Strategic Airlines Passenger Reviews and Strategic Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  18 June 2012 by M Taylor    (UK)

Booked with Jet2.com to fly on 8th and 15th June 2012 from Manchester to Murcia Spain and both journeys there and back we on a Strategic plane. What a terrible airplane - the seats were squashed, heat was terrible. Although the staff were Jet2 staff, they seemed unimpressed with the flights. I think if you book with a certain airline you should get their planes and not be told there is a change on the day.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  14 June 2012 by R Tarry    (UK)

Both flights were terrible. The hours I spent aboard their planes were possibly the most uncomfortable 4 hours of my life. The leg space - restrictive for a man of average height - meant that I, at 6 ft 2, was forced to sit near-sideways for the entirety of the flight. The multitudes of toddlers and crying babies, coupled with the oppressive heat contributed to a less-than-pleasant experience. Both flights were delayed. The cabin crew were helpful and cheery enough. Furthermore, the lack of any inflight entertainment meant that there was nothing to distract me from the conditions in which we were seated. No TVs, no magazines. Overall, I would most certainly not fly with Strategic ever again and I was mightily relieved when we finally landed in the torrential rain at Gatwick.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  11 June 2012 by S Bridle    (UK)

Flew out on 2nd June - 50mins late due to broken air bridge. Good flight, helpful crew. Return on 9th left 6.5 hours late which was hard work with a baby - more issues with Olympic Holidays than the airline. Good return flight and overall pleased - you get what you pay for, and I have been on much worse. It is worth noting their limited number of aircraft and using your mobile to access departure boards online to see delays in advance so there are no nasty shocks. These are not Lufthansa or BA with loads of spare planes to help out when there's a problem, so bear with them! The flight was smooth and clean. The aircraft's are old and worn but they are well maintained.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  8 June 2012 by D Farrell    (UK)

Booked holiday from Manchester to Kos. We had a short delay which is usually acceptable, what wasn't was the state of the plane. It was tatty and dirty, seats reclining and not staying upright. Our seat did not have a fold out table and seats were held together with duct tape. Over head locker doors missing, the toilet leaked into the aisle and the carpets where filthy. The hostess's where obnoxious when I complained.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  7 June 2012 by Reg Saunders    (UK)

23 May, boarded the plane (A320) to find all leather seating and in good condition. Someone seemed to think the seats were ex Thompson. Plane was clean. Did not have the food but those who did, ate it - so ok. Staff were pleasant. Return trip 30 May the same. They appear to be carrying out refurbs on the aircraft. Based on this trip I would use them again Only downside in a plane of this size - limited legroom.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  7 June 2012 by S Grayer    (UK)

Flew from Gatwick to Zante. Check-in was fine at Gatwick, the manager was very helpful trying to get us an extra seat as I had my daughter with us. Flight time came around and we were greeted by a very old plane. We were in a row of 3 with my daughter (under a year) on my lap. Seats were uncomfortable and 2 of our 3 seats didn't have trays and my fathers seat relined on take off and wouldn't return to the upright position. The cabin crew were miserable, but at least the flight was on time. On return things went from bad to worse. Arrived at Zante airport for a 9.20pm flight to find all Strategic flights were delayed and our plane hadn't even left Gatwick. We were assured that our plane would be in at the latest by 10.30pm and we would fly at 11pm. Plane didn't arrive till after 11pm and it wasn't even a Strategic plane! Didn't fly till after midnight. No explanation was given, but we were just relieved to be on a flight home at last.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  6 June 2012 by S Weston    (UK)

Flight May/June 2012. This airline uses old tired aircraft's, some of the seats were worn out so you could feel the metal bars underneath, the leg room is very tight. Some of the seats won't stay upright so some people had to keep adjusting them. Flight time changes and delays seem common. Over 3 hours in those conditions. Personally I wont be flying with Strategic Airlines again.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  6 June 2012 by M Purcell    (UK)

