Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines Customer Trip Reports

5-Star Airline ranking

SINGAPORE AIRLINES

a World 5-Star Airline

Read Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines customer trip Reports

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Zachary Ho    (Singapore)

SIN-HK-SIN on A380. SQ866 and 865, Singapore to Hong Kong departed on time and FA were friendly and attentive to our needs and always smiled. Kris-world was excellent with a wide range of movies including recently release new movies for our entertainment. It's only a 4 hrs flight but to have an IFE onboard made it such a wonderful experience to enjoy your 4hrs. Meals were good and ice cream was given for the first leg, return leg had a new selection of movies which I always enjoyed having. And the best thing was they had a Christmas menu and it was excellent with turkey and log cakes. Delayed arrival entering Singapore due to heavy traffic, and captain informed us of the delay. Overall a wonderful experience and SQ has kept its high standards in service and quality once again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Shoumik Datta    (Singapore)

I travelled from Singapore to Kolkata and back during the month of December and I have to say that the service is far better than any other carrier. During the night flight back to Singapore, passengers were given Givenchy amenity kits. The food was also very nice and tasty, and we were given a menu card before departure, which I felt was a nice touch. The last thing I wish to highlight is that the inflight entertainment, Krisworld was excellent and all the latest blockbusters were available onboard. I was totally spoilt for choice during the short 3 hour 50 minutes flight. Strongly recommended to everyone.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  25 December 2013 by H Yaacob    (Singapore)

SIN-FCO-SIN on SQ366/365. The crews on both flights were outstanding and accommodating to our requests. Nonetheless, there was a handful of crew members who, whilst polite, were rather cold and didn't appear to be interested in going the extra mile. I've noticed this lately on SIA but this was made up by the exceptional service rendered by the rest of the crew. We ordered special meals. Food on the outbound was excellent, though our vegetarian meal on the inbound was very bland and not fulfilling at all. IFE selection was mediocre at best. Movie and TV selection was limited and disappointing. This tends to be the case on SIA, it's a bit of a hit and miss. Emirates has its act together much better in this area. We got a refurbished 772 which was nice. Legroom was great. However, the hard seat cushions made sitting down a bit uncomfortable after a while and ill-placed IFE remotes which were on the armrests. Your legs would keep knocking against the controls. Overall, it was an above average flight and I would use SQ again. Though I wouldn't be adamant. It wasn't spectacular and I'm sure they're competitors can offer equally good flights.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  23 December 2013 by S Tibble    (UK)

LHR to SIN 10th Dec. Business class flight on the A380. After use of lounge boarded plane easily and was directed to my seat by FA. Offered drinks went for Champagne and also asked about post take off drinks. Offered papers and magazines for the journey. Seat very comfy and although a night flight did not have put into bed mode, I found more than enough adjustment with recline, and I am 5 ft 11. All meals were very good with plenty of choice and all presented very well.Drinks service very good, with friendly crew in galley whenever I wanted something. Arrival in Singapore very good, flight crew said goodbye and all seem to have been pleased to see us. Although this was the a380 I think the renewed 777 offering is better.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2013 by H Watson    (Australia)

We arrived in Paris today, flying SYD-SIN-CDG, both legs on the A380. We were seated in upper deck economy, which is much better than the lower deck (quieter, less people, smaller seat configuration). The staff service on both legs was excellent - lots of drink runs, and when I discovered one of the earphones on my headset wasn't working, I was promptly given a new one. Staff always had a smile and were polite. Seats comfortable, food not too bad for economy. Only drawback was the entertainment system could have had more movies.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Gary Lohman    USA)

Perth to Houston TX on SQ 062, my wife and I. Flight to Moscow aborted at last minute, routed to Warsaw where Singapore Airlines had no affiliation. Sat on plane for 2 hours after landing in Warsaw, then escorted to airport. Once in the lounge and able to check flights we saw we had been booked on a flight to Paris and to Houston the next morning. Went to gate and told we had no ticket for this flight, went back to where we originally left and there was a SA rep. After some time told we could not take this flight. Told to gather luggage and go to a hotel. Told we were being put on a plane to Copenhagen, then to Chicago and then to Houston, arriving 36 hours after planned arrival. Inquired why we could not take flight to Paris as previously scheduled, connection time now too close and airline would not book. In summary I have been flying internationally my entire oil field career, over 30 years I have experienced delays, cancellations, re-routes etc. I have never seen such a poor handling of a situation as this. I have always chosen Singapore when possible but will think twice in the future.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2013 by K Kapasi    (India)

We flew BOM-SIN-BOM earlier this year for a 10 day holiday in Singapore. The flights were great both ways and we were extremely happy with the choice of food. For BOM-SIN me and my son tried the Lamb dish - but did not like it. The crew promptly replaced this with the available veg choice. The return sector actually had a better choice of Indian food. Beverages choice was also great - and of course they had Tiger beer! Good and no nonsense comfortable flight.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  17 December 2013 by J Adam    (UK)

LHR-SIN-SYD, both legs on A380. I couldn't recommend this airline any more. Great legroom for economy and seat pitch, hot towels before take off, some of the best food I have had in the sky, regular drinks service, great entertainment system with Krisworld, clean cabin (they even had some Xmas decorations up). FA'S were very helpful and the girls were dressed impeccably in their Singapore girl outfits and always smiling and willing to help. The added plus of Changi airport being SQ's hub made transit a very pleasant experience. If you're flying the A380 v1 seating plan - I recommend booking an upper deck economy ticket, a small dedicated cabin at the back of the upper deck provides a smaller quieter experience. This is a 5 star airline and blows my home airline BA out of the water. You will not be disappointed! They made over 10,000 miles in the air somewhat enjoyable!

