Sunwing Airlines Passenger Reviews and Sunwing Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by C Shaw    (Canada)

Vancouver to Toronto on June 22 red eye and returned on the Toronto to Vancouver 8.30 pm flight. Both flights were delayed. On the Van-TO I was told that they were waiting for a pilot to arrive and we waited 1.5 hours. When we finally boarded, although it was obviously a red eye, running from 10.30pm to arrive at 6am (original schedule), they did their best to keep us awake during the flight, by making loud announcements, keeping the lights on, and serving us sandwiches/pizza or drinks. On the TO-Van return, we were delayed 5 hours. When I checked in at 5pm I was told that they were waiting for a plane to arrive at 10pm, so the flight was delayed until 11pm. This time changed again, to 12.01 am and we finally left at 1.30 am. When the time stretched to a 5 hour delay, the only thing the airline offered was a $15 food voucher. The flight back was better for sleeping. This is truly a case of you get what you pay for. I will never fly Sunwing again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Knapp Sherry    (Canada)

I traveled with Sunwing June 17, 2014. The flight was a complete disaster. My flight was supposed to leave Pearson International at 5.15pm and arrive at Juan Gonzalez airport Varadero, Cuba at 8.45pm. The flight got delayed 6 hrs and there was not 1 single Sunwing rep at the gate to tell me what was going on. I left the gate and went to the Sunwing baggage check in, they had no idea why the flight was delayed. They gave me a measly $10 food voucher. Flight ended up leaving at 11pm and I did not get to my resort until 3am. Same on the way back, 2 hr delay getting home.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Kalavati Amin    (Canada)

Flew from Toronto, flight WG732 on June 20th going to Montego Bay. Coming back was WG 733 on June 27th. I booked a wheelchair and the service I received was excellent. Both ways the wheelchair was ready without delay. Our seats were booked both ways at the start of our trip to make it more convenient. This is consistent with our experience in past.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2014 by Marni Bell    (Canada)

Premium

Very disappointed with Sunwing all around. Booked a "direct" return flight (April 27 - May 9) Edmonton - Montego Bay. It turns out the advertised direct flight made a stop in Calgary to pick up more people and stopped on the way back as well to let people off. We paid the extra $$$ for Elite seating, yet those seats (1a and b) had no extra leg room and were not wider as stated for elite booking. The aircraft was very very old and so small that it could only offer "Bistro Service", in other words, sandwiches. The 10 hour return flight was brutally uncomfortable. Their customer service department could not care less when I wrote a complaint. Sunwing has lost our business for life.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Jerry Chieduch    (USA)

Premium

Our vacation from Edmonton, Al. to Santa Maria, Cuba - terrible, never again. Flight delayed 15 hrs! Sure they put us at the resort for an extra night but that meant 1.5 hr bus ride back and forth to the resort 4 times. On the return flight our so called breakfast was 2 dry pieces of bread, no butter, a slice of ham and pepperoni, slice of cheese and 2 cookies. This was served at 10.30am, no lunch and arrived at 3.30pm to Edmonton.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  6 June 2014 by S Marianna    (Canada)

After a wonderful flight to Varadero, Cuba on May 22 2014, my husband and I were disappointed on our return flight to Toronto on May 29th. Our flight was scheduled to return at 10.30pm, while at our hotel one of the other guests had received a travel alert that our flight was delayed until 12.05am. The Sunwing representative was nowhere to be located at the resort, and the hotel staff indicated that since they had not been advised of any changes, the bus was scheduled to picked returning guests at 7.00pm. Upon our arrival at the airport the flight indicated that it was on time at the regular scheduled departure, needless to say it was incorrect, and we were sitting at the airport over five hours with no explanation! Once on the flight no explanation due to the delay. If we wanted to fly on a red eye we would have booked one. We did not arrive home until 5.30am. Not good customer service by today's standards and expectations.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  4 June 2014 by Patrick Collins    (Canada)

