Southwest Airlines Passenger Reviews and Southwest Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Lorch Kenneth    (USA)

We signed up for flight notifications with an email address. We were told at the airport that we had been notified at 11.45 that our flight was cancelled. We had not been notified and neither had anyone else in line around us. Had we been notified, we would have known not to leave for our 3 pm flight and not to waste 3 hours going to the airport and standing in line to change our flight. Why were there only 3 customer service people handling the hundreds of people standing in line? Southwest used to be the "go to" airline. No longer. What a disappointment. The customer service rep was polite but really could not have cared less.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Miller Robert    (USA)

I fly SW from San Jose to Ft Lauderdale and back several times a year. I too have been a victim of delays due to mechanical problems and sometimes bad weather. I suspect that all airlines have these issues. I love the witty banter of the safety announcements. If you are nice to the staff they will be nice to you. It is not their job to stuff your 90 lb. carry on into the overhead bin. The pilot decides when and if beverages and snacks will be served. I am a "senior" and remember the old days when people didn't feel so entitled, as they board in their sweat pants, or worse. It takes just one or two passengers to ruin a flight.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  24 January 2014 by Moore John    (Australia)

San Antonio - Las Vegas via Denver and Las Vegas - San Antonio in January. On a business class RTW ticket we did this low frills side trip with UK and US friends - they're buses with prices to match, check-in at the 24 hour point gets you into the early second tier boarding queue which enabled our party of six to all travel next to their partner and all couples had one window seat with carry on in the over head lockers and all flights were full. They took their own lunch and appreciate the gratis soft drinks/coffee and unlimited pretzels. Loved the commentary from the flight deck on departure from Las Vegas and on arrival at San Antonio. For internal US travel go for it.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2014 by L Barron    (USA)

I took this airline from Houston to Orlando and while the flight was smooth I don't really like the seat arrangements. You are assigned a group so if you get a bad group then you can get on the plane with your spouse and not be able to sit together because of no available two seats together.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Znasik Michal    (Slovakia)

12 Jan, flight 670, MDW-LGA, 1.5 hrs. Low fare, easy check in, speedy boarding, on-time, professional cabin crew, very good seat pitch, new aircraft. Soft drinks, nuts and pretzels - free of charge. Better than other "traditional" airlines.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  20 January 2014 by J Ashiblie    (USA)

Traveled on WN1038, 25 Dec, San Antonio to Orlando non-stop as a separate domestic segment making up a One World American Airlines KUL-CDG-DFW-SAT/PBI-ORD-LHR-KUL. It was a full flight to a holiday destination at the busiest time of the year. Service was the absolute minimal. Sodas were minimal with just one cup and no top-ups! Legacy carriers would offer the whole can of Dr Pepper for you to enjoy your drink. Southwest of today is definitely not the Southwest of the 80s! If you need a 2nd piece of check in bag, then you might want to consider Southwest, otherwise, stay away.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Chase Henderson    (USA)

Admittedly there was a storm two days before we wanted to arrive in our destination of Indianapolis. They repeatedly lied to us and told us that the Indianapolis airport was closed when there were other airlines flying into Indianapolis from the same airport. They changed our flight 10 times. After they cancelled our flight to Indy they put us on another flight to Louisville airport, after we received this confirmation the flight was reinstated but we lost our spot. They never gave us meal vouchers or paid for a hotel. They refused to get us a ticket with any other airline actually flying into Indianapolis too. All in all the worst experience I have eve had with any company.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Bill Schur    (Canada)

Just returned from a trip to San Jose the 1st. of January. I do not like this cattle call method of filling the seats. After finally entering plane I always look for the seats by the emergency exit due to knee problems, what I found was a young girl sitting there already. When I brought my concern to the stewardess about whether or not she would be capable of opening the emergency exit, she just said no problem for her to open it. The seats are not made for me and I find them very uncomfortable. I really would like to give SouthWest airlines a better score but could not.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by T Xavier    (USA)

Flight 3546, Denver to Philadelphia, 1/3/14. The weather was bad in Philadelphia so all flights were problematic - but SW changed the departure time over 8 times, there were 5 gate changes. All we were told, with all this, the flight arrived 5.5 hours late in Philadelphia and the bags took another 45 minutes.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by David Demar    (USA)

Flew from Detroit on Jan 4 2013, flight 2112 to Las Vegas with my 10 year old son who is autistic and has glaucoma. Flight was delayed 2 hours while we waited for a 3rd flight attendant. The gentleman taking tickets was making jokes and doing a comedy routine once we finally got on board his parting shot was "sorry for the delay hope you had as much fun as we did". When we landed the flight attendants got on the PA and said "finally" like the passengers were responsible for the delay. Missed our connection to Burbank, that flight was delayed as well but they apparently could not wait another 20 minutes or so to get the rest of the passengers on. I told the agent I'm flexible and can fly into any airport in Southern California. She seemed to be put out at having to help any of us. Their solution was to basically throw their hands in the air and put us all on standby. The did offer lodging though. Thankfully I spoke with a different agent and she was able to get us to Orange County. Have never seen a more unprofessional airline.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by J Watson    (Australia)

