Southwest Airlines Passenger Reviews and Southwest Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  15 November 2013 by Cohen Ronald    (USA)

Great customer service! After being messed around by United once again, where they left me stranded in St Louis I booked a flight at the airport to Philly (though I really wanted to go to Newark where United was supposed to take me). As I went to the gate for my flight leaving 45 minutes after I booked it I saw the flight to Newark that was supposed to depart 10 minutes before I arrived at the airport had been delayed and was now leaving in 5 minutes. Went to gate agent, explained I was screwed by United and really wanted to go to Newark, he said "No problem", switched me to the Newark flight and handed me the ticket. When I asked how much he said "No charge, have a nice flight".

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by Jim Carbone    (USA)

Delayed 4 hours each way from Philadelphia to California. No explanation whatsoever. They put me on a different flight and my luggage on the original flight and then lost my luggage! I would rather walk than take Southwest.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by M Kobayashi    (Germany)

I fly with Southwest Airlines frequently. In fact, I hardly ever fly with any other US carrier. This does not mean that I love the airline, merely that by US standards it is not bad. Some flights go well and the crew are a lot of fun. This was especially the case on both flights I took on 28 October from San Francisco to Phoenix and from Phoenix to Minneapolis. The crew were friendly, told jokes and made me feel almost refreshed despite having a long Osaka-Hong Kong-San Francisco flight the day before. At times the flights either leave much to be desired or can be almost horrific, as was the case on both flights I took with them on the 7th of October -- Minneapolis to Phoenix, Phoenix to San Francisco. Surly crews with terrible service. Those two flights drained me more than the flight to Hong Kong despite having less than half the travelling time combined. Most flights are fairly pleasant if unremarkable. Despite the hits and misses I will likely continue flying with Southwest Airlines because they do not charge as many fees and generally speaking do their job with greater efficiency than any other domestic US carrier.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by John Schroeder    (USA)

Flight 3246 from Chicago Midway to Columbus, Ohio on 11/4/13.They used to be the cheapest: no longer. They used to have the best service: now they are going to start charging for bags. They used to be on time: I'm sitting 3 hours late in an airport, for the 6th time in 4 months!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Peggy McNamara    (USA)

I flew 10/24, flt 440, FLL to PVD. We actually arrived early! Everyone from baggage check, to flight attendants, to flight crew were extremely nice. Same way on the trip home on 10/28, flight 3761. Both planes were full but it was organized and ran smoothly. Excellent value (free baggage etc). I would take Southwest again just based on the employee attitudes.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Sarah Dodds    (USA)

I am so disappointed. I used to rave about Southwest, but things have taken a turn for the worse! First flight out at 7am and the plane had 'mechanical issues' so we were delayed. We missed our connecting flight. As we were deplaning the flight staff informed us that they held the Southwest connection for those 31 passengers going to Las Vegas, however since there were only 19 of us headed to LAX, we had to be rebooked. They proceeded to take us to Fort Lauderdale with an ensuing 7 hour layover and then a delay on the tarmac for another hour! I think the worst part was not once did any Southwest employee acknowledge our inconvenience.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  24 October 2013 by David Stephens    (USA)

Took flight 2009 from Las Vegas, 10/33/2013. Told flight was delayed 30 minutes, ended up being over an hour and a half. We were waiting on luggage to arrive from another flight. There were approx. 15-20 people trying to make connections in Austin and they were holding the plane for luggage. Usually great flights, not this one. Will have to think twice before flying SW again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by S Wright    (USA)

My husband for the first time booked three flights with Southwest. We flew from Orlando to New Orleans, from New Orleans to Dallas then from Dallas back to Orlando. We were very pleased with the service and we agreed that every seat on a Southwest flight IS compatible to flying first class with any other carrier. They all should take note, IJS. You must remember to print your boarding pass 24 hours prior to your flight departure, this will determine your boarding zone. The check in was so smooth! No need to fly with any other carrier.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Donna Trenkwalder    (USA)