We booked a trip to Cuba. We liked the fact they offered earlier flights going to Cuba and coming back. 3 times that week we had seen people stranded at the resort because of flight delays. Reason they said was mechanical delays. We didn't think anything until it was our turn to leave, the bus did not show up at the correct time to pick us up. When we checked out they phoned to find out where the bus was, told our flight was delayed until 11pm putting us in Toronto at 3.30 am in the morning. We were told mechanical problems again. When we get on the plane the pilot proceeds to tell us another story of why we were delayed. Personally I would avoid this airline.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  19 May 2014 by Kevin Cartier    (Canada)

I flew with Sunwing for the first time in January of this year. I was supposed to fly to Varadero, Cuba for five nights starting January 11th. My flight to Varadero was delayed a total of 7 times for a total of 23.5 hours. I missed out on 20% of my trip with zero compensation. I know it's January and the weather could be bad that time of year, but the weather that day was more like spring, no snow, no bad weather so I still don't know what all the delays were for. My flight from Cuba back to Ottawa was supposed to leave on January 16th at 8:15 PM : this flight was delayed until 5am the next morning. At 5am the next morning we were all waiting at the airport with no plane in sight. The plane arrived around 7am, not a single announcement to let travellers know what the delays were for - when we left Varadero shortly after 7:00am the departure monitor still said 5am (two hours in the past). After months of filling complaints with Sunwing the final result is that they game me a $50 voucher for one of my flights and a $100 voucher for my other flight. I also got a $50 voucher for filling out the customer satisfaction survey. Read the fine print and they have to be used within the next 8 months, their non-transferrable, they can't be redeemed for cash, they can't be used if there's any kind of sale on (Sunwing always has sales on) and I can only use 1 voucher per vacation. So the money I'll spend on one of their vacations with a voucher is way more than the money I'd spend if I just bought a vacation when it's on sale.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by M Matesic    (Canada)

Traveling with 3 small kids, we carefully selected flights that will work for them and not be disruptive to other passengers (day/morning flights). Sunwing cancelled our day flight and moved us to one night flight there and a red eye return. We NEVER would have booked a trip with our young family with those flights. When we called for help, the response was pretty much "we're a charter and don't care about our customers". The only solution they offered was for us to book another day with the hotel directly so our kids can nap in preparation for the red eye home at our own expense of course. We are now dreading the family vacation we saved so long for. Thanks Sunwing on behalf of my family and our fellow passengers who will be wondering why on earth we would take 3 children on a night flight and a red eye!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Mihai Gata    (Canada)

Flown YHZ (Halifax, Canada) to PIE (St. Petersburg, FL) on April 24 and return May 11 from MCO-YHZ. On the inbound to USA flight, we purchased Elite Plus class which gives you extra room and priority check-in plus extra luggage weight (52 lbs vs 44 lbs each person). The regular service is good enough and it seems more than generous so I am not sure if Elite Plus is necessary. Those extra few for the seating area are nice though. Check-in was fast and courteous and take off was on time. Onboard everyone is served free non-alcoholic beverages and a warm breakfast sandwich. Flight attendants were very friendly and attentive. Arrival in St. Petersburg was about 15 min earlier. The plane was in great shape and very clean. Sunwing has some of the newest planes in the industry (Boeing 737-800). Onboard entertainment is shown on small LCD screens dropping down from the ceiling. Normally, a recent DVD release will be shown and some other current US shows. Headphones are provided free of charge but are not the best in the world. Return flight to Canada on May 11 was equally impressive. Everything was on time, or a bit earlier, the flight crew was beyond nice, something you don't see too often nowadays. We were also served free non-alcoholic beverages and choice of warm sandwich or pizza. Last time I've got free warm food on a flight was when taking flights to Europe so this was a bit surprising and pleasant. From Canada, I've flown Air Canada and WestJet, but in my opinion Sunwing got them beat. The flight got into Halifax about 30 min earlier than scheduled. The price was very good compared to the competition and the service was great. I would definitely recommend Sunwing to anyone going to Florida or beyond.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by L Waters    (Canada)

Premium

Flights WG589 on 28th April and WG590 on 5th May. I have taken 3 trips to date with Sunwing, planning a fourth in September. I have never had a problem with this airline and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. We had a situation 2 weeks ago on a flight to Cancun where we had 3 wedding parties start the party early, one passenger even started smoking in the toilet! The cabin crew handled the situation well. I felt sorry for them. Delays happen, not always the fault of the airline. I usually pay for elite plus seats, makes a huge difference.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Michel Amyot    (Canada)

