Spicejet Customer Reviews and Spicejet Passenger Trip Reports

Spicejet Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Ashutosh Garg    (India)

Delhi-Dubai-Delhi on Boeing 737. Both Flights on time. Spicejet doesn't have IFE, and food and beverages are buy on board. Seats have no leg room at all. Staff is ok (if not great). Overall, flight is not recommended. Indigo airlines is a much better option.

Spicejet Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Aamir Keruwala    (India)

SG 275. The flight was excellent and the crew members were friendly. The flight landed 30 mins ahead of time and I will choose Spicejet again in the future. However, the flight should have some entertainment.

Spicejet Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Rahul Srivastava    (India)

Recently took flight from Delhi to Aurangabad on 7th June 2014. Departure time was 10am. Check in was smooth. We were bussed to the aircraft. The bus was air conditioned and well maintained. Though the flight took off 15 mins behind schedule, it landed at Aurangabad on time. The aircraft was well maintained and the staff were very helpful. Will certainly fly Spicejet again.

Spicejet Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Patil Durvankur    (India)

I travelled by Spicejet flight (SG-248/247) from Mumbai to Goa and back. Both times the flight was delayed by 15-30 minutes from the scheduled departure. The biggest let down about Spicejet is the fact that they have a very extensive food menu, but they don't have any food or beverages onboard (except for water). I had pre-booked and paid for a meal (Chicken Sandwich) for my onward flight, which was never served to me. The reason given to me was that there was no food available onboard. Don't get fooled by the pre-booking discount (20%) they offer, as they charge a convenience fee, which eventually escalates the price more than buying the same meal on flight. The FA's just keep running from one end of the fuselage to the other carrying papers in their hand. I can't recommend Spicejet.

Spicejet Customer review :  4 April 2014 by P Vish    (India)

Travelled from PNQ-BLR return. Both flight were airbus A320. Punctual and left on time and reached few minutes ahead of schedule. Cabin crew were friendly and cheerful. As it was just an hour long flight, I did not opt for any in-flight food but I observed that the portions were rather small. Seat pitch is bit cramped but OK for short domestic flights. As expected from a budget carrier there was no in flight entertainment but the in flight magazine was nice. Total 22 kilogram baggage allowance (15 for check in and 7 for cabin) is also generous. Overall pleasant experience, will definitely fly with them again.

Spicejet Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Francis Rodrigues    (India)

I flew from Bangalore to Bangkok last month, it was a good experience with on time arrival and on time departure. Cabin staff were we co-operative and friendly. the only negative part as per me is the legroom which is not so comfortable for longer travelling.

Spicejet Customer review :  13 February 2014 by Debaditya Haldar    (India)

I traveled on February 9, 2014 from Kolkata to Mumbai and was extremely disappointed with the experience. I have written some really good reviews in the past about Spicejet however this experience was not up to my satisfaction. The aircraft used was an old Boeing and the interiors were extremely shabby. Most of the seats were torn from all corners and were in extremely poor condition. The leg room was the worst I have experienced on a flight. They need to sort out the basics rather than focusing on being #1 in terms of on time performance. The only good thing I can think of in the entire flight was the behavior of the cabin crews.

Spicejet Customer review :  3 February 2014 by Indraneel Upponi    (India)

SG3302 from Belgaum (IXG) to Chennai (MAA) via Bengaluru (BLR) by VT-SUP (Q400 propeller aircraft). Departed ahead of time from Belgaum and arrived around 30 mins early into Bengaluru. The plane stopped at BLR for around an hour for refuelling and cleaning. BLR to MAA flight also departed around 20 mins early from BLR. Clouds at Chennai made the landing very turbulent. However, the (only 2) cabin crew were very friendly and smiling.

Spicejet Customer review :  22 January 2014 by P Prabhu    (USA)

Mumbai to Mangalore, 5th Dec 2013, 12.30 pm. We never had any problems with baggage, they allowed 2 check in bags for each passenger, approx 30 kg/passenger. Airport personnel were pleasant, even inflight service was nice. Right on time. Aircraft's are new.

Spicejet Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Karl Moosbrugger    (Austria)

BLR-IXG on a small prop plane. Check-in at BLR was efficient, crew friendly. Seats on the small Dash8 were reasonably comfortable and the flight was smooth. As it is a no-frills airline you have to buy snacks on board. Overall a positive experience.

Spicejet Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Krishnamoorthy Balaji    (UK)

I have traveled multiple times between MAA-IXM and IXM-MAA segments. It's a short leg, except for one trip which was delayed 2.5 hours, all others were on time and arrival was always early. Spicejet need to focus on the customer service. It's a regional flight travelling to Madurai and I don't see why announcements were made in Hindi. Food is expensive. Overall happy flights except for a few bits and pieces. They could improve customer service and introduce a rewards program.

Spicejet Customer review :  10 December 2013 by Velmurugan Arumugam    (India)

My family travelled from Dubai to Madurai (SG24) with two kids (3 years and 18 months). Once I purchased ticket I paid for food also (AED 25). Onboard I faced the following problems: 1) They didn't provide a bassinet. 2) No seat belt provided for my other child who was to sit on my lap. 3) No earplugs. 4) Total flying time was 4 hours, after 3 hours they provided a meal, I had to ask for our pre-booked meals otherwise we wouldn't have got them. No hospitality, no responsibility. A very poor service.

Spicejet Customer review :  27 November 2013 by N Sommerfeld    (USA)

We have booked and paid for 5 flights with SpiceJet. Of those 5, three were cancelled without any issues with weather/external circumstance (i.e. all internal SpiceJet operational issues) and one was delayed by 2 hours. Only one flight managed to make it to the destination on time. Worse, SpiceJet does not pay for hotels or offer any sort of recompense when they cancel a flight due to operational issues (including not having enough passengers) all they offer is to book you on the next available SpiceJet fight (note that they refuse to buy you a ticket on any other airline), which is usually the next day and forces you to either pay for an additional hotel night out of pocket or lose a night that you had already paid for. They don't even offer to make the seat selection free after forcing you to change your plans completely. The additional 250 rupee charge is just a slap in the face after they tell you there is nothing they can do about completely disrupting your travel a day before you are supposed to leave. They are the worst Indian airline. Not only does SpiceJet not get you to your destination on time, you're usually a day late.

Spicejet Customer review :  22 November 2013 by Joshua Sommerfeld    (USA)

I purchased 3 SpiceJet tickets to travel on weekends over the last 2 months. Every flight was either delayed more than 2.5 hours or flat-out cancelled, and I have never been offered anything (other than an "apology") for my troubles. The first flight was delayed 3 hours due to mechanical issues. The second was cancelled 1 hour prior to departure with no warning due to mechanical issues on the inbound flight. They had no flights available until the following morning. Some passengers on the flight missed international connections, the value of their international flights was forfeited and they had to pay hefty change fees. I took my refund and had to hire a driver who drove me 7 hours overnight. My flight tomorrow (Thurs afternoon) was cancelled due to mechanical issues. They couldn't find another plane, so I will have to fly out Friday morning as it is the only flight available. They refused to put me on an Air India flight that was at the same time as my original flight. Their customer service is pathetic. I will never fly SpiceJet again.

Spicejet Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Ramesh Sreedhar    (India)

PNQ to MAA return. The experience was pretty bad. The airline advises customers to arrive 2 hrs before scheduled departure, we arrived 1 hr 45 mins prior to departure and the check-in counter was closed. There was nobody at the Spicejet counter. Had to wait 30 mins. Then told that the flight was delayed by 1 hr due to the aircraft from Delhi arriving late. When we asked for a single row seating at the front they told us that we would be charged 500 rupees per person for the front row. Had to forcefully opt for second last row seat. The flight arrived departed on time, the aircraft was fairly okay, the interiors and the night lighting was great, but overall not a good trip - expected lot more from Spicejet.

Spicejet Customer review :  19 September 2013 by K Prashanth    (India)

BLR-DEL and back. The onward flight was Monday early morning flight - full. It was a pleasant trip. right on time. Check in was smooth. Return flight was Tuesday afternoon. Pretty much empty (40% load I guess). Had the whole row to myself. Smooth check in. On time flight. Would definitely like to travel again with them.

Spicejet Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Marion Fernandez    (India)

My husband and I flew SpiceJet and I must say it was an overall bad experience. Flight was booked for 10.30 am, and at first the flight was delayed to 12.20 pm, after which I received a call stating the flight had been further delayed to 1.50pm. I fail to understand why there was a 3.5 hour delay. The staff at the counters did not offer any solution, apart from the manager whom we contacted at the end.

Spicejet Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Kurt G Andersen    (Norway)

I travelled 4 domestic flights with Spicejet, November 2012, Delhi - Varanasi, Varanasi - Delhi, Delhi - Goa and Goa - Delhi. All 4 flights were delayed from 30 minutes to more than one hour. This made reaching connecting flight very difficult and I almost missed a flight back home to Europe because of that. I pre-ordered food on all this flight and got the same meal every time. Once the meal was delivered just a few minutes before the preparing for landing instructions came. So in fact I hadn't time to finish my meal. Altogether my experiences with Spicejet were negative.

Spicejet Customer review :  18 July 2013 by M Thakkar    (UAE)

Boeing 737-800 from BLR to BOM. Boarding completed in record time and departure on time. Cabin crew welcoming and efficient in providing water to all passengers on a flight that wasn't quite full. Kudos to cockpit crew for a smooth take-off, climb, cruise, descent and landing in somewhat perilous conditions (heavy rains). Plenty of legroom and well-spaced-out seats on board, with ample reading in the in-flight magazine. Disappointing that the airline does not stock a few extra hot meals for those who didn't pre-order them. SpiceJet is well-placed and commendable for its extremely cost-efficient yet never lacking in any aspect of low-cost service.

Spicejet Customer review :  2 May 2013 by Atharva Naik    (India)

B737-900ER of SpiceJet which was one of their newest aircraft. My destination was Goa. Our boarding started 15 minutes prior to departure and there was a mess with the stamp on my boarding pass. So we had to go back to the security check area and get a stamp on - ground staff was polite and they had the bus waiting for us. We took off from Mumbai relatively on time and reached Goa in 45 minutes contrary time given by airline which was 1h 05m. I found the seat comfortable with enough legroom. We didn't buy food in-flight for a 45 min flight. The staff of SpiceJet was most polite I have seen.

Spicejet Customer review :  25 March 2013 by S Menon    (India)

Round trip from Chennai to Hyderabad. Morning departure from Chennai. The boarding was complete 20 minutes before scheduled departure time and then we had to wait for close to 30 mins for a piece of cargo to arrive from another location. The captain was prompt enough to explain the reason for the delay hence there was no confusion. Clean aircraft with attentive cabin crew. Return flight at night was delayed 2 hours but was informed about the same in the afternoon through a text message which I think is a positive step. The flight to Chennai was operated by an all women crew which I think is a first as far as the low cost airlines in India are concerned. Overall good experience.

Spicejet Customer review :  13 March 2013 by Manika Verma    (India)

Very bad customer service. Flight delayed 30 mins initially then 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours and it went on and on. The cancellation was not allowed by the customer service because apparently their systems were not update with the reality on the airport. Stranded at Chennai airport for 8 hours and tried to change it but was disregarded by the staff. Being economical does not mean that you start ignoring passengers who are asking you legible valid questions as and when you feel like.

Spicejet Customer review :  18 February 2013 by Debaditya Haldar    (India)

BOM-CCU-BOM. The flights were on-time each way. Cabin crew were warm and friendly. Have travelled Spicejet earlier as well and was impressed to see the improvements they have made over the years. The only issue I had was on my BOM-CCU flight where the leg space was inadequate. However, the flight from CCU-BOM was excellent.

Spicejet Customer review :  24 January 2013 by S Shetty    (India)

21-01-2013, BOM-COK, Boeing 737. The check-in procedure was quite disorganised with the longest possible line for any airline I could see at Bombay. Their website says you cannot do web check-in if you need to check in baggage. For an early morning flight this rule makes you leave home at least half an hour before other airlines. Staff allotted me an aisle seat in the non-reclining row before exit without informing me, since I am relatively tall, the leg space was quite insufficient, the only reason to be thankful was the gentleman in front of me did not recline his seat. Overall, have had better experiences on other Indian budget airlines like Indigo. Staff are good but could do with some more training. Would I fly this airline again - perhaps but the price will need to be good to consider this alternative.

Spicejet Customer review :  20 December 2012 by R Marsh    (UK)

Mumbai to Goa and back. Good airline which was on time. Food to buy on board. Free checked luggage allowance.

Spicejet Customer review :  20 December 2012 by Nirmal Sasilatha    (UAE)

Colombo (CMB) to Chennai (MAA). Aircraft used was Bombardier Q400 with a flying time of around 1 hrs 40 mins. The aircraft was clean and new. Check-in and boarding was smooth and efficient. Very comfortable flight. Overall a good experience.

Spicejet Customer review :  13 December 2012 by Rishad Patell    (India)

Goa to Hyderabad on a Bombardier. Nice aircraft. Flight was delayed but we were informed a few days prior. Overall good experience.

Spicejet Customer review :  22 November 2012 by B Dsouza    (USA)

Less than 24 hours after I booked my ticket online I got a text message letting me know that the flight time had changed by 30 minutes. On the way to the airport I got another text message letting me know that my flight would be delayed by 30 minutes. I got to the airport and was told the delay would now be an hour. One hour later after the original departure time the plane didn't show up for another 30 minutes. The plane was small, but clean and looked new. Bottled water was handed to everybody. Overall the flight was pleasant but the delays make the trip exhausting for I spent more than 4 hours at the airport. Also while it was nice they sent a text message it would have been nice if they sent an email. I'm not an Indian resident but got a local phone and realized I wouldn't have known about the flight changes if I didn't have a local phone.

Spicejet Customer review :  24 October 2012 by V Agarwal    (UK)

MAA-TRV. Chennai Airport looks like it needs replacing and the security queue snaked around the terminal building. The flight was late boarding, mainly because the domestic terminal only had two gates in use. Aircraft was a modern Bombardier Q400 which was two thirds empty. The wrong aircraft safety card was in my seat pocket, I showed this to one of the crew and she replaced it. Cabin Crew were attentive and efficient in their tasks. Flight arrived 30 minutes late into Trivandrum and the bags took about 15 minutes to come out.

SPICEJET customer review :  1 October 2012 by Rishad Patell (India)

Customer Rating :  7/10

Flew Bombay to Kochi on Spicejet. Early morning departure and a full plane. My partner and I got seats in the last row - uncomfortable and cramped for the 2 hour flight but a full flight so no chance of changing seats. Poor service on board with terrible crew. Got to Kochi only to be told the return flight was cancelled on our date of return. Called their Customer service and were rebooked very efficiently on another flight- and even to a new destination as we had missed a connection. Flight back much better. Service great. Was like flying 2 different airlines.

SPICEJET customer review :  12 September 2012 by J Padma (India)

Customer Rating :  1/10

We were flying to Trivandrum from Chennai. The journey takes about one hour fifteen minutes. The flight was announced and we boarded at 6.30 pm and were supposed to take off at 7 pm. No announcement till 7.15 pm. When passengers approached the cabin crew they did not know what was happening. The flight crew was arguing with the ground staff. There was nothing to eat or drink. The pilot announced that there will be some refreshments but nothing came. Finally after an hour and half the flight took off. We reached Trivandrum around 9.30 pm. The experience was awful. If there was an issue, the airlines should have delayed the flight instead of boarding passengers and make them wait on the Tarmac without any option of cancelling the journey or even getting refreshments. We never did the mistake of taking a Spicejet flight again.

