SkyEurope Airlines Passenger Reviews and SkyEurope Airlines Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES:  your "one-stop" passenger guide

SkyEurope Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Economy Class Seat reviews

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  17 June 2009 : by M Neuman  (Netherlands)

AMS-PRG-AMS. very pleasant, flights on time (even early), friendly flight assistants, reasonable prices for onboard catering.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  14 June 2009 : by S Anders  (Netherlands)

Refunds for cancelled flights. I waited 6 months for a refund for a Skyeurope flight which they cancelled for some obscure reason - but they did pay eventually so don't give up. Very similar experience to others re: phone calls (unable to talk to anyone with authority), unacknowledged emails and the odd 'stretch of the imagination' broken promise here and there etc - I would have spent more $ in time than the cost of the actual tickets but there was the principle that they simply should not be allowed to get away with not refunding (to be clear - at no stage did they ever state that they would not make the refund however). Anyway, consider approaching your local Denied Boarding agency for help and also bear in mind the Regulation EC 261/2004 which establishes the 'common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of denied boarding and of cancellation or long delay flights'. You have rights! Good luck and be patient.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  10 June 2009 : by Tibor Gunther  (Hungary)

On 6th April 2009. my wife and I were denied to get on the flight from Manchester to Bratislava, for overbooking. We got absolutely no help from skyeurope to be able to get home as soon as possible. We got only an email address where we could send our complaints. After 65 days we still do not have any answer for our complaints, and the company did not do anything for our compensation (however I have had several phone calls, emails to them).

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  8 June 2009 : by C Elliott  (UK)

I can only echo the comments made here about the problems with getting a refund - I've now been waiting for 7 weeks after they cancelled our flight just before we were due to fly, having already previously changed the times! I have rung 5 times, and subsequently e-mailed their Complaints Department twice with no response. I have now contacted ny credit card company for their help - here's hoping. Our one previous flight with them was fine (despite another change of times for that one too) but I will never risk flying with them again.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  6 June 2009 : by Jane Tigue  (UK)

Flights cancelled to Prague - was then told refund for flights had been passed for payment on 7th April and still not received 2 months later! Customer service ?

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  28 May 2009 : by Bryan Hunter  (UK)

I agree with other people - SkyEurope are thieves. I had a flight to Prague in April 2009 cancelled 3 days before the flight. They offered another flight but never mentioned the option of a refund. I checked on the internet about my rights and learned I was entitled to a refund + compensation of 250Euros per person. I contacted them requesting the refund and 8 weeks later I have seen no money from them and they have ignored all emails regarding the compensation.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  28 May 2009 : by B Jones  (UK)

Travelled with SkyEurope in February. Flight out to Poprad was fine. Flight back was hell on earth. Flight was cancelled and no help was given by the staff. No assistance with taxis or hotels or rebooking flights. Managed to get another flight booked the next day but had to travel 5 hours by train to Bratislava. Have been trying to obtain a refund but they are not interested. SkyEurope can be cheap but their customer service is awful. As they are based in Slovakia it is very difficult to obtain a refund or deal with customer services.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  27 May 2009 : by X Stavropulos  (Austria)

We booked a flight before Christmas with Sky Europe from Vienna to Paris. It was a very good offer and as my family and some friends wanted to go to a wedding in France we took the flight together. However, in March we got an e-mail, saying that our flights were canceled with the possibility to rebook another flight or to get refund. So I called at Bratislava on my expenses to cancel the flights and to get the money back. Well, 2 months and 3 additional calls later, nothing has happened. I just got the answer that it takes longer these days and they gave me an e-mail address to complain - lets see, hope is gone to get my 500 Euro back. I wouldn't recommend to book with Sky Europe, they are pirates!

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  18 May 2009 : by M Sweeney  (Australia)

Have a reservation VIE-ATH in July 09 prepaid. Reading these reviews, especially on cancellations, we have booked with another airline to avoid stuff-ups to our tight itinerary. And so have done our money withSkyEurope Airlines - perhaps they may now be able to pass on some of the cancellation refunds to the hapless travellers we read about.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  11 May 2009 : by R Gustaw  (UK)

LTN-PRG-LTN : not a reliable airline. They changed twice my flights both ways (on bank holiday weekend when a lot of people from UK go to Prague), cutting off 2 days from my holiday. They gave me an alternative of rebooking for the next day flight or return money (not an option as hotel booked and meeting with friends arranged). Flying another airline wasn't an option as tickets were very expensive 7 days prior the flight. I had to take I more day off from work, pay an extra night in hotel, they did not even grant me with free seat assignment as a courtesy. Their problems came from operational backgrounds as they dont even fly with their own planes. They dont deserve 3 star grade. I have totally lost confidence in to this airline and will never try them again, prefer to pay a bit more but have a decent service.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  27 April 2009 : by Evgenios Kalatsidis  (Greece)

ATH-VIE-ATH. Efficient check in on the first leg, full flight, but boarded and left the gate just in time. Seats fine, food and drinks are reasonably priced. We arrived to the airport for the return flight just 20 minutes before the departure, but the check in agent managed to get us into the flight, taking the luggage together on board ( lost some liquids on security though). Generally a nice experience for 76 euro ticket price.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  19 April 2009 : by S Jones  (Australia)

We had our flight Vienna to Amsterdam cancelled with short notice during our holiday. With few other flight options at times suitable to us, we requested a refund - though SkyEurope was very keen to have us take a voucher, but being based in Australia it is unlikely we will be in Europe again in the near future and would never touch this airline again. We have been waiting three months for our refund, with no response to emails, calls to the reservation centre or letters sent. I would strongly advise anyone thinking of using this airline to reconsider. Their service is terrible.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  15 April 2009 : by E Monnati  (Italy)

We checked in online on April 2 and printed our boarding passes. We arrived at the airport on time. We went through the security check fine but as we were boarding the hostess scanned our tickets but said there was a problem and it seemed we were not on the passenger list. She told us to wait until everyone was boarded to finally make a few checks. She still couldn't see our names on the passenger's list so she called the booking center which confirmed we had the reservation and we had paid our tickets but still we were not on the passenger's list. Last thing she did was to call the captain and ask if she could check us in one by one manually but as it was already time for the plane to leave he refused and we were denied boarding.

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  6 April 2009 : by John Adams  (UK)

A few years ago we flew Stansted to Bratislava and back from Poprad Tatry. Everything then was fine. Not any more. Our trip from Luton to Prague was cancelled as part of their "adaptation and harmonization of our route network and timetable". The email instructed me to phone Bratislava for either a refund or booking an alternative flight. I asked for refund. The clerk was not too happy about that and said I must send an email with my credit card details. There was no explanation as to why they no longer had my card details. Over the last two months I have sent three emails and I am still waiting for the refund, which they initially said had been sent to their financial department for processing. Six weeks ago they said they have "a huge number of refunds awaiting processing. I hope their flight maintenance department is more efficient than their finance department. Why does the EU allow this airline to continue to operate when it takes money for flights which it subsequently cancels and then fails to provide refunds?

SKYEUROPE AIRLINES review :  26 March 2009 : by R Eveleens  (Netherlands)

AMS-PRG-AMS. All flights were still on their 737NG planes. I cannot complain about them for this trip, at other booked trips they did cancel some of my trips, but I managed to change them via email in a week or so. It would be sad if they would go under, right now the future doesn't look to bright since they offering a comfortable and cheap way to Central Europe, that said, if they cannot manage to make reliable flight schedules and cancel flights all the time people would walk away from them.

1 2 3