On April 22nd we (group of 4 passengers) took Sunwing from Montreal to Cancun. It took more than an hour to get our luggage! When we got back on May 6th, we had to drop passengers in Quebec City before getting to Montreal airport, a 6 hours flight instead of 4 hours and not a direct flight. Last time we took Sunwing, to Cancun, 7 years ago, we had a 12 hour delay for the departure and we had to travel during the night.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Jessie Reid    (Canada)

I was a passenger on flight WG511 departing from Pearson airport on March 15 2014. This flight was delayed 11 hours, 2 of which we were kept on the airplane while repairs were attempted. This was my third flight with Sunwing and I have never been treated so poorly during this delay. The communication to passengers was absolutely despicable, not to mention the treatment we received from airline staff while waiting for answers. We were left to frequently check the flight boards for any updates, which constantly changed throughout the day, leaving us with no real answers. The $15.00 meal voucher system was beyond unorganized. Lining 200+ people up waiting for these hand-written vouchers is unacceptable, and this happened twice during our delay. Upon boarding we were given a sheet with instructions on how to claim the loss of an entire day of our all inclusive vacation through insurance as well as a $75 voucher for our next Sunwing flight. The $75 voucher offered was unacceptable.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by B Williams    (Canada)

Travel to Florida in February 2014 and our flight was 2 hours late leaving Halifax and 2 hours late leaving Florida on the return. Tried Sunwing again in April of 2014 for a vacation to Cuba. Our flight was 3 hours late leaving Halifax and our flight was 3 hours late leaving Cuba. Never again will we fly with Sunwing.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Krista Riley    (Canada)

I have flown Sunwing 4 times. Twice they have been normal, if you are a tall person and need normal leg room do not fly Sunwing. They cramp you in like sardines. 2 bad experiences: Cancun: Our flight was 3.5 hours delayed, we were scheduled to leave at 0600, did not leave until 0930. When we got into Cancun we waited 1.5 hrs for luggage. 2nd time - En route to Varadero - our flight was delayed 13 hours out of London, all they gave us was a $15 meal voucher for the day. They later gave us $150 credit to book a trip at regular price with them - I would never fly with them again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  6 May 2014 by L Poole    (Canada)

Returned from Varadero, Cuba yesterday. Flight delayed several hours. We were supposed to be picked up at the resort 1.30 am. However at 12.50 am we were advised our flight was delayed and we wouldn't be leaving the resort until 6.45 am. Back down to pick-up area - the Sunwing bus was late and didn't arrive until 8.30. No information on when the plane was actually leaving. When we arrived at the airport lines were ridiculous. We were in our third line-up for customs - at the back of another huge line-up when they announced our flight was boarding. Pushed our way to front of line - got yelled at incessantly but got through. We were supposed to arrive in Edmonton 9.50 am local time, we got home 3.30 pm. When arrived we discovered our friends luggage was left in Cuba. Not sure if we'll go back, our resort.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  5 May 2014 by M Stephens    (Canada)

My issue stems from what is essentially a bait and switch scheme used by the carrier. On September 28, 2013, I paid for a direct flight from Vancouver, BC to Huatulco, Mexico leaving March 18, 2014. On February 10, 2014, by email, the carrier changed the flight to include a stopover in Calgary effectively adding over three hours on the plane each way. Sunwings position is that I got a direct flight as I did not change planes in Calgary, and that what I was really looking for was a non-stop flight. Notwithstanding that from a travellers point of view, the difference in nomenclature is without distinction. It effectively says do not rely on Sunwings advertised flight schedules. I paid a premium price for a direct flight. I did not receive what I paid for.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2014 by B de Ridder    (Canada)

