Southwest Airlines Passenger Reviews and Southwest Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Peter Dandridgee    (USA)

The airline is fine as far as on time, baggage goes through quickly, staff are friendly and helpful. However the boarding procedure (no assigned seats) is just a way to charge people for a reasonable line placement. So when considering flying SW with a family that would like sitting together add from 15 to 40 dollars to the price of a ticket and purchase the upgrade. All and all a fine airline for those flying alone but not family friendly.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2014 by B Elliott    (USA)

Southwest 1696 on April 1st from Baltimore to Denver. By using the rapid rewards debit card we got throughout the year, we are able to take a vacation for no more than $30 each year ($30 is tax). We always check in on the dot of 24 hours before departure, and usually get A or B boarding groups. We love that we get to choose our own seat. The staff are always very friendly, and the new free TV on board every flight is my 2 kids favorite past time.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Neelum Kumar    (USA)

I was horrified by the policy of changing flights at SouthWest. I had a round trip ticket and was able to return home earlier so arrived at Nashville airport 11.30 looking to get on the almost empty 1.20 pm flight. I was informed that I would have to pay $250 to purchase a new ONE WAY ticket home. I paid less than that for the round-trip flight. I did not expect this since I was told that SW was customer friendly and did not charge change fees. No, they just charge you for a whole new ticket instead. I am trapped in Nashville for the next 8.5 hours thanks to their policy.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2014 by K Skip    (USA)

Having flown 45 weeks or so annually and now scaling back, I fly Southwest for both business and pleasure. Southwest is an easy transition. With all the cutbacks and cattle calls that airlines have migrated to, SW at least makes it simple, ABC. If you can't figure that out, sit in the middle. Their gate attendants are knowledgeable, take the same stupid questions over and over yet answer them in a polite manner.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2014 by Yolanda Dolby    (USA)

My husband and I will avoid Southwest/AirTran at all costs. Vacation to Cabo, 3/1/14 with connections in Denver. 1 hour late getting off ground in Milwaukee as plane was over weight and they had to kick 8 people off. Late arrival in Denver forced mad rush to gate in different terminal for connection to Cabo. Returning to Milwaukee, 3/10/14, plane was 1 hour late getting in and leaving Cabo, which again created havoc in Denver for connection back to Milwaukee. The absolute kicker is they lost both of our bags going to Cabo (30 hours before returned) and returning to Milwaukee (36 hours before returned). Unbelievable incompetence. Your bags fly free - you just don't know where!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2014 by J Burnam    (USA)

Las Vegas to Richmond, VA. Booked with AirTran, but transported by Southwest from LAS to ATL. Biggest problem I have with Southwest is no seat assignment. That's why I picked AirTran. With Southwest, I feel like I'm treated like cattle and herded through the process of boarding the plane. I believe AirTran has the right approach for boarding. That is, 1) assigned seats and 2) boarding by zones. I can't understand why the general flying public tolerates Southwest's cattle call boarding. Southwest's prices are right, but their anywhere you want seating is for the birds.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2014 by Dolby John    (USA)

Vacation to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, scheduled 3/1/14. Boarded in Milwaukee with a connection in Denver. When we arrived at check in we were told the flight had been 'overbooked' by 5 passengers. We received the last 2 boarding passes luckily. Upon being seated and waiting for 15 minutes, the flight attendant announced that the plane was over-weight and 8 passengers would have to leave. It took another 30 minutes to adjust the weight before we took off - 1 hour after schedule. Upon arriving in Denver, an hour late, we had to rush to another terminal to catch our connecting flight to Cabo. Flight to Cabo went on schedule until standing at the luggage carousel our 2 pieces of checked luggage never came out. It was not until 30 hours later, that our luggage finally showed up. On our return, when we checked in at the airport, it was announced that our plane was delayed an hour. Taking off to Denver again, we realized we were facing a potential connect issue again. Once entering the U.S., we needed to go through customs in Denver before boarding our flight to Milwaukee. Once through customs you need to claim your luggage and then recheck it with Southwest/AirTran. We then had to pass through security before racing to another terminal where our gate was located because of late arrival. We boarded the plane and left for Milwaukee arriving at 10pm on-time. We then went to retrieve our luggage and once again our two bags never showed up. It took another 36 hours to get our bags delivered to our home.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by G Hendrick    (USA)

