Spirit Airlines Customer Reviews and Spirit Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

a World 2-Star Airline

a World 2-Star Airline

Read Spirit Airlines Passenger Reviews and Spirit Airlines customer trip Reports

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Hanzel Cisneros    (Costa Rica)

Standard

I booked a round trip from my homeland, Costa Rica to New York (La Guardia) last October. No delays, (we had two connection flights in Fort Lauderdale with the same result) a positive attitude from the staff, a decent A320 aircraft and even more important: no last-hour or surprise fees! If you're not traveling light pay the fee for the bags at the moment of the transaction, and select (buy) your seats. The snack menu is poor, please eat something before you board the plane. Don't expect a lot of legroom, (I'm tall and slim but I never felt really uncomfortable). I made all my trip with a standard size backpack and it was free of charge! With this airline you get what you paid for, do not expect more.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  10 February 2014 by D TenClay    (USA)

Big

RT MSP-LAX-MSP week of Feb 3. Booked with 8 days notice through the web site which worked fine. Opted for available big up front seats, paid for checked baggage (1 bag) both ways and still over $400 less than my usual airline, Delta. That's too much of a difference to overlook. Service was fine, equipment is A319/320, seats a bit worn but plenty big. Will use again. Do your homework, eat ahead, bring a book and it's all good.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Valerie Reed    (USA)

Standard

I would never recommend Spirit Airlines. My sister's flight from Atlanta to Chicago was delayed in Atlanta. She actually sat on the runway for over an hour while her connecting flight from Ft. Lauderdale left on time. Spirit knew she would miss her connecting flight and still allowed her to go to Ft. Lauderdale. They then only offered to put her on the next flight at 7 am the next morning. If cheap is what you want do yourself a favor take a bus.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2014 by RJ Sladewski    (USA)

Still amazes me at how long it's taking Americans - based upon reviews below - to appreciate the European import of the budget airline concept. This ATL-DFW Saturday night flight was my 3rd Spirit flight, each at an unbeatable fare with excellent service. No surprises, except for the very nice FA's, wasn't expecting such a positive attitude from them. Also, this was the first of my 3 flights that wasn't oversold, had an entire row to myself! On the down side, there is very little personal space, don't get stuck in a middle seat of your over 5'6".

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Jessica Mannah    (USA)

Standard

NK 195, Jan 31 2014 from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale. NK 676, Feb 2 2014 from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando. The leaving and the returning back home was awful. The attendants are rude with attitudes and no respect. The fact that I paid a full ticket price and checked in online, to then arrive at the airport and have to pay an extra $50 for each bag and when I requested a window seat I got to sit both ways in a middle seat. In addition, the gates were changed and no notification was given throughout the whole process. When all passengers were finally sitting in the plane and ready to leave they kept us for 25 mins, sitting on the runway, without A/C and no explanation. I will avoid traveling with Spirit unless I have no other choice.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Daniel McMaster    (USA)

Standard

I flew December 21st to 24th. The flight crew were nice but what I do not like is that they do not give anything to customers like water, peanuts or pretzels and Coca Cola. I am a tall person and I was sat next to the aisle, it didn't give me enough legroom in my seat. When I was returning from Orlando to Detroit Metro Airport, I was dropped off at 5.40 at Orlando, security allowed us to come back to the main terminal building because our flight was delayed. I was stuck at the airport for 4 hours. I will never fly them again.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Glenn Davis    (USA)

Standard

I booked a flight from Orlando to Detroit at a fabulous price with perfect departure and return times, which I thought was too good to be true and you know what they say about that! It was. They did not allow carry on bags and wanted to charge $100 for a carry on because it wasn't checked! But they were "nice enough" to only charge $50 and said it had to pre checked online on the return flight for $40 which added an extra 90.00 for a carry on!! Will not fly Spirit again!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by P Mowery    (USA)

Big

Fort Lauderdale Las Vegas for $256 ticket, paid a total of $510 after seating and carry on! On top of the extra charges you get horrible customer service and delays. Will never fly with Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by J Sharrock    (USA)