We were to leave Ottawa for Orlando on Feb 15 2014 at 6am, 11.5 hrs later we finally left. Technical difficulties with the plane, which we totally understand! But how we were treated was not acceptable. We were not kept aware at all what was going on. From status of plane, to when we were leaving, to finally no crew! I understand crew can only be there for a certain time length but when it was getting close why was the next crew not notified. But it took them 4+ hrs to get the crew there and then find out plane was not fixed at all, where as we had been told it was! Even dealing with Sunwing after we were back, they do not like to respond to emails, other than standard letters, that are not acceptable! We will not be using Sunwing again, nor will we ever recommend them.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  30 April 2014 by Billy Ho    (Canada)

April 11-18, Toronto to Holguin, Cuba. Flight WG388/WG389. Outbound flight was 10 minutes ahead of schedule, and inbound flight was 20 minutes ahead of schedule. Service was good. The crew worked very hard to make sure you enjoyed their service. Along with free wine and hot meal. Very happy with them, if schedule is OK will definitely fly with them again!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by George Hill    (Canada)

Flew to Cuba from Fredericton, food has gone donehill, this was our 7th and last trip to Cuba. Flight was late leaving Fredericton, 19th April and late arriving on 26th April. No communication to us while we were waiting to be picked up in Cuba. Pizza definitely not recommended. attendant informed us we should buy the "duty free" on the trip to Cuba, because the supplies would be gone on the return flight. So this was done, then much to our surprise, the Cuban security staff seized our "duty free" alcohol and said we could not even put it in our check in luggage on our way out of Cuba. We now have to declare what we are bringing into Cuba, gifts, cell phones all electrical devices we are carrying.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2014 by A Thomson    (Canada)

Premium

We flew from Toronto to Orlando and had a terrific flight! We paid the additional $15 for premium and had seat selection at the front of the plane, priority boarding and extra luggage weight up to 68lbs. Was definitely worth it! Flights were on time, flight attendants were very friendly and even the airplane food was decent. Highly recommend Sunwing, it was a great experience.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by A Laamanen    (Canada)

On a scheduled return flight from our vacation Sunwing's representatives never contacted us at the hotel to inform us that our flight was delayed. Their online site stated that the flight was on-time. When we arrived at the airport we waited for 3 hours to be told that they would not let us check in and no one was there. It wasn't until 17 hours later that our flight arrived. Horrible communication! No communication! Other passengers were informed to some degree but 30 of us were not. Would never fly Sunwing again or recommend airline to anyone.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by W Kaplinowski    (Canada)

I flew from Vancouver (Canada) to Cuba and back. Generally, Sunwings provides very poor service: the unfriendly cabin crew and airport check-in staff were inefficient and seemed to hate their jobs. The planes were very dirty. Sunwings is the airline to be avoided.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Rouleau Annick    (Canada)

Premium

The customer service is terrible both from the company and once onboard. The flight was on time but once ready for take off, they had to go back. The staff had fake smiles and the service was terrible. I was with my 73 year old mother and asked for water, the staff told me to wait and that that they would be serving lunch and she would get water then. The food was awful. Everything about this flight is cheap, even the earphones they give you don't work. We flew with Air Canada Rouge on the way back, 100 times better.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by N Shyshkin    (Canada)

YYZ-VRA-YYZ on a Boeing 737-800. Both flights were excellent with good over-head movie options. The airline provided sandwiches which were pretty good and had pleasant staff. Seats were a little small but bearable. Transportation to and from the resort offered by Sunwing Vacations was very appealing and took care of us very well.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by C Pike    (Canada)

We flew from Halifax to St Petersburg Florida return, this year. I was extremely nervous to fly this airline when I read some of the reviews but I have to say our experience was fine. The staff were friendly (for the most part). The bistro meals were a little disappointing. We were about 1/2 hour late going south and about 1 hr late heading home. No big deal. We were over weight and had to pay an extra $30 for the 3 kgs we were over. My only complaint is that for flights to somewhere other than an all inclusive, the weight should be increased. Overall, the experience with Sunwing was positive.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  8 April 2014 by C Makkinga    (Canada)

