SkyEurope Airlines Passenger Reviews and SkyEurope Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES:  your "one-stop" passenger guide

SkyEurope Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Economy Class Seat reviews

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  20 March 2009 : by N Day  (UK)

Sky Europe are a joke and I would strongly advise anyone considering using them. I booked and paid for flights for 15 people to fly to Prague from Luton in March back in December. In early January I got an email stating that Sky Europe had cancelled my flights and that I had to call them for a refund. After several calls to Slovakia at my expense I was told that a refund would be processed but would take up to 4 weeks (they managed to take my money straight away!). Here I am nearly 8 weeks later with no refund and still 1600 euros out of pocket. After several more hours holding to speak to them in Slovakia at more expense to me all I get told is that it is being processed. Do Not Use Sky Europe they may look cheaper but they are a waste of time and should not be allowed to run an airline.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  20 March 2009 : by John Whitcombe

Trip Rating : 1/10

Original flight booking last July cancelled 3 times. Finally got confirmed booking to Bratislava this March. Attempted to check in on line but could not do so. Did I have to pay extra for a seat to do so? E-mailed the company several times for clarification - no reply so checked in as normal. On the return flight left hotel in Bratislava at 05:00 and caught a tram and bus arriving at the airport at 06:30 for a flight timetabled to leave at 08:40.Initially the flight was delayed until 11:30-no reason given. That became 12:30 and then 13:15 - still no reason given. Finally called to the departure lounge shortly before 13:00, handed in part of the card with seat number on and then left for about half an hour above departure steps. Finally the plane took off at about 13:45 and landed in Luton at 14:10 [local time] - we should have landed at 10:00.The only explanation given on the plane for the delay was that the plane arrived late at Bratislava-strange given that most of the other flights by SkyEurope from that airport were also delayed to varying degrees. Enough said really -never, never again!

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  11 March 2009 : by John Hayler

Trip Rating : 9/10

MAN- BTS 1 inc tax offer about 6 months ago. Check in at Manchester efficient. Boarding was on time. Aircraft they are using out of Manchester is leased from Air Slovakia with a mix of Air Slovakia and SkyEurope crew. The plane was old but seats were very comfortable with about 32" seat pitch. Plane only about 60% full so it meant that had the middle seat free. Staff very attentive and friendly. Return check in and boarding very swift and request for seats at the front of the plane were given. Return flight again on Air Slovakia aircraft. Plane although was branded Belleair. Pleasant surprise when boarded the aircraft and saw that rows 1-3 were only in a 2-2 configuration and featured extra wide business class seats, so effectively had a business class seat on this flight for 1.00 including tax. Staff again very friendly and good inflight ciabatta from the pay for kiosk. I hope this airline does not go under!

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  10 March 2009 : by O Paliy

Trip Rating : 1/10

Three star airline must be a joke! Me and my partner were supposed to fly Vienna - Venice- Treviso. Ten days prior to departure I receive an e-mail informing me that my flight has been canceled. Assuming the worst that the company will go bust, I decided to opt out from re- booking my fight and requested a money refund. After literally dozen of phone calls to the reservation center I found out that my wire request has been approved. After waiting for another two months for money to appear on my account, I decided to e-mail SkyEurope - no answer whatsoever and no money returned! Basically company has stolen my money. This was definitely the last time I had anything to do with SkyEurope.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  10 March 2009 : by Ede Kerek

Trip Rating : 2/10

BTS-ORY-BTS. Cramped, old B737 aquired from FlyLAL, punctual flights, rude cabin crew. I have originally booked VIE-ORY-VIE, but all flights were cancelled.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  6 March 2009 : by A Kitching

Trip Rating : 0/10

Changed timetable and cancelled flight without letting me know - I have stumbled on the information only by chance! Their excuse - it was only announced a few days ago! I still fail to see why they wouldn't inform the people who have booked flights with them straight away. Now I am awaiting a collapse of the airline even before I fly. Do not use them until their financial problems are sorted out.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  28 February 2009 : by J Vinales

Trip Rating : 0/10

I was meant to fly with friends from Luton to Kosice with SkyEurope in Jan, however after being delayed for an hour we were informed that our flight was now on an Bulgaria Air aircraft. This plane had to be at least 30 years old (737-300), and was basically falling apart. We were given no apologies or explanations until quite a few people on the flight started to complain about the poor service. All in all totally awful service. Do not use Skyeurope - apart from having rubbish customer they use terrible aircraft from other countries.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  27 February 2009 : by John Hayler

Trip Rating : 7/10

LTN-PRG-LTN. Was apprehensive about using them, considering all the recently well documented financial problems and other problems with planes being returned to the leaser. However having booked a 1.00 each way including tax offer to Prague 8 months ago, I was not too fussed if the airline had gone under before I travelled, as I would not have lost out. Had my original return flights cancelled a few weeks before departure due to the re-organisation that SkyEurope have had to do as a result of the loss of 2/3rds of the fleet, but was able to rebook without any problems free of charge. Check in was standard and staff were friendly, although annoying that travelling with hand luggage could not use the online check in from Luton. Allocated seating which is a bonus, and quick to board, with flights leaving on time. The flights out and back were on an Air Bulgaria plane leased to SkyEurope at the moment, so had seen better days, about 29" seat pitch and leather seats. Staff were friendly and the plane was about 90 percent full. Same for the return journey back on Monday morning, was able to try the online check in, but the website kept crashing on me so had to check in at desk. Hardly any queues at Ruyzne airport and again boarding was efficient. On time arrival at Luton. Would be interesting to see what one of their usual fleet is like as I understand they have been offering a very good service before the recent travels. An okay low cost experience, especially given the current circumstances.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  28 January 2009 : by Tony Demeare

Trip Rating : 0/10

Once a great flight, so we booked again. Amsterdam - Prague, booked 4 months ahead, now they seem not to fill the flight enough and hence despite the OK status on the ticket, cancelled the flight entirely. The cancellation charges for the hotel - your problem, refund for the flight - takes up to 2 months on average. Book at your own risk!

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  28 January 2009 : by Chris Koloszar

Trip Rating : 0/10

Sky Europe, are absolutely rogues. I booked a flight for Feb/March 2009 to Prague from Amsterdam for my birthday weekend away with my wife. I get an email last week stating that they have cancelled the flight. Fair enough, they cancelled, I write an email to the Sales office requesting a refund back. I attached a copy of the booking and reference number, and a copy of there no_reply email stating the cancellation. Guess What? I get an email after a week: "Dear Sir/Madam, Regarding your request, I am sending the list of data required to issue the refund. Please provide all the requested data otherwise the refund could not be made. Please send me a written refund request with (1) Reservation confirmation number (2) Name(s) of passenger(s), who will not/did not fly (3) Reason for refund (4) Card number the reservation was paid with (must be still valid) (5) Name and contact address of the cardholder". Who do they think they are, don't they know you never attach your Visa Card details to an email! It's a wonder they didn't ask for my PIN number. And what's this having to give a reason for a refund when they cancelled the flight in the first place. Try calling any of their numbers, especially the sales office at 0.55 euro cents a minute, they put you on hold deliberately for 10 minutes while they rack up more money out of you. I don't think I will be using them again, I certainly will discourage all my known contacts to avoid them like the plague!

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  26 January 2009 : by M Martin

Trip Rating : 0/10

Avoid at all costs! In October I booked a group to travel to Bratislava from Luton . Our original lunchtime flight was cancelled so we now had to fly in the evening. Then my credit card had an extra 110 appear on it as an extra transaction for no reason (this was refunded by c/c company as fraudulent transaction). On the day of flight (22nd January 2009) we checked in to find we were travelling via Manchester - adding extra 2 hours to journey. Boarded to find we were on very old Air Slovakia plane with tiny seats. Journey home on 26th January was chaotic boarding, with again old cramped Air Slovakia plane (where have all the Sky Europe planes gone?). To finish the experience my suitcase had been rummaged through. Poorest airline I have ever used and they never answer emails.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  25 January 2009 : by D Haszczyn

Trip Rating : 2/10

Now using cruddy Air Slovakia aircraft with no legroom as SkyEurope Airlines have lost 6 aircraft. They give no information. I boarded last week a flight from Luton to Bratislava, on time so was happy for a while, my wife even asked at check whether we would be landing at Prague or something silly but they laughed and said of course not. Got on the plane and their were passengers already on board who informed us we were flying to Manchester first. Seats were chaos - flew to Manchester, arrived 2 hours late. Apparently this is the new norm so beware - you won't get to the city until 1.30am if the plane is on time now.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  9 January 2009 : by I Cosma

Trip Rating : 0/10

They moved one the flight in October, and I opted for a refund. They didn't return my money so far arguing by various lies. After the first 2 weeks one call center operator said that they didn't get my mail - after another week the same. I sent fax paper on 2nd December. They sent me an email assuring that I will get my money back in 2 weeks. After these 2 weeks still nothing - and another operator said that they have "some" problems. Today 7th January my wife phoned again, and got a different answer. Now they said that they changed the bank and that we will get our money back maybe in January.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  6 January 2009 : by P Pazitka

4 Star Rating

LTN-BTS-LTN. Check-in fast, flights slightly delayed. Have been using the airline for almost 6 years, four/five times a year and have flown to many of their European destinations. Modern aircraft and good service.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  28 December 2008 : by Dave Long

4 Star Rating

MAN-KSC, KSC-BTS-MAN. New aircraft, friendly cabin crew, leather seats and for a few euros extra you can chose your seat! At first their punctuality wasn't good but now it seems to have greatly improved!

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  22 December 2008 : by Shannon Garrant

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

Bucharest-Vienna-Bucharest on Boeing 737-700. Service good and enjoyed the food. However seat assignment is terrible. You cant even select a seat for free at check in. Terrible!

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  30 November 2008 : by Terry Stokes

4 Star Rating

AMS-PRG VIE-AMS This was my first experience with this airline. Both flights were on tiime. Inflight service was good with surprisingly happy flight attendants. Not a great amount of leg room but seats were comfortable. The best budget airline I've experienced in Europe.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  19 November 2008 : by Dave Jaros

4 Star Rating

PRG-LTN-PRG day return for bargain price. Outbound web-checked, so no queue at the airport in morning, fast boarding through bridge, departure 5 mins behind, landing on time. LF about 60%, young smiling but professional crew. Flight info from cockpit given (English captain!). Return on evening after long weekend, so LF this time over 80%. Had to check-in as this airline do not support www for LTN departures (considering the time for travelling from city, it is a bit outdated attitude). Received emergency exit seats w/o asking, arriving plane on time, boarding delayed (two stairs provided but most passengers in dark headed for first door. Upon landing the delay was made up to 10 mins only (great, otherwise many people would miss their last tube service for city). Again polite crew, clean planes (however carpets in ER already worn in some points).

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  7 November 2008 : by E Kalatsidis

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

Very cheap fares, though terrible ground handling, ATH-PRG-ATH. I booked and payed for seat assignment, but at check in in ATH (where Skyeurope has OA handling for ground handling), the seats I had booked were already given. Check in personnel said I should send an email to Skyeurope and will not have any problems to get a refund for the money paid for seat assignment. In PRG no problem at all, we got the seats that were booked. Although I sent 3 emails to skyeurope, neither reply, nor money were returned. Flight was ok, didnt try any food, so no opinion on that.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  11 October 2008 : by D Bielli

4 Star Rating

PRG-Milan. I paid about $40 for the ticket, which was by far the cheapest ticket. They are an efficient airline. We were on time - planes are Boeing 737 NG's and clean and great customer service. I would recommend them. Hope they can survive the current dire credit situation.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  6 October 2008 : by Michael Kinghorn

Customer Rating : 5/5

5 Star Rating

I booked up with SkyEurope for a return trip from Luton to Prague, flying out at 08:55hrs and arriving back at 19:55hrs. At just 20.00 return (including all taxes and charges), this airline offered unbeatable value for money and the service distinguished it from other low cost carriers. Both flights operated by modern and clean Boeing 737-700s, with comfortable leather seats and generous legroom. At check-in, seats are assigned, so there is not the rush and panic for the best seats on the aircraft, and for those with internet access, online check-in is available - though only from selected airports. Like most airlines these days, drinks and snacks can be purchased on board at reasonable prices, as can the usual assortment of duty free items. The SkyEurope experience was perfect and not only superior to other low cost airlines but also better than some full fare carriers.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  2 October 2008 : by J Stefl

Customer Rating : 1/5

1 Star Rating

Had a reservation for Monday night, Sept. 29, 2008 Brusells-Prague. Come to the airport learned the flight cancelled. Upon inquiry at their service desk regarding the options, given two phone numbers and told to make a reservation if I want to get home. One was Skyeurope.com number in Bratislava, the other local (Belgian) number of CSAirlines. Both paid numbers. No explanation, no help. You are on your own. Obviously, the company is not familiar with its legal responsibilities toward the customers. It raises concerns what other areas of the air transport business they may be missing. I'll think twice about travelling with them again.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  1 October 2008 : by Benjamin Kovac

Customer Rating : 3/5

3 Star Rating

I am flying with SkyEurope very often as does my partner on the London-Slovakia route. The booking process or customer service experience is not as one would expect from a growing international company, although their web portal is much better than it was last year, but there still seem to be problems and especially crashes .The big but is their customer service, which is I think a huge blow - last time I have contacted them I got no reply. Also there seemed to be a chaos around the new baggage tariffs - after it came into force, they were still not charging their customers for about 3 months (if you didnt choose at booking time) and confused them including myself and then suddenly started charging almost double amount at the airport if you did not tick at the time of booking.

1 2 3