Spanair Customer Reviews and Spanair Passenger Trip Reports

1 2

SPANAIR customer review :  18 April 2011 by I Bloch   (Germany)

MAD-FRA with Spanair. Checkin in MAD was fine. Crew very unfriendly. I was walking with crutches and asked if they could help me store them, but the crew would not offer any help. Seating in Economy was horrible. Absolutely no legroom, felt cramped, in addition seats were very old. Definitely the worst Star Alliance Airline I have flown with. I can only agree with the reviewers that I don't understand how Spanair could be a member of Star Aliance offering such sub par service! Will avoid them at all cost when flying the next time to Spain.

SPANAIR customer review :  4 April 2011 by Patrick Chaieb   (Switzerland)

I flew Spanair for the first but for the last time! I'm Miles and More Gold Member and had to take this flight from Venice to Barcelona. Cabin Crew did not care about passenger. Even during Boarding they didn't welcome us passengers but checking Paperwork. They were very unfriendly. Seats were very small. I don't understand, how this Airline could get a member of Star Alliance.

SPANAIR customer review :  27 March 2011 by Paul Porter   (Canada)

They are fine in the air. My problem with them has to do more with the company they handle to do the check-in in Madrid which are rude an unpleasant, and treat you as if they are doing you a favour.

SPANAIR customer review :  23 March 2011 by J Jaaski   (Spain)

Had the displeasure of flying with Spanair on numerous occasions on European routes due to their code sharing with Lufthansa. How can a quality airline like LH sell this kind of sub par products under their own brand name, on their own website? Spanair consistently been late, seats small, crew does not care about service and check in is usually a nightmare since none of the employees speak decent English. I had to fight my way on to an SAS flight from Barajas when Spanair for no reason cancelled their flight to Frankfurt. First they were unwilling to book me on another flight or pay for my hotel had I stayed overnight in Madrid - they finally agreed to book me on an SAS flight. Also be aware that JK coded flights on the Lufthansa website are operated by Spanair.

SPANAIR customer review :  22 March 2011 by James Macpherson   (USA)

I booked NCE-BCN on Spanair. A week after I booked, I got an email to tell me the flight had been cancelled, and I had been automatically rebooked on a flight 3 days later. Not later that day, or the next day - 3 days later! When I called to ask for a flight closer to the cancelled flight, the rep. told me that was not possible, and my only option was a refund. I asked to speak to a supervisor, instead she hung up on me. Because a week had passed since I booked the Spanair flight, all the other flights had gone up in price. What is more, Spanair told me it would take around thee weeks for my refund to be processed. An awful airline, with abysmal customer service.

SPANAIR customer review :  15 March 2011 by Jorma Uimonen   (Finland)

BCN-AGP-MAD. Avoid information of delays will become more expensive for Spanair than to give it. On the way back they managed to lose our luggage, they had a bit more than 2 hours to handle it forward.

SPANAIR customer review :  11 February 2011 by Glenn Standish   (Poland)

BCN-TFN-BCN outbound was on A321 and inbound an A320. Both flights were packed and very crowded. The seating on the A320 was incredibly cramped and my legs were buckled against the seat in front of me. The crew were generally unfriendly and spoke poor English. The flight time on each flight was around 3hrs and we were amazed that we had to pay for food and drinks (at premium prices). We were not even offered complimentary water. Spanair is a scheduled airline and a member of Star Alliance - and yet it offers a service which is typical of a low- cost carrier. The return flight was delayed for an hour and a half. There were no announcements or apologies from ground staff at the airport and the passengers were just kept waiting. Even onboard we were not given any apology until 40 mins into the flight and only then it was a brief explanation by the captain. The cabin crew didn't seem to care that we were delayed. Spanair is a disgrace of a scheduled airline and gives Star Alliance a bad name!

SPANAIR customer review :  6 February 2011 by M Frey   (Switzerland)

Spanair probably has the worst customer service within Star Alliance. You can only mail them (calls are redirected to mails). And then you get a form letter not answering your complaint ending with "please do not answer to this email!" There service is equal to a no frill airline like easyjet but there prices are more than double. I really can't recommend this airline so take care if you are on a codeshare with an other Star Alliance member!

SPANAIR customer review :  7 December 2010 by Andrija Matic   (Croatia)

Zagreb to Barcelona. Check in quick and departure on time. A320 cabin interior nice and pleasant. Legroom tighter than most low cost airlines I have travelled with. All food and beverage onboard is to be paid. Crew pleasant and smiling and speaks useless English. Almost impossible to understand safety instructions. There is no any difference between Spanair and typical low cost airline in terms of service and comfort. However, Spanair is Star Alliance Member and I earned miles on my Miles & More account. Will use again if the rate will be low but overall experience average and 'nothing to write home about'.

SPANAIR customer review :  21 November 2010 by Rika Marlia   (Indonesia)

Frankfurt to Madrid vice versa. FRA-MAD I found my luggage broken when I claimed my luggage. Madrid to Frankfurt the flight was delayed for 6 hours without reason - we have to catch another flight to Dubai from Frankfurt. We missed our next flight to Dubai so we had to reschedule our flight and stay a night in Frankfurt. I really don't recommend this airline to anyone.

SPANAIR customer review :  3 November 2010 by Anthony Gibbons   (New Zealand)

BCN to Palma de Mallorca, only a 50 minute flight. That said check-in at BCN a breeze (great airport) but boarding pass did advise an incorrect gate number that I realised was incorrect just in time. Sala VIP lounge location a closely guarded state secret it would appear (its upstairs to the right just after security - very stylish, friendly staff and good breakfast spread). Plane clean, staff smiling and attentive although not much to do for a short flight. Would need to try them for a longer flight to get a real flavour for their service but I thought them pretty good in comparison to Iberia (return experience to London via Madrid). Like night and day, the difference between IB and JK.

SPANAIR customer review :  30 October 2010 by J Meyer   (Germany)

Munich-Barcelona return. Boeing 717 to BCN, lousy seats. Although I'm of medium size, this is a no-go. Unfriendly flight attendants. One hour delay. On return to Munich, Spanair failed to print boarding cards for our connecting flights - only 2 of 4 boarding cards available in MUC, took some pressure and luck to get two add in MUC. Old MD plane, once again unfriendly flight attendants. No free drinks on both flights. Booked Lufthansa and got Spanair as their Star Alliance partner. We will never book Spanair again!

SPANAIR customer review :  21 October 2010 by R Handelman   (New Zealand)

BCN-VCE (Boeing 717). A very nice flight was Spanair, the only negative being the very poor seat pitch but the seat was very comfy and the flight wasn't very long. Crew were Friendly and the prices of the food offerings were reasonable. Self check-in at Barcelona also worked very well . Just one thing, on Boeing 717's it's best to sit as far forward as possible if you don't want the engine noise ringing in your ears for the whole flight (though I personally don't mind it).

1 2

| Home | Airline Reviews | Legal Notice | Advertise | Surveys | Site Search | Editorial Policy | Site Map | Contact Us | Testimonials | Links |