Spirit Airlines Customer Reviews and Spirit Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

a World 2-Star Airline

a World 2-Star Airline

Read Spirit Airlines Passenger Reviews and Spirit Airlines customer trip Reports

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Valerie Dickow    (USA)

Standard

Personnel and flights ok, but often delayed/late. In spite of fees for seats and carry-on luggage, you can save $$ by joining $9 club. Seat rows are closer than most others, so if you're tall, this can be quite uncomfortable. Seat backs are not adjustable-ugh! Trying to talk a live person and get help is impossible. I changed my internet provider and cannot make a reservation using my $9 club membership. I've called all of their phone numbers and cannot get to a live person other than someone "selling" me something who cannot help with changing my email address. Maddening and frustrating to say the least and I'm a $9 club member. I may never fly Spirit.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2014 by J Musky    (USA)

My first (and last) flight with Spirit Airline very negative to say the least! I'd recommend anyone who considers this airline to read the fine print. The baggage fees are outrageous, they don't even give you a complimentary drink, the seats do not recline and there is little leg room, the flight attendants are not friendly, needless delayed flights, gate changes and just a downright greedy airline! There was no inflight entertainment and the "food" (snacks) and drinks were extremely overpriced.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Steve Zazuri    (USA)

Standard

Delayed when we left LGA to Myrtle Beach by 1.5 hours. Delayed 2.5 hours returning. Computer glitch. We were on the runway and about to take off, had to go back to terminal. Took off 54 Golf bags. Refuelled and took off. Never told about the bags. Bunch of golfers standing around waiting for bags in baggage claim. After 30 minutes finally told. Still don't have my bag. 5 days and no one picks up phone when calling.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2014 by L Schermock    (USA)

Standard

Traveled from Houston to Orlando round trip, Both flights were on time. Airline personnel were all courteous. Seats were comfortable. I read the rules about baggage, boarding passes and other charges ahead of time so there were so surprise expenses. It costs less to list a checked bag during registration and printing a boarding pass at home saves $10. Let them give you a random seat and there will not be a charge for a seat, I got a middle seat on one flight and aisle seat on the other. Good value for the price.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Edwin Pagan    (USA)

Standard

Delayed about 1.5 hours leaving, and almost 4 hours on my trip back. Only offered a 50 dollar voucher for all the inconvenience. Not even their 800 number is user friendly. Keep your voucher, don't plan on traveling with Spirit again. Was told at the airport the plane had broken down, not what the pilot said when they finally arrived. Couldn't even offer a complementary drink for all the hassle, you had to buy. Low class service.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Saleh Michele    (USA)

Standard

I would try to avoid flying Spirit Airlines. You have to pay for carry on, you have to pay for checked baggage, they want you to pay extra for your seat. They aren't small costs, you pay for your flight and then have an extra $100-200 in other fees to pay. This is so frustrating.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Dustin White    (USA)

Standard

Flight 939, Denver to Phoenix, March 28, 2014. The 'ol bait and switch. "Our prices are the best! We undersell our competitors by $20 on average!" Sounds great right? Then, you get an email the week of your trip: "Pay Only for What You Use!" Its their pay for your bag policy. Spirit actually charges between $25 and $50 for a carry on bag - depending on how far in advance you purchase. There go those highly touted savings. Good luck to you if you're one of those poor souls who doesn't see this before getting to the gate. Spirit's website lists that "modest fee" as $100 per bag, per passenger. I didn't fully appreciate how good I had it with United and Frontier prior to this experience.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2014 by S Camila    (USA)

Standard

New York to Bogota. All of my flights departed on time and arrived earlier than estimated. The flight was ok, the prices for snacks were reasonable although there weren't many options, the biggest problem in the flight were that the chairs don't recline at all. Another big problem is that all low-cost airlines charge you for the checked bags but Spirit also charges for carry-on luggage, which I found out after I paid for the ticket, with that extra payment it ended up costing the same as a regular flight with United. Heads up! They also charge you for choosing seats! I wouldn't recommend it, because you can get a cheap flight with all of the comforts needed without paying more.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2014 by Cameron Hollis    (USA)

Standard

O'Hare to LAX, didn't realize all the extra charges for bags, seating, etc. Flight was miserable. Ended up flying back with Virgin America instead.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2014 by Lisa Anderson    (USA)

While they have luggage fees for carry-ons which most airlines have for free, your flight is still much cheaper. We found staff to be courteous and helpful from checkout counter to the flight attendants. Complain about not getting a free beverage, they charge 5 dollars for 2, I paid 8 dollars for chips and a cookie with United! It's not outrageous when you would pay more for the same item with a different airline. I paid 4 dollars for a water at the airport and 12 dollars for a cheeseburger so I didn't find the price for a beverage crazy as most but reasonable! If you don't want to pay baggage fees carry a backpack, it is free! We went from Baltimore to Las Vegas and found the flight pleasant. Will definitely book with them again!

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Paul Descoteaux    (USA)

Big

I fly Spirit Airlines often, have been using this airlines for years. Yes, they do charge for nearly everything. However, flying from LGA to MYR Spirit is the way to go. Just be prepared, check in at LGA is a real pain. Make sure you get there early once checked in everything always seems to go smoothly. Check in at MYR is much easier and more efficient. Book way in advance and choose the seat you would like, my wife and I always spend the bucks for the wide seats, so much better than other seats. Check out other airlines, you will find Spirit to be the best going between the two airports listed above.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Mayvelin Gamino    (USA)

Standard

I travelled to El Salvador in South America 10 days ago. When returning to NYC my first flight was delayed and that caused me to miss my connecting flight. Their only option was to stay in El Salvador from Sunday that I was supposed to leave, all the way to Wednesday! They offer to give me a partial refund but was not even going to cover a fraction of a new last minute ticket! I managed to convince them to put me on stand by for the following connecting flight, and after 10hrs delay, I was able to be in NYC on Sunday. When we arrived to NYC they called our names and the lady at baggage claim told us our bags could not be delivered. Today is Monday afternoon and I still do not know where my bags are.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Ray Antonacci    (USA)

Standard

A disaster. Flight delayed 1.5 hours out and 7 hours back. Gate did not work at LaGuardia after we landed 6 hours late and everyone had to stay seated for an extra hour until we were towed to another gate. Then about 30-50 people never got their luggage on a non stop flight from Myrtle Beach to LaGuardia! No one to talk to when you call for baggage, voicemail tells you to call airport. Airport says call Spirit.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Stephanie Kin    (USA)

My husband and I booked a last-minute trip on Spirit, when we had two previously planned trips cancelled, due to Noreaster snow storms. Beginning with check-in, there was no rhyme or reason to the process. A Spirit Airlines employee was randomly pulling the queue elastics this way and that, to create new lines. Individuals began pushing in front of others, in an attempt to get to the counter. In reading other reviews, it appears that there are random luggage (poundage) limits, at different times and locations. Some mentioned 45, some 50 (what most of us expect). In Baltimore, it was 40 pounds. An extra $105! Coming back, it was $50 for the same weight. Flight times offered for our route were very inconvenient and limited. Many reviews speak of rude employees. Our "attendants" were not rude. They did, however, appear that they showed up to work in whatever they had on at the moment. I cannot state how unprofessional this operation is. You will end up paying more for an incredibly inferior product. In return, you will have seats offering, literally, no room to move, zero ability to recline your seat back, no complimentary beverage (including water) and a distinct lack of professionalism and standards.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Elaine Johnson    (USA)

Standard

Please ensure you understand all baggage policies and fees prior to booking with Spirit. While this airline markets good prices for tickets, you definitely end up paying more on the back end. Not worth the hassle on the extra fees and the poor customer service. One example, we experienced was the delayed landing into Ft. Lauderdale due to fog. I understand and respect the fact we could not land and had to fly to Ft. Myers, FL until we got clearance. However, I was appalled by the fact Spirit had to re-fuel in Ft. Myers. On top of that, they did not even offer complimentary water during the entire 3.5 hr delay while we were on flight. This is just to name one incident. There are more, but too many to list in this review. All I can say is, you should consider another airline, as you will end up paying the same amount considering their "extra baggage fees", check-in hassle and poor customer service.

Spirit Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by D Nesmith    (USA)

Standard

Last month I flew from Myrtle Beach International to La Guardia in NYC. I must say I had a great experience! Check in was a breeze. Did quick bag drop. The crew on board were nice. Flight is only 1 hr 20 min. Same great service on the way back. Did quick bag drop at La Guardia. They had double booked a seat, but the crew were very efficient with solving the problem and we were all able to stay onboard! I'm flying using Spirit again in May! Only thing is the baggage fees which I was not thrilled about. Also there aren't any complimentary drinks or food but the trip was less than 90 minute so it's not that serious.

Spirit Airlines Reviews Spirit Airlines Passenger Opinions Spirit Airlines product service standards

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax