Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines Customer Trip Reports

5-Star Airline ranking

SINGAPORE AIRLINES

a World 5-Star Airline

Read Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines customer trip Reports

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  17 October 2013 by K Turner    (UK)

I have recently returned from a trip to Bali with Singapore Airlines. Overall the journey was ok. Outbound we were in economy cabin on the upper deck of the A380 and we were lucky enough to get seated in the rows of two seats which were comfortable enough. I'm 6.1" and my travel companion is 6.3" and in terms of leg room, for us, there was not a lot. There is also a foot rest fitted to the back of the seat in front which, when raised, digs in to your shins. When it's lowered you can stretch your legs out over it but it then digs in to your calf muscles. It's poor design and it does affect comfort somewhat but not to the point of distraction. There were plenty of entertainment options available. Both my partner and I had issues with the IFE on the outbound leg which lasted about 30 minutes but the steward was able to re-boot the system for us eventually. The food was good and plentiful and the service was also excellent. The crew were constantly passing through the cabin handing out water and juice and other drinks were available during the flight from the back of the plane. The flights to and from Bali were on a 777-200 and both were fine. One thing to note, we were served curry on the flight to DPS and it was hot. Sinagpore may need to tone down the chilli a little. Return leg from SIN-LHR was on 777-300 and at boarding it didn't look like it would be a full flight. We were in the forward economy cabin and this filled up and most seats were taken. However, the rear cabin was virtually empty and people here were quick to take up whole rows to themselves. There could have been a better distribution of passengers to allow everyone to have a bit more room. Overall, a great airline which, with a few tweaks could be fantastic. I certainly felt that with other airlines flying long haul I've had more room.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by G Hellings    (Australia)

Flight SQ319 London to Singapore on 14/10/2013. Cabin crew were the nicest and most helpful crew we have come across in our travels. Would definitely recommend. We travel business class - well worth the money. Ground staff in Heathrow - taking our luggage 10 hours pre-flight was excellent, we were so grateful. Will definitely travel with them again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Mike Aronovich    (Vietnam)

NRT-LAX A380, upon boarding cabin crew guided me to the wrong side of cabin and wrong seat. No menu was provided for the entire flight and I did not know which champagne or wine I was drinking, nor did I know what to expect for dinner or breakfast. Only for the main course (entree) did the cabin crew provide a quick booklet, which after choosing was quickly taken away again. After asking cabin crew for a little help to figure out how to convert my seat into bed, I was asked if it was my first time with Singapore Airlines (I am Krisflyer Gold). Cabin crew never asked if I wanted to be awaken for breakfast (which I did not). After waking me up and providing me with a cup of coffee I waited 50 minutes for breakfast to be served. Again no menu. A rather disappointing service.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Christine Semken    (Australia)

SYD - SIN - LHR - SIN - SYD. Flight attendants did their utmost to be polite and offer individual service which was very impressive. Loved the added extras. The movies were good and there was sufficient variety. I had special meals and they were plentiful and tasty. Lots of drinks offered. Seats were just OK - the area behind the passenger's head is not positioned well and is therefore uncomfortable, but otherwise the seat is OK and there was just enough leg room. Most flights were in ageing planes but the personalised service made up for it. I found the attendants to be the real strength of this airline. I would definitely fly them again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by C Brown    (UK)

Flew LHR-SIN-SYD. LHR-SIN on A380 all business upper deck. Seats A, B & C, row 61 main deck. Good leg room (I'm 5' 10" 16 stone heavy build). Seat comfort was good for economy. Food and drink standard and service were great. Crew could not have been nicer. SIN-SYD on A380 rear upper deck economy. Seats F, G & L, row 82 upper deck. Good leg room again. Great service and refreshments again. Lovely crew again. Have flown SIA before and will fly with them again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by R Becker    (Australia)

SQ A380, SIN-SYD biz class. Young slightly disorganised flight crew (seats and entertainment systems we all like and know about) so this is about to very evident cost cutting by SIA as demonstrated by poor meal service offered. Had ordered Sushi via "Book the Cook" and as per inflight menu entree was a cold crab salad. 2 cold dishes that took well on 2 hours to get to my table for dinner. Sushi for biz class was rather disappointing but only until this experience was topped by the "continental breakfast": 2 slices each of papaya and pomelo accompanied by a small roll/danish pastry with butter and choice of jam, tea or coffee - no second offering and plates couldn't be cleared fast enough. Would have thought you already saved enough on that sub-standard Bollinger being served.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Eduardo Steger    (USA)

Flew from LAX to Koh Samui via Narita and Singapore. Long flight in economy seating. Paid a little extra ($50/per seat) for leg space, worth it for me. The staff on board were exemplary in their treatment of the guests, and yes even in the economy seats, I felt were treated well by the on board staff. Extremely polite, I'm a nervous flyer and they made feel very confident in their abilities. I would definitely recommend this airline to anyone flying to Asia.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  10 October 2013 by G Wiseman    (Australia)

From Adelaide to Singapore and return in A330-300, Singapore to London and return in A380. The A330 was reasonably new on the way up, but an older rattler coming back. Also, I don't understand when you leave Singapore at midnight why you only have a choice of three main dishes? After a few hours in the Silver Kris lounge all I wanted was a snack such as cheese & biscuits or a sandwich - with a glass of Bollinger to help send me to sleep! It's a less than 7-hour flight with a big tailwind so why over-cater? Both A380 flights were impeccable. Even smarter service going up than coming back. Wonderful to have a lie-flat and a hectare of room to sleep in and a functional, wide- choice IFE. In my view Qantas made a big mistake dropping its QF81 service to Singapore in favour of going via Dubai. Hint: You need to think like passengers do, not like a Qantas executive's dream.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by A Flynn    (UK)

