PAGE loading ... please wait!

SkyService Airlines Passenger Reviews and SkyService Airlines Customer Trip Reports

No Ranking Awarded

Add your Skyservice Airlines Review

ABC is not a Star ranked airline

SkyService Airlines ceased trading

Customer Review scoring : SkyService Airlines
4.3 out of 10  4.3 out of 10

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES customer review :  21 February 2013 by S Rogers   (Canada)

Flew to Varadero from Toronto return. Got to YYZ and our first experience with the airline was the check-in counter stating that our carry-on bag's weight were to be included with our checked baggage weight. I have never heard of this before and seemed more of a cash grab than a safety function because on the flight home, on the same plane with the same group of passengers, the carry-on was not weighed and overweight luggage was not an issue. Flights delayed both ways without notice or cause. The delay on the way there added 4 hrs in the airport and caused us to end up at the resort after dinner. On the return the delay was closer to 6 hrs but the delay was communicated in bits and pieces. I understand delays happen but they were communicated in a way that is just unacceptable. They were the cheapest option and they proved it. I would not recommend them or use them again.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES customer review :  15 March 2010 by Nancy Carty   (Canada)

Recent 4 hour trip to Jamaica averaged 12 hours each way. Flight times and additional stop over were added at the last minute. Pilot over shot runway, took the plane start up in the air then informed us that if he couldn't land on the next shot he "didn't know what he was going to do". When we landed at Pearson, the pilot drove into the bridge and because the plane was still "inflight" it was considered a "in flight accident" that had to be investigated therefore we could not exit the plane for almost an hour.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES customer review :  19 February 2010 by J Roy   (Canada)

Toronto to Puerto Plata on Skyservice. The check-in service at both Toronto and Puerto Plata airports was terrible. I was flying with two other individuals and were told that there were no seats available together and were therefore seated in various areas of the plane. When we boarded we found that there were multiple rows that were vacant. However, once on the plane the flight attendants were all extremely helpful and friendly. The food and service was also quite good. The leg room on the plane was extremely limited. I am 5'4 (164cm) and found the leg room to be very tight, I could not imagine being any taller than I am and fitting into the seats comfortably.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 23 January 2010 by E Anderson

2 Star Rating

Toronto to Samana DR. Due to weather was unable to land at Samana AP diverted to La Romana AP. Waited approx 1.5 hrs on aircraft awaiting clearance for Samana AP when told there was a mechanical problem and couldn't fly. We waited in airport terminal for approx 3 hrs before being bussed to Santo Domingo Oasis Hotel. Arrived in our room at 0400 hrs and were told there was a meeting at 1000 hrs to info us on what would take place next. The master plan was being bussed to Santo Domingo AP at 1300 hrs, flown to Samana AP And bussed to our resort. We arrived at our resort at approx 1930 hrs exhausted. A complete day of our holidays ruined. The inclement weather was understandable but the rest was not. The compensation offered was $250.00 on a next Skyservice Flight?

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 9 January 2010 by Peter Vlasenko

1 Star Rating

We flew from Ottawa to Cancun. Departed from Ottawa 3 hours late, they lied to us about reasons. Later we figured that the crew was simply driving from Montreal while we were waiting. The seat legroom during 4 hours was a torture. Overhead luggage bins were packed, and flight attendant's luggage took our space, they did not even try to do anything. They gave 1/2 of small plastic cup of water once and then gave another 1/2 after we asked. On third request they told us that "supply of water is limited". When we arrived to Cancun they declared state of emergency. It turned out just fogged out detector (moist outside air mixed with cool conditioned air), occurrence so common in that climate that it made me wonder how it could cause such a hassle for an "experienced" airline crew. When we were leaving the plain someone dubbed them "redneck airline - rude but quite deserved.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 18 November 2009 by B Moraine

5 Star Rating

YYZ to VRA return. At the Toronto end no problems with the airline just the GTAA but that is for another story. I prebooked my seats on line and had no problems. I booked an exit row had lots of leg room but there were next to the bathrooms so there was always activity. But these seats were my choice. My partner was feeling a little ill and cabin crew were helpful, wanting to make sure that she was feeling ok and was there anything they could do for her. The return flight was uneventful and the cabin crew were excellent and also 5 star service. The problems we encountered on the return leg from Varadero Cuba were the making of the Cuban airport staff. I had also prebooked my seats but the ticket agent ignored that and booked us into other seats. We went from a centre and aisle in an exit row to a centre and window a row back.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 26 September 2009 by K Lafferty

1 Star Rating

Poor service. This airline's name is a misnomer. The first time I flew them, plane was delayed 18 hrs with the ground crew putting us off every 2 hrs - those that complained loudest and earliest got rooms, those of us who were polite and understanding got to sit in the airport (YYC) lobby. They issued us vouchers - so I thought, lets try them again. This time the flight was full so we had to upgrade to 1st class at the cost of the voucher. Well first class is not what you would expect - same size seats as coach and served after the coach passengers. Tried to get vouchers honored - they would not pay.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 18 September 2009 by I McGerrior

