PAGE loading ... please wait!

Sun Express Airlines Passenger Reviews and Sun Express Airlines Customer Trip Reports

No Ranking Awarded

Add your Sun Express Airlines Review

Sun Express Airlines Unclassified Star Ranking

Customer Review scoring : Sun Express Airlines
6.4 out of 10  6.4 out of 10

PAGE:   1 | 2 |

Sun Express Airlines Customer review :  26 September 2013 by U Orbay   (USA)

Return trip from IST to EWR via FRA. The first leg of the trip with Sun Express flight XQ870 to FRA was a disaster. I arrived 2 hours early to the Sun Express check in but unfortunately the agent could not find my reservation number in the computer. Told to wait until her supervisor comes. There is no supervisor so the agent calls the supervisor on his cell phone and he checks me in only to Frankfurt even though I was a transit passenger to the USA on a connecting flight with United. I told them checking in only to Frankfurt would cause me to miss my connecting flight to EWR. In response they told me to contact the Sun Express ground personal when I landed in Frankfurt. When I landed in Frankfurt the first thing I did was contact Sun Express ground personnel and they told me to proceed directly to the United check in (my connecting flight) and that they were going to send my luggage directly to the United flight. This was as if I had bought 2 one way tickets and had to do the same procedure at each airport! Well my baggage never made it on the United flight. So if you ever need to use a connecting flight I'd recommend never using Sun Express as their agents have zero experience with this advanced matter.

Sun Express Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2013 by I Lammers-Chatrou   (Netherlands)

The airline is usually very well priced, tickets are quite low even in summer. We flew Dusseldorf to Las Palmas with Sun Express Deutschland. Even though the plane didn't look very new from the inside, the cabin crew were very attentive and fun. Pilots made announcements in 3 languages, German, English and Dutch, which is nice when your from Holland. On board shop is amazingly cheap. Would fly again because of value for money.

Sun Express Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by B Mason   (Germany)

Delayed for several hours from Frankfurt to Hurghada because of some fuel pump problem. They kept switching departure times - 1st a 3 hr delay, then 4 hour, then 5 hour, back to 4 hour, then 5 again. At first we were refused any refreshment and then finally gave us a voucher but called us back for boarding before we could purchase food. We waited another 30 minutes past the gate for the bus. We found out the transport bus had not been called. Finally the bus arrives and we are brought to the plane and are pushed away from the gate. The pilot starts to taxi and then makes an announcement saying there are still mechanical problems and we are heading back to the gate. Several families leave the plane at the gate, of course, we have to wait for their bags to be removed. Technicians enter plane and they say the plane is now okay. Meal served was a cold sandwich of unknown filling. Will definitely not fly Sun Express again.

Sun Express Airlines Customer review :  10 September 2010 by O Dubben   (Germany)

CGN-BXN return. The aircraft was not one of the newest in their fleet. Seats were worn and repaired with tape, lifevest signs missing. The seat pitch is very small compared to other carriers. Cabin crew, service and food is ok - at least if you consider their ticket prices. They charge you EUR10 per leg if you want to reserve a specific seat and even more if you want a seat at the emergency exit. Flight was on time for both legs and luggage was delivered promptly. I wish they would pay more attention to the appearance of their aircraft and crew (everybody seems to wear a different uniform).

Sun Express Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2010 by O Akyolcu   (Austria)

Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen-Vienna return. New aircraft, attentive cabin crew, food could be better. We only got a small cold food. Beer and wine too expensive. Flights were on-time. IFE a movie for children during the whole flight.

SUN EXPRESS AIRLINES review :  26 October 2009 : by Larissa Meixner-Adam   (Germany)

IST-FRA. The plane was very old, seats worn out and very hard. The outside and the interior of the plane looked as if it had been used for a cross-country race. It did not give me the feeling that the plane was very safe! No priority of boarding was given to families with small children. The service was ok but not very friendly. Food was almost thrown into your face and was very basic. The prices are not always much cheaper than THY and their service and planes are a sometimes a bit better and sometimes much better. I will not travel with SunExpress any more if I do not have to!

