Strategic Airlines Passenger Reviews and Strategic Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  26 June 2012 by G Skinner    (UK)

Having flown quite a few airlines for holidays, I have never had such a poor flight delay as with Strategic both outbound and inbound. We had over an 8 hour delay leaving Gatwick at 11.50 pm on 10th June, we were put up with a room and a meal at the Gatwick Hilton which was nice, then arrived early morning at Zante - 5am as the airport opened. Return journey was even worse, should have arrived back at LGW at around 11pm on 17 June but again a delay, finally leaving Zante at 06.50 local time on Monday 18th, having been put up in a hotel. We will never book Olympic holidays or this airline again. Onboard crew were ok. I feel Olympic or Strategic should have let people know in plenty of time of the impending delay UK bound. Please Strategic get it fixed for the future.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  25 June 2012 by P Spencer    (UK)

Flight: In last month. After changing the booked time by 2 hours, we were greeted for our Gatwick to Kos 2pm flight by a 12 hour delay due to "unscheduled plane unavailability" - unbelievable! Our kids are 5 and 7 so they are a little older but I feel for the people with babies having to then check in at 2.30am. The plane was supplied by Titan and was very good. The return 2 weeks later (also rescheduled 2 hours later) also delayed approx hour and fortunately they had organised a transavia.com plane and crew who were great - plane was far too new/large and had loads of free space to snooze. I cant comment on seats/value/food/staff as I never actually stepped on a Strategic plane! But suffice to say I hope I don't have to use them ever again.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  25 June 2012 by J Reynolds    (UK)

Flight: In last month. Flew to Zante from Manchester. The inside of the plane was filthy. My seat had collapsed underneath leaving me feeling like I was sitting on a metal bar. Attendant insisted seat wasn't broken and that all the seats were the same. I was stood up as the plane began taxiing to the runway, the attendant was extremely patronising and said that the only solution would be to stop the plane so that an engineer could look at it, I wasn't prepared to upset everyone on the flight by doing that. I tried to swap with my daughter sat next to me but her chair was reclined and wouldn't sit upright so the poor man sat behind me had no leg room at all! When I pointed this out to the attendant informed me that it wasn't for me to worry about the person behind me. What a lovely caring attitude! Once we were at altitude a gentleman attendant came to look at my seat and said that it was broken and propped it up with blankets for me. The attendant did take my name and address as I said I would be writing to complain. I expected to return home to an apology letter but I haven't heard from them at all. The whole experience spoilt the start of my holiday.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  25 June 2012 by Mike Adams    (UK)

Absolutely terrible. Going out the flight was delayed 5 hours for some unknown reason. When we did take off the flight crew gave no apology and were grumpy throughout the whole flight. There was a problem with the toilets and the queues stretched throughout the plane. When we asked for a window seat we were told that there weren't any left, although other people were being given them - on board we found out why - everyone who had ordered a meal was put at the front of the plane so that staff didn't have too walk too far! Coming back, the day flight we had booked was cancelled completely and we were given seats on a night flight. As I had to be back at work the next day, we paid another 320 for two seats on EasyJet and came home in appreciably more comfort than we had arrived. Why Olympic Holidays use these people is beyond be a the rest of the holiday was very good.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  22 June 2012 by John Hill    (UK)

Flew out from Gatwick on 13th June 2012 to Rhodes. Flight was fine nothing like previous reviews suggest, seats fine clean and tidy, 30 mins late taking off. Coming home same again on time, clean great service, must have revamped the planes, will fly with them again, for us great start and finish to our holiday.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2012 by Shaun Skinner    (UK)

Travelled Birmingham to Crete on a dirty, unclean aircraft, far too hot during the flight. Staff were rude and just didn't care. Passengers were stood up for most of the flight, swearing passengers drinking duty free booze went unnoticed and safety clearly went out the window! Spoke with a member of staff to address things and was told to put it email an email and someone might look into it and "get back to you". Shocking!

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2012 by Teresina Chiarini    (UK)

Travelled 07/06/2012 to Zante for 7 days, most surprised having read reviews. Flight on time, great big leather seats, normally travel with easyjet, but this airline was excellent. Crew excellent. Could not fault it. Inbound punctual, crew very professional and polite. Overall excellent service, have already booked to return to Zante with Strategic on 1st July.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  20 June 2012 by P Taylor    (UK)

Travelled between Manchester and Rhodes 9 June. Was dreading the flight because I'd read previous adverse reviews. As it was the plane had none of the problems mentioned, the leg room was good in comparison to some other airlines, flight staff were helpful and friendly and the inflight meal was fine. No delays experienced and would not hesitate to fly with Strategic again.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  20 June 2012 by K Meadows    (UK)

Saved for 3 years for a holiday, booked a couple of weeks ago, now been told the flight is cancelled. Managed to get another but it leaves much later in the day (arrive when everything is closed) and comes back a day later. Now have to arrange parking (was getting a lift both ways) and both of us now will lose a days pay. Bang goes the hire car.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2012 by D Tosic    (UK)

Avoid at all costs. Booked with them 3 weeks in advance. They cancelled our flights 3 days prior to our holiday, only offering to take us on another day to another city. If you want an airline that will let you down and not offer any compensation look no further. Avoid is the only message I can leave here.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2012 by David Richardson    (UK)

Strategic airlines seemed to lose their Strategy! After already having been advised that SA had made the flight times even worse by putting the outbound and inbound flight times to Kos back by 2 hours, on arrival for a 14:30 check-in, we were informed they had no plane for us! The good news was that they were going to put us up at the Gatwick Hilton, so that we could get up nice and early for the 02:30am check-in and 4am flight to KOS! Fortunately that plane did arrive, supplied by Titan, very nice it was too, a well upholstered Boeing 757. Good flight, for which Strategic seemed to take credit! Our flight back was on time, 23:40 from Kos, but the plane was all white, no markings, apart from a sticker on the inside of the door denoting it was a Spanish charter flight! Do Strategic actually have any planes of their own?

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  19 June 2012 by Gary Finch    (UK)

From Gatwick to Zante due out 10/06/12 and back on 17/06/12. Flight was delayed 8 and a half hours for departure to Zante and delayed 12 hours on return. Both reasons were because there was not a plane to transport us anywhere. Although the holiday and resort was fantastic, flying with Strategic will not happen again, ever! Furthermore, Olympic.com sold us the holiday and flights but the matter of the fact was, they should not have done, as the assigned flight and times didn't actually exist. So as we booked 5 weeks before our holiday, they already knew that we would be delayed so these errors are as much fault as Strategic. No in flight entertainment, poor seating and leg room space, need I say more. Would avoid this airline at every cost!

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  18 June 2012 by C Nicolaides    (UK)

Gatwick to Larnaca on 9th June. Flight was delayed originally by 7 hours but then turned out to about 8. Other than being informed at check in that the flight was delayed we received zero info after that. I was annoyed that they hadn't bothered to inform us in advance as this would have at least meant we didn't have to wait in he airport. Onboard the crew were helpful and food was good. The plane was an old A320 and was noisy with no entertainment but for the price that was expected. I wouldn't fly with them again due to the huge delays and changing of flight times if you are only going for a week like we did you don't want half a day pinched of you due to the airline.

Strategic Airlines Customer review :  18 June 2012 by Brenda Elder    (UK)

Manchester to Rhodes 9th June 2012 and return 16th June. Both flights on time and the check in was quick. Plenty of leg room and staff lovely. The plane was tatty and the toilet disgusting. The food was ok and it broke up a very boring flight. No entertainment or magazines and no duty free.