep at the gate to tell me what was going on. I left the gate and went to the Sunwing baggage check in, they had no idea why the flight was delayed. They gave me a measly $10 food voucher. Flight ended up leaving at 11pm and I did not get to my resort until 3am. Same on the way back, 2 hr delay getting home.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Kalavati Amin    (Canada)

Flew from Toronto, flight WG732 on June 20th going to Montego Bay. Coming back was WG 733 on June 27th. I booked a wheelchair and the service I received was excellent. Both ways the wheelchair was ready without delay. Our seats were booked both ways at the start of our trip to make it more convenient. This is consistent with our experience in past.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Marni Bell    (Canada)

Premium

Very disappointed with Sunwing all around. Booked a "direct" return flight (April 27 - May 9) Edmonton - Montego Bay. It turns out the advertised direct flight made a stop in Calgary to pick up more people and stopped on the way back as well to let people off. We paid the extra $$$ for Elite seating, yet those seats (1a and b) had no extra leg room and were not wider as stated for elite booking. The aircraft was very very old and so small that it could only offer "Bistro Service", in other words, sandwiches. The 10 hour return flight was brutally uncomfortable. Their customer service department could not care less when I wrote a complaint. Sunwing has lost our business for life.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Jerry Chieduch    (USA)

Premium

Our vacation from Edmonton, Al. to Santa Maria, Cuba - terrible, never again. Flight delayed 15 hrs! Sure they put us at the resort for an extra night but that meant 1.5 hr bus ride back and forth to the resort 4 times. On the return flight our so called breakfast was 2 dry pieces of bread, no butter, a slice of ham and pepperoni, slice of cheese and 2 cookies. This was served at 10.30am, no lunch and arrived at 3.30pm to Edmonton.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  6 June 2014 by S Marianna    (Canada)

After a wonderful flight to Varadero, Cuba on May 22 2014, my husband and I were disappointed on our return flight to Toronto on May 29th. Our flight was scheduled to return at 10.30pm, while at our hotel one of the other guests had received a travel alert that our flight was delayed until 12.05am. The Sunwing representative was nowhere to be located at the resort, and the hotel staff indicated that since they had not been advised of any changes, the bus was scheduled to picked returning guests at 7.00pm. Upon our arrival at the airport the flight indicated that it was on time at the regular scheduled departure, needless to say it was incorrect, and we were sitting at the airport over five hours with no explanation! Once on the flight no explanation due to the delay. If we wanted to fly on a red eye we would have booked one. We did not arrive home until 5.30am. Not good customer service by today's standards and expectations.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  4 June 2014 by Patrick Collins    (Canada)

We booked a trip to Cuba. We liked the fact they offered earlier flights going to Cuba and coming back. 3 times that week we had seen people stranded at the resort because of flight delays. Reason they said was mechanical delays. We didn't think anything until it was our turn to leave, the bus did not show up at the correct time to pick us up. When we checked out they phoned to find out where the bus was, told our flight was delayed until 11pm putting us in Toronto at 3.30 am in the morning. We were told mechanical problems again. When we get on the plane the pilot proceeds to tell us another story of why we were delayed. Personally I would avoid this airline.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  19 May 2014 by Kevin Cartier    (Canada)

I flew with Sunwing for the first time in January of this year. I was supposed to fly to Varadero, Cuba for five nights starting January 11th. My flight to Varadero was delayed a total of 7 times for a total of 23.5 hours. I missed out on 20% of my trip with zero compensation. I know it's January and the weather could be bad that time of year, but the weather that day was more like spring, no snow, no bad weather so I still don't know what all the delays were for. My flight from Cuba back to Ottawa was supposed to leave on January 16th at 8:15 PM : this flight was delayed until 5am the next morning. At 5am the next morning we were all waiting at the airport with no plane in sight. The plane arrived around 7am, not a single announcement to let travellers know what the delays were for - when we left Varadero shortly after 7:00am the departure monitor still said 5am (two hours in the past). After months of filling complaints with Sunwing the final result is that they game me a $50 voucher for one of my flights and a $100 voucher for my other flight. I also got a $50 voucher for filling out the customer satisfaction survey. Read the fine print and they have to be used within the next 8 months, their non-transferrable, they can't be redeemed for cash, they can't be used if there's any kind of sale on (Sunwing always has sales on) and I can only use 1 voucher per vacation. So the money I'll spend on one of their vacations with a voucher is way more than the money I'd spend if I just bought a vacation when it's on sale.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by M Matesic    (Canada)

