Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines Customer Trip Reports

5-Star Airline ranking

SINGAPORE AIRLINES

a World 5-Star Airline

Read Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines customer trip Reports

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by P Hillier    (Australia)

SYD-SIN on 10 Nov 2013. Excellent service as usual, fantastically attentive and friendly staff - moved me to a bulkhead seat to give me extra legroom. Food great, drinks always available, lots of water provided. Aircraft entertainment more than adequate. Normal high standard.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  18 November 2013 by I Boyle    (Australia)

We flew SYD-SIN on 30 Sept 13 and had a wonderful flight. The staff were great and the food and wine very good. I would like to commend the purser for his kindness and help on this flight. The return flight on 10 Nov 13, was almost the opposite to the last flight. The food was not so good and overcooked. I regret my harsh comments to a staff member on the matter. I would still fly with Singapore in the future.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  18 November 2013 by T Teo    (Malaysia)

KUL-SIN-BCN and return. Both on B777-300ER economy class. The aircraft seating was comfortable with good selection of inflight entertainment. Service is as usual, impeccable and faultless. The cabin crew were very helpful, attentive and generous with drinks and snacks in between flight. Just encountered some delay on return leg resulting in missed connection. Otherwise, truly value for money.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 November 2013 by Lee Cheng Jun    (Singapore)

SIN-HKG return on A380s. I was lucky enough to be seated on the upper deck seats 74A and 76K. There was a side storage compartment beside the window seats. Upper deck economy cabin is a small cabin which contains around 80 seats. SIN-HKG I was greeted by the FA's with smiles, food was very good. HKG-SIN flight an unusual announcement made by the captain about strong winds on the end of the airfield . Upon reaching 1500ft when engine power was reduced, the plane felt a sudden drop in altitude causing most of the passengers including me to shout. Babies on board this route was also crying. When seatbelt signs were switched off, staff were trying to keep the baby calm. I would recommend on the A380 to take seats on the upper deck as it is quieter and more attention from FA's.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by J Griffin    (Australia)

Brisbane-Singapore-Shanghai. Crew friendly and helpful. A330-300 Brisbane to Singapore and Boeing 777 Singapore to Shanghai, travelling in a group if 45 people. Return Beijing-Singapore-Brisbane with friendly crew members. Very good food on all flights and a wide range I movies on in-flight entertainment. Seats were very comfortable. Got a window seat nearly every time.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by C Kevin Santoso    (Indonesia)

Flew CGK-SIN-FRA-JFK and LAX-NRT-SIN-CGK. SIN-FRA-JFK and LAX-NRT-SIN were on the Airbus A380 and Boeing 777-200 for both CGK-SIN and SIN-CGK. Flight was fine, choices of food were great, the inflight entertainment system was one of the best that i had ever used. Couldn't sleep on flight to JFK because the cabin was too noisy. But, thank goodness that I could sleep peacefully on my way back from LAX to SIN. In terms of seating, the seat was comfortable though there's still room for improvement, maybe additional inches to the seat pitch would help. In the end, I would definitely fly on Singapore Airlines again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2013 by M Marks    (UK)

SQ327, MAN-SIN via MUN. My first flight ever with Singapore Airlines and I was very impressed. On an Economy ticket the meal choices were amazing and I even had the chance to order snacks and sandwiches at any point in between meal service. The FT's were helpful and courteous no matter what the problem or request was. There were 2 downsides only. 1) Having to fly via Munich, disembark and sit in the airport for 1.5hrs. 2) The individual screens had the movies on a rolling system so you had to wait until its run was over to start watching the film you wanted from the beginning. With all the films at different lengths, this meant a lot of planning to get your timings right throughout the 16hr flight. Of course I wanted to sleep as well and due to the chairs being comfortable and the added help of a window seat, I was able to get a few hrs. We arrived 45mins early so I was able to get my connecting flight to HKG with ease. Overall a very good quality flight and I would not hesitate to fly Singapore Airlines again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Matthew Tesch    (Australia)

My first SQ experience in 35+ years travelling was a mixed bag in regional A330 Business class to/from SIN connecting with (other carrier) European flights. Service on outward SQ236, BNE-SIN sector reflected many online reviews I had read: zealously attentive but semi-robotic and impersonal. My change of seat at check-in from 14A to 14K obviously threw the pre-flight cabin briefing off its tracks, it was not until the third F/A interaction, after the seatbelt signs had been turned off in the climb to cruise, that the penny dropped that neither my surname nor my gender matched those the crew were using in dealing with me. At times I felt like a participant in a training video, or that the crew couldn't wait to get home. That said, the inwards SQ235, SIN-BNE return, and final sector of a long trip two weeks later, was an outstanding contrast, with the archetypal Singapore Girl service striking exactly the right note: attentive without being intrusive, modulated and moderated without being mechanical, and generally more relaxed, comfortable and charming. An invitation to be briefed on the seat controls would have been nice – the SQ regional J-boxes being rather unique – but the food, drink and Kris-World IFE could not be faulted. My first time changing terminals at SIN too was a pleasantly seamless experience, the Silver Kris lounge, and its staff, set an example to the industry world-wide.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2013 by M Marks    (UK)

SQ860, SIN-HKG. 777-200ER. After flying MAN-SIN via MUN this flight was my final leg. I was greeted by FT who when looking at my boarding pass knew straight away that I had a special dietary requirement. Throughout the flight this FT seemed to have remembered a certain number of people's names in our cabin and spoke to us only by using Mr or Mrs as a prefix to our personal names. I was overly impressed as this is something you just don't expect in Economy Class. The service was excellent with refreshments throughout the flight. FT's were friendly and didn't disturb you if you wanted to sleep. A very comfortable trip with personal entertainment, lots of leg room and a very high standard of service. What more could you want?

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  1 November 2013 by J Phillips    (Australia)

Flew Sydney-London return, all legs on the A380. The pitch was modest, but it was still fine for me. Seat was a little hard but I still managed to catch some sleep on all 4 legs. Food was fabulous except on the Singapore- London leg, the pasta was dry and hard. IFE was excellent, with a wide array of choices and the staff service was unmatched, even in economy class. The Singapore girls were all very attentive yet friendly, attending to our needs efficiently. First time on this airline, and definitely not the last for me.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  1 November 2013 by Sayathith Athilath    (Laos)

I had a flight from KUL-SIN-SYD with the A330 and A380. The flight was very successful, great with good aircrew service and more than I expected. The food was like normal.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  30 October 2013 by C Joel    (Singapore)

SIN-BKK-SIN. Flew this leg on the 772 aircraft's which are one of the oldest in SIA's fleet. What was disappointing was the poor KrisWorld in-flight entertainment system. It was really old. The display on the screens were barely visible and that the buttons on the controls were hard to press. The seats was a bit cramped on the older planes. On food, SIA met its expectations. I chose a seafood meal on the return trip, and it was certainly appetizing.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by C Hoffmann    (Germany)

SIN-FRA on A380 upper deck emergency exit seats 71 H&K. Note these seats have no overhead storage as they are full of first aid equipment so try to get on early as you will struggle to find space. Initial start to flight was not good with a 1 hour delay and later finding out that the TV screen did not lock into place. What happened next was nothing short of amazing and should be a lesson in customer service (Emirates I hope you read this as SIA economy is better than your Business Class). Leading stewardess managed to tape the screen in place and I was able to use for the rest of the flight with juts a minor inconvenience. I was offered the chance to move but declined as my wife and I wanted the extra leg room. Service was fantastic thought out the flight which staff coming around with drinks and snacks often (we were not singled out) We were given a voucher to use on duty free which we used straight away to buy a honeymoon present. On hearing this the leading FA said she had a surprise for us and later came back with a congratulatory gift of a slice of cake and 2 glasses of Dom Perignon from First Class. This was the best experience I had on a flight regardless of class. The last four flights on SIA have been very good and consistent, it is also nice to see that the staff are allowed to let their personality shine through.

PER-SIN on B772 older aircraft with reduced entertainment selection. Seats were hard and in need of re-padding. Staff were friendly and genuine with a sense of humor. Also nice to see that they don't tell you every time that there is turbulence to sit down fasten seat belts etc once when it occurred was fine the rest of the time they assumed we listened. The last time I flew this leg the announcement was made 20 times. Good flight departed 15 min late arrived 15 min early.

FRA-SIN-PER. First leg on A380 upper deck window seat. Seat was ok for a 12 hour flight storage bin between seat and window was really handy. Service very good with FA friendly and come around often which drinks and snacks. Meals offered on both legs were much better than anything I have eaten on economy in a very long time. Entertainment system worked fine with enough movies to keep you entertained for 3 days non stop. B772 on second leg was an older plane but still clean seats offered a bit more leg room but were hard as padding seemed warn out. Standard of service was again excellent. Both flights delayed FRA was by 45min due to tower and SIN by 1.5 hours due to a connecting flight being late. Latter part annoying as it got me into Perth airport when 4 planes had landed around the same time. The airport cannot cope and took me 1.5 hours to get out. (not the airlines fault).

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2013 by H Sharp    (UK)

Flew LHR-SIN and return. The flight into Singapore was on the new B77W that was really state of the art. The seats were indeed more spacious as advertised. The IFE was totally top-notch with the huge screen and countless entertainment options. Food was terrific on both flights. Back to London on the A380 with the older (although still quite new) product. I sat in the small cabin at the upper deck which is really a big plus since it was way more cosy. Staff on both flights were very friendly and welcoming, as always. SIA is still my airline of choice while travelling to Asia or Australia.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  24 October 2013 by M Davies    (Australia)

MEL-SIN-KIX and FUK-SIN-MEL in Economy with MEL-SIN on A380 and all others on A330. Enjoyable flights in terms of comfort, food and entertainment, although the seats on the SIN-KIX leg was definitely a bit firmer than expected. Excellent service from cabin & ground service on all flights with the latter especially friendly & efficient at FUK. Probably the most consistently enjoyable food my wife and I have had on SIA or on any other carrier in Economy over the past 5 years or so. The entertainment system is extensive with more than enough choice for us, although the advertising can be annoying after a while. A problem I experienced with the unit on the SIN-MEL flight was overcome when a particularly helpful cabin staff member re-started my system several times and then checked with me 2 or 3 times after that to ensure there had not been any further issues. SIA continues to be our airline of choice between MEL and Asia.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by H Punnapayak    (Thailand)

SQ 978, Biz on Airbus 330. This is a short-haul flight from SIN-BKK. Comfortable seat that lay fully flat. I had a meal of chewy roasted pork. Service from FAs were nice.

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.