Skybus Airlines Passenger Reviews and Skybus Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Airport Reviews : A-Z Index

Customer Review scoring : Skybus Airlines
6.6 out of 10  6.6 out of 10

Add your Review

SKYBUS AIRLINES customer review :  16 February 2012 by Simon Ek   (Sweden)

Newquay-St Mary's (Scilly Isles). Even though the flight was delayed 6 hours we finally made it to Scilly. The captain went through the safety details before takeoff in the DHC-6, and we landed firmly with crosswinds and light turbulence on St Mary's. A very nice flight, nice crew and great views!

SKYBUS AIRLINES customer review :  27 June 2011 by Chris Trevarthen   (UK)

ISC-LEQ. Very short flight, about 10 mins I think! No choice of seating as passengers are weighed prior to take-off so the plane is balanced. The captain doubled-up as the flight attendant, and was very friendly and chatty. Amazing views across the Atlantic and coming over Lands End and Crows-an-Wra. Facilities at either end are somewhat basic but you can't expect much else. No complaints whatsoever.

SKYBUS AIRLINES review :  27 March 2008 by M DeMuch   (USA)

1 Star Rating

Coach

Columbus to Punta Gorda. Return leg was almost comical - seems they only have one moveable flight of stairs in Punta Gorda. Not good when you have two planes arriving at the same time. We got to the airport and waited while they deplaned and boarded the plane next to our plane. Well almost an hour later they moved the stairs to our plane - what was amazing was the incoming passengers on this flight were still sitting on the plane 60 minutes after they arrived! So we waited, and waited, we finally boarded and took off 90 minutes after scheduled departure time. Also note that there is no customer service center for this airline. They also have a very annoying practice of asking "who on this flight got the $10 fares?" We paid over $400 for our tickets - I certainly could care if the guy next to me paid over $200 less. This airline is just not worth it. The only thing going for it is if you're lucky enough to get one of the cheap tickets - any ticket priced over $30/leg, I'd opt for any other carrier.

SKYBUS AIRLINES review :  12 March 2008 by E Carter   (USA)

1 Star Rating

Coach

I don't know who said there was enough leg room because if you are over 5'6" you better sit in an exit isle if you want enough leg room. This means you probably need to pay for priority boarding. We have flown this airline 4 or 5 times now and will never fly it again. Our last trip was to San Diego which they will no longer be flying to. The flight in was delayed due to fog. They had to divert to another airport that they do not fly at so they spent several hours filling out paperwork before the plane finally got to Columbus. Instead of letting us then leave, they decided to give our plane to other people who were having mechanical problems and told us we could leave the next morning. So if your flight gets delayed or has problems you are screwed till the next day. If you fly with a major airline they will do everything they can to get you out that day if they are having issues. This is why I will not fly Skybus again.

SKYBUS AIRLINES review :  10 March 2008 by John Pelham   (USA)

Coach

Flown twice between Chattanooga & Columbus. Aircraft clean, seats comfortable and flight crews attentive. A pleasant experience and I'd recommend Skybus to anyone. It's 'no frills' - but you don't feel it as much as on some other carriers.

SKYBUS AIRLINES review :  15 February 2008 by Brian Robinson   (USA)

Coach

Two roundtrips on SX, GSO-PSM in both cases. The planes are new, service is friendly and I don't object to the sales pitch. Facilities at PSM are basic but work OK and PSM is a good arrival point for most of the greater Boston area. Not having to deal with BOS is a huge advantage.

SKYBUS AIRLINES review :  13 January 2008 by J Kruk   (USA)

Coach

St Augastine Florida to Columbus Ohio. The plane is comfortable, large leather seats with lots of legroom. Check in quick. One thing though the airport terminal open around 3 hours before the flights. I drove out early to check in but was unable since the terminal was closed. I did not have computer access which would of been easier. They also need to post on the sites more information on hotels within a mile or two of their terminals and rental cars within area. I noticed enterprise pick up a few people at St Augastine which was not advertised on the site.

Skybus - by Doug Jennings

20 September 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 3 Star Rating

FLL-CMH. the latest US start-up airline that is embracing the very low cost/high restriction fare - ala carte pricing for checked bags and everything for sale onboard model. My morning flight left Ft. Lauderdale on time and arrived in Columbus a few minutes early. I had checked in online and needed no assistance as i was not checking a bag. The friendly flight attendants offered a sales catalog after boarding and customers had a large selection of food and drink items as well as duty-free type personal items (jewelry/perfumes) also for sale. My return flight was delayed on landing and then reported a problem with the pilot's radio, which was a surprise given that the airline operates a brand-new fleet of narrow body Airbus. Finally, after a delay of more than 4 hours, we boarded another aircraft that had arrived late from another city and finally made it home by 2:15 a.m. On this flight all entree items were sold out and only snack items were available to eat. Customers were not offered any sort of compensation for the delayed flight, just apologies from the airport and inflight crew.

Add your Review