Traveling with 3 small kids, we carefully selected flights that will work for them and not be disruptive to other passengers (day/morning flights). Sunwing cancelled our day flight and moved us to one night flight there and a red eye return. We NEVER would have booked a trip with our young family with those flights. When we called for help, the response was pretty much "we're a charter and don't care about our customers". The only solution they offered was for us to book another day with the hotel directly so our kids can nap in preparation for the red eye home at our own expense of course. We are now dreading the family vacation we saved so long for. Thanks Sunwing on behalf of my family and our fellow passengers who will be wondering why on earth we would take 3 children on a night flight and a red eye!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Mihai Gata    (Canada)

Flown YHZ (Halifax, Canada) to PIE (St. Petersburg, FL) on April 24 and return May 11 from MCO-YHZ. On the inbound to USA flight, we purchased Elite Plus class which gives you extra room and priority check-in plus extra luggage weight (52 lbs vs 44 lbs each person). The regular service is good enough and it seems more than generous so I am not sure if Elite Plus is necessary. Those extra few for the seating area are nice though. Check-in was fast and courteous and take off was on time. Onboard everyone is served free non-alcoholic beverages and a warm breakfast sandwich. Flight attendants were very friendly and attentive. Arrival in St. Petersburg was about 15 min earlier. The plane was in great shape and very clean. Sunwing has some of the newest planes in the industry (Boeing 737-800). Onboard entertainment is shown on small LCD screens dropping down from the ceiling. Normally, a recent DVD release will be shown and some other current US shows. Headphones are provided free of charge but are not the best in the world. Return flight to Canada on May 11 was equally impressive. Everything was on time, or a bit earlier, the flight crew was beyond nice, something you don't see too often nowadays. We were also served free non-alcoholic beverages and choice of warm sandwich or pizza. Last time I've got free warm food on a flight was when taking flights to Europe so this was a bit surprising and pleasant. From Canada, I've flown Air Canada and WestJet, but in my opinion Sunwing got them beat. The flight got into Halifax about 30 min earlier than scheduled. The price was very good compared to the competition and the service was great. I would definitely recommend Sunwing to anyone going to Florida or beyond.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by L Waters    (Canada)

Premium

Flights WG589 on 28th April and WG590 on 5th May. I have taken 3 trips to date with Sunwing, planning a fourth in September. I have never had a problem with this airline and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. We had a situation 2 weeks ago on a flight to Cancun where we had 3 wedding parties start the party early, one passenger even started smoking in the toilet! The cabin crew handled the situation well. I felt sorry for them. Delays happen, not always the fault of the airline. I usually pay for elite plus seats, makes a huge difference.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Michel Amyot    (Canada)

On April 22nd we (group of 4 passengers) took Sunwing from Montreal to Cancun. It took more than an hour to get our luggage! When we got back on May 6th, we had to drop passengers in Quebec City before getting to Montreal airport, a 6 hours flight instead of 4 hours and not a direct flight. Last time we took Sunwing, to Cancun, 7 years ago, we had a 12 hour delay for the departure and we had to travel during the night.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Jessie Reid    (Canada)