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  12 December 2013 by F Wong    (Hong Kong)

SQ2 from SIN to HKG on Dec 9th was delayed 5 hours due to faulty parts, they had to change aircraft to fly us all home. Despite that, there were enough staff to attend to us, we were kept informed of the situation very clearly, Free drinks and snack boxes provided. Then a dinner up to SGD 15 was provided for us. Staffs were visible ally he time to answer question and calm our fears. When finally boarding, we were given a small token as an apology. Arrived in HK at past 2 am, we were given free coaches, as well as taxi fares to go home, depending on our destination. I could not complain but praise this airlines for treating their customers right. Truly deserving its 5 star status all the way! On board the 777-300ER, seat was comfortable, good AVOD, crew were hard working, frequent drink top ups and good quality late dinner served. Overall, I am impress and will not hesitate to fly with them again and again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2013 by Sylvia Mascheroni    (Spain)

On 23 November I got SQ 068 to Sao Paulo and I was really surprised to see the cleanliness of the aircraft. Unfortunately due to connecting flight problems I lost my flight back to Barcelona and I could not compare - and perhaps change my mind - the poor state of maintenance of aircraft's. I don't think I will be flying again with Singapore, but it is also however the best option to fly from Barcelona to Montevideo.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Peter Riddell    (Australia)

I've recently flown on SQ 423 BOM-SIN connecting SQ217 SIN-MEL in J Class. Can I say at the outset the crew on SQ and their service to the business class passenger is wonderful. I used points to upgrade and it was a rare experience for me to enjoy J class so was really keen to sample SQ business class. Great sized LCD TV screen, brand new cabin on SQ423, wide seats and such a massive sense of space! Amazingly for a post-midnight departure ex Mumbai we were served a full 3 course meal which was lovely but it's almost impossible to sleep on a full stomach. Much more logical to serve a light snack on departure and full breakfast before Singapore, surely? The menu didn't indicate this was an option to be requested so I assume no breakfast service was available. The seat in recline position was great and quite comfortable but it was after putting the bed down to try and sleep the discomfort began. A very hard, lumpy bed from the various joins and cushions. And the massive belt that pins you to the bed is totally uncomfortable. I felt like I was tied to the bed, couldn't turn over, couldn't breathe and ended up having to sit back up again. Equals no sleep! So, so disappointing. I'm happy to drape a seat belt over me while sleeping, I'm not prepared to be tied down! SQ 217 on the SIN-MEL leg was an old version of the 1-2-1 config. Dirty walls, worn leather seats, small TV, drinks placed on the shelf at the front so it was a case of having to undo the seat belt and stretch out to take it. Beautiful food, excellent service, lovely, lovely crew. But again, the hard, uncomfortable bed. A less than enjoyable experience, I won't be travelling SQ business again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Jana Prime    (Australia)

On 15/11/13 flight from Brisbane to Singapore leaving at 23.45, was the worst flight with this airline. Old plane, no leg room, poor service, I was flabbergasted as I have been flying with them for years. Coming home, the plane was up to their usual standard, but I will be very wary of flying or recommending them in the future.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Lowie Starr    (USA)

Flew from LAX to SIN with a stop over at Narita, then SIN to MNL. First time on an A380. Boarding took a while since it was a full flight and there are lot of pax, once on board, things were very good. FA's were polite and very helpful and are always present whenever you need anything. Food was definitely some of the best airline food I have had, with plenty of drink runs, dessert and what not. Choice between Japanese and Western. Flight was on time though had a very hard landing in Narita. Was probably the longest flight I have had but it was very enjoyable. SIN-MNL they used an older B777 with IFE not AVOD though unlike the A380, but other than that it was fantastic. Transit at Changi was great, had a 12 hour lay over.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by M Abbott    (Singapore)

Singapore - Zurich and return. On the A380 with all business class seating on the upper deck. Overall a very good trip. Departure from SIN is scheduled very late (01.30), so I had no problem getting off to several hours sleep at that time of the morning. Coming back is a daytime flight, which I personally find more tiring. Anyway, the product remains a solid one. The service was very good. Food and drinks all fine. Still think the IFE system is showing its age compared to say, Emirates, but quite OK and had no problem finding a few movies to watch on the daytime return flight. My complaints remain the same as ever. The business class seat is plain weird, and for taller types like me, the diagonal sleeping position is only just long enough. In addition, SQ start to look expensive compared to the Gulf carriers for the route I was travelling (SIN-ZRH-NCE), by a couple of thousand S$, which is substantial.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  7 December 2013 by A Difiori    (UK)

Flight SQ317 (LHR-SIN) on 30th November 2013 seat 27K on upper deck. Check-in was fast, although I understand that one of the check-in assistants was rude to my colleague by suggesting it was obvious he'd not flown business class before, but hey, we were in England and you can't complain about poor service here. The flight itself was fine. I had used BTC for the food. The only let down was the breakfast which was bizarre. I had pre-ordered multigrain toast, after a few mis-understandings on what it came with I decided to stay with this choice, however, I wish I had not. It consisted of 2 pieces of what was more like chipboard than toast, accompanied by grilled asparagus, carrots, aubergine and courgettes and on the same place was a sweet pastry. Not sure who makes up the dishes but this certain was not complimentary to each other. All the veg were dry and chewy. Having usually flown Virgin business class in the past I was used to having my bed made for me but this does not happen in SIA flights, also the bed, even though lay flat was designed in a way that for me at 6ft2 was very uncomfortable. Overall not a bad experience, just some oddities.

1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.