Flew Bali to LHR via Singapore on 4th Oct. Bali to Singapore on 777-200 showing its age, very small screen to view films etc but no big deal as flight was just over 2 hours. Ran out of my choice of meal, but crew were great. Singapore to LHR on 777-300 ER instead of A380, but managed to get two seats together at the back of the plane. Food quality not great and they again ran out of my meal choice for breakfast. Large seat back screen and plane was fitted with new Krisworld system so plenty of choice of Films, TV shows etc. No trolley drinks service after take off, just crew with a tray of water, juice and beer.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by R Greenwood    (USA)

SFO-INC on a B777-300ER. The legroom was ok, nothing exceptional. The cabin and toilets were kept clean throughout the duration of the flight. The krisworld IFE was superb with a wide range of movies, music and games. The 2 meals were delicious and probably the best I have tasted in the air. The cabin crew, as always, were exceptional, serving the drinks frequently to keep us well hydrated. Will recommend this airline.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by S Cameron    (Australia)

Arrived from London with my fiance. We bought tickets from their website and purchased preferred seats for an extra hundred dollars only to end up sitting in completely different sections of the plane. Our advance purchase had not been logged into their booking system. Our problem isn't that we couldn't sit next to each other but the way in which we were treated by the Singapore Airlines staff. One particular male check in staff blatantly displayed annoyance at us and showed no signs that he was willing to rectify the issue. We gave in and just decided to sit in whatever was assigned to us and after a promise of a refund for the preferred seating, we were dismissively waved off. Started off badly on the ground and continued in the air when we were bypassed during meal service and one rude staff wasn't interested when we questioned her. A senior crew noticed this and was professional in trying to make up for it but by then we were fed up at the inadequacy and total lack of customer service.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2013 by A Weera    (New Zealand)

I have been travelling on SIA for last 12 years. I find the standard of service dropping every time I take the airline in the recent past. NZ to Singapore is a long trip. The service was really poor, never got what was requested. Food was bad, did not even bother to eat my final meal on the return trip to NZ. Some staff rude, their standard of service was bias on the type of passenger. July trip was the worst airline experience I have had in my 20 years of airline travel. Very substandard service. In future travelling on SIA is not a status, but a necessity.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  30 September 2013 by A Eckardt    (Germany)

FRA-SIN on A380. The upper deck is a real comfy little cabin as there are only around 15 rows in Economy. This improves the service even more. Food reasonable as always. IFE broke down after 6 hours and couldn't be fixed again bud didn't want to switch my seat. I like the opportunity to charge my mobile at the plane as I use it a lot for listening to music.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  30 September 2013 by A Smith    (Australia)

ADL-SIN-DME / LHR-SIN-ADL. Four legs with SQ for this trip to Europe. Seems that catering has improved since my last trip in April. All aircraft (330, 777-300 & 380) were comfortable and clean. Ground staff and crew were friendly and IFE was excellent. Still offering the best product for international travel by far.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  27 September 2013 by J Baker    (UK)

Travelled on 17th September with my wife and 17 month old, London to Singapore. Really great staff, looked after our daughter very well indeed. We paid for her own seat which we fitted her car seat into which was ideal. Food was good with a great choice. Really enjoyed flying Singapore and on the A380 was even better than I expected.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  27 September 2013 by Wan Bin    (Singapore)

Singapore to Japan on a late night flight, 11pm to 9am. I was surprised that the drinks service was reduced to being given a choice of juice, water or beer from trays instead of the full drinks cart service. I got what I requested when I asked for it specifically. The menu card provided listed that a selection of snacks are available upon request before breakfast. When I asked what the options were, the stewardess gave me a few pieces of tiny biscuits. On the way back, the stewardess gave me the option of instant noodles or biscuits. I wonder if these are cost cutting measures. The new advertisements portrayed better service though hence I was disappointed. Air France and KLM offers a much better snack selection of chocolates, fruits, sandwiches, cakes throughout their flight. The choice of entertainment options is great though.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  26 September 2013 by J Bibby    (UK)

Manchester to Singapore via Munich return. There was good choice of food, a nice dinner (with 3 main course choices) and a cooked breakfast, as well as another light snack. The cabin crew came around frequently during the flight with orange juice and water. Also snacks and chocolates were available on request from the galley! A good selection of films, along with free headphones and a comfort pack of toothpaste, toothbrush, socks, etc. The cabin crew were very welcoming and helpful with assisting passengers with finding seats and locating space for carry on luggage. Previously I have flown a lot with American Airlines and Iberia, which do not come anywhere near to Singapore Airlines. I had forgotten that long haul travel in economy class could be so delightful! Singapore Airlines were wonderful.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  26 September 2013 by Zachary Ho    (Singapore)

SQ12 to Los Angeles Via Tokyo on the Sep 11 and SQ 11 return on 24th Sep. Flight was not entirely full, approximately 70%. Had 3 seats to myself which was nice. Seat was comfortable and not as hard as one would imagine. Drinks service begins once we took off and it came back on intervals throughout the duration of the flight time. Food was great and i went for both of the Japanese selection which was awesome. Krisworld was excellent too with lots of entertainment though it should be using touch screen by now. (Those who are transiting to Los Angeles will need to exit the plane, transit through security and back in the gate). All these took 10 mins and with lots of help from the Japanese and Singapore crew. Great Airline, Great service.

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.