SilkAir Passenger Reviews and SilkAir Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4

SilkAir Customer review :  25 March 2013 by Eric Lim    (Singapore)

SIN-PEN on A320. Did online check-in and selected my preferred seat but only learned from the check-in counter staff that my seat got changed because 'Silkair changed the aircraft type'. All I know is Silkair only flies on A310/320, since when it has different aircraft type other than the single aisle aircraft? Anyway I was in a hurry, never argue with the staff. On time departure, no IFE as expected. Basic snack with only coffee, tea or orange juice, OK for 1 hr 10 mins flight. Overall, the service was as good as budget airline (TR and AK) with extra legroom.

SilkAir Customer review :  9 March 2013 by Gem Pradhan    (Australia)

Kathmandu to Singapore, I felt harassed in the check-in counter. They weighed my cabin bag twice. Staff at KTM airport are rude and not trained to deal with customers. In-flight service was not bad, not enough staff to serve. Food quality is poor. Need to improve overall.

SilkAir Customer review :  6 March 2013 by Emmanuel Cuignet    (France)

SIN-HKT. The service was adequate. The cabin crew were young and had a poor level of English. We were served a hot dish and there were TV screens. This is above European flights handled by European carriers for a similar duration (90 mins). The seats were more comfortable than on some European carriers' long hauls.

SilkAir Customer review :  19 February 2013 by Amit Sarkar    (Canada)

Return trip from Singapore to Kolkata (India). Silent (no audio) entertainment system, narrow seats, food was not good, missed luggage (though I had about 15 hrs layover/connecting time at Changi). Chaotic customer service at Kolkata regarding missed luggage. I would not recommend SilkAir to anyone!

SilkAir Customer review :  18 February 2013 by Roger Chen    (Singapore)

Flew Silk Air on the return trip from CCU-SIN. It was cheaper by 150 SGD compared to Singapore Airlines. For 150$ less, there was no personal inflight entertainment. I guess, for a night flight of 4 hours if you plan to sleep, it is $150 worth saving. Return flight during the winter in the northern hemisphere is moved forward by an hour, which meant it reached Singapore at 4.30 am, which was too early. During summer it arrives at 5.30 am, and I can catch a taxi at 6am without paying taxi surcharge. I have no major complaints and would recommend Silk Air as long as it is cheaper than Singapore Airlines.

SilkAir Customer review :  6 February 2013 by R Ravi    (Singapore)

Flight from Coimbatore to Singapore. While inflight service is fair, ground staff were rude and arrogant. Staff at check-in counter refused to allow my laptop bag since I already had a handbag. Then the manager/supervisor came and I explained to him and then they allowed it after weighing and checking my laptop bag. They refused to allow not even a kilo above the baggage allowance for other passengers and I observed the passengers discarding luggage content to reduce the weight. In my many years of travelling I have not see such rude staff.

SilkAir Customer review :  29 January 2013 by L Ha    (Australia)

SIN-KCH. Pleasant short one hour plus flight. Cabin crew were very friendly and the pilot was a little humorous which brightened up the day and ease the atmosphere. I mean, I agree that we all want our flights and journey to be as fun, comfortable as possible. Little gestures from the entire team, in collaboration with SilkAir's newly-launched campaign make me look forward to my next trip with SilkAir!

SilkAir Customer review :  9 January 2013 by R Douglass    (Australia)

We flew as a family of 5 from SIN-HKT-SIN. All flights left on time. Actually quite impressed with the level of service offered, and the professionalism of the crew. The meal/snack was of a great quality. The planes were new looking and seats were more than adequate, remembering I am 6ft3 and 120kg, I felt easily accommodated. Check in process quick and easy, however was surprised that the check in at HKT only opened 1hr 50min before the flight departure time - I do not think this is normal, maybe a staffing issue that day. I can easily recommend Silkair.

SilkAir Customer review :  8 January 2013 by J Rui    (Singapore)

Flew Singapore-Davao-Singapore with return leg via Cebu. Check-in was quick both in Singapore and Davao, flights on time and service was great with Captain informing passengers of flight path. Entertainment ok for a short flight but can be better. Food was excellent to Davao but tasteless going back to Singapore. SilkAir should improve managing their lines for transiting passengers in Cebu as travellers were cutting in the lines to the boarding lounge and the airline should put up signs for transiting passengers as some followed those disembarking in Cebu. Cosy and warm atmosphere despite being a full flight. Will fly SilkAir again.

SilkAir Customer review :  8 January 2013 by R Davidson    (UK)

REP-DAD. Short flight on lovely and clean A320. No food served but given extra orange juice when requested. Service was fantastic. My mother had a broken collar bone and was offered an extra pillow on three separate occasions! Would highly recommend even though flight was late taking off.

SilkAir Customer review :  13 December 2012 by A Dobson    (Australia)

Booked over 6 months in advance for our tickets from Singapore to Koh Samui. This was the first flight with Silk Air and possibly the last. Food was very ordinary on the flight to Samui. We didn't eat it. Flight was okay apart from that but return flight was very poor. Despite booking together and being husband and wife, we were placed in separate seats, to make matters worse, at the rear, near the toilets. Admittedly it was a busy flight but the staff didn't seem to care. 'It's only a 1.5 hour flight' was the response when I asked if we could move to seats together. The food was better than on the way over but we felt like we were travelling with a very average budget airline, even though we paid a premium price. Will avoid travelling with Silk Air again.

SilkAir Customer review :  20 November 2012 by Noel Hackett    (Australia)

My husband and I flew from Penang to Singapore at 9.15pm on Fri 16th Nov and requested a window seat and the one next to it, and the same for our flight SQ237 from Singapore to MEL at 11.50pm. We were told there were no window seats plus the next one available. We were lied to as there were seats available when we got onboard. Our first experience with SilkAir has left us extremely disappointed.

SilkAir Customer review :  7 November 2012 by Patrick Tan    (Malaysia)

My most recent flight from KCH-SIN was very disappointing. I was seated at the second last row and one passenger assigned on the last row could not take her seat because it was wet. Flight was very full but luckily the flight attendants managed to find another seat for her, but this had left the passenger and those around with a bad impression. Food was really bad (just a small curry puff) and limited choice of drinks. Additionally, being seated on the second last row, the thing I felt would have irritated many passengers was seeing flight attendants constantly opening the overhead compartment just to keep getting their handbags.

SilkAir Customer review :  7 November 2012 by S Heaven    (Australia)

SIN-USM Economy Class. Second time using Silk Air for this route and have to say once again, excellent service. Boarding on-time, comfortable seat, friendly and efficient crew and overall a great experience. Would definitely recommend.

SilkAir Customer review :  12 October 2012 by S Neoh    (Malaysia)

You do pay through your nose for SilkAir (versus the budget airlines), but it's hard to complain with the superb experience you get. Smooth boarding, attentive and courteous staff, a delightful new cream-and-brown design scheme, immaculately clean interiors, and Food and beverages more generous than one expects for 75-minute segments like SIN- MES.

SilkAir customer review :  25 September 2012 by Saji Kochumman (USA)

Singapore to Kochi on airbus 320. I had transferred from an 18 and a half hour flight from JFK to Frankfurt to Singapore on Singapore Airlines. The Cabin Crew and the Flight Attendants did a very good job in getting us a bassinet seat for our one year old daughter. The food was great, the seats were OK, and the entertainment/shows were just reruns because of the flip down screens every 3 seats behind. The safety video was done professionally well and the Flight Attendants and the Cabin Crew did a very professional job in helping other passengers out. Would fly with them again.

SilkAir customer review :  22 August 2012 by Brian D'Souza (USA)

Flew REP-PNH-SIN-PEN. Love Singapore Airlines, so was curious if SilkAir standards would be the same. In short they were. Smaller planes, yes, but the standard of service was the same as Singapore Airlines. Will fly with them again if given the choice.

SilkAir customer review :  9 August 2012 by Jezrel Sabaduquia (USA)

SIN-CEB on A320. Transfered from a 22-hour flight (JFK-FRA-SIN) with SQ to MI. Boarding was probably one of the most organized affairs I've dealt with. Flight attendants were efficient and friendly. Cabin was still the old-style with the blue seats. However, they were very comfortable with proper lumbar support and legroom, I felt, was more than SQ's A380 in Y. The lack of personal IFE didn't bother me as it was only a 3.5-hour flight. There were screens on the over head that played various TV shows. Although they didn't have any headphones nor the seats had any ability to be plugged in with. Food was delicious, and FAs were marching down the aisles with drinks every 10 minutes or so and it was only a 3 hour flight! Overall, I would say it was a perfect experience on a regional carrier and I wish that US airlines would follow MI but I think we all know that won't happen.

SilkAir customer review :  20 July 2012 by Ralte Lalchhanhima (India)

MI 487/488 Calcutta to Singapore and return on 12 and 16 July 2012. First time on Silk Air, i was impressed by the service, especially that of the cabin crew. The row just behind me were drunk and demanding - asking for food and alcoholic beverages multiple times. They smilingly obliged to each of their demands. Food was good and sufficient with 2 rounds of drinks on both flights. Pilots gave information about the flight status and route three times during the flights. No personal entertainment system but reruns of bloopers, wash out etc. Would fly again.

SilkAir customer review :  10 July 2012 by B Williams (Australia)

SIN-HKT-SIN. Both flights were serviced by a A320. The interior on both planes were old and scuffed. The seats were ok but not overly comfortable. Cabin temperature on the outbound flight was too cold. There was no personal inflight entertainment system, though an overhead entertainment system played the same episode of the same show on both flights. Complimentary meals and drinks provided on both flights though the quality of the food and range was slightly worse than that on Singapore Airlines. Even though my return flight was a morning flight, Silk Air decided to serve a curry, where a breakfast meal would have been more appropriate. Outbound flight was full of Australians yelling at the top of their voices and walking to the front of the plane in an attempt to be the first to order a "cold one". The crew worked well under these difficult conditions. The service is very good. Nevertheless the flight attendants remained composed, managed disrespectful passengers well and always kept a smile on their face.

1 2 3 4

SilkAir Reviews SilkAir Passenger Opinions SilkAir service Silk Air product standards