Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines Customer Trip Reports

5-Star Airline ranking

SINGAPORE AIRLINES

a World 5-Star Airline

Read Singapore Airlines Passenger Reviews and Singapore Airlines customer trip Reports

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  15 January 2014 by Michael Rouse    (UK)

Manchester-Singapore-Sydney return. Brilliant service, good food for economy class. Flight attendants worked hard and were first class. On the outward journey suggested we might want to move to have more space, sadly the plane was packed coming back. We will use them again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2014 by G Treano    (Japan)

HND-SIN-JNB-SIN-NRT. Took off late from HND in an A330, due to aircraft arrival. Cabin crew did a good job. No amenity kits distributed. Seat had a lot of space, and IFE was loaded with good selections. Had the Japanese style breakfast which was good. Later served refreshment (had a choice) which was nice. I had the Spaghetti and Eggplant, really good. Cabin crew made continuous drink runs. A330 had dirty seats that needed cleaning or replacement, but a good flight. Took off late from SIN in a revamped 777-200. Lots of space, and legroom. Amenity kits distributed. Refreshment was a sandwich and I fell asleep after eating. Had the Omelette for Breakfast. Really good. IFE was not loaded up. Arrived early into JNB. Ground staff at JNB really nice and friendly for being 0605 in the morning. JNB-SIN took off on time. Full flight, and again in a revamped 777-200. Amenity kits distributed. Served lunch after an hour. I had the braised pork, which was really good. Fell asleep, but was awakened by the constant snack runs of sandwiches, which were small but very tasty. Constant wine refills were also done. Fruit, cookies, and chips were also distributed as snacks. For Breakfast asked for chicken but was served the Omelette, with sausage. No complaints as it was perfect! Arrived into SIN early. SIN-NRT gate said closed, but they were letting pax check in. Seemed like boarding took forever. Took off on time in A380. Seat was cramped, and smaller than 777-200, and A330 seats. Served lunch, I had the Japanese selection, it was ok. Fell asleep, and was occasionally awakened to cabin crew doing drink runs. Aircraft seemed to be really cold. Landed in NRT early. With all the late UA flights arriving Immigration was a nightmare! The last flight seemed to be a little low on standards, but overall Singapore Airlines is still right up there, next to ANA.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  13 January 2014 by S Palmer    (Australia)

London to Singapore, Singapore to Sydney, 5th January 2014. We had our dates mixed up and turned up to the airport for the wrong flight, a day late. This was our fault, and Singapore Airlines were very helpful and managed to put us on the next flight (the one we wrongly turned up for). We were not charged anything for this and the ground staff were very professional and helpful. The flight were good, seats were as comfortable as economy gets and the entertainment was excellent. The cabin crew were polite and very professional. The food was really good. Because we were headed all the way to Sydney, we had to try and get on another flight at Singapore. Once again the ground staff were helpful and professional, and put us on the next flight to Sydney at no additional cost. The second flight was as good as the first, with comfortable seating, great entertainment and service, and good food. All round very pleased with Singapore Airlines, and grateful!

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Shu Wen Teo    (USA)

Flew economy from LA to SIN in May 2013. The seat is spacious and provides enough legroom. However, I was utterly disappointed with the service. I fell asleep when they were handing out the meals. I woke up when all the passengers were just about to dig in and I immediately asked for my meal. But, I was told that they had run out of lunch and the rude air stewardess walked away without offering anything else. Aren't they supposed to have enough meals for everyone? Even though the air stewardess offered 2 small bags of chips later, this still did not make up for it. Light snacks for main meal? I don't think so.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Imtiaz Riadi    (Indonesia)

CGK-SIN-DEL, SQ 967 and SQ 406. Connection time more than sufficient. The seat was comfortable but not fully flat. The meal choices I had on the CGK-SIN Route were Rendang and Lasagne. I tried the Rendang and it was delicious, soft, tender and quite spicy. The TV was sufficient and I'm thankful they have charging port on the SQ 406. I slept for the rest of the flight and managed to do some last minute inflight shopping before landing.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Velvon Almeida    (New Zealand)

Auckland to Singapore to Mumbai return. Excellent service by cabin crew, B777-300ER from AKL to SIN. Seats were comfortable. Inflight entertainment was excellent. I had pre arranged a special meal that was delicious. At Singapore airport ground staff member was waiting to guide passengers to Mumbai as it was a fast connection. Singapore to Mumbai was B777-200 - another nice flight.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  10 January 2014 by Anders Pedersen    (Denmark)

SGN-SIN-SYD on 9th January 2014. First leg on B770-200. Excellent and proactive, ambitious, and diligent staff whether old or young. Seats not lie flat but no need for a two hours ride. Lounge access, food, and drinks very good. 3-4 options for hot food given! The Bollinger champagne is now replaced. No cheese table could be offered. No wifi available. SIN-SYD on A380-800. The cabins provide some privacy. Beds are flat but not fully horizontal, a small angle of 3-4% remains, disturb sleeping, and annoys. The TV screens are heavily light reflecting and are more mirrors than TVs – what a disaster as compared to the investment. The tray tables are in a funny, skew position, forcing the gourmand to lean sideways while eating. Disappointed by this seat furthermore its hard to operate. Food is excellent and options are plenty. No cheese table offered. No wifi available. FAs were kind, caring and attentive. SQ is the only airline serving stout beer - quite charming. Wines are good and food is good as well.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Steven Cao    (China)

Dec 26, Shangahi Pudong-Singapore-Auckland with brand new B777-300ER, very efficient check-in and pleasant transit experience, comfortable seat with spacious legroom, large AVOD screen with plenty of movies/tv shows/music channels. Cabin crew very friendly and polite, lots food and very tasty, beverages/snacks/fruit served frequently during the mid-might flight of Singapore-Auckland. Return flight Christchurch-Singapore-Shanghai Pudong with old and dated B777-200, can't believe SG still use this type of aircraft for 10hrs flight, mini VOD screen is like a joke, again, outstanding cabin crew and food service.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by A Turner    (Australia)

Flew economy from Frankfurt to Singapore. Food was decent, leg space sufficient. A very smooth flight with good customer service. Our flight out of Frankfurt was delayed due to bad weather in New York, missed our connecting flight from Singapore to Perth as a result. We were very impressed with their service in this situation. They organised a room and paid a return taxi fare to the very nice Hotel Village Changi. We spent most of our 10 hour wait there eating the free buffet meals and resting in the comfortable room. Although we were frustrated that we were so severely delayed, having a hotel room and meals provided made the situation less stressful.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Nick Hodgson    (Australia)

MEL-SIN, Business in December. I was surprisingly disappointed on this trip aboard their 777-300ER aircraft. Granted, the newer Business class was not yet installed, but overall I wasn't all that impressed with the quality of the seat which looked rather tired. The lounge in Melbourne is barely comparable to a domestic Virgin Australia lounge since they have split it into Business/First and had a very poor food and beverage offering. Despite requesting not to be woken for breakfast service during the flight to maximise sleep, I was. Not a picky traveler and not a regular Business traveler either, but found myself a little disappointed at the offering considering the hype.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Syed Mukhtar    (Malaysia)

Flying Dubai to Penang via Singapore. Excellent service, excellent food, not too much expensive, great flight entertainment selection. Flight from Singapore to Penang was operated by Silkair with an excellent service. Great airline overall. Definitely using this again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  6 January 2014 by H Buehler    (Switzerland)

SQ 345, ZRH to SIN, 9 Dec 2013. The A380 was late due to non communicated reasons - no Economy Class in Upper Deck were available, thus our long lasting reservations were cancelled and we got rather poor seats in the aft of the airplane. The meal was 'overcooked' thus not edible, service was non-existent, we had to get our drinks ourselves in the galley.¨It was the lousiest flight to Asia we have experienced.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by K Lakshmanan    (Singapore)

Flew from Singapore to Dubai in Economy class and I hate the seat configuration. Its 3-4-3 which doesn't give you any privacy if you're travelling with a partner. There are few "couple seats" but unfortunately all were booked a month before departure. The seats were quite cramped. No power outlet to charge you mobile phones. The food that was served was the worst airline meal ever had. Totally bland and overcooked chicken. Cheap ice creams. Crew were monotonous and especially one of them who went around asking "would you like to have a coffee or tea" non-stop. it took forever for the crew to finish their meal service which resulted in longer time to serve coffee and tray collections. Never flying on a SIA flight again.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Tan Andrew    (Singapore)

23 Dec 2013, SQ638, seated row 73. Singapore to Tokyo - red eye flight was bumpy and hard to sleep. At row 73 we could hear the noise of toilet flushing which made it harder to sleep. Cabin service included snack and drink after take off and breakfast 2 hrs before landing were excellent. 31 Dec 2013, SQ 637, seated row 79. Tokyo to Singapore - Full flight, food delicious and service even other airlines talked about. Cabin crew smiled all the time.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by L Hang    (Singapore)

18th December from Brisbane to Singapore. I have been taking varied airlines such as Qantas, Emirates for this same route over the years. I have to say that I am quite disappointed with the service and that there has indeed been a decline in SIA's standards in this area. I ordered a special vegetarian oriental meal whilst checking in online. As it was served first, our drink orders were not taken. My vegetarian meal came with only a piece of bread and the main meal. It was extremely oily and I had no salad or fruit to go with it. I was also refused a dessert as I was told special meals had their own desserts. I never received anything. I was also never served a drink until I asked the stewardess clearing the trays if I could get one. Even then she said she would get back to me and never did. I also tried to do some inflight shopping but the airline had extremely limited stock of the products in the catalogue. Most of the products were not in stock at all. I think compared to the competitors for this same leg, SIA is definitely below average. I would think twice before paying this much when I can get a cheaper flight with better service.

Singapore Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Nicholas Tan    (Singapore)

SQ976 to Bangkok from Singapore: okay service on 20 December. SQ981 came back to Singapore from Bangkok: much better service. They left the light on for my father who was reading, staff were much friendlier and were happy to serve. Both flights on A330, in-flight entertainment had lots of selection.

Š 1999-2014  Skytrax. All rights reserved.