Flew from Nashville-Houston-Dallas last Tuesday. As usual so many people have to bring their suitcases on board with them these days that we leave late. We get to Houston and our connection flight is down, they finally get it fixed and we leave out almost an hour late getting into Dallas only to hear they don't know where our luggage is. We later find out that the plane had a lot of freight so they made us wait an hour for our luggage. I live 8 hours (by car) from Dallas and 2 hours from Nashville. Had I driven to Dallas I would have arrived at my hotel 2 hours before I actually got there by flying. On the return trip our flight from Dallas to St. Louis was late and I had to run to my connecting flight to get there before the door was closing. I think this airline is slipping so I intend to start looking at others after always using Southwest without checking.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  28 February 2014 by G Carlos    (USA)

Flown from Houston to Las Vegas last week. Everything was good (except lots of passengers were drunk and yelling). Our flight departed on time and arrived 15 min prior to schedule. I had no complaints at all, for the price it was a fair trip. The return flight was delayed 40 min. Whoever is surprised by this obviously doesn't travel a lot by plane. I say for the price their flights are good, don't expect feeling as royalty of course. For short trips (4 hours max.) it's pretty enjoyable.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by E Verhaeven    (Canada)

Feb 2014 - BUF-FLL (return). We booked Southwest mainly because of the price, and I was a little apprehensive about avoiding the dreaded middle and getting a decent aisle seat. We paid an extra fee for their "early bird" check in which, in our case, allowed us to board with the first 25 passengers both outbound and return. It was a 3 hour flight and that's about all of the time I would want to spend in their cramped uncomfortable seating. But for a reasonable short flight, I'd book Southwest again. It's a basic no frills airline with no baggage fees, and it gets you there, albeit not in the most comfortable circumstances.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by William Massey    (USA)

15 minutes before scheduled takeoff gate announces delay. 45 minutes later gate announces mechanical problems and further delays. All passenger were being re-routed. 3 hours later flight is canceled and they offer to get me home tomorrow with no compensation for delay. Its as if they said, "if our planes fly we will take you, if not too bad, there are no guarantees". Finally when I asked to be booked on tomorrow's flight until I could see if I could buy a ticket on another airline, I was told, "if we do we can not refund any of your money because we will have solved your problem".

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Trahey Dorothy    (USA)

Our flight was 20 minutes late taking off because there was a previous flight still at the gate. As soon as the last person walked off, the passengers in wheelchairs were boarded, so obviously there was no time to clean the plane. The washroom was very dirty. Yesterday at 6.15, flight 1957, Ft. Myers to Chicago. Southwest was trying to keep on schedule but please clean the plane.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  11 February 2014 by D Lee    (USA)

Feb 8th, flight 2178, Orange County to San Francisco. Feb 5th, flight 2962, Denver to Orange County. I travel quite frequently. I rarely have to check any bags but I like having the option to do so for free if I need to. I travel twice/week for the last 2 months and I have never encountered an unpleasant flight attendant, in fact I find them more than amusing. Also as someone who has flight anxiety I feel so secure when flying Southwest.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by S Baker    (USA)

I recently flew round trip from Austin to Sacramento. The boarding process went smooth, no delays, but the flight was very uneventful. The pilot was completely silent the entire flight, the flight attendant rude and very cramped seats. The return flight home was overbooked and at 100%. However, the pilot and attendants, were very pleasant and had a great sense of humor. I would advise that you fill up on food before you fly, as there is no meal service, just peanuts, pretzels, and mini Ritz sandwich crackers. It would be nice though if the pilot would make an announcement once in a while regarding your eta.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Lorch Kenneth    (USA)

We signed up for flight notifications with an email address. We were told at the airport that we had been notified at 11.45 that our flight was cancelled. We had not been notified and neither had anyone else in line around us. Had we been notified, we would have known not to leave for our 3 pm flight and not to waste 3 hours going to the airport and standing in line to change our flight. Why were there only 3 customer service people handling the hundreds of people standing in line? Southwest used to be the "go to" airline. No longer. What a disappointment. The customer service rep was polite but really could not have cared less.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Miller Robert    (USA)

I fly SW from San Jose to Ft Lauderdale and back several times a year. I too have been a victim of delays due to mechanical problems and sometimes bad weather. I suspect that all airlines have these issues. I love the witty banter of the safety announcements. If you are nice to the staff they will be nice to you. It is not their job to stuff your 90 lb. carry on into the overhead bin. The pilot decides when and if beverages and snacks will be served. I am a "senior" and remember the old days when people didn't feel so entitled, as they board in their sweat pants, or worse. It takes just one or two passengers to ruin a flight.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  24 January 2014 by Moore John    (Australia)

San Antonio - Las Vegas via Denver and Las Vegas - San Antonio in January. On a business class RTW ticket we did this low frills side trip with UK and US friends - they're buses with prices to match, check-in at the 24 hour point gets you into the early second tier boarding queue which enabled our party of six to all travel next to their partner and all couples had one window seat with carry on in the over head lockers and all flights were full. They took their own lunch and appreciate the gratis soft drinks/coffee and unlimited pretzels. Loved the commentary from the flight deck on departure from Las Vegas and on arrival at San Antonio. For internal US travel go for it.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2014 by L Barron    (USA)

I took this airline from Houston to Orlando and while the flight was smooth I don't really like the seat arrangements. You are assigned a group so if you get a bad group then you can get on the plane with your spouse and not be able to sit together because of no available two seats together.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Znasik Michal    (Slovakia)

12 Jan, flight 670, MDW-LGA, 1.5 hrs. Low fare, easy check in, speedy boarding, on-time, professional cabin crew, very good seat pitch, new aircraft. Soft drinks, nuts and pretzels - free of charge. Better than other "traditional" airlines.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  20 January 2014 by J Ashiblie    (USA)

Traveled on WN1038, 25 Dec, San Antonio to Orlando non-stop as a separate domestic segment making up a One World American Airlines KUL-CDG-DFW-SAT/PBI-ORD-LHR-KUL. It was a full flight to a holiday destination at the busiest time of the year. Service was the absolute minimal. Sodas were minimal with just one cup and no top-ups! Legacy carriers would offer the whole can of Dr Pepper for you to enjoy your drink. Southwest of today is definitely not the Southwest of the 80s! If you need a 2nd piece of check in bag, then you might want to consider Southwest, otherwise, stay away.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Chase Henderson    (USA)

Admittedly there was a storm two days before we wanted to arrive in our destination of Indianapolis. They repeatedly lied to us and told us that the Indianapolis airport was closed when there were other airlines flying into Indianapolis from the same airport. They changed our flight 10 times. After they cancelled our flight to Indy they put us on another flight to Louisville airport, after we received this confirmation the flight was reinstated but we lost our spot. They never gave us meal vouchers or paid for a hotel. They refused to get us a ticket with any other airline actually flying into Indianapolis too. All in all the worst experience I have eve had with any company.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Bill Schur    (Canada)

Just returned from a trip to San Jose the 1st. of January. I do not like this cattle call method of filling the seats. After finally entering plane I always look for the seats by the emergency exit due to knee problems, what I found was a young girl sitting there already. When I brought my concern to the stewardess about whether or not she would be capable of opening the emergency exit, she just said no problem for her to open it. The seats are not made for me and I find them very uncomfortable. I really would like to give SouthWest airlines a better score but could not.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by T Xavier    (USA)

Flight 3546, Denver to Philadelphia, 1/3/14. The weather was bad in Philadelphia so all flights were problematic - but SW changed the departure time over 8 times, there were 5 gate changes. All we were told, with all this, the flight arrived 5.5 hours late in Philadelphia and the bags took another 45 minutes.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by David Demar    (USA)

Flew from Detroit on Jan 4 2013, flight 2112 to Las Vegas with my 10 year old son who is autistic and has glaucoma. Flight was delayed 2 hours while we waited for a 3rd flight attendant. The gentleman taking tickets was making jokes and doing a comedy routine once we finally got on board his parting shot was "sorry for the delay hope you had as much fun as we did". When we landed the flight attendants got on the PA and said "finally" like the passengers were responsible for the delay. Missed our connection to Burbank, that flight was delayed as well but they apparently could not wait another 20 minutes or so to get the rest of the passengers on. I told the agent I'm flexible and can fly into any airport in Southern California. She seemed to be put out at having to help any of us. Their solution was to basically throw their hands in the air and put us all on standby. The did offer lodging though. Thankfully I spoke with a different agent and she was able to get us to Orange County. Have never seen a more unprofessional airline.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by J Watson    (Australia)

Flew in Sept. 2013 from Nashville to Denver and later, Denver to LAX. We were very impressed considering this is a budget airline. Managed to get seats in the 2nd row on both flights for both myself and my elderly mother. Flight attendants were friendly and attentive, nice smooth flights, new planes, very clean. Were most impressed with ground crews in both Denver and LA who allowed my mother and I to board the plane before any general boarding. Will certainly fly Southwest again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Bonnie Joseph    (USA)

We flew from Minneapolis to Houston on December 14. We had weather delays so had to fly to Milwaukee / St Louis / Oklahoma City and finally into Houston Hobby in the evening. It was a hectic flight, but the crew on flight 3480 were wonderful!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Tom Miner    (USA)

Dec 22 - Flt 3308, BDL to Midway and on to LAX. Dec 27 - Flt 774 to Midway, Flt 1821 to BDL. Southwest's new seating to increase its profits makes it one of the most uncomfortable airlines I have flown on. They have squeezed two extra rows into a 737 to increase profits at the cost of customer comfort. I am 6'2" and had my knees crammed against the seat in front of me. SW did offer an "upgrade" at check in - access to rows A 1-15 - but that would have cost my wife and me an extra $500! In addition to lack of leg room, the new seats barely come to mid- thigh, further increasing my discomfort. The touted benefits of no baggage fee (one bag apiece) and friendly staff are no compensation for hours of discomfort.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  16 December 2013 by J Katnic    (USA)

LAX-SFO return on 12/09/2013. I like the text message updates early in the day that let you know flights may be late. Before I even left LAX, I knew my flight home from SFO would be over 1.5 hours late. That allowed me to finish up early and get back to the airport to try and catch the earlier flight. I did just that, and was accommodated on the second to last flight back to LAX. Even though I used points for this trip, there was no charge to take the earlier flight. Flights always have drink service and a choice of peanuts/pretzels. Even though they can be stingy when passing the snacks out, they never say no when you ask for more, and are always nice and polite. In addition, I always ask for a kids book with wings to take home for my kid, and they gave me two this time - nice touch. So while the assigned seating thing can be a drag, they make up for it with outstanding service. And while I was given B51 on the earlier flight to LAX, I still managed to get a window sea t, so no complaints on the seating. Checking in early is key!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by D Burton    (USA)

I have been on several airlines in my life, but Southwest Airlines in my opinion is the worst. The open seating is like a mad zoo. No control, people pushing, it is the worse possible way I have ever seen to board a plane. Additionally, the seats are the smallest and most cramped I've been in. No leg room and a totally miserable experience. I will not fly with them anymore. They have lost me as a customer. However the flight crew is friendly.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by A Morgan    (USA)

I have been a Southwest customer for years and have rarely had problems. Today I was trying to get home for Thanksgiving. I have signed up to get text messages about the status of my flights, and until today, this has worked out fine. Until today, I have received text messages informing me of flight delays which turned out to be accurate. Today I received 2 successive texts telling me that my flight was being delayed, first from the original departure time of 5.25pm until 6.00pm, and then of a further delay until 6.20pm. When I arrived at my gate about one hour before the scheduled departure time, there was no seating available in the area of the gate from which my flight was leaving. I moved to an area of the concourse where the gates are not currently being used so I could sit and elevate my feet. I was actually sitting there when the second text came telling me of the delay until 6.20pm. At 6.10 I got up and walked down to my gate. When I arrived, I discovered that the plane had actually departed at 5.50, before I received the second text. When I spoke with the person at the Customer Service desk, I was told that I should not have left the gate, and that the announcement that the plane was actually leaving at the originally scheduled time could not be heard in the area where I had been sitting. When I asked why I had received a second text message telling me of a further delay after the flight had actually left, I was told that the texts are computer generated and are for my convenience only. I was aware that the plane might actually depart later than the time given in the text message, but it had never occurred to me that it might depart earlier than the time predicted by the texts. I was told that my options were to wait for ten next flight which was due in about two hours, fly to Baltimore for a layover then fly to Nashville and arrive at my destination a little before mid-night, or pay for a hotel room and take a flight in the morning. I could not face several more hours of great discomfort, so I am spending tonight in the Microtel without luggage or medication.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  15 November 2013 by Cohen Ronald    (USA)

Great customer service! After being messed around by United once again, where they left me stranded in St Louis I booked a flight at the airport to Philly (though I really wanted to go to Newark where United was supposed to take me). As I went to the gate for my flight leaving 45 minutes after I booked it I saw the flight to Newark that was supposed to depart 10 minutes before I arrived at the airport had been delayed and was now leaving in 5 minutes. Went to gate agent, explained I was screwed by United and really wanted to go to Newark, he said "No problem", switched me to the Newark flight and handed me the ticket. When I asked how much he said "No charge, have a nice flight".

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by Jim Carbone    (USA)

Delayed 4 hours each way from Philadelphia to California. No explanation whatsoever. They put me on a different flight and my luggage on the original flight and then lost my luggage! I would rather walk than take Southwest.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by M Kobayashi    (Germany)

I fly with Southwest Airlines frequently. In fact, I hardly ever fly with any other US carrier. This does not mean that I love the airline, merely that by US standards it is not bad. Some flights go well and the crew are a lot of fun. This was especially the case on both flights I took on 28 October from San Francisco to Phoenix and from Phoenix to Minneapolis. The crew were friendly, told jokes and made me feel almost refreshed despite having a long Osaka-Hong Kong-San Francisco flight the day before. At times the flights either leave much to be desired or can be almost horrific, as was the case on both flights I took with them on the 7th of October -- Minneapolis to Phoenix, Phoenix to San Francisco. Surly crews with terrible service. Those two flights drained me more than the flight to Hong Kong despite having less than half the travelling time combined. Most flights are fairly pleasant if unremarkable. Despite the hits and misses I will likely continue flying with Southwest Airlines because they do not charge as many fees and generally speaking do their job with greater efficiency than any other domestic US carrier.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by John Schroeder    (USA)

Flight 3246 from Chicago Midway to Columbus, Ohio on 11/4/13. They used to be the cheapest: no longer. They used to have the best service: now they are going to start charging for bags. They used to be on time: I'm sitting 3 hours late in an airport, for the 6th time in 4 months!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Peggy McNamara    (USA)

I flew 10/24, flt 440, FLL to PVD. We actually arrived early! Everyone from baggage check, to flight attendants, to flight crew were extremely nice. Same way on the trip home on 10/28, flight 3761. Both planes were full but it was organized and ran smoothly. Excellent value (free baggage etc). I would take Southwest again just based on the employee attitudes.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Sarah Dodds    (USA)

I am so disappointed. I used to rave about Southwest, but things have taken a turn for the worse! First flight out at 7am and the plane had 'mechanical issues' so we were delayed. We missed our connecting flight. As we were deplaning the flight staff informed us that they held the Southwest connection for those 31 passengers going to Las Vegas, however since there were only 19 of us headed to LAX, we had to be rebooked. They proceeded to take us to Fort Lauderdale with an ensuing 7 hour layover and then a delay on the tarmac for another hour! I think the worst part was not once did any Southwest employee acknowledge our inconvenience.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  24 October 2013 by David Stephens    (USA)

Took flight 2009 from Las Vegas, 10/33/2013. Told flight was delayed 30 minutes, ended up being over an hour and a half. We were waiting on luggage to arrive from another flight. There were approx. 15-20 people trying to make connections in Austin and they were holding the plane for luggage. Usually great flights, not this one. Will have to think twice before flying SW again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by S Wright    (USA)

My husband for the first time booked three flights with Southwest. We flew from Orlando to New Orleans, from New Orleans to Dallas then from Dallas back to Orlando. We were very pleased with the service and we agreed that every seat on a Southwest flight IS compatible to flying first class with any other carrier. They all should take note, IJS. You must remember to print your boarding pass 24 hours prior to your flight departure, this will determine your boarding zone. The check in was so smooth! No need to fly with any other carrier.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Donna Trenkwalder    (USA)

Yesterday 10/6/2013 my husband and I traveled on flight #320 from Phoenix to SF and although the trip was smooth and uneventful we were disappointed that throughout the entire flight (except the last few minutes for landing) the lights in the cabin were dimmed a bit, but were never turned completely off. I can only speak for the two of us but I found it very annoying and not relaxing at all. It turned our two hour flight (that I was looking forward to closing my eyes and relaxing) to one in which I was looking at my watch frequently anxious for the flight to end. Disappointing for sure!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Ivan Dzhur    (USA)

I flew Southwest today for the first time. Flight 905 LGA to Chicago Midway. Easy check in online, pre-queue at the airport. Seats are comfortable with decent legroom, clean and new aircraft, professional cabin crew. Left 5 min late due ramp congestion but arrived in Midway 20 min earlier. Will fly with them again and certainly would recommend.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Steve Hume    (USA)

Birmingham AL to Orlando FL on Oct. 2, 2013. Flight number 243. Southwest has fallen into the cattle service crowd. Not only nothing special here, their cute casual personality now falls short and is boring. Non service oriented on the plane and even worse in re-shuffling flight schedules for maximum load making paying customers wait in airports because their original flight get canceled. A value no longer, all the best, I'm flying with someone who cares about my loyalty.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2013 by P Miller    (UK)