I flew to and from Larnaca from London Gatwick. There was a slight delay going there and back - half hour-1 hour, but you can expect that on any airline. The plane back was better, more modern, with leather seats. No inflight entertainment, but cabin staff were very helpful and friendly. Altogether it was ok, the flight times were excellent too.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  1 June 2012 by Emma Stimpson    (UK)

We had a holiday booked last Sept 2011 with Strategic, 3 weeks before we were due to go on holiday they dramatically changed the flight times. We were unable to go due to other commitments so moved the holiday to this May 2012. Upon collecting the tickets we discovered the flights had been changed again but only by 30 minutes. Within 30 mins of reaching the departure lounge a 3 hr delay had been posted. In all we had a 21 hr flight delay to Rhodes for a 4hr flight. Communication was very poor, it was either inaccurate or untrue. The airline rep refused to come down to the departure lounge, although Gatwick airport staff were really helpful. After 11 hrs they agreed to put everyone up in a hotel but that took a further 1.5 hrs to organise. The next day we were due to fly at 5am and this was then delayed another hour. When we did eventually board, the plane was old and scruffy. Strategic did offer a complementary bar as a way of apology. In all this is a very poor budget airline (we did not pay budget prices) I would avoid this airline and if this was the only carrier to a destination I would choose another destination.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  25 May 2012 by J Cherry    (UK)

Gatwick to Rhodes due out at 9.40 am, 16th May but eventually flew 17th at 6.00 am. Put us up at the Hilton with dinner overnight but had to leave too early to try to attempt any breakfast. Would have been better with more up to date info from the staff and a more honest airline as to the state of play. I'm all for making sure we have a safe flight, but let's have a more realistic and honest time delay relayed to passengers. Vouchers don't make up for not knowing what's happening. Having lost a day of holiday it didn't spoil the rest of the week.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  24 May 2012 by R E Probert    (UK)

Flight from Gatwick to Rhodes 17th-23rd May. We were held at Gatwick airport for 23 hours. If we had been told the reason and the truth the passengers might have understood, we all feel that this company is not worth trusting in future.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2012 by H Sykes    (UK)

Manchester to Heraklion, 7.30am flight cancelled due to technical fault and was replaced by a smaller plane which had 28 less seats, we were 2 of the 28. Given breakfast at Manchester then taken to Birmingham airport by coach. At Birmingham given a 12 food voucher each and finally flew to Heraklion at 6pm with Monarch. Arrived at our resort at 2.30am extremely tired. 22 May, our return journey from Heraklion to Manchester was on time, staff were efficient and friendly. Unfortunately our landing in Manchester was not a good experience. After a bumpy touch down we were told the breaks had an oil leak and were binding. Subsequently we were another hour on the plane while a fire engine and a tow was called to take us to the terminal. We will not be flying with Strategic Airline ever again!

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2012 by A Phillips    (UK)

Stuck in Rhodes airport trying to fly home to Manchester, told of 4 hour delay then 6 hour delay then no one knew where the plane was. After 5 hours taken from airport to a hotel until information was found, after 10 hours we were told a plane was on its way but would only take us to Gatwick - no staff from Olympic could tell us anything, only they don't know. Got home 22 hours late, all I wanted was information not a fob off - I know its a cheap air line but I did want some service for my money.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  16 May 2012 by D Knott    (UK)

1 hour wait for boarding pass, 20 mins wait for upgrade on seat, 4 hour delay. Then told that our seats have already been sold. Escorted out back through passport control for refund. Back through passport control and searched for a second time. Another 2.5 hour delay - given a 6 voucher!

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  21 April 2012 by S Hickey    (UK)

Gatwick-Corfu on an ancient A320. The seats would not stay up-right, you could feel the bars holding the seat together, the plane was dirty and extremely noisy. We had a 3 hour delay on the way out. We would never fly Strategic again.