1 Star Rating

They are missing one important category under number 2! Should be a category for "never again, ever". Travelled from Winnipeg to Huatulco. Everything was as bad as a cheap airline can get. They have sacrificed every semblance of quality for the customer in order to protect very short term profits. I will not bother to list all the negatives as they are well documented by other travellers. I can't believe these clowns are still in business. It can only be they are still selling to the travellers who don't consider the flight part of their vacation. First and last time for us. Anticipating the return trip put a damper on the whole vacation - didn't ruin it - but really who needs that kind of aggravation so the bottom feeder airlines can cash in on the unaware traveller.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 5 June 2009 : by Michael Parkes

5 Star Rating

YYZ to MCO on a Boeing 757-200. Staff very friendly! Mostly English crew from Thomas Cook where the aircraft had been leased. Comfortable seating. $3.00 CAD and $5.00 CAD snacks were a bit of a downer but that was fine considering the flight only cost each of us $59.00 CAD each way! Great in-flight entertainment and arrived 30 mins early on both legs of journey!

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 30 April 2009 : by A Shirley

1 Star Rating

Just got back from Dominican by Skyservice, through gotraveldirect, Flight going was 20hrs late with no explanation to passengers. No meal was served sandwiches for sale for $5 that were disgusting. Husband and I were not seated together, across from each other. They had us crammed in like sardines, could not move. No sound on movie on the way back. We were offered a drink once on a 4hr flight.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 9 April 2009 : by P Lewis

1 Star Rating

Toronto to Montego Bay return. Whoever said the seat pitch was not bad must be very short or a contortionist. I have travelled extensively and Skyservice now holds my vote as worst airline in the world, never been so cramped. Food and drinks were poor and lacking. Boarded us 1.5 hours before take-off on the return journey for no apparent reason, even the Montego Bay airport staff could not understand it. Just what you need an extra 1.5 hours in hell. Will never fly with this airline again.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 17 March 2009 : by C Hewitt

5 Star Rating

Just got back from Cancun with Sky Service. Nothing wrong with leg room (a little tighter than Air Canada, but not bad - they are cheaper). The staff were very friendly and helpful and did a great job of helping us with our small children. No scheduled airline cabin crew attitude. My family all got to sit together. Food was typical of all airlines, not gourmet, but because of that, it was edible. TVs in the seats would be nice. A lot of the complaints I read relate to the return leg ground staff, who are not Sky Service staff. We had the normal suitcases, but also had a stroller and pack and play - no excess charges. I would guess scams similar to those mentioned on this site go on regardless of airlines. I would fly them again for sure.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 11 March 2009 : by B Mavis

Customer Rating : 4/5

4 Star Rating

Just returned from Cuba. Skyservice was on time to Cuba & arrived home 20 minutes early. I have no complaints, staff at airports & flight crew both very helpful & friendly. I would use this airline again.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 23 February 2009 : by D Allen

3 Star Rating

Used Skyservice for trip to Punta Cana,15 hours late leaving Winnipeg and 12 hour late coming back. Was told was weather issues going and coming home. They brought an empty plane from Toronto to take us home.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 13 February 2009 : by N Prowse

Customer Rating : 4/5

4 Star Rating

Took Skyservice as part of a Sunquest package to Cuba -Ottawa to Varadero. Fight was on time in both directions. I pre-booked the exit aisle rows, and thank goodness - it was $40 extra per seat but worth it for the extra leg room. It's a charter airline so don't have high expectations - they pack people in like any charter, but that's why you are getting the exceptional deal on price. The baggage allowance is much lower than other airlines however - only 44lbs per person and they are very strict about that, but the check-in agent helped us by suggesting we take a pair of shoes out and put it in carry on to get our bags down to the weight restriction. The staff were friendly, helpful, they even served a free hot meal - not fantastic, but still more than Air Canada offers these days. I honestly had NO complaints about them despite the horror stories I have read from other travellers.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 5 February 2009 : by L Hess

3 Star Rating

Calgary to Huatulco and return. Nothing special about this carrier. Despite much planning by the travel agent our party of 5 could not sit together or even near each other. Star service on the way home saved our sanity because of a 3 hr wait in the head. Meals were tasty but portions a little skimpy. Not sure why they feel the need to lumber that Duty Free trolley up and down the aisle - can people not just fill out a request form?