Yesterday 10/6/2013 my husband and I traveled on flight #320 from Phoenix to SF and although the trip was smooth and uneventful we were disappointed that throughout the entire flight (except the last few minutes for landing) the lights in the cabin were dimmed a bit, but were never turned completely off. I can only speak for the two of us but I found it very annoying and not relaxing at all. It turned our two hour flight (that I was looking forward to closing my eyes and relaxing) to one in which I was looking at my watch frequently anxious for the flight to end. Disappointing for sure!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Ivan Dzhur    (USA)

I flew Southwest today for the first time. Flight 905 LGA to Chicago Midway. Easy check in online, pre-queue at the airport. Seats are comfortable with decent legroom, clean and new aircraft, professional cabin crew. Left 5 min late due ramp congestion but arrived in Midway 20 min earlier. Will fly with them again and certainly would recommend.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  4 October 2013 by Steve Hume    (USA)

Birmingham AL to Orlando FL on Oct. 2, 2013. Flight number 243. Southwest has fallen into the cattle service crowd. Not only nothing special here, their cute casual personality now falls short and is boring. Non service oriented on the plane and even worse in re-shuffling flight schedules for maximum load making paying customers wait in airports because their original flight get canceled. A value no longer, all the best, I'm flying with someone who cares about my loyalty.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2013 by P Miller    (UK)

Three recent trips on Southwest (AUS-DEN, DEN-SMF, SFO-PHX). All three were delayed, with times ranging from an acceptable 20 mins to a nail biting 75 mins delay which meant we almost missed our connecting flight. Gate agents were all friendly and kept us informed. On board was a different matter with rarely a smile from the flight attendants. Southwest used to be so different from the competition, but I don't think this is the case anymore. Free checked bags is certainly an advantage though.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2013 by T Vronay    (USA)

This was our first time with Southwest, round-trip from DEN-LAX, both flights left and arrived on time. There were no problems or delays with boarding. Check-in and baggage check-in very efficient. This was wonderful considering that we have often flown United, USAir, American, Delta and not once did the plane leave on time, and had problems with loading. The crew were polite and courteous, unlike those other US airlines we have flown.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Val Wilson    (USA)

I recently flew to New York City and my airport was LaGuardia. The flight to New York was fine and went without a problem. However, my return flight home where I was on a time crunch was quite different. I recognize that the delay in getting home was due to lighting strikes in the area, not an organizational management issue of SW, and for safety considerations all flights in and out of LaGuardia were delayed. The terminal at LaGuardia is far too small to accommodate the business for Southwest especially when an unforeseen event occurs as in this case. SW had one Customer Care representative trying to handle a large number of passengers. Finally another representative showed up. Then appeared a supervisor who decided to make an issue with his subordinate about how long his break was to be, I have never witnessed such unprofessional behavior at an airline counter as this. It was unbearable in that worn out terminal - nowhere to sit, people sitting on the floor, in walkways and exit ways. I stood in- line again just to be given misinformation from that same supervisor/manager that there would no problem. After 5.5 hours in that crowed musty terminal, I went out of security back down to the check-in counter where I found a representative who was helpful. I don't think I will take SW to New York especially via LaGuardia ever again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  16 September 2013 by L Taylor    (New Zealand)

SFO-LAS. First time flying Southwest! The crew were hilarious. Great, quick flight - left and arrived on time, boarding was quick and efficient and the baggage arrived quickly. Loved this airline and would happily fly them as my carrier of choice for my next trip to America.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Chisu Suh    (USA)

From Vegas back to San Francisco. In Group B, I was one of the first people to board the plane. When I heard my group being called, I stood in line in the right number section that was written on my boarding pass. Following the people in line in front of me, I presented my boarding pass to the attendant and she responded in such a rude way I never want to fly Southwest again. As I presented my boarding pass, without eye contact, she handed it back to me. Instead of placing it back in my hand, she practically tossed it to me, landing on the ground. She instead grumbled, this isn't your group. Please wait to board when I call your group. Confused, I replied, is this group B?” She stared at the pass for a while and responded, “Oh, I thought I called the wrong group!” And finally let me board. This frustrated me as the attendant didn't make eye contact with me the whole time we were talking. The captain and crew members were unprofessional and laughed many times over the main speaker when making announcements. My flight was on Sunday around 10.30am departing from Vegas. Not such a great way to end my vacation.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  6 September 2013 by D Bergstrom    (USA)

I'm Executive Platinum with AA and as we live in Austin, AA is usually our carrier of choice. Recent trip to LAS, we booked Southwest for the non-stops on this round trip. Never been on Southwest before and I was sure they were not going to match AA. Paid for Early Boarding and received low A group boarding on both flights. Their airport kiosks for bag drop is very user friendly and both flights were the fastest check in I've experienced. I don't mind paying baggage fees when I have to, but the 2 bags free policy was a nice change. Boarding was organized and everyone paid close attention as where to stand in line. The planes are very clean and the seats for coach are great. Standard legroom and the open seating was fine for this trip. Very fast boarding, they may be on to something here. Fast on board service without carts in the aisle. Overall a very nice trip and would easily use Southwest again for certain trips out of Austin. They do serve a niche.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  5 September 2013 by John Doherty    (USA)

Had the displeasure of flying Flight 2878 (9/2/2013) last night from Dallas to St. Louis. Flight was supposed to depart at 7.05pm but we were in the plane on the ground at 7.25pm when I got a voice mail message from Southwest Airlines to tell me that the flight would leave at 7.25pm. Flight taxied out at 7.35pm and got in position to take off when the flight crew declared a "Medical Emergency" and returned to the terminal where we sat until 8.05pm. Finally took off and landed in St. Louis at 9.30pm - 50 minutes late. Sunday night flights to St. Louis are repeatedly late.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  5 September 2013 by A Douglas    (USA)

Our first and last time using Southwest. We flew from New York (LGA) to Chicago (MDW) over the Labor Day weekend. Outbound trip was ok, but the return was chaotic. Our return flight was scheduled for an 8pm departure but was delayed to 11pm due to some weather issues which we can understand. However, they kept changing the departure status from 11pm to 10.30pm to 9.10pm and then to 9.45pm. When they changed it to 9.10pm, this was when we had to scramble to the airport. We managed to make it to Midway but we were scattered on the plane even when we had Boarding group A. Either way, it is best to avoid Southwest Airlines at all costs.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  3 September 2013 by Irene Buhalo    (USA)

Horrible experience coming home from Disneyworld in Orlando on Saturday, August 31. The Southwest flight from Orlando to Chicago missed the connecting flight to Philadelphia by about 10 minutes. We were put on standby for the next flight to Philadelphia, 4 hours later, but they did not have 4 tickets for my family for that flight (but they sent our checked-in luggage back to Philadelphia on that flight). We were then told at the MDW Southwest desk that there was no flight to Philadelphia for another 3 days, but that Southwest was not offering us any overnight lodging or meal vouchers. We were incredulous. At least a dozen other Philadelphians were stranded. We finally took city transit to Union Station and grabbed an Amtrak to NYC, then were back home in Philadelphia Sunday night.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  28 August 2013 by Paul Davis    (Canada)

Another pleasant set of flights on Southwest. BUF-LAS, 737-700, LAS-BUF, 737-800 (Sky interior with larger overhead bins). Got the seats with double leg room on both flights even with an A30/A37 boarding number. Glad I paid for Early-bird check-in. ($12.50 US each way). Bag drop a bit slow in BUF - can't understand why they don't have a dedicated bag drop line. All flights on time. Drink/snack service on all legs, with an additional water service on the longer legs. Luggage delivered quickly at LAS and BUF. Already planning my next trip on Southwest.

1 2 3 4 5 6