Spirit Airlines Customer Reviews and Spirit Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

a World 2-Star Airline

a World 2-Star Airline

Read Spirit Airlines Passenger Reviews and Spirit Airlines customer trip Reports

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  26 February 2014 by Logan Wood    (USA)

Standard

If you are unfortunate enough to possess a future ticket with this airline, good luck actually getting in the air. This is my first and last trip on this airline. My first flight to my destination was 2 hours late. My return home flight was grounded due to an error in maintenance records. This airline do not have a fleet large enough to supply replacement equipment. My flight out of DFW at 3.39pm is the last flight of the day to Orlando. By the time you pay their fees to get a seat and carry on a bag to sit in a cramped seat that doesn't even recline you will spend the same amount on a reputable airline and actually reach your destination.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by D Jacobs    (USA)

Standard

Do not use this airline. We did because we thought it was cheaper. Not so! Not only do they charge for checked bags, they charge for carry on as well. Also, if you do check in online. When we boarded, we found French fries and other food matter on our seat and on the floor. he plane was filthy. As soon as the doors were closed we were told there was no running water on board. The toilets did not flush because of this. You can imagine the stench. They put coffee bags taped to the restroom wall to help with the smell. Really? Furthermore, no free anything. We paid for soda, couldn't get coffee or tea (no water) and the flight attendants were all inexperienced.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by A Smith    (USA)

Standard

Planning an evening flight to Las Vegas, our intention was to sleep for the majority of the 5 hr and 45 min flight. That didn't happen. The party plane was in full swing from the moment they closed the door, halfway through they reported that they had run out of alcohol. Needless to say, the small seats were that much smaller when everyone around you is drunk. Fast forward to our flight home, this flight (from Las Vegas to Philly) was cancelled due to weather. After booking another night at our hotel, we learned that they had put us on a flight leaving in a few short hours. The final kicker was when we realized there was no flight from Las Vegas to Philly showing at either airport. All in all, it was a major hassle, and then the flight home was packed tighter than the flight there. Never again will I fly Spirit.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by T Morris    (USA)

Standard

Flight from Philadelphia to Las Vegas. Worst 5 hours I have experienced. It was, dirty, claustrophobic, and they had the nerve to charge for a carry-on. My first and last time flying with this airline.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2014 by K Gilroy    (USA)

Standard

Spirit is the worst airline I have flown. I wouldn't recommend this airline to my worst enemy. The fare was low but with all the extra costs along the way (which is pretty much everything) we would have been better off buying a more expensive ticket on a better airline. There are no complimentary drinks or snacks and the seats do not recline. The flight was delayed an hour and our baggage took way too long to come out causing us to miss our bus home. Will never fly Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  24 February 2014 by B Cuneo    (USA)

Standard

My family of 4 traveled for the third time with Sprit, from Dallas to Los Angeles. For the third time we had a great experience. Staff have always been very cordial and helpful. On our latest trip, we had a storm while we were gone that required us to come home a day early. After thinking we might need to pay hundreds of dollars to change our flight, they ultimately allowed us to move our flight up a day for a minimal change fee. In addition to Spirit going the extra mile to help us out, the whole experience was great. The plane seats and interior appeared new and clean, the seats don't recline which while maybe being less uncomfortable for you, you also don't have the person in front of you invading your space. With Spirit, if you understand that they are a pay for each service airline and read the fee lists, you can fly for a lot cheaper than other airlines without being blindsided by a surprise fee. We flew for nearly half the price of the next airline. If only they flew out of OKC.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Bliesener Kenneth    (USA)

Standard

Thought I got a good deal on tickets until I paid for luggage! One average size suitcase and one carryon cost nearly the same as the ticket. Total deception and run around on pricing. I will never fly with them again.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by J Wang    (USA)

Standard

Round trip on Spirit with one-way duration of 3 hours. The reason I chose Spirit Airline was price. On the outbound trip, I had to pay $45 because my suitcase was 0.5 inch wider than their measurement. This suitcase has been used all the time for carry-on baggage with many different airlines, never with any problems. Once on board, the flight attendants, one male and one female, never smiled. Neither did they provide a single complimentary drink, not even tap water, for 3+ hours. They simply force you to buy their merchandise. Before the end of the trip, the do-not-know-how-to-smile male attendant made three announcements to urge travelers to sign up Spirit credit card and how many benefits you would get with those cards, all within half an hour. On my return trip, things get worse. Though I gave away my half-an-inch-larger suitcase to avoid the $45 fee, and my stuff in a plastic bag fits well in the free personal item measurement. The Spirit gatekeeper insisted I pay $100 for my things by calling out to close the gate - he knows perfectly well the mentality of a weary traveler and he hits them right on spot. I was the last one there trying to avoid this $100 expenditure out of nowhere. But I don't want to be left behind so I gave in. On board, again, not a single drop of complimentary water. At least this time the flight attendants smiled. They simply paraded with an empty trash bag to walk back and forth. In summary, extra $145 expenditure for nothing complimentary except air and one smile. That is called Spirit - an ironic title.

Spirit Airlines Reviews Spirit Airlines Passenger Opinions Spirit Airlines product service standards

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax