SkyEurope Airlines Passenger Reviews and SkyEurope Airlines Customer Trip Reports

No Star Ranking

Customer Review scoring : SkyEurope Airlines
2.7 out of 10  2.7 out of 10

1 2 3

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES:  your "one-stop" passenger guide

SkyEurope Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Economy Class Seat reviews

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  1 September 2009 by F Kakavitsas   (Greece)

I booked a flight from Athens to Prague and from Prague to Lisbon with return on Prague. Arrived at Athens airport the flight had 11.10 hours of delay, (showing 03.30 in the next morning, from 16.40 that was the original departure time) but they didn't advise us before. After verbally fighting in the check in counters (they respond that for any problem I had to call to the SkyEurope call center from my cell phone. This one due to the translocation of flights from Vienna to Bratislava and the calls from all over Europe was always busy. Finally they called internally and changed the flight via Bratislava. Athens to Bratislava, had also a 3 hours delay but finally I did arrive to Bratislava. The stress that I passed was very high as if I had lost one of the flights I had lost, also the hotel reservations in Lisbon and 2 days of vacation. At the airport of Athens they denied me to give food or drinks initialy when they changed me the flight to Bratislava. In bratislava airport there was a mother with a child under 1 year old. Her flight to Amsterdam was cancelled and the next was 12 hours after (next morning). The lady at the office of Sky Europe denied her a hotel saying that SkyEurope is one step before bankrupt and can't pay hotels. She said also that she was also working at that time without being paid. Lisbon to Prague had also a 2 hours delay. We waited 40 minutes inside the plane for the documents of the flight. My advice : dont use this company even if they give you flights for free.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  31 August 2009 by M Doherty   (USA)

VIE-NAP, 4hr 30 min delay. Kept pushing back the departure time. I finally caught a gate agent next to ours and she said "oh it will definitely leave at 3:30." it was as if they knew the departure time all along. Booked before I knew their troubles and because they were the only direct flight from Vienna to Naples. I didn't want to spend all day connecting through airports. Spent the day anyway. Not worth the savings. Old plane also.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  21 August 2009 by Judith Lee   (UK)

The original flights I booked for a party of 10 to Bratislava in May were cancelled. I rearranged the flights for 8 of the group quite easily but haven't managed to get a refund for the other 2. Now the airline has gone into "reorganisation" I don't hold out much hope at all. Especially annoying is the banner on their website saying "Thanks to everyone for allowing Sky Europe to continue offering low fares" - at mine and other people that are owed monies expense! The flight home was in one of the oldest planes I have ever flown in, the seats were cramped and we had to turn back to Bratislava after an hour due to a cracked window. This wasn't fixed, a certificate was issued and we turned round and continued the flight. Bratislava is lovely. I have very strong doubts that this airline will continue and I think anyone booking a flight with them now must be mad!

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  17 August 2009 by E van Walsum   (Netherlands)

The advantage of SkyEurope is that they have assigned seats, therefore no rush during boarding. You can reserve a seat beforehand (at a fee), but they also give you a seat at the airport during check-in (no fee). No web check-in possible. Cabin crew was helpful and friendly. Sky Europe is not the cheapest low cost airline, but the quality is good.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  13 August 2009 by Scott Clark   (Canada)

I wish I'd seen these Skytrax reviews before we travelled. Paris to Prague, and Prague to Athens - and faced 2.5 and 2 hour delays respectively. Delays were longer than actual flights. Unless inside of airports is high on your vacation plans avoid these folks like the plague.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  11 August 2009 by Szabolcs Horvath   (Hungary)

BTS-ORY. Flight delayed 4 hours 30 minutes, assistant on the airport provided us two snacks and a bottle of mineral water. Flew with a white-painted, pretty clean ex-LAL aircraft, friendly staff. ORY-BTS flight delayed 1 hours at first and finally boarded. Then we lost our slot, we were denied to take off. Stayed one more hour on the ground. Same aircraft as before. That week several SkyEurope Airlines flights were delayed up to 5 or 6 six hours in connection with BTS, because one of the SkyEurope Airlines aircraft B737 is forced to stay on ground at Orly because the company has debts. If you go upstairs at Orly (to the Panorama Terrace) and walk to the left side, you can see that aircraft near the hangars. Unless you're flying to a longer holiday, when a few hours doesn't matter, stay away from SkyEurope.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  10 August 2009 by M Sofocleous   (Cyprus)

LCA-VIE-LCA. I found a cheap deal to Vienna (100 rtn) so had low expectations. Flight left and landed on time on both legs and flight attendants pleasant and friendly, despite the fact that flights were late at night. The major let down was the aircraft itself - an ancient, unmarked 737 with broken toilets that, when you're seated at the back, is truly unpleasant. I did not feel particularly safe and comfortable on the flight, so until SkyEurope resolve their financial difficulties and get some decent aircraft, I will continue to pay a little extra to fly with Austrian on that route.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  28 July 2009 by P Hoedemakers   (Netherlands)

Athens to Amsterdam though Vienna. No information regarding our delay of two hours in Athens. Only a dry croissant to eat on board. Bags lost in Vienna. No connecting flight in Vienna to Amsterdam. No refund for accommodation. We eventually travelled by train back from Vienna to Amsterdam. That's a thousand times better then flying with SkyEurope.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  20 July 2009 by M Kitchka   (USA)

This is the worst customer service, employees are not helpful. I asked for a refund for my cancelled flight in March, a month later they e-mailed me saying they issued the refund. It is July and I still have not received any refund. I called today and apparently I need to re- apply for it at the end of the month because they are so in debt they are going under "re- organization". This means that by the time I get my refund it will have been at least 5+ months. completely ridiculous. Also, they never will put you through to a manager.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  20 July 2009 by B Buhl   (Austria)

Vienna-Athens 3 hour delay, no information. Excuse on board was, that the plane was late from it's previous destination. For 3 hours delay, there was a cup of water given. For each piece of luggage, they wanted to have 20€ extra during check in. So the value of the ticket was low, because flying with Olympos would include luggage - therefore the same price. Never again.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  18 July 2009 by J Erwin   (Netherlands)

Never again! I recently flew Sky Europe from Amsterdam to Prague. Scheduled departure from Amsterdam was at 9.20pm - I left at 11.30pm. During the delay there were no announcements - in fact the schedule departure time kept see-sawing back and forth every 20mins - I had no idea when I was going to depart. Once onboard, we were given the reason that the previous flight was delayed and receive complimentary water for our troubles. On the return flight from Prague - same story. The flight was delayed 1 hr 30 mins - again no announcements and same reason given when on board. This airline has cheap tickets but you can always expect to leave late as it seems they simply don't have enough airlines or cut their timetable so short. I would rather the schedule time but 30 mins or 1 hour later - so I didn't have to sit staring at airport walls.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  2 July 2009 by Leo van der Mee   (Netherlands)

AMS-PRG-AMS on 29 June delayed for 3 hours leaving from AMS. Excuse was security problem on Prague airport. Funny enough they gave the same excuse to colleague that flew on June 30 that had exact same delay. It seems that they are doing more routes with fewer airlines which cause (intentional?) delays. Used to be a satisfied customer of SkyEurope with great prices and good and timely service but in recent weeks the service has deteriorated seriously and therefore must now move back to CSA high prices.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  29 June 2009 : by A Bland  (UK)

Prague - Paris Orly. Diabolical shambles. Long delays with no explanation, and this was the case for every SkyEurope flight departing Prague that afternoon. All staff can do is give the email address that other reviewers mention. This airline is going under and it shows big time.

1 2 3