Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines Customer Trip Reports

5-Star Airline ranking

SINGAPORE AIRLINES

a World 5-Star Airline

Read Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines customer trip Reports

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by H Punnapayak    (Thailand)

BKK-SIN, Old 777-300, Biz with no private TV screen and no inflight entertainment at all. Food was OK. Service OK. Seat reclined but not flat.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by M Widjaja    (Indonesia)

CGK-SIN-CGK on the new A330. Utilized the web check-in and the process was fast when collecting boarding pass at the counter. Flight was only half full for the outbound flight. Cabin crews were going extra mile to serve the passengers - continuously offering drinks after meal. The inbound flight was also pleasant with the same high quality standard in terms of services. Very pleasant flight.

SQ 298, CHC-SIN, Biz with no amenity bag. Boeing 777-300 with reclined seat that did not lay flat. Braised duck meal was so tough and not really edible. Had to ask for a roast beef sandwich instead. Older FAs were very nice and gave good service.

SQ 297 from SIN-CHC. This is a long haul overnight flight on a Boeing 777-300, Biz , seat reclined not fully flat. No amenity bag provided, only the useless slippers and blind shade, in Biz class. Food was OK. FAs were attentive.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2013 by P Sorli    (Norway)

Flew SQ22, from SIN-EWR (the world's longest flight) on 26th September on board a A340-500, approx. 18-20 hour flight (depending on winds). Unfortunately this route is disappearing very soon, and I will miss the specially design all-business class airplane a lot. This day, the service was spot-on, the airplane/seat/configuration (1-2-1), food, drinks - everything was exemplified "best practice". It was surely a memorable flight, and yes, I was the last to get off the plane.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  19 October 2013 by H Lim    (Singapore)

A380, LHR-SIN Return sector of round-trip on 14/10/13. A faultless flight experience on the all-Business Class upper deck, thanks to the swift check-in and boarding, impeccable seat and cabin, an exemplary cabin crew, delicious meals and impressive IFE. No other airline offers such a calming inflight Business Class environment. I always arrive rested and refreshed after a long-haul flight with SIA, and look forward to the next. It never fails to impress me how well-groomed the crew are (an important detail many passengers fail to notice, such as the ambient music played at the right volume after landing) and how promptly attentive they are to passenger's needs. SIA remains polished, peerless and focused on their product and services for the FIT. This flight demonstrated all SIA's qualities perfectly.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  17 October 2013 by M Cymbalak    (Australia)

MEL-SIN-MAA-SIN-MEL. MEL to SIN on 777-300. SIN-MAA-SIN on A330-300. Home trip SIN to MEL on A380. Staff excellent. Food very good (book the cook). No amenity kit. Lounge food was OK but not great. Breakfast at MEL lounge was terrible, I left and went to ANZ lounge. Lounge at MAA is not worth commenting (not great at all). The MAA to SIN flight is tough as it departs close to midnight and arrives in Singapore less than 4 hours later so not much time for decent sleep. But overall I was rather comfortable on the 777 and A330 angle seats. But the A380 lie flat bed is not long enough (am 6ft 1). Terrible night's sleep, I couldn't fly Singapore again until they have a bed that caters for near average height people. Expected more from a reputable airline.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  17 October 2013 by K Turner    (UK)

I have recently returned from a trip to Bali with Singapore Airlines. Overall the journey was ok. Outbound we were in economy cabin on the upper deck of the A380 and we were lucky enough to get seated in the rows of two seats which were comfortable enough. I'm 6.1" and my travel companion is 6.3" and in terms of leg room, for us, there was not a lot. There is also a foot rest fitted to the back of the seat in front which, when raised, digs in to your shins. When it's lowered you can stretch your legs out over it but it then digs in to your calf muscles. It's poor design and it does affect comfort somewhat but not to the point of distraction. There were plenty of entertainment options available. Both my partner and I had issues with the IFE on the outbound leg which lasted about 30 minutes but the steward was able to re-boot the system for us eventually. The food was good and plentiful and the service was also excellent. The crew were constantly passing through the cabin handing out water and juice and other drinks were available during the flight from the back of the plane. The flights to and from Bali were on a 777-200 and both were fine. One thing to note, we were served curry on the flight to DPS and it was hot. Sinagpore may need to tone down the chilli a little. Return leg from SIN-LHR was on 777-300 and at boarding it didn't look like it would be a full flight. We were in the forward economy cabin and this filled up and most seats were taken. However, the rear cabin was virtually empty and people here were quick to take up whole rows to themselves. There could have been a better distribution of passengers to allow everyone to have a bit more room. Overall, a great airline which, with a few tweaks could be fantastic. I certainly felt that with other airlines flying long haul I've had more room.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by G Hellings    (Australia)

Flight SQ319 London to Singapore on 14/10/2013. Cabin crew were the nicest and most helpful crew we have come across in our travels. Would definitely recommend. We travel business class - well worth the money. Ground staff in Heathrow - taking our luggage 10 hours pre-flight was excellent, we were so grateful. Will definitely travel with them again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Mike Aronovich    (Vietnam)

NRT-LAX A380, upon boarding cabin crew guided me to the wrong side of cabin and wrong seat. No menu was provided for the entire flight and I did not know which champagne or wine I was drinking, nor did I know what to expect for dinner or breakfast. Only for the main course (entree) did the cabin crew provide a quick booklet, which after choosing was quickly taken away again. After asking cabin crew for a little help to figure out how to convert my seat into bed, I was asked if it was my first time with Singapore Airlines (I am Krisflyer Gold). Cabin crew never asked if I wanted to be awaken for breakfast (which I did not). After waking me up and providing me with a cup of coffee I waited 50 minutes for breakfast to be served. Again no menu. A rather disappointing service.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Christine Semken    (Australia)

SYD - SIN - LHR - SIN - SYD. Flight attendants did their utmost to be polite and offer individual service which was very impressive. Loved the added extras. The movies were good and there was sufficient variety. I had special meals and they were plentiful and tasty. Lots of drinks offered. Seats were just OK - the area behind the passenger's head is not positioned well and is therefore uncomfortable, but otherwise the seat is OK and there was just enough leg room. Most flights were in ageing planes but the personalised service made up for it. I found the attendants to be the real strength of this airline. I would definitely fly them again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by C Brown    (UK)

Flew LHR-SIN-SYD. LHR-SIN on A380 all business upper deck. Seats A, B & C, row 61 main deck. Good leg room (I'm 5' 10" 16 stone heavy build). Seat comfort was good for economy. Food and drink standard and service were great. Crew could not have been nicer. SIN-SYD on A380 rear upper deck economy. Seats F, G & L, row 82 upper deck. Good leg room again. Great service and refreshments again. Lovely crew again. Have flown SIA before and will fly with them again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by R Becker    (Australia)

SQ A380, SIN-SYD biz class. Young slightly disorganised flight crew (seats and entertainment systems we all like and know about) so this is about to very evident cost cutting by SIA as demonstrated by poor meal service offered. Had ordered Sushi via "Book the Cook" and as per inflight menu entree was a cold crab salad. 2 cold dishes that took well on 2 hours to get to my table for dinner. Sushi for biz class was rather disappointing but only until this experience was topped by the "continental breakfast": 2 slices each of papaya and pomelo accompanied by a small roll/danish pastry with butter and choice of jam, tea or coffee - no second offering and plates couldn't be cleared fast enough. Would have thought you already saved enough on that sub-standard Bollinger being served.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Eduardo Steger    (USA)

Flew from LAX to Koh Samui via Narita and Singapore. Long flight in economy seating. Paid a little extra ($50/per seat) for leg space, worth it for me. The staff on board were exemplary in their treatment of the guests, and yes even in the economy seats, I felt were treated well by the on board staff. Extremely polite, I'm a nervous flyer and they made feel very confident in their abilities. I would definitely recommend this airline to anyone flying to Asia.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  10 October 2013 by G Wiseman    (Australia)

From Adelaide to Singapore and return in A330-300, Singapore to London and return in A380. The A330 was reasonably new on the way up, but an older rattler coming back. Also, I don't understand when you leave Singapore at midnight why you only have a choice of three main dishes? After a few hours in the Silver Kris lounge all I wanted was a snack such as cheese & biscuits or a sandwich - with a glass of Bollinger to help send me to sleep! It's a less than 7-hour flight with a big tailwind so why over-cater? Both A380 flights were impeccable. Even smarter service going up than coming back. Wonderful to have a lie-flat and a hectare of room to sleep in and a functional, wide- choice IFE. In my view Qantas made a big mistake dropping its QF81 service to Singapore in favour of going via Dubai. Hint: You need to think like passengers do, not like a Qantas executive's dream.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by A Flynn    (UK)

Flew Bali to LHR via Singapore on 4th Oct. Bali to Singapore on 777-200 showing its age, very small screen to view films etc but no big deal as flight was just over 2 hours. Ran out of my choice of meal, but crew were great. Singapore to LHR on 777-300 ER instead of A380, but managed to get two seats together at the back of the plane. Food quality not great and they again ran out of my meal choice for breakfast. Large seat back screen and plane was fitted with new Krisworld system so plenty of choice of Films, TV shows etc. No trolley drinks service after take off, just crew with a tray of water, juice and beer.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by R Greenwood    (USA)

SFO-INC on a B777-300ER. The legroom was ok, nothing exceptional. The cabin and toilets were kept clean throughout the duration of the flight. The krisworld IFE was superb with a wide range of movies, music and games. The 2 meals were delicious and probably the best I have tasted in the air. The cabin crew, as always, were exceptional, serving the drinks frequently to keep us well hydrated. Will recommend this airline.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by S Cameron    (Australia)

Arrived from London with my fiance. We bought tickets from their website and purchased preferred seats for an extra hundred dollars only to end up sitting in completely different sections of the plane. Our advance purchase had not been logged into their booking system. Our problem isn't that we couldn't sit next to each other but the way in which we were treated by the Singapore Airlines staff. One particular male check in staff blatantly displayed annoyance at us and showed no signs that he was willing to rectify the issue. We gave in and just decided to sit in whatever was assigned to us and after a promise of a refund for the preferred seating, we were dismissively waved off. Started off badly on the ground and continued in the air when we were bypassed during meal service and one rude staff wasn't interested when we questioned her. A senior crew noticed this and was professional in trying to make up for it but by then we were fed up at the inadequacy and total lack of customer service.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2013 by A Weera    (New Zealand)

I have been travelling on SIA for last 12 years. I find the standard of service dropping every time I take the airline in the recent past. NZ to Singapore is a long trip. The service was really poor, never got what was requested. Food was bad, did not even bother to eat my final meal on the return trip to NZ. Some staff rude, their standard of service was bias on the type of passenger. July trip was the worst airline experience I have had in my 20 years of airline travel. Very substandard service. In future travelling on SIA is not a status, but a necessity.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  30 September 2013 by A Eckardt    (Germany)

FRA-SIN on A380. The upper deck is a real comfy little cabin as there are only around 15 rows in Economy. This improves the service even more. Food reasonable as always. IFE broke down after 6 hours and couldn't be fixed again bud didn't want to switch my seat. I like the opportunity to charge my mobile at the plane as I use it a lot for listening to music.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  30 September 2013 by A Smith    (Australia)

ADL-SIN-DME / LHR-SIN-ADL. Four legs with SQ for this trip to Europe. Seems that catering has improved since my last trip in April. All aircraft (330, 777-300 & 380) were comfortable and clean. Ground staff and crew were friendly and IFE was excellent. Still offering the best product for international travel by far.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  27 September 2013 by J Baker    (UK)

Travelled on 17th September with my wife and 17 month old, London to Singapore. Really great staff, looked after our daughter very well indeed. We paid for her own seat which we fitted her car seat into which was ideal. Food was good with a great choice. Really enjoyed flying Singapore and on the A380 was even better than I expected.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  27 September 2013 by Wan Bin    (Singapore)

Singapore to Japan on a late night flight, 11pm to 9am. I was surprised that the drinks service was reduced to being given a choice of juice, water or beer from trays instead of the full drinks cart service. I got what I requested when I asked for it specifically. The menu card provided listed that a selection of snacks are available upon request before breakfast. When I asked what the options were, the stewardess gave me a few pieces of tiny biscuits. On the way back, the stewardess gave me the option of instant noodles or biscuits. I wonder if these are cost cutting measures. The new advertisements portrayed better service though hence I was disappointed. Air France and KLM offers a much better snack selection of chocolates, fruits, sandwiches, cakes throughout their flight. The choice of entertainment options is great though.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  26 September 2013 by J Bibby    (UK)

Manchester to Singapore via Munich return. There was good choice of food, a nice dinner (with 3 main course choices) and a cooked breakfast, as well as another light snack. The cabin crew came around frequently during the flight with orange juice and water. Also snacks and chocolates were available on request from the galley! A good selection of films, along with free headphones and a comfort pack of toothpaste, toothbrush, socks, etc. The cabin crew were very welcoming and helpful with assisting passengers with finding seats and locating space for carry on luggage. Previously I have flown a lot with American Airlines and Iberia, which do not come anywhere near to Singapore Airlines. I had forgotten that long haul travel in economy class could be so delightful! Singapore Airlines were wonderful.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  26 September 2013 by Zachary Ho    (Singapore)

SQ12 to Los Angeles Via Tokyo on the Sep 11 and SQ 11 return on 24th Sep. Flight was not entirely full, approximately 70%. Had 3 seats to myself which was nice. Seat was comfortable and not as hard as one would imagine. Drinks service begins once we took off and it came back on intervals throughout the duration of the flight time. Food was great and i went for both of the Japanese selection which was awesome. Krisworld was excellent too with lots of entertainment though it should be using touch screen by now. (Those who are transiting to Los Angeles will need to exit the plane, transit through security and back in the gate). All these took 10 mins and with lots of help from the Japanese and Singapore crew. Great Airline, Great service.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Cheng Jun Lee    (Singapore)

Traveled from Singapore to Zurich on A380. The Kirsworld entertainment system is excellent! but not touchscreen and must be operated by a remote which seemed old to me. The food served on board this Singapore Airlines flight sector was great! I was served two meals and both tasted okay , no complains from me. The service standards from the FA is still as good as before! As this was a long haul flight, toothbrushes and socks were given out to all the passengers including blankets and pillows. The FA's made lots of trips around serving water and OJ, trying not to make the passengers dehydrated because of the flight. The FA's also forced all passengers to shut their window blinds to give passengers more rest as it was in the day. Overall another excellent flight on Singapore Airlines!

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Lisa Smith    (Australia)

SQ228, SQ68, SQ365, SQ227. Melbourne to Barcelona return. Excellent experience with Singapore Airlines. The service is excellent. Cant complain even though 23 hours of flying in economy is difficult. The service was outstanding and would not have any doubts recommending to anyone. The staff are excellent and the service is top notch even for economy.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2013 by Peter Mahoney    (Australia)

A380, Singapore to Milan. Sub standard champagne, average at best food, average wines with food. This was a night flight. Cabin attendant allowed children to enter [from economy] and exit their parents in business class near me and this resulted in a minimum of sleep for me and perhaps others around these parents.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2013 by R Cruickshank    (Australia)

MEL to SIN SQ228 and SIN to PARIS, SQ334 on A380. Excellent, attentive service, good food and wines and a comfortable flight on a very quiet aircraft. Could not ask for more. The Krisworld IFE has TV series rather than the one episode, much appreciated.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2013 by L Miller    (USA)

My husband and I were very impressed with Singapore Airlines. The cabin crew were polite, professional and attentive during the flight. I was impressed with how they kept the bathrooms clean during the flight, always with a smile on their faces. The food was very good - we were in economy plus and very impressed with all meals. While the uniforms are beautiful, I did wonder how they would perform in any emergency of vacating the plane. We would definitely fly Singapore Airlines again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2013 by R Becker    (Australia)

SYD-SIN on A380. SQ lounge in Sydney closed for refurbishment - NZ lounge no substitute. Charming crew (one of the best I had on SQ) very attentive with some great characters- the wide seat (with limited recline) is fine by me, but look forward to new seat on 777's. Catering not that great (still quite good) but appears to suffer from "cost savings"? Nice selections of teas - champagne not worth the name . IFE great selection and good screen size.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  16 September 2013 by D Mauro    (USA)

AMS-SIN. Singapore Airlines is a class act. The flight attendants were terrific, the cabin was comfortable and inviting, and the food was absolutely delicious. Long-haul flights are just more pleasant on this carrier.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  16 September 2013 by H Doxsee    (Canada)

Flew from SIN to SGN on a 777. The plane was showing its age and the seat was uncomfortable. Had to book last minute at the airport - no Internet option. Very expensive.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  11 September 2013 by P Allatt    (UK)

A380, SIN-LHR. Sublime service, spacious seating/bedding arrangements. Very good food, excellent inflight entertainment. Overall a highly enjoyable and recommended flying experience. Managed to get 6 hrs sleep which was a bonus. Only slight criticism was colour of interior, a tad bland.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  10 September 2013 by S Chow    (USA)

JFK-SIN-BKK and SIN-JFK. Seat on A380 is uncomfortable for a long flight. Old style seats on B777-200er are much more comfortable. Foods served on all flights were delicious. FA's were great and served with smiles on all segments of the flight. Upper deck of A380 is much more quieter and easier to sleep on long haul flights. Singapore airlines assigned four FA's on upper deck to serve 88 passengers which is very efficient to get meals served quicker. Frequently providing the drink run. Sandwiches, fresh fruits, chips, mixed fruits and drinks were available at the galley for hungry passengers to snack on at night.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  9 September 2013 by Nilesh Bartlett    (Indonesia)

CMB-SIN-CGK-SIN-CMB. Outbound flight from Colombo was satisfactory. Crew were friendly and meals were in large quantities. Aircraft was well maintained. SIN-CGK - Crew were in competition with the timing but still met satisfactory standards. Return CGK-SIN flew the 777-300 left Jakarta at 1705 hrs and landed on time. Singapore- Colombo Main course was inedible and dressed with unnecessary oil. Crew were efficient but no smiles. Highly recommend the airline.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  9 September 2013 by Chris Ford    (Australia)

SYD-SIN and SIN-LHR on A380s travelling as a couple with two children under 2. SQ remains our first choice after yet again making potentially challenging flights more than bearable. Having booked well in advance, the airline blocked a window seat at the front of economy (row 31) to give us extra room for our toddler who was too big for the bassinet. Crew were patient and very accommodating, providing milk on several occasions and even washing bottles for us. There was never a crossed word from them even when the toddler made one of his regular sprints through the galleys. I requested seafood meals at booking, which were excellent. IFE was very good, as always. Our double stroller was delivered promptly after landing to the jetway. I am more than happy to pay the extra money to fly SQ.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  9 September 2013 by J Jakoplic    (Singapore)

SIN to Zurich. Return Amsterdam to SIN. As usual when I fly on Singapore Airlines, the food service is their strongest suit - excellent, except for the wine, which is closer to vinegar than alcohol. Seats are alright, but not any more comfortable than on other airlines. IFE system awkward to use and earbuds uncomfortable. Their weakest point? Staff Service. Flight attendants polite, but extremely robotic and not particularly friendly. They always seem to be reading from a script when talking to passengers. Crew on just about any other airline do a much better job of making customers feel welcome.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  6 September 2013 by Wilson See    (Singapore)

MEL-SIN on SQ 208. I felt A330 seats were more comfortable than the bigger aircraft A380. Food was superb, and you will never go wrong with Krisworld - the inflight entertainment. Staff were attentive and there is no doubt that this is one of the top 5 star airlines in the world.

SIN-SYD. It was a midnight flight, staff tried their best to serve all passengers without disturbing their sleep. Staff were friendly and food was served in a prompt manner. Good range of inlight entertainment, but it's the seats that allow you to have adequate rest even in economy class. Might not be the cheapest for a 5 star airlines, but it's worth every single cent, as they ensure that you get to your final destination safely and comfortably.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  4 September 2013 by Anne Phillips    (Australia)

My husband and I flew 28th July, Tullamarine - Singapore, SQ 238. 29th July, Singapore - London, SQ 318. 27th Aug, London - Singapore, SQ319, Singapore - Tullamarine, SQ217. I have nothing but high praise for staff at all time. Attendants were attentive, polite and helpful. Food was fine and plenty of it. We haven't travelled a lot but Singapore Airlines will be my choice of airline.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  4 September 2013 by Stephen Santoso    (Indonesia)

AMS-SIN-CGK. Flight was on time. Arrived at Singapore Changi airport on time, nice airport for transit. Aircraft from AMS-SIN was refitted B777-200ER. which is quiet old, but clean, nice and comfortable (use 3x3x3 configuration). Staff on both flights were attentive, they also offered drinks every several times. However the LCD screen for the entertainment is quite old, so the resolution of the screen wasn't really clear.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Eelco van den Heuvel    (Netherlands)

FRA-JFK-FRA on A380. Outbound good service, good food - especially the deserts - and hard working and friendly crew who gave plenty of drinks. Inbound good service again, but bad food and ran out of choice. Both flights left bang on time and arrived early, inbound even 45 mins earlier. Efficient boarding on big A380 which has fantastic IFE but not more legroom than any other plane or airline. Would have thought SQ give their flagship a more spectacular cabin design but no difference from other planes. All in all good experience for a reasonable price, but not on par with e.g. Qatar Airways.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  30 August 2013 by K Lim    (UK)

Flew economy, London to Kuala Lumpur via Singapore and back. Full flight on both long haul legs but staff were good - efficient, attentive and constantly offering drinks. Queues for toilets were short, quality of food good and lots of movies. Found the games not up to scratch and showing their age. Seat and legroom comfortable enough. Definitely the best carrier to the Far East. Stopover in Singapore airport good with lots to do.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2013 by M Reason    (Australia)

Sydney to Singapore, 27th July 2013, SQ232 and returned 13th August 2013 on SQ211. Outbound flight was good on the A380. Attendants robotic but efficient nonetheless even though they took their time responding to request buttons. Seats aren't the worst but not the best. Recline was good, seat pitch not so much. I enjoyed the meals on this flight especially the Western steak cooked perfectly. Nothing too troublesome. The return leg however was very disappointing on a tattered B777 aircraft. Seats were extremely uncomfortable with small recline and an industry standard 32 inch seat pitch. Crew were far less attentive than the first leg. It took different crew trying to ask for some basic toiletries or a glass of water. Seat back TV's were tiny and intermittently froze throughout the flights. Overall, whilst the first flight was above average, the return was far from acceptable.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by Mindy Pang    (Singapore)

Took SQ's flight bound for Taipei a few weeks back. Brunch meal was served, omelette with baked beans, grilled chicken sausage and tomato - tasted decent but having baked beans on a 5-star airline just does not seem to fit the line. Service was great, with crew readily available should you have any needs/queries. Flight journey was smooth too. Seats were rather comfortable, with head rest. AVOD was up to date, with interesting movies and games, but the earphone is rather uncomfortable. Probably SQ should invest in noise-cancelling headphones for Y class passengers in futures. SQ is also family-friendly as there is a kids channel in AVOD and activities for kids such as coloring books.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  20 August 2013 by G Oram    (Australia)

My wife and I flew 4 long haul flights from Melbourne to Frankfurt in June 2013. As both of us have had knee operations we asked for and they obliged us with adjacent seats so we could stretch our legs into aisles. Seats were comfortable enough for the long haul. Cabin staff were excellent in their duties. Seeing that my wife was using crutches at the time all staff offered assistance to her. This is our first experience with long haul flights and were very impressed without exception. The food was served hot and they catered to everyone's request. Drinks were served on a regular basis. I would recommend this airline to an one wishing to fly long haul. Inflight entertainment appeared to be up to date and there was a good choice of recent films to watch. Will certainly fly with them again without hesitation.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  20 August 2013 by B Borjes    (Singapore)

July 20th, SIN-SFO via ICN. Return, August 2, SFO-SIN via ICN. SA has always been rated very high for service but I think they are starting to cut corners. Their equipment still looks great, seats are comfortable and inflight entertainment is great but the service is really slipping. I rang the call button 3 times during one flight as I desperately needed a soda but nobody ever came. The meals have definitely been shrinking in size and the kids meals are becoming more unusual. A kids meal should almost be generic like pizza or spaghetti but you rarely see those offered.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  20 August 2013 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Flying the SQ flagship A380 on the Frankfurt - NY route is a total joy. This is truly a premium airline with a top notch product and service. Although there is more competition these days in the premium airline category, SQ truly brings back the romance of flying. Their superb service and product makes the premium price totally worth it. Of course now, as I enter the US, I have to prepare myself for flying the American carriers. They have a thing or two to learn about from SQ.

SQ uses the refurbished 777-200ERs on the Singapore - Amsterdam route. Although this is the new business class seat, the cabin is not quite the same as the new 777-300ER planes that have the same product. The main difference is in the IFE system. Masked as a new system, it actually seems to be the old system built into the new seat. Thus the selection of movies and quality of display is lacking. For the rest, it's up to the impeccable SQ standard. Unbelievable service, terrific food and a great bed.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2013 by E Santoso    (Indonesia)

SUB-SIN with SIA in Economy Class. Flight was delayed by one hour due to late arrival from SIN. Once on board, the crew distributed hot towels but not all passenger got it. Food was edible and the entertainment system worked well. The in-flight service was not so good, some FA were just friendly whereas the others were not. A steward even raised his voice while asking my little boy to switch off his IPAD around 40 minutes before our arrival at the Changi Airport. All in all, for the price I paid it was not what I expected from a 5 star airline.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2013 by R Sarkar    (USA)

Airbus A380 from LAX to Singapore with a stop at Tokyo-Narita. Excellent cockpit crew and cabin staff. Very attentive to the needs of the passengers. Ground staff at LAX and at Changi were very helpful, courteous and friendly. Once the plane reaches cruising altitude, it is practically quiet. We will always fly on SIA whenever our schedules allow. We go to Asia every 2 to 3 years and SIA is our first choice!

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2013 by S Rawlings    (Australia)

Flew MEL-SIN-IST business class. Really enjoyed the new MEL lounge which has a nice modern feel. The first leg was on the 777-300 with the regional business seat which was comfortable. The crew on this leg however were very robotic and just went through the motions. SIN-IST was on the refitted 777-200ER and the service and food was amazing. The crew could not do enough for us and insisted on making our beds. We used booked the cook on this leg and the food was of a very high quality. The seat on the refitted 777 have a few extra storage areas compared those seats on the A380 which I like. I do find the food in the Singapore lounge to be rather uninspiring considering Singapore itself is such a food orientated city. We will fly with SQ again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 August 2013 by Athasit Arunthari    (USA)

New York to Singapore Via Frankfurt, SQ25, August 1, A380. Airplane interior is showing its age. Inflight entertainment has a lot of movies and music to choose from and food in Economy Class is delicious. Snack between meals is good with sandwiches, chips and fruits. Singapore to Bangkok, SQ972 on August 3 was a Boeing 777-200. The seats in Economy Class are getting old. Singapore Airlines should fly the new Economy Seats to Bangkok or fly the Airbus 330-300. Overall the food and Entertainment in Economy Class is excellent.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  13 August 2013 by L Amelia    (Singapore)

Flew A380 Suites on SIN-HKG-SIN over the national day holidays. Excellent crew; very accommodating and attentive to needs. In-flight entertainment was giving me issues on the leg home but was promptly resolved after I brought it to the crew's attention. Great seat width and food was good, despite not having booked the cook in advance. Otherwise, a great flight but avoid the 4th rows where possible as it is near the pantry so it tends to be noisy.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2013 by R Douglass    (Australia)

SYD-SIN-BKK-SIN-SYD on a combination of A380 / A330 / 777-200 (2class)/ 777-300ER. Was very happy with every aspect of every flight (except the 1.5hr delay on the last leg). The seats were comfortable on each flight and the catering was superb. I suggest you 'book the cook' and select your exact meal before flying as it was very good. IFE was great on all flights as was the service standards.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  8 August 2013 by H Poulos    (Australia)

Sydney to Singapore last month on 12th and returned 4th August. Inflight experience was alright and staff were generally good, some not so much. Food was shoddy on both flights and ended up leaving most of it. Entertainment choices are probably the best out there but the operating system is old and deteriorating. Both flights were on time. Overall it was pretty ordinary and probably better off flying cheaper and spending more in Singapore.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  8 August 2013 by Joanne Marce Pereira    (Malaysia)

SQ478 to Johannesburg on 18 June 2013 and returned on SQ479 (departing Johannesburg 20 June). Flight scheduled to leave Singapore around 1am and due to some aircraft problems, after boarding we had to return to the terminal and wait for a new aircraft. Flight resumed close to 7am. SIA arranged for refreshments immediately as well as pillows and blankets for our wait at the new boarding gate. My biggest compliment is the crew. The same crew served us on the flight back.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2013 by Mancusi Marcello    (Italy)

Rome to Singapore and back is serviced by old 777-200 with old seats and the seats do not recline completely. I have friends that are flying Qatar to Singapore because of better aircraft's. I fly business class to Singapore every 6 months and I am seriously thinking of changing airlines or fly to Singapore via London to fly the A380. Returned, Singapore to Rome on SQ366, Aug 4.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2013 by Stephen Reeds    (UK)

Travelled for the first time with Singapore to New Zealand, a very long trip. The cabin staff were excellent, friendly, helpful, always ready to have a laugh. The food by and large was fine, especially for Economy and the choice of Inflight entertainment was very good. The crew made what could have been a grisly experience into an enjoyable one. Seats were fairly cramped in economy.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  5 August 2013 by Chen Haoming    (Singapore)

SIN-HND-SIN. Both flights outbound and inbound were great, cabin and toilets were clean, crew members were friendly, and in-flight entertainment system was awesome. Will definitely fly Singapore Airlines again, good job and keep up the good work Singapore Airlines!

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  5 August 2013 by B Redinger    (Australia)

Used SQ for our trip to Vietnam. Lived up to their reputation on all 4 flights. A380 on the 2 longer sectors which was a comfortable journey and found seats and legroom both ok. Older B777/200 on shorter flights which are showing some age but are very well maintained. Food was plentiful and actually quite nice for airline food. Plenty to drink and regular drink runs carried out. IFE had plenty of variety to keep us amused. Crew members polite and friendly. A little more expensive than some other carriers but well worth it for the little extra we paid. Overall would recommend and will always be our first option providing price is reasonable.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2013 by P Black    (Australia)

Business Class, Sydney - Singapore - Delhi / Mumbai - Singapore - Brisbane. Sydney to Singapore was the only leg which had the newer style business class seats (which are good) although in seat power was not working for the entire duration of the flight. Each of the other legs were on dated planes with the older style business seats (not so great). Of particular concern was the Singapore - Brisbane flight where the seat and its surrounds were visibly dirty. My biggest gripe was the Mumbai - Singapore night time flight. Upon boarding the crew handed out menus and asked if I wanted to be disturbed to eat dinner - which I did after the atrocious Mumbai lounge experience (standing room only). Sure enough, I fall asleep and wake up when tables are being set for dinner - I request my meal only to be told that they hadn't heated anything for me so I would just have to wait until after they had served everyone else. No offer of a drink or anything from the crew. Being a late night flight, the idea of starting dinner 45 minutes after everyone else was not good. I ended up having to ask the crew to give me a bread roll and that the only food I got! Will never fly again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  29 July 2013 by A Shatten    (Australia)

We flew on 4 long-haul legs in June and July, business class. Service was friendly and efficient throughout. The meals were well-considered: light dishes were available for every meal, plenty to eat and drink. The seats, however, were not to our satisfaction. There's heaps of room, but the back of the seat is straight and the headrest pushes your head forward. The recline angle is small and the adjustable footrest is useless. There is a footstool, but I am 173cm tall (5' 8") and it was too far away for me to use comfortably. So I spent much of the time trying to find a comfortable sitting position. The seat converts to a flat bed and in this position it is fine for sleeping. SIA uses other airlines' lounges in many airports. I hope they don't use United again because their lounge in Melbourne hasn't been updated since discos were fashionable. (SIA's lounge in MEL was being renovated).

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by S Fletcher    (UK)

LHR-SIN and return on A380. Flight from LHR was on time, and all expected services on board. Economy seat in the main cabin on this leg of the flight was reasonable but a little cramped when compared to other airlines. Meal and beverage service was ok, but ran out of choice for meal. Entertainment service was excellent. On the return leg with seat in upper deck, felt slightly less cramped, but seats not the most comfortable for long haul flight. Meal and beverage service was good. Entertainment system was ok, programming constantly jerked and froze, but was viewable. The disappointment with the flights was the baggage allowance which was small at 20kg when compared with other airlines which offer 32kg.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Dalton Steve    (Australia)

Recent return Perth - Singapore - (Munich) - Manchester economy. All flights on time, exit seats on all flights, good food and drinks as required. Excellent / helpful staff. What more could you really ask, good old fashioned economy, long may it continue. The 777's are showing age somewhat.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Daniel Harrison    (UK)

Third time I have flown Singapore Airlines from Heathrow Intl to Changi Intl. My overall experience with them has always been satisfactory or above however, there are a few issues. The appearance of the cabin is exceptional. Pleasant settings with artwork and, during the festive season, decorations above windows. I find the seats to be quite comfortable and have plenty of leg space in front of me. Staff are happy to help and are very pleasant. Now the negatives: I find, compared with Qantas the in flight entertainment system to be limited. Generally there isn't a great deal of movies to choose from and the TV series they offer are rarely complete series only offering a few episodes. The food isn't that great if you're not a fan of eastern cuisine, just wish they would offer a western option every now and then. Overall, I would say its a close call between Qantas and SQ for economy and would say Qantas has the edge.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2013 by Charles Kennedy    (UK)

LHR-SIN. I couldn't book the open-jaw route I wanted on SQ's awful website so booked it as a codeshare with Virgin Atlantic which made online check-in impossible - VS site said the operating airline was someone else, and SQ said the booking had been made through a different airline. I phoned VS and they were worse than useless, SQ at least sympathised and the gent I spoke to said he would send a message to LHR requesting the seat I was hoping for. I was one of the last to check-in and indeed a window on the left had been saved for me, so kudos for that. Boarding was OK although the cabin crew in my area didn't speak much English which complicated some pax requests for reseating. First meal service was OK, lots of movies but not many good ones, seat comfortable and managed some sleep. One reason I booked SQ was to enjoy an Asian style breakfast so you can imagine my frustration that despite distributing a lavish eight page printed menu to economy passengers which included three breakfast options (including a tasty-sounding pork and noodles, exactly what I'd had in mind), they were only able to offer "chicken sausage with frittata" which was as disgusting as it sounds. Arrived on time and customs and baggage claim was pretty quick. Beyond being deposited at the destination safely and on time, SQ fell short of expectations. Will not go out of my way to fly them again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2013 by Stephen Yates    (Australia)

SQ232, 30 JUNE, SYD - SINGAPORE, SQ366, 1ST JULY, SINGAPORE - ROME. Economy was ordinary on my flight Sydney to Rome. Sound quality from the headphones awful, seat recline was terrible and the flight attendants gave dagger looks if you wanted a drink throughout the flight if it wasn't during meal service.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  23 July 2013 by W Coulton    (Australia)

Perth-Singapore-Perth in economy on refitted regional 777-200. Aircraft interior in excellent condition. Legroom was quite acceptable for what is only a 5+ hour flight. Flights in each direction were a breakfast time departure and we found the food to be very good, with both the Western and Asian selections filling and tasty. Flights pretty much ran to time on departure and both arrived early. The onboard service was excellent on both flights, with genuine smiles and attention. Just like the SQ of old. Happy to fly with them again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Jason Kinder    (Canada)

SQ25 from JFK to FRA on July 11 - A380 upper deck economy superb, 2-4-2 vs 3-4-3 on main deck, window seat - plenty of storage, legroom fine (and I'm over 6ft), service very attentive and great menu selection for food/drinks. Nice and quiet for sleeping upstairs too. Hadn't flown SQ in 7yrs, nothing different. Same solid airline that understands what good service is and how to deliver it. Surprised to read negative reviews about how they've dropped, no evidence on that night.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2013 by V Naidoo    (Australia)

BCN to SIN (SQ 377) and SIN to BNE (SQ 235) on the B777-300ER and A330-300 respectively. Both flights were consistent in terms of food quality, seat comfort and service. All of which were exceptional especially when compared to other leading airlines. The IFE was also commendable - updated with the latest movies and very user friendly.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  16 July 2013 by Sue Carter    (Australia)

MEL-SIN return. Usually travel Business Class, but tried Economy on this short trip. Overall impression was pretty good. Both flights were almost full, but the crews were friendly and helpful and food service was quite slow, but quality of the food was reasonable. Had a strange experience with the inflight entertainment system on both flights, an English Language film suddenly lapsed into a version dubbed into some oriental language. Eventually reset by repeated switches out of the video system. Selection of films etc was OK, but not comparable to Emirates product. One criticism is that the IFE was switched off 40 minutes before landing on the Singapore leg (A380). On the return trip it was switched off 20 minutes before landing. Seems ungenerous, and not my experience on other airlines. A FA on the Melbourne flight also asked me to remove my noise-cancelling headphones for landing - also a new experience! Online check-in was difficult because of website problems, but managed it in the end, and subsequent check-in at Melbourne was very quick. Unable to check-in online for return trip due to more website problems, but the standard check-in system at Changi was just excellent. Better than some Business Class check-in processes in fact.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  16 July 2013 by V Naidoo    (Australia)

BCN to SIN (SQ 377) on 14 July 2013. Flight was excellent, from the food to the IFE to the flight attendants. The FA's were always on-hand for any requests and were super friendly (hard to find in many airlines theses days).

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  15 July 2013 by D Bardens    (Germany)

FRA to JFK and back. I am a frequent traveller and have been on more than 25 airlines so far. But Singapore airlines always exceeds my expectations! They serve food in economy that could easily be served in business classes of other carriers. The entertainment system is just great and the legroom is good. The great attitude of the friendly crews gives you the feeling that you are welcome onboard and that it is a pleasure for them to make you feel comfortable. This was my second time on Singapore Airlines and definitely not the last one!

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  15 July 2013 by Peter Britain    (Australia)

FRA-SIN and SIN-MEL in first. Excellent crews on both legs. Catering good, the food seems always to be better out of Changi than out of Frankfurt in my opinion. Always a pleasure to fly SQ. Keep up the good work.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  15 July 2013 by R Mortimer    (Australia)

LHR-SIN, SIN-MEL. Great service from start to finish. The crew on the first leg were the most friendly and cheerful I've had on a flight, even on a full flight and through very uncomfortable turbulence. The seats were good, a little painful after 13 hours but the leg room (which is usually a major discomfort for me) was good for economy. Food was good, not great, but better than most. As with all airlines they need to make money, but at least with Singapore Airlines you feel like a human being rather than cattle. Plus Changi airport is excellent which makes SA even more of a no brainier decision.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  15 July 2013 by Ganesh Kumar    (India)

SQ 407/408, DEL-SIN-DEL on B700. On time push back both flights, early arrival in both destinations. Seat was better than most Economy products, however the entertainment was lagging behind peers (esp Emirates). Meals were adequate on both legs. All in all, no complaints: a quality product.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  11 July 2013 by D Bingham    (UK)

Travelled JUN-JUL, MAN-MUC-SIN-BNE return in Y. All flights on time or early, Seating reservations honoured, AVOD fully operational on all sectors, albeit the systems more responsive on the A333 than the 77W. Seats are perfectly fine for Y. Food was plentiful and tasty as were the drinks in both alcoholic and non alcoholic varieties. All crews pleasant and addressed us by name, and baggage showed up. There were only two issues, meal choices ran out on MUC-SIN and suitable alternative wasn't offered. Secondly had we been advised you were not allowed off the plane on the SIN-MUC-MAN leg in MUC we would have travelled via LHR, turned a 12 hour leg into a 15 hour ordeal. In summary I would highly recommend but check the transit stops.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  8 July 2013 by A Gray    (New Zealand)

AKL-SIN, 777 200 plane was old but seats were comfortable. The service was average, food was terrible choices poor. The entertainment system was old screen scratched and selection average. I have flown a lot on SQ over the years but recently tried EK who are far superior. SQ have lost their edge, their product is old. I would choose EK or NZ if I had a choice in future.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  6 July 2013 by Savi Mull    (India)

DEL-SIN-MNL-SIN-DEL. Flights from Delhi on the retrofitted 777-300s and to Manila on the new A333s. Check in was a breeze at each airport. Boarding was in row sequence starting from the back of the plane and very orderly. Was on window seats all through out and happy to be able to select seats at the time of booking. Night flight from DEL- SIN was a red eye, meals served not too quickly after take off. Service excellent and warm on all legs. Crew could not do enough and responded promptly to anything requested. White wine in economy class is stellar. Food was fine and could be better. I had selected vegetarian oriental meals which were light and flavourful. One of the Asian veg meals I had weren't as good. Seats have a generous width and seat pitch. Seats seemed even better on the A330 since they are the newer economy class seat, leg rests are a huge welcome to tired feet. AVOD was great on the A330s but not as much on the 777-300s. The announcements from the cockpit were well timed and regular keeping us informed of all delays and weather conditions. Top notch and will recommend.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2013 by K Elliott    (UK)

LHR-SIN on 777, excellent service as usual, good choice of entertainment and food was very good and despite the slight delay in boarding, we were still able to leave on time and reached SIN an hour early. Return leg was on an A380 and was excellent once again. Crew was friendly and helpful and will continue to use SIA on my yearly trips to Singapore.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Ronald Kim    (South Korea)

ICN-SIN, SIN-TPE. It was a superb journey with SQ. Excellent inflight entertainment, authentic service by SQ staffs, and well-decorated cabin. I can say it was the one of my top 3 flights I have enjoyed so far. Highly recommended!

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  29 June 2013 by Shiroman Singh    (USA)

SFO-ICN (refuelling stop) - SIN-DEL route. The service was excellent. The air hostesses always had a smile on their faces, and were very patient and kind. The inflight entertainment was very good too. There was a large selection of movies, TV shows, and music to watch and listen to. The food was so-so. I did like the deserts, but I didn't particularly enjoy the dinner. Our plane was a Boeing 777-300ER from SFO-SIN. It was very clean, and the seats and everything were comfortable. Our plane from SIN-DEL was a Boeing 777-200ER, an older plane but still the cabin was clean and tidy. Overall, a great experience and one I would definitely recommend again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  29 June 2013 by R Hogan    (Australia)

SYD-PEK return via SIN in Y class. 3 legs in 777 and one in A380. One of the 777 legs (SYD-SIN) in older 772 and 2 legs (SIN-PEK and return) in refurbed 773. A380 and 773 product very similar and absolutely exceptional. Very good AVOD with plenty of selection of movies and TV and service second to none. Older 772 looking tired but none the less one of the best services ex Australia. Highly recommended for the price. J lounge in SYD disappointingly small.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  26 June 2013 by S Rostron    (Australia)

SIN-MEL on 777. Chose largely because of the schedule, which is good for this route and price, which wasn't the cheapest but allowed me to get full Star Alliance points. The lounge in Singapore for Gold Star Alliance is very busy and a bit tired. Was sat at the back of the plane and the main complaint was that it was unbearably hot. Was told that it would cool down after takeoff, it did, but took a while and in any case the cabin was still uncomfortable warm for the entire flight. This seems to be a theme with all the Singapore Airlines night flights, just too hot and uncomfortable in the cabins on overnight flights. The seats are not very comfortable either, very hard after a while and the IFE screens were old and looked a bit fuzzy. Toilets were ok and the food was pretty average. The standout was the crew who were very good and provided an excellent service. They are let down by the physical product though and the warm cabins. It's easy for someone to use a blanket in a cool cabin, not so easy for those of us who are overheating to escape from that.

Earlier comments for SINGAPORE AIRLINES have been archived (prior to date of last comment above).

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.