Spirit Airlines Customer Reviews and Spirit Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

a World 2-Star Airline

a World 2-Star Airline

Read Spirit Airlines Passenger Reviews and Spirit Airlines customer trip Reports

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by J Remi    (Canada)

Big

Dec 26, flight 451, PBG to FLL. Jan 6, flight 450, FLL to PBG. Spirit is one of my favorite airlines for the price. I fly o Fort Lauderdale to Plattsburgh every 2 weeks. Price is cheap for airline with fleet of all new A320 aircrafts. Almost on time except for bad weather.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Mark Greene    (USA)

Standard

Awful, no updates or anything. I understand weather problems, but to list the plane as on schedule up until 2 mins before takeoff and the plane isn't even there is a joke! 4 hrs later we took off. On the way back same thing 6pm flight became 9 then 12 then cancelled. Best they could do was 2 days later, no food, or hotel help. Nothing! You get what you pay for and in this case I got less.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by J Heydt    (USA)

Standard

Flight from Chicago to Ft. Myers was delayed 3 hours. We boarded the 100% full plane, sat for an hour and a half and were told they couldn't get fuel. Everyone had to deplane and it was another hour before we were told our flight was going to be canceled. Another 50 dollar cab ride home and then they couldn't get us on another flight until Friday and our original flight was for Monday. We asked if they could at least get us on a flight to Ft. Lauderdale if all flights were filled to Ft. Myers and were told "no" we had to accept the first available flight to Ft. Myers 4 days later!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by D Kenney    (USA)

Standard

I fly from MSP to TPA several times each winter. I have used Spirit several times. I fly with a service dog. I have had very few problems. The seats are tight but my dog fits herself under the seat in front of me. For a 3 hour flight, the prices can't be beaten. People who complain about extra fees, etc. have obviously not read information on the website. It is all spelled out and should hold no surprises. I compare flying Spirit to taking the bus-absolutely no frills but it gets you where you want to go!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Gilliane Sasvari    (USA)

Standard

My first time traveling with this airline and it will definitely be my last. My family and I were booked on it through Travelocity as part of a package trip for my vow renewal with my husband in Las Vegas. The trip there was problematic but ok. I asked for drinking water but was told I had to purchase water for 3 dollars and this was a 5.5 hour trip. The seats reminded me of an inner city bus service. The nightmare really started on our way back when we were made to pay 100 dollars for my son's violin as a carry on instead of a personal item as we had done on our outward journey. I was told that the flight will leave without us if we did not pay and our luggage had already been checked in. This airline is by far the worst I have ever had the misfortune of traveling on. The customer service was non existent.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by S Carver    (USA)

Standard

Flight was cancelled from Denver to Houston after being delayed and making us wait in the airport for 8 hours. Have $7 voucher which doesn't cover anything and the next flight out they had to offer was a week down the road. Try booking a next day flight for $118, they didn't even refund bag fees! With fees and everything and the negative 4 inches of leg room and dirtiness of the cabin, pay extra.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  6 January 2014 by B Jones    (USA)

Standard

Terrible - 4.5 hour delay leaving Atlanta, they offered food vouchers while we waited, they ran out of them by the time I got to the counter. The Gate people were low end, not professional. Flight home from Ft. Lauderdale was better but not good. Pay the small extra and avoid this airline.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  6 January 2014 by C Sheldon    (USA)

Standard

Tried Spirit Airlines for the first time and it will definitely be the last time. Flew to Las Vegas and the flight was late 3 hours to and from and the lateness was not due to weather related issues. The extra charge for bags was outrageous. Couldn't believe they charged for carryon as well as checked bags. If you have a carry on and it will fit under the seat there should not be a charge. I also couldn't believe the charges for drinks and snacks! $7.00 for a pillow and blanket! Next thing you know, they will be charging you to use the bathroom. The extra charge to reserve your seat? Ridiculous. They say they are a cheap airlines but after you add all the extra charges you can forget the value for money. If an airline is going to be 3 hours late they should at least offer you food reimbursement. While waiting for our flight home to Portland, the flight next to us was late two hours waiting for an airline attendant to show up. That is unacceptable. So bottom line, if you want to sit in an airport hours on end and you feel your time is not valuable, then fly Spirit.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Y Quinones    (USA)

