easyJet  Speedy Boarding Passenger reviews

easyJet Speedy Boarding Reviews

easyJet Passenger seat tips

easyJet Passenger Trip reviews

easyJet Aircraft Seat Plans

easyJet Speedy Boarding customer review :  10 October 2013 by N Metaxas (UK)

Used Speedy Boarding for 14 months prior to allocated seating with a Plus Pass. 38 trips to Heraklion and Athens, 37 times I got seat 1c and 36 times I banged my head on the overhead locker getting up to the toilet. Worth the extra? Unquestionably, including the odd Fast Pass through Athens security because I had Speedy Boarding. Pay the money folks, it's worth it.

easyJet Speedy Boarding customer review :  5 June 2013 by Elizabeth Buckley (UK)

Paid for speedy boarding, it was a complete farce coming back from Sofia. No speeding boarding queue there, got on the mini bus and ended up virtually the last batch of people onboard.

easyJet Speedy Boarding customer review :  23 January 2013 by G Hill (UK)

Paid for speedy boarding, let us on to bus first then everyone else got on. Complete farce - we were one of the last ones on to the plane. I do not know how they can legally get away with it.

easyJet Speedy Boarding customer review :  9 October 2012 by B Voogd (Netherlands)

I frequently fly from Amsterdam to Belfast and Speedy Boarding is great, special check in desk and first on board. Both airports cater well for SB. Lately I flew to Prague, Manchester and Lisbon.

easyJet Speedy Boarding customer review :  9 October 2012 by Elizabeth Buckley (UK)

Manchester to Sofia and Sofia Manchester was excellent and couldn't fault it. My only query, will there still be speedy boarding now we have choice of bookable seats - does that mean we have to queue? I found speedy boarding absolutely excellent and has significantly improved over the last few years.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 30 August 2012   by C Evans

Customer Rating : 5/5

Maybe easyjet have listened to previous customer complaints

We booked speedy boarding from Liverpool Airport to Mahon. We were slightly dubious about it after reading bad reports about how it was a money making exercise that didn't work, but thought as we were travelling as 2 adults and 3 children in August, we'd give it a shot. Our experience was excellent. We checked in immediately via a separate desk, stood in a different queue to everyone else to get on the bus to board the plane, we were advised to stand at the front of the bus as the front doors open first, were amongst the first to get on the aeroplane and chose exactly where we wanted to sit. It was exactly the same procedure coming back from Mahon. It's the first time we've travelled with easyjet and were impressed especially as we were travelling at the height of the summer. We would have no hesitations in booking with them again, along with speedy boarding. Maybe easyjet have listened to previous customer complaints and have now got their act together!

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 30 August 2012   by Nick Heisenberg

Customer Rating : 2/5

Speedy Boarding' is a farce and a rip off

'Speedy Boarding' is a farce and a rip off. It's pot luck as to whether the airport you are flying to/from actually cares at all about Speedy boarders. I have got on the plane quicker by just standing in the speedy boarding queue when I don't have a speedy boarding ticket, I too have paid for it and been stuck on a bus whilst everyone else gets off first as all bus doors are opened. Are there any controls on how many people have SB? Let's be honest, they could potentially accept 150 people on Speedy boarding! They charge extra for a service so they should provide a decent service for the cost. Get SB passengers to the plane first, before any of the others have even left the terminal, that way you get some value for money. As it stands it's a joke. I now make sure I get to the gate about an hour before take off and just go and stand/sit in the non-SB queue, that way I know I'm about 10 feet behind those paying extra!

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 14 August 2012   by P Donnachie

Customer Rating : 4/5

Definitely worth the extra money

We used speedy boarding when we flew from Glasgow to Berlin Schoenefeld. An announcement was made first for speedy board tickets, then standard tickets. Two queues were formed but 75 percent of the passengers were in the other queue. We were allowed first to the gate and first to board the plane. Definitely worth the extra money as we had the same service in Berlin.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 16 July 2012   by D Lyon

Ended up less than 10 passengers from the back of the boarding queue

I purchased speedy boarding for 3 (round trip) to Spain and at Liverpool airport, no announcement was given for SB and therefore ended up less than 10 passengers from the back of the boarding queue! I was completely annoyed at this as the service is not managed whatsoever. If your paying for a service then they should adhere to said service and not just take your money and run! Having said that we actually got 3 seats together as I didn't want us to be split up especially as my daughter was only 6! The plane was virtually full and I just thought to myself that it was a complete waste of money! I did however get on the plane first on our inbound flight although no announcement was given for SB. Just luck I guess!! I was considering buying it this time but have decided not to!

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 28 June 2012   by S Jones

There were only around 15 passenger who didn't book Speedy Boarding

I was flying out of Brussels and booked Speedy Boarding. Well 90 percent of the plane also booked Speedy boarding! So what's the advantage in this case. There were only around 15 passenger who didn't book Speedy Boarding. When I asked the attendant at the airport, their response was "Well that's EasyJet".

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 2 August 2011   by A Mackrill

Customer Rating : 4/5

SB is worth it but you need to know how the system works

First time EasyJet with Speedy Boarding. Out of Gatwick to Malta the bonus part was really Speedy Boarding Plus which came with a separate fast baggage check in area. On a busy early morning that was a bonus. At the gate you need to know the system. It was a bus to the aircraft and when you get on the bus go to the front. Once the SB people are on board the rest of the bus is crammed with everyone else. At the aircraft the front door opens and then in theory SB people are first up the steps, but no one is there to really police that and I could see it getting dangerous if people start to push from behind. Coming back out of Malta at check in the local ground staff ripped up my pre-printed EasyJet boarding pass SB letters on it and gave me one of their own. At the gate when people got in the SB queue they like me had to pull out booking confirmations to prove they had bought the SB product. That just caused more angst, but a lesson learned - print both the confirmation and boarding passes for your flights with EasyJet if you book SB. Overall, I'd say SB is worth it but you need to know how the system works – much of it is timing and being aware of what is happening around you. But while attractive if you can afford it and it would add up for a family, SB is a plain and simple money grabber and open to abuse as the other reviews point out. Really in this day and age an airline like Easy Jet should have advance seat selection.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 3 July 2011   by Graeme Harris

Customer Rating : 3/5

it was important that we took the initiative to move

We paid for Speedy Boarding at Pisa, for a flight to Berlin Schoenfeld. At checkin, it was not noted on our boarding pass but this was fixed when we returned and mentioned it. When we saw others moving to the head of the queue, we did likewise and were given priority in boarding. Thus, the system worked as intended but as there was no announcement in English (not sure if there was one in Italian), it was important that we took the initiative to move to the gate at the right moment.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 22 November 2010   by Rich Mazurek

Customer Rating : 5/5

Speedy boarding was worth it

Gatwick-Copenagen-Geneva-Amsterdam then Gatwick next day. Speedy boarding was worth it. At Geneva there was a bus, however I would still rather be guaranteed to be first 40-50 on than the next 2 busses.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 22 September 2010   by J Shannon

Never again will I pay for Speedy Boarding

We booked speedy boarding flying from Manchester/Tenerife which was fine going out. On our return flight we boarded the plane after a couple of people in wheel chairs had boarded. On the first row of seats the man in the chair was sitting in the middle seat and the woman who had got on with him was sitting on the other side of the aisle again in the middle seat. We went to sit there as we had paid and the woman said she needed them as they had children travelling with them. We turned and asked the flight attendant about it and she asked the woman "would the children be long boarding" of course she said no, so we told to find another seat!! I mentioned it to another attendant and he said it happens all the time and seemed to find it amusing for some reason, and said there was noting they could do about it!!! Getting off the plane we saw the disabled man, his wife and about 4 more of their party including the "children" which were at least 16 or 17. Never again will I pay for Speedy Boarding, and the flight crew wont help you at all, they just didn't want to know.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 6 September 2010   by I Malcolm

Customer Rating : 4/5

works at airports where you are not bussed to the aircraft

Speedy Boarding works at airports where you are not bussed out to the aircraft and I have always found checking in quick and easy compared to joining huge queues, so I do recommend it to friends. My main gripe with it is dishonest, selfish travellers who abuse the system. My main complaint is group of 2/3 people, only one purchases speedy boarding, when her/she gets on the plane they grab the front seats and place bags on inner seats and sit on the aisle, then their friends sail on at the end to sit together. The other is a family of four, one parent sits behind with the two kids and the other parent sits in front again with bag on seat, once doors close, first parent moves round to sit with other parent so party of four have the comfort of six seats while other passengers travelling together have to sit separately. Another one, sorry but I have a bee in my bonnet over this one, is the family who do not buy speedy boarding but ask staff to sort things out for them as they must sit beside their kids, my teenage sons have been asked to move to make way for family like this and are too well mannered to refuse so despite having paid to sit together they are bullied (and by being approached and singled out it is bullying, they would be looked on as bad mannered louts if they refused) by the stewardess into moving for people who will not pay SB but want the benefits.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 3 July 2010   by T Mynatt