SPICEJET customer review :  28 June 2012 by S Srivastava (USA)

Customer Rating :  2/10

This is a low fare airlines that appeals to many budget minded travelers. However, the airlines baggage policy is completely out of line with the international standards. For example, most international carriers offers checked-in luggage up to 23 Kg, while SpiceJet is only 20 Kg. The carry-in is limited to 7 Kg only. When you check in your luggage after arriving from overseas journey, SpiceJet charges 200 Rupees per Kg, an extraordinarily high rate. Checking-in Staff are eager to charge and seldom give a consideration to a traveler's appeal. One feels trapped as there is no option. My advice to SpiceJet, increase the weight limit to 23 Kg and institute a flat fee in Indian Rupees equivalent to $25 dollars for an extra piece of checked-in luggage, not the 200 Rupees per Kg rate. My advice to international travelers, do not expect any concession from ground staff; most of them are trigger-happy to charge fees for extra weight.

SPICEJET customer review :  17 February 2012 by V Bagaria (India)

Customer Rating :  9/10

On time departure from BLR and 30 mins early into Kolkata. Relatively old aircraft but well maintained. Quality of food served was good.

SPICEJET customer review :  11 September 2011 by Mohit R Singal (India)

Customer Rating :  5/10

DEL-KTM-DEL on a relatively old B737-800. Nothing much is expected from a LCC but the worst part was the leg room and space. As we were travelling with our 6 month old child, we barely moved for the entire 1.5 hrs flight due to limited space. Barring this, everything else went fine. FA were courteous and helpful.

SPICEJET customer review :  4 August 2011 by Lakshya Sharma (India)

Customer Rating :  4/10

BLR-DEL. Smooth check in, friendly ground crew. We were flying their 737-900 aircraft. Poor seat pitch. I'm 5'11 and my knees kept knocking the seat in front. Agreed, Economy airlines offer bad legroom, but this was hopeless. Luckily I was the only person in my row and could get some extra room by reclining the middle seat. Food is not free, as with most budget carriers, rates are good.

SPICEJET customer review :  23 July 2011 by Siddhant Verma (India)

Customer Rating :  0/10

SpiceJet from Hyderabad-Delhi. My sister had booked a ticket for me using an international credit card but when she realised the ticket should be booked using Indian credit card if the ticket owner is not travelling, she managed to get an Indian credit card from her friend and called customer care of SpiceJet and made the payment using the Indian credit card. When I reached check-in I was told I can't board the flight because payment had been made using a credit card of someone else. They didn't listen to me, we had checked 4-5 times with the airline when making the payment that this would be okay. I was harassed by the staff and they asked me to pay the money in cash. Finally they took cash and asked me to sign a declaration and only then could I board the flight. When I reached home and called their customer care they just said, sorry it's our system's fault.

SPICEJET customer review :  28 February 2011 by Rishad Patell (India)

Customer Rating :  6/10

Pune to Delhi return. The outbound was delayed and so my 11am departure became a 3pm departure. They kept messaging us the delayed time but does not help when you have appointments you are missing. The ground staff in Pune had no empathy and we got not even a hint of an apology for the delay. Cabin crew nicer - friendly attitude and good service. Return delayed as well by one hour. Check in staff in Delhi no better. The only reason I would not recommend this airline is that every flight on both days seemed to be running late.

SPICEJET customer review :  22 February 2011 by Torsten Roehner (Germany)

Customer Rating :  10/10

Jaipur to Kochi via Mumbai. Clean aircraft, friendly crew, a bottle of water free, small offering of food an drinks to a fair price. I was surprised of the product quality. The new domestic terminal in Mumbai is clean and has quiet corners to relax.

SPICEJET customer review :  11 February 2011 by H Suda (India)

Customer Rating :  8/10

BLR-DEL-BLR because their price was very attractive. The meal price is reasonable, and meal was good. Seats okay, service fine. The return flight was delayed for an hour, however the crew was apologetic.

