Southwest Airlines Passenger Reviews and Southwest Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Allison Kalenga    (USA)

I had my two minor sons fly from my mom's in OAK to LAX. When they arrived at the airport my mother went about getting them checked in. They were treated as if they were 18 and 25! They were not boarded separately note were they seated by flight attendants. The attendants only offered he usual snack and drink and when they deplaned, they were sent off of the plane into LAX terminal unaccompanied! When I asked about the policy, we were told that since our 13 year old was over the age of 11, he was responsible for our six year old traveling with him. This is a cash cow low class airline which I will never allow my kids to travel on again! Southwest flight 950 from Oakland to Los Angeles on Friday, April 18, 2014.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by N Shyshkin    (Canada)

BUF-MCO-BUF. The unassigned seating is such a pain, because then you have flight attendants yelling at you to choose any available seat. Both flights were on a Boeing 737-300. Cramped seating but flight attendants were polite and nice once you were in the air. In-flight magazine is terrible but the free snacks ands drinks helped. Although Southwest does have some of the best baggage policies in all of North America.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by J Hernandez    (USA)

EWR-HOU-EWR. I flew on an early flight to Houston Hobby. The flight was extremely empty and there was a ton of seats. I got A23 and A24 for that flight. Staff were quite attentive and provided us with snacks and drinks. We got into Houston around the time we should get there. Our return flight was delayed 90 minutes and we got a different plane. There were also delays at EWR so I just had to deal with it. The staff was just as attentive. Once we landed, one of the flight attendants did apologize for the delay. Although I did not check any bags, they got off the plane extremely quickly. I would fly them again!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by Graham Marcus    (USA)

Return trip from Denver, change in Baltimore than land in Islip, NY landing at 8.45pm. I did not know that the first leg of the trip was stopping in Louisville, but I learned that a "direct" flight does not mean non-stop. Louisville to Baltimore was canceled and I was the only passenger that they let on, all others were stopped and told about the situation. There was no announcement about the cancellation, so when we landed in Louisville I asked the flight attendant and she sent me to the gate attendant who put me on a flight to Chicago then to LaGuardia airport landing at 12.00am. Told my luggage was left on the plane that was going to Orlando. Turns out my luggage didn't go to Orlando and was taken off in Louisville. It eventually made its way to Islip the next day. Because of the late arrival and distance from home, I was forced to get a car service at a cost of $120.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by James Moninger    (USA)

I have avoided using Southwest in the past, as I don't like lines, pushing and shoving, or unassigned seating. Nonetheless, after hearing about SWA's Business Select Class, I decided to give them a try. For about $60 more than the walk-up fare, Business Select guarantees the passenger a boarding pass in the A1-A15 group, thus being among the first to board. I was thrilled when I checked in online and received boarding pass A-1. The gate room seemed fairly empty, and Southwest agents were hawking upgrades for $40 to anyone wanting to move up in the short boarding line. Upon boarding the aircraft, I discovered that there were already 90 through passengers already on the airplane. Little overhead space available and mostly middle seats. Although the staff was affable and tried their best, I found this to be an extremely uncomfortable way to travel, and recommend strongly against wasting money for Business Select.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Peter Dandridgee    (USA)

The airline is fine as far as on time, baggage goes through quickly, staff are friendly and helpful. However the boarding procedure (no assigned seats) is just a way to charge people for a reasonable line placement. So when considering flying SW with a family that would like sitting together add from 15 to 40 dollars to the price of a ticket and purchase the upgrade. All and all a fine airline for those flying alone but not family friendly.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2014 by B Elliott    (USA)

Southwest 1696 on April 1st from Baltimore to Denver. By using the rapid rewards debit card we got throughout the year, we are able to take a vacation for no more than $30 each year ($30 is tax). We always check in on the dot of 24 hours before departure, and usually get A or B boarding groups. We love that we get to choose our own seat. The staff are always very friendly, and the new free TV on board every flight is my 2 kids favorite past time.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Neelum Kumar    (USA)

I was horrified by the policy of changing flights at SouthWest. I had a round trip ticket and was able to return home earlier so arrived at Nashville airport 11.30 looking to get on the almost empty 1.20 pm flight. I was informed that I would have to pay $250 to purchase a new ONE WAY ticket home. I paid less than that for the round-trip flight. I did not expect this since I was told that SW was customer friendly and did not charge change fees. No, they just charge you for a whole new ticket instead. I am trapped in Nashville for the next 8.5 hours thanks to their policy.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  18 March 2014 by K Skip    (USA)

Having flown 45 weeks or so annually and now scaling back, I fly Southwest for both business and pleasure. Southwest is an easy transition. With all the cutbacks and cattle calls that airlines have migrated to, SW at least makes it simple, ABC. If you can't figure that out, sit in the middle. Their gate attendants are knowledgeable, take the same stupid questions over and over yet answer them in a polite manner.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2014 by Yolanda Dolby    (USA)

My husband and I will avoid Southwest/AirTran at all costs. Vacation to Cabo, 3/1/14 with connections in Denver. 1 hour late getting off ground in Milwaukee as plane was over weight and they had to kick 8 people off. Late arrival in Denver forced mad rush to gate in different terminal for connection to Cabo. Returning to Milwaukee, 3/10/14, plane was 1 hour late getting in and leaving Cabo, which again created havoc in Denver for connection back to Milwaukee. The absolute kicker is they lost both of our bags going to Cabo (30 hours before returned) and returning to Milwaukee (36 hours before returned). Unbelievable incompetence. Your bags fly free - you just don't know where!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2014 by J Burnam    (USA)

Las Vegas to Richmond, VA. Booked with AirTran, but transported by Southwest from LAS to ATL. Biggest problem I have with Southwest is no seat assignment. That's why I picked AirTran. With Southwest, I feel like I'm treated like cattle and herded through the process of boarding the plane. I believe AirTran has the right approach for boarding. That is, 1) assigned seats and 2) boarding by zones. I can't understand why the general flying public tolerates Southwest's cattle call boarding. Southwest's prices are right, but their anywhere you want seating is for the birds.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2014 by Dolby John    (USA)

Vacation to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, scheduled 3/1/14. Boarded in Milwaukee with a connection in Denver. When we arrived at check in we were told the flight had been 'overbooked' by 5 passengers. We received the last 2 boarding passes luckily. Upon being seated and waiting for 15 minutes, the flight attendant announced that the plane was over-weight and 8 passengers would have to leave. It took another 30 minutes to adjust the weight before we took off - 1 hour after schedule. Upon arriving in Denver, an hour late, we had to rush to another terminal to catch our connecting flight to Cabo. Flight to Cabo went on schedule until standing at the luggage carousel our 2 pieces of checked luggage never came out. It was not until 30 hours later, that our luggage finally showed up. On our return, when we checked in at the airport, it was announced that our plane was delayed an hour. Taking off to Denver again, we realized we were facing a potential connect issue again. Once entering the U.S., we needed to go through customs in Denver before boarding our flight to Milwaukee. Once through customs you need to claim your luggage and then recheck it with Southwest/AirTran. We then had to pass through security before racing to another terminal where our gate was located because of late arrival. We boarded the plane and left for Milwaukee arriving at 10pm on-time. We then went to retrieve our luggage and once again our two bags never showed up. It took another 36 hours to get our bags delivered to our home.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by G Hendrick    (USA)

Flew from Nashville-Houston-Dallas last Tuesday. As usual so many people have to bring their suitcases on board with them these days that we leave late. We get to Houston and our connection flight is down, they finally get it fixed and we leave out almost an hour late getting into Dallas only to hear they don't know where our luggage is. We later find out that the plane had a lot of freight so they made us wait an hour for our luggage. I live 8 hours (by car) from Dallas and 2 hours from Nashville. Had I driven to Dallas I would have arrived at my hotel 2 hours before I actually got there by flying. On the return trip our flight from Dallas to St. Louis was late and I had to run to my connecting flight to get there before the door was closing. I think this airline is slipping so I intend to start looking at others after always using Southwest without checking.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  28 February 2014 by G Carlos    (USA)

Flown from Houston to Las Vegas last week. Everything was good (except lots of passengers were drunk and yelling). Our flight departed on time and arrived 15 min prior to schedule. I had no complaints at all, for the price it was a fair trip. The return flight was delayed 40 min. Whoever is surprised by this obviously doesn't travel a lot by plane. I say for the price their flights are good, don't expect feeling as royalty of course. For short trips (4 hours max.) it's pretty enjoyable.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by E Verhaeven    (Canada)

Feb 2014 - BUF-FLL (return). We booked Southwest mainly because of the price, and I was a little apprehensive about avoiding the dreaded middle and getting a decent aisle seat. We paid an extra fee for their "early bird" check in which, in our case, allowed us to board with the first 25 passengers both outbound and return. It was a 3 hour flight and that's about all of the time I would want to spend in their cramped uncomfortable seating. But for a reasonable short flight, I'd book Southwest again. It's a basic no frills airline with no baggage fees, and it gets you there, albeit not in the most comfortable circumstances.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by William Massey    (USA)

15 minutes before scheduled takeoff gate announces delay. 45 minutes later gate announces mechanical problems and further delays. All passenger were being re-routed. 3 hours later flight is canceled and they offer to get me home tomorrow with no compensation for delay. Its as if they said, "if our planes fly we will take you, if not too bad, there are no guarantees". Finally when I asked to be booked on tomorrow's flight until I could see if I could buy a ticket on another airline, I was told, "if we do we can not refund any of your money because we will have solved your problem".

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2014 by Trahey Dorothy    (USA)

Our flight was 20 minutes late taking off because there was a previous flight still at the gate. As soon as the last person walked off, the passengers in wheelchairs were boarded, so obviously there was no time to clean the plane. The washroom was very dirty. Yesterday at 6.15, flight 1957, Ft. Myers to Chicago. Southwest was trying to keep on schedule but please clean the plane.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  11 February 2014 by D Lee    (USA)

Feb 8th, flight 2178, Orange County to San Francisco. Feb 5th, flight 2962, Denver to Orange County. I travel quite frequently. I rarely have to check any bags but I like having the option to do so for free if I need to. I travel twice/week for the last 2 months and I have never encountered an unpleasant flight attendant, in fact I find them more than amusing. Also as someone who has flight anxiety I feel so secure when flying Southwest.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by S Baker    (USA)

I recently flew round trip from Austin to Sacramento. The boarding process went smooth, no delays, but the flight was very uneventful. The pilot was completely silent the entire flight, the flight attendant rude and very cramped seats. The return flight home was overbooked and at 100%. However, the pilot and attendants, were very pleasant and had a great sense of humor. I would advise that you fill up on food before you fly, as there is no meal service, just peanuts, pretzels, and mini Ritz sandwich crackers. It would be nice though if the pilot would make an announcement once in a while regarding your eta.

1 2 3 4 5 6