Flew in Sept. 2013 from Nashville to Denver and later, Denver to LAX. We were very impressed considering this is a budget airline. Managed to get seats in the 2nd row on both flights for both myself and my elderly mother. Flight attendants were friendly and attentive, nice smooth flights, new planes, very clean. Were most impressed with ground crews in both Denver and LA who allowed my mother and I to board the plane before any general boarding. Will certainly fly Southwest again.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Bonnie Joseph    (USA)

We flew from Minneapolis to Houston on December 14. We had weather delays so had to fly to Milwaukee / St Louis / Oklahoma City and finally into Houston Hobby in the evening. It was a hectic flight, but the crew on flight 3480 were wonderful!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Tom Miner    (USA)

Dec 22 - Flt 3308, BDL to Midway and on to LAX. Dec 27 - Flt 774 to Midway, Flt 1821 to BDL. Southwest's new seating to increase its profits makes it one of the most uncomfortable airlines I have flown on. They have squeezed two extra rows into a 737 to increase profits at the cost of customer comfort. I am 6'2" and had my knees crammed against the seat in front of me. SW did offer an "upgrade" at check in - access to rows A 1-15 - but that would have cost my wife and me an extra $500! In addition to lack of leg room, the new seats barely come to mid- thigh, further increasing my discomfort. The touted benefits of no baggage fee (one bag apiece) and friendly staff are no compensation for hours of discomfort.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  16 December 2013 by J Katnic    (USA)

LAX-SFO return on 12/09/2013. I like the text message updates early in the day that let you know flights may be late. Before I even left LAX, I knew my flight home from SFO would be over 1.5 hours late. That allowed me to finish up early and get back to the airport to try and catch the earlier flight. I did just that, and was accommodated on the second to last flight back to LAX. Even though I used points for this trip, there was no charge to take the earlier flight. Flights always have drink service and a choice of peanuts/pretzels. Even though they can be stingy when passing the snacks out, they never say no when you ask for more, and are always nice and polite. In addition, I always ask for a kids book with wings to take home for my kid, and they gave me two this time - nice touch. So while the assigned seating thing can be a drag, they make up for it with outstanding service. And while I was given B51 on the earlier flight to LAX, I still managed to get a window sea t, so no complaints on the seating. Checking in early is key!

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by D Burton    (USA)

I have been on several airlines in my life, but Southwest Airlines in my opinion is the worst. The open seating is like a mad zoo. No control, people pushing, it is the worse possible way I have ever seen to board a plane. Additionally, the seats are the smallest and most cramped I've been in. No leg room and a totally miserable experience. I will not fly with them anymore. They have lost me as a customer. However the flight crew is friendly.

Southwest Airlines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by A Morgan    (USA)

I have been a Southwest customer for years and have rarely had problems. Today I was trying to get home for Thanksgiving. I have signed up to get text messages about the status of my flights, and until today, this has worked out fine. Until today, I have received text messages informing me of flight delays which turned out to be accurate. Today I received 2 successive texts telling me that my flight was being delayed, first from the original departure time of 5.25pm until 6.00pm, and then of a further delay until 6.20pm. When I arrived at my gate about one hour before the scheduled departure time, there was no seating available in the area of the gate from which my flight was leaving. I moved to an area of the concourse where the gates are not currently being used so I could sit and elevate my feet. I was actually sitting there when the second text came telling me of the delay until 6.20pm. At 6.10 I got up and walked down to my gate. When I arrived, I discovered that the plane had actually departed at 5.50, before I received the second text. When I spoke with the person at the Customer Service desk, I was told that I should not have left the gate, and that the announcement that the plane was actually leaving at the originally scheduled time could not be heard in the area where I had been sitting. When I asked why I had received a second text message telling me of a further delay after the flight had actually left, I was told that the texts are computer generated and are for my convenience only. I was aware that the plane might actually depart later than the time given in the text message, but it had never occurred to me that it might depart earlier than the time predicted by the texts. I was told that my options were to wait for ten next flight which was due in about two hours, fly to Baltimore for a layover then fly to Nashville and arrive at my destination a little before mid-night, or pay for a hotel room and take a flight in the morning. I could not face several more hours of great discomfort, so I am spending tonight in the Microtel without luggage or medication.

1 2 3 4 5 6