Christmas Day 2013,…flying to Cancun with my fiancé. Scheduled to arrive at 4.30pm, Dec 25th in Cancun.Actual arrival time: 3.30am, Dec 26th. Dec 25th, 7.45 am: Arrive at airport to find flight delayed from 10 am to 4.30 pm. Offered $15 food voucher for airport or a cab ride home - no explanation of why there was a delay. We got a hotel room at the airport. At 12.00 pm, the departure time changed again to 6.30 pm. At 2.00 pm, the departure time changed again to 8.50 pm, arriving in Cancun at 3.30 am, Dec 26th. Throughout the day, we tried calling Sunwing and received a busy signal every time. At 6.45 we left the hotel and made the 5 min walk to the check in desks to find no one at the desks, and nothing showing on the screens. At 7.30, a Sunwing agent arrives at the desk. We asked why the flight was delayed and why there was no one there to check us in and she wouldn't answer. Once checked in, we head to the gate and it is announced on the overhead speaker that Sunwing will be offering a $75 travel voucher per person for the delay. This is so distasteful considering we paid $442 per day per person for the vacation. Once onboard, the pilot came out to make the announcement that they did not have a flight crew. He offered our first drink on him and first wine is always free anyway. We waited just over 2 hours for the first drink/snack cart to come around so thankfully we had brought our own drinks and snacks. That was the only time they came around. Arrived at Cancun airport at 3.30 am and as expected there was only one customs agent working. Our flight home luckily wasn't quite as bad. We only had to change gates because the wrong one was listed on our ticket, wait in the hot hallway for 20 minutes after going through the gate because the planing process was so inefficient and took off 35 minutes late. We should have known not to fly with them again but we thought it a normal delay, not a regular occurrence.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Jody Charbonneau    (Canada)

Took Sunwing to Cuba, March 21 and returned March 28. Was a little worried because of all the bad reviews I read before hand but I was pleasantly surprised. Flight was on time, had good food and champagne on the way there, took the VIP on the way back which was worth the 25 extra dollars, got to sit in an air conditioning room with free drinks and food. All in all had a good experience and I will fly with them again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Northey Justine    (Canada)

Premium

My fiancé and I were booked to fly to Cayo Santa Maria (CUBA) February 6-13, 2014. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 6.10am. Upon arriving at the airport at 4.30am, we quickly noticed that the line up was very long. When we finally got to the check-in desk, they asked us where we were headed, we replied Cayo Santa Maria. We advised her that we had checked in online already and we just needed to print our boarding passes. She took our baggage and weighed it. Right before she was about to send it off, a rude manager from the back came and just yelled out "gates to Santa Clara are closed". We were so shocked because it was only 4.55am at that time. We told them the plane would just be sitting there, we could still make it. The rep simply told us "please step aside, we need to assist other passengers". We found out there were 6 other passengers with us that was left behind. They told us to go to all the other airlines and check if they have open seats and that we are liable for it. Long story short, we had to purchase another package for the next morning with same flight time. We knew they were lying to us because we did not board the plane until 5.58am. Please do yourself a favour and pay that extra bucks to avoid any hassle with these unprofessional company.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Josh Berger    (Canada)

Premium

Winnipeg-Cancun/Cancun-Winnipeg. Flight was excellent, the food was good and fresh! Both flights were exactly on time! The crew were decent and good enough! The movies they showed were both pretty good and the seats were excellent! Will fly Sunwing again!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2014 by A Schreiner    (Canada)

Flew from Vancouver to Los Cabos on March 24. Flight was good, cabin crew was excellent and no complaints.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by V Lewis    (Canada)

After a complete disaster of a trip with Sunwing in January, I have finally heard back from them regarding my complaint and the best they could do is recite a few paragraphs from the terms and conditions. Our flight was re- routed to Cuba plus we were 5 hours late in leaving to begin with. We didn't get to Cancun until after midnight! On the way home they did it again as we went through Cuba and didn't arrive home until after midnight. So that was 2 days of our 7 day vacation gone! And all they said was sorry but that's what you signed up for.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by J Preeper    (Canada)

Premium

I was wondering why Sunwing would put small children in elite class to fill seats that were not paid for. I paid for my son and myself but when I find out 3 kids along with their parents were upgraded to fill the seats. Maybe adults would be better to fill the seats to keep people paying for the service. I have never seen so many people up moving around elite class to use the washroom at the front of the plane. Flight crew were great, maybe a little more consideration for the paying elite both ways.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Frank Cameron    (Canada)

My wife and I travelled to the Dominican Republic in February. The flight was an hour late (weather) but it was uneventful. The food was good and the crew were helpful. However, there's no legroom. I thought Air Transat and Canjet were bad for legroom (Canjet is the worst) but you seem to think that people over five feet tall can get by with the same leg room as shorter people. The 737 is a wonderful aircraft but when you stuff it full of people one can only conclude that corporate greed trumps creature comfort. I'll be sticking with West Jet and Air Canada and I can hardly wait for Porter to get their jets so we can be comfortable on our flights to the Dominican Republic or Cuba or anywhere else for that matter. I understand you charge a premium for extra leg room.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2014 by L Beaulne    (Canada)

I'm a horrible flyer, the slightest turbulence puts me in a panic so I often rely on the comforting faces of the cabin crew. We flew from North-bay via Ottawa to Cuba. To my surprise we were offered Champagne, then a meal with beverages, and ice-cream. What I really appreciated about this flight was the pilot constantly updated passengers eg: 'Clear skies up ahead, if you look to your left you can see Florida Keys etc'. We had no delays.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2014 by R Smith    (Canada)

March 12 - 19th 2014, flights 587 going and 588 returning. We flew from Edmonton to Cancun and return. We experienced some turbulence going and the pilot did all he could to make sure we had a pleasurable flight. The flight home was excellent and half an hour early! The cabin crew were very pleasant and always busy. Our flights were on time. All in all, it was a positive experience.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2014 by Neil Byers    (Canada)

My wife and I have gone on trips on Sunwing before but never again. We were on flight 338 in January this year. They messed up our reservations from first class to economy class, we landed at another airport, sat on the runway for 2hrs, were then put in the airport for 9hrs but did not go through customs (so we could not leave the airport) then taken to a resort (not ours) for 3hrs then back to the airport to wait another 5hrs. We lost 24hrs.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by A Belle    (Canada)

Premium

We returned yesterday from Toronto to Panama. I was worried reading some reviews, but the service and overall experience was excellent! First rate movies (free headphones), champagne, food was good, snacks, smooth flight experience. The staff were humorous and helpful, the plane was beautiful (albeit we could tell it was "new") and everything was on time.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by Marsha Reid    (Canada)

We flew from Sault Ste Marie to Varadero Cuba, with one stop in Hamilton to load passengers on March 5th. All went very well. Only a short delay on our return March 12th due to nasty weather in Hamilton. This was our first time flying Sunwing and will not be our last.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by G Grant    (Canada)

Very disappointed with my flight with Sunwing. Left Cayo Coca (CCC) on March 27, flight 601. I paid the extra $$$ for elite and was seated first row a,b,c. No extra leg room and no extra wide seating as is stated for elite booking. Will never fly Sunwing again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by L Letain    (Canada)

Premium

March 6, 2014 and March 13, 2014. Winnipeg to Los Cabos Mexico, return flight good, cabin staff friendly and helpful although pilot a little hard to understand (WG494) and half an hour early. The flight to Cabo was different, the cabin crew was almost lazy and personal conversations seemed to be a priority (WG493). We arrived early but after a rough flight due to turbulence. Elite plus is a joke, sitting in row one but my carry on is in row four, luggage out first in Cabo but in Winnipeg different story. Wake up Sunwing and address some of these simple issues!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Bourgeois Lisa    (Canada)

March 5th 2014 from Ottawa Canada to Cuba, WG 630. They announced that the flight was going to be delayed 1 hour, no explanation why. They started boarding and we took off only 1/2 hour late. There were 6 of us, 2 were seated together and remaining 4 were put in aisle seats side by side. On the way back from Cuba on March 12th 2014, WG 631 we were slow going through immigration, no fault of Sunwing. Finally arrived to our plane at 10.35am, the doors immediately closed and the plane took off 5 minutes later, 20 minutes earlier than expected. The 6 of us were pretty much split up by 2 each, seating my 12 old daughter by herself behind us. Overall the staff were great, very friendly and approachable. The food served was pretty good, considering most airlines don't offer meal service for free. It was comparable to meals we've had to purchase on other airlines.