I was a passenger on flight WG511 departing from Pearson airport on March 15 2014. This flight was delayed 11 hours, 2 of which we were kept on the airplane while repairs were attempted. This was my third flight with Sunwing and I have never been treated so poorly during this delay. The communication to passengers was absolutely despicable, not to mention the treatment we received from airline staff while waiting for answers. We were left to frequently check the flight boards for any updates, which constantly changed throughout the day, leaving us with no real answers. The $15.00 meal voucher system was beyond unorganized. Lining 200+ people up waiting for these hand-written vouchers is unacceptable, and this happened twice during our delay. Upon boarding we were given a sheet with instructions on how to claim the loss of an entire day of our all inclusive vacation through insurance as well as a $75 voucher for our next Sunwing flight. The $75 voucher offered was unacceptable.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by B Williams    (Canada)

Travel to Florida in February 2014 and our flight was 2 hours late leaving Halifax and 2 hours late leaving Florida on the return. Tried Sunwing again in April of 2014 for a vacation to Cuba. Our flight was 3 hours late leaving Halifax and our flight was 3 hours late leaving Cuba. Never again will we fly with Sunwing.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Krista Riley    (Canada)

I have flown Sunwing 4 times. Twice they have been normal, if you are a tall person and need normal leg room do not fly Sunwing. They cramp you in like sardines. 2 bad experiences: Cancun: Our flight was 3.5 hours delayed, we were scheduled to leave at 0600, did not leave until 0930. When we got into Cancun we waited 1.5 hrs for luggage. 2nd time - En route to Varadero - our flight was delayed 13 hours out of London, all they gave us was a $15 meal voucher for the day. They later gave us $150 credit to book a trip at regular price with them - I would never fly with them again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2014 by L Poole    (Canada)

Returned from Varadero, Cuba yesterday. Flight delayed several hours. We were supposed to be picked up at the resort 1.30 am. However at 12.50 am we were advised our flight was delayed and we wouldn't be leaving the resort until 6.45 am. Back down to pick-up area - the Sunwing bus was late and didn't arrive until 8.30. No information on when the plane was actually leaving. When we arrived at the airport lines were ridiculous. We were in our third line-up for customs - at the back of another huge line-up when they announced our flight was boarding. Pushed our way to front of line - got yelled at incessantly but got through. We were supposed to arrive in Edmonton 9.50 am local time, we got home 3.30 pm. When arrived we discovered our friends luggage was left in Cuba. Not sure if we'll go back, our resort.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  5 May 2014 by M Stephens    (Canada)

My issue stems from what is essentially a bait and switch scheme used by the carrier. On September 28, 2013, I paid for a direct flight from Vancouver, BC to Huatulco, Mexico leaving March 18, 2014. On February 10, 2014, by email, the carrier changed the flight to include a stopover in Calgary effectively adding over three hours on the plane each way. Sunwings position is that I got a direct flight as I did not change planes in Calgary, and that what I was really looking for was a non-stop flight. Notwithstanding that from a travellers point of view, the difference in nomenclature is without distinction. It effectively says do not rely on Sunwings advertised flight schedules. I paid a premium price for a direct flight. I did not receive what I paid for.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2014 by B de Ridder    (Canada)

We were to leave Ottawa for Orlando on Feb 15 2014 at 6am, 11.5 hrs later we finally left. Technical difficulties with the plane, which we totally understand! But how we were treated was not acceptable. We were not kept aware at all what was going on. From status of plane, to when we were leaving, to finally no crew! I understand crew can only be there for a certain time length but when it was getting close why was the next crew not notified. But it took them 4+ hrs to get the crew there and then find out plane was not fixed at all, where as we had been told it was! Even dealing with Sunwing after we were back, they do not like to respond to emails, other than standard letters, that are not acceptable! We will not be using Sunwing again, nor will we ever recommend them.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  30 April 2014 by Billy Ho    (Canada)

April 11-18, Toronto to Holguin, Cuba. Flight WG388/WG389. Outbound flight was 10 minutes ahead of schedule, and inbound flight was 20 minutes ahead of schedule. Service was good. The crew worked very hard to make sure you enjoyed their service. Along with free wine and hot meal. Very happy with them, if schedule is OK will definitely fly with them again!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by George Hill    (Canada)

