easyJet  Speedy Boarding Passenger reviews

easyJet Passenger Trip reviews

easyJet Aircraft Seat Plans

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 9 November 2009  by J Murien

Customer Rating : 1/5

This is a complete rip-off!

This is a complete rip-off! Never again will I pay for this service which was never provided for us. We paid an extra 53 to be able to be the first on the plane as we were travelling with a child, and did not want to risk not sitting together. We expected priority in the bus to the plane and also the first to go in. From Gatwick Airport we were called first in the bus, but straight after everybody else was called in, and we were literally squeezed to one side - not having the chance to be able to get off the bus first and go in the plane before anybody else did. You'd think that you would have priority when you paid this extra, but the fact is, they are stealing your money and not providing this service.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 30 October 2009  by Diane Lazenby

I wish I had seen this site before I booked this (dis)service

Like several previous victims, the Bristol bus driver pushed all the SB's to the back door then opened the front door on arrival at the 'plane. Complaints were met with a resigned "sorry" from the driver. I wish I had seen this site before I booked this (dis)service. I can see from previous correspondents it will be a useless and frustrating waste of my time to get a refund. At the Rome end a separate bus was provided for SB's - this worked well. I shan't book SB again - in fact I'd like not to use Easyjet (or Ryanair) but if Bristol is your nearest airport one has little choice.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 15 October 2009  by A Waterhouse

a rip-off

Paid for speedy boarding at Bristol and was loaded onto a bus along with everyone else. Rip- off.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 11 October 2009  by Alan Mackenzie

Customer Rating : 5/5

service is worth the money

CPH/STN/CPH. I bought SpeedyBoarder out, and SpeedyBoarder Plus back. This addition of SB & SB+ was made separately, as an afterthought. I think as a result when I checked in at CPH, the boarding card was marked 'B'; the-last-to-board group. I only noticed this error at the gate. However, on explaining the error I was upgraded to SB. So it is wise to check your boarding card at check-in. On the return journey a dedicated check-in desk at Stansted for SB+ was so speedy; only one passenger ahead of me, and I checked in slighty before the 2 hour rule. First on the plane, this service is worth the money.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 11 October 2009  by Andrej Wisniewski

Customer Rating : 5/5

pay for it if you are departing from Madrid

MAD-RAK. I would definitely pay for it if you are departing from Madrid. At the gate they announced boarding and help up signs for two queues - one for SB and one for the rest. SB went first and we were the first ones on the plane.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 21 September 2009  by M Williams

the 20 was wasted money and would not pay again

I purchased speedy boarding for the first time for a trip from Sofia to Gatwick to ensure my wife and I sat together, no announcement was made so we had to queue with everyone else at it happened we did manage to get a seat together but I feel the 20 was wasted money and would not pay again. On that note it is almost impossible to contact EasyJet for an explanation and having used them many times I would now try my best to find an alternate airline.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 17 September 2009  by David Griffiths

Customer Rating : 4/5

worth the money,  provided buses aren't used

Straight up to the dedicated check-in desk at EDI, checked in, bags dropped and on our way to security less than four minutes after walking into the terminal. Boarding priority enforced and got the seats we wanted. We've used Speedy Boarding with success at GLA and SXF where there is even a separate seating area for speedy boarders. It's worth the money provided buses aren't used. We didn't come back directly from MUC on this trip but I know buses are used there so we might not have had such a good experience if we had done so.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 14 September 2009  by Denise Tester

Customer Rating : 2/5

ill managed and daylight robbery

Luton to Barcelona and back with Speedy boarding. Going out, speedy boarding worked perfectly. My husband has great difficulty walking, hence the speedy boarding option. Myself and two other passengers got the seats we wanted fine! Coming back it was bedlam. We made sure we got to the departure lounge in plenty of time and easily got in the SB queue with about six others. Then they changed the gate number, All hell broke loose, people at the front of the queue rushed past us to overtake the people who had been at the back nearly knocking us over. We got to the new gate, no seperate queues, had to ask about the speedy boarding, was told we would be called first. They did call us first, to get on a bus! Telling us to stay on the right side of the bus. This was impossible as more and more people were herded onto the bus pushing us further down and over to the left side. When the bus stopped at the plane the doors opened and everyone rushed for the stairs, leaving me and my husband behind. I did manage to push past people and get two seats together, but this sort of behaviour is totally alien to me. The most annoying thing was, they had three bus loads to get the passengers on. The first two were full and the last carried one person. Why couldn't they have bussed out the speedy boarders first? I believe the service to be totally ill managed and daylight robbery. Its a shame because I the think more people would use it if it was fair and managed properly, I definitely wont as it stands at the moment.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 1 September 2009  by J Bridge

Well worth the money

Well worth the money. Arrived at London Gatwick at 04:10 and used the speedy boarding plus desk, bypassing a huge line of people. Got onto the aircraft fast and managed to get Row 3. I would pay for this again.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 11 August 2009  by V Morris

Customer Rating : 1/5

This practice is totally fraudulent and unacceptable!

Couldn't agree more with other travelers. Speedy Boarding was total 'rip off.' We purchased it for our family of 4 from Venice Marco Polo to East Midlands at a cost of 24. Despite giving Check in girl the paperwork, she didn't take any notice of it and so gave us tickets like others. After passing through to departure lounge we queued with everyone else until it was announced that boarding would be according to groups called. When 'Speedy Boarding' was announced we made our way to the front but were turned back by the ground stewardess who was most rude and not at all interested even when I asked her to explain what we had paid for. The attitude of the staff was disgraceful. We were loaded onto buses but these were randomly filled and the last bus to be filled went out first so even those with 'Speedy Boarding Plus' were not first to the plane to choose their seats. Luckily the passengers were tolerant and accepted the situation. This practice is totally fraudulent and unacceptable!

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 10 August 2009  by S Neary

a total rip off!

Total rip off. Paid for Speedy Boarding for my family of 4 flying from Paris to Luton, but no speedy boarding lane was available on boarding the aircraft and we were therefore unable to sit together. Have since contacted Easyjet to ask for a refund of the speedy boarding fee; they have refused, saying it is not their policy to refund money. They referred me to their terms and conditions but nowhere in there does it say that they are entitled to charge me for a service they do not subsequently provide. I queried this and am now being ignored by their customer service dept. Have neither the time nor inclination to take them to court, so I guess they've won.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 31 July 2009  by S Kelly

Customer Rating : 1/5

This paying for speedy boarding is ridiculous!

Awful! I purchased speedy boarding for a flight form Amsterdam Schipol to Geneva. I was told at check-in that there would be separate lines at the gate for the different boarding categories. I went to the gate immediately after it was posted and there were not any separations! It was a mix of everyone. I squeezed passed people (hey, I paid to get on early!) and got on the plane and got the exit row seat I wanted but only because I pushed through. This paying for speedy boarding is ridiculous! I wonder if they can be sued for false advertising?

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 18 June 2009  by L Read

Customer Rating : 1/5

a complete rip-off and waste of money at Bristol

Total agreement with E Jones comments (13 June). We paid for 4 people on speedy boarding service, and were squeezed into corner of a bus and near the end to get onto the plane! This is Easyjet total rip-off and a waste of your hard earned money at Bristol .

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 18 June 2009  by Ian Lawson

Customer Rating : 1/5

removing a couple of rows of seats and giving everyone decent leg room

It seems to me that most of the problems described come from people desperately wanting the extra legroom seats. Surely this could all be solved by Easyjet charging everyone an extra 5 and then removing a couple of rows of seats and giving everyone decent leg room. (Or is that too obvious?)

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 17 June 2009  by C Welsh

never, never pay for this at Bristol Airport

Used Speedy Boarding STN-BFS-STN and worked great both ways. Only problem when we landed at STN, the front door was opened then promptly closed, no explanation given although it was obvious to those of us at the front there was a problem with the stairway. Everyone then had to use the rear exit to leave the aircraft.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 13 June 2009  by E Jones

never, never pay for this at Bristol Airport

Travelled with easyjet three times from Bristol in past 6 months. Each time paid for Speedy Boarding - each time bussed out to aircraft. Staff at boarding gate are (to put it politely) dumb and disinterested. End result on each of these departures where there approx 6 other speedy boarders was that we were about middle of the plane to board. Easyjet think they can get away with this fraudulent failure to provide any paid-for service by placing a small rider comment on the page where you book (you might not always be first onto plane etc. It's a scam and what's worse is that easyJet know it - and make no effort (or their lazy handling staff at bristol) to change it.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 9 June 2009: by Mark Farrelly

Customer Rating : 1/5

my advice is don't pay for this service

Liverpool to Barcelona was well organised and boarding went as I would expect. Barcelona to Liverpool a complete joke and we were bussed out to the aircraft. I emailed to complain and got what was a standard reply to my complaint - as none of my questions were answered. My advice is don't pay for this service congregate round the departure gate, refuse to move and you will get on first, as it seems to work as well.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 8 June 2009: by Nick Francis

Customer Rating : 4/5

can be hit and miss but always worked for me so far

LGW-TLS-LGW Used easyJet Plus which includes speedy boarding and express check in which is a god-send at Gatwick where the normal queues are horrendous. Boarded first, got a great seat and same on the way back. I think for any flight where you're bussed to the aircraft it can be a bit hit and miss, but always worked for me so far!

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 2 June 2009: by P Davis

Customer Rating : 4/5

I got the exit row seats I wanted

I have used speedy boarding several times and have found it great each time. On our return from Rome they used buses to board us, and speedy boarders and special assistance passengers all boarded onto a bus and taken out to the plane first, I got the exit row seats I wanted.

EASYJET SPEEDY BOARDING CUSTOMER REVIEW  - 13 May 2009: by W Hughes

Very Poor

once on the bus it's every man for themselves

I fly regularly to Faro, Portugal. The latest was on the 26 April returning on the 5 May to and from Luton. I think easyJet should take a hard look at "speedy boarding " procedures. It seems incredible that we paid for two people both ways and yet passengers who had not carried SB boarding cards can board before we did - by merely blocking the bus exit with their hand luggage and having the pick of the seats. You are invited to board the bus first but that's your lot. Once on the bus it's every man for themselves. If you are asking SB passengers to board the bus first then there should be some barrier to allow them to exit first.

1 2