Silverjet Passenger Reviews and Silverjet Customer Trip Reports

Customer Review scoring : Silverjet
8.7 out of 10  8.7 out of 10

Add your Review

30 MAY 2008 : SILVERJET SUSPENDS OPERATIONS AND GOES INTO ADMINISTRATION

SILVERJET review :  21 May 2008 by John Prentice     (UK)

5 Star Rating

Just back from return trip to Dubai. It was everything we hoped it would be. From the moment we stepped through the door at the Silverjet Lounge in Luton to arriving in Dubai it was smiles and excellent service from all the staff. It was the same on the return trip. On the outward flight with the window blinds closed it was hard to believe that we were actually on a plane. The food and drink served on board were excellent. We shall certainly use Silverjet again to return to Dubai.

SILVERJET review :  18 May 2008 by S Kendall     (UK)

5 Star Rating

Luton to Newark return - absolutely fantastic. First class service from first class staff . An absolute pleasure to fly with Silverjet and well worth travelling down from North Yorkshire. No complaints whatsoever, only praise.

SILVERJET review :  17 May 2008 by John Lewisohn     (UK)

5 Star Rating

Return flight to Dubai in May. The whole experience, from arrival at Silverjet terminal, flight itself, arrival in private terminal in Dubai and the return journey was a delight. The flights arrived early in both cases, the in-flight service was exceptional, food was excellent and the seat, although a bit narrower than some other business class flights, was fine too. The best aspect is the private terminal in Dubai, just having to avoid the main terminal and all associated hassle makes such a difference. I hope the airline goes from strength to strength whilst keeping the excellent prices under 1,000.

SILVERJET review :  11 May 2008 by Roger Green     (UK)

5 Star Rating

Fantastic flight to Dubai last week, excellent lounge and on board service both ways. Am glad that the cash injection will help them stay around.

SILVERJET review :  1 May 2008 by Andrew Chesher     (UK)

5 Star Rating

Excellent flight to and from EWR last week. Great service in the lounge and in the air, on time both ways.

SILVERJET review :  23 April 2008 by Sue Parkinson     (UK)

5 Star Rating

An excellent trip with Silverjet to Dubai - the lounge was a wonderful haven and the check-in process really can't be beaten. On-board the seat was comfortable, if somewhat narrow, but no rival for BA CW or Virgin UC - however, as fares can be more similar to their premium economy products, it really is fantastic for what you are paying. Other small things - the on-board entertainment was a little limited, and would have benefited from more variety and the central tables could have done with being a little wider to accommodate the consoles. My main criticism would be the time it took to serve the food on the night flight to Dubai - given that it's a relatively short flight, taking 2 hours to serve the food really isn't acceptable as this leaves very little time for sleep. Perhaps Silverjet could consider taking food bookings during the check-in process, and have the food heated up ready for departure. Having said that the food was tasty, certainly better than some of the appalling meals found in Virgin UC. The lounge in Dubai was very crowded when we arrived and didn't have the greatest selection of food or drink, but the immigration process was at least stress free - as long as you are not the last to be getting your passport back. It was pleasing to see that the plane was nearly full - and seemed to contain a mix of business and leisure passengers. I hope Silverjet succeed as, despite the niggles, they really were a wonderful way to travel.

SILVERJET review :  13 April 2008 by Peter Baynham     (UK)

3 Star Rating

Luton to Dubai return. Don't rely on the Silverjet car service to pick you up in Dubai, they admitted to me after it failed to show up at my hotel that they were having problems with it. Also seats do not fold fully flat and if you are tall like me difficult to get comfortable. At Dubai the aircraft sometimes has to park a long way from the VIP terminal and means a long bus ride. Terminal too small it has to hold arriving and departing passengers at the same time so you may not have anywhere to even sit. Terminal at Luton quite crowded, not always easy to find a seat. A disappointing experience if you have paid the full flexi fare price. If you have got a saver ticket then fair value.

SILVERJET review :  13 April 2008 by Matthew Furneaux     (UK)

3 Star Rating

I've just endured a night of going nowhere except a 2 hour flight over the English countryside. The Dubai flight was due to depart at 2155 and we boarded on time. We then sat on the plane for 3 hours while a fault was fixed. I should say at this point that the crew were excellent and served us all whatever we wanted from the bar, and did their best to provide information. When we finally took off the pilot soon broke the news that the fault had re-occured during take off and we had to return to Luton, after burning off some fuel, hence the flight going no-where. When back on the ground at 0400 the ground crew really tried their best to provide options, but when you have such a tiny fleet, these options didnt include transfering to another plane sadly. And that sums up Silverjet I think. When it works it really is fantastic. When there are problems, although the staff are first class, they simply do not have the infrastructure to properly deal with it.

SILVERJET review :  5 April 2008 by Nick Langford     (UK)

5 Star Rating

Luton to Dubai. Great experience with Silverjet to Dubai. At Luton we chose valet parking and left the car outside the door of the Silverjet lounge. Lounge at Luton is great, better than BA club lounges. The plane was 90% full which was good to see because Silverjet deserve to succeed. At Dubai you get off the plane , bus to VIP terminal, sit down in the lounge while they stamp your passport and then you leave, luggage lined up outside, ready to go in the car! ten times better that the usual Dubai terminal experience. Return flight was very relaxed, cabin crew excellent. food was very good. got off the plane at Luton, walked to baggage reclaim , cases already there, walked out of terminal to find car waiting 50 m from the door. Excellent! My only criticism would the poor selection on the inflight entertainment but that is certainly not a big deal. I would recommend Silverjet for Dubai over Virgin, Emirates or BA. I still have my luggage!

SILVERJET review :  4 April 2008 by Leon Mills     (UK)

4 Star Rating

LUT - EWR Return. My second round trip to the US with Silverjet in 6 months.This time around I used the transfer taxis from Parkway station, there was one waiting and I was transferred to the terminal immediately. Lounge and check in at Luton once again a unique experience. I would recommend that you put your US first night address via the online check in, I think it just makes the whole process even more straightforward in the lounge as the staff literally just have to get your boarding card. Outbound there were pre-flight drinks and the seat was fine. I worked for 5 hours using the in seat power for my laptop. Inbound I was on the late flight but it turned out they had cancelled the earlier flight and so combined the two so the late flight was full, all but 4 seats. As mentioned previously this places a bit of a stretch on the Newark lounge. On board I spotted some empty seats behind me and asked if they could be used but was told there were not working properly, they later sprung to life and I was moved to two empty seats enabling me to spread out. Overall another excellent Silverjet experience. The day after I got back I read in the business news that they haven't yet posted a profit but have made their lowest loss so far after flying for just over a year.

SILVERJET review :  2 April 2008 by A Miller-Chan     (UK)

5 Star Rating

I flew with my four and a half year old daughter on the 10am flight to Newark. This was our 3rd flight with Silverjet. As our previous experience with them was so exceptional; and we had a very tight three night turnaround; we opted once again to fly with them. My husband drove us through a blizzard to the terminal on the morning of the flight. As we expected, there was a delayed take-off due to the need for de-icing. The ground crew were delightful and allowed my husband to join us for coffee before we boarded. Once onboard I enquired about the child pack for my daughter. I was told that you now give these out in the terminal. Flight crew were very apologetic and I was assured that one would be waiting for us upon arrival, and it was! The last 45 minutes of the flight were extremely turbulent. I have never been sick during air travel before but actually became hideously sick during landing. I was terribly embarrassed and also concerned for my daughter as I knew she was frightened. The cabin crew were all so supportive, kind and reassuring. They were professional and helped my daughter as well. I was met at the plane with a wheelchair by a wonderful young woman. She took care of everything right up until I got into the town car and reassured my young daughter all the way through. On our return to Newark for the 7:30 return flight to Luton we were greeted by the same young woman who had assisted me, and the other ground crew. We were greeted by name and asked how I was feeling. The flight to Luton was excellent and I my daughter and I both slept for 5 hours. We arrived early to Luton and it was wonderful to be able to return to the terminal where we were greeted once again by name! Is the lounge or the seat as good as Virgin upper, no; but the service and check in is superior. One thing to note is how child friendly they are. Silverjet now offers a child discount on all tickets as well. I am looking forward to my next flight with them in July.

SILVERJET review :  27 March 2008 by Terry Morris     (UK)

5 Star Rating

Luton-Dubai. We found the whole experience a delight, from the moment you arrive at the Silverjet lounge at Luton you are being looked after. Cabin crew were attentive and helpful. On arrival in Dubai we still felt we were being treated as special.

SILVERJET review :  17 March 2008 by A Murray     (UK)

5 Star Rating

LTN-EWR Return. We just flew this airline for the first time and can strongly recommend it. We caught a train (frequent service) to Luton Parkway from central London and were transferred to the Silverjet terminal by complimentary taxi. All relatively straightforward. Check in was the best I have ever experienced- staff take your passport and whilst you sit in the lounge enjoying breakfast, they complete the check in procedure. Very stress free. Our outgoing flight was an hour late in departing due to adverse weather conditions but passengers were kept updated and the pilot himself came into the lounge to introduce himself and explain what was happening. This was representative of the whole experience - staff friendly (they ask onboard how you wish to be addressed) and courteous but informal which is a very pleasant departure from other airlines I have been on. Food was better on the outbound leg and the departure lounge in New York is a little small but overall this was one of the best airline experiences I have ever had and despite the inconvenience of leaving from Luton, will certainly be using them again. Re previous comments about passenger numbers - our flights were both running at about 80% full - I only hope that this continues to improve as this airline deserves to succeed.

SILVERJET review :  27 February 2008 by B Greenberg     (USA)

5 Star Rating

EWR-LTN return. I strongly recommend Silverjet. The check-in procedure is a revelation. No check- in counters, Silverjet staff takes your baggage and passports, invites you to sit in their private lounge, and bring you your boarding pass. Onboard service was excellent. Seats extend to flat, but not to fully horizontal. On evening flight from NY, food service was quick, allowing an overnight sleep. Both flights approximately 75% full. Luton Airport may be a bit far from London compared to Heathrow, but with the expedited boarding at Silverjets private terminal, the total time door to departure is the same. This is biz class for less than half the price of the majors. Give it a try.

SILVERJET review :  21 February 2008 by J Morris     (USA)

3 Star Rating

LTN-DXB. Check-in and boarding at Luton was incredibly easy and personal, and the private terminal was very comfortable and spacious, with very nice shower facilities (food not worth mentioning). This makes up for the headache of accessing Luton airport from Central London. Onboard, food was below par. The cabin, although comfortable and new, was nearly empty on this flight. Arrival at the VIP terminal in itself almost makes the entire trip worth it, as there is no hassle or waiting in Dubai's notorious passport control queues. However, there was some confusion in finding where to go, as this is currently the only commercial airline that uses this terminal and Silverjet staffing here was sparse. After wandering into a private waiting area, a few of us were ushered upstairs by a non- Silverjet employee to the correct facility. Agents casually take your boarding passes and return them to you as you relax in the very upscale facility. However, their Dubai lounge inconveniently lacks shower facilities, and the staff is not subtle about rushing you out, as they have shift focus to greeting departing passengers going back to Luton. Silverjet has some issues to iron out, but overall is a product worth giving a try.

SILVERJET review :  17 February 2008 by M Joseph     (UK)

5 Star Rating

I flew Silverjet for the first time. A fantastic level of service from start to finish. Excellent airport lounge, away from the crowds and with Silverjet passengers able to enjoy a range of food, wine, champagne, fruit juices, newspapers, and facilities such as showers. The service onboard is as good as the best with personal entertainment systems, and friendly yet professional service. The meals onboard were delicious.

Add your Review