Flew to Cuba from Fredericton, food has gone donehill, this was our 7th and last trip to Cuba. Flight was late leaving Fredericton, 19th April and late arriving on 26th April. No communication to us while we were waiting to be picked up in Cuba. Pizza definitely not recommended. attendant informed us we should buy the "duty free" on the trip to Cuba, because the supplies would be gone on the return flight. So this was done, then much to our surprise, the Cuban security staff seized our "duty free" alcohol and said we could not even put it in our check in luggage on our way out of Cuba. We now have to declare what we are bringing into Cuba, gifts, cell phones all electrical devices we are carrying.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2014 by A Thomson    (Canada)

Premium

We flew from Toronto to Orlando and had a terrific flight! We paid the additional $15 for premium and had seat selection at the front of the plane, priority boarding and extra luggage weight up to 68lbs. Was definitely worth it! Flights were on time, flight attendants were very friendly and even the airplane food was decent. Highly recommend Sunwing, it was a great experience.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by A Laamanen    (Canada)

On a scheduled return flight from our vacation Sunwing's representatives never contacted us at the hotel to inform us that our flight was delayed. Their online site stated that the flight was on-time. When we arrived at the airport we waited for 3 hours to be told that they would not let us check in and no one was there. It wasn't until 17 hours later that our flight arrived. Horrible communication! No communication! Other passengers were informed to some degree but 30 of us were not. Would never fly Sunwing again or recommend airline to anyone.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by W Kaplinowski    (Canada)

I flew from Vancouver (Canada) to Cuba and back. Generally, Sunwings provides very poor service: the unfriendly cabin crew and airport check-in staff were inefficient and seemed to hate their jobs. The planes were very dirty. Sunwings is the airline to be avoided.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Rouleau Annick    (Canada)

Premium

The customer service is terrible both from the company and once onboard. The flight was on time but once ready for take off, they had to go back. The staff had fake smiles and the service was terrible. I was with my 73 year old mother and asked for water, the staff told me to wait and that that they would be serving lunch and she would get water then. The food was awful. Everything about this flight is cheap, even the earphones they give you don't work. We flew with Air Canada Rouge on the way back, 100 times better.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by N Shyshkin    (Canada)

YYZ-VRA-YYZ on a Boeing 737-800. Both flights were excellent with good over-head movie options. The airline provided sandwiches which were pretty good and had pleasant staff. Seats were a little small but bearable. Transportation to and from the resort offered by Sunwing Vacations was very appealing and took care of us very well.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by C Pike    (Canada)

We flew from Halifax to St Petersburg Florida return, this year. I was extremely nervous to fly this airline when I read some of the reviews but I have to say our experience was fine. The staff were friendly (for the most part). The bistro meals were a little disappointing. We were about 1/2 hour late going south and about 1 hr late heading home. No big deal. We were over weight and had to pay an extra $30 for the 3 kgs we were over. My only complaint is that for flights to somewhere other than an all inclusive, the weight should be increased. Overall, the experience with Sunwing was positive.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by C Makkinga    (Canada)

