Southwest Airlines Passenger Reviews and Southwest Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2013 by Rebecca Kiefer    (USA)

The prices are great and the staff on the airplane are always friendly. The staff on the ground/at the gate are always less than desirable. My husband and I have flown Southwest 3 times in the last year from Baltimore and all 3 times I have a seat, but he is on Standby. They overbook flights all the time and then act like they're doing me a favor by finding someone else to take a later flight. I paid for my ticket(s) at least 2-3 months in advance. The customer service is absolutely awful at BWI. Never again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  26 March 2013 by S Quei    (USA)

Last Monday (3/18/13), flight 1990 from SNA to SJC was 20 minutes late, and this raised the possibility that the plane would not be able to take off before the 10pm airport curfew. The gate agent repeatedly motivated us to expedite our boarding. The flight took off before the curfew, and the cabin crew provided their usual friendly service during flight. We arrived at SJC only 10 minutes behind schedule despite the late departure. For non-stop flights, this airline remains my top choice for domestic flights.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2013 by Louise McCarthy    (Australia)

Took two flights with Southwest during March - New Orleans to Nashville, and Nashville to Newark. We were delayed a few hours on the Nashville-Newark trip due to bad weather but were kept informed at all times and we were impressed by the good humour and personalities of the flight and cabin crew. Definitely worthwhile checking in online 24 hours prior to flight as you can get a good position in the queue for boarding. Overall, a great budget option comparable to our home grown equivalent Virgin Australia. We were rewarded with a $100 travel voucher for the delay from Nashville also - much appreciated. Would definitely recommend Southwest.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2013 by Chris Mann    (USA)

We flew from MSP into Las Vegas and had a great flight. Staff at the check in gate were friendly and had a sense of humor! Staff aboard plane were helpful and had a smile! A pleasant change from many airlines we have flown on. The fact that there is no extra baggage fee, free snack and free beverage just added to the enjoyment of the flight. Our plane out of Las Vegas was delayed and the connecting flight in Denver actually waited for us! We'll book again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2013 by S Selvaraj    (Canada)

BUF-MSP-BUF (Feb 28/Mar 8). Excellent value for money and definitely a winning proposition hands down when compared to flying from Pearson (YYZ). Both legs arrived before time. Efficient operation with crew (both apt and air) always on the ball with updates. On the return leg, they scheduled a Boeing 737-900, (bright and with lots of overhead cabin space) to accommodate the additional load due to storm cancellation the day before. BUF and MDW do not have the best options for food, but you can always find something ok. Don't count on much for breakfast at MSP if flying out early.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2013 by Edmund Lupkas    (USA)

Traveling from MCO to BDL, plane had a mechanical problem at MCO and we were forced into a delay of 4 hours. They gave every passenger a $200 voucher for the inconvenience. As usual fantastic crew and even provided us with free cocktails.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  12 March 2013 by S Hollabaugh    (USA)

March 8th our air travel with another carrier completely fell through (weather related issues). We went to the Southwest ticket counter to see if there was any possibility they could help us. Several different options were given even though we had a tight schedule and were looking to leave ASAP! Once aboard the flight the bins had great room (although, some people really do push the size of their carry-on to ridiculous proportions). Seats were comfortable (even for my husband who has a bad leg) snacks were good and the inflight crew were great!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2013 by Lee Ho Seok    (USA)

CMH-MDW-LGA return. Definitely a value airline when the tickets are purchased well in advance at a cheap price. Southwest offers up to 2 free baggage check-ins and that definitely beats most other airlines who charge extra for checked-in baggage. You get a free drink and peanuts/pretzels so cannot complain. The real negative thing about WN may be its inability to accrue miles on major mileage systems. They have their own system, but the benefits are quite limited even when you become the A-list. Another downside of WN may be its tight operation of aircraft's. As they operate on such a tight schedule one delay could trigger something like a domino effect. My final concern is about the seating order as somehow more and more people seems to be getting priority status so even a web check-in well in advance will barely get you in the A section. As a matter of fact I have been hearing that even with Early Bird Check-in purchase the seating order may turn out to be worse than you expected. Definitely something WN may have to work on.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  27 February 2013 by Barbara Lewis    (USA)

Our flight from San Jose to Phoenix was cancelled because the Portland flight had a light bulb go out and they took the plane that was designated for Phoenix. We had paid for early bird seating and had numbers A31 & 32 but were given numbers B21 & 22 and had to sit in the middle seats. It was a miserable flight!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  22 February 2013 by C Palmer    (USA)

Got stuck in Kansas City last night due to the storm and was the only flight out before Friday so I jumped on. Well, even with the new seating line-up and a B assignment so I was able to snag an aisle seat, it still was pretty unpleasant. Plane was full, ran out of overhead bins, people were grumpy, seats seemed really tight and just overall was not a very good experience. I was willing to pay extra for "business class" but they were already taken. I might be in the minority, however, I will gladly pay a little more for an assigned seat, plenty of overhead and a slightly less full flight on some of the other carriers that I fly on a weekly basis. This is not an airline for business travelers. Hopefully I won't be seeing myself on a SouthWest flight anytime soon.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  13 February 2013 by S Srinivasan    (USA)

Several flights over the last couple of months, the most recent which was DAL-STL-BWI-LIT-DAL. Online check-in and bag check has been painless, crews have been friendly and occasionally even entertaining, and all flights have either been on-time if not a little early. Flights have been on a variety of 737s (300, 500, and 700 series), both with the new and old seats. All seats provide 32-33" pitch, and better legroom than most domestic carriers. However, planes with the newer seats can be a little uncomfortable on the thighs after 3 hours or so, beware on longer flights. Price of WiFi has recently been increased to $8, or $5 for streaming TV/movies only, but you can access Southwest.com, a shopping site, and a flight tracker for free. Free soft drinks are provided, along with either peanuts/pretzels and/or a bag of chips (only on longer flights). I paid for EarlyBird on some flights, checked in exactly 24 hours before on others, and forgot a couple of times and checked in a few hours after. Beware that if you either don't pay for EarlyBird or forget to check-in exactly 24 hours in advance, you will end up in the mid-B group, and you will have your carry-on checked as bin space runs out by that point. Also, on the most recent DAL-STL leg, I got stuck with a B boarding pass despite paying for EarlyBird. Otherwise, no real problems at all.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2013 by Eric Schuchardt    (USA)

Flew round-trip St Louis to Omaha. Both flights left on time and arrived even a little early. FAs were friendly and smiled. I checked in online 24 hours before and got a good boarding number both times. The planes were clean and the leather seats were comfortable. All in all, Southwest is a good product.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2013 by J Hofmann    (USA)

I question Southwest Airline's Earlybird Check-in. Today's flight from Ft. Myers Florida to Philadelphia, PA, Flight 1431. I had booked and purchased "Earlybird" check-in back on 8/22/12. I was given Boarding Pass #B- 4. I sat next to someone who did not have "Earlybird Check-in, and checked-in hours before the flight and was given Boarding Pass A-36. This is not the first time this has happened to me.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  10 January 2013 by S Quei    (USA)

SJC (San Jose, CA) to SNA (Orange County, CA) on Dec 31, 2012, return Jan 2, 2013. Both flights within 15 minutes of scheduled departure time. Orderly boarding, gate agents professionally enforcing the A–B–C boarding-group sequence. Power outlets at the SNA gates seating areas! On-line check-in exactly 24 hours before both flights gave me an 'A' boarding group on both flights. Pilots and Flight Attendants announcements were a nice mix of professional and funny. Both flights were brief (less than 60 minutes in the air) but FA's still managed to give us a free drink and a peanut/pretzel snack. Two suitcases flew for free. To top things off, these flights were, by far, the most economical option for this round-trip trek. For domestic, direct flights, Southwest continues to be my preferred carrier.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  7 January 2013 by Xavier Sibaja    (USA)

Dec 20, 2012, Oakland to Los Angeles. Plane returned after 30 minutes in flight to departure airport due to a landing gear problem. When we got back to Oakland, told 'this plane is going nowhere'. In 20 minutes we were placed in another plane. 35 minutes on and we had to return to Oakland. Returned to Oakland. I arrived to LA on a third plane, missed my international flight and have to pay $414 US dollars to fly 2 days after my planned departure date. Give. a $100 voucher.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2013 by J Levy    (USA)

Flying home for the holidays, Southwest cancelled my flight, then offered to book me four days later. I had to book my own flight on a different airline to get in before the holidays. Southwest never notified me that my flight was cancelled? On the way back, we were delayed 4 hours when Southwest decided to re-route our plane to another city. No explanation. The pilot actually made an announcement to clarify that it wasn't his fault.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2012 by C Keys    (USA)

Recently flew from Dallas Love Field to Louisville, Ky with multiple stops round-trip. All flights were on time with consistent inflight service. The boarding process was fair and orderly. I had an A boarding number on both flights while checking in exactly 24 hours before departure.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  22 November 2012 by L Pulliam    (USA)

Reno - Vegas - Reno. As usual all went well and we were informed of any delays which were only 15 minutes or so. Good service on both flights. Crew were genuine and helpful. Ground staff pleasant and you still can't beat the two free checked bags. Southwest has a good product and will continue to get my business.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  21 November 2012 by Larry Fingar    (USA)

Flew from Albany, NY to LAX via Chicago MDW and returned a week later. On time flights, good service, pleasant crews and no baggage problems on any of the 4 flights. Most of the cabin crews showed a refreshing sense of humor. Nice airline to fly. Flew "Business Select".

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  8 November 2012 by Sitaraman Shiva    (USA)

My latest roundtrip from SJC-PHX-SJC was, as usual, excellent. Flights left on time and arrived early. Customer service on the ground and onboard was excellent with pleasant staff. Checked in bags, free for the first two on this airline, arrived intact and quickly. A superb experience when compared with the so-called full service domestic carriers within the US.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  8 November 2012 by D Manning    (USA)

ORF-MDW. 737-700 was clean and nice. Snacks served, the seats were comfortable leather, and FA's were attentive and helpful. Departed and landed on time. Only complaint: With the open seating, my mother and I were put in boarding group B31-60, and couldn't sit together.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2012 by D Hayes    (USA)

My husband and I flew from Las Vegas to Baltimore return. The seats are small and extremely uncomfortable, no elbow room. The seat cushions were thin and caused tail bone pain. We will never fly Southwest again for a flight longer than 1.5 hours. Clearly passenger comfort, even on a flight of almost 5 hours, is not a priority to Southwest.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2012 by J Kovalck    (USA)

Flew non-stop from Hartford to Las Vegas and back. Flights were delayed and overbooked. No meal service available, food consisted of an assortment of mini ritz, peanuts, etc. Beverage menu was good.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  1 November 2012 by L Pulliam    (USA)

RNO-DEN-RNO. All went well. On time except for return flight in which they held the plane 15 minutes for some connecting passengers that were on their way. We were kept informed. Crew were pleasant on all flights. The captain stood by the exit and said his thank you as we all exited. Baggage arrived safely except mine was covered in snow in Denver.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2012 by D Hoppin    (USA)

Big

BWI-DFW-BWI in Big Front Seats. Had misgivings about flying Spirit but decided to give them a chance due to perfect non-stop flight schedule for my meetings and cost savings (Spirit was half the price, even after paying extra fees to carry-on bag and Big Front Seat, equivalent to a standard US domestic first class seat). Pleasantly surprised: reasonably orderly boarding experience, new airplane, clean cabin, professional crew, and on-time flights both ways. Would fly them again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2012 by Gene Moyer    (USA)

Concerns my wife who flew from Minneapolis with a connecting flight in St. Louis. Final destination Kansas City. Plane left Mpls on time, arrived in St. Louis 30 minutes late but were assured connecting flights would hold. Upon arrival the flight left for St. Louis about 10 minutes before the arrival of my wife's flight. There were 18 people on the Mpls flight headed for KC. So presumably the flight to KC had 18 empty seats. Next flight left approximately two hours later. Upon arrival in St. Louis there was no one at the desk, they had to hunt down an SW employee to find out what was going on.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2012 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

San Diego to San Francisco. Just how a budget airline should operate. No frills but easy check in, comfortable seats, clean plane, on time departure and a sensible boarding system. Never used before but very impressed and all for just $50.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  24 October 2012 by M Cochran    (USA)

Connecting flight from Indianapolis to Austin. No choice but to fly. Got to Dallas and have been stuck on the tarmac for over 2 hours and counting. I could have driven from Dallas to Austin. The car is faster, less hassle and more reliable for these trips. I have to travel back to Dallas tomorrow and you can bet it will be on 4 wheels!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2012 by S Quei    (USA)

San Jose, CA [SJC] to Seattle, WA [SEA] on 10/10/12, returning on 10/14/12. Flight time is only 1:45 and maybe this is why I didn't mind having no video or audio entertainment, there was WiFi access available for purchase. First time dealing with their reservations system via phone, and the process of re-booking was quick, clear, and painless. Flights were on time, cabin crew friendly and efficient, soft drink, peanuts and cheese crackers were free, and my checked bag was free. I look forward to flying with them again for the holidays in December.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2012 by J Malinoski    (USA)

Most recently I flew round trip from Bradley in Hartford CT to BWI. Southwest is definitely a mixed bag. I guess if you have a small barking dog, it's great for you. Unfortunately, if you are stuck on the plane in the vicinity of this yapping dog which yapped incessantly for the entire flight, it's not so great. If you were lucky enough to get an "A" ticket, that's wonderful, but if you end up with "C" like I did, that means you are forced to fend for yourself to try and find space in the overstuffed overhead bins. Since I don't check baggage, and can never seem to be lucky enough to get an "A" ticket, I'll only fly Southwest out of sheer necessity. It's always a free-for-all stampede of confusion-in this case the flight was overbooked, so you've got people milling about, unsure what's up. The space for standing in line for the flight is ludicrous, since the line is largely ignored by most-like standing in line at the movie theatre for tickets-all of a sudden people just happen to show up to join their party, and cut in front of you without an excuse me or any kind of courtesy whatsoever. Flying on Southwest is like getting on a bus-no assigned seats. You definitely feel like part of the herd, only difference is you do get a couple of packages of peanuts and a cold drink from a smiling flight attendant.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2012 by John Farrell    (USA)

I travel from the Washington area to Denver several times a year. Previously I used United but I am increasingly using Southwest. The flights are cheaper and the quality of service is higher. My only complaint about Southwest is that the seat could have used a little more padding. I realize delays due to weather or other problems occur, but United lies about the cause.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2012 by S Quei    (USA)

Flew round-trip SJC-LAS-SJC, outbound on Sep 11 (flight 328), returning on Sep 14 (flight 259). The outbound flight was delayed 4 hours. Initially we had to wait for a couple of hours due to bad weather in LAS. That issue is not the airline's responsibility, of course. However, after we were told that LAS airport was open again, we were delayed by about an hour because staff were not able to match the people on board with their passenger manifest. Cabin crew went through the cabin 3 times counting the number of passengers. A ground staff member went through the plane and checked our ID's, one by one. Passengers were getting irritated as the clock ticked. Eventually they figured out that 1) a passenger made it into the plane without turning in a boarding pass, and, 2) a passenger was now without ID because the ground person checking the ID's left the aircraft with the ID and did not return it to the passenger. / Overall, I think it was "nicely done under the circumstances" but the ground/gate agent(s) made things harder for the passengers and the cabin crew. The return flight from LAS to SJC was uneventful. The airfare was substantially cheaper than their competition, and service was nice once we got airborne. I still recommend SWA to my friends and relatives for short, non-stop trips.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  11 September 2012 by B Chung    (USA)

LAX-OAK on a 737-300. Even though the flight was under an hour, they gave us a free soft drink as well as a snack. Flight attendants good. Got good value for money, flights very cheap and bags were free.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  11 September 2012 by James Williamson    (UK)

Flew SW from Denver to Philadelphia on 7 September. Flight was delayed by an hour due to weather in the Philadelphia area but we were kept informed of changes which was good. Boarding was nowhere near as stressful as I imagined (compared to the UK low cost carriers) and managed to get a window seat. Seats are very comfortable with adequate legroom, certainly as much as any other airline in economy. Crew were very friendly and attentive throughout the flight. Free soft drinks and as many snacks as you wanted were given out though no IFE. This flight had WI-FI which was good. Overall a pretty good flight which I would happily do again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2012 by C Rhead    (UK)

I flew with them last month between Las Vegas and Orange County. I have to say for a budget airline they include hold bags in their ticket price, a free non-alcoholic beverage and a bag of peanuts, that's more our European equivalents offer. A very comfortable leather seat with generous leg room and nice flight attendants. Checking in at the airport without my confirmation number to hand was easier than I first thought., The check in agent picked up on the fact I was not a non U.S citizen and checked us in.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2012 by Christopher Lucas    (USA)

I flew from Boston to Baltimore on Aug 28, aboard a 737-700. Great experience all around. All staff friendly and helpful. Plane was clean, seats in good shape. Very comfortable seats. All pax had arrived at the gate early so we boarded and pushed back almost 15 minutes early, so of course we arrived early. Short, easy flight but they still offered complementary peanuts and soda, water or juice. This plane was Row 44 WiFi equipped so it was available for $5. I didn't try it because it was just a 55 minute flight. I had a great experience with Southwest, no hesitation to fly them again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  4 September 2012 by D Manning    (USA)

ORF-CLE with a stopover at Chicago Midway. On the first leg of the journey, it was a Boeing 737-700, and the flight attendants were fun to be around. Leather seats were nice and comfy, and the drinks were good. They even gave out complimentary bags of peanuts, which most airlines don't do any more. On the flight to Cleveland, it was a 737-300, which was older but nice, we got peanuts again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  4 September 2012 by J Flores    (USA)