SUN EXPRESS AIRLINES review :  5 June 2009 : by L Pereira  (Canada)

Izmir to Zurich. Great value for money, aircraft confortable, breakfast served and tasty, crew very attentive. Cannot fault any aspect of this service for the fare paid.

SUN EXPRESS AIRLINES review : 22 May 2009 : by Nuran Erol

Customer Rating : 3/5

3 Star Rating

Van to Izmir (Turkey). The crew made no effort to give priority to mothers and kids before boarding. Many women with babies got into a very bad situation. When I asked about the problem; they shortly stated that they do not have sufficient personnel in Van (Ferit Melen) airport; which is ridiculous. Everything else was fine.

SUN EXPRESS AIRLINES review : 21 January 2009 : by G Misioch

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

Izmir to Tegel. Plane was clean and well kept. Airline ground staff in Izmir spoke only Turkish, rude to passengers - both Turkish and foreign. Flight crew also not a prime example of friendliness, but a bit better than ground staff.

SUN EXPRESS AIRLINES review : 7 May 2008 : by Christophe Chouleur

Customer Rating : 3/5

3 Star Rating

Antalya to Frankfurt Boeing 757 code share flight with Turkish airlines. The interior of the 757 was clean and looked new, with seats that proved to be confortable and good legroom. Safety announcements on screen that did not work too well (several interruptions in demonstrations). Inflight service, consisted of a free small snack with hot and cold drinks and a movie was projected on overhead screens although no earphones were distributed. Part of the crew was very nice and the rest did not seem to care, trying to distribute meals as quickly as possible, to rest in the galley.

Sun Express Airlines - by Stephen Held

17 February 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

FRA-Antalya-FRA. Outbound flight B737-800, good seat pitch (I would say 32 inch) for the 3.5 hours flight. Food was small snack but plenty of drinks with multiple refillings. Flight attendants were very attentive. Multilingual crew, no problems with communication. No headphones, so bring your own otherwise you won't have any music or watch the movie running on the main screen. Inbound flight with B757. The worst seat pitch I ever encountered - no space between your knees and front seat. I'm 1.75 m and I felt crunched, luckily the flight was only 3 hours and 45 min. We had a pleasant snack and again plenty of drinks as well with multilingual crew. This time no music or movie - crew said it was broken. All in all the B757 was really a dated aircraft. This is the first time flying with this airline and actually surprised with a very competitive price(150€) and great service. Beside the seating in 757 (try to fly with the B737-800) I will recommend it.

Sun Express Airlines - by Kate Hoekstra

11 September 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 5 Star Rating

Amsterdam-Izmir on June 2007. Very helpful flight attendants and a clean B737-800. The leg space was ok for the price(200€).

Sun Express Airlines - by Brian Haughton

6 July 2007  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

Stansted to Ercan return. First time with Sun Express. Ample unused seats on this flight (new route ?). Some inflight entertainment available, but not used by me. Basic meal - sandwich, drink and chocolate biscuit to Izmir, smaller sandwich and drink Izmir to Ercan. No charge! Coffee, tea and soft drinks at no charge. Other stronger drinks available, chargeable but at reasonable prices. For the very competitive price paid, these two flights were excellent value for money, 200 return. Flight attendants were efficient, happy, and pleased to help you.

Sun Express Airlines- by Rufus Gardiner

25 September 2006

Exeter to Antalya and back September 2006. Interior of the 737 felt tired and shabby. The crew were more interested in selling duty free items than anything else and the onboard catering was probably the worst I have experienced. Delayed flights in and outbound with no explanation offered although the plane was on the ground in plenty of time at both ends. I would look at alternatives before using them again.

PAGE:   1 | 2 |