Southwest Airlines Passenger Reviews and Southwest Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  28 August 2013 by J Morrison    (USA)

I have traveled Southwest for years. Always good service and friendly flight attendants. Recently I flew from Omaha to Las Vegas. I arrived at McCarran Airport at approximately 12.10pm. I had to get to my shuttle location by 12.30pm, otherwise, I would have to wait until 2pm to catch the next shuttle. I didn't think that there was anyway I could catch the 12.30pm shuttle because of the time to get the baggage off the plane. To my complete amazement, the luggage arrived very quickly and I was able to get to the shuttle that left at 12.30pm.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Randi Westphal    (New Zealand)

I've flown 12 separate flights on Southwest over the last 5 months and I have always found the flights to be pleasant. The line-up seating encourages passengers to interact and the crew have always been friendly and helpful. The on-board wi-fi for $8/day was well worth the expense and can be off-set by the fact that there is no charge for up to two 50 lb bags! Granted there is no 5-star service, but Southwest provides an enjoyable experience for a great price.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  23 August 2013 by A Christopher    (USA)

Definitely not for families, as you will have to be seated separately throughout the plane. The initial airfare is low until you pay the extra fees for earlier check-in times so you get a chance to sit together. I checked in 2 hours early, sat in the back seat where the cabin narrows, very uncomfortable, and my family was spread throughout the plane. To my surprise, flight attendants got up after sitting in passenger allocated seating after everyone had boarded and joked about empty seats! This airline is a nightmare! However, if you are traveling alone, and can check in at least a week early, and are comfortable with pushing, shoving, and being rude, then maybe this airline is for you.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2013 by M Estrella    (USA)

OAK - HOU round trip, 73Fs both ways and I was in Seat 5F going and 4F on the return. Evolve Interior not bad and my only complaint is a lack of power ports. Cute cookies. Staff not at all bad. Only real complaint was that outbound flight was delayed, but they made up for the delay in the air so even though I literally ran through HOU, I did pick up my rental car before they closed for the day.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2013 by Christina Papavasiliou    (USA)

They did not hold my plane for my connecting flight. I asked the flight attendant to whisk me to the front of the plane so I could make a run for it, and he said, "they'll hold the plane for you. I've worked here for 25 years and we've never just left someone behind." Well, after waiting for 100 people to deplane I made a run for it and got to the gate just as the plane was pulling away.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2013 by B Pitts    (USA)

Had a flight from MD to FL, the most unorganized flight I have ever been on. It is as if they have never had a flight before! Yes, it was that bad! I have been using this company for years and after this experience, I will never use them again! It was simply chaos. Avoid at all cost!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2013 by T Xavier    (USA)

August 2013, DEN-OMA-DEN. Travelled to Omaha for business trip. Plane about 80% full both flights. First time in a long time-actually can't remember when-both flights arrived on time. FAs very pleasant and helpful, really nothing to criticize; would recommend based on punctuality alone.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2013 by Phil McConnell    (Australia)

LAX-DEN-MKE-LAX. All flights worked a treat except a delay out of Denver due to fog of all things - and Denver sits at 5000 feet! Paid for early check-in and was in low A group every time. Once you understand their system, and its quite logical, SW is a great airline to fly with.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  2 August 2013 by C Brosig    (USA)

HOU-LGA-HOU on 737-300 both ways. Boarding was chaotic; cattle herding people onto the plane was very unusual and not efficient. Seats and aircraft were outdated. Seats were very uncomfortable and gave me little legroom. I found myself having to move around in my seat every 30 seconds. Flight attendants were slow to respond. Inflight entertainment was a SkyMall magazine, free viewing of the news networks (FOX, ABC, etc.), free flight tracking software, and slow, overpriced wifi for 8 USD. Turbulence was awful coming into LGA. Only good thing about was that you get 2 bags free.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Kristin Sewall    (USA)

July 23, flight 2528. Very poor customer service from flight attendant. I realize its been a long day for them, but when customer service is 90% of your job, the expectation is that you bite your younger when passengers are upset about unexpected plane changes. Her condescending "Hun" is unacceptable.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Michael Keely    (USA)

My plane landed at 6pm today. I wasn't even suppose to leave the plane, just board more passengers then off to Flint. Well we all had to unload and wait for them to find another pilot. For an hour were held due to weather issues. Then they decided the pilot would be with us at 9pm, this was delayed until 945. So we load, get ready to leave at 10.15 and then there was a "mechanical issue" that had to be checked. 30 mins later we finally got ready to take off. Then the pilot comes over the PA to tell us we were going back to the gate. So 11.00 at night and were waiting for them to find another pilot. Moral of the story. Save yourself time and money and don't fly Southwest.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Bonnie Steinbock    (USA)

I flew from Albany, NY to Oakland, CA to get married. When the crew found out I was getting married, I was presented with a bottle of Korbel champagne! What a lovely gesture from an airline that puts service first.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Karen Arm    (USA)

Southwest is not the on time airline it used to be. I was on a flight from Salt Lake City to Phoenix in march and it was delayed 5 hours. Then my children were flying from Phoenix to Providence as unaccompanied minors in June and they were on the plane and it had an issue so they had to deplane and find another airplane. They arrived 3 hours late and one hour before my husband who was also flying into Providence whose plane was delayed coming from Tampa. So the grandfather had to drive to the airport at 12.30 am to get the kids as they were unaccompanied minors. Now I am on a plane headed to Boston and it is delayed by two hours taking away they night I had planned in the city. I have been a loyal SWA customer but no more.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  11 July 2013 by Allison Veintimilla    (USA)

Non-stop from Rochester to Orlando. Friendly crew. We traveled with our two children, one being a toddler. The staff were friendly and courteous and checked on us several times. We didn't have any delays except on return and it was only ten minutes. I would definitely fly Southwest again!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  11 July 2013 by Tyler Devenny    (USA)

Great flight. Flew from TPA-MDW non-stop. Nothing bad on the whole flight. Had a slight delay, because there was a passenger who could not find his seat. Flight had an early arrival. Would fly again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2013 by M Baum    (USA)

I fly every other week, and have been a loyal SW customer for years. I have, however, noticed that more and more recently over the past year that my flights are delayed. I'm not sure if its an issue that arose from the AirTran acquisition or just their rapid expansion and growth, but something is definitely amiss. More frequent and longer delays have me worried about the future and continuing to use SW exclusively. I have found that the best way to avoid said delays is taking one of the first few flights of the day, avoiding delays that seem not to stem from weather/mechanical issues, but rather confusion that just seems to pick up steam throughout the day. If you don't like to wake up early, bring a good book!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2013 by A Clarke    (Ireland)

Nashville-New Orleans on July 1st. Slightly delayed due to weather where the incoming plan left from but after that it was good. Free soft drink, snack and checked bag, can't believe Ryanair are based on Southwest, worlds apart.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2013 by A Moresco    (USA)

This is one of the worst customer care I have seen, I booked my a flight for my children (12 and 9) as junior travelers because SWA had told me they would allow my sister to pick them up at the gate, and they do not need someone there through out the flight. Flight delayed an hour, and did not allow my sister to the gate. SWA personnel told her they would bring back the kids. However when my sister saw the woman (without the kids) her answer was they did not pay the fee. SWA left them to sort it out on their own at 2am at Boston airport!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  22 June 2013 by Christina Schell    (USA)

I am from Tucson and live in San Diego. I make about 3 trips per year back to Tucson and usually drive every time. I decided to try flying to save time. The car picked me up at 6.55pm on 6/12 for flight 499 from SAN to TUS (9.05 flight time). I waited in the Airport for 2 hours until we finally boarded at 9.15pm, sat on runway for 20 minutes and finally took off at 9.42pm. Again, the flight was supposed to take off at 9.05pm. Crew were unapologetic and slow moving. We didn't land until 10.50pm. On the way back to San Diego on flight 1858, we were supposed to leave at 9.30am. It is 9.39am now and the estimated departure is now 10.15am. I have heard no updates from staff. No announcements. I will never fly Southwest again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  20 June 2013 by Ronald Teall    (USA)

My flight to Chicago from Ft. Lauderdale via St. Louis, 5/12-13/2013 was interrupted by extremely bad weather in Chicago, at MDW. Southwest staff were very involved in getting myself and all the other passengers on Flt 352 to our destination. I did arrive late, but did indeed arrive, and so did my luggage.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  20 June 2013 by M Thompson    (USA)

23-27 May 2013, Columbus, OH - CMH to Ft. Lauderdale, FL - FLL. Southwest is our preferred airline and we fly 3-5 times a year. Every time we've used another airline (because someone else was booking the flights or Southwest flights for the times we needed were full) we've regretted it. When we first flew Southwest it took us awhile to get used to how seats are chosen because we'd always flown airlines that had assigned seats. Now we just pay the extra $10 per person for early boarding and make friends with the people around us who are waiting to board. We love how friendly the flight crews are and that their fun personalities come through during the flights. They are funny, personable, helpful. During one flight there was loud knocking on the outside of the plane which caused the plane to be re-routed to change planes. Southwest gave us a credit for the trouble without us asking.

1 2 3 4 5 6