Brussels Airlines Customer Reviews and Brussels Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by P Berkers   (Belgium)

Brussels-Lisbon, 9 Nov 2014 and back 12 Nov. The plane was an A320 both ways. Departed with a delay of 10 minutes in Brussels and arrived 10 minutes early at Lisbon Airport. Plane was not full that Sunday morning (departure was 11.20). Entertainment was the flight info and some cartoons played at the general screens. FA's were very professional and friendly. For Light&Relax food and drinks were for purchase. Luggage arrived in Lisbon 30 minutes after landing. The return flight to Brussels (departure 13u45) was completely full. This time no entertainment for the 2h25 flight. Departed and landed on time. FA's this time were also very friendly and professional. One of the FA's on the flight to Lisbon recognized us and asked how was our trip to Lisbon. Arrival in Brussels was at the B- terminal (non Schengen) and we must go by bus to the Schengen terminal. Before arrival the crew announced the connecting gates for passengers in transit. Luggage was already at the belt when we arrived at the Luggage claim area.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by D Hamblin   (UK)

Brussels have downgraded their intercontinental economy passengers so they don't even qualify for a snack on the connecting flights to Brussels. The flight attendants have no idea about the small print that says if you show a boarding card for the intercontinental leg you get a complimentary drink. A complete shambles Brussels, reinstate the flex&fast rate for intercontinental passengers. Obviously a decision made by bureaucrats in Brussels who never use the connecting flights.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by P Gerd   (Germany)

Had to fly from HAM to BHX with Brussels Airlines due to no other flight available on short notice on a Sunday. Booked the last economy seat on the flight for whopping 560 Euros. Personal space was poor and the aircraft seemed configured for the maximum seat count. Flight was 1-stop with a stop at their depressingly dull and chaotic Brussels, where I had to wait 3 hours for their delayed connection to BHX. The plane turned out to be a Dash-8 Q400 turboprop. Other airlines inform you about the plane in use, Brussels Airlines does not and I wouldn't have booked an insanely expensive but poor quality flight if I had known what kind of airline this is. I will certainly never fly Brussels Airlines again.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by E Simeone   (Belgium)

BRU-GVA-BRU, C Class. Quick check-in, fast lane for security and new lounge looks good but still over crowded. Boarding fast and although quite a full c cabin, service was done by very experienced service. Return good check in and fast track for security plus rather good Senator Lounge in GVA. Once on board hoping to get same great experience but wrong was I only 1 row of C class and with 3 pax. Service was appalling and uneventful. Quick flight. Ambiguous feelings with SN, is like a lottery ticket, never know if you will win but always hoping for it! Not a continuous good service, a real shame.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Liasides Paul   (UK)

We were two couples flying to Milan to celebrate a 50th birthday of one of the wives. Arrived at Manchester checked in for 6.25 am flight to Brussels. We sat on the plane for over an hour waiting for other passengers to be boarded due to lack of check in staff at Manchester. We finally took off an hour late at 7.25am. Prior to landing, announcement on plane stated that New York flight had been held for passengers but all others would have to be transferred, in other words we had missed our connecting flights! Upon arrival, we were met by a female Brussels airline employee, who just handed us new tickets and said we had been re-routed via Munich to Milan, and to make matters worse to Milan Malpensa airport and not Linate airport (Linate is much nearer to Milan). She could not explain why it was okay to hold the plane in Manchester for over an hour to accommodate late passengers, but they were unable to do so for us and the other passengers who missed connecting flights. We were not even shown where to go to check in for the rescheduled flights. Appalling customer service! We did try to complain at the Brussels airlines "help" desk but where met by a wall of indifference, they did offer us 8 euro food vouchers. To cut a long story short, we lost almost a full day of our holiday. We will never use them again.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by G Meyer   (USA)

Very pleasant flights - Venice, Italy to Washington Dulles, by way of Brussels. Flights were on time, aircraft were clean and in excellent condition, and cabin crews pleasant and attentive. Transatlantic sector was flown by an A330-300. Legroom was in coach was about 33-34 inches, the most generous I've seen in recent memory. Food was good, and reasonably plentiful, and cabin staff passed through the aisles at least once every 30 minutes to refill water cups. Seat-back IFE was good, but somewhat limited compared to other carriers' offerings (no games, and a total of perhaps 30 to 40 TV shows and movies available). Would happily fly Brussels again.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  1 October 2014 by Enrique Simeone   (Belgium)

BRU-VIE, C class on 26-9-14. Check in a disgrace, rude handler of passenger, lack of staff in business counter and rude staff checked me in in eco. The employee on purpose did not print my Senator number on my boarding pass, and had to re-issue the boarding pass in lounge. Temporary lounge a total disaster overcrowded and with service staff that shout and interact in between them. Usual messy boarding with no priority and once on board, realised Business class was just the one first row. Crew staff totally uninterested. except a junior stewardess who kindly helped me. For the rest will not recommend.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  29 September 2014 by P Lorette   (USA)

JFK-BRU-ATH - excellent flights. Staff were great, the flights left on time, the in-flight entertainment was wonderful, and the food was delicious. I would definitely fly them again!