Three recent trips on Southwest (AUS-DEN, DEN-SMF, SFO-PHX). All three were delayed, with times ranging from an acceptable 20 mins to a nail biting 75 mins delay which meant we almost missed our connecting flight. Gate agents were all friendly and kept us informed. On board was a different matter with rarely a smile from the flight attendants. Southwest used to be so different from the competition, but I don't think this is the case anymore. Free checked bags is certainly an advantage though.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2013 by T Vronay    (USA)

This was our first time with Southwest, round-trip from DEN-LAX, both flights left and arrived on time. There were no problems or delays with boarding. Check-in and baggage check-in very efficient. This was wonderful considering that we have often flown United, USAir, American, Delta and not once did the plane leave on time, and had problems with loading. The crew were polite and courteous, unlike those other US airlines we have flown.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Val Wilson    (USA)

I recently flew to New York City and my airport was LaGuardia. The flight to New York was fine and went without a problem. However, my return flight home where I was on a time crunch was quite different. I recognize that the delay in getting home was due to lighting strikes in the area, not an organizational management issue of SW, and for safety considerations all flights in and out of LaGuardia were delayed. The terminal at LaGuardia is far too small to accommodate the business for Southwest especially when an unforeseen event occurs as in this case. SW had one Customer Care representative trying to handle a large number of passengers. Finally another representative showed up. Then appeared a supervisor who decided to make an issue with his subordinate about how long his break was to be, I have never witnessed such unprofessional behavior at an airline counter as this. It was unbearable in that worn out terminal - nowhere to sit, people sitting on the floor, in walkways and exit ways. I stood in- line again just to be given misinformation from that same supervisor/manager that there would no problem. After 5.5 hours in that crowed musty terminal, I went out of security back down to the check-in counter where I found a representative who was helpful. I don't think I will take SW to New York especially via LaGuardia ever again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  16 September 2013 by L Taylor    (New Zealand)

SFO-LAS. First time flying Southwest! The crew were hilarious. Great, quick flight - left and arrived on time, boarding was quick and efficient and the baggage arrived quickly. Loved this airline and would happily fly them as my carrier of choice for my next trip to America.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Chisu Suh    (USA)

From Vegas back to San Francisco. In Group B, I was one of the first people to board the plane. When I heard my group being called, I stood in line in the right number section that was written on my boarding pass. Following the people in line in front of me, I presented my boarding pass to the attendant and she responded in such a rude way I never want to fly Southwest again. As I presented my boarding pass, without eye contact, she handed it back to me. Instead of placing it back in my hand, she practically tossed it to me, landing on the ground. She instead grumbled, this isn't your group. Please wait to board when I call your group. Confused, I replied, is this group B?” She stared at the pass for a while and responded, “Oh, I thought I called the wrong group!” And finally let me board. This frustrated me as the attendant didn't make eye contact with me the whole time we were talking. The captain and crew members were unprofessional and laughed many times over the main speaker when making announcements. My flight was on Sunday around 10.30am departing from Vegas. Not such a great way to end my vacation.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  6 September 2013 by D Bergstrom    (USA)

I'm Executive Platinum with AA and as we live in Austin, AA is usually our carrier of choice. Recent trip to LAS, we booked Southwest for the non-stops on this round trip. Never been on Southwest before and I was sure they were not going to match AA. Paid for Early Boarding and received low A group boarding on both flights. Their airport kiosks for bag drop is very user friendly and both flights were the fastest check in I've experienced. I don't mind paying baggage fees when I have to, but the 2 bags free policy was a nice change. Boarding was organized and everyone paid close attention as where to stand in line. The planes are very clean and the seats for coach are great. Standard legroom and the open seating was fine for this trip. Very fast boarding, they may be on to something here. Fast on board service without carts in the aisle. Overall a very nice trip and would easily use Southwest again for certain trips out of Austin. They do serve a niche.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  5 September 2013 by John Doherty    (USA)

Had the displeasure of flying Flight 2878 (9/2/2013) last night from Dallas to St. Louis. Flight was supposed to depart at 7.05pm but we were in the plane on the ground at 7.25pm when I got a voice mail message from Southwest Airlines to tell me that the flight would leave at 7.25pm. Flight taxied out at 7.35pm and got in position to take off when the flight crew declared a "Medical Emergency" and returned to the terminal where we sat until 8.05pm. Finally took off and landed in St. Louis at 9.30pm - 50 minutes late. Sunday night flights to St. Louis are repeatedly late.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  5 September 2013 by A Douglas    (USA)

Our first and last time using Southwest. We flew from New York (LGA) to Chicago (MDW) over the Labor Day weekend. Outbound trip was ok, but the return was chaotic. Our return flight was scheduled for an 8pm departure but was delayed to 11pm due to some weather issues which we can understand. However, they kept changing the departure status from 11pm to 10.30pm to 9.10pm and then to 9.45pm. When they changed it to 9.10pm, this was when we had to scramble to the airport. We managed to make it to Midway but we were scattered on the plane even when we had Boarding group A. Either way, it is best to avoid Southwest Airlines at all costs.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  3 September 2013 by Irene Buhalo    (USA)

Horrible experience coming home from Disneyworld in Orlando on Saturday, August 31. The Southwest flight from Orlando to Chicago missed the connecting flight to Philadelphia by about 10 minutes. We were put on standby for the next flight to Philadelphia, 4 hours later, but they did not have 4 tickets for my family for that flight (but they sent our checked-in luggage back to Philadelphia on that flight). We were then told at the MDW Southwest desk that there was no flight to Philadelphia for another 3 days, but that Southwest was not offering us any overnight lodging or meal vouchers. We were incredulous. At least a dozen other Philadelphians were stranded. We finally took city transit to Union Station and grabbed an Amtrak to NYC, then were back home in Philadelphia Sunday night.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Paul Davis    (Canada)

Another pleasant set of flights on Southwest. BUF-LAS, 737-700, LAS-BUF, 737-800 (Sky interior with larger overhead bins). Got the seats with double leg room on both flights even with an A30/A37 boarding number. Glad I paid for Early-bird check-in. ($12.50 US each way). Bag drop a bit slow in BUF - can't understand why they don't have a dedicated bag drop line. All flights on time. Drink/snack service on all legs, with an additional water service on the longer legs. Luggage delivered quickly at LAS and BUF. Already planning my next trip on Southwest.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  28 August 2013 by J Morrison    (USA)

I have traveled Southwest for years. Always good service and friendly flight attendants. Recently I flew from Omaha to Las Vegas. I arrived at McCarran Airport at approximately 12.10pm. I had to get to my shuttle location by 12.30pm, otherwise, I would have to wait until 2pm to catch the next shuttle. I didn't think that there was anyway I could catch the 12.30pm shuttle because of the time to get the baggage off the plane. To my complete amazement, the luggage arrived very quickly and I was able to get to the shuttle that left at 12.30pm.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Randi Westphal    (New Zealand)

I've flown 12 separate flights on Southwest over the last 5 months and I have always found the flights to be pleasant. The line-up seating encourages passengers to interact and the crew have always been friendly and helpful. The on-board wi-fi for $8/day was well worth the expense and can be off-set by the fact that there is no charge for up to two 50 lb bags! Granted there is no 5-star service, but Southwest provides an enjoyable experience for a great price.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  23 August 2013 by A Christopher    (USA)

Definitely not for families, as you will have to be seated separately throughout the plane. The initial airfare is low until you pay the extra fees for earlier check-in times so you get a chance to sit together. I checked in 2 hours early, sat in the back seat where the cabin narrows, very uncomfortable, and my family was spread throughout the plane. To my surprise, flight attendants got up after sitting in passenger allocated seating after everyone had boarded and joked about empty seats! This airline is a nightmare! However, if you are traveling alone, and can check in at least a week early, and are comfortable with pushing, shoving, and being rude, then maybe this airline is for you.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2013 by M Estrella    (USA)

OAK - HOU round trip, 73Fs both ways and I was in Seat 5F going and 4F on the return. Evolve Interior not bad and my only complaint is a lack of power ports. Cute cookies. Staff not at all bad. Only real complaint was that outbound flight was delayed, but they made up for the delay in the air so even though I literally ran through HOU, I did pick up my rental car before they closed for the day.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2013 by Christina Papavasiliou    (USA)

They did not hold my plane for my connecting flight. I asked the flight attendant to whisk me to the front of the plane so I could make a run for it, and he said, "they'll hold the plane for you. I've worked here for 25 years and we've never just left someone behind." Well, after waiting for 100 people to deplane I made a run for it and got to the gate just as the plane was pulling away.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2013 by B Pitts    (USA)

Had a flight from MD to FL, the most unorganized flight I have ever been on. It is as if they have never had a flight before! Yes, it was that bad! I have been using this company for years and after this experience, I will never use them again! It was simply chaos. Avoid at all cost!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2013 by T Xavier    (USA)

August 2013, DEN-OMA-DEN. Travelled to Omaha for business trip. Plane about 80% full both flights. First time in a long time-actually can't remember when-both flights arrived on time. FAs very pleasant and helpful, really nothing to criticize; would recommend based on punctuality alone.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2013 by Phil McConnell    (Australia)

LAX-DEN-MKE-LAX. All flights worked a treat except a delay out of Denver due to fog of all things - and Denver sits at 5000 feet! Paid for early check-in and was in low A group every time. Once you understand their system, and its quite logical, SW is a great airline to fly with.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  2 August 2013 by C Brosig    (USA)

HOU-LGA-HOU on 737-300 both ways. Boarding was chaotic; cattle herding people onto the plane was very unusual and not efficient. Seats and aircraft were outdated. Seats were very uncomfortable and gave me little legroom. I found myself having to move around in my seat every 30 seconds. Flight attendants were slow to respond. Inflight entertainment was a SkyMall magazine, free viewing of the news networks (FOX, ABC, etc.), free flight tracking software, and slow, overpriced wifi for 8 USD. Turbulence was awful coming into LGA. Only good thing about was that you get 2 bags free.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Kristin Sewall    (USA)

July 23, flight 2528. Very poor customer service from flight attendant. I realize its been a long day for them, but when customer service is 90% of your job, the expectation is that you bite your younger when passengers are upset about unexpected plane changes. Her condescending "Hun" is unacceptable.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Michael Keely    (USA)

My plane landed at 6pm today. I wasn't even suppose to leave the plane, just board more passengers then off to Flint. Well we all had to unload and wait for them to find another pilot. For an hour were held due to weather issues. Then they decided the pilot would be with us at 9pm, this was delayed until 945. So we load, get ready to leave at 10.15 and then there was a "mechanical issue" that had to be checked. 30 mins later we finally got ready to take off. Then the pilot comes over the PA to tell us we were going back to the gate. So 11.00 at night and were waiting for them to find another pilot. Moral of the story. Save yourself time and money and don't fly Southwest.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Bonnie Steinbock    (USA)

I flew from Albany, NY to Oakland, CA to get married. When the crew found out I was getting married, I was presented with a bottle of Korbel champagne! What a lovely gesture from an airline that puts service first.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Karen Arm    (USA)

Southwest is not the on time airline it used to be. I was on a flight from Salt Lake City to Phoenix in march and it was delayed 5 hours. Then my children were flying from Phoenix to Providence as unaccompanied minors in June and they were on the plane and it had an issue so they had to deplane and find another airplane. They arrived 3 hours late and one hour before my husband who was also flying into Providence whose plane was delayed coming from Tampa. So the grandfather had to drive to the airport at 12.30 am to get the kids as they were unaccompanied minors. Now I am on a plane headed to Boston and it is delayed by two hours taking away they night I had planned in the city. I have been a loyal SWA customer but no more.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  11 July 2013 by Allison Veintimilla    (USA)

Non-stop from Rochester to Orlando. Friendly crew. We traveled with our two children, one being a toddler. The staff were friendly and courteous and checked on us several times. We didn't have any delays except on return and it was only ten minutes. I would definitely fly Southwest again!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  11 July 2013 by Tyler Devenny    (USA)

Great flight. Flew from TPA-MDW non-stop. Nothing bad on the whole flight. Had a slight delay, because there was a passenger who could not find his seat. Flight had an early arrival. Would fly again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2013 by M Baum    (USA)

I fly every other week, and have been a loyal SW customer for years. I have, however, noticed that more and more recently over the past year that my flights are delayed. I'm not sure if its an issue that arose from the AirTran acquisition or just their rapid expansion and growth, but something is definitely amiss. More frequent and longer delays have me worried about the future and continuing to use SW exclusively. I have found that the best way to avoid said delays is taking one of the first few flights of the day, avoiding delays that seem not to stem from weather/mechanical issues, but rather confusion that just seems to pick up steam throughout the day. If you don't like to wake up early, bring a good book!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2013 by A Clarke    (Ireland)

Nashville-New Orleans on July 1st. Slightly delayed due to weather where the incoming plan left from but after that it was good. Free soft drink, snack and checked bag, can't believe Ryanair are based on Southwest, worlds apart.

1 2 3 4 5 6