SPICEJET customer review :  11 February 2011 by G McArdle (India)

Customer Rating :  9/10

Delhi-Kolkata return on 737-800. The check-in at Delhi was fast and staff polite and helpful. The departure was on time and plane was spotless. Seats were allocated, there were no charges for checked luggage and a bottle of water was given to each passenger. In row 11, the seat pitch was fairly tight, but only a problem when the person in front reclined her seat. Check- in at Kolkata was OK, but travellers should be aware that you go to have all your luggage scanned before going to the check-in desks.

SPICEJET customer review :  25 July 2010 by Anish Patil   (Netherlands)

Customer Rating :  8/10

Cochin to Mumbai. I As it is a low-fare airline, you have to buy food or drinks onboard, but prices seem reasonable. The plane seemed clean. It was an uneventful flight, quite different from the glamor flying with Kingfisher. But for the money we spent it was a worth the value.

SPICEJET customer review :  3 June 2010 by G Warren   (Australia)

Customer Rating :  0/10

Delhi to Chennai. 3 hour delay due to dodgy plane. New plane had 18 fewer seats, but we still try and fit everyone on. 3 adults and 2 kids per row. Don't start the air conditioner for an hour as you sit on the tarmac in 45 degree heat. Almost mutiny, everyone standing up and waving their arms around. No food and the least leg room I've ever seen on a flight.

SPICEJET customer review :  15 March 2010 by Rishad Patell   (India)

Customer Rating :  7/10

Pune to Delhi return flight. Convenient timings with a 9am arrival in Delhi. Smooth check in and service on flight satisfactory. Return again convenient with a late evening flight arriving at 2300. Full flights both ways so aircraft crowded and the leg room in the seats are so limited that you feel crammed in for the flight. Fare similar to others but as its non stop it pips Indigo airlines on this route.

SPICEJET customer review :  2 February 2010 by J Patel   (USA)

Customer Rating :  0/10

We booked our tickets on Spicejet with a travel agent in Surat on August 2009 for travel January 2010 for Goa to Mumbai flight in the afternoon, so some of us can catch a flight back to US from Mumbai that night. As we were standing in line at Goa airport for more than an hour, they took down the Mumbai sign at the check in counter. On inquiry, the check in person told us the flight was cancelled and the fare will be refunded to the travel agent- no other assistance or help. We had to scramble to GoAir counter to get to Mumbai before we are no show at the international flight. GoAir charged us INR 45951 for 7 tickets to Mumbai. Spicejet is irresponsible in its policies and attitude. They left 200+ international passengers in limbo at a place without accomodation or any other help. In light of our experience, I would advise anyone with any plans for further travel to stay away from booking their tickets on Spicejet unless they want to jeopardize their plans and wallet!

SPICEJET customer review :  28 December 2009 by T Schroeder

4 Star Rating

Keenly priced tickets. They take a practical view of baggage allowances, which is very helpful. Overhead lockers are somewhat low and can be awkward for odd-shaped carry-on bags. FAs are very courteous. Seat pitch is unsatisfactory but for short flights this may not pose a problem.

SPICEJET customer review :  23 November 2009 by Kurt Müller

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

CJB - DEL (via HYD). Departure punctual, arrival late due to endless approach into Delhi. Whilst you get what you pay for in terms of service on this type of airline, I was surprised at the rudeness of the CC. When on the ground in HYD, one of them addressed me as if I was an inmate in a prison camp for wishing to use the toilet. However, in the air with turbulence warning and seat belt signs on, pax were walking up and down to the toilet freely.

SPICEJET customer review :  18 May 2009 : by G Abrol

4 Star Rating

Mumbai-Delhi check-in did not take very long. Seats were pre-assigned as the flight was full, 20 mins delay departing. B737-800 cabin clean. Seat pitch very tight. Food for purchase was a good selection of snacks and beverage ie. sandwiches cookies muffins, tea, coffeeetc. Cabin crew disappeared after food sale and only returned to collect the trash. Overall a good experience except for the very tight seat, the price was extremely competitive.