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Milo Diesel   (UK)

This was a short chaotic hop from Brussels to Heathrow - Flight 2093 - on 4th September 2013. Boarding was via coach between the terminals and was chaotic. There was no priority boarding for business class, it was pretty much a free for all. We were greeted by a friendly purser who showed us to our seats but did pretty much little else even when someone tried to help themselves to the free middle seats in business class, until I asked her to. The plane took off 35 minutes late as then kept trying to cram passengers on, consequently there was no pre flight drink. Breakfast was chucked at us 10 minutes into the flight. It consisted of half a roll with cheese and ham, a yoghurt and a fruity selection, which was served with a glass of champagne served from a big bottle. Service was pretty indifferent, but in their defence the place was completely full. We landed at Heathrow 30 minutes late with baggage arriving in my case 20 minutes later. In my partners case, 35 minutes late as despite being tagged priority was last off.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Milo Diesel   (UK)

JFK to Brussels on September 3rd in Business class and were seated in 4A and 4C. We boarded the plane and were greeted by a lovely female member if crew who took our glasses and offered us a Kir Royale before takeoff. I noticed that on this run we were only offered the one, rather than refills. The flight took off from JFK on time after a long taxi. 20 minutes after the seat belt light was switched off, we were offered a drink which was served with a bowl of olives. Probably a figment of my imagination but the drink service didn't seem as generous on this flight and the meal service seemed to have been downgraded - for example there was no Star Chef selection on this flight. The monthly cocktail also has been downgraded to a monthly beer. Menu cards were distributed and an amenity kit with not much in handed out - usefully though it doubles as an IPad holder which is a nice touch. Twenty minutes later the meal service began. Starters were a choice of Smoked breast of duck or Green tea dusted seaweed wrapped scallop. I had the scallop which was terrific. Mains were a choice of Sesame Crusted Beef with butternut squash purée or Herb crusted seared salmon with a tomato courgette gratin or Blue Cheese Gnocchi with sautéed spinach. I had the beef, which could have been hotter to be honest, but was still excellent. I chose an excellent 2012 South African Chenin Blanc which was recommended by the purser and was a great choice. This was followed by a cheese plate. The meal service took about an hour of the 6.5 hour night flight. After dinner I stretched out in the large lie flat bed and settled back to watch a movie as I thought it was pointless to try and get loads of sleep. Crew came round a couple of times with water. The seat is very comfortable and the massage function nice. There was also a better selection of films on this flight that were more up to date than my previous flight. An hour before landing we were served a continental breakfast of fruit, yoghurt and warm bread, with fruit juice and coffee before landing in Brussels around 20 minutes early. The crew were lovely on this flight, led by a male purser they were warm friendly professional and respectful which I liked. I noticed that the box of chocolates given on the outward flight was replaced by a much smaller packet of Almond Thins. The service offered by Brussels Airlines, for the price, is brilliant. It takes you back to days when airline actually cared about their customers which I found refreshing and enjoyable.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Milo Diesel   (UK)

Brussels to JFK on SN501 on 24th August - we travelled in Business Class - seats 2A and 2C. Upon boarding the flight our jackets were taken and stowed by friendly crew, and we were offered pre take off drinks including Champagne and a delicious Kir Royale. The first thing that grabbed me was the size of the seat which has a great amount of space around it and the large TV screen in the seat which is great. The flight took off on time, and shortly after pre lunch drinks were served with a smoked salmon and caviar appetiser. The crew distributed the menus, with food including dishes created by Michelin Star restaurateur Thomas Locus. The lunch menu consisted of a starter of either Romaine Lettuce Salad served with North Sea shrimp and avocado or Middle Eastern Style Lamb served with baba ghanoush. I had the shrimp, it was one of the most attractively presented dishes that I have had in a plane and it was delicious. Mains were a choice of Waterzooi style farm raised chicken with IJsvaller watercress and ravioli with ox heart cabbage or Fillet of Cod with verge sauce and roast potatoes with Rosemary and sugar snap peas or Agnolotti pasta with arugula sauce. I had the chicken which was succulent and juicy and delicious. It's also worth mentioning that my travelling companion had ordered a Lacto Vegetarian meal which as a main was a superb Mushroom and Spinach curry. We were then offered a cheese plate and dessert. There was a decent selection of wines available which were generously topped up throughout the meal. After lunch we settled back to relax for a few hours - the seat extends into a bed which is very comfortable and enabled me to sleep. Crew served ice cream and drinks runs were regularly offered. The big let down was the inflight entertainment which was pretty disappointing with a mediocre selection of film and TV series available - luckily I had my trusty IPad so was able to catch up on some stuff I had downloaded. 90 minutes before JFK a snack was served - this was a goats cheese salad with duck and apricots which was delicious. Crew were lovely throughout, and provided a great unobtrusive service. A nice touch was we were given a box of Neuhaus chocolates each to thank us for flying with them. We arrived in JFK 45 minutes early relaxed and refreshed having thoroughly enjoyed the experience before bracing ourselves for the hour long queue at Immigration.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by B van Sante   (Netherlands)