Standard

Oakland to Las Vegas. Price came up at $80/roundtrip ticket inc. taxes. I booked this flight only to get an email 3 days later asking me to purchase bags. Never heard of this with any airline unless you are over the first free 2 bags. So at a charge of $30 to check in a bag per person each way, this $80 ticket now became $140. Staff at the ticket desk were very rude. Flight attendants on the plane were equally rude. Very short with people as the plane was delayed and they made it clear they wanted to get home. Seats do not recline at all unless you are in the 4 seats in the front of plane. You can reserve a seat for more money. All in all, I should have never switched airlines.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Robert Wadsworth    (USA)

Standard

On 12/31/1013 and 1/1/2014 we flew from Tampa to Las Vegas via Dallas/Ft. Worth and back through St. Paul. All flights were on schedule and the crews were very friendly. Yes the seating may be slightly more cramped than other airlines but they were manageable. Prices were very low for a last minute decision. Fortunately I read all the reports ahead of time and we printed boarding passes at home and hotel. We also packed small bags they were considered free personal carry-on luggage. Beer was 3 for $16 which is about average. Not like flying first class, but more than we expected for the money.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Julia Gustafson    (USA)

Big

We booked a flight from Minneapolis to Orlando. We knew ahead of time about extra pricing and decided to upgrade to the larger front seats. The flight attendants on the morning trip of Feb 15th were fantastic. I honestly did not expect a good experience because of what I had heard about Spirit but I have no complaints. I will be flying them again in the near future. I think the key is to be educated and realize that this is a "pay for what you use airline ". We brought our own drinks and snacks on board and no one said a word!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by M Kemmler    (USA)

Standard

BOS-FLL. Charge for everything. $50 for a bag if larger than a brief case, charge to chose a seat. Charge for a glass of water. seats are so close together you can't get you legs in. I won't fly them again.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  24 January 2014 by Deboirah Tanno    (USA)

Standard

Left for Costa Rica January 8th 2014, return was due for January 20 2014, arrived on January 23rd. Never take an International Flight with a connection, and leave 1 hour between flights, the flight back from Costa Rica was delayed, then customs held us up, then the door slammed in our face as we arrived in time to watch it close. We were told we would be put on standby for the next flight, well 5 flights later and nothing. For what we spent because they overbook, I could have gone first class on a reputable airline.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  23 January 2014 by Pete Flanagan    (USA)

Standard

2 hour flight took almost 7hrs one way and including delay 3hrs home. The cost of the flight was fine but if you wanted to bring a bag or have a drink the price shot through the roof. Would never fly Spirit again. Extremely cramped seating. Not one apology or offer of a beverage while we sat on plane for 4-5hrs longer than expected.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  17 January 2014 by A Gudmundson    (USA)

Standard

Flight 833 from FLL to Montego Bay, Jamaica on 1/15. Flight supposed to be at 10.30 and we left at 4.00. I would recommend that everybody avoid Spirit wherever possible. I've flown them twice and after the first time I said I would never fly them again, now I'm kicking myself for not doing that. When comparing their fares to other providers, you may be tempted to save a few dollars, but trust me, it is not worth the headache. Keep in mind that they will be nickel and diming you for everything from baggage to drinks to printing a boarding pass. In my first experience with spirit the flight was delayed 3.5 hrs and we were given no reason. On my second, the flight was delayed 5 hours due to "weather" from the departing city. When I asked what the departing city was, they noted Myrtle Beach, SC. Sure enough, weather.com shows sunny and delightful all day in Myrtle. Overall, I'd say Spirit is not worth the money. Save yourself the frustration.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Bedney Mark    (USA)

Standard

Thinking it was too good to be true is an understatement. We searched through Spirits website to see about any "hidden" fees and found nothing so we booked a trip. We are an average American family with a disabled child which leaves us very little money but we saved and planned for almost a year to be hit with almost $200 in extra fees for baggage and drinks not to mention that we were delayed coming home and had to spend most of the night in the airport. This was one of the worst experiences we have ever had traveling.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Ferdous Ghazi    (USA)

Standard

traveled from Detroit to Fort Lauderdale. The total cost including fees for practically everything was more than if I would have taken Delta. No more with this airline nor do I recommend anyone to take this one.

Spirit Airlines Reviews Spirit Airlines Passenger Opinions Spirit Airlines product service standards

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax