Sunwing Airlines Passenger Reviews and Sunwing Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  22 November 2013 by Diana March    (Canada)

We took a family vacation to Varadero, Oct 22-29th. Paid for in July. 3 generations, should be simple, right? 8 adults, 4 children. The youngest grandchild was not yet 2 years old, but was charged for a seat. She didn't get a seat either direction. So her parents had her on their lap for a 7 hour flight. We have not got a refund a month later. Seriously thinking Sunwing will not be our choice next time, going to try WestJet.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  21 November 2013 by Dale VanDemark    (Canada)

Was a frequent Sunwing passenger until recently. Booked a flight from Toronto to Punta Cana. An additional stop over in Puerta Plata was added. We were required to deplane while the plane was cleaned. Passengers boarded and after 11/2 hours, boarded the plane for the trip to Punta Cana. On the return flight the flight crew failed to give a drinks service, coffee and tea was not served and the staff were very rude and inattentive to the passengers. Sunwing was once a great airline but unfortunately things change, sometimes for the worse. My wife and I will no longer book a Sunwing flight. Sad but true.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by Ron Antle    (Canada)

Toronto to St.John's NFLD. We were scheduled to leave at 6:15am , upon arrival at the Toronto Airport we found out our flight was going to be delayed 8 hours until 3pm and still did not get out until 4pm. we arrived in St. John's at 10:30 pm because of a stop over in Gander and another one hour delay . This was one full day lost off our vacation and all we got was a 20 dollar coupon for food. No reason was given for the delay. The flight itself was good, actually enjoyed the box pizza if you can believe that! Would I fly Sunwing again? undecided really, I guess I would if it fit the budget & dates I wanted.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Julie Ward    (Canada)

Delayed for almost 8 hours in Las Vegas to Toronto. Apparently our plane was sent to Edmonton. Disappointment is lack of communication from any Sunwing representative. Waiting to check in we heard the delay from fellow passengers who had checked in. With significant delay would have been nice to have rep update us.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Amy Tadros    (Canada)

Do not fly with Sunwing! We arrived at 3 am to check in for our flight, at which time they told us we were delayed by 6 hours forcing us to kill time in the airport on no sleep. There should be notification of such changes, this is unacceptable. We finally boarded a filthy plane and thus missed an entire day at our resort. Awful experience.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by B Bitsakakis    (Canada)

My mother and I flew to Nassau Bahamas on August 29 returned on September 4. Both flights were on time, and all Sunwing staff were very helpful and friendly. We didn't have any problems with the service at all.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Jim Findlay    (Canada)

We had an early morning flight (6.15) and were delayed due to an inflight computer problem. There were no coffee or tea served on the flight because the equipment was not working. The ground staff do not enforce their carry-on baggage rules which mean some people are going on with numerous pieces of luggage or luggage way larger that the specified sizes. If you follow the boarding procedures and are the last group to be called your chances of being able to put your carry-on in the overhead bins are very slight because of amount of carry-on luggage other people have put there. The seats are very tight with minimal legroom so when you have to stow you carry-on under the seat in front of you it just adds to the discomfort. The return flight was equally as bad for most of the same problems.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Carol Hendrickson    (Canada)

September 20, Vancouver to Puerto Vallarta, flight 527. September 27, Puerto Vallarta to Vancouver, flight 526. I will never fly Sunwing again. Seats are ridiculous with no leg room at all. The flight attendants were rude. Trip was 5 hours and by the time we got off we could hardly move because of being so cramped in those lousy seats.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Lee Moreau    (Canada)

We went from Toronto to Dominican in April for my 30th birthday, booking about 3 months in advance, and also paying $40 a person to pick our seats so the 4 of us would be sitting together. The day before our flight, when we got to check in we notice that now it says Toronto to Montego Bay Jamaica, and that our travel time went from 4 hours to 7. We called the airline, they said that we have to stop first in Jamaica now, drop people off, wait while people board and then fly to Dominican! We get to the airport, and we are all seated apart with me being by myself away from my friends. While at the airport we talked to several other people just as annoyed about going to Jamaica first and that this is common with Sunwing. We flew to Jamaica, had to wait about an hour and 45 minutes on the plane, then wait for people to board, and finally fly to Dominican. Going home it was the same thing, except the people coming back from Jamaica got on first and were the ones that had to stop in Dominican to wait for us. I've been to lots of all inclusive trips before and I have never had something like this happen. Would never ever fly them again. The planes are old, no in seat entertainment, everyone has to watch the same thing on these TV's hanging from the ceiling.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  4 October 2013 by R Hollen    (USA)

We were really not sure if we wanted to fly this airline after reading the reviews. Flight was ahead of schedule. Plane was clean, flight personal were excellent. Flight was very nice going and coming. The food they served was good. Flew from Cincinnati to Jamaica.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2013 by A Smith    (Canada)

I understand that I'm not flying first class but Sunwing's planes are disgusting. The plane was dirty both going to and coming back from Cancun. The seats are very uncomfortable. In general it was not a pleasant flying experience and I will never fly with them again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2013 by T Sanders    (Canada)

Just returned from a 1 week vacation in Cancun from Edmonton. We had no issues at all, flights were on time, crew were friendly, food was fairly decent for airline standards, flight was uneventful (in a good way). I didn't notice any cleanliness issues on the plane. The seats were quite cramped, but what airplane seats aren't? Overall, it was very average, but no complaints.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  30 September 2013 by G Petkova    (Canada)

My flight to Cancun was delayed 6 hours! You can imagine this is huge when you are only going on vacation for 1 week. We were supposed to arrive in Cancun at noon and have a full day of sunlight. Instead we arrived after dark and wasted a whole day. We were initially told that the delay was 4 hours and then kept changing it. We didn't know when to head to the airport - it was a nightmare. All Sunwing gave us was a breakfast voucher, at 11am. Obviously a $10 voucher does not make up for a full day of all inclusive in Cancun.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2013 by D Carson    (Canada)

Flight from Las Vegas to Toronto Sep 12, 2013. Upon arrival told that flight was delayed by 2 hours and given a $5.00 voucher to placate. Upon my own inspection of airport departure/arrival monitor, saw that the incoming Sunwing flight from Toronto was not scheduled to arrive until 12.15, which would actually be over a 3 hour delay. Sure enough, our plane did not arrive until 12.15 and then after cleaning, refuelling, etc. we did not board until 12.45 which was almost a 4 hour delay from our original departure time of 9.00am. No explanation given by Sunwing. Intentionally deceived us of real departure time. Upon arrival in Toronto, Sunwing did not post the carrousel for our luggage. Took another 10 minute wait in line up for Sunwing Baggage questions to find out the carrousel number. This employee was very irritable. The best part of this flight was the movie!

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2013 by K Fear    (Canada)

Traveled from Victoria to Cabo during holiday season, company decided to dump us in Vancouver instead of Victoria so they could get back on schedule. Didn't care that they cost the passengers a whole day trying to get back home, will never fly with them again.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2013 by T Moore    (Canada)

Premium

We travelled August 2013 and the only reason we flew Sunwing was that it was the only choice for the dates we needed. Cabin crew, meals, cleanliness were all sub standard. Plane was filthy and cramped. Paid for extra leg room seat at emergency aisle and they don't tell you the seats don't recline. Poor. Delayed both going and coming totalling over 6 hours, again with no explanation. Crew were uncooperative.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  23 August 2013 by Michaela Gile    (Canada)

Premium

We flew the champagne flight to Cuba. This meant we got the emergency seats as upgrade seats and a bit of lukewarm sparkling wine in a plastic cup. We were told our upgrade also included meal selection. So did everybody. My husbands entertainment center control (music and movie) was removed. The emergency exit seats were sold at a higher price and mostly to obese persons. This meant that the man that sat next to me was also sitting half way in my seat. The gentlemen in front of me, also in an emergency exit seat, had problems walking and boarding due to size. He would have been a hindrance during an emergency exit. Never Sunwing again, so many better airlines.

Sunwing Airlines Customer review :  20 August 2013 by S Mike    (Canada)

I will never fly this airline again. They delayed us 1.5 hrs on the way to Punta Cana without any explanation and then 3 hours on the way back. Flight attendants had no customer skills and it seemed as if they did not want to be there. Yes, this airline might be cheap, but I will pay $50 more and fly with other airlines. It seems as the other airlines appreciate my business more.