BRU-BCN in B flex economy. I booked well in advance at a low priced one way and did an upgrade bid to B flex. This entitled me to fast lane security and a snack (pizza) on board and drinks included. Additionally you could buy lounge access at another 15 euros which I did. Lounge at gate A section was on the small side but standard snacks/sandwiches provided. Staff onboard/lounge/check in were very friendly and able to communicate in Dutch. Flight was operated with a 319 and I was seated on row 2. Leg-space was minimal, and no separation was made on board (1 row c class-1 pax) row 2-3 Eco flex, rest economy with BOB. I did find I got value for money especially including lounge access with free wifi. On board magazine and newspaper offered. No taxfree/shopping service. Just 3 crew members. A decent 3 star airline. Flight was delayed by 30 mins.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Dahlia Dumitru   (USA)

We flew from Brussels to NYC and it was a very unpleasant trip. The attendant was unprofessional and little help and assistance was given to families. Myself and young child sat at the front while my husband sat at the front. There are many airlines that flight this route and have choices. Little entertainment for young children. We were in transit and not enough time to get to our gate. I would not recommend to family and friends.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Milo Diesel   (UK)

A very pleasant quick 40 minutes hop from Heathrow to Brussels seated in rows 1A and 1c - greeted by friendly staff who served a glass of champagne before takeoff, take off on time and inflight service was an acceptable continental breakfast for a short flight, with champagne - a better option is the vegetarians special breakfast which is a fruit plate. Friendly discreet non intrusive service was good and we landed in Brussels 10 minutes ahead of schedule.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by J Taylor   (USA)

Party of two, business class on an Avro RJ from Stockholm-Bromma to Brussels. Facilities at Bromma are quite desolate and overpriced, though I don't suppose that's Brussels Airlines fault. However, they probably have enough influence to put in some more chairs. Despite the fact that the terminal is essentially a re-purposed hangar, it is in a great location, and, for that reason, we were thankful that Brussels Airlines flew there instead of the more crowded and less convenient Arlanda Airport. Once we got on board, we were somewhat surprised that the business class seats were identical in their physicality to those in the economy sections. However, our fears that we had not gotten what we paid for were lifted once we discovered that the seats were quite comfortable, and the legroom between the seat and the bulkhead (The Avro’s sole row of business class seats is the front-most row, just behind the bulkhead) was more than adequate and the flight attendants were very attentive, spoke decent English and served meals that were, in their quality, above the normality for short-haul flights. Hot washcloths were available at the beginning of the flight and later on upon request. No "real" IFE, but newspapers in a variety of languages were given to the business class passengers, as were various magazines, some published by the airline, some not. I read the New York Times and the Economist, both of which were available in English. The airline also had a magazine in English, French, and German highlighting its various destinations. Overall, the experience was very pleasant and we would do it again.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by E Capemarsh   (UK)

With one exception, most aspects of my flight were either good or average. Unfortunately, the ill-designed seats on their long haul flight mean that I wont be flying with them again, until I am certain that their fleet of Airbus A330's have been replaced. The seats have hard and thick adjustable headrests which appear to have been added as an afterthought, meaning that the head is pushed 7cm or so forward of the shoulders. This affected all of the similarly disgruntled passengers in my vicinity, with the exception of children not big enough to reach the headrest. If you are planning a trip with Brussels Airlines, try sitting with your head stuck out 7cm forward of your shoulders whilst going through the booking procedure, and see how it feels. Then imagine how it will feel after 8 hours, and book with a different airline. There are about 5 airlines running between Europe and Uganda now, and nothing would make me choose Brussels above the others. It is a shame that something so easy to get right as a seat which is the same shape as a human being renders this airline unusable, because the rest of the service was fine and timings excellent. The crew were great, the food acceptable, and entertainment good.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  14 August 2014 by P Alderson   (UK)

BRU-CPH. Economy flex. Brussels airlines operates this route as a duopoly with SAS and it shows in the fares that are charged. My travel plans depended on the weather forecast in Denmark so I was only able to book 72 hours in advance. The cheaper of the two economy cabins had sold out on all 3 flights. The flexible ticket cost about 3 times the advertised minimum fare. Despite this I was charged 8 euros for paying with a credit card (none of my debit cards were accepted by the airline's web site). The ticket allowed fast track security although as this lane was merged into others there was no advantage. Extra cabin baggage was also allowed but as the ground staff did not enforce the cabin baggage policy this was again no advantage. The flight left 20 minutes late as the handling agent had not loaded the bags in time. The seat had no head rest and felt like it had almost no padding, a bit like resting on a leather covered ironing board. There was no magazine in the seat pocket. The advertised free light meal/snack was a bread roll with two slices of cheese with terrible coffee served in a small paper cup. The stewardess even had the nerve to tell me to enjoy my meal as she handed me the bread roll. In my opinion this airline provides budget service at legacy carrier prices.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  14 August 2014 by J Tieman   (Belgium)

Malaga -Brussels in business. Flight delayed by 1hr, average service, not enough attentive to customers needs. Separation between business and economy b flex does not exist, no privacy. Food is very average, nearly bad and non tasty, b flex meals seem better. The quality / price ratio was very bad, a return ticket for a 2h45 flight is around 900 euros. Experience is not worth the money spent.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Andy de Smet   (Belgium)

1 August 2014, flight SN3175. Flew this airline from BRU to FCO in Business class. Friendly service, nice clean plane, relaxing flight, all I needed in the end.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by E Simeone   (Belgium)

JFK-BRU, C Class. Just one word to describe SN and its services on Transatlantic routes - vile! All is wrong, check-in, lounge, boarding and once onboard is all total chaos and inflight service is so average! They have lost it completely, only fly them when there is no other alternative available. Will not recommend.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Pochard Ann   (France)

We recently flew with this airline from Brussels to Lyon, France. An hour before departure, with our boarding passes already in hand, we discovered that the flight had been cancelled. A half-mile trek back to their desk and we were informed that we would be put on a flight to Geneva and then a bus to Lyon. There were about thirty of us and when we arrived in Geneva we had to wait in the baggage claims area for an hour and a half-standing, until the bus arrived. We arrived about 4 hours late in Lyon. No excuse was given for the cancellation and when I wrote to the airlines for an explanation I received no reply in return.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  16 July 2014 by M Costa   (Belgium)

I flew a few days ago from BRU to Cagliari and back. I didn't check-in online on purpose as I wanted to see how the ground staff were. Both were very friendly, professional and polite, especially the purser on the way back from CAG. Definitely a positive experience regarding customer service but poor catering service for the price paid. Would expect more for sure. Anyway very satisfied with everything else including the legroom on their Airbus A319.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Z Albinas   (Switzerland)

Took morning flight GVA-BRU on 4 July 2014. The plane A319 was clean and well maintained, however legroom could be better. Departed and arrived at the gate in BRU with slight delay. Cabin crew very professional and efficient. The food they serve in premium economy - a microscopic sandwich with margarine and cheese - is absolutely deplorable and is the worst sandwich I ever had. So the airline that claims having the best economy premium product in Europe should be ashamed. Taking into account the price they charge for premium economy on this short flight and substandard food quality, I definitely can not recommend their premium economy service to anyone.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Marilyn S Jones   (USA)

Excellent. Service on plane was attentive and friendly. Food was good and plentiful. Customer Service very good. We left a fold up stool on the plane at Brussels. When we got home we contacted customer service. They returned the stool to my home airport. We were very happy with Brussels airline and would recommend it.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Simeone Enrique   (Belgium)

TLV-BRU in C class, terrible check in staff are rude attitude. Lounge is "Dan" which is crowded and sadly dirty. boarding a mess! Once on board their little Airbus is better that LH, mother company. Did some shopping on board nothing worked rightly, their card machine and the loyalty programme card neither, vile, but rather sorry staff tried to compensate with smile, thanks but no thanks I want my miles end of story. On board not so bad, on time and good baggage delivery, although will not recommend. SN get your act together if you want loyal pax.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  25 May 2014 by Tommy Desmet   (Belgium)

BRU-FLR. Online check-in did not work as ticket was issued on Lufthansa resulting in having bad seats. Cabin crew made the pleasant and the stewardess apologized for the bad seats. Flight left with delay but arrived on time in Florence. Brussels Airlines but their product and seat comfort is not to be compared with for example Swiss and Lufthansa, especially not within Europe!

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2014 by D Murphy   (Canada)

I flew from London to Nairobi and back. My flight was late to depart, once in the air my inflight entertainment never worked. I informed a few stewardesses but none seemed to do anything about it and needless to say it was a long flight for me. The food was great but the attitude to my issue by the flight crew made me have a very displeased view of the airline. I got to my destination and my baggage was nowhere to be found, misinformation by their Nairobi office made me make two unnecessary trips to the Airport and finally after 5 days I got my belongings. My intention for this trip had been delayed for that time and needless to say I could not make it back as planned since I had to finish the business that took me there. The Airline refused to reschedule me on another flight as they were booked but had a seat for the full price if I did not want to wait another week to get a rescheduled flight with minimum penalty. I paid them and vowed never to fly Brussels again, it was my first time using them and I have not made that mistake again.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  5 April 2014 by Kai Matuschewski   (Germany)

TXL-BRU-FNA return in economy class. Excellent experience and great value for money. Efficient and attentive staff in planes and on ground. Trip went really smooth and was enjoyable. Would definitely choose the airline again for trips to West-Africa.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2014 by L Pereira   (Canada)

BRU-LIS. Flight left a few minutes late, aircraft was at an off gate stand, passengers had to reach the aircraft by bus. The flight in itself was very good, clean aircraft, very attentive crew and excellent service. Economy flex class of service.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  28 February 2014 by David Roberts   (Belgium)

Brussels to Berlin, February 25 and return from Berlin to Brussels, February 26. Staff very friendly and helpful. Both flights arrived ahead of schedule. Seats perfectly adequate for 1 hour flight. Food very poor - not even sure what was in the sandwich!

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by P Hamlett   (UK)

Late departure but very comfortable. On both sectors MAN-BRU-MAN. Very polite staff. Would definitely choose them again. Outbound: Airbus A319, inbound AVRO RJ 45.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Alan Damian   (Belgium)

Flew BRU-VIE-BRU and the experience pretty much equalled to a low-cost airline. They do not even serve any water or juice. Staff in general quite cold, I was completely ignored when boarding my flight to Vienna. Planes were rather old. Inefficient boarding. Overall experience is fine, but knowing you have other options for less amount of money does not make Brussels Airlines a company to recommend.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  3 February 2014 by J Kubat   (Czech Republic)

I flew PRG-BRU and SN proved again to be the most expensive low cost I know. When people were boarding 5 minutes before scheduled departure I knew it was going to be delayed. It was eventually delayed one hour (only partially because of some problem with the towing truck). All food for purchase in Economy - that came with no surprise (unfortunately there is not much option between BRU-PRG, so I have to fly with them occasionally), but the smell of food coming from "business" was not good (I sat in row 7). The reading light did not work and the plane interior felt old and dilapidated. When we were waiting (approx. 30min) for fixing the problem with the towing truck and the de-icing, they did not bother to switch on the lights for people to read. The staff must be paid not to smile and to be rude.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  31 January 2014 by K Heff   (UK)

Flew LHR-BRU-ABJ return in December on business class, on way out flight was operated by FlyHi of Portugal without very low standard of business class, old plane, poor staff, no in flight entertainment but at least some additional legroom and reasonable food. On return at check in was told "business class not up to usual standard" so I assumed it would be the same as outward leg. On entering the plane (again FlyHi) I found it was all economy. I am surprised Brussels Airlines don't have one spare plane to operate the service!

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  28 January 2014 by A Damian   (Belgium)

Flew BRU-VIE-BRU. I saw no difference between Brussels Airlines and a low-cost. Not even water offered. Old planes. Staff acting as if they were not there. Chaotic boarding in VIE. No mileage accrual with the lowest fare.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  30 December 2013 by R Sneijder   (Germany)

Flew BRU-JFK-BRU a few times in Business Class this year, always a very pleasant experience. Great food quality, very comfortable seas and almost always a friendly and motivated crew. I will not hesitate to book again in 2014 for my flights to JFK.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  19 December 2013 by J Neuendorff   (Germany)

I was flying from Brussels to Abidjan / Cote d' Ivoire and back in December, 2013. The original plane had broken down, Brussels Airlines used a subcontracted charter - Hi fly, on both trips. Despite a business upgrade on both flights only economy service with "business seats". Seats uncomfortable and not adjustable. Crew extremely unfriendly. Lounge in Abidjan a catastrophe. Flights in both directions delayed by about three hours, the flight back starting around 3 am in the morning.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  16 December 2013 by W De Herdt   (Belgium)

BRU-JFK, A330-300, Business Class. Efficient check-in, very friendly staff, most comfortable seats, superb lunch with excellent wines, full box of Neuhaus pralines as present. Arrival on the dot. Only negative side of this flight: 1hr 15 queuing at US immigration, but that is beyond airline's control. JFK-BRU, A330-300, Business class cabin crew coped well with full house, supper and wines on high level, good full flat sleeping seats. Overall, a most enjoyable experience, recommended.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2013 by A Coutsouradis   (Belgium)

Washington-BRU on Nov 21st. Newly equipped Airbus for this flight. Perfectly on time. I am a frequent flyer of Brussels in Europe. The worse disappointment on this airbus is the poor comfort of the economy cabin. Compared to Lufthansa you seem to sit on a wooden bench! The video equipment is latest generation though, the least as you can't manage to sleep!

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  7 November 2013 by Laurent Jeann   (Belgium)

BRU-MRS-BRU end of October, Plane was an Avro RJ100. I sat on the first row so the leg space was very good. The dinner consisted of meat and vegetables (BRU-MRS) and of ravioli's (MRS-BRU). We also received a salad, chocolates and a hot bread. The staff were very nice.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by J Donahue   (Germany)

Flew SN 515, 1 Nov 2013, evening service BRU-IAD. A very pleasant experience. Beautiful and clean Airbus 330-200. The ground staff as well as the cabin crew dedicated and professional. The meals were generous and served with a smile. A great flight and fully recommended.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  1 November 2013 by Georgios Pitaoulis   (Switzerland)

I flew with Brussels from GVA via BRU to DKR and thereon from PNR via BRU to GVA. I have to admit that this was a very pleasant experience. The inflight personnel were very polite and helpful, ready to attend to any request. The only question that they were unable to answer on my flight from PNR to GVA via BRU was which city would organize the Olympics of 2020, since I was flying back on that exact date. Having flown with SQ/LH/AF/TK/LX, I would rate them equal to SQ business class.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  30 October 2013 by James Thomas   (UK)

Brussels-Dakar return in economy. Very pleasantly surprised. Smart new cabins on A330. Comfortable seats with adjustable headrests and best economy class legroom I encountered for a long time. Very tasty food outbound (nasty in-bound), no problem getting top-ups on drinks. Flights on time both ways, cabin crew friendly and efficient. Brussels airport a much nicer place to be than Paris CDG, the other main hub for Africa flights. Only let-down was the in-flight entertainment. It's a modern on-demand system with a nice big touch screen and useful USB port, but choice of movies and music was poor, and the flight map function too clever for its own good - it seemed to endlessly show places hundreds of miles away with silly captions like 'historical city of Venice', and only occasionally made it clear where you actually are!

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by G Wenner   (UK)

I flew with Brussels airlines yesterday evening from Brussels to Venice. Short delay of 10 min, flight quite empty so had two seats for myself. Aircraft looked old, when choosing the seat via online check- in it showed an emergency row seat with extra legroom, but there were no emergency exits in the middle of the plane. In economy light drinks and snacks only for purchase, which I think is poor for a proper airline - especially when € 150 more expensive than Ryanair. Staff pleasant enough.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Stefaan Meulders   (Belgium)

FLR-BRU, 7th October. Checked in at 10.30 for this flight which was scheduled for departure at 12.30. At 12.30 no plane and announced a departure at 12.50 but at 12.50 still no plane. After a while we found out our plane landed in Pisa. Information was limited and unclear. At 14.30 we were bussed from Florence to Pisa (where we had to go through security once again). In Pisa our flight was not on the board but after a while we were called to the gate and finally took off at 16.20. Pilot excused for the delay and said he had to land in Pisa due to bad weather above Florence and he only had for 15 minutes spare fuel. I heard about limited fuel amounts with low cost carriers but prices at Brussels Airlines are all except low cost. As compensation for the almost 4 hour delay we were offered as compensation one free coffee, tea, water or soft drink! We were handed a menu as if we wanted some food we could buy this from the menu. I do not understand what Brussels Airlines is doing in the Star Alliance Group, I am a frequent traveller but SN just always leaves me with very bad experiences. This flight certainly didn't make it any better and I will try to avoid them in the future as much as possible.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2013 by R Golan   (Israel)

A big disappointment: Check in was a total disaster with a messy line up lasting for ages and inefficient attendants. Seating and staff service on board are like those of a low cost airline. Food and beverages were the only part of this flight that was not below average, yet that does not help much when the whole journey is so uncomfortable.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  19 September 2013 by A King   (UK)

12-15 September 2013 - MAN-BRU-MAN. Outbound flight was on behalf of Flybe, Dash 8 - delayed by 40 mins, plane interior bright. Flight attendants very helpful, complimentary drinks and snacks provided on return journey also. Pleasantly surprised with seats - wide and plenty of leg room. Downside is that seats were bookable upon check - in online 24hrs prior to departure. Return journey from Brussels - Manchester - the departure gate was changed twice and on both occasions only notified 20 mins before we were due to depart. It was our first time using online check in - smooth transaction, good inflight service. I would fly with Brussels Airlines in the future.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  19 September 2013 by Jozef Kubus   (Slovakia)

Flew round trip from BRU to JFK with Airbus A330-300, in general I was very happy with whole flight, I am 196 cm tall and the legroom in economy cabin was excellent, food as well as service on board was excellent too. I would highly recommended to fly with Brussels Airline and I will definitely fly with them again.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2013 by T Xavier   (USA)

Flew BRU-PMO return this past week. Airline embraces a big "economy" tag, charging for even drinks (a cool 3 Euro for a soda, for example) and not allowing advance seat selection unless you pay extra. It also, at least on what are considered "short" flights-and I'd suggest that the BRU-PMO route, at 2.5 hours, is pushing the limits of this-has some very thinly padded economy seats. No in-flight entertainment. But enough of the complaining: the planes were clean, staff was professional, baggage got delivered, and best of all flights were on time. So a good experience and a recommendation.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2013 by P Regen   (USA)

Brussels Airlines canceled my flight from Washington Dulles to Brussels the day of departure and never notified me. I called the airline to confirm my seats in the afternoon. On the way to the airport, my son saw that the airport website said it was canceled. I called the main Brussels Air # and the automated message said that it was on-time, so we continued toward the airport. I decided to call back and talk to a person, who said that yes, it was canceled, due to a mechanical fault and the plane had never left Brussels for the US. Thus, when I called about the seats, the airline already knew there was no plane, but the agent who confirmed my seats didn't. I asked to be re-booked, but was told that since my flight was booked through United, I had to call them. After over an hour on the phone with United, we got a flight to Paris the next day. Never made it Brussels and never booking on Brussels Airlines again.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2013 by T Xavier   (USA)

BRU-IAD this past week in economy. Flew in A330 in Economy class. Seats were a bit cramped-as to be expected in Economy. In light entertainment was good; service was very good. Flight was on time and luggage arrived. Based on this experience would recommend for long-haul flight, would fly again.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  12 September 2013 by R Aronson   (USA)

I flew Brussels Airlines on a code share trip with United (where I am a mileage plus platinum) and was very disappointed. Brussels Airlines employees don't care about customer service. They did not assign me a seat until I was at the airport and by then only a middle seat was available on a 6 hour trip to Yaound, Cameroon. There is no customer service phone number that works so you can't even complain. Their service is below standard. By contrast, on the return flight the United code share airline was Lufthansa who upgraded me to business class without my asking for it.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  6 September 2013 by C Boudewyn   (Belgium)

BRU-NCE-BRU: Flight booked using miles. Was booked in B.flex. Seats in the front of the plane, free middle seat on both flights. Outbound flight was in the afternoon with tasty pizza and several drink services (received a couple of wines). Inbound flight was an early morning flight, on which we received the typical monty's breakfast wrap. Neuhaus chocolates on both flights. Both flights arrived early. Only negative: long wait for the luggage in Brussels.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  30 August 2013 by Phillips Robert   (Belgium)

BRU-Porto. Despite checking in on-line, the queues at Brussels were painfully slow and long with check in desks (particularly luggage drop off) woefully undermanned. The situation was not helped by the new weigh your luggage and print your own luggage tags check in desks which people appeared to be struggling with. Despite a late change of gate, flight took off almost on time and was pretty uneventful. The A319 makes a nice change from the Avro 100s. Service was pretty perfunctory from the usual Brussels Airlines older hostesses who whilst being professional, showed little real interest in passengers - and certainly not those in B lite economy! Brussels Airlines have become very expensive and I will only use them again if I can find a reasonably priced ticket and because they fly from Brussels (and not Charleroi!).

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by K Leemans   (Belgium)

Brussels BRU - Moscow DME - Brussels BRU. Good service, clean and modern cabin, comfortable seats (even in economy), and good food and drinks. The chocolates you get with your coffee made by the prestigious Belgian brand Neuhaus, is a nice touch. The crew handled a drunken passenger very professionally and correctly. No entertainment, but short haul so not really necessary. In comparison to other airline companies, fair price. Will fly again, and would definitely recommend.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by David Naert   (Belgium)

BRU-DME-BRU in b.light (lowest economy fare). Enjoyable flights on nearly full A320 aircraft. Comfortable seating, and despite being in the lowest fare class, a complimentary cold meal, including pre-dinner drinks, was served on this three hour flight. No in-flight entertainment. 45 minute delay on leaving Moscow, no explanations given by ground staff. Excellent value.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  20 August 2013 by E De Smet   (Belgium)

Brussels - Toulouse in B.Flex. They have great staff at check-in, at the gate and in the air! We were seated in the front of the cabin as we had a B.Flex ticket. We received a warm and tasty snack together with a drink. We had the choice between wine, soft drinks, beer coffee and tea. After the service the friendly purser asked if we would like to have an other drink. Before the descent the came with Neuhaus chocolates. Captain and purser were saying goodbye when we left the aircraft.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2013 by S Tanguy   (Belgium)

Flight from BRU to JFK, A330-300. Everything was perfect and the staff really professional. Flight arrived on time and travel time not seems to long thanks to multiple "food time" and entertainment.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  6 August 2013 by Kadlcakova Kveta   (Czech Republic)

Prague via Brussels to Lisbon. We had bought our tickets several months before the trip. During that time the flights were changed at least 5 times. New departure was worse and worse. We chose the flight only because of the time of departure. From both noon or afternoon departures they changed to the first morning flights which was after 6 am from Prague for example. We did not agree, they offered us to return money only or to take their stupid early flights. On time when they offered us to return money for tickets the price was about 100% higher. This is the only airline where staff do not say good morning and good-bye to passengers.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  5 August 2013 by Carel Edwards   (Belgium)

Toulouse to Brussels on 4 August 2013 was 3 hours late. I had a b-light ticket so expected no service (I live in Belgium and know the airline). However, I found out entirely by chance that there was a delay - SN knew because the delay had started at the Brussels end - but there was no attempt to inform passengers at any time. The monitors announced boarding times and "Go to gate" at the normal time, but no staff, no plane. No attempt at any time by SN or other staff to inform or provide even water or a snack. When a bored lady appeared at the gate (the plane had landed at last) she treated the passengers' complaints/requests with bored derision. Same thing on board: a free drink as long as it was water or a Coke. I asked for a sandwich. Sure, that will be 3 Euros please, etc. Avoid this airline.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  2 August 2013 by J Stoefs   (Belgium)

JFK-BRU, upgrade in Business Class. JFK-BRU is a flagship route of Brussels Airlines, featuring their new cabin. Seats in Business are excellent, full flat bed with a lot of space. Actually gives an impression of more space than on the seats in diagonal you can find in many business class cabins (e.g. Air Canada). Food was very good, decent choice of wine. Good to see Belgian items on the menu (even from JFK): spa water, neuhaus pralines, a taste of home abroad.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2013 by Enrique Simeone   (Belgium)

BRU-CPH return and BRU-BUD return c cabin, 1 row only in all 4 legs, either Avro or Airbus! Vile check in although Senator status. They seem to have a problem with lounges access in Europe. BRU lounge in the Schengen Terminal is always full, packed and badly serviced! In other capitals the lounges are atrocious! Once on board staff are correct but not top notch. Bar service is ok but food is inedible. Seats need in all services either c or light or eco revamping like yesterday! In fact is the same seat although the policy one in - the middle free. Unfortunately they seem to be going down the drain. Heard they are a lot better with long distance services. Short and medium haul are just a laugh and they are not competitive on prices timetables nor service.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  24 July 2013 by L Walshe   (Canada)

JFK-BRU-JFK in January 2013. Check in very quick both ways. Lufthansa Lounge at JFK was nothing to write home about, however the Sunrise Lounge in BRU was very good. Seats are very comfortable and adjust to your body's sleeping position. Single seats in row 1 are best as you get the most room for your legs. IFE was pretty good. Food wise, I ordered a special meal (Lacto-ovo vegetarian). Surprisingly, the catering was better out of JFK. Lovely mozzarella pearl salad with tomatoes, and cheese ravioli, among other things, plus a beautiful fruit plate and various cheeses for dessert. Standard breakfast tray with a warm croissant and yoghurt, etc was simple and tasty. Catering out of BRU was disappointing. Served a vegan meal which did not suit my needs. Despite efforts to find alternatives the only thing that could be found was fruit. I was given an unopened bottle of champagne to take with me and was urged to complain, which yielded 2000 miles. Service overall was pretty good. Would I recommend Brussels Airlines? Yes.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2013 by M Geeraerts   (Belgium)

Flight b flex BRU-TLS and TLS-BRU. Baggage drop off in BRU complete chaos, an arrogant (and rather stupid) young employee of Brussels airlines sent people to the baggage drop off queue for the Africa flights, where the line was even much longer. No difference was made between b light and b flex passengers. Flight was OK in old Avrojet. Catering in b flex is a joke, the same small pizza on both flights. Once the company named b flex the best economy class in Europe. Forget it. Only plus point: staff are extremely friendly.

Brussels Airlines Customer review :  16 July 2013 by C Volz   (USA)

We flew from Venice to Brussels this week on SN. The ticket was purchased with United Airlines as a Star Alliance code share (I am Star Alliance Gold). The paperwork clearly said "snack" - which I assumed to be a drink and light snack as Swiss Air provided us a few days earlier on another code share flight. However, the flight attendant said we had to pay 3 Euro each for a bottle of water. He said I should have read the SN web site and not the code share ticket information, which he said was wrong. Why should code share customers have to understand all this? I really just wanted some water for our child and decided on principle that I wouldn't give 3 Euros. SN is inconsistent with its star alliance competitors in Europe - I would not recommend them if you are buying code share flights.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7