I have been on 6 flights in two days and all flights have been top notch. Take off on time, arrive early. Boarding fast and hassle free. The gate staff are nice as are flight crew. I am really impressed and highly recommend SWA.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  20 August 2012 by Phil McConnell    (Australia)

LAX-MDW-IAD-TUC-LAX. First the bad - 4 hour delay at Midway and only found out about it after peering into gate agents screen. Line-up by numbers worked well and even with a C 10 we managed to get a window seat (at the back). Snacks quite good and booze cheap. On the 4 hour delay flight (to IAD) there were only around 20 of us left and FA's did their level best to help us all out and make us comfortable. I think they were on the 12th hour of a long day. Better than most US domestics in my opinion.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  17 August 2012 by S King    (Brazil)

ONT-OAK and, later SMF-ONT. For the first flight, we booked a 2-3 weeks in advance (unfortunately, just as fares jumped, as seemed to occur every few days) and paid the $10 "Early Bird" fee, but still had numbers in the low 40s. So no chance of bulkhead or emergency row. Did better on the second flight, and managed to get first row bulkhead seats. Free drinks, but only a cup (you don't get the can). Flights were pretty much on time.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2012 by E Moore    (USA)

My family and I were given apparent "seat numbers" on our tickets, which actually just mean the order in which you line up at the gate, and the seating was actually open (and poorly organized I might add). I did not purchase the tickets personally and did not know about the open seating policy, so I thought someone was in my seat and told a flight attendant about it. She stared at me like I was crazy. It took me quite a while to find a seat on the plane, and neither my wife nor myself could sit with our very young daughter in the end. Before the return flight, my wife had to get something out of her luggage, so we asked an employee if she could get it for her. The woman rolled her eyes at us and scoffed before calling someone to get our luggage. The problem with this airline didn't end there. We waited an hour at baggage claim before they finally started loading bags onto the carousels. Fly with Southwest, if you like inefficiency.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2012 by L Farmer    (USA)

Poor customer service. Daughters first solo flight a disaster. San Diego to Denver to Pittsburgh (no plane change just a stop in Denver). Got to Denver early, then delays, left hour and 20 minutes late. Get to Pittsburgh not only did her luggage not make it but neither did some other passengers. Filed report. They said they'd call when luggage found, no phone call from them. Went to San Diego airport (40 minute trip one way plus parking for a second time) to see if luggage here. No luck.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  2 August 2012 by J Williams    (USA)

MCO-PHL return. Flight to PHL was only 15 minutes late leaving, after posting a two-hour delay. The return left on time. Two free checked bags, a cup of soda, and snacks, plus overhead comedy via funny flight attendants. My only qualm is the boarding; had A positions, but on the flight to Orlando a large group (who were holding C) blocked the path to the gate and wouldn't move, and the gate agent just let us walk around them instead of asking them to move. As the gate area was crowded, this cause some problems getting to the check-in desk. But overall, not bad.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  27 July 2012 by M McManus    (UK)

Flew between Denver and Salt Lake City. Crew were funny and helpful, telling jokes during most public announcements. Plane arrived on time and was much cheaper as an option than other airlines. The only criticism I had was you must have your booking reference to hand if you go to the desk for check in, as they don't appear to have it "in the system" if you just give them your name, but this may have changed.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2012 by E Battock    (USA)

We can all agree the airline industry is at an all time low. My experience with SWA yesterday restores my faith that someone cares about passengers. A four hr delay at Midway - airport staff were apologetic and sincere, the crew were accommodating, and we received an unexpected $100 voucher. SWA used to be the cheapest but the fares have gone up. I believe to cover free baggage. But in our case it was cheaper because the fees on the other airlines made their flights higher. I know their are a lot of complaints about seats. I used to hate SWA for that reason. I also don't like that the 24hr checkin still gives you only an A30 at best since they sell the first half of the A seats now for business select or a fee. But if you check in early you still have a good selection. The other airlines are sneakier. You may get an assigned seat but do you really have a choice? Most of my recent flights have shown me a chart selection of all centre seats and the aisles and windows for sale! Not a good way to build loyal customers.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  26 July 2012 by P Falzarano    (USA)

Round Trip Newark to Denver. All flights on time. Boarded with A group. Completely uneventful and not exciting flights. Cheapest air fare and bags free is a big plus. All in all a quality experience, if bland.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  20 July 2012 by Adam Floridia    (USA)

After a five hour delay (understandable because it was weather related), we finally boarded our plane to San Francisco via Chicago. It wasn't until Chicago that they told us that our leg to San Francisco was canceled and the plane was now traveling to Los Angeles. Being stranded in Chicago with a five month old is not my idea of a vacation. On the return trip, we got routed to Minneapolis (again, weather). However, when we did get to Chicago, we were told we now had to switch planes for the final leg back to CT. We specifically booked flights with no plane change because that is a hassle with an infant. My family will never fly Southwest again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  10 July 2012 by M Cave    (USA)

I fly frequently for my business. Southwest usually has the cheapest fares and the fact that bags fly free. Their "Open Seat" boarding policy is a little different since they are one of the only airlines that have this policy. I do see both sides of the arguments where you like to know where you seating upon booking the flight but also love the freedom of choosing your own seat as you get on the plane. The earlier you check in, the better the chance of getting the seat of your preference. I hardly ever experience rudeness from staff. Flight attendants, often add in comedic little quips in their safety instruction demonstration which I saw as quite amusing. When it comes to flying for me, 75% of the time, I fly with Southwest.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  5 July 2012 by JoAnn Olson    (USA)

I flew from San Antonio to San Diego, flight #2523 on 6/29/12. I was not familiar with their boarding system. I did not know what the number pole at the boarding area was for. I wish they had informed passengers that we need to stay in number order. The guy doing the boarding stopped me and made me wait while everyone in my group boarded. I thought that was very rude. I also did not know they put the menu in the back of the seat. When I ask the attendant what they have to drink, she was very rude and told me to look at the menu. Their fare is cheap. The seats and aisle are very cramped. My flight was 30 minutes late. They take you from A to B - that is about it. My experience left a sour taste in my mouth. I always thought highly of Southwest but not anymore.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2012 by A Gingrich    (USA)

SLC-DEN-MDW - Flying with my 3 kids and 2 nephews to visit Grandpa in Chicago. On our Denver layover, after waiting for 5 hours, our flight was canceled due to electrical problems at MDW. We were directed to the SW ticket gate into a line with hundreds of people. After waiting in the line for an hour with 5 kids, and hearing other passengers leave the line being told they would not get a flight for 2 days, I found a hotel and rented a car for the night. In the morning I called SW to ask about rebooking our canceled flight. The agent told me I had to go to the airport to get someone to do it for me. She confirmed that my only option to get on a SW flight would be to drag 5 kids to the airport to wait for the next available flight in 40 hours and hope we got on that one. That is not a reasonable option so we rented a minivan in Denver and drove to Chicago. SW also lost our luggage. Multiple attempts to call resulted in no one helping us. When we arrived in Chicago, went to Midway and the bag was sitting there. I am so frustrated with an industry that is all take, no give. You make them all these guarantees, jump through their hoops and they give you nothing in return, not even a refund when their product fails.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2012 by Thom Hartung    (USA)

Southwest gets zero stars for one reason and one reason only. Their "Open Seating" policy. Bags fly free but at SW passengers are just another bag. You pay good money to stand in a cattle chute and then maybe have to ask someone's permission to sit in a seat if you are not lucky enough to get a good boarding position. With other airlines I know I will have a seat of my choosing no matter when I board. This is called "Customer Service" which is apparently a foreign concept to SW.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  29 June 2012 by Suzanne Lawson    (USA)

Flew from Vegas to Chicago. Once we got the Vegas airport we noticed a very disgruntled vibe. The usually happy Southwest employees were very grouchy and seemed bothered to be there. We boarded the plane, actually got the very first seat with tons of leg room and finally had the opportunity to stretch out for the long ride home. From the moment the plane was to take off the complaining started. I guess there was some sort of issue with the transair merger and the flight attendant union because that is all I heard about for the entire flight. They just went on and on as if they were out for coffee at some cafe. I don't even think they realized how inappropriate it was to complain while they were on the job and within earshot of customers. It made us very uncomfortable and annoyed. Once we landed and all of bags didn't make it, that kind of sealed the deal for us. No more Southwest. Beware when you check your bags you may not see them again. We did get our bag back at midnight so we were the lucky ones. I guess the "we don't really care" attitude of Southwest is my major complaint.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  22 June 2012 by A Valdivia    (USA)

6/08/12 Flew from LAX (Los Angeles) to LAS (Las Vegas). Flight was delayed by 20 minutes which was not even bad. We were further delayed in the air for 20 more minutes because President Obama was landing at the same airport as we were. Other than that, the flight attendants were courteous, the seats were decent, had good leg room (I'm 6.2"). Returned on 6/12/12 LAS to LAX. The incoming Flight was delayed for 2.5hrs due to bad weather from the region it was coming from. I got my round trip ticket for $90. I'll definitely fly again!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  21 June 2012 by J Miller    (USA)

I have flown Southwest a number of times now. I have never experienced a problem with their staff whatsoever. I just got back from a trip from KMCO (Orlando) to KPIT (Pittsburgh) I am a student pilot myself, so when we landed, I asked one of the flight attendants if I could peek in the flight deck and they were very nice. The seats are all leather with adequate leg room. That is coming from a guy over 6 feet tall. I like the fact that Southwest does not separate the cabin by class. Apparently recently they began offering Nilla wafers as an In-Flight snack. I did not particularly care for them. Bottom line, I would recommend flying Southwest. You can get a round trip ticket for $200.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  18 June 2012 by Ryan Harle    (USA)

When my flight was changed, I thought my seat was guaranteed - after waiting 6 hours at the airport and finally on the plane, I got called to the front just to get pulled for another passenger, and then was told I need to pay extra to guarantee a seat on the next flight that was another 4 hours away. The worst 11 hours of my life.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  15 June 2012 by D Apostol    (USA)

I printed my boarding passes at home, I got A50 for departure 6 hours after the printing starting time (24 hours) and for my return I got A44, printed only 20 minutes after the beginning of the 24 hours window. So whether you print your boarding pass early or late makes no difference. At the airport there are no instructions about the boarding process. So finally I stood in line with the rest. On my return they had 2.5 hours delay, the excuse being the weather in Houston. On the return trip the flight attendants gossiped and laughed loudly like 2 schoolgirls, preventing us, the exhausted passengers, from getting a bit of rest. All in all, do your best to avoid Southwest, even if you pay a little more.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  15 June 2012 by Christina Garcia    (USA)

LAX to Vegas to Burbank. On time, seats very comfortable, cheerful staff. Very laid back feel. The only downfall is no entertainment and planes seem a little old. Great for the price.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  13 June 2012 by J Walsh    (USA)

Flew SWA for the first time between Boston and St Louis for business. On the way out to STL, I had a non- stop however on the return I had to fly through BWI (Baltimore). Nevertheless, both flights were pleasant and I was very impressed with their overall care of their paying customers. Will definitely fly them again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  7 June 2012 by E Singer    (USA)

Two round trips so far have been excellent in every respect: on time, easy boarding, pleasant crew (glad to say official flight time is under 2 hours; can't comment on comfort on a longer haul.) Of course, SW is known for the several special ways it rises above the competition: consistently cheap fares (at least for our route), those two pieces of free checked baggage, and the free reservation changes. Easy to use website is another nice advantage. As I mentioned, among us we will likely be doing 6 or more round trips on this SW route each year for a while so I will be sure to review again if any of the above changes.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2012 by L Pulliam    (USA)

RNO-DEN-IAD-BWI-LAS-RNO. Good fares, pleasant staff, on-time for the most part and when a delay comes up we are informed. This trip held true to that again. But my only issue on this trip and it is not a fault, but rather a comment. Flying cross country, non-stop on a 737 for 5 hours is a bit brutal. We did get on a brand new 737-800 for the longest sector from BWI to LAS, which was nice, but still a very long trip on a small plane that was packed to the hilt. The crew were pleasant on all sectors. The ground staff at BWI were great and the Skycap had us laughing. All in all a good product with no complaints really. Just remember to buy a meal before you get on a long flight and if you don't mind a long flight on a small plane then Southwest is the way to go. Plus you can't beat the two free check-in bags.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  30 May 2012 by M Chanthavongsa    (USA)

We fly SWA on all occasions from San Jose, CA to Ontario, CA. We have a 5 year old and this is where my comment comes in. Thinking my son has passed the pre-boarding age, we ignored the PA announcement and waited in line. The gate agent spotted my family and I and came to personally asked us to board along with the other pre-boarders. Because of this gesture, we now minimized flying Alaska Airlines. These two airlines were our sources for price comparisons whenever we do our travel. Now, we don't even bother as the prices are relatively similar and go directly to SWA.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2012 by R Morrison    (Australia)

Southwest are a cheap and cheerful airline and you get what you pay for. The cabin crew are generally friendly and helpful, the aircraft's clean although seating is tight as you would expect on a budget airline. Over the past couple of years I have flown 7 sectors with them and my only complaint is with the ground check-in staff. They are with rare exception a miserable, unhelpful lot who seem to think their faces would break if they smiled. The check-in system is different to what I am used to and the counter staff seemed to look down their noses in disdain when I was not sure how things worked. Would I fly with them again, probably not, there are a lot of other airlines competing for the same business.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2012 by T May    (USA)

OAK-ABQ return. From Oakland, check-in was quick but security was a hassle, inflight they offered stale Nilla wafers and the usual drinks, so admittedly that part was very ordinary. Staff were very nice though and seemed to like their jobs and the seats were very comfortable. The return from Albuquerque was pretty much the same, except better security, more drink runs, but less room. Still it gets the job well done and at a great price and it flies out of Oakland. I'll come back, even it isn't high-frills.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2012 by Daniel Lynch    (USA)

DCA to Islip NY on US Airways Express/Republic Airlines/Air Wisconsin (these three names were either on the plane or my ticket) and it was not a good experience. BWI to Islip, my normal way to get there, on Southwest is professional, clean, easy to book, and I get an overall confident feeling that they all know what they are doing. It took being lured into the DCA/US Airways flight by the relative convenience to see the other side but I learned my lesson. I'll drive the 50 miles to get to BWI from now on.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  15 May 2012 by H Kemp    (Australia)

We travelled on three different legs with Southwest recently and were very impressed with the friendly crew, clean and comfortable plane, free baggage and the plane left and arrived on time or early on each occasion. On two of three legs we paid the extra $10 for priority boarding - well worth as the flight was quite cheap compared to other airlines in the first place. The free drink and nuts were a bonus.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  10 May 2012 by C Smith    (USA)

I usually enjoy travelling on Southwest, I like the relaxed and friendly crew. The free checked bag policy is really a plus. The boarding and open seating policy is speedy and efficient, and its no problem finding seats for the family together if you check-in online 24 hours in advance. The coffee if free and as much as you want, seconds and thirds on snacks too. 5$ in-flight Wifi is great for doing work. Not so great for video streaming though. The seats are comfortable enough, I never get uncomfortable.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2012 by M Glenn    (USA)

As a family of four, with children ages 7 and 11, we had to sit in 3 different locations both on our flight to Florida, and our return trip. This was unacceptable, and staff simply shrugged and said there was nothing they could do about it. They did ask a single passenger to move so that our 7 year old be permitted to sit with his mother on the return flight. I would very highly recommend against any and all families ever even considering to fly Southwest airlines.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2012 by Anne Wiggins    (USA)

In the past two weeks I flew Southwest cross country and also another major airline. The contrast between Southwest and this other airline was unreal. Friendly, courteous, organized, on time, generous with baggage check (no fees for first 2), generous with snacks/drinks. The only reason I took another airline in the first place was because Southwest didn't fly to the location I had to visit.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  25 April 2012 by S Mees    (USA)

We flew Southwest with our 3 young boys. Extremely nervous because my older son is peanut and peanut dust allergic. Flight attendants were aware and made the flight peanut free. Our 1st plane was freshly cleaned, we were able to pre-board. Seats are leather, so made it easier to clean. Our return flight, flight attendants also made sure no peanuts were served, the check-in counter confirmed his allergy was in the system and everyone was aware. We also pre-boarded and on both flights sat in bulkhead seats. Southwest was great, extremely considerate and very professional.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2012 by T Wenger    (USA)

Besides the obvious advantages of reasonable prices, 2 free checked bags, and free coffee, tea, water, soda and snacks on flights, what you need to know about Southwest is that they are almost always on time and quite often arrive early. We have never had a problem with luggage - checked or carried on. Flight staff are pleasant Seats aren't the roomiest ever, but flights aren't that long.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2012 by Bill Rosinger    (USA)

I fly Southwest frequently and until my most recent flight I have been a satisfied customer. Last flight was my first on a plane with their redesigned/reconfigured interior. There is simply less legroom with the new seat configuration. I was cramped and uncomfortable. The seats themselves are very nice but if you are 6 ft or taller you will be uncomfortable. The purpose of this review is to simply give a heads up to people whose height might make a long trip very uncomfortable.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  21 April 2012 by Meagan Trembath    (Australia)

Recently took 7 Southwest flights within the USA and could not complain about one of them. They don't have select seating but as they are usually short flights, it doesn't matter. All flights were on time and the staff very friendly.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  21 April 2012 by E Stratter    (USA)

LAS-OMA-LAS. I like flying Southwest, because it's the most hassle-free airline in the US. However the plane I took yesterday was filthy and I am not talking about dirt from the last flight. This dirt was on the carpet and side of seats. Food particles, dried up soda, chewing gum etc. Keeping a cabin clean is easy and should be paramount.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  16 April 2012 by O Spreadbury    (UK)