SPICEJET customer review :  7 November 2008 : by A Sanghvi

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

BOM-DEL and IXB-KOL. Both flights were heavily delayed. Was the worst Indian airline in terms of punctuality and service. Also, they seem to get the furthest possible bays which means taking almost an hour from the plane to the airport after landing. I would not fly with them again.

SPICEJET customer review :  30 July 2008 : by David Leston

4 Star Rating

Delhi to Srinagar via Jammu. The time of my web-booked flight had changed, but I had not been notified of this and therefore arrived at the airport far too early. Luckily there was an earlier flight and the person at the ticket counter changed my booking to this flight at no extra cost. Seats were allocated at check in, but there was no scramble anyway, as there were only 100 passengers. The 737-800 was clean and the crew were quite friendly. Overall a positive experience - but Spicejet have already started cutting routes and frequencies, so things are looking tough for the Indian locos.

SpiceJet- by A Mudgal

24 May 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

Pune to Chennai return. Flown for the first time with them and found them okay. Planes were new and clean. Both flights were on time. FAs well groomed and do a good job. Food served was not free and was more of a snack. For the fare they charge you, its a very good airline to fly with in India.

SpiceJet- by Kurt Mueller

31 March 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

DEL-CJB (via HYD). We chose this flight for its convenient timing. SpiceJet's ticket office at Delhi Airport is very hard to find (as an exception to the rule, it's located outside the temporary ticketing hall). Check-in friendly and efficient. Boarding via a bus with a ridiculously high step. Flight left on time, meaning we actually lifted off the runway at the scheduled time of 1710 (a miracle, given today's crowded Indian airports). Onboard catering limited and expensive. On the second leg (HYD-CJB), there were two incidents of altercations between cabin crew and pax, mainly over the issue of the complimentary water bottles not being provided (ostensibly because of turbulence preventing service, although the seatbelt signs were NOT on), yet the FAs were happy to serve anyone who wanted to purchase any food or beverages. These two unpleasant situations were not handled well by what came across as a particularly arrogant FA. Landed in CJB on time.

SpiceJet- by S Srinivasan

23 December 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 3 Star Rating

PNQ-HYD. I booked with a foreign credit card, which caused a bit of a delay at check-in. All boarding at Pune is done via remote stands, though it was done quite efficiently, and we actually pushed back 5 minutes early. The plane was a B737-800, and it was clean and well-maintained. The FAs were efficient and friendly. There's no IFE at all, but since the flight time was only 1 hour, it wasn't a big deal. Main complaint was the seat pitch, which seemed a bit tight, though it was manageable for a 1 hour flight. Being an LCC, you had to pay for everything on board except for water, but the prices are reasonable - 20 rupees (about 50 cents) for juice, and 60 rupees (about $1.50) for a sandwich. You also have to pay to pre-reserve a seat online, but again, the cost is negligible at 50 rupees (about $1.25). If you are booking online, also beware that you will be offered trip insurance after you select your flights, and the default is set to yes, so pay attention before finalizing your purchase. The flight arrived at HYD about 5 minutes early, and although my bag was the last on the carousel, it only took about 10 minutes to appear. Overall, a good value for the price I paid, at about $52 for an advance purchase one-way ticket.

SpiceJet- by Brijesh Singha

5 October 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

AMD-HYD return, quite happy with the product. New B737-800. Were offered soft drinks & peanuts on a 1 hr 15 min. flight. FAs attentive and efficient. On-time performance both ways. Can't really fault the offering. I'd rate it as above average LCC experience.

SpiceJet- by Teemu Hentunen

17 May 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

DEL-BOM-DEL. A good and cheap budget carrier. New, spotless aircraft, friendly service and flights were in time. I have no complaints at all except the horrible Delhi airport, but that is not the fault of Spicejet. Everything about Spicejet reminded me of Easyjet if compared to an European low-cost airline.