Christmas Day 2013,…flying to Cancun with my fiancé. Scheduled to arrive at 4.30pm, Dec 25th in Cancun.Actual arrival time: 3.30am, Dec 26th. Dec 25th, 7.45 am: Arrive at airport to find flight delayed from 10 am to 4.30 pm. Offered $15 food voucher for airport or a cab ride home - no explanation of why there was a delay. We got a hotel room at the airport. At 12.00 pm, the departure time changed again to 6.30 pm. At 2.00 pm, the departure time changed again to 8.50 pm, arriving in Cancun at 3.30 am, Dec 26th. Throughout the day, we tried calling Sunwing and received a busy signal every time. At 6.45 we left the hotel and made the 5 min walk to the check in desks to find no one at the desks, and nothing showing on the screens. At 7.30, a Sunwing agent arrives at the desk. We asked why the flight was delayed and why there was no one there to check us in and she wouldn't answer. Once checked in, we head to the gate and it is announced on the overhead speaker that Sunwing will be offering a $75 travel voucher per person for the delay. This is so distasteful considering we paid $442 per day per person for the vacation. Once onboard, the pilot came out to make the announcement that they did not have a flight crew. He offered our first drink on him and first wine is always free anyway. We waited just over 2 hours for the first drink/snack cart to come around so thankfully we had brought our own drinks and snacks. That was the only time they came around. Arrived at Cancun airport at 3.30 am and as expected there was only one customs agent working. Our flight home luckily wasn't quite as bad. We only had to change gates because the wrong one was listed on our ticket, wait in the hot hallway for 20 minutes after going through the gate because the planing process was so inefficient and took off 35 minutes late. We should have known not to fly with them again but we thought it a normal delay, not a regular occurrence.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Jody Charbonneau    (Canada)

Took Sunwing to Cuba, March 21 and returned March 28. Was a little worried because of all the bad reviews I read before hand but I was pleasantly surprised. Flight was on time, had good food and champagne on the way there, took the VIP on the way back which was worth the 25 extra dollars, got to sit in an air conditioning room with free drinks and food. All in all had a good experience and I will fly with them again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Northey Justine    (Canada)

Premium

My fiancé and I were booked to fly to Cayo Santa Maria (CUBA) February 6-13, 2014. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 6.10am. Upon arriving at the airport at 4.30am, we quickly noticed that the line up was very long. When we finally got to the check-in desk, they asked us where we were headed, we replied Cayo Santa Maria. We advised her that we had checked in online already and we just needed to print our boarding passes. She took our baggage and weighed it. Right before she was about to send it off, a rude manager from the back came and just yelled out "gates to Santa Clara are closed". We were so shocked because it was only 4.55am at that time. We told them the plane would just be sitting there, we could still make it. The rep simply told us "please step aside, we need to assist other passengers". We found out there were 6 other passengers with us that was left behind. They told us to go to all the other airlines and check if they have open seats and that we are liable for it. Long story short, we had to purchase another package for the next morning with same flight time. We knew they were lying to us because we did not board the plane until 5.58am. Please do yourself a favour and pay that extra bucks to avoid any hassle with these unprofessional company.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Josh Berger    (Canada)

Premium

Winnipeg-Cancun/Cancun-Winnipeg. Flight was excellent, the food was good and fresh! Both flights were exactly on time! The crew were decent and good enough! The movies they showed were both pretty good and the seats were excellent! Will fly Sunwing again!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2014 by A Schreiner    (Canada)

Flew from Vancouver to Los Cabos on March 24. Flight was good, cabin crew was excellent and no complaints.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by V Lewis    (Canada)

After a complete disaster of a trip with Sunwing in January, I have finally heard back from them regarding my complaint and the best they could do is recite a few paragraphs from the terms and conditions. Our flight was re- routed to Cuba plus we were 5 hours late in leaving to begin with. We didn't get to Cancun until after midnight! On the way home they did it again as we went through Cuba and didn't arrive home until after midnight. So that was 2 days of our 7 day vacation gone! And all they said was sorry but that's what you signed up for.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by J Preeper    (Canada)

Premium

I was wondering why Sunwing would put small children in elite class to fill seats that were not paid for. I paid for my son and myself but when I find out 3 kids along with their parents were upgraded to fill the seats. Maybe adults would be better to fill the seats to keep people paying for the service. I have never seen so many people up moving around elite class to use the washroom at the front of the plane. Flight crew were great, maybe a little more consideration for the paying elite both ways.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Frank Cameron    (Canada)