Newark-Denver return. Outbound flight on time, checked in easily online and bag drop and boarding was swift. Cabin crew were excellent and very attentive. Complimentary drinks were great and snacks were good. A meal for the 3.5 hour flight would have been more substantial. Flight back was 3 hours late. We checked in online without difficulty. Bag drop and boarding was just as swift and the crew were excellent. Legroom both ways was well above what you get with most low cost airlines.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2012 by B Hess    (USA)

My wife and I recently flew from Newark to Reno via Chicago (Midway) and then Reno to Newark with a connection in Phoenix. The boarding process was simple and quick, flight attendants on all 4 planes were very courteous. Our plane from Phoenix was delayed 15 minutes, however we landed on time. The other 3 flights all landed early. Pleasant experience, highly recommended.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  10 April 2012 by S Spivey    (USA)

Roundtrip between Baltimore and Greenville, SC. Had to leave very early and change in Chicago on the way out, which does not make sense. Dislike the general admission seating cattle call. Some passengers were very rude about it on the return flight. Will be sticking with United or another legacy carrier from here on out. Might pay a little more, but would rather have a more comfortable flight.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  9 April 2012 by S Koenig    (Brazil)

SMF-ONT. Southwest is the only airline non-stop on this route. Check-in was fairly quick. We paid $10 for early check-in and still weren't near the front of the line, but managed to get emergency row seats. Service was fine. Nothing special, but flight was just an hour long. Flight was on time and our luggage arrived safely.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2012 by Michael Glenn    (USA)

We recently traveled as a family of 4 with children aged 7 and 11. Due to the fact that there is no reserved seating, we were forced to sit in 3 very separate places throughout the plane on both outgoing and incoming flights. Both flights were very miserable. Their rates may be low, but do remember the old adage "you get what you pay for"!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2012 by K El Mekati    (USA)

Houston to Newark, roundtrip. Two free 50lb checked bags and a carry on and large purse. Staff are friendly, planes always clean and leg room is good. They have been updating their fleet with newer restrooms, cabin interior and wifi. They give free soda, juice, water, and snacks. Charge for alcohol and energy drinks.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  12 March 2012 by J Crespo    (USA)

IND to MSY with a layover in MCO round trip. Flight attendants had conversations with passengers, which gave all 4 of my flights a friendly atmosphere. All but 1 of my flights arrived early. Make sure you check-in as soon as you can so you aren't stuck with a middle seat.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  7 March 2012 by K Chinn    (Australia)

LAX-LAS. Flight left/arrived on time. Quick 45 min flight from LA to Vegas, free drink and snack served. Leg room ok as flight was completely full. Southwest allow 2 free checked bags as opposed to most other US airlines who charge for checked baggage.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  27 January 2012 by Liam Walshe    (Canada)

BUF-LAX (via PHX), SAN-SFO, and SFO-BUF (with a stop in MDW along the way). Paid $125 each way between BUF and LAX and between SFO and BUF, and $49 for SAN-SFO. Fare included 2 free checked bags. Excellent value for price paid! All my flights arrived early and were operated by newish 737-700's. All flights (except SFO-BUF) were packed, but I got the bulkhead window seats which were very comfortable. FA's were friendly, especially on the BUF-PHX and MDW-BUF legs. Having Internet on my long return flight made the time fly by, and for the most part it worked very well.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2012 by S Quei    (USA)

SJC to SNA return. I checked in online for both flights early enough to get an "A35" boarding position for both flights, and that was good enough to get seats in an emergency exit aisle, with great legroom. Both flights on time, and flight attendants efficient and friendly. There is no inflight entertainment unless you bring a laptop to use their WiFi and you still get a free soft drink and peanuts/pretzels. Being able to check-in a suitcase for free is fantastic nowadays! I would rate the seat comfort very good.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  13 January 2012 by Angelo Tzarevski    (South Africa)

Chicago Midway to Boston return. Flights operated by a relatively new 737-700. Both on time. Leg room is generous for a low cost carrier. Flight attendants were polite and efficient. I was allowed to check in two 50lb bags for free and to take a carry-on bag as well. Seats were comfortable and leg room decent, especially for a low cost. We were served a complimentary snack and offered non-alcoholic beverages with free re-fills. Boarding was efficient. My only quirk with Southwest is that they do not have assigned seating, hence getting a preferred seat is tricky, unless you pay the extra $10 and get early boarding. I had not done that but in hindsight I think the extra $10 is well worth it (especially if you want a window seat). I highly recommend Southwest due to their efficiency, friendly staff and complimentary beverages.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  12 January 2012 by P Davis    (Canada)

BUF-TPA return flights on time. B737-700 to Tampa and 737-500 back to Buffalo both quite clean, although B737-500 showing its age.  FA's friendly, especially on the way back to Buffalo.  The extra $10 for early boarding was well worth it on return - ended up with a mid "A" boarding group number and got the Exit seat with about 3 feet of legroom in front - if you're tall, this is the seat you want.   My home airport is Toronto but I'll drive to Buffalo for fares that are generally half the price of flying out of Toronto.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  6 January 2012 by C McLeod    (USA)

Avoid if you are travelling with children over 4 years of age. My wife, 5 year old son and I were unable to obtain a boarding pass prior to our arrival at the airport, and as a result under Southwest's "open-seat" policy we boarded when only single seats were available. My wife politely asked if any passenger would be willing to move so our son could sit with her and no one responded. The flight attendant did not attempt to assist us despite witnessing our dilemma. Fortunately, a sympathetic passenger finally offered to move to allow my wife to sit with our son. It appears Southwest has decided that 5 year old children are sufficiently mature to sit apart from their parents on 3 hour flights. I recommend that you avoid Southwest if you are flying with children over the age of 4 or your family may be placed in the same position as mine.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  15 December 2011 by D Anthony    (USA)

BOI-SNA round trip. Took my 4 year old son. We had no problems whatsoever on our flights. Connected in Las Vegas heading to SNA, then Phoenix heading back to Boise. Flight from SNA to PHX was overbooked, but since I was travelling with a 4 year old, we got on right after the "A" group. I thought the boarding process was odd and I prefer assigned seating, but I saved so much money on the lack of baggage fees, it was worth it to me. Seats were more comfortable and I had more legroom than on other airlines I've flown. I'd fly SWA again for sure.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  21 November 2011 by D Eidelson    (USA)

SAN-PHX roundtrip. The flight from SAN to PHX was delayed at the gate for 40 minutes in San Diego. The plane, however, was a new refurbished looking 737-700. Very comfortable. The flight back was on an old worn looking 737-300. The flight was a little bumpy to begin with, but it got smoother as we went along. We arrived on time at the gate in SAN. Cabin crew were friendly both ways.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  18 November 2011 by R Larson    (USA)

DEN-LAX to connect with international flight on another carrier. On-time flight was most important. Staff at check-in, gate and onboard was pleasant and professional. Clean aircraft. Seat pitch comfortable for 6-foot passenger. Fare same as other carriers but "Bags fly free" saved our family $60.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  1 November 2011 by Sean Symon    (USA)

IND-BWI and BWI-IND. First trip was on a Boeing 737-700 aircraft. Seats a little worn but plane was clean. The flight was rather empty, so had three seats to myself. The crew was okay, prefer flight attendants to be dressed professionally rather than casual. The flight on the way back was full, plane arrived on time in BWI and crew was much better this time round. Plane an older Boeing 737-500 I believe, but it was clean and inviting. I got two drinks and a snack which was quite nice.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2011 by M Ball    (Indonesia)

LAX-MSP-LAX. A bit quirky, typical boarding procedure (line-ups on either side of numbered poles at the gates), smart-alec announcements from both pilots and flight attendants etc. However, a value product: no checked baggage fees, free snacks, coffee and soft drinks, reasonable prices for alcohol. Comfortable seating, accommodating flight attendants, clean airplanes, and dependable service on the ground as well as in the air. All four segments of my trip were packed, crew remained hospitable and efficient.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  21 October 2011 by Rai Kessler    (USA)

Albany to Orlando. Leg room is tight, seats not spacious, but neither are they overly uncomfortable. Service was excellent. Humorous dialogue and an over all sharp wit, one staff member was funny. He alone would make me choose Southwest again, but the airline also provided a good value and pleasant trip overall. Free snacks and beverage was a nice change from some other airlines, as well.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  16 September 2011 by Randy Lin    (USA)

ONT-SMF roundtrip. Overall good flight but they definitely need to add TV's on long haul flights. Anyway good airline and cheerful crew.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  12 September 2011 by K Lee (USA)

Both our flights were on time and we had no hassles or problems. Our flight was only about 2 hrs long, and we were a little crowded (not tons of leg room, etc). I can see where this might be more of a problem for a longer flight, but for us it was fine. The plane, cabin, seats, etc. were nothing fancy but they were perfectly adequate and clean - all we needed for a family trip to Florida. Great value for the price - we had a good experience and will definitely fly Southwest in the future.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  12 September 2011 by S Koenig (Brazil)

DTW-MDW-GSP. Paid extra $10 to get early/priority check-in. Still ended up with boarding numbers in the high 20s. Managed to get one front row and one exit row seat for the first flight, and two exit row seats for the second flight. At DTW, there were lots of passengers in wheelchairs, and a woeful lack of airline personnel available to take them onboard, so boarding took a while. Flight into GSP not only took off on time, but arrived 30 mins early. It is not always the cheapest option, especially if you are adding the $10 earlybird check-in fee, but in this case it worked out fine. Still not sure if I like their boarding system, since it results in our standing up longer than with other airlines.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  8 September 2011 by Gail Taffet (USA)

Raleigh to Newark via Baltimore Washington. Had great seats on each flight with friendly crews. Nice experience with smooth trips.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  7 September 2011 by S McLaughlin (New Zealand)

My first time flying domestically in the USA, LAS-LAX on a $39 fare. I did online check-in the day before and was in the second boarding group. Got a row to myself. Check-in process well organised, all automated at the kiosk and then your name is called to drop off your bag at a counter. Flight attendants cheerful for the early hour, impressed with being allowed 2 checked bags free.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  10 August 2011 by L Wyatt (USA)

I am 16 years old and recently travelled with Southwest, by myself. I was nervous as this was only my second time flying. I flew SAT to BWI return. I found all of the staff to be courteous, and the pilot made regular announcements. Even though there was a delay at BWI the staff kept everyone informed, they quickly boarded us and flight actually was shorter than expected. I liked the open seating, by paying the extra $10 for early check in, I was in the first boarding group, and got a window seat on both flights.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  6 August 2011 by W Marks (USA)

I have flown over 100 flights on Southwest and have not had a bad flight. Back in the old days when the first in line got to board first, we always arrived early to get the best seats. Now that Southwest issues boarding numbers, we always pay the extra $10 to get priority boarding. The system of having no assigned seats is much more efficient and gets the plane off the ground much faster. Like many others, I am disappointed that the Rapid Rewards Program has changed. It was a very generous program, now it is similar to most of their competitors.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  3 August 2011 by K O'Sullivan (UK)

Tampa-New Orleans. First time on a US low- cost, good price for tickets. Cabin crew friendly, flight crew professional. I was impressed with the seat pitch in Economy for a short sector on B737. I am 6 ft 2 inch but was comfortable compared with Transatlantic B777. I always prefer preselection of seating and not sure why SW are averse. I would happily pay a supplement.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  1 August 2011 by P Falzarano (USA)

First time with Southwest as they have only recently begun servicing Newark. EWR-SAN connecting in PHX and Chicago-Midway. Booked hotel and rental car as well. Very pleased with the over all experience. Everything was exactly as stated. I enjoyed the extra inch of legroom compared to my usual airline (Continental). Flight attendants friendly and helpful with frequent offerings of refreshments and snacks. I would like to see them expand their Newark service because I would use them any day.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  30 July 2011 by Eike Jens (USA)

Southwest avoids punishing customers with extra fees, such as change, cancellation, or bag check fees where possible. If you happen to check your bags late, they will accept them and try their best to get them on the plane, often faster than you can make it to the gate. If it's too late to check the bags, they will place them on the next flight. A-List membership allowed me to bypass check-in and security lines and get preferred boarding, almost always resulting in 'first class' seating in the emergency exit row. Companion Pass allowed me to travel around the country with a good friend on the weekends I wasn't commuting, for a whole year. Personalized birthday and holiday cards were also nice touches.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  29 July 2011 by A Johnson (USA)

It's very little hassle, flights are almost always on time, customer service is great. I enjoy the occasional jokes over the PA, and the creative ways of doing the safety briefing. I like the first come-first seated policy. In terms of their cabins, I find that they have good leg room, that's a big selling point for me, at 6'2.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  29 July 2011 by C Tirrell (USA)

My wife and I have flown Southwest often in the past. We've watched the past couple years as Southwest has made cutbacks and the value of their service has declined. Our primary frustration with Southwest comes from a recent flight where we were abandoned in the Denver airport. We arrived at our departure gate in Austin to find the plane running late. When we landed in Denver I checked our connection to see that it was boarding. We arrived to see they had closed the door. We were frustrated that they wouldn't hold the plane for a few minutes to allow connecting passengers to board. We spent the night in a chilly airport and offered no dinner or breakfast voucher.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  27 July 2011 by J Segal (USA)

PHX-GEG roundtrip. Stop in OAK each way, with change of planes outbound. Good trip, all flights on time. Seats comfortable, FA's were friendly. Only complaint would be collecting bag in PHX upon return. Took over 45 mins at when only 3-4 other flights there. Apparently the conveyor belt kept jamming, but they stopped/started no less than 4 times before it was spitting out bags so fast everyone was having issues getting their bags off the belt.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  26 July 2011 by M Cunningham (USA)

I loved the fact that their system for boarding a plane uses physical structure as well as simple written and verbal directions. It's very effective. I liked that I could choose from multiple snacks and take multiple bags if I wanted. The stewardesses were very friendly.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  26 July 2011 by Debbie Barakat (Australia)

Will use this airline again when travelling in the US. We flew San Diego to Las Vegas and SW was the only one that offered a direct flight at less than half the price and as a family of 7 we got to sit together. The flight attendants were very friendly.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  23 July 2011 by Joe Dow (USA)

In the past I have always been very happy with Southwest however after today I am extremely upset. I had purchased a ticket of which I was not able to use. They were able to extend the unused ticket for 1 year. Today I called to attempt to use the ticket only to find out that I will not be able to use the credit as my trip is 2 weeks beyond the 1 year mark. I called customer service to request an extension ($50.00 fee of which I would happily pay). I am told that I have to wait for the credit to expire prior to their ability to extend the credit. I would then take the risk of not being able to get the flights I need for my upcoming trip. Poor Customer Service Southwest.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  12 July 2011 by J Fenston (USA)

Never flying Southwest again. Their boarding/seating process is horrible and needlessly stressful; their "new hip" thing among flight staff is really annoying. My fiancé and I flew across the country to get married last weekend. Of course, we wanted to sit together on the 5 hour flight. But with the ridiculous system of no assigned seats there was no way to assure this. On the way back we got stuck in separate seats, surrounded by a yelling and singing boy scout troop. To make things worse, the flight attendants cranked up the volume on the PA system and sang the safety demonstration. In fact, all announcements were done in song. This should be illegal. They seemed to think it was clever, but it was a real nightmare to be strapped into one of those tiny seats, surrounded by pimply screaming boy scouts, and then endure warbling flight attendants blasting through the overhead speakers. A truly horrible airline. I will pay double, triple, quadruple to avoid flying Southwest. I will walk or crawl across the country rather than fly with these people.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  7 July 2011 by K Strait (USA)

This was my first time flying Southwest. I've used United an Delta most other times and now I know why. There is absolutely no room on these planes. your knees are all but touching the seat in front of you and the seats are way too small. I weigh 128lbs and I was very uncomfortable. I was hot and miserable. The captain never spoke to us during the flight. I've never had that happen with any other airline.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  1 July 2011 by J Butler (USA)

I fly Southwest all the time, but this particular trip was not so great! I found a really cheap flight with a 1 hr layover, which turned into a 3 hr layover. Because my original flight destination time was so late, a 3 hr layer had me arriving at 2am, when all public transportation (which I use) has ended. I think I should have been compensated for my transportation to the city.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  29 June 2011 by S London (USA)

As a former Northwest/Delta Airlines customer (exclusively), I may be easier to impress. Southwest recently started direct flights between Phoenix and Minneapolis. We purchased tickets in May at what we considered to be very reasonable fare for a roundtrip to celebrate our grandson's second birthday in Minneapolis. My father passed away two weeks prior to our scheduled departure. I called SW seeking assistance. After a brief discussion regarding the circumstances and flight availability the associate announced a fee of $783.00. With the shortest of pauses (I was choosing an appropriate reaction) he asked me to hold while he consulted with a Customer Care agent. A few more questions resulted in a change in three of the four legs of our trip for a total cost of $10.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  26 June 2011 by M Cymbalak (Australia)

I flew SouthWest a number of times between US cities, and really like the product they offer. It is low cost and I didn't experience any hidden surprises. I also like the no fuss nature, the airplane comes in, people get off, the next lot get on, and it takes off again. It’s great if you just want to get from A to B. The two checked bag allowance is a win, as I arrived in the US on an international flight with 2 bags so it was helpful to have these included without additional cost (as many/all other US airlines charged). I will continue to fly SouthWest when I visit the US.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  24 June 2011 by E Phelps (USA)

I've been a Rapid Rewards member since 2000, and have spent time on the A-List (but not there currently.) SWA has consistently been above and beyond all other airlines I've flown (AMR, Delta, Continental) for customer service, and they are much more likely to be on-time and not pulling booking shenanigans. Transparency on the (minimal) fees is a giant plus.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  11 June 2011 by J Britt (USA)

I fly SouthWest constantly - they aren't perfect, but employees are cheerful, legroom and storage room at your feet is better than other airlines, bags are free, and there are no change fees if you need to change a flights.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  7 June 2011 by Bruce Woodward (USA)

I am done with Southwest. I just got screwed by the inability to change a passenger just like so many others recently. The agent said they have been telling people about this for some time. News to me. As soon as I can arrange it I'm paying off my Southwest credit card and sending it and my rapid rewards card to them in pieces.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  1 June 2011 by J Webber (USA)

Extremely disappointed in Southwest's recent changes to the policy on the inability to change a passenger name once the ticket has been purchased. I bought a ticket for an employee before this policy took effect who was not able to make the trip. Since then, SW started supposedly "enforcing a policy that has been in place" without any sort of notification. Now, I'm out almost $500 because they won't refund the ticket or allow me to use the credit for another passenger - even if it's just transferred to my name. Their reason when I filed a complaint? "a proactive step to align our business with the general practice of the airline industry" So it seems SW is, in fact, purposefully intending to become just another airline. The really upsetting part is that only a week or two earlier, another trip for an employee had to be cancelled and I was able to use the flight credit for someone else. Suddenly, I can't. No notification at all. I get emails just about every other day from SW advertising their "get- away" deals; couldn't they have simply sent out an email letting us know their policy was going to go into effect? I was an extremely loyal SW customer, but they've lost my business for good. I know I'm only one of many people this has affected - they told me as much when I called to complain.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  22 May 2011 by Kasi Franck (USA)

Terrible customer service. I purchased tickets for my employees to take a trip in October 2011 and one of the employees can no longer go. This trip has been planned 5 months in advance. Southwest will not let anyone else use the ticket even though we gave 5 months notice. They would not allow any name transfers. Only the named employee could use the ticket no else could go in her place. They would only refund if they were given a copy of a death certificate of the employee.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  20 May 2011 by D Fenske (USA)

Travelled SW for the first time because my son gave me and my husband SW giftcards so we booked a trip to Vegas. We paid the extra $10. each was for early bird seating, we got A section between 15 and 30, that was good. I think if you are flying as a couple it is worth the extra so you can sit together. I hear some people are saving seats for their partner, which I find to be cheap. Anyway, to and from Vegas we had good flights, I liked choosing my seat. I will fly SW again as long as SW stays with limited extra fees. I used to fly Continental only, but they have imposed more fees than I care to read about. Keep up the good work SW and we will stay loyal to you.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  19 May 2011 by Luke Smith (UK)

Boston to Norfolk, via Baltimore, early morning. Boston to Baltimore fine, but probably only because the flight was nearly empty, and I could sleep. Legroom better than on other legacy carriers. Baltimore to Norfolk a horror. A very loud stewardess with a grating Southern accent spent the whole flight on the PA, yelling about seatbelts, how no drinks would be served due to turbulence (there was no turbulence), how no one could get out of his seat due to turbulence (there was no turbulence), how cute all the screaming babies onboard were, and lastly, in signature creepy Americana, how there were soldiers or something onboard so to give them a loud round of applause for their service. So loud applause and the obnoxious, loud flight crew prevented me from getting any sleep on the flight. I understand Southwest has a particular style - a kitsch-laden, obnoxious style. It's not for me. At least the bags were free.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  18 May 2011 by A Morris (USA)

Service was good out of PBI, plane looked a little tired but seats comfortable. Upon arriving in BWI, connecting flight to LGA was delayed 2.5 hrs. They need to improve their LGA service. Got there, but late. Still a great airline.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  18 May 2011 by L Geri (UK)

A mixed-bag trip from Seattle to Washington Dulles . On the plus side, I had to change my itinerary at the last minute and was able to do so on Southwest at minimal cost. Flight out was uneventful. Flight back terrible, I was stuck in Midway after a Dulles delay the airline stated was a mechanical problem, but they refused to provide a hotel voucher. I had to find and pay for my own hotel. The gate agent was very rude.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  17 May 2011 by Alberto Robayo (USA)

Is Southwest becoming too big? It used to be one of the few airlines I could rely on for great customer service and quality. But it seems that with the acquisition of Airtran they also acquired the bad habits of big airlines. My last trip with them was a headache that cost me $500. I got stuck in Chicago for one night and received attitude from the crew when I tried to address the issue. It is great that they don't charge for luggage but I'm curious to see how long that is going to last.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  8 May 2011 by Patrick Lenahan (USA)

Beware, more and more Southwest is just another airline. Latest casualty is the previously elegant Rapid Rewards program, which used to be 16 credits=1 free flight virtually no restrictions. It has now devolved into just another points system with ever more restrictions. During the transition they are still using Awards which was the mechanism by which you reaped the reward of a free flight. But do not convert points into an award - if you do so mistakenly you will never get them converted back into points. Found this out trying to book a flight by converting to award first which was akin to the previous protocol, but the flight had "no" award seats available. You could buy a seat with your points, but after conversion to award I didn't have enough points available, and Southwest has made their system physically incapable of correcting the conversion, not even during this period of new learning for their customers. They make no statement that I could find that such conversions are irrevocable. In other words, if you make a mistake, too bad - you can pay for a ticket, but Southwest won't help you correct your points v. award error and you have to wait for another flight within the coming year to use it. Yes, the award expires, though the points do not while you continue to generate trip activity.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  30 April 2011 by D Smyth (New Zealand)

New Orleans to Las Vegas and Las Vegas to SFO. Excellent experience on both journeys, friendly staff, on time departures and bags free. I don't understand the benefit of open seating policy but that is the only thing I didn't like. I did however pay $10 extra for early bird-check in and got an "A" pass between 15-20 both times. Early-bird check in automatically checks you in 24 hours before the flight thus increasing your chances of an "A" boarding pass. In retrospect I would only do this for longer flights when it really does help if you can avoid that middle seat.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  28 April 2011 by B Atwood (USA)

Travelled Southwest for the first time round trip Manchester Phoenix. Cannot understand the open seating "gimmick" this airline uses. On the return trip we were not able to participate in the competition to call within 24 hours and get an "earlier" boarding assignment as we were travelling in a remote area with no cell coverage. Therefore as we were among the last to board we (and many other couples) were not able to sit together. The flight attendants "helped" by continuing to instruct us to just "find a seat, single seats only available". We ended up separated by 20 rows. The reason for this practice must have something to do with saving the airline money because there is no apparent benefit for passengers. But the on line seat selection process that all the other airlines use is obviously computerized and can't cost much if anything to oversee, so why does Southwest do this?? Certainly feels like one of those brilliant ideas the management team comes up with that blindly ignores the needs of some passengers. Won't fly Southwest again.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  27 March 2011 by N Shyshkin (Canada)

TPA-MSY. I love the fact how the first and second bag are free - and they gave us our boarding passes and took our luggage away when we were still outside. The boarding and seating was a bit crazy but managed well. The small snacks were nice and great service.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  23 March 2011 by F Bowden (USA)

The service is about the same you would get at a decent restaurant, seats are soft, snacks are tasty, no entertainment, but no big deal. The flight was smooth and enjoyable. When we were in Baltimore, our plane got delayed by a storm in Panama city Florida. At least our bags were free!

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  14 March 2011 by Margaret Wertz (USA)

Baltimore to Buffalo. We were very concerned about being able to deal with my mothers handicaps. From entering the airport in Baltimore to meeting our pick up in Buffalo Southwest was extremely helpful throughout the entire trip and made us very comfortable in our travel. I was very anxious about taking my mother on this trip and they truly came through for us. Thank you Southwest.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  1 March 2011 by J Nicklasson (USA)

After flying several other airlines to/from locations Southwest does not serve, I am reminded how great Southwest's business model truly is. They are reliable, honest, easy to work with, friendly and make travel less stressful. I try to fly Southwest to ensure I don't battle the stress of other airlines.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  25 February 2011 by T Erickson (USA)

Manchester (MHT) to Norfolk (ORF) Business select. Multiple children and elderly on the flight, but it was vacation week. Flight took off late, landed on time. I would not pay the 225% extra for the BS fare versus the wanna get away fare due to what you receive for that increase, but work takes care of it as it is for business. The free drinks are nice, even on short hops form BWI to ORF in BS. Only major complaint to Southwest Airlines, do not board anyone ahead of Business select class unless they pay the same fare or please place them in rows 4 and up. When you pay $230 for Business select, you should board the plane before anyone else, especially if they only paid ~$89 for their ticket.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  30 January 2011 by J Brownjohn (UK)

Midway to Washington on very full and very cramped aircraft in cramped seats. I would not care to sit like that for more than a couple of hours. It's efficient, cheap and easy to use and fine if you are of slim build.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  28 January 2011 by L Smith (USA)

Select Cabin

Baltimore to Boston. As soon as my flight was cancelled during the recent blizzard, the agent confirmed me on a flight leaving in 5 minutes to Providence RI, while the gate agents for the Providence flight held the flight for me. The flight to Providence RI still arrived pretty much on time, despite the blizzard. Southwest delivered my bags to my door the next day. Everyone was courteous, from check-in to arrival. I thought this was excellent service, and much better than service I have gotten on the major airlines when things go wrong. Also, no fees for bags, no fees for drinks and pretzels onboard, and I hear there are no change fees on this airline, either.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  28 January 2011 by B Hryn (Poland)

MDW-BDL-MDW. Checkin was fast and so was boarding, nice B737. FA's talkative, nice low cost airline where bags fly free. Seats comfortable, typical American snacks served.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  24 January 2011 by Glenda Bellio (USA)

Denver to San Jose and back. Did not mind grabbing whatever seat as I felt it brought out the best in most people. The staff was friendly, seats were for the most part comfortable. All but the back row as those seats do not recline. The only real issue I had was that when we checked in to leave San Jose our tickets, Picked up at terminal, read gate 22 as well as the board. Yet some time between then and the flight the gate had changed to 23. If I had not struck up a conversation with the gentleman setting near me I would have not know until I had missed my flight. My suggestion is with your computer system you should know if a passenger has checked in before a gate change. Please make an announcement at the old gate of the change.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  18 January 2011 by K Rogers (USA)

MDW-MCO-MDW. Traveled with the family for a quick Disney vacation. Flight out on time and even with kids had no problem sitting together. On return we took advantage of the Southwest off airport check-in location in Lake Buena Vista so got the bags checked and boarding pass and even though the flight was delayed on the return we only had to get to the airport 45 minutes before our flight and were able to go straight to the gate.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  18 January 2011 by J Sabaduquia (USA)

Southwest Airlines LGA-BWI-LGA, all flights on-time. FAs very friendly and talkative, free drinks is always appreciated. Free checked-in bags (2) compared to other airlines that will nickel and dime you for everything. Plane was clean, boarding was fast and efficient. Wonderful airline, excellent customer service from ground crew to flight crew.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  18 January 2011 by J Cole (USA)

PIT-LAX Was a little leery about flying across the country with Southwest (usually use it to fly across Pennsylvania), but decided to give it a try because I absolutely refuse to pay an airline to carry a bag. I was not at all disappointed. The good service I had received on short trips was even better on the longer flight. Snacks were fine, the personnel was kind (something it is difficult to say for the legacy carriers), and the seats were comfortable. I booked a flight recently to the West Coast and, once again, chose Southwest.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  17 January 2011 by Kelly Garcia (USA)

TUL-SAT-TUL Go this route often, mostly because of price, but will continue to use. Day before Christmas Eve, less than 48 hours after my mother passed away, 6:00am flight, mind in a fog, I left my cell phone at the baggage check in SAT. Went through long security line, sat down at the gate and realized it was missing. Told the gate agent who quickly phoned down to the baggage desk to ask if it was there - and it was! Flight boarding, time running out, and agent from the baggage desk RAN it down to the gate, as I would have never made it back through security again. Now that's customer service.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  17 January 2011 by Mike Green (USA)

SAN to ELP return (through PHX). Having flown SWA for years there is great comfort in understanding the boarding process and open seating. The flight crews are professional and engaging, service is well done with a selection of soft-drinks, wine, beer, and juices and sometimes a choice of peanuts or pretzels. There is one non-stop flight each day both ways on this route and choices of flights to SAN through LAS and occasionally ALB. SWA is reliable and accommodating with a simple and straightforward business model.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  9 January 2011 by S Neill Bell (USA)

DEN-LAS return. Bags do fly free. Online check in is fine. Bag drop at Denver fast enough for those checked-in. Swift flight down. Soft drinks & peanuts handed out. OK in flight magazine. Uneventful. Return journey was terrible. 6am flight. Checked in OK but no staff appeared until 4.45am, by which time a massive queue had formed. We hardly had time to get a snack before boarding but then had to wait on the plane for other late folk. Laughable. I can see where they save money: reduce staffing. Arrived in Denver OK but really, it is quite a flimsy airline as the service in Las Vegas shows.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  5 January 2011 by S Queirolo (USA)

San Jose (SJC) to Santa Ana (SNA) return. For both flights, checking in on-line 24 hours before each flight got me an "A25" or better boarding pass, and on both flights I was able to get a window seat on the over-wing emergency exit row, with lots of leg room. On the flight to SNA, the flight attendant spent quite a bit of time going over the emergency exit procedures, which I think was a great example of how this airline can be both professional (take care of serious business) and laid back (announcements are usually quite funny and entertaining!). Soft drinks and peanuts served on these 1-hour flights, and two suitcases checked in, free.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  3 January 2011 by Philip Ellis (UK)

My teenage daughters and I flew SouthWest San Diego - Vegas return. We found them to be brilliant, and far better than their European equivalents - easyjet and Ryanair. We checked in online as soon as the 24 hour window opened, boarded amongst the first passengers - thus avoiding the scramble, and able to sit together. The boarding process is far smoother than in Europe and although the flight was only an hour long, we were served complimentary soft drinks and peanuts/pretzels. The outward flight was on time, and return delayed 20 mins or so. The cabin crew were courteous and friendly, and safety announcements were light hearted and funny, but got the message across - we probably paid more attention to these humorous announcements than we would have to the regular dry offerings. The flights (pre booked in September) were good value and we would have no hesitation in flying SouthWest again.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  31 December 2010 by Ed Lebeau (USA)

Southwest is at best a fair weather friend. My latest trip has been an epic debacle with poor customer relations, shoddy baggage handling, and a consistent and frustrating choice by this airline to make no effort whatsoever to get me home. Flying Southwest is like driving a car without insurance - ok until something goes wrong. And when something does go wrong, Southwest will do nothing to make it right, unlike better airlines. Customer loyalty means nothing to this airline as well.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  19 December 2010 by John Clift (UK)

DEN-SLC, very late booking less than 12 hours before flight left a good fare and no hassle. Flight was full but crew provided service with a smile. If you follow their booking system, you cannot fault them at all. Compared to legacy carriers within the US, Southwest are the best.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  12 December 2010 by Kim Ash (USA)

My husband has been unemployed a while and we were wondering how we were going to get my daughter a plane ticket to come home for Christmas. Southwest Airlines have really fair prices, their website is customer friendly. When we found my daughter's situation had changed and she would be able to come home earlier, it was very easy to change her flight online - and Southwest didn't charge a big fee to change the ticket. Only a few dollars that was the higher price of the new ticket.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  25 November 2010 by C Smith (USA)

As a young inexperienced traveler, I relied on our travel agent to recommend the best airline for our honeymoon. She recommended Southwest as the best. We book at a reasonable rate for the holiday season as soon as tickets became available. Everything was good to go until we got our tickets with no seat number. We ended up being one of the last people on the plane with only a few middle seat left scattered across the plane when we got on. Then we saw an open pair together, only to be rudely told by a stewardess that they were reserved in case another family boarded. I politely said how about a new family, we just got married. She rudely said no, find a seat and turned around. Luckily a kind man gave us his seat so we could sit together but the rest of the trip we full of rude comments from the stewardess about how she couldn't believe he moved!

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  18 November 2010 by R Harrison (USA)

We were forced to change our scheduled departure from New Orleans because my partner became seriously ill. We departed New Orleans three days early. We paid $200.00 in additional fees for the flight rescheduling which to me was acceptable by today's rules. I asked Southwest for a refund of the Early Bird Seating fee ($20.00) sending them the hospital and rescheduling documentation. Southwest called and said they would refund $200.00 because of the medical emergency - said they did not believe in taking advantage of their customers. I have always found Southwest Airlines to be fair, honest, and customer friendly which is why I stay with them.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  11 November 2010 by B Rothblum (USA)

My original ticket from Palm Beach Florida to Denver Colorado was screwed up through American Airlines. They wanted to charge me $900 to fix it. I was trying to figure out something to do and ended up talked to agents at SWA and without a thought, they started working the problem for me. By the end of the it, I had a ticket for $400 and was set to go! They took care of everything and I was on my way before I knew what to do.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  29 October 2010 by J Foulk (USA)

More and more disenchanted with Southwest. Used them three times this summer and the experience got worse each time. Southwest check in and other representatives rude. No wonder the bags fly free, Southwest has no intention of taking reasonable care with them. Now we have discovered that they make you sign a waiver saying that they aren't responsible if your golf clubs don't arrive at your destination or if they are damaged in transit. Also on our last two flights the attendants made the safety briefing into a real joke and didn't even complete it properly. It is nice to try to make flying fun, but I think that they are crossing the line. Not all customers are frequent flyers who are familiar with the safety aspects of a plane. They used to be my favorite airline, but not anymore. They are not always the least expensive and definitely lack customer service.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES customer review :  12 October 2010 by Mary Thomm (Canada)

Score 10out of 10

Phoenix to Detroit. Very good service. Had a toddler travelling with us and check-in was super efficient. It took less than five minutes and we were off with our boarding passes. I travel Southwest at least once a month and I will continue to travel with them, even if their prices increase.

1 2 3 4 5 6