Speedy Boarding actually worked well

Venice Marco Polo. Speedy Boarding actually worked well. They boarded us onto the bus at the very front and roped off the rest of the people into the back. Of course there were a few people from the back that just went under the rope onto our side - the only thing that stops you is your conscious and obviously not everyone has one of those. The bus took us to our plane and actually let the Speedy Boarders off first in order to get to the plane first. Other than the 2 or 3 passengers that crawled under the rope without paying everything worked just like it was supposed to.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 30 May 2010   by Nigel Stacey

this is a total sham

We paid for speedy boarding from Budapest to Gatwick for flight EZY5444 there was about 15 paid for speedy boarding, then they let the people who had not paid for it on the same coach, what a rip off this turned out to be, we were all near the back of the bus then they only open the front doors which meant the speedy boarders were the last off of the bus and the 40 or so others boarded the plane first. I would rather pay a dearer airline for a flight and pick my seat than pay for this so called service again which is a total sham.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 14 May 2010   by J Preston

Customer Rating : 2/5

a complete waste of money

Because my wife has problems in standing for any length of time, I used speedy boarding on our last return flight - ie. two trips using this system. Our eldest daughter warned that it was a complete waste of money and so it proved to be. As we are in our twilight years, it is also vital that we are not separated and are close to an on-board toilet - hence my trial with speedy boarding. Unfortunately, our daughter was correct. On the plus-side, we did not have to stand for a long time to get through the gate at Liverpool BUT as we got onto the tarmac there was a stamped behind us as those without speedy boarding were released far to early for any of us to get anywhere near the aircraft and we did not get our desired seats. A refinement of the system was at Paphos airport where we were bussed to the aircraft. We got on the bus first but then the non-SD passengers were allowed on the same bus and went into the standing area from where they were first to alight and got the choice of seats which we should have had. Speedy boarding is purely a marketing ploy by Easyjet with no concern about delivery of what you have paid for. Not a happy bunny as you may imagine.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 13 May 2010   by Charlie Dobson

Customer Rating : 1/5

mislead on the sale of this card

On a recent easyJet Malaga to Bristol flight one of the attendants made a loudspeaker announcement extolling the benefits of an easyJet Plus card. The attendant cited a Speedy Boarding cost saving example based on 2 people purchasing Speedy Boarding options at 8 each. On the example he cited a Speedy Boarding round trip cost of 32 for the 2 persons, and went on to say that 3 round trips would virtually pay for the special in-flight price of 99 for the easyJet Plus card. As my wife and I travel to Bristol – Malaga – Malaga – Bristol more than 3 times a year I made the in-flight purchase. I subsequently received the easyJet Plus card in the post to discover the benefit of the Speedy boarding deal applied only to one person – no partner included. This was absolutely at odds with the sales pitch loudspeaker announcement by the attendant on the flight. Both my wife and I felt were mislead on the sale of this card and if anyone else has experienced a similar ‘sleight of mouth sale’ by easyJet cabin staff I would be most interested to hear from them as I am getting nowhere with easyJet in my attempts to cancel the card and obtain a refund.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 2 May 2010   by Robert Heard

I find Speedy Boarding to be a waste of money

In general I find Speedy Boarding to be a waste of money for all the reasons described in these reviews. easyjet do now refer to SB as being 'among the first through the departure gate' which is pretty hopeless. They blame bus issues on the airport. However, sometimes complaints do work. I had a trip from Madrid to LGW where the ground crew priority boarded a positioning crew from another airline ahead of SB pax and they took all the emergency exit row seats in the middle of the plane. The easyjet crew were disinterested and I complained. The easyjet customer service responses were an absolute disgrace but through another source I discovered the e-mail of the Chief Exec. The e-mails don't go to him personally but to his Executive Staff who possess a modicum of sense. I got my money back!

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 30 April 2010   by Max Davidson

Customer Rating : 1/5

one of the biggest rip-offs in the airline industry

LGW-LPA. This is one of the biggest rip-offs in the airline industry and nothing more than a money grab on the part of easyJet. It is a joke and I will never again fly with this excuse for an airline.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 9 April 2010   by C Goldsmith

I was behind around 50 people by the time I got on the plane

We paid for speedy boarding Gatwick to Munich return over Easter. On the positive side, the Easyjet queue for check-in had around 200 people whereas there was no queue for speedy boarders. What a result! Then we got on the bus first, stood the wrong side of the bus and the driver opened all of the doors together. I was behind around 50 people by the time I got on the plane! I complained to the chief flight attendant and she said to send an email and claim the money back. She would also put a report in as the bus driver was supposed to open the front doors only.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 7 April 2010   by D Pross

Customer Rating : 1/5

charging for a service which they don't even attempt to deliver

My wife and I have paid for Speedy Boarding on 2 recent trips. Of the 4 journey legs involved, we only benefited from it once - and then only by ignoring the queue and just moving straight to the front (having sought the advice of check-in staff) - earning us more than a few glares from other passengers. Every other time, the staff have simply failed to manage or even attempt to manage the queuing system. On each occasion I have (politely) raised my concerns with check-in staff - who simply say that I need to contact customer services. On the most recent trip, the staff diligently announced priority boarding for SB customers - then allowed everybody to board before separating the groups. If it were just about the money, or the cynical charging for a service which they don't even attempt to deliver, it would be bad enough - but my wife's previous health problems just make flying almost unbearably stressful. For what it's worth, the only flights I have taken recently on which the service was acceptable were on Virgin Upper Class and Premium Class - and on BA Business Class.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 19 January 2010   by Shirley Wild

Customer Rating : 1/5

we will really think twice before we use Easy Jet again

We have used Easy Jet for short haul flights and usually add SB to stand a chance of getting a reasonable seat together. Last year from Gatwick to Austria we were bused out to the plane and told to stay up the front. On arrival at the plane the back doors were opened leaving all SB stuck at the front. Coming back from Austria all SB were taken out separately - as it should be. In the past we have been pushed, shoved and 'overtaken' many times and find we end up running ourselves (both young pensioners !) to get there first - totally degrading. Pricing for all 'extras' are increasing and we will really think twice before we use Easy Jet again.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 17 January 2010   by Paul Van Alsten

Customer Rating : 1/5

total rip-off when busses are used

GVA-ORY. Speedy Boarders are indeed the first to get on the bus; the gate agent even told me to stay at the front as getting off the bus would be via the front door only. Unfortunately a huge screen on the bus informed all passengers that everybody would leave via the front door, so that everyone congregated there! A total rip-off when busses are used!

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 14 January 2010   by S Prentice

Customer Rating : 2/5

should be a separate seating area for speedy boarding passengers

There should be a separate seating area for speedy boarding passengers at the boarding gate. It has always been a fight to get to the front as it is usually a rugby scrum as passengers who haven't paid for this service crowd the person checking the boarding passes, and totally ignore any announcements that speedy boarders go first.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 13 January 2010   by I Sexton

Customer Rating : 5/5

only issue is that more people are doing this now

I use Easyjet twice a month from Toulouse to Gatwick/Bristol, but always fly back from Gatwick. I have an Easyjet+ card because it's cheaper for regular travellers. Never had a problem. Only issue is that more people are doing this now, so there can be 10-15 people in front of you.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 9 January 2010   by N Finan

Customer Rating : 2/5

get the seat you want for no extra cost

You are called before everyone else but its still a free for all stampede regardless of paying the extra of speedy boarding. In my opinion as a frequent traveller with Easyjet, just get a place close to the front of the normal queue and board like that. You still get the seat you want for no extra cost.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 28 December 2009  by Tim Powell

Customer Rating : 4/5

this is a worthwhile option

I have an EasyJet Plus card, which for the cost of around 100GBP for a year, divided by the 10 to 15 round trips I do with this airline annually is good value for money. During the holiday seasons there can be huge queues for check in at any airport which you will avoid while checking in a bag and normally, you will be among the first 10 to 20 people to board the aircraft and able to pick your seats. As has been noted previously, this can be a hit and miss when buses are provided to the aircraft and Bristol airport would go down on my blacklist of airports where Easyjet dont always do a good job. However, with the priority check in my experience has been that for frequent travelers, this is a worthwhile option that will save you a considerable amount of stress versus the cost of the card.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 24 December 2009  by M Preston

Customer Rating : 2/5

should be better controlled or they should drop it

I arrived at Liverpool Airport at 0530 for a 0710 flight, and had paid for Speedyboarding plus. There was only one counter open and a long queue, by contrast the baggage drop counters were not busy but the staff were refusing to handle Speedyboarding passengers. I cannot blame the staff for following instructions but easyJet management need to review this and introduce a policy which better serves customers. The SB pax were first onto the bus and should have been first off, but there was a huge scramble to get off, very unfair on older and frail people, and this is another procedure that needs to be looked at. If easyJet offer this service, it should be better controlled, otherwise they should drop it.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 7 December 2009  by Michael Robinson

Worked well both ends

Used Speedy Boarding Luton to Sharm El Sheikh and back. Worked well both ends. At Sharm a separate bus was used to speed the speedy boarders to the aircraft. We arrived a good 5 minutes before the rest. Only about 8 speedy boarders and the same number of special needs on the bus.

1 2