My wife and I travelled to the Dominican Republic in February. The flight was an hour late (weather) but it was uneventful. The food was good and the crew were helpful. However, there's no legroom. I thought Air Transat and Canjet were bad for legroom (Canjet is the worst) but you seem to think that people over five feet tall can get by with the same leg room as shorter people. The 737 is a wonderful aircraft but when you stuff it full of people one can only conclude that corporate greed trumps creature comfort. I'll be sticking with West Jet and Air Canada and I can hardly wait for Porter to get their jets so we can be comfortable on our flights to the Dominican Republic or Cuba or anywhere else for that matter. I understand you charge a premium for extra leg room.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2014 by L Beaulne    (Canada)

I'm a horrible flyer, the slightest turbulence puts me in a panic so I often rely on the comforting faces of the cabin crew. We flew from North-bay via Ottawa to Cuba. To my surprise we were offered Champagne, then a meal with beverages, and ice-cream. What I really appreciated about this flight was the pilot constantly updated passengers eg: 'Clear skies up ahead, if you look to your left you can see Florida Keys etc'. We had no delays.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2014 by R Smith    (Canada)

March 12 - 19th 2014, flights 587 going and 588 returning. We flew from Edmonton to Cancun and return. We experienced some turbulence going and the pilot did all he could to make sure we had a pleasurable flight. The flight home was excellent and half an hour early! The cabin crew were very pleasant and always busy. Our flights were on time. All in all, it was a positive experience.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2014 by Neil Byers    (Canada)

My wife and I have gone on trips on Sunwing before but never again. We were on flight 338 in January this year. They messed up our reservations from first class to economy class, we landed at another airport, sat on the runway for 2hrs, were then put in the airport for 9hrs but did not go through customs (so we could not leave the airport) then taken to a resort (not ours) for 3hrs then back to the airport to wait another 5hrs. We lost 24hrs.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by A Belle    (Canada)

Premium

We returned yesterday from Toronto to Panama. I was worried reading some reviews, but the service and overall experience was excellent! First rate movies (free headphones), champagne, food was good, snacks, smooth flight experience. The staff were humorous and helpful, the plane was beautiful (albeit we could tell it was "new") and everything was on time.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Marsha Reid    (Canada)

We flew from Sault Ste Marie to Varadero Cuba, with one stop in Hamilton to load passengers on March 5th. All went very well. Only a short delay on our return March 12th due to nasty weather in Hamilton. This was our first time flying Sunwing and will not be our last.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by G Grant    (Canada)

Very disappointed with my flight with Sunwing. Left Cayo Coca (CCC) on March 27, flight 601. I paid the extra $$$ for elite and was seated first row a,b,c. No extra leg room and no extra wide seating as is stated for elite booking. Will never fly Sunwing again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by L Letain    (Canada)

Premium

March 6, 2014 and March 13, 2014. Winnipeg to Los Cabos Mexico, return flight good, cabin staff friendly and helpful although pilot a little hard to understand (WG494) and half an hour early. The flight to Cabo was different, the cabin crew was almost lazy and personal conversations seemed to be a priority (WG493). We arrived early but after a rough flight due to turbulence. Elite plus is a joke, sitting in row one but my carry on is in row four, luggage out first in Cabo but in Winnipeg different story. Wake up Sunwing and address some of these simple issues!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Bourgeois Lisa    (Canada)

March 5th 2014 from Ottawa Canada to Cuba, WG 630. They announced that the flight was going to be delayed 1 hour, no explanation why. They started boarding and we took off only 1/2 hour late. There were 6 of us, 2 were seated together and remaining 4 were put in aisle seats side by side. On the way back from Cuba on March 12th 2014, WG 631 we were slow going through immigration, no fault of Sunwing. Finally arrived to our plane at 10.35am, the doors immediately closed and the plane took off 5 minutes later, 20 minutes earlier than expected. The 6 of us were pretty much split up by 2 each, seating my 12 old daughter by herself behind us. Overall the staff were great, very friendly and approachable. The food served was pretty good, considering most airlines don't offer meal service for free. It was comparable to meals we've had to purchase on other airlines.