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 4 February 2009 : by M Keenan

3 Star Rating

YYZ-CUN and return. Both flights were more or less on time, and there were no hassles on that score. In flight service and food were acceptable for a low cost carrier on a short (4 hour) flight. The main problem was with the number of seats on the aircraft (180 seats on an A320!), which meant that knee room was minimal. I'm 6' 2", and even with my legs splayed, my knees would have been right up against the seat in front - fortunately, I had an aisle seat and I was able to rest my legs in the aisle most of the time. Additionally, the seats are so close together that if the seat in front of you reclines, it's practically in your face unless you recline yours. The other issue is that the planes seem pretty worn out - our aircraft had broken armrests, non-functional in-flight movie, and generally looked tired and worn out, even though it was less than 6 years old. (A comment from a flight attendant suggested that the video screens had been broken for at least a week). A final note for Skyservice - they seem to have overly ambitious schedules on weekends, and so their weekend flights often get badly backed up as delays from one flight cascade into subsequent flights that the same aircraft makes later the same day. Flying on a weekday seems to lessen this problem.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 21 January 2009 : by Melva Menor

1 Star Rating

Our family of 4 adults and an infant flew to Montego Bay, Jamaica. Before we even left Toronto we had a bad feeling about the service. My daughter had been told and had an email confirmation that she was allowed to take all the food her baby would be using for the week. When we checked in they insisted she could not take the food in the carry on and she did not feel comfortable putting it in the luggage, in case of breakage. She showed the reservation clerk the email giving her permission to have them in the carry on. They sent her to look for a supervisor to verify this, she was then sent to another security person, finally they told her she could after having her run around the airport. Our other complaint is the lack of courtesy at the check in counters, all they seemed interested in was weighing the luggage as they knew everyone would be over. We paid $150.00 because of the baby food and diapers that they insisted on weighing in the carry on. Skyservice Airlines service may be cheaper but we travel at least once a year to various destinations and never had to pay that kind of money, several people on that flight seems to be taking things out of their luggage and leaving them behind rather than the gorging they were being subjected to. They would not allow even 1 kilo over. Compare this service to leaving Montego Bay, they were courteous, attentive, pleasant and no one paid for over weight. They even allowed my daughter to go ahead of the line as the baby was fussing. Toronto staff should take a lesson from a small island staff. The plane was small, cramped with no leg room and the air quality was poor. I would not even comment on the snacks. Skyservice Airlines may be cheaper but they make up the money with the no leeway for even 1 kilo overweight, compared to other airlines. We would not use Skyservice Airlines service again and certainly would not recommend it.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 15 January 2009 : by S Kavanat

1 Star Rating

Just returned from Puerto Vallarta. Trip was great up until return leg - too bad, we gave your pre-booked seats away. Two hours at luggage claim with 5 customer care staff laughing at the frustrated passengers and generally being belligerent.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 15 December 2008 : by Bruce Clarke

1 Star Rating

Vancouver to Liberia, Costa Rica in December 2008. The plane was a Boeing 757 that was at least 15 years old. The seats were old, lumpy, and uncomfortable. They are also narrow and cramped, with little legroom for the long flights. The nooks and crannies of the cabin were dirty; the plane needed a good thorough cleaning. The flight attendant service was poor, sandwich and drinks meager, and the so-called entertainment next to non-existent. We also got stuck in seats near two of the three toilets on the plane, meaning we were subjected to all manner of noxious odors. On our flight south, the sound wasn't working for the small video screens - and worse, the 757's auxiliary power unit broke down, forcing us to make an emergency landing in Cancun, and causing a two-hour delay in our arriving in Liberia. On the return, our SkyService flight was 'only' two hours late. My friend and I were grateful, though; there was another SkyService flight that was supposed to return to Toronto the same day, but they had some engine problem that delayed those folks at least overnight - after sitting around in a hot stuffy airport all day! I should mention that the SKyService computer system in Liberia had some sort of trouble at check-in, and all the boarding passes and luggage tags were done by hand. It took us more than two hours of standing in line in the humid sweaty lobby to get our passes and baggage checked.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 1 December 2008 : by Dave Christie

3 Star Rating

Vancouver to Huatulco and back on Skyservice. The flight crew were not the cheeriest group I dealt with, but service was fine. The meals were quite good, though portions were fairly small. My only displeasure was with the check-in procedures. In Vancouver we got to the airport 2 hours before the flight and were originally told we couldn't get seats together, but when pushed, the agent was able to go to another computer and find us seats together. In Huatulco, we got to the airport 2.5 hours early, and stood in line for 2 hours waiting to check-in. We were not able to get seats together though at least half the passengers had not yet checked in. I think they have software issues. I am 6'2 and though the seats were fairly tightly packed, I could stretch out my legs. The return to Vancouver on that flight is a bit brutal as it goes to Calgary first.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 12 August 2008 : by R Giacomelli

2 Star Rating

Just completed a trip with Skyservice. Leaving Toronto to Punta Cana the crew were helpful. Coming back was the opposite. Asked for juice for my child they said everything was locked up even though we were half way home, they announced coffee and tea will be served and it never happened. They served snacks right away because the rest trip back they were to busy taking inventory they could not help the travellers. It was a late flight and no pillows were given - overall very unfriendly no smiles and the can't be bothered attitude.

SKYSERVICE AIRLINES review : 16 July 2008 : by Pamela Whitehead

2 Star Rating

Seats very narrow and hard, not much legroom for those of us with long legs. Could vry rarely get down the isle to use the toilet as the service trolley spent the whole flight selling things and meal service. Flight on time going out but over 12 hours delay coming back, we were offered free hotel rooms and a five dollar snack voucher, so could have been worse I guess.