Standard

There was just too many things wrong with this airline. I wanted to bring my dog, they told me that would cost $100 to and from San Juan ($200 total). Then they said that there were already 4 pets on the plane and I couldn't bring my pet. Changing our flight would cost $125. Thankfully we didn't change our flight because when we got on, there was only one pet. Then of course the extra charge. I simply do not want anything to do with this airline.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by John Molani    (USA)

Standard

Dallas Ft Worth to Atlanta, Flight 403, 13 July 13. Baggage (carry on and check in) are at sky high rates, several seats on-board are always missing the button to recline your seat (brought it up to the stewardess and she could not do anything, or even move me to seats above due to them being "special paid seats"). Had pictures and spoke to Customer Representatives at Spirit but they did not do anything either. Recommend to anyone to think about these issues before coming on-board or purchasing your ticket. If you would like a small cup of water, you've got to pay several dollars for it. Not to mention that in every seat or overhead there's an advertisement for their credit card.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Elenie Davis    (USA)

Standard

Atlanta, GA (ATL) to Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL). Dec 26, 2013 and return Dec 29 2013. The last seat on the plane shouldn't even exist. My husband and I flew to Miami struggling with smallest seat we have ever sat in. On top of that they charged for water, snacks, and everything else they could think of. They don't offer any free snacks! Also they charged $45.00 per bag! This was our first time flying with Spirit Airlines, and it will definitely be are last time.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by J Brentwood    (USA)

Standard

Flight 345, MSP to PHX on 12/22/13 and Flight 342, PHX to MSP on 12/26/13. My 9 month old puppy and I had a great experience flying Spirit this past Christmas season! The airport staff, check-in staff and security were extremely helpful and friendly in getting me through the process with my pet. Flight attendants were pleasant! The room under the seat was sufficient for my pets carrier. Although I did think the $100 each way price for my pet was a little steep, I will look at Spirit first for my future flights.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by D Porter    (USA)

Standard

We (family of 4) used Spirit round trip Phoenix to Minneapolis over the holiday and were very satisfied. We saved considerable amount even with the various charges. As with anything you do need to read and understand the fees. Even so it was far cheaper. The check in person in both cities was extremely polite as was the flight crew. Yes, the leg room is tight, but for what we saved I can deal with that. We fly a lot and I can't say any other airline has better service. Service goes a long way and if this airline maintains low fairs and good service they should succeed in my opinion.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Richard Dow    (USA)

Standard

Dec 23rd from FLL to LGA and back on Dec 28th from LGA to FLL. This was the worst airline I have ever flown with. The charge for carry on baggage is outrageous. The customer service was terrible and the flight out was delayed. I fly a lot, and this will be the one and only time I fly Spirit.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by J Hardee    (USA)

Standard

We arrived 2 hours prior to board a flight to Myrtle Beach from Ft. Lauderdale on January 1. We experienced complete chaos in the check in and bag drop area. The Spirit Representative said they did not anticipate "such a busy day". We were finally "expedited" by the Spirit representative, but still missed our flight due to the extreme delay in check-in and baggage drop. According to the very rude and unhelpful gate agent, no one from Spirit Check-in notified her of the delay. 20+ people missed their flight to Myrtle Beach and Boston due to incompetent Spirit Airlines staff. The plane was still at the gate. The gate agent advised the gate could not be reopened. 20+ people missed the flight. There were only 3 available seats for January 2nd travel to Myrtle Beach.

Spirit Airlines Reviews Spirit Airlines Passenger Opinions Spirit Airlines product service standards

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax